Subject: Files not being locked when in use by more than one person

From: "Kevin M. Myer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 18:24:00 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Running netatalk-1.5pre3 on RedHat Linux 6.2, x86.  We have encountered a
problem that has already caused us some problems.  User 1 opens an Excel
spreadsheet and begins to work.  User 2 opens the same Excel spreadsheet,
does work, saves works and clobbers work done by User 1.  With AppleShare
IP, if the file was already open by User 1, then User 2 received an
message that the file was in use and was read-only to them.  Is this not
implimented in someway in netatalk?  If not, it seems there is a big
potential for clobbering someone else's work and never knowing about
it.  Are there any known workarounds for this problem?

Thanks,

Kevin

-- 
Kevin M. Myer
Systems Administrator
Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13
(717)-560-6140