Subject: Solaris compilation Problem

From: nhoelz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 20:35:50 -0500

Hello netatalk admins,
    compiling the netatalk source on a solaris 7 with gcc 2.95.2 and the
later with the native
solaris compiler I get the following error messages.....

1.) For gcc:

 # make
 Making all for solaris...
 make[1]: Entering directory
 `/opt2/home/local/src/netatalk/netatalk14b2/netatalk-1.4b2/sys/solaris'

 gcc -D_KERNEL -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles -fpcc-struct-return
-D__svr4__
 -DSOLARIS -O -I../../include -I../netatalk   -c ddptp_rdq.c -o
ddptp_rdq.o
 ddptp_rdq.c:45: conflicting types for `putnext'
 /usr/include/sys/stream.h:710: previous declaration of `putnext'
 make[1]: *** [ddptp_rdq.o] Error 1
 make[1]: Leaving directory
 `/opt2/home/local/src/netatalk/netatalk14b2/netatalk-1.4b2/sys/solaris'

 make: *** [all] Error 2

2.) For cc:

# make
cc -D_KERNEL -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS -O -I../../include -I../netatalk   -c
ddptp_rdq.c -o
ddptp_rdq.o
"ddptp_rdq.c", line 45: identifier redeclared: putnext
        current : function(pointer to struct queue {pointer to struct
qinit {..}
q_qinfo, pointer to struct msgb {..} q_first, pointer to stru...
        previous: function(pointer to struct queue {pointer to struct
qinit {..}
q_qinfo, pointer to struct msgb {..} q_first, pointer to stru... :
"/usr/include/sys/stream.h", line 710
cc: acomp failed for ddptp_rdq.c
make: *** [ddptp_rdq.o] Error 2

Do you see something wrong with how ddptp_rdq.c is trying to use
streams.h....
Do you have a suggestion on how to fix this problem???

Nakul