Subject: Solved: Can't register sample:AFPServer@*

From: "Rolf Schoepfer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 00:13:28 +0100

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
From: Thomas Kaiser <[email-masked]>
Date:  Fri, 01 Feb 2002 21:18:09 +0100

>On Fri,  1 Feb 2002 20:12:09 +0100, Rolf Schoepfer wrote:
>
Problem
--------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Feb  1 19:58:48 www afpd[5862]: Can't register sample:AFPServer@*
--------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>This one of your two problems: the afp daemon cannot register itself with
>the name binding protocol NBP, so your server cannot appear as AFP server in
>your client's choosers. There might be some reasons:
>
>- no AppleTalk support in your kernel
>
>- atalkd not started
>
>- wrong atalkd.conf
>
>Are there messages from atalkd in your syslog?
>
Solution
--------------------------------------------------------------------
daemon atalkd has to be started before daemon afpd
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Thomas, for your help. Unfortunately I couldn't find any information about starting daemons in any README files.