Subject: Incorrect password?

From: xris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 02:21:09 -0700

Greetings all..  New to the list...

Anyway, I recently lost my linux drive due to a machine upgrade, and when I
reinstalled netatalk (upgrading to the latest prerelease), I am for some
reason unable to log in.  everything SEEMS to be working fine, and I can
connect as guest (granted, there are no guest-accessible volumes), but
whenever I try to connect as an existing user, I get an "incorrect password"
error.  I'm pretty sure I got all of the compile options correct
(--with-shadow, etc), and have essentially the same config files as so what
should I do next?

For reference, my compile options:

./configure --disable-ddp --enable-lastdid --with-tcp-wrappers --with-shadow
            --with-uams-path=/etc/atalk/uams --sysconfdir=/etc/atalk

Thanks,

Chris

---

From: Frank Joerdens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:34:00 +0200

>             --with-uams-path=/etc/atalk/uams --sysconfdir=/etc/atalk

When I just tried this, I had the same problem but that was because I
didn't have the --with-shadow option enabled. What I also noticed, and
that may be your problem too, is that --sysconfdir=/etc/atalk doesn't
work, or at least it does not help to set the config dir. This was
accomplished by --with-config-dir=path.

Hope it helps,
Frank

---

From: xris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 02:54:17 -0700

> accomplished by --with-config-dir=path.

Nope, didn't seem to help.

Something's definitely weird, though, since afpd doesn't start by itself
(rc.atalk isn't loading at boot time)....   The compile config is definitely
a bit screwey, at least compared to the earlier versions that I used (I had
some trouble with pre3 on my old machine, but nothing like this).

---

From: Henning Jebsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 12:58:24 +0200

> some trouble with pre3 on my old machine, but nothing like this).

Hi,
What does /etc/var/log/messages say, when you are trying to logon ? UAM missing
?
So search for the file  uams_dhx_pam.so and copy it to your
/etc/atalk/uams/ directory.

There are some versions out, which don´t install this uam correctly.

Second chance: Go into afpd.conf and disable the DHX module, the client will
then
fall back to cleartext login.

To load netatalk, only /usr/sbin/afpd is needed. At clients site you have to
enter
the IP-name or IP-Adress of the server to connect. You will not see the server
at the chooser until you start atalkd.

Good luck

--
mailto: [email-masked]  (Henning Jebsen)
org:    Heinrich Bauer Verlag
phone:  +49-40-3019-5525