Subject: netatalk is not working

From: Hong F Du <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 14:18:26 -0400

Hi All,

After reboot, I got the following message:

Jun 28 16:54:29 eshop atalkd[652]: zip_getnetinfo for eth0
Jun 28 16:54:29 eshop atalkd[652]: zip gnireply from 6500.202 (eth0 12)
Jun 28 16:54:29 eshop atalkd[652]: zip_packet configured eth0 from
6500.202
Jun 28 16:54:30 eshop atalkd[652]: bind 6500.148:6: Address already in
use
Jun 28 16:54:30 eshop atalkd: AppleTalk not up! Child exited with 1.
Jun 28 16:54:30 eshop atalk: atalkd startup failed
Jun 28 16:54:32 eshop atalk: papd startup succeeded
Jun 28 16:54:32 eshop papd[683]: restart (1.4b2+asun2.1.3)
Jun 28 16:54:33 eshop atalk: afpd startup succeeded
Jun 28 16:54:33 eshop afpd[694]: main: atp_open: Cannot assign requested

address
Jun 28 16:54:33 eshop afpd[694]: ASIP started on 134.74.52.32:548(1)
(1.4b2+asun2.1.3)
Jun 28 16:54:33 eshop afpd[694]: main: atp_open: Cannot assign requested

address
Jun 28 16:54:33 eshop afpd[694]: main: dsi_init: Address already in use

Macs cannot see any zones from LAN. There are two network cards in my
liunx
box, eth0 goes to internet, eth1 connected to LAN with Macs.

What is wrong with my setup? Do I have to configure each eth in
atalkd.conf? How? Do you have a working example for me to see?

Thank you for any help!

feng