Subject: CR/LF question

From: "William R. Knox" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:45:13 -0400

I'm beating my head against a wall trying to get the CR/LF working on an
install of the latest asun distribution (1.4b2+asun2.1.4-39_test). It
seems to work fine when the file is copied _from_ the server to the
client, but it doesn't work when the file is copied _to_ the server from
the client. I had the exact same behavior with the 2.1.3 distribution.

In searching the archives for both of these lists, I came across a few
mentions of this, but never saw an answer. Can someone let me know if
this just isn't the way that the translation works, or if I'm missing
something? Thanks.
-- 
			Bill Knox
			Senior Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
			The MITRE Corporation

---

From: Marc Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:36:46 -0700 (PDT)

Even netatalk 1.5 now in development is exhibiting this behavior.  I took
a quick look at fork.c and volume.c where CRLF translation is
happening now.  I don't see an easy fix... if you look at the CVS tree at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/netatalk and think you can fix it, by all
means, do so and do it soon.  Most people are finishing up their patches
(if not done already) so that 1.5 can be frozen and released.  

> this just isn't the way that the translation works, or if I'm missing

============================================================
	/\/\arc ._|. /\/\iller ([email-masked])
	Computer Room Consultant
	Information Technology/Lab Management
============================================================
I can be contacted through the Communication Center link from
http://www.mother.com/~mjmiller/