Subject: error -1070 ??

From: "Flint Million (netatalk)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:07:11 -0500 (CDT)

Anyone know what specifically an Error -1070 means? We use an Apple script
to connect to our Netatalk server (for security reasons we have the
Chooser locked), but there are (random) times that the script fails
mounting with an Error -1070, which the error code database simply calls a
"parameter error." Anyone know what this means/what to do about
it? Usually a reboot solves the problem but not always. I haven't noticed
any significant patterns that show exactly what's causing the script to
stop working on a given system. BTW, the script is using the "mount
volume" command with an AFP URL. (it's using TCP/IP) And BTW: the chooser
still works even when the Apple script stops working.

I can post the script somewhere if anyone wants to see it, but all it
really does is ask the user for their username and password and then
construct the AFP URL and mount it, checking the result and reporting any
errors.

Netatalk is on a RH 7.0 server with 1.5pre3. I've also seen this happen on
pre6 and 1.4+asun2.1.4.

--Flint million