Subject: Permissions?

From: "Black, Nathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:52:01 -0600

Hello,

Configured Netatalk on Redhat 7.2
The Macs see the box but complain about permissions
the user is macuser with no password in /etc/passwd
the shares are full drwxrwxrwx

How do I get Netatalk to log something so that I can see what is preventing
the connection?
What account or permissions is it looking for?
If I compile it with PAM support, does that require that I use PAMs for
authentication?

Nathan

---

From: Damien MATTEI <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:36:05 +0000

> If I compile it with PAM support, does that require that I use PAMs for
i just installed netatalk on redhat 7.2 this month netatalk isn't
shipped with 7.2 so i use gnorpm connect to redhat and download latest
available which is the one for redhat 7.1 i use standard file
configuration, my user have password i didn't try without,and it works
well.

give us more info :your /etc/atalk/afpd.conf ,redhat use
/etc/atalk/config 
and /etc/atalk/AppleVolumes.default for more help
but default files of redhat works at leat for users that share only
their home directory.

for the permission you don't need to put rwx on others sometimes putting
rws on the group help to share with other users in the group,do not try
to access
with root login as afpd refuse to go in superuser mode.

hope it helps!
-- 
MATTEI Damien					Phone: +33 (0)4 93 37 76 66
C.N.R.S / U.N.S.A				Fax:   +33 (0)4 93 53 30 71
UMR 6549 Instabilite & Alterations des Genomes	E-mail: [email-masked]
Faculte de Medecine - Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - France