Subject: log messages

From: Danny Sauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 09:32:59 -0500

Hey, I've noticed that my logs fill up pretty quickly with messages
that look like this:

May  3 10:35:08 newwww afpd[8664]: begin getfilparams:
May  3 10:35:08 newwww afpd[8664]: end getfilparams:

Is there a command line switch or config file directive that can disable
those messages at run-time, or is that something that has to be disabled
at compile-time?

Thanks.
--
Danny Sauer
Systems Administrator
Teleologic Learning Company

---

From: Mac Conin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 16:33:09 +0200

what version?

-- 
--schnipp-- 

mit freundlichen grüssen

-----------------------------------------------------------
Mac Conin                        EUC Online Service GmbH
Geschäftsführer                  Taubengasse 9
[email-masked]                    D 50676 Koeln
http://www.euc.de                HRB Köln 32038
tel : +49-221-923 27 33          fax : +49-221-239 651
-----------------------------------------------------------
EUC sponsort Clean up Cologne - eine Iniative der IHK Köln,
der Abfallwirtschaftsbetriebe Köln (AWB) und dem
Grünflächenamt der Stadt Köln. http://www.clean-up-cologne.de

---

From: Danny Sauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 09:43:08 -0500

The one bundled with SuSE 7.1.  This is the only version I see:

dsauer@newwww:~ > rpm -qv netatalk
netatalk-1.4.99-5

Is there a reasonable way to get the version out of one of the binaries?

Thanks.

---

From: Mac Conin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 16:49:00 +0200

yup - many.

you should migrate to the latest version which is 1.5pre6

-- 
--schnipp-- 

mit freundlichen grüssen