Subject: user statistic

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:46:40 +0200

hello,

our server (linux 2.2.10)  is running natalk 1.4b2 + asun2.1.4 . is there a
possibility get some statistics who is using  the server  by appletalk.
The server is also running samba, so there are alot of computers connected.

MfG

Michael Kindermann
[email-masked]
Wuerzburg/Germsmany

---

From: Karen A Swanberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 16:56:03 -0500 (CDT)

> The server is also running samba, so there are alot of computers connected.

In the contrib directory of netatalk, there are two subdirectories, nu and
macusers. They both contain scripts that help determine who is logged
in. I don't remember which runs on which platforms, but try them
out. Samba comes with a utilty called smbstatus that does the same thing.

I use openbsd, for which neither nu or macusers worked, but a friend had
written one that did, called afpdstatus. I posted it to this list a few
months ago, if you search the archives you can find it, or I can send it
to you off-line. I strung afpdstatus and smbstatus together into a simple
script, and run that to see who's logged in on both samba and netatalk at
the same time. lsof (from gnu, I think) can also tell you which client the
mac user is logged into.

Here's my simple script, as I said, it calls other scripts provided by
samba and netatalk:

#!/bin/sh
# To Run Rowan's afpdstatus script and then lsof, so can
# tell from whence people are logged in.
echo 'Netatalk users logged in:'

/usr/local/bin/afpdstatus

echo ' '

echo 'Location of Netatalk Users (lsof):'
echo ' '
lsof | grep afpd | grep ESTABLISHED

echo ' '
echo 'Output of smbstatus:'
echo ' '
/usr/local/samba/bin/smbstatus

---
hope that helps,

-Karen

-                                                                  -
    Karen Swanberg | Sys Admin | Dept. of Geology and Geophysics    
206 Pillsbury Hall | 310 Pillsbury Ave. SE | University of Minnesota
     Minneapolis, MN 55455  (612) 624-6541  (612) 625-3819 (f)

              * <---- Tribble   . <--- Tribble.tgz