Subject: Mac Manager and Linux box as Group storage.

From: "Heath Henderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 06:30:07 -0600

Has anyone set up a Linux box as the Location of Home
directories/Groupstorage yet on Macintosh Manager (using OSX or even ASIP
6)?  I am wanting to implement this next year, but am not really sure how to
go about it yet.

If anyone has suggestions/ideas/or experience, please drop me a line.

Thanks

Heath Henderson

---

From: "Daniel Baker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 22:41:33 -0800

I set up something that sounds kinda like what you are decribing at work.

We have an internal FTP server that clients transfer files to via a DSL
line. Once the files are there, the CSR's are set up on the same group and
can read all the clients individual jailed ftp accounts. Another instance on
the same host is a share called public which only admin has access too for
sharing driver installers and updaters amoungst the Engineers.

Sound like what you were referring too?

---

Sincerly:
Daniel Baker.

Any Science or Profession that ceases to question itself becomes Religion.
(C-DB)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Heath Henderson" <[email-masked]>
To: "Netatalk Admins" <[email-masked]>; "Appletalk Netatalk
group" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2001 4:30 AM
Subject: Mac Manager and Linux box as Group storage.