Subject: compile problem 1.5pre8 on SUSE 7.1

From: Thomas Baumann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 09:33:38 -0000

I performed a 

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/atalk --datadir=/etc/atalk
--bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sharedstatedir=/etc/atalk
--mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info
--program-transform-name=atalk --enable-shared=yes --enable-static=yes
--enable-afs --enable-suse --enable-fhs --with-pam --with-ssl-dir=/usr
--with-shadow --with-tcp-wrappers --with-did=last --with-flock-locks
--with-msg-dir=/etc/atalk/msg

which worke fine.

but when trying to perform a

make

it produces following error:

afs.c:18: afs/venus.h: No such file or directory
afs.c:19: afs/afsint.h: No such file or directory
make[4]: *** [afs.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/inst/netatalk-1.5pre8/etc/afpd'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/inst/netatalk-1.5pre8/etc/afpd'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/inst/netatalk-1.5pre8/etc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/inst/netatalk-1.5pre8'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2                  

Does anybody has an Idea, where I can find afs/venus.h etc. ?
Or who can provide me an rpm for suse 7.1 (or can tell me how to produce a
rpm in suse style)

thank you all

thomas

---

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 02:14:11 -0800

> Or who can provide me an rpm for suse 7.1 (or can tell me how to produce a

Looks like you need the afs-devel package. You might try what's found here:

http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena/system/afsuser/sipb-dist/linux/

Steve