Subject: Zone names with spaces

From: Greg Trounson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 13:43:06 +1300

Greetings,

We are trying to set up a series of print servers that will service
(among other protocols) Appletalk.  The problem is that we are in a zone
called Mathstat DN (notice the space character).

We have not been able to find a way to tell netatalk the name of our
zone.  Simply having the text Mathstat DN in the configuration file
doesn't work, and including it in "quote marks" also doesn't work.
Is there a proper way to configure netatalk to recognise zone names that
include spaces?  Unfortunately we cannot simply change our zone name as
we are part of a much larger institution.

thank you,
Greg

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------
 Greg Trounson                          Programmer / Analyst
 Dept. of Maths and Stats,              Otago University
 PO. Box 56, Dunedin                    tel:64-3-4797739
 New Zealand
------------------=[ [email-masked] ]=---------------

---

From: Greg Trounson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 16:51:55 +1300

I discovered what the problem was.

Since we are using old PCs as print servers, we had Red Hat 5.2
installed on them, with a version of Netatalk that does not include the
@${ATALK_ZONE} directives in the /etc/rc.d/init.d/atalk [start] section.
So it wasn't the fact that there were spaces in the zone names after
all.

All I did was manually insert the zone information onto the end of the
register scripts, and away it went!

thank you,
Greg