Subject: another strange error (umlauts in folder name)

From: Harald Wagener <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 15:53:56 +0200

When trying to open a certain folder, 
the error message is:

- in german
"<folder name>" (Ordner) konnte nicht geöffnet werden, weil das Objekt nicht
gefunden wurde

-in english this would be 
"<folder name>" (Folder) cannot be opened, because the object was not found

It is a folder with two gig of data inside, and my users would want to work on
that data again (the folder and the data are 
on disc, undamaged).

If I change the name to one containing no umlaut, things work as expected.

in a mainly german speaking environment, this is quite undesirable. Would setting
the option mswindows
(which also sets the 8859-1 codepage) help?

Regards,
	Harald

PS: This is with 1.5pre6 binary RPM, RedHat 7.1, it seems to work with 1.5pre3 (on
another machine).

H.

-- 
Harald Wagener      |                                Systemadministrator 
FCB/Wilkens GmbH    |                              Tel.:+49-40-2881-1252 
An der Alster 42    |                              Fax.:+49-40-2881-1263 
20099 Hamburg       |                         http://www.fcb-wilkens.com