Subject: netatalk codepages

From: Mac Conin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 17:55:51 +0100

Dear List,

it seems to me that netatalk does not load/uses any codepage.
I used in the /etc/atalk/AppleVolumes.default

/test "Test" allow:@users codepage:maccode.iso8859-1

additionally I put a personalized copy of AppleVolumes.default
into the users home directory as
.AppleVolumes

Also is a codepage named.

Whatever codepage I use - I still get garbled umlauts (a umlaut changesd
to %).

>From the samba-clients files are correct placed onto the Linux server.
Browsing like 'ls' shows correct signs.

Is there a way to check the codepage if loaded? 

-- 
--schnipp-- 

mit freundlichen grüssen

-----------------------------------------------------------
Mac Conin                        EUC Online Service GmbH
                                 Taubengasse 9
[email-masked]                    D 50676 Koeln
http://www.euc.de                HRB Köln 32038
tel : +49-221-923 27 33          fax : +49-221-239 651
-----------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Hauke Fath <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 19:17:01 +0100

At 17:55 Uhr +0100 23.03.2001, Mac Conin wrote:
>it seems to me that netatalk

What version of Netatalk are you talking about?

>does not load/uses any codepage.

	hauke

-- 
Hauke Fath                        tangro software components GmbH
                                         D-69115 Heidelberg
[email-masked]                       Ruf +49-6221-13336-0, Fax -21

---

From: Mac Conin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:10:12 +0100

this is version 1.4.99-5 from the Suse 7.1 Distribution

-- 
--schnipp-- 

mit freundlichen grüssen

-----------------------------------------------------------
Mac Conin                        EUC Online Service GmbH
Geschäftsführer                  Taubengasse 9
[email-masked]                    D 50676 Koeln
http://www.euc.de                HRB Köln 32038
tel : +49-221-923 27 33          fax : +49-221-239 651
-----------------------------------------------------------
EUC sponsort Clean up Cologne - eine Iniative der IHK Köln,
der Abfallwirtschaftsbetriebe Köln (AWB) und dem
Grünflächenamt der Stadt Köln. http://www.clean-up-cologne.de