Subject: Share name not working anymore

From: Henry Gripp Zeringue <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 10:55:22 -0500 (CDT)

Hey-

running: netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-7
redhat 6.2

Somehow, I did something to disable the _really nice_ variables feature in
the AppleVolumes.default file.

When AppleVolumes.default looks like:
/home/common	mmb_common_$u	allow:@group1	common_$u

The apple chooser displays:	common_$u

When AppleVolumes.default looks like (the correct way, from what I
understand:
/home/common	mmb_common_$u	allow:@group1

apple chooser displays:		allow:@group1

This also causes a _second_ problem. The "allow" statement doesnt work. I
have a share with only a few users specificed.  This used to work, now
everyone who has access through netatalk has access to _all_ the shares.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. If I can supply any more info,
let me know.

-gripp
---------------------------------------------
Henry 'Gripp' Zeringue	Home:	(608)260-8098
Biomedical Engineering	Office:	(608)265-3285
1410 Engineering Dr.	Lab:	(608)262-3013
Madison, WI 53706-1608	Fax:	(608)265-9239
[email-masked]
---------------------------------------------