Subject: Netatalk help

From: Brian Curtis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:18:14 -0500

I am having troubles getting Netatalk 1.4b2 to work on my new system.  I am
extremely new to Linux I was able to get apple talk up and running the first
day I had the server, everything was working well and I was excited.  The
real test was wiping the drive and doing it again.  So I wiped my drive and
reinstalled Red Hat 7.2 and now for the life of me I can not get the Linux
box on the Apple talk network.

I have followed directions for www.anders.com <www.anders.com>  and
www.linuxdocs.com <www.linuxdocs.com>  and to no avail.  I start the service
and I get no error messages.  

Can someone with some experience with Netatalk help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Brian Curtis

Information Technology Manager
Red-Wire
Kelliher Samets Volk
802.862.8261

---

From: Wes Yates <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:54:44 -0500

>I am having troubles getting Netatalk 1.4b2 to work on my new 
>system.  I am extremely new to Linux I was able to get apple talk up 
>and running the first day I had the server, everything was working 
>well and I was excited.  The real test was wiping the drive and 
>doing it again.  So I wiped my drive and reinstalled Red Hat 7.2 and 
>now for the life of me I can not get the Linux box on the Apple talk 
>network.
>
>I have followed directions for <>www.anders.com and 
><>www.linuxdocs.com and to no avail.  I start the service and I get 
>no error messages. 
>

did you install from RPM? or compile? Netatalk is really simple to 
install and get running. the netatalk.conf is, IMHO, the most widely 
used config file, besides the AppleVolumes.default.

I usually compile and compile with PAM, tcp-wrappers, openSSL(?). How 
do you have it configured now?

-Wes
-- 

-Wes Yates
[email-masked]
wesyates.homeip.net

The opinions stated in this email are not necessarily those of the 
League of Anti-Semitic Jews.