Subject: symlink cycles

From: Norman Paterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:25:23 +0100

My Linux filesystem has cycles created by symbolic links.  When I run Virex
to scan the files, it gets stuck in a loop.

Is there any easy way for me to detect these cycles before Virex does?  Or
do I have to write a script myself?

Using netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-7, Linux 2.2.14-5.0, Virex 5.9.1.

--
Norman Paterson, University of St Andrews
http://www.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~norman/

---

From: Peter Risdon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 15:11:27 +0100

I have got the impression from some messages here that it is possible to push print jobs from a netatalk server across a network to
a Mac that has a printer attached and shared. If this is so, can anyone steer me to some documentation? I have tried rtfm'ing but
couldn't see any reference to this.

Specifically, I'd like to be able to pipe output from Ghostscript to something that achieved this. I could do this via an
appropriate printcap entry if I knew how to write one. Or via some other process.

Thanks,

Peter Risdon.

---

From: [email-masked] (Anatol Ulrich)
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 08:27:25 +0200

Hi Peter,

>appropriate printcap entry if I knew how to write one. Or via some other process.
use the program "pap" supplied with the netatalk suite.

-anatol ulrich