Subject: strange thing

From: Janovszki Levente <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 20:20:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

We use Linux  & netatalk for file services and have 'little' problems.

1. problem:

When the user make a dir and than put a file in it and later try to
overwrite or delete the file than the Mac give back a -1072 error code
after a delay, the server TCP connection close.

In syslog I see:

Aug  5 19:05:01 linuxszerver afpd[22822]: ASIP session:548(1) from
192.168.108.18:49153(2)
Aug  5 19:08:32 linuxszerver afpd[22787]: server_child[1] 22822 exited 1
Aug  5 19:12:20 linuxszerver afpd[22830]: ASIP session:548(1) from
192.168.108.10:49227(2)
Aug  5 19:12:20 linuxszerver afpd[22787]: server_child[1] 22830 done
Aug  5 19:12:22 linuxszerver afpd[22831]: ASIP session:548(1) from
192.168.108.10:49228(2)
Aug  5 19:12:29 linuxszerver afpd[22834]: ASIP session:548(1) from
192.168.108.18:49154(2)
Aug  5 19:12:29 linuxszerver afpd[22787]: server_child[1] 22834 done
Aug  5 19:12:33 linuxszerver afpd[22835]: ASIP session:548(1) from
192.168.108.18:49155(2)
Aug  5 19:20:25 linuxszerver afpd[22787]: server_child[1] 22835 exited 1
Aug  5 19:22:17 linuxszerver afpd[22858]: ASIP session:548(1) from
192.168.108.18:49156(2)
Aug  5 19:22:17 linuxszerver afpd[22787]: server_child[1] 22858 done

the permissions 775 for dirs, and 774 for files at the Volumes.

2. problem:

Sometimes we have to reboot the Macs and log in again to see the files on
the (Linux) volumes,why??? 

Netatalk version: 1.4b2+asun2.1.3-6

Please help !
 
Regards,
Levente
 | Levente Janovszki  | Bekes County Library          JUST 4 lines 4 U |
 | e-mail:[email-masked] | Bekescsaba, Derkovits sor 1. HUNGARY Zip: 5600 |
 | Linux. Just use it |     *    The operating system collapsed    *   |
 | w/o fear of panic: |     *            OK    Cancel              *   |