Subject: Re: I can see zones but not shares

From: Ed Maple <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:22:40 -0700 (MST)

Thanks Jeff. Afraid it doesn't solve my problem though. I'm trying to use
netatalk strictly for routing on my router (which will also server as a 
firewall eventually); there aren't any shares on the netatalk box itself. My
problem is that when I start up chooser on my mac behind the router, I can see
the list of zones, but I can't see any of the services/shares in those zones
except in my own local zone. I suspect that the information that gets broadcast
containing that information doesn't get routed either through my netatalk router
or through the router just upstream from my router.

Ed Maple

> 
> I've had this problem on my SuSE box. I found that when both afpd and
> atalkd are running is the only time my share appears on the chooser. 
> When afpd isn't running, I can still reach the atalk server through IP.
> 
> Jeff
> 
> Ed Maple wrote:
> > 
> > Greetings all. Running netatalk on a Sun/Solaris 8 system which is serving as a
> > router. From my Mac sitting behind this router I can see the list of zones in my
> > chooser, but no printers or shares in those zones except in my local zone. On
> > the other hand, I can run ndplkup on the router and pull up a list of
> > workstations in another zone. Any idea why I can't see those in my chooser?
> > 
> > sys config:
> > * Solaris 8, core install only.
> > * Running netatalk
> > * Not running afpd or papd, only atalkd.
> > * External interface gets appletalk network info off of the existing appletalk
> >   network.
> > * Internal interface configured with -seed.
> > 
> > Thanks for your help.
> > 
> > Ed Maple
>