Subject: error -50 lost of directory content

From: Jürgen Weltzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:46:23 +0200

hi,

I'm working with 1.4.pre 39 since a few months without problems. now 
something strange occured:

Copying a folder Y from a Mac (OS 9) to the server All/dirA/dir1/ I 
got error -50 "could not write file x (located in Y)"
I tried it again: message: folder Y does already exist - would you replace it.

I said "Yes" (I'll do it never again!!!!)

Because: Suddenly I got the message "can't delete folder All/dirB 
because its in use"
I stopped and looked into All/dirA/dir1 - and it was empty!! 
exception "Temporary Items"

I asked my desingers (working with OS 8.6) if they ever had an error 
while copying files. The answer "no".

Is it a problem with netatalk and OS 9?

Is there a fix?

O god, I hope my backup was working fine, cause the lost of a whole 
days work isn't really funny.
-- 
Viele Grüße
Jürgen Weltzer

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Werbeagentur Weltzer
Max-Eyth-Straße 8
71065 Sindelfingen
Tel. +49 (0) 70.31.81.32.31
Fax +49 (0) 70.31.81.16.01
http://www.w-ww.de/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Windows95/98/NT: 32 bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16 bit
patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit
microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of
competition