Subject: Can't connect from OSX10.1

From: Bruno LEDOUX <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 15:42:41 +0100

Hi all,

Thanks to information found on this list I was able to build and install
1.5pre8 on RH7.1. It is working fairly well with old mac clients running
OS9.0.4 or OS8.6 but I can't manage to connect to the linux box from OSX
10.1: I can browse network and see the linux box, I can select it and enter
login/password to I shows me the list of shared disk but when I try to mount
one it fails. 

Any hints ?

bruno

---

From: Leland Wallace <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:33:21 -0800

Hi Bruno,
  From the terminal in Mac OS X type:
   setenv AFP_DEBUG_LEVEL 8
   mkdir /Volumes/volname
  /sbin/mount -t afp afp://username:password@servername/volume 
/Volumes/volname

replacing username, password, servername, volume, and volname with your 
local names
The command should spew vast amounts of debugging info, send me the 
output (be sure to
x out the password before posting ;-) and I'll see what I can do.

Leland
AppleShare Client Lead

> login/password to I shows me the list of shared disk but when I try to 
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leland Wallace           Working in            AppleShare Engineering
[email-masked]    but not speaking for      Apple Computer Inc.
http://www2.inow.com/~randall
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Henry Zeringue <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:15:31 -0600

I too am having trouble "connecting" under OSX 10.1 to netatalk 
1.5pre2-6 on RH7.1

I when I try to use the dialog box connector I get disconnected after 
choosing the volume to connect to.

>  /sbin/mount -t afp afp://username:password@servername/volume 

I just tried the above command and I connected fine (I can go into my 
/Volumes/volname directory and view my files on the server).

So how do I get OSX 10.1 to recognize this as another mounted volume on 
my computer? Presently I can only see it through the terminal window, if 
I open up a new finder, it doesn't show up as a mounted volume.

Thanks for all the great work with this program. My lab has been relying 
on netatalk for almost 2 years now for data retrieval, sharing and 
backup.

--------------------------------------------------------
Henry 'Gripp' Zeringue	Home:	(608)260-8098
Biomedical Engineering	Mobile:	(608)239-2168
1410 Engineering Dr.	Office:	(608)262-8212
Madison, WI 53706-1608	Lab:	(608)262-3013
[email-masked]	Fax:	(608)265-9239
---------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Henry Zeringue <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:18:57 -0600

Sorry, just realized I posted an OSX question to the group. My 
apologies .