Subject: Power Tools Version

From: "Daniel E. Lautenschleger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:24:56 -0600 (CST)

Funny thing...

I have not been able to get Pre4 or 5 working correctly on my RH7 box.
Weird stuff going on with file perms.

I was perusing the Red Hat Power Tools CD to be released with the next
version of Red Hat of of a mirror site and saw they were packaging a
version of Netatalk called 1.5pre2-4.

The darn thing works like a charm with respect to SUID, encrypted
passwords, and when I deleted a file that I copied from a Mac the resource
"copy" also went away.

Is this just a previous release of Beta 1.5 that worked rather well with
Red Hat?

Thoughts?

---

From: Marc Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:14:23 -0800 (PST)

1.5pre2 (the -4 part must be indicative of the RPM version) is not release
quality.  I use something close to pre3 and have been fairly happy with
it, but pre5 is now out on
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/netatalk.  I'd recommend either 3 or
5.  pre4 is pretty good but it seems to have introduced some new bugs.

> Is this just a previous release of Beta 1.5 that worked rather well with

============================================================
	/\/\arc ._|. /\/\iller ([email-masked])
	Computer Room Consultant
	Information Technology/Lab Management
============================================================
I can be contacted through the Communication Center link from
http://www.mother.com/~mjmiller/