Subject: Netatalk / Split Horizon Routing

From: Barry Brimer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 16:07:10 -0600

Hello... does anyone know whether or not netatalk (particularly on 
Linux) has support for Split Horizon Routing .. and/or has anyone 
successfully used this?

Thanks..

Barry

---

From: "Heath Henderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 17:41:45 -0600

This question is actually something of a system nature.  I need to resize my
swap partition.  I cannot do it in RH 6.1 or 6.2 without the deleted space
being incorporated back into the extended partition of say the /home
parition.  I got it to work on RH 6.0 just fine.  What I want to know is how
can I go about resizing this partition without messing the system up
completely.  Can I resize it on the fly or do I need to unmount it and go?

Thanks to all in advance.

Heath

---

From: Matthew Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 14:06:10 -0500

> completely.  Can I resize it on the fly or do I need to unmount it and go?

	Use LVM in the new 2.4.0 kernel. It's wonderful.

-- 

 Matthew Keller
 WebMaster, Interim Network Manager & 
   Host Systems Analyst
 Computing & Technology Services
 Information Services Division
 State University of New York at Potsdam
 
 Website: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/
 PGP: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/crypto/

---

From: Thomas Schierle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 03:13:51 +0100

> Use LVM in the new 2.4.0 kernel. It's wonderful.

The manual to SuSE 7.0 (kernel already supporting LVM) just says, don't
enable LVM unless you know exactly what you are doing  ...

Can you point to some related good readings at the internet?

-- 
Thomas Schierle, Munich, Germany

PGP key [DSS/DH] 0xA23CDA1D available at various public key servers

---

From: Matthew Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 10:29:56 -0500

> enable LVM unless you know exactly what you are doing  ...

	SuSe 7.0 isn't running the 2.4.0 kernel, either.

> Can you point to some related good readings at the internet?

	There isn't anything good out there yet AFAIK. 2.4.0 just went gold
last week.

-- 

 Matthew Keller

---

From: Thomas Schierle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 01:26:35 +0100

> SuSe 7.0 isn't running the 2.4.0 kernel, either.

The kernel that comes with SuSE 7.0 is feature enriched -- a couple of
2.4.0 kernel features are ported back to kernel 2.2.16.

boot.msg contains a line "<6> LVM version 0.8e ..." for me.

> There isn't anything good out there yet AFAIK. 2.4.0 just went gold

Thanks, saves me from wasting my time with searches at Google.
Looks like I should wait for the kernel upgrade appear at SuSEs
web site and take a look at the accompanying docs first.