Subject: Log Errors

From: "Daniel E. Lautenschleger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 08:44:39 -0600

The following messages appear in the logs of my Red Hat 6.1 machine running 
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-6.rpm:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Feb 25 18:19:17 www afpd[915]: iconopen: open 
/www/.AppleDesktop/M/MSIE.icon: No such file or directory
Feb 25 18:19:17 www afpd[915]: afp_addicon: No such file or directory

Feb 25 17:07:12 www afpd[800]: dsi_tcp (Chooser will not select afp/tcp) 
Check to make sure www is in /etc/hosts and the correct domain is in 
/etc/resolv.conf: No such file or directory
------------------------------------------------------------
I have one directory called "www" as well as the user's home directory 
appear after logging onto the machine via their Mac Chooser. The domain 
name for the machine begins with "www" as well.

Thank you for any information that would explain/resolve this issue.

-Dan

Daniel E. Lautenschleger
Network Administrator and Computer Support
R.M. Bock Laboratories
[email-masked]

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 16:12:40 +0100

afpd tried to display an icon for a MSIE Document and hasn't found it.

>/etc/resolv.conf: No such file or directory

Verify what the error states and correct it:

Fill in /etc/hosts with the IP Address of the Ethernet interface and with it's name "www".
If you are running a DNS somewhere, create /etc/resolv.conf with the aproppriate entries. If you don't have a DNS, create it anyway and don't fill in a "nameserver" entry but the domain.

:wq! PoC