Subject: Install Problem

From: Bruno LEDOUX <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 19:56:37 +0100

Hi ,

I just installed a RH 7.1 and wanted to install netatalk so I tried to
install it from the rpm (1.5 pre6) but I couldn't due to a file
libcrypto.so.0 missing (I tried a sym link but it dind't work).
So I downloaded the latest source distribution (1.5pre8) and build it with:

>configure 
>make install    

Now I have all the binaries in /usr/local/bin and sbin but I can't find the
Scripts for startup (those normally located in rc.d/initd) and don't know
how to finish installation and start things....

Any help appreciated

bruno

---

From: Thomas Schierle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 21:23:21 +0100

Did you try the Redhat option?

Do a configure --help to see which options are available
and a short explanation what they do.

-Thomas

-- 
Thomas Schierle, Munich, Germany

PGP key [DSS/DH] 0xA23CDA1D available at various public key servers

---

From: Bruno LEDOUX <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 19:09:18 +0100

On 8/11/01 21:23, "Thomas Schierle" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi and thanks,

It worked fine with the RedHat option : but now I have another problem, when
I try to connect from a Mac Client (OS9.04) I get a message saying that the
client doesn't support the authentification method ....

Any hints,

bruno

---

From: "Chris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 12:48:42 -0800

Hi,
A problem just sprang up and I am having trouble narrowing it down.  The
problem is this.  I have two mac clients running MacOS 9 and one running
MacOS 8.  People can see the folder and execute things, but they can not
write to the share folders.  I checked promitions on the linux box and
everything was as they should be. wrx for those that are sapost to have it.
I checked the applevolume file all I have there is the share name and the
folder for the share.  Before this problem every thing was fine.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris