Subject: TCP/IP not working

From: Eric Long <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:59:51 -0600

I'm running FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE, recompiled the kernel with netatalk
support, and installed netatalk 1.4b2 from the ports collection.

AppleTalk works, AppleTalk via TCP/IP does not.  When clicking the "Server
IP Address..." button in the chooser on any mac, it cannot connect via
TCP/IP when entering any one of the ip's the FreeBSD box uses.

Any suggestions as to where the problem is?

-Eric

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 08:27:45 -0800 (PST)

> Any suggestions as to where the problem is?

What do you see in your syslogs when netatalk starts up?  Is afpd binding
to an IP address?

	Andy

---

From: Brennan Stehling <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:45:04 -0600 (CST)

Do you have the asun version?  What exact version are you running?

Brennan Stehling - software developer and system administrator
  my projects: 
       home.offwhite.net (free personal hosting)
       www.greasydaemon.com (bsd search)
       beta.mymilwaukee.com (initial mockup)
       beta.sncalumni.com (initial mockup)