Subject: Problems running on Solaris 8 Intel

From: Greg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 15:01:07 -0700

Trying to run 1.4b2+asun2.1.4 on Solaris 8 10/00 for the X86.
Seemed to build okay, made a -DPASSWD change, and used TCPWRAPPERS
but no crypt or kerb.

I'm able to build and install the progs and the driver, but when
atalkd runs, I get the following:

AppleTalk not up! Child exited with 1.

I did a truss on atalkd and saw:
710:    read(4, " T Z i f\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0".., 8192)     = 1000
710:    close(4)                                        = 0
710:    getpid()                                        = 710 [709]
710:    putmsg(3, 0x08046654, 0x08046648, 0)            = 0
710:    open("/var/run/syslog_door", O_RDONLY)          = 4
710:    door_info(4, 0x080465E4)                        = 0
710:    getpid()                                        = 710 [709]
710:    door_call(4, 0x080465CC)                        = 0
710:    close(4)                                        = 0
710:    open("/dev/iprb", O_RDWR)                       = 4
710:    ioctl(4, I_PUSH, "ddp")                         = 0
710:    ioctl(4, 0x80047336, 0x08046DD8)                Err#22 EINVAL
710:    fxstat(2, 3, 0x08046B7C)                        = 0
710:    time()                                          = 990220688
710:    getpid()                                        = 710 [709]
710:    putmsg(3, 0x08046234, 0x08046228, 0)            = 0
710:    open("/var/run/syslog_door", O_RDONLY)          = 5
710:    door_info(5, 0x080461C4)                        = 0
710:    getpid()                                        = 710 [709]
710:    door_call(5, 0x080461AC)                        = 0
710:    close(5)                                        = 0
710:    llseek(0, 0, SEEK_CUR)                          = 182142
710:    llseek(0, 0, SEEK_CUR)                          = 182142
710:    _exit(1)
709:    times(0x0804710C)                               = 644287
709:    waitid(P_ALL, 0, 0x0804711C, WEXITED|WTRAPPED|WSTOPPED) = 0
709:    write(2, " A p p l e T a l k   n o".., 17)      = 17

It would appear that it's failing with an invalid request for iprb,
my intel ehternet board, to push the ddp stream stack (or some such
gobbledygook).

Here's what's on the messages file:
May 18 14:18:08 t2 ddp: [ID 408061 kern.notice] dlpi_rput DL_ERROR_ACK 0x8
May 18 14:18:08 t2 atalkd[710]: [ID 546702 daemon.error] IF_UNITSEL: Invalid argument

from looking at the code, it looks like the rput routine in the dlpi module
is getting an unexpected or invalid ack.  I dont know if the two problems
are related.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
	Greg Maples