Subject: aliases & view

From: Ken Gillett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:36:03 +0000

Having updated to 1.5.1.1 I can now re-mount an afp volume just by 
selecting its alias from the previous session. Good:-)

However, although not related, I now notice that when re-mounting my 
home directory it has retained its views setting, whereas when I try 
the same thing with the public folder it always re-mounts in icon 
view, not list, as it was when unmounted.

Am I right in thinking that this info gets stored in 
TheVolumeSettings directory? The permissions are the same as for the 
home directory version (but owner nobody, rather than me). Can 
someone point me in the right direction to fix this?

Now I need to get SLP running...
-- 

Ken  G i l l e t t

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

---

From: Thomas Schierle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 00:42:05 +0100

> someone point me in the right direction to fix this?

To the best of my knowledge, volume view settings still are
stored in .AppleDouble/.Parent.

TheVolumeSettingsFolder is just the place for the OpenFolderListDF
and DesktopPrinters DB files -- not used at all at a remote volume.

-- 
Thomas Schierle, Munich, Germany

PGP key [DSS/DH] 0xA23CDA1D available at various public key servers