Subject: Connection

From: "Mike Soong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 18:45:24 +0800

I 'm having this connection problem with IP share. It doesn't seem to find my linux server. I have install everything as stated in the documentation and the funny thing is, it works in RedHat 6.2 but not in 7.1. Could the be anything that have blocked the connection.

Please advise. Thank you.

*******************************************************************************************************
All e-mails originating from financialzoo have been scanned for 
known viruses using MailScan version 2.

This email (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the individual or entity
named above and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, or, being the
intended recipient, you do not receive the entirety of this email, please notify us
immediately by telephone at +603-7957 9622 or by return e-mail.
 
WARNING: This email has not been encrypted or transmitted via a secure link, and is
subject to the usual hazards of Internet communication. We do not guarantee the
inviolability or integrity of the contents of this email, nor do we guarantee that there has
been no unauthorised interception or modification of this email whilst in transit. Whilst
every effort has been made to ensure that this email is free from computer viruses and
other malicious code, we are unable to accept responsibility for any loss or damage
caused by or attributable to any such malicious code attached to or infecting this email.
*******************************************************************************************************

---

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 03:25:41 -0800

>I 'm having this connection problem with IP share. It doesn't seem to find my
>linux server. I have install everything as stated in the documentation and the
>funny thing is, it works in RedHat 6.2 but not in 7.1. Could the be anything
>that have blocked the connection.

Mike, are you going to ever tell us what version of Netatalk you're using?
Have you looked for netatalk error messages in /var/log/messages? Anyway,
I'll take a shot at your problem.

If I remember correctly, Redhat 7 stopped loading the AppleTalk module by
default. See if this fixes the problem. As root, do:

[root@linux]# insmod appletalk
[root@linux]# /etc/init.d/atalk restart

Once it's done reloading, see if it behaves normally now. If this fixes it,
then you can solve this problem permanently by adding the following line to
/etc/modules.conf:

alias net-pf-5 appletalk

Good luck,

Steve