Subject: MacOS9 client unable to authenticate on afpd (asip)

From: Michel Jouvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 18:19:56 +0100

Hi,

I installed pre39 on Tru64 and it seems to work fine as an ASIP server.
Except that password from MacOS 9 clients are rejected.

Any idea ?

Michel

     *************************************************************
     * Michel Jouvin                 Email : [email-masked] *
     * LAL / CNRS                    Fax : +33 1 69079404        *
     * B.P. 34                                                   *
     * 91898 Orsay Cedex                                         *
     * France                                                    *
     *************************************************************

---

From: "Lancaster, David Matthew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 13:34:45 -0300 (ADT)

> Except that password from MacOS 9 clients are rejected.

Need more info. Anything in /etc/messsages?
Are you using the afppasswd file or .passwd files in user home
directories, etc.
OOC, what does the chooser list for the password encryption? Cleartext,
2-way encryption?  (on that note, does anyone know if OS9 distinguishes
between randnum/rand2num and DH in the chooser?)

D.

---

From: Harry Zink/Netatalk List <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 10:34:33 -0700

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/nr/2000/kerberos.html

Hopefully, this could mean that more detailed  information about this will
be available. I recall asun asking about this a while back.

Harry