Subject: Re: Pre5 and RH 7

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 23:02:07 +0100

Hi,

I too experienced this line with RH7 (2.4.2) and Pre4:

In my Appleshare.system I have the line:
/home/data "Data schijf"

In my apfd.conf I have the line:
"Data schijf" -transall -uamlist uams_guest.so,uams_clrtxt.so,uams_dhx.so
-loginmesg "Welkom op de ZoW Data schijf."

When I didn't have the "uams_clrtxt.so,uams_dhx.so" in the apfd.conf I got
messages like:

Mar  8 10:50:08 dakota afpd[10473]: session from 65280.128:245 on
65280.148:131
Mar  8 10:50:08 dakota afpd[10473]: cleartext login: gerard
Mar  8 10:50:08 dakota PAM_pwdb[10473]: (netatalk) session opened for user
gerard by (uid=0)
Mar  8 10:50:08 dakota afpd[10473]: login gerard (uid 503, gid 100)
Mar  8 10:51:06 dakota afpd[10473]: setdirowner: chown 16777216/-1
.AppleDouble/.Parent: Operation not permitted
Mar  8 10:51:06 dakota afpd[10473]: setdirowner: chown 16777216/-1
.AppleDouble: Operation not permitted
Mar  8 10:51:06 dakota afpd[10473]: setdirowner: chown 16777216/-1 .:
Operation not permitted
Mar  8 10:51:06 dakota afpd[10473]: setdirowner: chown -1/0
.AppleDouble/.Parent: Operation not permitted
Mar  8 10:51:06 dakota afpd[10473]: setdirowner: chown 16777216/-1
.AppleDouble/.Parent: Operation not permitted
Mar  8 10:51:06 dakota afpd[10473]: setdirowner: chown 16777216/-1
.AppleDouble: Operation not permitted
Mar  8 10:51:06 dakota afpd[10473]: setdirowner: chown 16777216/-1 .:
Operation not permitted
Mar  8 10:51:06 dakota afpd[10473]: setdirowner: chown -1/0
.AppleDouble/.Parent: Operation not permitted
Mar  8 10:55:00 dakota CROND[10477]: (root) CMD (/etc/ppp/ipadresupload)
Mar  8 10:58:29 dakota PAM_pwdb[10473]: (netatalk) session closed for user
gerard
Mar  8 10:58:29 dakota afpd[10473]: 2.78KB read, 5.18KB written
Mar  8 10:58:29 dakota afpd[10473]: done
Mar  8 10:58:29 dakota afpd[10429]: server_child[0] 10473 done

I'm not sure, (I'm just a starting netatalk user) but does this not look
like gerard could login? Anyway, after logging in he tried to put a file in
the share, and then the messages of "Operation not permitted" came. After I
put the "uams_clrtxt.so,uams_dhx.so" in the apfd.conf and 'pwunconv"-ing
the passwd file I only got messages like:

Mar  8 14:18:18 dakota afpd[12249]: session from 65280.128:245 on
65280.148:131
Mar  8 14:18:18 dakota afpd[12249]: cleartext login: gerard
Mar  8 14:18:18 dakota PAM_pwdb[12249]: (netatalk) session opened for user
gerard by (uid=0)
Mar  8 14:18:18 dakota afpd[12249]: login gerard (uid 503, gid 100)
Mar  8 14:18:49 dakota PAM_pwdb[12249]: (netatalk) session closed for user
gerard
Mar  8 14:18:49 dakota afpd[12249]: 2.36KB read, 5.18KB written
Mar  8 14:18:49 dakota afpd[12249]: done
Mar  8 14:18:49 dakota afpd[10429]: server_child[0] 12249 done

During this log he tried to put a file in the share, but the end result was
the same: it was not possible to do so. The file appeared to be there but
its size was 0, just like previous example.

greetings,

Gerben Roest.

---
Linvision BV               tel: 015-7502310
Elektronicaweg 16 d          fax: 015-7502319
2628 XG Delft             [email-masked]
The Netherlands         www.linvision.com

                    "Daniel E.                                                                                  
                    Lautenschleger"        To:     Netatalk Mailing List <[email-masked]>            
                    <[email-masked]        cc:                                                                  
                    .wisc.edu>             Subject:     Pre5 and RH 7                                           
                                                                                                                
                    08-03-2001                                                                                  
                    22:27                                                                                       

I just installed the RPM Pre5 on my RH 7 box and specifying only DHX in
the netatalk.conf file does not allow me to copy files properly. It claims
there is a permission problem. I believe this bug was present in Pre 4 as
well.

Logs:

Mar  8 15:24:17 itchy afpd[2591]: ASIP session:548(1) from
144.92.19.76:49272(2)
Mar  8 15:24:17 itchy afpd[2591]: dhx login: usrdel
Mar  8 15:24:17 itchy afpd[2591]: uams_dhx_pam.c :PAM: PAM Success --
Function not implemented
Mar  8 15:24:17 itchy PAM_pwdb[2591]: (netatalk) session opened for user
usrdel by (uid=0)
Mar  8 15:24:17 itchy afpd[2591]: uams_dhx_pam.c :PAM: PAM Auth OK!: (null)
-- Inappropriate ioctl for device
Mar  8 15:24:17 itchy afpd[2591]: login usrdel (uid 500, gid 500)
Mar  8 15:24:19 itchy afpd[2591]: setdirowner: chown -1/0
.AppleDouble/.Parent: Operation not permitted

What's line 5 all about!? ioctl...

Anyone else experiencing this?

-Dan