Subject: limitsize Problem - please help

From: Andrei Verovski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:41:28 +0200

Hi,

I have posted this meesage before but still did not get receipt how to 
solve this headache.

I have a problem with Netatalk 1.5 from SuSE 7.3. In short, in order old 
Macs (with 7.x, 8.1) get working with 40 GB shared volume NETATALK should 
report that share size is only 2 GB, otherwise old Mac recognizes 22 MB 
folder with a lot of small files as being over 400 MB (old MacOS does  
understands only volumes with fixed number of sectors).

NETATALK has an option called limitsize, however, I have been unable to 
get it working. I have tried "~  option:limitisize", "~  
limitsize:2048000000", "~  option:limitisize:2048000000". Tilde ("~") 
means user-home-dir sharing by default.

I have removed all other options, but it does not seem working anyway. It 
seems this options is just being ignored (or may be I have used wrong 
syntax?).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Andrei