Subject: Error message + files disappearing

From: David <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:58:53 -0400

I've noticed folders disappearing recently on on the my netatalk 
servers.  I looked at /var/log/messages and found some errors like 
this:

Apr 11 10:44:01 macsupport afpd[771]: WARNING: DID conflict for 
'Nostalgia' and 'Eudora Folder'. Are these the same file?
Apr 11 10:44:32 macsupport last message repeated 5 times
Apr 11 10:44:57 macsupport last message repeated 6 times

Some of the behavior I noticed.  Somehow the 'Nostalgia' folder just 
showed up in place of 'Eudora folder'.  Meanwhile the folder is 
called 'Eudora Folder' in Unix... Eventually the folders disappeared 
and its "parent" folder went with it. Then other folders further up 
the hierarchy begin to disappear...this is bad.  I don't have any 
clue what a DID conflict is but it seems to be a huge problem.  Other 
folders that don't seem to have an associated DID conflict are going 
away as well.  Luckily this is a temporary storage location and not a 
production box with lots of users!

If anyone has some ideas I would love to here all about them.

Thanks,

David Shaub.

---

From: Matthew Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Apr 2001 11:57:38 -0400

What version of Netatalk?

-- 

Matthew Keller
Enterprise System Analyst
Computing & Technology Services
Information Services Division
State University of NY at Potsdam

http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/