Subject: mounting multiples shares

From: Karen A Swanberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 17:48:19 -0500 (CDT)

It used to be that I could set my /usr/local/etc/netatalk/
AppleVolumes.default file to read:

~
/home/public

and when I logged in as a non-guest user, I could choose which of those
drives to mount. And I could mount them both at the same time if I
wished. This (as of at least pre7) no longer works. If I want to move
files from one volume to another on the mac, I have to copy them down to
the local hard drive, and then back up. Is this a change in configuration,
or did the code change somehow to disallow this?

I realize that I can fix this by putting an .AppleVolumes file in the
user's home directory, but it used to be that everything in the system
AppleVolume.default would apply to everyone.

The directories in question are:

#pwd
/home

1 drwxrwxrwx   2 geology   guest  512 Sep 26 15:00 public
1 drwxr-xr-x   3 swanberg  staff  512 Oct  4 14:35 swanberg

I've also tried changing my system AppleVolumes.default to be this:

~ allow:swanberg,geology
/home/public allow:swanberg,geology

but that doesn't work either.

Also, it would be nice to have a sample default line in
AppleVolumes.default, commented out, like there is in afpd.conf. I realize
realize it's in the man page, though.

Thanks,

Karen

-                                                                  -
    Karen Swanberg | Sys Admin | Dept. of Geology and Geophysics    
206 Pillsbury Hall | 310 Pillsbury Ave. SE | University of Minnesota
     Minneapolis, MN 55455  (612) 624-6541  (612) 625-3819 (f)

              * <---- Tribble   . <--- Tribble.tgz