Subject: MacOS9, copying folders to server problem

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 17:11:25 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

After I tried a lot of permission settings, I found that there seam to be
different behaviours on different MacOS9-clients. The problem was that I can't
copy a folder containing files to a netatalk+asun-pre37-server (I get the
message that files are "geschuetzt" (German, something like secured). The user
has group and owner-permissions. The problem appeared on a UmaxPulsar. Next, I
tried the same on a G4 (MacOS9 in both cases) - no errors....

Where should I search the difference causing these errors? I'm not a
Mac-Pro, I just found that both Macs have the same OS...

Is this error known?

CU, Lars.

www.rechnerpool.com

-- 
Sent through GMX FreeMail - http://www.gmx.net

---

From: Jürgen Weltzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:05:59 +0100

I work with ...pre 39.
A G3 Laptop with OS 9 has the same problems (sometimes I couldn't 
save a file to the server "file not found"...) with other Macs (other 
OS) all is working fine. It sees to be a problem with OS 9.
-- 
Viele Grüße
Jürgen Weltzer

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Werbeagentur Weltzer
Max-Eyth-Straße 8
71065 Sindelfingen
Tel. +49 (0) 70.31.81.32.31
Fax +49 (0) 70.31.81.16.01
http://www.w-ww.de/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Windows95/98/NT: 32 bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16 bit
patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit
microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of
competition