Subject: Netatalk Printing

From: Nunu Vongsouvan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:04:26 -0600

I use MacManager for a school that has about 60 iMacs.  The NEC 1800 
Printer's network card went down, (never buy an Nec1800 printer, piece of 
junk) and I started using a RedHat 7.0 box for a print server.  I am 
using an earlier version of Samba for the PC's to print to, it works 
great.  When the iMacs print to the redhat box, which also has netatalk 
1.4b2 installed, it prints word documents and other stuff, but won't 
print Internet web pages.  The printer flashes "Printing PCL" and no 
printout ever comes out.  Any ideas?

---

From: Nigel Pegram <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:56:33 +1100

Can you print html using lpr on the redhat box? I assume you're piping to
lpr using netatalk and using the LaserWriter driver on the Mac ... I found
that setting up my printers on the Mac using the LaserWriter driver that I
had the best results in ASCII mode, not binary.

I'm using this setup to drive both a postscript and non-postscript printer
(a Seiko-Epson label printer).

HTH
Nigel.

> From: Nunu Vongsouvan <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:04:26 -0600
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Netatalk Printing
> Resent-From: [email-masked]
> Resent-Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:14:11 -0500 (EST)
> 
> When the iMacs print to the redhat box, which also has netatalk