Subject: Re: SOLVED: FreeBSD - Building 1.5pre3...

From: Jason Quigley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 23:09:10 +0100

Hi David!

Just place the attached file into /usr/include/

I originally got this from the FreeBSD CVS web interface.

One thing I have noticed, though: I was having problems creating folders on
the network. I would get an error stating that I hadn't the privilege to
create it. As has happened to many people, the folder was created anyway.
The main problem is is that this makes copies bomb out which have files or
folders within folders, etc.

With 1.5pre4, this went away. Aha, great I thought! Only problem was,
copying any file onto the network would give me an error saying that it
could not be copied because it was locked!

I compiled netatalk-1.4.99-0.20001108 and this runs fine. I can create
folders and copy files without any trouble.

Anyway, this is my last message of the day. Time for beer. Lots of lovely
beer!

Good luck!!

Cheers,
Jason.

On 2/3/01 22:18, "David Miller" wrote:

> How did you finally resolve the missing crypt.h problem?  I'm trying to
> build on OpenBSD and am running into the same thing.
> 
> 
> David Miller
> Systems Administrator
> Department of Design
> Department of Art
> The Ohio State University
> 
> ph: 614.688.5907
> fx:  614.292.0217
>