Subject: Odd activity with a LW Pro, don't know if it's netatalk's fault

From: "Jimmy Mooney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 12:09:56 -0700

This is my first post to the list, so please feel free to alert me to anything
I may have done wrong :)

I have set up a linux box with Red Hat 7.1 and the latest version of netatalk.
I also have the kernel appletalk modules installed. I have a LaserWriter
II NT installed as the printer 'lp' on the machine, and I have a LaserWriter
Pro 630 installed as the printer 'lp1' on the machine. They are both installed
in exactly the same fashion (per directions on http://gdr.free.fr/linux2.html).

The problem is I made a text file with some misc. words in it called blah.txt
in ~/ and when I do 'lpr -P lp ~/blah.txt' everything works great, prints
fine.

When I do 'lpr -P lp1 ~/blah.txt' in the status.lp1 log in /var/spool/lp1
I get the error 'OF Filter msg - 'Didn't find initial page count!' at ...'
and so on.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? The LW II works great with identical
setup (except lp = lp1 in the right places).

--Jimmy

// Jimmy Mooney
// [email-masked]