Subject: netatalk does not like me anymore

From: [email-masked] (Anatol Ulrich)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:24:12 +0100

hi there,
after compiling & installing the netatalk version from
pre-asun2.1.4-39_test.tar.gz, we just can´t seem to authorize on the
server anymore.
It always confronts us with a "wrong password" message, and I really got
no idea what to do. I enabled PAM support as well as shadow in the
Makefile (maybe a bit redundant, but I wanted to make sure there would
be some way to verify the supplied password)
The logfile after restart looks like this:

Feb 16 02:30:12 tblinux1 papd[22627]: restart (1.4b2+asun2.1.4)
Feb 16 02:30:18 tblinux1 afpd[22630]: tblinux1:AFPServer@* started on
2.93:128 (1.4b2+asun2.1.4)
Feb 16 02:30:18 tblinux1 afpd[22630]: uam: uams_guest.so loaded
Feb 16 02:30:18 tblinux1 afpd[22630]: uam: uams_clrtxt.so loaded
Feb 16 02:30:19 tblinux1 afpd[22630]: uam: uams_dhx.so loaded
Feb 16 02:30:19 tblinux1 afpd[22630]: uam: "DHCAST128" available
Feb 16 02:30:19 tblinux1 afpd[22630]: uam: "Cleartxt Passwrd" available
Feb 16 02:30:19 tblinux1 afpd[22630]: uam: "No User Authent" available
Feb 16 02:30:22 tblinux1 afpd[22631]: session from 1.125:249 on 2.93:129

Feb 16 02:30:22 tblinux1 afpd[22631]: cleartext login: mac_21
Feb 16 02:30:32 tblinux1 afpd[22631]: atp_rresp: Connection timed out
Feb 16 02:30:42 tblinux1 afpd[22631]: afp_die: asp_shutdown: Connection
timed out
Feb 16 02:30:42 tblinux1 afpd[22631]: 0.04KB read, 5.18KB written
Feb 16 02:30:42 tblinux1 afpd[22630]: server_child[0] 22631 done

---

From: SF Karel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:47:04 -0500

You don't say what platform you're running on (I'd guess linux, but what distro?)

Odds are that you don't want to compile with shadow support, just use
PAM if the distribution uses it.

---

From: [email-masked] (Anatol Ulrich)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:46:06 +0100

Hi Karel,

> You don't say what platform you're running on (I'd guess linux, but what distro?)

it´s SuSE 6.4 (got PAM support)

> PAM if the distribution uses it.

i´ll try that, thanks.

.anatol