Subject: "uam: uam not found" error

From: MATSUDA Hitoshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 17:43:47 +0900

Hello,

I installed 1.5pre6 into RedHat Linux 6.2.
I copied configuration files into /etc/atalk because, "make install"
did not make them. Also, I copied uam modules into /etc/atalk/uams
manually. pam files copied into /etc/pam.d.

When startup, afpd says following messages.

	Apr 24 17:28:07 ld-s afpd[1256]: uam: uam not found (status=-1)

Could you show me what is problem.

Thank you,

MATSUDA Hitoshi

---

From: jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:03:05 -0400

> Could you show me what is problem.

What do your /etc/atalk/netatalk.conf and /etc/atalk/afpd.conf files
look like?

(Also, I believe that the RPM is built for Redhat 7, which may be
causing some of your problems.)

jeff

---

From: MATSUDA Hitoshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:03:46 +0900

Hello,

I found its solution from previous thread.
I configured with --with-config-dir=/usr/local/etc/atalk. Then everything
was fine.

Thank you.

MATSUDA Hitoshi