Subject: Mac OS X client and netatalk woes

From: Piet Seiden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:37:02 +0200

I have som problems getting hold of files on my share when accessing it
from OS X. I run netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on FreeBSD 4.2 and when I try to
copy files from my share I get an error (-45) message telling me that the
requested files could not be found (not the exact wording).

I can get at files on a Mac OS 9.1 share running on another mac, so I guess
it has something to do with netatalk. I've only tried TCP/IP, not native
AppleTalk. Upgrading netatalk doesn't seem to be an option as I can't
locate a newer version in the ports tree.

Anybody else with similar experiences?

Piet

---

From: Matthew Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Apr 2001 10:03:19 -0400

The 1.4B2 tree has not been developed since OSX was anywhere near
    released. I recommend trying 1.5pre6 and reporting problems with
    that version.

-- 

Matthew Keller
Enterprise System Analyst
Computing & Technology Services
Information Services Division
State University of NY at Potsdam
Potsdam, NY USA

http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/

---

From: Matthew Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Apr 2001 10:38:04 -0400

Oh yeah, all >1.4 versions are stored on the SourceForge Development
    site. http://netatalk.sourceforge.net/

-- 

Matthew Keller