Subject: [ANNOUNCE] This List Will Be Moving

From: Matthew Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Feb 2002 11:14:55 -0500

FYI:

Current subscribers to this list will be auto-subscribed to the new
list, residing at [email-masked]. I believe that our
long-time, gracious host UMICH plans on forwarding mail send to the
former to the latter for a period of time, but your assistance is
requested in updating your addressbooks after the migration. Although I
don't have a firm date yet, I expect the transition to be early next
week. I know some people have philosophical grievances with the
SourceForge project, and I apologize for "demonizing" this list by
moving it there. You will not be required to join SourceForge in order
to participate in this list. 

The Netatalk development team has been working off of that site for
quite a while now, and we've had no problems that we couldn't get
resolved quickly. We feel it is an adequate service for this list as
well.

The University of Michigan has been very gracious in hosting this list
as long as I've been on it (5 years I think) and probably much much
longer. I want to thank the University and their various admins for they
efforts in keeping this list alive, and aiding with the migration to its
new home.

Questions/comments/concerns can be sent to me (offlist, please). The
inevitable flood of negativity may delay my responses to everyone.
Apologies in advance for that.
	
-- 

Matthew Keller
Enterprise System Analyst
Computing & Technology Services
Information Services Division
State University of NY at Potsdam
Potsdam, NY USA

http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/