Subject: OS X

From: Ryan Cassin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 06:34:12 -0500

Hi all,

Quick question: does netatalk build on OS X, and if it does how can I build
it? I was looking through the archives of this mailing list only to find a
lot of discussion about why netatalk might be necessary on OS X, no real
instructions.

I want to use netatalk on OS X because I need to run some OS X applications,
but want to have more than 10 clients connect to me using appleshare. Unless
I buy the full-blown OS X Server, I'm limited to only 10 connections at
once.

Thanks in advance.

-- 
Ryan Cassin
[email-masked]

---

From: Eagle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:25:12 -0500

Hi Ryan.

In my spare time, I'm working on porting macipgw to Mac OS X.  Part of 
this includes getting netatalk compiled on OS X.  I haven't tried the 
latter, because I've been studying the former, but will let you know on 
my progress if you like.

Eagle

---

From: Matthew Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Feb 2002 10:45:05 -0500

In my very elementary trials w/ older versions of Netatalk, I have
gotten it to build but the UAMs wouldn't work, thus I couldn't
authenticate. I haven't tried very hard, however.

-- 

Matthew Keller
Enterprise System Analyst
Computing & Technology Services
Information Services Division
State University of NY at Potsdam
Potsdam, NY USA

http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/