Subject: multiple AFP servers?

From: Flint Million <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 00:58:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hello...
I have been experimenting with the idea of running multiple AFP servers on
one copy of netatalk. I've edited the afpd.conf file to include all the
servers I want to run. Here is the problem: I can change the DEFAULT and
SYSTEM AppleVolumes files, but not the AppleVolumes file for each user.
For example, say I wanted two servers: one for home directory access and
another for access to a Samba-enabled directory - SEPARATE from the
homedir. One might be called "Linux AFP" and the other called
"Windows-compatible Shared"...

Can I tell netatlk to use different USER.applevolumes files as
well as different default ones? For instance, I want the default AFP
server to use ~/.AppleVolumes and the secondary server to use
~/.AppleVolumes.samba

Also, can I restrict certain users from using the secondary server? Say I
have two users: user1 and user2, and user1 should be able to access both
servers, but user2 should only be able to access the first server; if he
tries to access the secondary server, his password is rejected.

 Flint Million
[email-masked]

---

From: Mac Conin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 15:55:59 +0200

Hmm.

Flint Million wrote:
> well as different default ones?

Yes, you can.

first place in the users home directory the volumes you want them to see.
Then you can edit the /etc/atalk/Applevolumes.default to show a global volume

if you call afpd -u (home directory .Applevolumes first) this should fit.
Also you can tell any volume options like allow:@users deny:user2

 For instance, I want the default AFP

-- 
--schnipp-- 

best regards
-----------------------------------------------------------
Mac Conin                        EUC Online Service GmbH
[email-masked]                    
http://www.euc.de                
tel : +49-221-923 27 33          fax : +49-221-239 651
-----------------------------------------------------------
EUC sponsort Clean up Cologne - eine Iniative der IHK Köln,
der Abfallwirtschaftsbetriebe Köln (AWB) und dem
Grünflächenamt der Stadt Köln. http://www.clean-up-cologne.de