Subject: Problem with recopying folders

From: Ian Tomkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 14:58:25 +0000

If I copy a folder with a file in onto a netatalk volume from a Mac 
(OS9.1), then delete the folder on the server (at a shell prompt) and 
then try to copy the same folder back on to the volume with the Mac I 
get the error 'The item "<file in folder>" cannot be written, because it 
cannot be found.'

If I remount the volume with the Mac I can copy the folder again.

I am using the noadouble option on the volume so copying on the folders 
is not causing the creation of .AppleDouble folders

Can anyone make any suggestions.

Environment:
Netatalk 1.5.1.1 on Redhat Linux 7.1 and 7.2 on Intel
Macintosh G3 MacOS 9.1

PS This is causing me particular problems because I am using netatalk to 
make 'hot folders' available to Mac users, ie stuff gets automatically 
removed from the folder on the server which then does something useful 
with it.

_____________________________________________________________________
Internet Security by Keyfort  www.keyfort.co.uk
This message has been checked by MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service