Subject: logs, log, more logs information

From: "Marcin Kandybowicz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 23:39:44 +0200

Hi Evryone,
 I new on this list so first i introduce myself. I'm Martin from Poland, i
administrate few linux machines with netatalk.

My problem:

   Last time I was informet about missing folders on linux server with
netatalk. In sys messages i do not have any information about problems with
filesystem, hard drives etc.

  My sugestion is that some user just delete it. I wondered if there is any
possibility to add delete action to logs of afpd or something like that?

thx
Martin

---

From: "Chris Herrmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 09:31:50 +1000

Hi Martin,

chances are that it might be a user, or it might be netatalk - there have
been more than a few of us who have had directories disappear.

Personally, I stopped having these troubles when I compiled it with:

--enable-lastdid

It appears that netatalk behaves differently on different unices, and
versions amongst the same unix. For example, file locking works differently
between rh6.2 & 7.0 for ext2fs, but also works differently again for
reiserfs. You'll have to try it, and see how you go. Good luck!

Regards,

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcin Kandybowicz [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, 24 August 2001 07:40
To: [email-masked]
Subject: logs, log, more logs information

Hi Evryone,

My problem:

thx
Martin