Subject: DID conflict?

From: Charles Mangin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:31:16 -0400

looking into why my server reset connections over the weekend, i came 
upon this entry in /var/log/messages from last week:

Sep 18 00:31:13 localhost afpd[8360]: WARNING: DID conflict for 
'untitled folder' and 'Temporary Items'. Are these the same file? 
Sep 18 00:31:14 localhost afpd[8360]: WARNING: DID conflict for 
'Trash Can #2' and 'Temporary Items'. Are these the same file?
Sep 18 00:31:45 localhost last message repeated 428 times
Sep 18 00:32:46 localhost last message repeated 1046 times
Sep 18 00:33:47 localhost last message repeated 1030 times
Sep 18 00:34:48 localhost last message repeated 1038 times
Sep 18 00:35:49 localhost last message repeated 1032 times
...

it goes on for a while in this manner

does anybody have more information about what this DID conflict is, 
and how i can clear it up? i see a reference in the mail archive, but 
no mention of exactly how to fix it.

my system is redhat 7.1 with a recent 1.5pre (5? 6? *is* there a 
atalkd -v or something?) if that makes any difference.