Subject: OPI

From: [email-masked] (Lee Blevins)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:20:26 -0400

I'm ready to pitch in my remedial c programing talents to start the ball
rolling on OPI.

I suggest the following to make this easy:

1. Standalone code that is not incorporated into Netatalk yet. 
   We just get the basics of scanning a postscript file for OPI 
   comments and blending the image into a final postscript file.

2. Limted file format support at first.
   I'm suggesting EPS, TIFF and Scitex CT as the only files 
   supported at first. File format support should be modular in the 
   code so others can be added later without completely rewriting.

3. Composite support only.
   To simplify this project I suggest it be limited to composite
   postscrip only at first. Making separations is complex and most rips
   these days are headed towards inrip seps. 

I must stress that my c is a bit rusty and remedial might be stretching
the truth ever so slightly. 

Anybody interested?

---

From: Magnus Stenman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 04:39:28 +0200

IIRC, there has been talk about this earlier on the list
I'd suggest to check the archives before duplicating efforts.

Other than that; good luck! It would be nice to get even more reasons
to chuck in *nix boxes in them Mac+M$ shops.... :)

/magnus

> I'm ready to pitch in my remedial c programing talents to start the ball
...

---

From: "Frank Morton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 18:30:39 -0500

Do you know about these already existing tools? Anyone
else on the list using this OPI?

http://opi3.ebios.de/

Frank Morton
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Lee Blevins)
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 06:00:45 -0400

> else on the list using this OPI?

Thanks, I didn't know about that.

I dl'd the source and will check it out.