Subject: Mac Avid (os 8.1) + netatalk

From: "erik hansen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 17:57:42 -0400

having a problem with our Avid system and netatalk,  the avid is running
OS8.1, with appletalk version 1.1.  there is no TCP/IP in the control panel,
or extension.  the server is running RedHat 7.0 with an rpm that i saw was
recommended on this list,  i think it's netatalk-1.5pre2-4.i386.rpm as thats
the only rpm that i can find on the box.

the avid can see the server in chooser, login with name/password,  sees the
available volumes but gets an error when it attempts to connect. "The
attempted connection to the server's volume has failed."

is this because netatalk is forcing a connection through TCP/IP?  and since
the box doesn't seem to be running TCP/IP it can't connect?  is this even
close to an exaplanation?  is there a solution?

thanks for any help!
-erik

// [email-masked]
// visual flux
// 407.895.8250
// http://visualflux.net