Subject: Newbie Question - AT broadcast, but ASIP connection?

From: Stephen VanPelt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 17:48:45 -0400

Hello there,

I've seen this happen on a K-Ashare server (this is a Unix product by 
Xinet), but I'm not sure if there's a way to make this happen using 
netatalk, and I'm hoping somewhere here can tell me.

I'd like for someone to see my server show up in their Appletalk zone, yet 
when they double-click on the server, I'd like it to connect over IP, 
rather than the default DDP connection.  I sense this is not a client-side 
setting, because I've got a netatalk server, and when I pick it in the 
chooser (rather than typing the IP in). it connects over Appletalk. 
However, I connect to a campus K-Ashare server by picking it in the 
chooser, and it connects over AppleShare IP.

Is there a way that I can broadcast in the zone, yet broadcast that I'm an 
Appleshare IP server?

Stephen VanPelt
Information Technology Consultant
MUSC Center for Drug and Alcohol Programs
PH: 843-792-5558 Internet:   [email-masked]

__________________BEGIN FOOTER___________________
**The Views Expressed by the Author of this Message are not **
**necessarily those of the Medical University of South Carolina**