Subject: --without-pam broken in latest CVS again? And file list cacheing weirdness

From: Mark Guertin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 12:56:34 -0400

Can anyone verify this?  Having same problems with latest CVS is I did with
pre6, specified ‹without-pam, the configure output shows it is disabling
pam, but I am unable to login with any methods...

Moral of the story, Never try to build a production server with beta
software ;) (I wish it was an option here)

Also found an issue with last week CVS (can¹t verify in this one yet), but
when manually moving a new directory into the netatalk shared folder, it
seems to pull up a file list from it¹s last cache..hard to explain, lemme
give you an example.

Directory listing starts like:
Files 1
Files 2

I add a dir called Files 3 (from command line, not thru netatalk/mac), then
it looks like (from apple share):
Files 1
Files 2
Files 3

I remove Files 3 (from command line), it looks like:
Files 1
Files 2

Then add dir Files 4 (from command line), it now looks like:
Files 1
Files 2
Files 3

Clicking on Files 3 gives a ³file not found² error.  The only way to get it
to refresh the file list is to log off server and back in again.  Didn¹t
have any of these problems with previous versions, just the usual open and
close the window to refresh thing (Appletalk always sucked for this),
opening and closing window, adding new files/folders it still does not
Œrefresh¹ the listing so to speak.

Mark

======================================
Mark Guertin, IT Manager
Artshouse Communications Inc.
345 Adelaide Street West, Main Floor
Toronto, ON, Canada   M5V 1R5
Phone (416) 340-6284 x222
Fax - (416) 581-1252