Subject: number of concurrent open files

From: Mac Conin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 20:09:22 +0200

Howdy,

netatalk 1.5.6 under suse 7.something gives me that warning
afpd[23371]: of_alloc: maximum number of forks exceeded
causing the client to report error -42
This happens when printing from Xpress which opens a lot of files and images.

Does anyone has a idea where to increase that parameter?
Or is that the 'afpd -c' paramter (max clients)?

best regards

-- 

____________________________________________________________

Mac Conin                        Taubengasse 9
EUC Online Service GmbH          D 50676 Koeln
                                 tel : +49-221-923 27 33
http://www.euc.de                fax : +49-221-239 651

---

From: Mac Conin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 20:27:42 +0200

Me again...

set the clients number to 3.000 (hrmpf) and it works. Or is that only
because I've to restart afpd?

-- 

mit freundlichen grüssen

Mac Conin                        Taubengasse 9

---

From: Mac Conin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 21:01:28 +0200

Hmm, me again

that was not the point. I' started to move the files to the client to
print from a local directory. grrr

-- 

mit freundlichen grüssen

Mac Conin                        Taubengasse 9