Subject: Access priveleges

From: "Miller.Jonathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:17:25 -0500

Has anyone had a problem writing files to directories when you should have
sufficient access to do so?  I have a world-writable directory (according to my
RH Linux 6.2 box) that's in a netatalk-shared directory.  But even though the
directory is mod 777 (and I can write a file using SMB from my NT box), I can an
access privelege error when trying to copy from Mac OS 9.2 and (I think) 8.6.  

As I said, it's RH 6.2, and I'm pretty sure I've got netatalk v1.4.  Any
thoughts?

Thanks,
Jon

Jonathan Miller
Bioinformatics System Administrator
NIEHS MicroArray Center (ITSS)

---

From: Thomas Schierle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:58:01 +0100

> As I said, it's RH 6.2, and I'm pretty sure I've got netatalk v1.4.  Any

Check if the hidden Apple special folders (.AppleDouble, .AppleDesktop etc)
are world writeable, too. I'm not at my Linux box right now, but if memory
doesn't fail, those folders are written to as the logged in user.

-- 
Thomas Schierle, Munich, Germany

PGP key [DSS/DH] 0xA23CDA1D available at various public key servers