Subject: netatalk 1.4.99 ignoring AFPD_MAX_USERS in /etc/atalk/netatalk.conf

From: Harald Wagener <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:51:38 +0200

Greetings, all.

This is on a Redhat 7 box, and everything else is running smoothly. But right now,
I cannot have more than 20 users connect to our file server (I have about 200
clients to serve). I have set AFPD_MAX_USERS to 200, but this didn't change a
thing. Obviously, this does not help people to adopt to the new fileserver.

I could easily recompile with a higher default limit, but I would want to avoid
it. 

Is there anything else that needs to be taken care of if I want to set the user
limit to a reasonable value (for this business, that is)?

Regards,
	Harald
-- 
Harald Wagener      |                                Systemadministrator 
FCB/Wilkens GmbH    |                              Tel.:+49-40-2881-1252 
An der Alster 42    |                              Fax.:+49-40-2881-1263 
20099 Hamburg       |                         http://www.fcb-wilkens.com

---

From: Mac Conin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:13:51 +0200

hmm

why don't you start afpd with parameter -c 200 ??

-- 
--schnippe-di-schnipp-- 

mit freundlichen grüssen

-----------------------------------------------------------
Mac Conin                        EUC Online Service GmbH
Geschäftsführer                  Taubengasse 9
[email-masked]                    D 50676 Koeln
http://www.euc.de                HRB Köln 32038
tel : +49-221-923 27 33          fax : +49-221-239 651
-----------------------------------------------------------