Subject: is it possible (new to list)

From: trevor allett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:10:10 +0100

...Hi,
I just need to know if i am barking up the wrong tree or not,

i have a server running SuSE Linux 7 with Netatalk, everything works 
well and there are no problems,

so far so good.

What i want to do is have access to two shares (on the same server), 
one that is my own personal area and one which is the "MacAdmin" area 
that other members of IT Support have access to, so far i have 
managed this by using the 
"AppleVolumes"-file-in-the-home-directory-of-each-user trick and this 
works if i then create a group that only I and "MacAdmin" belong to 
and the permissions on each of our home directories are; drwxrws--- . 
the only problem is that the Network Trash Folder keeps appearing as 
a drop box with a regularity that i haven't been able to pin down 
yet, it seems to be some thing to do with who owns  the Network Trash 
Folder on the others volume, if you see what I mean.

any way thanks for listening,

-- 
==============================
Trevor Allett
IT Support unit
North Oxfordshire College,
Banbury,
Oxfordshire.	United Kingdom.
=======================================
============================================
This message may contain information which is legally privileged
and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any unauthorised disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this information is strictly prohibited.
Such notification notwithstanding, any comments or opinions
expressed are those of the originator, not of
North Oxfordshire College and School of Art,
unless otherwise explicitly stated.
=================================================================

---

From: Bert Blümer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 00:13:56 +0200

Hi there,

Since i am using netatalk 1.5 (out-of-the-box with SuSE 7.1) i have 
a problem regarding the use of a codepage. If i declare in AppleVolumes.
default the following

  /data/mac Testvolume codepage:maccode.iso8859-1

the codepage is not used. The files are written to the Linux-Filesystem
in the ':<hex>' -manner, disregarding if this codepage option is 
set or not. I have checked the synthax several times, but i cant 
find any errors.

I have tried 

  /data/mac Testvolume options:mswindows

too, same Problem.

Syslog does not complain about a missing file or nls-directory or 
something. A look in the binary of afpd shows that the nlspath was 
O.K. at compile time; there can be found '/etc/atalk/nls/', so i 
think afpd searches at the right place. The files in /etc/atalk/nls 
are world-readable.

Any hints would save my day.

Thx + Regards, Bert

-- 

Bert Blümer
Am Vogelsfeldchen 16
D-51373 Leverkusen

+49 214 4000851
+49 214 4000852