Subject: Re: RE: Changing Passwords

From: "Bryn Hughes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 08:37:02 -0700

I'm having exactlly the same problem now.  I added the -setpassword option, no dice.  The Yellow Dog Linux 1.2 distribution is actually Red Hat 6.2 ported to PPC, so we have the same versions of everything pretty much.

Bryn

>>> <[email-masked]> - 5/31/01 6:36 AM >>>
Bryn,
I'm running the same ver. of netatalk on Redhat. I found that by adding
"-setpassword" to your server config line in afpd.conf, the change password
dialog becomes accessible. That said, on my beige G3, going through the dialog
results in an error message instead of a successful password change. I'll try a
different computer, but I suspect that's not the problem.
-jb

-----Original Message-----
From: "Bryn Hughes" <[email-masked]> at Internet-RAC
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 3:00 PM
To: <[email-masked]> at Internet-RAC
Subject: Changing Passwords

I'm currently running netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-8 on Yellow Dog Linux 1.2 (it's
the version that comes bundled with YDL).

Currently users are unable to change their passwords.  The "Set Password" button
is greyed out completely.  I can't find anything anywhere that would
allow/disable this in the config files, so I'm wondering what I'm missing.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Bryn