Subject: netatalk 1.5rc1 on SuSE 7.1 PAM problems

From: Lorenzo Perone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:10:11 +0100

Hi,

does anyone here know how to get thru configure in netatalk-1.5rc1 / SuSE 7.1 intel?

I get:

checking for security/pam_appl.h... yes
checking for pam_set_item in -lpam... no
configure: error: PAM support missing

my pam version info is:

SuSE series: a
Name        : pam                          Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 0.72                              Vendor: SuSE GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
Release     : 169                           Build Date: Fri Jan 19 06:45:19 2001
Install date: Sat Oct 20 00:59:30 2001      Build Host: Jones.suse.de

¿?

If I configure without pam, I get thru, but I had problems configuring uams in the past without pam support on SuSE.

Thanx for your hints,

Lorenzo

---

From: Thomas Schierle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:57:23 +0100

I'm not near a Linux box right now -- I believe you need to install the
PAM-devel package as well.

-Thomas

-- 
Thomas Schierle, Munich, Germany

PGP key [DSS/DH] 0xA23CDA1D available at various public key servers

---

From: Lorenzo Perone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 23:58:44 +0100

Thanx,

that helped!

Lorenzo