Subject: Does the PAM stuff work in 1.5pre8?

From: "Chris Garrigues" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:39:58 -0500

When I start it up, I get these errors:

Oct 12 14:27:14 deepeddy afpd[3398]: uam : Loading (/etc/netatalk/uams/uams_clrtxt.so)
Oct 12 14:27:14 deepeddy afpd[3398]: uam: uam not found (status=-1)
Oct 12 14:27:14 deepeddy afpd[3398]: uam : Loading (/etc/netatalk/uams/uams_dhx.so)
Oct 12 14:27:14 deepeddy afpd[3398]: uam: uam not found (status=-1)

This is whats in the uams directory:
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           11 Oct 12 13:54 uams_clrtxt.so -> uams_pam.so
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           15 Oct 12 13:54 uams_dhx.so -> uams_dhx_pam.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         9852 Oct 12 13:52 uams_dhx_passwd.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         8101 Oct 12 13:52 uams_guest.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         9341 Oct 12 13:52 uams_passwd.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         8394 Oct 12 13:52 uams_pgp.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        13650 Oct 12 13:52 uams_randnum.so

When I look at the makefile for the uams, I note that uams_pam.so and 
uams_dhx_pam.so are only built if BUILD_PAM is defined.

configure.in sez:

AM_CONDITIONAL(BUILD_PAM, test x$compile_pam = xyes)

but $compile_pam is never defined...anywhere.

I tried copying the enable-krb4-uam stuff with no success, so I'm stumped.

Chris

-- 
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com
4314 Avenue C                   
Austin, TX  78751-3709		+1 512 374 0500

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html 

    The Greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the
      hijacking of morality by religion.  However valuable -- even
      necessary -- that may have been in enforcing good behavior on
      primitive peoples, their association is now counterproductive.
      Yet at the very moment when they should be decoupled,
      sanctimonious nitwits are calling for a return to morals based
      on superstition.
				--- Arthur C. Clarke

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:36:23 +0200

You have to manually uncomment the modules (pam & dhx) in 
netatalk-pre8etc/uams/Makefile
after having run the ./configure before make.

All the best /Mikko

---

From: Sebastian Rittau <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 04:19:27 +0200

> but $compile_pam is never defined...anywhere.

This was fixed in CVS.

 - Sebastian

---

From: "Chris Garrigues" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 14:13:58 -0500

> From:  [email-masked]
> Date:  Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:36:23 +0200
>

A little awkward to put in an RPM, but I got it.  Thanks.

Chris

---

From: "Chris Garrigues" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 14:14:38 -0500

> From:  Sebastian Rittau <[email-masked]>
> Date:  Sat, 13 Oct 2001 04:19:27 +0200
>

Good.  Doesn't do me any good right down, but I'll be looking forward to 
1.5pre9 so I can remove the kludge I just put in my spec file.

Chris