Subject: start script

From: Paramjit Cheema <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 12:48:23 +1300

i have just installed netatalk netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on red hat 7.1 .
When i tried to run /rc.atalk.redhat start   i got the followin error

starting appletalk daemons: 5280.221: attribute not found.
 atalkdnbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
Can't register griffin:Workstation@*
nbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
Can't register griffin:netatalk@*
 nbprgstr papd.

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

bobby

---

From: Carsten Neumann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 06:38:48 +0100

> When i tried to run /rc.atalk.redhat start   i got the followin error

I would recommend NOT to place your starup script in your root directory
but somewhere in /sbin/init.d, /etc/rc.d, or whereever your start/shutdown scripts are
located!

> Can't register griffin:netatalk@*

Is appletalk compiled into your kernel or as a module?
How does your atalkd.conf file look?
Are the DDP ports in your /etc/services?

> any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

	Carsten

---

From: "Marc J. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:05:50 -0800

Ummm... unless you substituted the zone name for a * below, it looks like 
you haven't specified an Appletalk zone.  Either that or you don't have 
Appletalk support being loaded in your kernel / kernel modules.  If the 
latter is the case, your /var/log/messages file may specify that it 
couldn't find a module, given by its numerical designation only (should be 
aliased to atalk).