Subject: First Class

From: Isaac Ordonez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:16:36 -0800

Ok, I'm really getting sick of this Junk Mail sent from First Class
Equipment ([email-masked]) being sent out to the netatalk-admin
mailing list.  If I had a few thousand dollars I would not buy a press
printer and if I did it would be for a door stop.  90% of the time it's not
filtered into the mailing list and ends up in my inbox.  If any of the
admins are listening please block that address.

Thanks,

Isaac Ordonez
Technology Support Specialist II
San Rafael City Schools

---

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:48:30 -0800

I just called them, asked for a removal, and told them that their email
address supplier is giving them worthless information. Hopefully it'll stop.

Steve

> From: Isaac Ordonez <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:16:36 -0800
> To: nettalk <[email-masked]>
> Subject: First Class
> Resent-From: [email-masked]
> Resent-Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:19:21 -0500 (EST)
>

---

From: Deano! <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Feb 2002 14:03:20 -0800

> address supplier is giving them worthless information. Hopefully it'll stop.
Why not just prohibit non-list members from posting to the list?

-deano

---

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:22:46 -0800

> Why not just prohibit non-list members from posting to the list?

Because it's a pain if one doesn't have access to the proper email account
when one wants to post. ("One one one one...") I end up doing this
accidentally all the time... :-)

Besides, it just happened once, and I think I've easily resolved it, so no
reason to cramp anyone's style.

Steve

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:15:42 -0500

Speaking of pains, is there someone who wants to run the netatalk-admins 
mailing list.  University of Michigan is less and less interested in doing 
so.  [email-masked] can point there, and netatalk.org can be 
MXed there.

:wes

BTW, I pointed netatalk.org to netatalk.sourceforge.net.

---

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:17:24 -0800

We might as well just set up a netatalk-admins list on sourceforge.net and
do it from there, no?

Steve

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:15:42 -0500
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [email-masked]
> Resent-Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:17:18 -0500 (EST)
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:13:37 -0500

That would be great.  Who would set that up?  I'd also think it was really 
super if the only mention of [email-masked] was in the COPYRIGHT file, 
not in, e.g. the BUGS file.

:wes

On 2/20/02 5:17 PM -0800 [email-masked] wrote:

>> mailing list.  University of Michigan is less and less interested in
>> doing so.  [email-masked] can point there, and netatalk.org
>> can be MXed there.
>>
>> :wes
>>

---

From: Sebastian Rittau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:55:06 +0100

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 10:13:37PM -0500, [email-masked] wrote:

[Moving netatalk-admins to SourceForge.]

> That would be great.  Who would set that up?

Jeff, Andrew? Could anyone of you set-up a mailing list called
"netatalk-admins" on SourceForge? You would probably need to
mass-subscribe all current users of netatalk-admins as well.

> I'd also think it was really 

I've removed the BUGS file from CVS since it doesn't seem relevant
anymore. I've also removed the (physical) UMich address from
contrib/timelord/README and will fix the FAQ (if that's okay for you).

 - Sebastian

---

From: Matthew Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Feb 2002 10:36:14 -0500

If I can be e-mailed a dump of all netatalk-admin users, I'll set that
list up.

-- 

Matthew Keller
Enterprise System Analyst
Computing & Technology Services
Information Services Division
State University of NY at Potsdam
Potsdam, NY USA

http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/

---

From: Matthew Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Feb 2002 11:12:33 -0500

I've got the current subscriber list, and
[email-masked] has been queued for creation. I'll
let this list know what everything is setup over there.
-- 

Matthew Keller