Subject: HP DeskJet 890C

From: Rick Bragg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 20:40:15 -0400

Hi,

I have a HP DeskJet 890C hooked up and running LPD great to my Linux PC.

I just can't seem to print to it using the Mac's on my network.

Does anybody know were I can get the PPD for this?? Adobe doesn't seem 
to have it and I have tried just about everything I can think of.

Please Help.

Thanks
Rick

---

From: "Mikkel C. Simonsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 02:45:57 +0100

> to have it and I have tried just about everything I can think of.

I assume the DeskJet is not a PostScript printer - and in that case I
don't think it will work.

If you setup a queue that passes the data through GhostScript, and make
that queue available to the Macs it should work fine. Just use a PPD
from a Colour LaserWriter.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen