Subject: one step further

From: Mac Conin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 19:30:53 +0200

HEY!

after fiddling with everything here and there...

installing netatalk-1.5pre5 on suse distribution Kernel 2.2.16

I've copied the sources to the linux-server

then patched the ad_open.c file as mentioned before, then 

./configure --enable-suse --with-shadow --with-pam --with-flock-locks

resulting in a version, where only guest can log in, but having no problems
with file permissions.

Then I edited the /etc/pam.d/netatalk file to:
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so 
account    required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so 
#password   required    /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so
#password   required    /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow use_authtok
session    required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so

because I noticed that the requested files for authorisation are not
installed from the package.

After that, it seems to work :)

The .Applevolumes file for a client looks like:
/usr/local/files "test-Server"  allow:@users codepage:maccode.iso8859-1
options:usedots 

This is generating the appropriate umlauts as seen from the console of
the server.
So this should work also in conjunction with samba :) Wow I can kick now
the idea
of a Windump-Server into trash. What a relief.

One thing the messages reporting is:
...
Apr  7 18:21:06 linux afpd[28129]: main: atp_open: Cannot assign
requested address

.. (which one ??) ..

Apr  7 18:21:06 linux afpd[28129]: ASIP started on 192.168.0.99:548(0) (1.5pre5)
Apr  7 18:21:06 linux afpd[28129]: uam : Loading (/etc/atalk/uams/uams_guest.so)
Apr  7 18:21:06 linux afpd[28129]: uam: uams_guest.so loaded
Apr  7 18:21:06 linux afpd[28129]: uam : Loading (/etc/atalk/uams/uams_clrtxt.so
Apr  7 18:21:06 linux afpd[28129]: uam: uams_clrtxt.so loaded
Apr  7 18:21:06 linux afpd[28129]: uam : Loading (/etc/atalk/uams/uams_dhx.so)
Apr  7 18:21:06 linux afpd[28129]: uam: uam not found (status=-1)

... (seems that this file is missing in the package?)

Apr  7 18:21:06 linux afpd[28129]: uam: "Cleartxt Passwrd" available
Apr  7 18:21:06 linux afpd[28129]: uam: "No User Authent" available

I will now do a little testing.. jubel

-- 
--schnipp-- 

-----------------------------------------------------------
Mac Conin                        EUC Online Service GmbH
                                 Taubengasse 9
[email-masked]                    D 50676 Koeln
http://www.euc.de                
tel : +49-221-923 27 33          fax : +49-221-239 651
-----------------------------------------------------------