Subject: Quark XPress File Locking - 1.5.1.1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:13:34 +0100

As I'm new in the list, I've no way to browse the archive...

Well, my problem could be resumed as this.

I installed version 1.5.2 (it is my first install) and encountered some
problems (bad eof in Photoshop docs).
I downgraded to 1.5.1 (with --enable-overwrite of config files for a new
install) wich fixed the Photoshop problem.

Then I get a new problem with Quark XPress.   Error -49. When you work on
an existing file on the server, you cannot write it back and you receive a
file locked error.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Regards

Jacques Petit
Brussels

---

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 02:05:26 -0800

Hi Jacques,

What version of OS/kernel? What version of AppleShare Client? What server
filesystem? What version of QuarkXPress? Is the client connecting via TCP/IP
or AppleTalk? What configure options were used when compiling Netatalk?

Steve

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:13:34 +0100
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Quark XPress File Locking - 1.5.1.1
> Resent-From: [email-masked]
> Resent-Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 04:30:38 -0500 (EST)
>