Subject: netatalk

From: "Kathy Quinlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 15:04:54 +0800

Hi all I am running netatalk on a FreeBSD server 4.1.1

I have one mac on the network, it connects to the users home directory which
has a shared directory.

the Temp directory is a mount point for a windows drive.

The FreeBSD server's /usr dir has 15.6Mb free
The windows machine has 9Gb free

from the mac I can see the windows dir (as the Temp mount point) but it
shows the free space as 15.6Mb not the 9Gb.

I have tried making the mount point a (Temp) a sharity-light mount, and also
as a symbolic link to a root mount (the root mount again is sharity-light
mounted) but it still reports the size incorrectly.

if I do a df on the FreeBSD server, it shows the mount as having 9Gb free.

Any ideas ????

Regards

Kat.

---

From: Jason Quigley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 09:49:15 +0100

Hi Kathy!

You need to create an entry in AppleVolumes.default pointing directly into
/temp like this:

/temp "PC Drive"

Netatalk is picking up the volume size from the mount point.

Cheers,
Jason.

---

From: "Kathy Quinlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 04:53:55 +0800

THANK YOU Jason :o))) <WEG>

Now my Macs can save their not often used files to a central point (an PC
users can access too)

Now I can play with Printing :o)

Regards, Kat.