Subject: How to disable PAM support in netatalk-1.5.2

From: "Sophie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:58:17 +0800

Because I didn't see any option, like --with-shadow, in the 
configuration files.

Thanks.
Sophie

---

From: Thomas Kaiser <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:19:08 +0100

Sebastian wrote on the netatalk-developer list regarding this:

| On Sun, 25 Nov 2001 00:40:05 +0100, Sebastian Rittau wrote:
| 
| > With the current RC (0.8) --without-pam doesn't work, but I have
| > fixed that in the meantime. If you specify --with-pam and PAM is
| > not found, there will be an error. If you specify --without-pam,
| > PAM isn't used whether it's found or not. If you specify neither,
| > it will be used it it's found, and not otherwise.

If that doesn't work, I would try to delete the occurences of '-lpam' in the
Makefile after running configure:

    AFPD_LIBS =  -L//lib -lpam
    PAM_LIBS = -L//lib -lpam
    PAPD_LIBS =  -L//lib -lpam

Regards,

Thomas

---

From: Sebastian Rittau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:57:08 +0100

> Because I didn't see any option, like --with-shadow, in the 

--without-pam

 - Sebastian