Subject: atalkd problems

From: Kristin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 00:33:00 -0700

I installed and configured the Netatalk package onto a Pentium class
system running the latest stable release of Debian. When I attemp to
start the atalkd deamon I received the following error messages:

socket: Invalid argument
socket: Invalid argument
atalkd: can't get interfaces, exiting.

I have edited the /etc/netatalk/atalkd.conf file and have inserted
"eth1" as the interface for the atalk deamon to reside on. I can
successfully run the apdf server and the papd server with no problems at
all. How can I solve my problem?

Stef

---

From: jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 15:33:12 -0500

> all. How can I solve my problem?

use:
modprobe appletalk
modprobe ipddp

to install the kernel modules that support Appletalk and AppleshareIP,
respectively.

jeff