Subject: Appletalk routing

From: Gregg Healy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 08:55:38 -0700

I have an Appleshare IP server on the same Network as Netatalk, 
should I be using any special routing or? to make things work 
correctly or better?

Also I cannot get papd to print from the macs. It doesnt even start 
to write the file to the server before getting a PS error. What logs 
should I check and/or how do I figure out where this is going wrong?

Any help appreciated,

Gregg Healy
President

PhotoAd.com, Inc.
http://photoad.com
800 471-3737

---

From: Tony Stuckey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:24:48 -0500

> should I be using any special routing or? to make things work 

	They should coexist peacefully.  Are you seeing any problems?

> should I check and/or how do I figure out where this is going wrong?

	You may not want to use PAPD at all.
	MacOS since 8.1 (and with a separate installer for earlier
versions) has had the capability to print directly to an LPR protocol
device (Unix print daemon).

http://www.umich.edu/~rsug/netatalk/archive/admins/1999/0667.html
-- 
Anthony J. Stuckey                              [email-masked]
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."
	-Robyn Hitchcock.