Subject: RE: Netatalk help

From: Brian Curtis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:56:02 -0500

I compiled it.  Does installing from an RPM work better?  My config
defaulted with PAM support which I left alone and I believe Red Hat 7.2 has
TCPWrappers pre-installed.  I honestly don't know what Open SSL is, maybe
that is my problem.
 
Thank you,

Brian Curtis 

Information Technology Manager 
Red-Wire 
Kelliher Samets Volk 
802.862.8261 

-----Original Message-----
From: Wes Yates [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 10:55 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Netatalk help

I am having troubles getting Netatalk 1.4b2 to work on my new system.  I am
extremely new to Linux I was able to get apple talk up and running the first
day I had the server, everything was working well and I was excited.  The
real test was wiping the drive and doing it again.  So I wiped my drive and
reinstalled Red Hat 7.2 and now for the life of me I can not get the Linux
box on the Apple talk network.

I have followed directions for www.anders.com and www.linuxdocs.com and to
no avail.  I start the service and I get no error messages. 

Can someone with some experience with Netatalk help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Brian Curtis

Information Technology Manager
Red-Wire
Kelliher Samets Volk
802.862.8261

did you install from RPM? or compile? Netatalk is really simple to install
and get running. the netatalk.conf is, IMHO, the most widely used config
file, besides the AppleVolumes.default.

I usually compile and compile with PAM, tcp-wrappers, openSSL(?). How do you
have it configured now?

-Wes
-- 

-Wes Yates
[email-masked]
wesyates.homeip.net

The opinions stated in this email are not necessarily those of the League of
Anti-Semitic Jews.