Subject: patch for mswindows option to netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3

From: Frank Joerdens <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 17:25:39 +0100

The codepage support still seems to be broken in 1.5pre3 (interestingly,
it complains if it can't find the nls directory, so it _is_ looking for
the codepage . . . but somehow it doesn't get applied). The mswindows
option does work, though, in that I can't rename folders so as to
contain ???, for instance. I am using netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 with a SuSE
specific patch, where the codepage support works, but where I don't have
the mswindows option. I am wondering, does anyone have a patch to
include the mswindows option into this version?

Cheers, Frank

---

From: Donald Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 12:57:34 -0600

>include the mswindows option into this version?

When I built my netatalk, I had trouble with the part opf the makefile
that built the nls stuff.  I found that if you built from a clean
un-tar of the package, it would build fine, but if you ran it a second time
it would fail.  I don't remember the details, but as I recall, the makefile
that built some of this stuff didn't re-do one of its steps if the file
already existed.

As I recall, this was my fix:

(etc/afpd/nls/Makefile)

SRC = makecode.c parsecode.c
OBJ = makecode.o parsecode.o

INCPATH= -I../../../include
CFLAGS= ${DEFS} ${OPTOPTS} ${INCPATH}

all:: parsecode makecode

parsecode: parsecode.o
        ${CC} ${CFLAGS} ${LDFLAGS} parsecode.o -o parsecode

makecode: makecode.o
        ${CC} ${CFLAGS} ${LDFLAGS} makecode.o -o makecode

install:
        ./makecode		# <<< ADD THIS LINE ***************
        -mkdir ${RESDIR}/nls
        ${INSTALL} -m 644 maccode.* ${RESDIR}/nls

clean:
        rm -f *.o
        rm -f makecode parsecode

-dgl-

---

From: jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:45:20 -0500

> that built some of this stuff didn't re-do one of its steps if the file

The fix mentioned below has been applied to the CVS tree, applied to
etc/afpd/nls/Makefile.am

Thanks for reporting this.
jeff