Subject: AppleTalk net size

From: Kent Reuber <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 09:31:26 -0800

Without a router, what's the limit on AppleTalk nodes.  253?

Kent
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Kent Reuber ([email-masked])                     Phone (650)725-8092
Senior Networking Specialist                          Fax  (650) 723-0908
Networking Systems                              241 Panama St., Pine Hall
Stanford University                               Stanford, CA 94305-4122
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

---

From: "Tom Watson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 20:32:42 -0800

On the "LocalTalk" side that is the case.  On the "EtherTalk" side
it is a couple of groups worth (I don't have the exact number).

The practical limitation (limited by physical constraints) is
probably a bit less.

As always... Your milage may vary...

-- 
Tom Watson         Generic short signature
[email-masked]     (I'm at home now)