Subject: newbie configuration questions

From: "Lonnie Cumberland" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:28:06 -0500 (EST)

Hello All,

I am new to using netatalk and have just installed the rpm onto my
redhat 7.2 system. I want to be able to give our MAC users the
ability to connect to their /HOME directories from their Mac machines.

Could someone please tell me what I must do now to configure the
Netatalk so that the users can connect with their Linux login/password

Any help on configuration would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what port tcp/udp does netatalk run on?

cheers,
Lonnie

-- 
 Lonnie Cumberland
 EMAIL: [email-masked]
      : [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:14:38 -0500

> Netatalk so that the users can connect with their Linux login/password

This is default behavior - see the last four lines of AppleVolumes.default 
(which is usually located under /etc/atalk if you're using a Redhat RPM).  

      -J.

---

From: Deano! <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Feb 2002 18:41:43 -0800

> ability to connect to their /HOME directories from their Mac machines.
If there's a "~" on a single line by itself in
/somewhere/atalk/AppleVolumes.default, then users will have home
directory access.
 
> Netatalk so that the users can connect with their Linux login/password
I believe that Netatalk defaults to using PAM, so you should be all set.

> Also, what port tcp/udp does netatalk run on?
ddp - 1,2,4,6

udp/tcp - 548/548

-deano