Subject: RE: Illustrator EPS files

From: Tom Barrons <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:10:11 -0500

Dan, Actually I don't think my trials indicate the problem is netatalk, it
might be Illustrator that has the problem.  As Alan suggested Adobe may have
mad a change in version 9 that is the culprit.  Since I don't own Apple's
AppleShare IP Server, I can't test it to verify either case.

I'm going to post my findings to Adobe and then keep an eye on their site to
see if they patch it cause I too would like this art department to us the
faster connection.  Which technically they can do by saving the file to
their local workstations and then copying it over the network to the server
(which I'd rather they did anyhow).

Though If it can be proven to be a netatalk issue it probably should be
added as a future feature to relieve frustration for network admins, because
as I can attest to it's hard to break the old bad habbits of an entire art
department.

> From: "Daniel E. Lautenschleger" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:54:15 -0600 (CST)
> To: Tom Barrons <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: Illustrator EPS files
> 
> I would add this (ability to save EPS files via AppleShareIP) to the
> future feature list as using AppleShare IP is much faster than AppleShare
> itself.
> 
> Thanks for the info!
> 
> -Dan
>

---

From: "Bruce A. Burdick, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:32:52 -0600

Mac OS 9.1 can share via TCP/IP. That may help your testing.

-B...

> From: Tom Barrons <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:10:11 -0500
> To: netatalk <[email-masked]>
> Subject: RE: Illustrator EPS files
> Resent-From: [email-masked]
> Resent-Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:19:38 -0500 (EST)
>

---

From: Tom Barrons <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:20:10 -0500

Just an FYI.  I just spoke to a system administrator who does use AppleShare
IP Server.  He's using version 6.03 of that and he has about 6 artists in
their department using Illustrator 9.02 in regular production and they have
not experienced this problem.  Still don't have conclusive evidence that
it's an isssue in Illustator or netatalk.