Subject: Share points no longer being shared?

From: Claire van Heyningen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:39:09 +1100

Hi,

We're running Mandrake Linux 7.2 with netatalk-1.4.99-0.20001108mdk.  We
have a main share point, divided into specific directories for the different
clients and departments within our company.  Everything has been running
smoothly for 6 months or so now, in that all the share points are visible
and accessible to those that they should be, but all of a sudden, one of the
share points can no longer be seen in the Chooser.  It's still there when I
look on the actual server, and the permissions haven't changed ... I have no
idea what's going on?  I've tried creating new share points as tests, and
they can't be seen either?

I've downloaded and installed the latest Webmin to see if I could get a
clearer view through a graphical interface, but there's no Netatalk module,
and then when I went to install that module, it's not supported by Mandrake
7.2.

It's becoming much more complicated than it needs to be ... I'm sure there's
a simple solution that I've missed somewhere along the way.  I'm pretty new
to the whole Linux landscape ... I hope one of you guru's can shed some
light on it for me ... ;-p

Muchly appreciated.

-- 

Claire van Heyningen
Network Services   
Lavender*

http://www.lavender.ad/

Ph:  (02) 8224 3135
Fax:  (02) 9232 4911