Subject: Mac OS X

From: Markus Sackmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:06:55 +0100

Hi

We can't get Mac OS X clients running with netatalk-1.5.2 on SuSE 7.3. 
All other Mac OSs don't have problems to connect. Here's the configure 
we used:

configure --with-did=last --with-flock-locks --enable-suse
--enable-timelord --with-ssl-dirs=/usr/local/ssl/

Did we miss an option?

Thanks for the help.

Markus Sackmann

---

From: Kyle Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:24:06 -0500

> All other Mac OSs don't have problems to connect. Here's the configure

While some folks aren't having any problem with OSX clients, a number of
folks are.  It appears in most cases where there is a problem with the OSX
client being able to select a volume but then getting a disconnect message
that adding -loginmesg "Your message here." to the afpd.conf resolves the
issue.

If you're having a different problem this solution may not resolve your
issue.

/kyle
---
Kyle Johnson                                     [email-masked]
Manager, Information Systems        http://www.studentaffairs.duke.edu
Duke University Student Affairs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
A little patience goes a long way; alot goes utterly nowhere.
-The Doctor