Subject: Netatalk 1.4b (configuring printer)

From: "Moe Hans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:13:41 -0800

Hi ,

    I have installed netatalk1.4b on a Solaris 7 m/c. We installed some
network printer using "HP  JetDirect Printer Installer for UNIX" on that
Solaris m/c. How can I made these printer available to mac m/cs. Our PCs
running MS windows are using these printers through Samba. Can any one
send me the procedure for how I can made these printer available to m/cs.

Thanks

Moe Hans
Network Administrator
Information & Education Technology
Kwantlen University College , BC , Canada
Phone 604-599-2115
 www.kwantlen.bc.ca   |

---

From: "S.Barbaresi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:40:02 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I'm failing to login to a netatalk server from a Mac desktop via
"Registered User". However "Guest" works. What I see in syslog is:

Feb  1 09:31:47 steffigraf afpd[11561]: [ID 511611 daemon.error]
atp_rresp: Connection timed out
Feb  1 09:31:57 steffigraf afpd[11561]: [ID 505962 daemon.error] afp_die:
asp_shutdown: Connection timed out

the source was compiled with:

	./configure  --with-shadow --prefix=/usr/local/atalk
            --exec-prefix=/usr/local/

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanking you in advance,

Sim

S.Barbaresi 					E-mail [email-masked]
Computing Centre, UWB 				Tel (44) (01)248 382403 (ddi)
Sackville Road 					Fax (44) (01)248 383826 (ddi)
Bangor, Gwynedd LL57 1LD, UK