Subject: netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4 on Solaris 8 broadcast timeout

From: Xiaping Lin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 12:45:33 +1000

Hi,

On SUN Enterprise server running Solaris8, I installed the pre-compiled
abovementioned
tar ball (solaris8-TCP.tar.gz) of Tim Carlson from

ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/unix/netatalk/

Everything works well, except I can not see the server in Mac's Chooser.
The server name seems
dropped out every 13 minutes or so. The server name will show up the
Chooser if I do "nbplkup".
I have to do "nbplkup" constently in order to keep server name in the
Chooser.

The ddp kernel driver seems installed fine. /etc/config, /etc/services,
etc have been modified according to README file.

Following is the netatalk related syslog messages when machine boots up.

What does "incompatible w/ Solaris STREAMS module." means? Is this the
problem?

Nov  7 09:56:40 ddp: [ID 772870 kern.info] netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.4
Nov  7 09:57:27 atalkd[1190]: [ID 441591 user.info] plumbed /dev/ge0
Nov  7 09:57:27 atalkd[1191]: [ID 602610 daemon.info] restart
(1.4b2+asun2.1.4)
Nov  7 09:57:27 atalkd[1191]: [ID 430690 daemon.info] setsockopt
incompatible w/ Solaris ST
REAMS module.
Nov  7 09:57:29  last message repeated 1 time
Nov  7 09:57:29 atalkd[1191]: [ID 875075 daemon.info] zip_getnetinfo for
ge0
Nov  7 09:57:47  last message repeated 2 times
Nov  7 09:57:57 atalkd[1191]: [ID 877925 daemon.info] config for no
router
Nov  7 09:57:59 atalkd[1191]: [ID 430690 daemon.info] setsockopt
incompatible w/ Solaris ST
REAMS module.
Nov  7 09:57:59 atalkd[1191]: [ID 128247 daemon.info] ready 0/0/0
Nov  7 09:58:12 papd[1207]: [ID 602610 lpr.info] restart
(1.4b2+asun2.1.4)

I don't have SUN C compiler, so, can't compile the ddp kernel drive
myself.
Is there any other pre-compiled netatalk for Solaris 8 somewhere that I
can try out?

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

--
Xiaping Lin