Subject: "Server Not Responding" -- ASIPClient 3.7.4(?)

From: Arts Engraving <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:34:30 -0500

Linux Redhat 7.2/Netatalk 1.5.0 running ASIP.

 From my box running ASIP Client v 3.8.3, using the chooser name AND 
the server ip address both connect fine. On a Mac with ASIP Client v. 
3.7.4, only the server ip address connects. The chooser name doesn't 
connect. Also the later will not auto remount upon reboot.

Is there an ASIP Client version minimum? Whats the fix?

-Wes Yates
-- 
-Wes Yates
Arts Engraving Co., Inc.
3136 May Street
Charlotte NC 28217
[email-masked]
http://www.artsengraving.com
T 704-523-5115  F 704-521-9535

---

From: Thomas Kaiser <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 16:46:02 +0100

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:34:30 -0500, Arts Engraving wrote:

> Is there an ASIP Client version minimum?

Apple recommends the following AppleShare client versions (depending on the
OS version):

  * For Mac OS 7.5.1 or earlier, use AppleShare Workstation version 3.5.
  * For Mac OS 7.5.1 up to (but not including) version 7.5.3, use
    AppleShare Workstation version 3.6.5.
  * For Mac OS 7.5.3 up to (but not including) version 7.6, use AppleShare
    Client version 3.7.4.
  * For Mac OS 7.6 up to (but not including) version 8.1, use AppleShare
    Client version 3.8.3.
  * For Mac OS 8.1 up to (but not including) version 8.6, use AppleShare
    Client version 3.8.6. If you use startup mounting, you should use
    3.8.3 instead.
  * For Mac OS 8.6 and later, use AppleShare Client version 3.8.8.

  If you use startup mounting and are not running Mac OS 9 or later, you
  should use 3.8.3 instead.

(<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60792>)

Regards,

Thomas

---

From: Wes Yates <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:52:34 -0500

>(<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60792>)

thanks a bunch. this needs to be in the docs :-)

-Wes
-- 

-Wes Yates
[email-masked]
wesyates.homeip.net

"Of course, you realize this means war."
-B. Bunny