Subject: --force-uidgid

From: Steve Holmes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:17:01 -0500

I'm pretty new to netatalk, but I have afpd working pretty much vanilla 
(1.5.1.1) on a Solaris 8 (sparc) server. 

What we REALLY need is for the --force-uidgid feature to work. I see in 
the configure help that it is marked "BROKEN".

I really need to talk to someone to find out about this feature, how is it 
broken, is anyone working on it, when will it be fixed???? I haven't found 
any docs on how it would even be configured (i.e. config file options to 
control which uid/gid is force to which, etc.) so any info on that would 
help, too.

[Background: we almost let the Mac platform die by attrition here, but 
have resurrected it provisionally. We are running samba to support Windows 
labs and use the samba "force user" feature to allow students to mount 
shared shares (:-) with the permissions of a shadow group so they can 
write into the share. We *have* to be able to do this on the Mac platform 
or it ain't gonna fly.]

Thanks,
Steve

-- 
Steve Holmes		        \http://harmony.cc.purdue.edu/~sjh
Unix Systems Administrator       \Email:[email-masked]
Purdue University Computing Center\
1408 Mathematics Building          \Phone: (765) 496-3325
West Lafayette IN 47907-1408        \