Subject: re error messages and printers

From: "Kathy Quinlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 21:44:02 +0800

Hi all,

I am using freebsd 4.3R

I am using netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.3  installed form the ports collection.

Two questions :

First why do I get these error messages in my /var/log/messages log, what
can I do to stop them ?

Nov 27 20:02:58 serverbsd afpd[767]: atp_rresp: Operation timed out
Nov 27 20:03:08 serverbsd afpd[767]: afp_die: asp_shutdown: Operation timed
out
Nov 27 20:03:14 serverbsd afpd[768]: atp_rresp: Operation timed out
Nov 27 20:03:24 serverbsd afpd[768]: afp_die: asp_shutdown: Operation timed
out
Dec  5 18:47:07 serverbsd afpd[3577]: setdirmode: chmod .AppleDouble:
Operation not permitted

Second, all my printers hang off a win2k box, how can I get the mac to print
to them, (I need cheap, as both my partner and I are pensioners, so funds
are limited, also with out a credit card and living in Au it makes it hard
to register software :o(()

I would prefer to do something with Freebsd to redirect the printer to the
win2k box rather than use commercial software on the win2k box to talk in
apple talk directly to the macs (I know it means an extra machine in the
process loop which is a pain to debug, but is time is not a problem I think
I can achieve this)

Regards,

Kat.

____________________________________________________________________________
 /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  |        K.A.Q. Electronics
 \ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail | Software and Electronic Engineering
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail  |      Perth Western Australia
 / \                                            |        Ph +61 419 923 731
____________________________________________________________________________