Subject: Disconnect from OSX (is this a known issue)?

From: Kyle Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:02:39 -0500

I'm running Netatalk 1.5.1.1 on Redhat Linux 7.2.  Previously we had the
1.5pre2 release (I think that's what Redhat is still shipping by default).
The problem I am having with both versions is that I can't maintain a mount
on my OSX 10.1.2 box.  I can select the server either via URL or the network
browser, and I get authenticated, but after I select the volume I want to
mount I immediately get a message saying:

  The fileserver <servername> has unexpectedly closed down.

Is there a configuration change that needs to be made, or does this just not
work.  I have feeling this has been asked before, but since there's no
searchable list archive I could find...  '-)

Thanks.

/kyle
---
Kyle Johnson                                     [email-masked]
Manager, Information Systems        http://www.studentaffairs.duke.edu
Duke University Student Affairs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If it's in stock, we've got it.

---

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:14:58 -0800

I believe OS X's AppleShare client currently has known bugs with some
fileservers, and we're out of luck until Apple fixes it. For more
information, you'll want to inquire on the netatalk-devel list that's
available from http://sf.net/projects/netatalk

Steve

> From: Kyle Johnson <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:02:39 -0500
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Disconnect from OSX (is this a known issue)?
> Resent-From: [email-masked]
> Resent-Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:04:31 -0500 (EST)
>

---

From: Damien MATTEI <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 12:27:34 +0100

> Duke University Student Affairs
i had the same problem using redhat 7.2 and netatalk1.5pre2 (which isn't
shipped with but can be download from redhat) and i am usin mac os 10.4
if put a -loginmsg in afpd.conf it connect but i can't copy files.
I'm now using netatalk1.5.1-1 and i can connect and copy files, i
experience disconnection after more than 1 hour idle.
-- 
Damien Mattei					Phone: +33 (0)4 93 37 76 66
C.N.R.S / U.N.S.A				Fax:   +33 (0)4 93 53 30 71
UMR 6549 Instabilite & Alterations des Genomes	E-mail: [email-masked]
Faculte de Medecine - Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - France