Subject: netatalk 1.5 pre 7, quark error -54

From: "Marcin Kandybowicz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 00:52:19 +0200

Hi,
  So far I heve been using netatalk 1.42+asun  --- and everything works
fine. I decide to upgrade system softwere on server (to rh 7.1) and i also
install netatalk version 1.5pre7... I've got a lot of informations from
users that thay have error -54 (Iocked file ) when they open quark file,
make changes and try to save it. When I configure server to work over tcp
there were much more error with locked files. I cant understend why it
hapends sometimes.
  I chack the WWW for some info and I found that  saveing files without
preview may halp, but it doesn't. The most strange for me is when I open
file I can save if up to ten times and when i try one again I see error -54.
  Also I found the information that the problem was fixed in version 1.5pre3
for guess loging, but in my enviorament I have to dissable guest logging.

I've got one more question --- where is the bast place to get recent version
of netatalk sources ?

Thx, for any sugestions

mkandybo
------------------------------------------
Palm for mobile
Macintosh for productivity
Linux for development
Windows for solitaire