Subject: Problems with netatalk in a Progeny debian install

From: Michelle Murrain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:49:48 -0400

Hi Folks,

I've been using netatalk for quite some time now, and just installed 
Progeny debian (1.0) on box I'd had debian woody on. I used the 
debian package to install netatalk, and got the following error:

"Address family not supported by protocol"

I've never come across this issue before with netatalk, and I've 
installed it both from source and from a debian package. This 
netatalk package actually comes from debian potato, not progeny.

I did a bit of searching on the net for this issue, and only found 
this question, but no answers.

I'm wondering if this is a kernel issue - I'm running kernel 2.2.18 
(yes, I'll be upgrading the kernel very soon on this box).

Thanks!

Michelle
--

---

From: jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:14:15 -0400

> (yes, I'll be upgrading the kernel very soon on this box).

I think it might be because appletalk support isn't compiled into the
kernel. Use -noddp as an option in afpd.conf to disable appletalk
support and run via TCP/IP, if you want to go that way.

Jeff

---

From: Michelle Murrain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:45:05 -0400

>support and run via TCP/IP, if you want to go that way.

Hmmmm, well, I still get the same error message, but now it seems to work.

Thanks.

Michelle
--