Subject: Connect Mac OS X problem

From: Di Tim Tien Nu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:34:06 +0700

Hi all,

I have just installed netatalk-1.5pre8. The compiler is OK so i can run 
atalkd, afpd and papd. Mac use OS X 10.1, the macintosh can see my linux 
server name in "AppleShare" but when i  connect the connection refused 
and post a warning "The AppleShare server you are trying to connect to 
appear not to support the IP protocol required by MAC OS X. Check with 
server' administrator to see if a "Server IP Address" is available". I 
used RH7.2 with kernel 2.4.7-10. I have some questions :
1. How to know the kernel support appletalk protocol ?
-Although I used lsmod command and i saw "appletalk" module
-I used telnet command "telnet my_IP_adderss 548" but i can't, it showed 
"telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refuse"
-in my atalkd.conf file, i saw "eth0 -phase 2 -net 0 -65534 -addr 
65280.164 "
2. What need I configure the atalkd.conf and afpd.conf for File Server 
Share ?

Regards
Tony