Subject: mac crashes

From: Richard Chamberlain <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:53:46 +0000

Hello,

I upgraded our Suse 7.2 server using an rpm at ftp.suse.com to ver. 1.5

I wanted to try this version because our Mac users were having severe 
difficulties with aliases.

We haven't had any problems so far - so that's excellent.

Unfortunately we've got a whole new problem.

While using Eudora if you attach a file from a folders it hangs the mac 
completely. It would appear that this is worse whilst attaching files from 
larger folders.

Any ideas?

I've included the relevant bits of the log file:

an 23 11:09:40 servant afpd[7151]: ASIP session:548(2) from 
192.168.0.22:49184(0)
Jan 23 11:09:40 servant afpd[7151]: dhx login: quentin
Jan 23 11:09:40 servant afpd[7151]: uams_dhx_pam.c :PAM: PAM Success -- 
Success
Jan 23 11:09:40 servant afpd[7151]: uams_dhx_pam.c :PAM: PAM Auth OK!
Jan 23 11:09:40 servant afpd[7151]: login quentin (uid 501, gid 100)
Jan 23 11:09:40 servant afpd[7151]: using codepage directory: 
/etc/atalk/nls/maccode.iso8859-1
Jan 23 11:14:12 servant afpd[7151]: afp_alarm: child timed out
Jan 23 11:14:12 servant afpd[7151]: 150.87KB read, 517.07KB written
Jan 23 11:14:12 servant afpd[7151]: Connection terminated
Jan 23 11:14:12 servant afpd[31934]: server_child[1] 7151 exited 1

Thanks for any suggestions,

Richard