Subject: netatalk compile on qube2?

From: Paul Krohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 21:41:28 -0800

has anyone else out there successfully compiled a recent version of
netatalk on a qube2?

to get started, i had to install a number of gnu tools (automake and
autoconf among others -- be sure to install these on top of the distro,
into /usr rather than /usr/local). i'd have to do that for lots of
packages, so no biggie.

i get the following errors, trying to compile netatalk-1.5pre5 and netatalk-1.5pre4:

afp_config.c: In function `ASPConfigInit':
afp_config.c:181: `VERSION' undeclared (first use this function)
afp_config.c:181: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
afp_config.c:181: for each function it appears in.)
afp_config.c: In function `DSIConfigInit':
afp_config.c:230: `VERSION' undeclared (first use this function)

i'm not a c programmer, so i really have no idea what's up. i configured
with ./configure --enable-cobalt, which seemed to create the correct
layout. 

also, this is a little OT, but i'd like to finally figure out how to
create an rpm package for other qube/raq 2 users out there -- that puts
the binaries and config files where cobalt expects them, so as not to
break the web interface. is that what the --enable-cobalt option is
supposed to do/does, were it to compile?

fwiw, the qube2 is based on redhat 5.

thanks, of course, in advance for your help.