Subject: Adding Printer Problems

From: Adrian Snyman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:00:38 +0200 (SAST)

Hi,

I am sure this problem has come up before, as I see quite a few posts when
searching on google .. nothing concrete though ..

I need to get papd up and running ..
I currently have 2 default printers under CUPS - none of which are called
"lp" ..

However, no matter what I try I keep getting
"no such printer : lp"
"printcap problem : lp"
"can't register Laserwriter@*"

Any pointers ??

 -----------------------------------------------------------------
|    .--.    Adrian Snyman - Datrix Solutions                     |
|   |o_o |   mailto:[email-masked]                    |
|   |:_/ |   Tel: +27 11 888-1869                                 |
|  //   \ \  Cell: +27 82 600-1211                                |
| (|     | )                                                      |
|/'\_   _/`\      !!retupmoc ruoy edisni deppart m'I ,PLEH  ....  |
|\___)=(___/                                                      |
 -----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Thomas Kaiser <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:30:44 +0100

> "can't register Laserwriter@*"

Posting your papd.conf will allow us to give you more helpful answers than
guessing something :-)

Regards,

Thomas

---

From: Christian Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 21:31:21 +0100

>  Posting your papd.conf will allow us to give you more helpful answers than

And IMHO the /etc/printcap should be useful, too.

Yours,
Christian
-- 
Christian Schmidt
[email-masked]