Subject: Eudora folder on netatalk volumes

From: Winston Chang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 19:47:37 -0400

Environment:
   Red Hat 7.1 Intel
   netatalk-1.5pre2-6b

Description:

I tried placing a Eudora mail folder in a netatalk volume.  It's 
configured to check mail every 5 minutes.  After about half an hour 
to an hour (I'm not really sure how long), I get this error every 
time I try to check my mail:

   Couldn't read your settings.
   1453292+ 21 (-43); The document was nout found.
   {90:885}

Followed by this one:

   Eudora could not check mail in the
   background. Try closing some windows or
   switch background threading off.
   -43,{09:435}

Simply closing Eudora and restarting doesn't seem to help; I have to 
put the volume away and reconnect.  This problem doesn't occur if I 
have a local copy of the Mail folder.

Any ideas of why this happens and how I might make it go away?

Thanks,
--Winston

---

From: Brian Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 17:05:37 -0700

> Any ideas of why this happens and how I might make it go away?

I struggled with this problem for a long time and finally solved it by
switching from Eudora to Mulberry, which does not have this problem.

---

From: Thomas Schierle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 03:50:24 +0200

pre2 ... I'm wondering why you're sticking to this outdated
release. 

I'd recommend to either go back to the last rather stable release
which seems to be netatalk1.4b2+ASUN2.1.3_37b if memory doesn't fail --
or keep pace with the current prerelease cycle.

btw, -43 problems seem to have disappeared for my current
config ... instead, other problems arise,  :-/

-Thomas

-- 
Thomas Schierle, Munich, Germany

PGP key [DSS/DH] 0xA23CDA1D available at various public key servers