Subject: Netatalk can work with OS X final - the old versions

From: David <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 15:51:51 -0400

All interested:

I've used a few different old versions and they all seem to work. 
Specifically I am using "netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4-0.i386.rpm" which 
seemed to be the newest version I could find that actually worked.  I 
used RPMfind.net to locate it.  You may know about these old 
versions, they are missing some fairly useful features such as DHX 
authentication.  To get two-way encrypted passwords, you have to have 
a .passwd file in each user's home directory that is chmod 0700 and 
owned by the user.

David Shaub

---

From: Chad Cunningham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 22:08:49 -0400 (EDT)

This *almost* works for me... It connects fine and I can copy files
around, but if I try and copy a file to it I get an error that says

"The operation cannot be completed because one or more required items
could not be found (Error code -43)"

It copies ok, but type and creator info isn't working...

-- 

Chad Cunningham
[email-masked]

"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two-headed beast. One
head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences,...but the
other head of science is bad! Oh beware the other head of science, Arthur, it
bites!"

---

From: Vic Landi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 08:40:34 -0500

I too use an older version that works OK...

netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4-7.i386.rpm

> From: David <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 15:51:51 -0400
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Netatalk can work with OS X final - the old versions
> Resent-From: [email-masked]
> Resent-Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 15:58:19 -0400 (EDT)
> 
> All interested:
>