Subject: Mounting disk images

From: Wolf Drechsel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 14:05:55 +0100

Hello friends out there,

I came across the following problem:

I wanted to create several diskimages using either "ShrinkWrap" or 
"DiskCopy". This workes fine on the local macintosh hard disk, and 
works well on a linux volume - but only, if its quite small volumes.

When I try to create an image with around 300 MB of size, DiskCopy 
says "the disk is full" - allthough there is plenty of empty space 
(930 MB). The number of free blocks is sufficient, too. Creating the 
image on the local volume and then copying to the linux works fine - 
but takes quite extra time and effort.

Does creating a diskimage take enormous space to create gigantic temp 
invisibles on the target volume - or is there any trick to make 
diskimaging more easy? - I'm using OS 8.6.

Thanks a lot and Greetings

WD
-- 
************************************************************
# Gesellschaft für fahrgastorientierte Verkehrsplanung b.R.
# Köhnstr. 54   D-90478 Nürnberg
#
# Telephon: 0911/4 71 98 49
# Telefax: 0911/47 39 36
#
# [email-masked]
# www.verkehrsplanung.com
#************************************************************