Subject: setdirowner: chown 16777216/-1

From: Mac Conin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 20:58:57 +0200

hmm, 

running now the netatalk-1.5pre5 and have as I recognized
as any others the problem of not copying to the server. 
/var/log/messages tells an error :setdirowner: chown 16777216/-1
to set the proper rights in the /.Appledouble files.

changing the /usr/include/sys/fcntl.h variable O_RDW from 2 to 0666 as
mentiond does not help.
(see for this on http://sourceforge.net/projects/netatalk/)

by the way : is there a stable system running netatalk with a bundle
of mac-users hooked up not knowing what linux is? *bg*

-- 
--schnipp-- 

-----------------------------------------------------------
Mac Conin                        EUC Online Service GmbH

---

From: Alistair Riddell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 18:45:58 +0100 (BST)

> of mac-users hooked up not knowing what linux is? *bg*

Sure, I have hundreds of users running off two netatalk servers. I doubt
if any of them know what Linux is...

running netatalk 1.5pre5 with libatalk/adouble/ad_open.c patched, on a
Slackware linux box, with kernel 2.4.3. hardware is dual PIII 833, 1GB
ram, 10kRPM scsi disks and Acenic gigabit ethernet card. 

I also use netatalk to netboot Apple Macs. Whereas Apple recommend (I
think) 20 machines per server using their hardware and MacOS X servre, I
have about 150 machines on a single server with no problems at all. Let me
know if you want to know how to do this...

-- 
Alistair Riddell - BOFH
IT Support Department, George Watson's College, Edinburgh
Tel: +44 131 447 7931 Ext 176       Fax: +44 131 452 8594
Microsoft - because god hates us

---

From: Mac Conin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 17:06:39 +0200

ok, you mean:

+++ ./libatalk/adouble/ad_open.c        Tue Mar 13 08:13:38 2001
                          line 617 ff.
                               if (adflags & ADFLAGS_HF) {
                                   if (ad_hfileno(ad) == -1) {
                                    ad_p = ad_path( path, adflags );
                          -         admode = ad_mode( ad_p, O_RDWR );
                          +         admode = ad_mode( ad_p, 0666 );
                                                            ^^^^        

is only needed to be changed?

-- 
--schnipp-- 

mit freundlichen grüssen

-----------------------------------------------------------
Mac Conin                        EUC Online Service GmbH
Geschäftsführer                  Taubengasse 9
[email-masked]                    D 50676 Koeln
http://www.euc.de                HRB Köln 32038
tel : +49-221-923 27 33          fax : +49-221-239 651
-----------------------------------------------------------
EUC sponsort Clean up Cologne - eine Iniative der IHK Köln,
der Abfallwirtschaftsbetriebe Köln (AWB) und dem
Grünflächenamt der Stadt Köln. http://www.clean-up-cologne.de

---

From: Alistair Riddell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 16:45:39 +0100 (BST)

that would probably do, but changing "O_RDWR" to "mode" would probably be
better.

---

From: Mac Conin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 20:32:59 +0200

hmm,

i did it and now unser nobody is capable copying files to the server,
but only new files.
Replacing files generates an error (file is already in use). No errors
are reported in the logs.

Any idea?

-- 
--schnipp-- 

mit freundlichen grüssen