Subject: 1.5pre6

From: "Bruce A. Burdick, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:30:22 -0500

I just spotted this on Freshmeat.net. Anyone installed this yet?

  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=8642

I'm hoping to clear some time this weekend!

Thanks to the development team for pressing on!

-B...

---

From: Mac Conin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 20:33:26 +0200

I've installed it on Suse kernel 2.2.16 and it seems to work with the
following backdraw (but maybe it while I#m not THE guru)

..
./configure --enable-suse --with-shadow --with-pam --with-flock-locks

resulting in a version, where only guest can log in, but having no problems
with file permissions.

Then I edited the /etc/pam.d/netatalk file to:
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so 
account    required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so 
#password   required    /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so
#password   required    /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow use_authtok
session    required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so

..

for the first tries - it seems to work 

-- 
--schnipp-- 

mit freundlichen grüssen

-----------------------------------------------------------
Mac Conin                        EUC Online Service GmbH
Geschäftsführer                  Taubengasse 9
[email-masked]                    D 50676 Koeln
http://www.euc.de                HRB Köln 32038
tel : +49-221-923 27 33          fax : +49-221-239 651
-----------------------------------------------------------
EUC sponsort Clean up Cologne - eine Iniative der IHK Köln,
der Abfallwirtschaftsbetriebe Köln (AWB) und dem
Grünflächenamt der Stadt Köln. http://www.clean-up-cologne.de

---

From: Bert Blümer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 01:48:26 +0200

> for the first tries - it seems to work

I have compiled 1.5pre6 today, too; comiling worked, but i did no 
further testing yet. I compiled pre6, because the 1.5pre5 does 
not compile the 'uams_pam.so' - Module. I have to use pam, can 
anybody tell me how to compile this with the pre5?

-- 
Grüße, Bert