Subject: 1.5pre6 on solaris 8

From: Paul Krohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 11:24:24 -0700 (PDT)

A while ago I posted a problem report about this configuration; I've made a 
little progress since then. 

the configure script finds my OpenSSL, installed under /usr/local.

1.5pre6 compiles ok, though not without error. 

When I start afpd, i get the following in /var/adm/messages:

Jun  7 17:27:54 arthur afpd[18926]: [ID 272954 daemon.error] uam_load(uams_dhx.s
o): failed to load: ld.so.1: ./afpd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/at
alk/etc/uams/uams_dhx.so: symbol __eprintf: referenced symbol not found

Not surprisingly, DHX authentication does not work. Clear text works fine. I'd 
really like to get DHX working before I give more people access to this server.

 Also, the following set of message is sprinkled (liberally) throughout:

Jun  7 17:24:18 arthur afpd[18902]: [ID 267206 daemon.error] setdirowner: chown 
1/-1 .AppleDouble: Not owner
Jun  7 17:24:18 arthur afpd[18902]: [ID 914701 daemon.error] setdirowner: chown 
1/-1 .: Not owner
Jun  7 17:24:18 arthur afpd[18902]: [ID 235491 daemon.error] setdirowner: chown 
-1/0 .AppleDouble/.Parent: Not owner

There's only one user at the moment and the user ons all the directories to which 
afpd provides access.

So I guess that's two questions: how do I get DHX to work, and how do i stop the 
'Not owner' messages?

Thanks.

--
'If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail'