Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Mac::AppleSingleDouble.pm 1.0 released (it's a Perl module)

From: Jamie Flournoy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 14:29:37 -0800

I run netatalk and needed to do some file management on the server side
using Finder info... so I wrote this Perl module to help. It makes it
easy to examine a given AppleSingle or AppleDouble formatted file and to
get at the Mac metadata.

------------------
You can find this module at your local CPAN mirror (see
http://www.perl.com/CPAN for details).

The uploaded file

    Mac-AppleSingleDouble-1.0.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/J/JF/JFLOURNOY/Mac-AppleSingleDouble-1.0.tar.gz

  size: 16047 bytes
   md5: 96343f4314905602f96e379baa25996f

---

From: Chris <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Feb 2002 12:38:47 -0800

I finally got a cd burner working on my linux box, and am interested in
writing a script that goes through and sets all of the directories to a
standard list view if I insert the disk into a mac (I'm burning in iso
format).  Other than the obvious effiency benefits of scripting things,
rather than doing them by hand, some of the directories have WAY more
than the mac's max-character limit (not an issue after they're burnt
since the mac only reads the small names from the iso) and I can't see
some of the directories via netatalk.

I ran across this old posting and its mention of the nifty perl module,
but it doesn't seem to have anything for dealing with the .Parent files
used for storing this information.  Has anyone else out there ever
messed with this info?

-Chris