Subject: Trouble configuring netbsd mac68k Netatalk

From: jean-michel meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:08:32 +0200

Hello,

i use mac68k netbsd for a year now and i enjoy to have a unix box at home
for testing Apache perl cgi and mySQL.
I run NetBSD1.4.2 on a Quadra660AV 38 MoRam and 1 Go HD connected to my Lan
with a 10Bt hub, and 3 mac running macos8.6.
The kernel is a Generic installed from the macos installer.

Tired to telnet or ftp  beetwen a MacOS and a Unix box, i want to play
directly with a text file on the NetBSD, actually write with BBEdit a text
file residing on the NetBSD box. Is that possible ? I guess i do it every
days beetwen two Mac.

As long as it seem not to work (i did conpile the Netatalk source,
configure the *.conf file, read the online FAQ) properly, the server appear
in the MacOS chooser, but i can't connect to the folder.

the error i get is :  "afpd[221]  Can't register AFPD myserver:afpd@"
(modifing the setting change the error n° ->212 215 216 217 221 235 237).

So my questions are :

1/ can some nice soul correct the setting to share one folder.
I did set :
/etc/atalkd.conf :
mc0 -phase 2 -net 0-65554 -addr 45632.190
#i 'm going to install a second ethernet port on the machine

rc.atalk :
#commented all lines concerning printer sharing (uncomment them do not
solve the problems)

/usr/local/atalk/etc/AppleVolumes.system :
  folder -g mjm kak jmy
#etc...did change nothing else.

/usr/local/atalk/etc/.default :
#no change, i don't want to get any mac folder from NetBSD box.

/usr/local/atalk/etc/afpd.conf :
#as show in the netatalk faq
myserver -port 12000 -address 192.0.1.5

/path/to/folder/AppleVolumes :
#empty,  just the ~

So what is the mistake ? Any help  ?

MJM

-------------------------------------------------------
Jean-Michel MEYER - Journaliste - Photographe
F-13100 Aix-en-Provence
mailto://[email-masked] http://www.azur-press.com
-------------------------------------------------------