Subject: MacOSX 10.1 vs netatalk1.4b2

From: Bruno LEDOUX <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:29:13 +0200

Hi ,

I am having a problem since I updated my Mac from OSX 10.04 to OSX10.1 while
trying to access a linux file server running RH5.1/Netatalk 1.4b2:

With 10.04 Network browsing didn't work so I had to type the adress manually
but in the end I could connect to the linux box and access any of the shared
volumes.
With 10.1 network browsing is working but the connection is always refused
with the following error message : "The server your are trying to connect to
uses a incompatible version of afp protocol".

Any help appreciated,

bruno

---

From: Karen A Swanberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:48:14 -0500 (CDT)

Do you have any machines you can test new version of netatalk on? OS X
support is still in the works, it might be worth it to try the newest CVS
(snapshots of which can be downloaded at: 
ftp://ftp.marcuscom.com/pub/netatalk/nightly). The CVS versions are still
beta, though.

-Karen

> uses a incompatible version of afp protocol".

-                                                                  -
    Karen Swanberg | Sys Admin | Dept. of Geology and Geophysics    
206 Pillsbury Hall | 310 Pillsbury Ave. SE | University of Minnesota
     Minneapolis, MN 55455  (612) 624-6541  (612) 625-3819 (f)

              * <---- Tribble   . <--- Tribble.tgz