Subject: any word on OSX compatability?

From: Chad Cunningham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 14:17:46 -0500 (EST)

I tried RC2, and when I try to connect to the server, I get the message 
"No file services available at the URL afp://mathserv. Try again later or 
try a different URL (server returned error -1)". The server log says:

Dec 26 14:16:33 mathserv afpd[1934]: refused connect from 128.146.110.175
Dec 26 14:16:33 mathserv afpd[1934]: dsi_getsess: Connection refused

Any ideas? Works fine from an OS9 client.

-- 

Chad Cunningham
[email-masked]

"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two-headed beast. One
head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences,...but the 
other head of science is bad! Oh beware the other head of science, Arthur, it 
bites!"

---

From: Chad Cunningham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 14:43:02 -0500 (EST)

Doh, tcpwrappers :)

-- 

Chad Cunningham

---

From: "Marvin Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 12:20:51 -0600

I think I am on my last hurddle incorporating a Linux document server for
our OS X / MM school network.

On previous Linux servers, when I created a user, with a home directory, and
made sure the user was a member of the group which was assigned to the home
directory, the directory would show up as a sharepoint when the user logged
in with the chooser.  The sharepoint does not appear on this server for some
reason even though, I believe, that all of my AppleTalk configuration files
are identical to the ones that work.  I assume that I am overlooking a
config file but I have no ideas left on where to look.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 14:06:22 -0500 (EST)

Marvin,

Apologies if someone else has already suggested this, but is the last line
of your AppleVolumes.default file a tilde (~) on a line by itself? I
believe this is the directive that shares homedirs, and if you're a vi
user like me, this can sometimes get missed: vi displays empty lines
between the end of a file and the bottom of your terminal with a single
tilde in each.

Best,

-sth

--
Sam Hooker
Computer Audio/WWW Services
hbc, LLC
(802)846-1845
www.hbconcoctions.com

---

From: "Marvin Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 15:42:35 -0600

The (~) is there.  In fact I tried it both with the (~) and without.