Subject: visible Network Trash Folder and files deleted immediately.

From: "Chris Garrigues" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:33:03 -0500

I'm not sure if this is because I just upgraded to 1.5pre8 or not, but my 
Network Trash Folder is visible and when I try to delete things, I get the 
"The item "xxx" will be deleted immediately" message.

The permissions on "Network Trash Folder are:

drwxrwsrwx   2 cwg      staff        1024 Oct 16 10:19 Network Trash Folder

This is with a client running 10.1.

I *thought* this was doing the right thing before.

Chris

-- 
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com
4314 Avenue C                   
Austin, TX  78751-3709		+1 512 374 0500

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html 

    The Greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the
      hijacking of morality by religion.  However valuable -- even
      necessary -- that may have been in enforcing good behavior on
      primitive peoples, their association is now counterproductive.
      Yet at the very moment when they should be decoupled,
      sanctimonious nitwits are calling for a return to morals based
      on superstition.
				--- Arthur C. Clarke

---

From: Leland Wallace <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:49:04 -0700

The Finder trash behavior in Mac OS X does not currently work with afp 
volumes.
We are working on fixing it.

Leland Wallace
AppleShare Client Lead
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leland Wallace           Working in            AppleShare Engineering
[email-masked]    but not speaking for      Apple Computer Inc.
http://www2.inow.com/~randall
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Chris Garrigues" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:27:47 -0500

> From:  Leland Wallace <[email-masked]>
> Date:  Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:49:04 -0700
>
> The Finder trash behavior in Mac OS X does not currently work with afp volumes.

Is there a list available of known problems which y'all are working on?

I ask because it seems to me that my classic mode applications can't see my 
netatalk server either.

How would one become a beta tester for these bug fixes when they get to that 
stage?

Chris

P.S.  I appreciate your response to my earlier issue.  Somehow I can't imagine 
asking about a problem on the samba list and having someone from Microsoft 
reply that it's a bug in XP and they're working on it.