Subject: netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.3 and MS issues

From: Jack Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 09:16:14 -0700

I'm running netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on Debian 2.2 (potato) and I'm
having an interesting problem with netatalk and Word/PowerPoint.

Inserting certain types of digital images into a document --- new or
existing --- causes the file not to save and the server to disconnect.
 It's definitely repeatable, and it's gotten to the point that we can
predict which files will and won't save.

The clients are running Mac OS 9.0.4, AppleShare 3.8.6, OpenTransport
2.6.1 and Office 98 with the latest patches.  I have not tried other
versions of any of the above.

Interestingly, the files save OK to a local volume and to an NT share,
though probably not as quickly as one might expect (but not eternally
slow, either).  The original images also save to any volume just fine,
as do the original documents.

I know netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.3 has some issues, but this is one I
hadn't heard of (or seen) before.

If you would like some test documents, feel free to contact me.  I
would love to know whether the same symptoms exist under 1.5pre6, and,
if this problem is a known one, any background information on it.

Thanks,

-Jack Johnson

---

From: jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 12:27:01 -0400

> if this problem is a known one, any background information on it.

I don't believe that those problems exist under 1.5pre6.

Jeff