Subject: pptp and Netatalk

From: "Lonnie Cumberland" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:39:25 -0500 (EST)

Hello All,

I am wondering about how it would be possible to use a VPN like pptp
to work with Netatalk.

I want to let the users of MAC from across the web be able to access
out server via AppleTalk and Netatalk.

Does anyone have any ideas on this matter?

Cheers,
Lonnie

-- 
 Lonnie Cumberland
 OutStep Technologies Incorporated
 EMAIL: [email-masked]
      : [email-masked]

 The Basis Express Virtual Office
               &
 Data Backup and Recovery Services

 URL: http://www.basis-express.com

"The Virtual Office without boundries!!!"

---

From: Thomas Kaiser <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 17:36:56 +0100

> out server via AppleTalk and Netatalk.

Do you really want to use AppleTalk (as it is less efficient, especially
over WAN connections)? I would prefer AFP over TCP. You can do some
encryption things on different network layers, eg. via IPSec, PPTP or even
SSH.

This is not a netatalk specific issue, just with AFP in general.
(<http://groups.google.com/groups?q=tunnel+group:comp.protocols.appletalk&hl
=de&scoring=d>)

Regards,

Thomas