Subject: User Authentication Question...

From: Shaun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:31:59 -0800 (PST)

I have install netatalk on a imac running LinuxPPCQ4 2000. I am having trouble finding where the
problems in my configuration files are. The error message goes as follows:

User Authentitcation method recquired by server cannot be found, check the Appleshare folder in
Extensions folder

Any Suggestions??

Shaun Newcomer
[email-masked]

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions for all of
your unique holiday gifts! Buy at http://shopping.yahoo.com
or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

---

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:03:40 -0800

> User Authentitcation method recquired by server cannot be found, check the

Well, it sounds like your AppleShare Client is out of date. So install the
latest one available for your version of Mac OS. Otherwise, you'll probably
find the config files in /etc/atalk or /etc/netatalk, depending on the
version of Netatalk you've installed.

If in doubt, make sure your locate database is up-to-date (as root, enter
"/etc/cron.daily/slocate"), and then type "locate afpd.conf".

Steve