Subject: Number of connections one more time

From: [email-masked] (Lee Blevins)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:06:03 -0400

Where and how do I control the max connections?

Freebsd 3.2 ( I know,I know, I know...)

I compiled from source: netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3

My /usr/local/atalk looks like this.

drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  512 Aug 26 12:24 bin
drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel  512 Aug 26 12:53 etc
drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel  512 Aug 26 12:24 include
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  512 Aug 26 12:24 lib
drwxr-xr-x  6 root  wheel  512 Aug 26 12:24 man

in /usr/local/atalk/etc there is:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  118337 Aug 26 12:24 afpd
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   46335 Aug 26 12:24 atalkd
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel      85 Aug 26 12:53 atalkd.conf
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    1138 Aug 26 12:24 etc2ps
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel     512 Aug 26 12:24 filters
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel     512 Aug 26 12:24 nls
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel     122 Aug 26 12:24 pagecount.ps
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   49440 Aug 26 12:24 papd
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    4651 Aug 26 12:24 psa
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   11723 Aug 26 12:24 psf
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    1102 Aug 26 12:24 rc.atalk

and /usr/local/atalk/etc/rc.atalk looks like this:

#
# AppleTalk daemons. Make sure not to start atalkd in the background:
# its data structures must have time to stablize before running the
# other processes.
#

#
# SUNOS: UNCOMMENT THESE LINES TO LOAD THE KERNEL MODULE.  Note that
# modunload-ing netatalk may cause your machine to panic or hang.
#
##echo -n 'loading netatalk: '
##if [ -f /usr/local/atalk/etc/netatalk.o ]; then
##      /usr/etc/modload -sym /usr/local/atalk/etc/netatalk.o;
##fi

echo -n 'starting appletalk daemons:'
if [ -x /usr/local/atalk/etc/atalkd ]; then
        /usr/local/atalk/etc/atalkd;            echo -n ' atalkd'
fi

if [ -x /usr/local/atalk/bin/nbprgstr ]; then
        /usr/local/atalk/bin/nbprgstr -p 4 `hostname|sed
's/\..*$//'`:Workstatio
n
        /usr/local/atalk/bin/nbprgstr -p 4 `hostname|sed
's/\..*$//'`:netatalk
                                        echo -n ' nbprgstr'
fi

if [ -x /usr/local/atalk/etc/papd ]; then
        /usr/local/atalk/etc/papd;              echo -n ' papd'
fi

if [ -x /usr/local/atalk/etc/afpd ]; then
        /usr/local/atalk/etc/afpd;              echo -n ' afpd'
fi

if [ -x /usr/local/atalk/etc/timelord ]; then
        /usr/local/atalk/etc/timelord;          echo -n ' timelord'
fi

                                        echo '.'