Subject: Re: That old alias thing again

From: "Bryn Hughes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:19:20 -0700

What is the process for upgrading from an old version?  Assuming it wasn't installed using RPM...  

Bryn

----------------------------------------------
Bryn Hughes
Macintosh Tech Support
Information and Computing Services
Vancouver Community College

email:[email-masked]
ph: (604) 443-8702
Urgent: (604) 871-7007

>>> jeff <[email-masked]> - 8/27/01 6:38 AM >>>
Lee Blevins wrote:

>>A probable solution would involve another set of netatalk owned files,
>>more configuration, another server daemon, a lot of work and in the
>>beginning surely more user frustration compared to the few who actually
>>complain about alias problems now. I don't know anything about the
>>development resources but can imagine that arguments are there ...
> 
> So for those of us in proffessional prepress netatalk remains just a
> curiosity and not a contender for a file server.

I understand your doubts about netatalk, but we're currently finishing 
up a possible solution for the persistent alias problem that netatalk 
has been having, which will be ready for the 1.5 release. Grab the CVS 
version from sourceforge and submit some bug reports if you can.

Thanks,
Jeff