Subject: CNID Hacking Party: Request for volunteers!

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:20:46 -0800

Hi all,

In an effort parallel to our path to getting a stable release out, we're
trying to do some heavy testing on Joe Clarke's CNID patches. These patches
create a persistent DID database, something that is necessary if aliases are
going to work fully in Netatalk.

Testing involves setting up some Mac clients to whack the server with a lot
of file operations at once. Hopefully by the end of the day, nothing will
crash. :-)

We've tentatively set a date, Saturday, December 1st, at 11 am Pacific time,
to meet on IRC and test CNID, with Joe providing patches based on testers'
input.

So we need testers. You can be a tester if you:

1. Can compile and run Netatalk on any platform, particularly Linux.
2. Have three or more Macs at your disposal with a fast LAN connection to
the server.
3. Can D/L & run Helios Lantest (http://www.helios.de/products/LanTest.html)
on those Macs.

So please volunteer if you can. It'll be fun, and you'll help contribute a
great feature to Netatalk.

I'll email meeting and technical details on Friday to the lists.

Thanks,

Steve Freitas

---

From: Joe Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:25:05 -0500 (EST)

I hate to throw a wrench in the works, but I just came down with a bad
cold, and I won't be able to do much prep work for this weekend.  If
anyone objects, can we reschedule for the following Saturday?

Joe

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Steve Freitas wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Netatalk-devel mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/netatalk-devel
>
>

---

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:34:03 -0800

> anyone objects, can we reschedule for the following Saturday?

D'oh! Hope you feel better, Joe.

Okay everyone, amend that to Saturday, December 8th, 11 am Pacific time.

Steve

---

From: Joe Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:37:17 -0500 (EST)

> D'oh! Hope you feel better, Joe.

Thanks.

> Okay everyone, amend that to Saturday, December 8th, 11 am Pacific time.

And thanks, again.

Joe

---

From: Joe Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 14:44:59 -0500 (EST)

I am publishing tarballs of the code we'll be testing at
http://www.marcuscom.com/netatalk/cnid/netatalk-1.5cnid.tar.gz.  These
tarballs contain the latest build fixes from HEAD, so they should compile
on OpenBSD as well as the other platforms.  No autogen should be required.
We will configure with:

./configure --with-did=cnid [other configure options]

Then make (or gmake as the case may be).  I'll see everyone at 19:00 UTC
on IRC on Saturday.

Joe