Subject: Permissions problems again...

From: Jason Quigley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 23:03:09 +0200

Hi!

Does anybody know of a workaround for this:

Sep  6 22:40:21 vulcan afpd[2828]: stickydirmode: chmod
".AppleDouble/.Parent": Operation not permitted
Sep  6 22:40:21 vulcan afpd[2828]: stickydirmode: chmod ".AppleDouble":
Operation not permitted
Sep  6 22:40:38 vulcan afpd[2828]: stickydirmode: chmod
".AppleDouble/.Parent": Operation not permitted
Sep  6 22:40:38 vulcan afpd[2828]: stickydirmode: chmod ".AppleDouble":
Operation not permitted
Sep  6 22:49:40 vulcan afpd[2828]: stickydirmode: chmod
".AppleDouble/.Parent": Operation not permitted
Sep  6 22:49:40 vulcan afpd[2828]: stickydirmode: chmod ".AppleDouble":
Operation not permitted

I am using 1.5pre6 on FreeBSD 4.2?

Whenever a new folder is created on a share, I get a message saying that the
folder could not be created because I have insufficient privileges. The
folder is created anyway but when I look at it from a terminal I see that
the setgid bit is not set. Even if I run netatalk as setuid root, this
problem occurs. 

I vaguely remember somebody mentioning a fix for this (or a workaround) a
long long time ago.

I'm at the point of writing a cron job that fixes up the permissions but
this is a nasty hack which won't fix this particular problem - it'll keep
all the permissions nice and tidy, though.

Please help my failing memory! :-)

Jason.

---

From: Benjamin Boksa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 23:40:01 +0200

I have a vague memory as well...

I think it had something to do with the rights of the parent folder.

Sorry I can't help you more, but there might be some infomration in the mail
archive...

Regards,

Benne

-- 
Benjamin Boksa
[email-masked]

side by site GmbH & Co. KG
Druckgestaltung & Webdesign

Barbarastr. 3-9 (Block 6)
D-50735 Koeln

Telefon: +49 221 2790964
Telefax: +49 221 2790965

http://www.sidebysite.de/