Subject: Hide System Files / TCP/IP

From: Magnus Hofmueller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:19:45 +0100

Hi!

I´ve got two questions:

1) how can i hide folder/files like AppleDouble / NetworkTrashFolder
to my mac clients

2) how can i only accept connects over tcp/ip?

greetings,
	magnus

---

From: Ashok Aiyar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:49:55 -0600 (CST)

> 1) how can i hide folder/files like AppleDouble / NetworkTrashFolder

Should be hidden by default.  I don't have any specials settings
in afpd.conf or AppleVolumes.default, and these folders are invisible to
the Mac clients.

> 2) how can i only accept connects over tcp/ip?

Don't run atalkd, or in afpd.conf use the flags "-noddp -tcp".

Later,
Ashok
-- 
Ashok Aiyar, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor                    email: [email-masked]
Department of Microbiology-Immunology           office: (312) 503-2524
303 E. Chicago Avenue, WARD 4-123                  lab: (312) 503-2542
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611         fax: (312) 503-1339