Subject: trash folder

From: "Keen srl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:36:01 +0200

hi, 
where i can find the content of the trsh folder on the linux server?

what i mean is about this: all my mac clients have on trash folder the same things (a couple of file) and they can't empty it because the system says that " the file are in use". of course no one use this file i remember that i read on this list a problem about network trash folder on netatalk server.
so first of all i would like to go to the server and try to cancel these files by hand and then, if possible, solve the problem.

any idea?

TIA Renato Pontefice

---

From: "Chris Herrmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:31:37 +1000

Hi Renato,

You haven't given any information about your configuration, but if the
following is true, then your network trash won't work.

and kernel = 2.4.xx

and filesystem = ext2fs

There are mixed reports of success by people using reiserfs. My mileage has
been that both byte range & file locking do not work with the above details
(as far as trash is concerned), despite what others might say.

If you're using a 2.2 kernel then file locking won't work properly (read
won't lock).

Of course, all of this is assuming you're using linux.

-----Original Message-----
From: Keen srl [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, 28 August 2001 18:36
To: [email-masked]
Subject: trash folder

hi,

what i mean is about this: all my mac clients have on trash folder the same
things (a couple of file) and they can't empty it because the system says
that " the file are in use". of course no one use this file i remember that
i read on this list a problem about network trash folder on netatalk server.
so first of all i would like to go to the server and try to cancel these
files by hand and then, if possible, solve the problem.

any idea?

TIA Renato Pontefice