Subject: Server disappearing and reappearing from the chooser

From: Bas van der Linden <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 11:52:48 +0200

Hi all,

I've got a RH 6.2 box here, with netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4-0.i386.rpm
installed.

All is working fine, except for one thing.

On the chooser on the mac, sometimes the server does show up, sometimes
it doesn't. And I cannot figure out why. Restarting the service doesn't
really help, it keeps on disappearing and reappearing.

I can still connect by entering the IP-adress, so that works.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before? I've searched but couldn't find
anything on it...

This is my afpd.conf:
-----
# We are defining 2 servers here, one permits access to the general share, 
# one permits access to the 'sys' share.
# The standard server should permit access to the general share.

- -nocrlf -guest -nocleartext

# The next server should permit to the 'sys' share

"SYS Server" -port 12000 -loginmesg "Deze share is alleen voor toegang tot de 'sys' share!" -defaultvol /etc/atalk/sys-server/AppleVolumes.default -systemvol /etc/atalk/sys-server/AppleVolumes.system -nocrlf -guest -nocleartext
-----

And this is my atalkd.conf:
-----
eth0 -phase 2 -net 0-65534 -addr 65280.1
-----

Thanks in advance!

Bas van der Linden

-- 
B.J.J. van der Linden            Amaze Internet Services V.O.F.
Brouwersgracht 132               Tel:   020-4688336
1013 HA Amsterdam                Fax:   020-4688337
Email: [email-masked]              Web:   http://www.amaze.nl/