Subject: Problem with MacAdminstrator

From: Gene Hurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 20:47:15 -0600

I am having a very odd problem using either MacAdministrator or Macintosh 
Administrator.  If I connect to my Netatalk server using the chooser, 
everything is fine, but if I try to authenticate through Macintosh 
Adminstrator, my normal user management interface, it doesn't even try to 
contact the Linux box, as far as I can tell.  Very odd... has anyone else had 
experience with the Macintosh Adminstrator or MacAdministrator?

Gene Hurst

---

From: Alistair Riddell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 20:44:09 +0000 (GMT)

> experience with the Macintosh Adminstrator or MacAdministrator?

Works absolutely perfectly for me... We have a network of 600 machines
running MacAdmin, 400 of them netbooting, all using netatalk servers....

Make sure you have MacAdmin set to use ClearText authentication as that
is one less thing to go wrong.

Also, check whether you are connecting by TCP-IP or AppleTalk when you
connect through the Chooser, and check what MacAdmin is trying to do.

-- 
Alistair Riddell - BOFH
IT Manager, George Watson's College, Edinburgh
Tel: +44 131 446 6070    Fax: +44 131 452 8594
Microsoft - because god hates us