Subject: disk size weirdness with aliases

From: Sid Stary <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 14:08:12 -0500

hi,
I have a weird problem with netatalk and aliases of other drives 
placed in a home dir. here is the situation:

(1) a user log in his home dir (/home/user) -this home dir is a drive 
with a 3 gig capacity

(2) in this /home/user dir there an alias placed of a drive /files 
which is 200 gigs

(3) when I log in via AppleTalk and open the /files alias the Mac 
window bar shows only 3gig available.

(4) the weird thing is that when I copy a 2 meg file to the /files 
dir, and the copy is finished, the capacity once again shows 3 megs 
available.

Now I would not care what the Mac window bar shows, but when I try to 
copy a file that is larger than 3 gigs, it will not let me do it....

any ideas...?

thank you in advance, sid

ps running kernel 2.4, on Proliant 3000, netatalk 1.4b2