Subject: Eudora 5.1 and Netatalk

From: Christian Alberici <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 11:04:52 +0200

Hy, I use a Lan with Linux server with Netatalk. I use many Mac to access
files on the server.
I have Eudora settings in the personal folder on the server, sometimes
I loose the 'attachment folder' settings and my attachment goes everywere.

Thank you to all
--

---

From: Hauke Fath <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 10:01:57 +0200

>I loose the 'attachment folder' settings and my attachment goes everywere.

I don't know how Eudora keeps track of the location of the attachment 
folder, but it sounds like your problem results from Netatalk's 
non-persistent directory IDs.

Given your usage pattern, you'd probably be better off with avoiding 
filesharing and using Eudora's IMAP facilities.

	hauke

-- 
Hauke Fath                        tangro software components GmbH
                                         D-69115 Heidelberg
[email-masked]                       Ruf +49-6221-13336-0, Fax -21