Subject: Wireless Appletalk

From: kbaker3 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:48:05 -0500

Anyone gotten netatalk running on a wireless network?  I am using the lucent 
cards Wavelan/IEEE in ad-hoc mode...  I want my router to act as the head end 
appletalk router defining networks and zones...  I am guessing the broadcast 
is what is screwing it up...  I don't even get zones...  I took a working 
atalkd config and just changed interfaces...  now it doesn't work on the 
wireless... here is my config
eth2 -router -net 50-55 -address 50.1 -zone "Stuff" -zone "Other Stuff"

(note the options might not be the exact terms  I am not at the box...)

Any help?

---

From: Steve Devine <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:50:53 -0500

We are using netatalk (afpd only) w / tcpwrappers on a Sun Ultra-5. The base
station points at the Sun and the other machines connect via the base station
-- 
///////////////////////////////////
Steve Devine
Information Technology Professional
MSU Computer Laboratory
phone: (517) 355-4500 x242
fax: (517) 353-9847
/////////////////