Subject: PAM Problems -- netatalk-1.5pre7

From: James Litwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:50:45 -0600

I am having problem getting PAM to work correctly with
"netatalk-1.5pre7". I have complied this version every way possible and
this is as close as I get to it working with PAM.

I am useing Mandrake 8.0

Error:

Aug 31 11:22:44 studentfile01 afpd[12044]: uams_dhx_pam.c :PAM:
PAM_Error: Authe
ntication failure -- No such file or directory

Any ideas?

Thanks
James

---

From: jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:17:41 -0400

James Litwin wrote:
> "netatalk-1.5pre7". I have complied this version every way possible 
> and this is as close as I get to it working with PAM.
> 
> I am useing Mandrake 8.0
> 
> Error:
> 

Check to see if /etc/pam.d/netatalk exists; the distribution might be 
mistakenly putting it in /etc/netatalk or /etc/atalk as netatalk.pamd

Thanks,
Jeff

---

From: James Litwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 13:21:00 -0600

Thanks for the first fixed problem ...... now I get these errors.....

Aug 31 13:16:04 studentfile01 afpd[13205]: dhx login: test_student
Aug 31 13:16:04 studentfile01 afpd[13205]: PAM unable to
dlopen(/lib/security/pam_unix.so)
Aug 31 13:16:04 studentfile01 afpd[13205]: PAM [dlerror:
/lib/security/pam_unix.so: undefined symbol: pam_get_item]
Aug 31 13:16:04 studentfile01 afpd[13205]: PAM adding faulty module:
/lib/security/pam_unix.so
Aug 31 13:16:04 studentfile01 afpd[13205]: uams_dhx_pam.c :PAM:
PAM_Error: Module is unknown -- Interrupted system call

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks Again
James