Subject: netatalk printing problems via samba

From: STK <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 01:09:08 +0100

hi all
i'm new in netatalk and need some help.

i've a linux server (redhat6.2) with samba, with some win9x client, few
macos and a laserwriter printer. i've success configuring samba with
win9x and macos by dave client (v2.x). the problem is to share the
laserwriter trough all the net.

i've installed the netatalk-1.5pre rpm (i've tried also with 1.4-asun)
and follow the instruction of www.andersen.com guide for impatient and
the appleprint-howt to configure the printer.

all seems to work but:

from the macos chooser i cant see anything: the appleshare and
laserwriter icons show nothing: i mean i need to serch the server trough
ip number.

if i type getzones i get nothing, but with nbplkup i get the list of the
machines. also aecho works.

i've modified the /etc/printcap using different filters: i can see the
printer in win network, but the printer is paused and don't print
anything. from the macos client i can't print because an error #810, if
i remember right.

modifing the papd.conf i get a new printer in nbplkup but i cant see it
in the chooser tab.

i 've success in printing from the linux box

someone can help me, please????

bye