Subject: Access denied errors

From: "Brian Curtis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:57:34 -0500

I know I have asked this question before, and I still can't seem to get
it right.  I would like to start from scratch.
 
I have a share called Work in Progress, when I copy files directly onto
the share it works fine.  The problem comes when I drop folders or
anything of that nature it copies the folder and then I get a
permissions error.  I have the folders set up to Read, change and write
for everyone.  If I take the items from the folder and copy them at the
root of Work  In Progress the files copy fine, I can then take the files
and move them where I originally intended.
 
Obviously my users aren't to impressed with this, do I need to expand
permissions somewhere else?  If so could I Have instructions.
 
Thanks 
 
Brian Curtis
 
IT Manager
Kelliher Samets Volk
Red-Wire
Action Research
212 Battery Street
Burlington, VT  05401

---

From: Michael Vanecek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:47:43 -0600

I had similar problems - I checked inside the .Appledouble directory and 
noticed that the resource files were being created with no permissions 
whatsoever. I gave the appropriate file in the .Appledouble directory 
permission and  deleted the earlier attempt in the directory below (it 
always created an empty file) and the copy went fine. I never figured 
out how to fix this - when I upgraded to 1.5.0 with RPM the problem 
dissappeared.

Cheers,
Mike

Brian Curtis wrote:

> Obviously my users aren?t to impressed with this, do I need to expand 

-- 
http://dotfile.net/ - Dedicated to Open Source Software