Subject: Netatalk disconnect

From: Jeff Masud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 07:13:08 -0700 (PDT)

I was wonder if someone could help me.  I've got a couple of users on my
network that are having a problem.  It seems that it's very intermittent
and I haven't been able to find anything in my error logs, but a user who
is printer has gotten disconnected from the netatalk volume.

This doesn't happen all the time, it's sometimes a specific multipage
quark document, but the same one is consistantly disconnecting the same
user.

Then a few days later it goes away.  

Any ideas on what's happening. I wouldn't ask but it's the third time this
has happened to the same person on diffeernt jobs on different weeks.

Jeff

---

From: Rob deMallac <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:08:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all-

I've got some strange file permission problems that, although unrelated to
netatalk, are preventing it from working properly.

I'm using 1.5pre6, installed from RPM, on Mandrake 8.

Logged in as 'luser' ("Lowly User";), I touch a file and it has the
following permissions:
-rw-rw----	1 (date/time)	test.txt

I've got a umask value of 007 for all users, so this shouldn't be
happening.  Going through the very helpful archives, I followed advice to
chmod 2775 on the actual share and chmod g+s for all the little .Apple
files, but still no dice.

Any help greatly appreciated, and my undying gratitude to the kind soul
who prevents me from turning this into a stupid NT box next week!

Cheers!
-Rob
=)

*********************************
Rob deMallac
Network Manager
SFSU Journalism Department
http://www.journalism.sfsu.edu/
*********************************

---

From: Kerry Hormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:34:36 -0700

What exactly is the problem you're having?

> happening.  

Sounds right to me.  A MASK of 007 will give you permissions of 770 for new
files.  But touch doesn't automatically create an executable file, thus the
660 permissions.

Kerry Hormann

Email [email-masked]
------------------------------------------
<esc>:q!<enter>

> From: Rob deMallac <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:08:28 -0700 (PDT)
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: (OT) Permissions yet again...
> Resent-From: [email-masked]
> Resent-Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 18:14:12 -0400 (EDT)
> 
> Hello all-
>