Subject: [Fwd: setdirowner: chown 16777216/-1]

From: Mac Conin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 15:03:46 +0200

Sorry for forwarding my own posting.

I tried a litte bit kinda 'non-progamming-hacking'

I set the variables in /usr/include/sys/fcntl.h variable O_RDW back to
02 
Then I've installed the 1.5pre5 again, changed all the variables
in ad_double.c from O_RDW to 0666 and recomplied that.

Result is at a first glimpse a working directory with no errors in /var/log/messages.

I did not tested the case of multiple users sending under different
logins to that shared directory.
As I mentioned before I'm no real programmer ;) so maybe that hack will
cause some other disturbances.

Besides that I still have problems copying greater amounts of files
(e.g. a font directory with up to 2.000 small files) to the server. The
clients slows after ~300-800 files down to nothing. The server (from the
console) seems to be ok and  top tells that all processes are idle.
killing afpd and restarting sets the cleint back to normal function.
There are no warnings or messages of malfunction in the logs. I'm
thinking of the servers netcards. Any Idea?

--schnipp
Mac Conin wrote:
> 
> running now the netatalk-1.5pre5 and have as I recognized
> as any others the problem of not copying to the server.
> /var/log/messages tells an error :setdirowner: chown 16777216/-1
> to set the proper rights in the /.Appledouble files.
> 
> changing the /usr/include/sys/fcntl.h variable O_RDW from 2 to 0666 as
> mentiond does not help.
> 
> by the way : is there a stable system running netatalk with a bundle
> of mac-users hooked up not knowing what linux is? *bg*

--schnipp-- 

-----------------------------------------------------------
Mac Conin                        EUC Online Service GmbH
[email-masked]                    D 50676 Koeln
http://www.euc.de                
tel : +49-221-923 27 33          fax : +49-221-239 651
-----------------------------------------------------------