Subject: Copying large *.ps files fails with afp_write: asp_wrtcont: Bad Address

From: Brian W Chostner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:43:01 -0600

Hello,
I am using RedHat 7.2 2.4.2-2 kernel and the latest redhat RPM build of
netatalk, everything works as expected.
The Apple client is a Power PC running OS 9.
I can login to home and other shares, and save files like gif and jpg no
problem.
When I try to copy my wife's large 20 to 50 Mb Photoshop files I get the
error  afp_write: asp_wrtcont: Bad Address in the server message log.
Is this a file type or size problem?
Also, is there a place I can get debug info on the log messages?
I also noticed when I disable AppleTalk on the Mac in the chooser, It cant
connect to the atalk server at all over TCP. And the server and client have
several AppleTalk addresses in the nbplkup command. I guess they kind of use
both protocols.. I thought it might be a network problem, but I don't think
so.
I have been working on this problem for a while, and don't think I will be
able to crack it any time soon on my own.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks..