Subject: Server folder view refresh rate

From: Rory Campbell-Lange <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 18:37:54 +0000

We are running a set of tests comparing netatalk 1.5pre6 (Debian) and
Helios Ethershare. I'm keen that the office uses netatalk if it can be
made to work.

We had the latest debs recompiled for us by an expert from VALinux (we
paid for his time). Let me know if anyone is interested in these - we
had uam errors with Sebastian's debs (we are running a debian stable
tree). Thanks for everyone's help getting netatalk up and running.

1) It appears that aliases of folders on the servers copied to a desktop
DO open the correct folder on the server even after unmounting the
server. Is this correct? I expected a problem from reports in this
forum.

2) In comparison to Ethershare, which updates the contents of a folder
window soon after someone updating the contents of the folder, we have
found that we have to close and reopen the window for the contents to
update. The failure of netatalk to refresh the contents of the window is
a real problem for us. Is there any way around it?

Thanks for any comments and suggestions.

Rory