Subject: Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: Solaris 8 and DDP]]

From: Timo Schoeler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 01:07:23 +0100

on machines not 64bit capable as far as i can remember the installer 
doesn't give you the opportunity of choosing a 64bit kernel ;)

regards, timo

During installation of Solaris 8 for SPARC, you are given a choice of a 
64-bit or 32-bit
kernel, and 64-bit is the default selection. I don't remember what 
happens on older
machines that aren't 64-bit capable... I think the installer actually 
notices this and
says something about it.

Xiaping Lin wrote:

One thing I am not very clear is that is the default  kernel of Solaris 
8 64-bit ?
if so, Is there any chance to get ddp working under
Solaris? Has any one got it working ? I prefer not to change kernel to 
32-bit if I
can.