Subject: aclocal: configure.in: 23: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library

From: "Troy R. Baldwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:26:53 -0500 (CDT)

Anyone else getting this error from the CVS version of netatalk?

aclocal: configure.in: 23: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Troy R. Baldwin

---

From: Sebastian Rittau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 21:52:06 +0200

> aclocal: configure.in: 23: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library

Which version of autoconf are you using? 2.13 or 2.50? Which version
of automake? Do you have libtool installed?

 - Sebastian

---

From: "Troy R. Baldwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:07:56 -0500 (CDT)

I am running Linux 6.2
autoconf 2.5
automake 1.4-p4
libtool 1.3.5 (also tried 1.3.4)

--TRBo

---

From: Sebastian Rittau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 23:20:32 +0200

> I am running Linux 6.2

Which Linux? Redhat? SuSE?

> libtool 1.3.5 (also tried 1.3.4)

Please look for the file "libtool.m4" (using "locate libtool.m4").
Where is it located? What's the output from

egrep ^\$prefix `which aclocal`
egrep ^\$acdir `which aclocal`

 - Sebastian

---

From: Jin Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:33:45 -0500 (CDT)

> libtool 1.3.5 (also tried 1.3.4)

It works on my Redhat7.1 system. the following is the related system
settings:
		autoconf 2.13
		automake 1.4
		libtool 1.3.5

I guess you can try automake-1.4, since running "grep AM_PROG_LIBTOOL /usr/share/aclocal" creates
"/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4:AC_DEFUN(AM_PROG_LIBTOOL,
[indir([AC_PROG_LIBTOOL])])dnl". It is clearly `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' is 
delared in /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4. aclocal is a compomnent of
automake package.. 

good luck,

Jin