Subject: LWSelect 300

From: Heinz Richarz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 09:29:05 +0200

Hello,
I have a problem to integrate an Apple LaserWriter Select 300 to my net.
nbplkup shows
laser:LWSelect300 an the adress. But nothing goes. Do I configurate the
papd.conf?, or anything else.
Who can help me?
Greetings
Heinz Richarz

---

From: Thomas Kaiser <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 08:48:20 +0200

> I have a problem to integrate an Apple LaserWriter Select 300 to my net.

This Laserwriter is a QuickDraw-only printer. That means it lacks support
for PostScript. (For informations about apple's products take a look at
<http://www.info.apple.com/applespec/applespec.taf>, in your case especially
<http://www.info.apple.com/info.apple.com/applespec/applespec.taf?cat=printe
r&RID=32>)

> nbplkup shows laser:LWSelect300 an the adress.

To print via PAP (Printer Access Protocol) to the printer it should publish
itself as "Laserwriter".

> But nothing goes. Do I configurate the papd.conf?, or anything else.

Well, configuring papd.conf would mean, that you will setup a PAP-Spooler
for the printer. But I don't know if there is any support for
Quickdraw-based printers in GhostScript.

regards,

Thomas