Subject: solaris 8 + netatalk 1.5pre6 + gcc

From: Paul Krohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 14:40:33 -0700 (PDT)

Has anyone had any luck with this combination? here's what i did:

./configure  --with-shadow --disable-ddp
gmake 
gmake install

here's my afpd.conf:
- -noddp -uamlist uams_dhx.so,uams_guest.so

in /usr/local/etc/uams, i have: 
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         18 Apr 19 10:21 uams_dhx.so -> 
uams_dhx_passwd.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other     222636 Apr 19 09:32 uams_dhx_passwd.so
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         18 May  8 11:15 uams_passwd.so -> uams_dhx

afpd starts without complaint. When I try to connect from my Mac, I get a message 
about 'The UAM required by this server couldn't be found in the System Folder 
...'.

When I start afpd with -d, nothing is printed to stdout; no messaged are logged 
to /var/log/syslog or /var/adm/messages, whether started with -d or not.

Thanks, of course, in advance.

--
'If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail'