Subject: TheVolumeSettingsFolder, TheFindByContentFolder

From: Ralph de Rijke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 16:39:05 +0200

Hi guys,

First, thanks to everyone who ever worked on netatalk - we couldn't live
without it here! We're using netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-6.i386 to give our
Mac designers access to Linux (Mandrake 7.2) fileservers, and it all
works like a dream. 

Could someone please enlighten me on TheVolumeSettingsFolder and
TheFindByContentFolder (which I don't want the clients to see)? For
instance...
- What are they for?
- When are they made? 
- When are they visible to Mac clients and when invisible?

Thanks,

Ralph
-- 
Ralph de Rijke, Linux System Administrator
Mediamatic IP, Prins Hendrikkade 192, Amsterdam
Postbus 17490, 1001 JL Amsterdam / www.mediamatic.nl

"The world is now too dangerous for anything less than Utopia." 
R. Buckminster Fuller