Subject: uams failing

From: "Keith Baker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:25:51 -0500

Thanks to this list I got the sourceforge source to compile.1.4.99...  It
was erroring with -lcrypto...  I noticed that there was also -lcrypt and
figured they might be an attempt to get libraries of the same veriety...

> ld -shared  -o uams_dhx_passwd.so
>
ams_dhx_passwd.o -lcrypto -lrpcsvc -lresolv -lnsl -ldl -ldb -lcrypt  -lpam
> -lwrap
> ld: cannot find -lcrypto

I noticed durring the compile that other things were using -lcrypto and were
compiling correctly so I think I may have been wrong.  But...  things
compiled happily after this.  When I went to try and use the authentication
modules my Mac was yelling about unsuported UAM.  I hunted around and found
the DHX UAM from apple.  This didn't help.  Oh yeah...  I was trying to use
DHX only (uams_dhx_pam.so)...  Also note that it works fine with
uams_clrtxt.so...  So I poked through my logs and noticed that low and
behold uams_dhx_pam.so was failing!  doh!

papd[25717]: uam_load(uams_dhx_pam.so): failed to load.
papd[25717]: /etc/atalk/uams/uams_dhx_pam.so: undefined symbol: BN_bin2bn

afpd was getting similar errors

I am guessing that having ssl in /usr/local/ssl has something to do with it
(the shared libs aren't available?)
Any help?

---

From: Angelko Krstanovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:13:58 -0800 (PST)

for failing uams, try compiling afpd with -rdynamic. i did it
on freebsd4.2 and uams started loading fine.

-angelko