Subject: printing from qxpress from appleshare

From: Dejan Muhamedagic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 23:36:28 +0200

Hello,

If the client runs MacOS 9.1 or 9.2.1 on G4 and QXpress 4.11 and
a document is opened from a netatalk server (2.1.4-39 with
flock-locks and lastdid enabled) and a user tries to print it the
Mac crashes.  The printer is a separate rendering machine driven
by an NT box, if that makes any difference.  If the document is
opened from the local disk everything is fine as well as in case
of MacOS 8.6 and 9.0.4 (on G3).  Also, the Mac does not crash in
case of a rather small document (say <1MB).  Printing from e.g.
Freehand works in any case, so it's definitely tied to the
QXpress.  Saving files works fine, but printing unmistakably makes
the Mac crash.  BTW, my Apple users prefer 9.1 or 9.2.1 to 9.0.4
because the latter is quite instable as they put it.

This looks like a rather odd problem and I have no idea how should
one tackle it.  Anybody?

Many TIA.

Dejan

-- 
Dejan Muhamedagic         mailto:[email-masked]

P.S.  I've been out of Appletalk business lately and it's nice to
see the netatalk sourceforge project running.  I tried to compile
the latest 1.5-pre7, but this SuSE 6.3 with db 2.4.14 wouldn't do.
Can anybody enlighten me on the CNID/DB3 development?  Does it
finally solve the DID problem?

---

From: Gjermund G Thorsen <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 Oct 2001 10:55:09 +0200

Works fine with me, but at my place the destination printer is a printerspooler on the same node as netatalk is run.
-- 
Yours Sincerely,

Gjermund Gusland Thorsen

"I’m just sitting here listening to the scream of the butterfly"