Subject: codepage support in Netatalk-1.5

From: Patrik Emilsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 13:03:14 +0200

I'm new to this group and don't know if this topic has been discussed
before.
Does anybody know if the codepage option works in AppleVolumes.default
I want to use swedish characters, I have tryed to put
codepage:maccode.iso8859-1 in the file but no conversion happens. A
small a with a circle become 0x8C
I have tryed both 1.5pre2-6 and pre6-1rh7 with the same result.
I have Samba running on this machine and that one works fine with
iso8859-1.
I'm using RH7.1 on a i586 machine.

thanks for help
Patrik

---

From: Mac Conin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 15:29:23 +0200

Hmm,

as a german we are only (mostly) interested in the umlauts.
What I've noticed is that other characters e.g. the TradeMark are not
supported from the iso8859-1

I've tried the å resulting in a '?' in the filesystem.
cd ? gives me a path like that /data/å

hmm

-- 
--schnipp-- 

mit freundlichen grüssen

-----------------------------------------------------------
Mac Conin                        EUC Online Service GmbH
Geschäftsführer                  Taubengasse 9
[email-masked]                    D 50676 Koeln
http://www.euc.de                HRB Köln 32038
tel : +49-221-923 27 33          fax : +49-221-239 651
-----------------------------------------------------------
EUC sponsort Clean up Cologne - eine Iniative der IHK Köln,
der Abfallwirtschaftsbetriebe Köln (AWB) und dem
Grünflächenamt der Stadt Köln. http://www.clean-up-cologne.de

---

From: Frank Joerdens <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 16:06:26 +0200

> supported from the iso8859-1

Did you manage to get the mswindos option to work as well with a 1.5x
version? I didn't, with either a 1.4x or 1.5x version. Mac users can
still create filenames that are forbidden on Windows machines . . . 

Frank

---

From: Patrik Emilsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 21:19:32 +0200

> still create filenames that are forbidden on Windows machines . . .

No I didn't manage.

/Patrik

---

From: Frank Joerdens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 10:37:00 +0200

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 10:16:37AM +0200, Nikolas Hagelstein wrote:
> Hi,
> I am running  the 1.5pre3 with codepage patch  in a mac /windows

Where's the patch from? Can you provide a URL?

> environment...
> MSWINDOWS options is enabled...and i works well....

Oh, cool. I gotta try again then. The last time I tried was about 6
months ago and then it didn't work (which is why I am still running
1.4x).

Cheers, Frank