Subject: FW: Ntimelord

From: Yanik RUCHAT <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:33:37 +0200

I compiled and installed Netatalk which works very well.

I downloaded and compiled the ntimelord-1.0 too, thinking that it was a time
server which works with with the standard "Date and time" TCP/IP programm
which is included in the recent versions of MacOS.

I want to know if what I said is right.

I ran the compiled file timelord but it doesn't seem to word like I suppose.

What must I do? If this software does't update date and time of the Mac what
is the use of it? And if it is not that kind of soft, where can I find a
soft which could do what I want?

I didn't find doc anywhere about ntimelord...

Thank you,

Yanik

---

From: Matthew Geier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 20:49:36 +1000

> which is included in the recent versions of MacOS.

 8.6 and later have a standard ntp client. What you want is not timelord
but ntpd

 Some routers have ntp servers in them. You might already have a ntp
server on your
network.