Subject: Re: (again) Problems with papd

From: Moritz Kaiser <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 17:13:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hi folks,

I tried to compile netatalk package myself. But I wasn't able to, because
make stopped with:
8<---------------------------
asp_getsess.c: In function `asp_getsession':
asp_getsess.c:178: incompatible types in assignment
asp_getsess.c:186: incompatible types in assignment
make[3]: *** [asp_getsess.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk/netatalk-1.3.3/libatalk/asp'
make[2]: *** [asp] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk/netatalk-1.3.3/libatalk'
make[1]: *** [../../libatalk] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk/netatalk-1.3.3/sys/linux'
make: *** [all] Error 2
8<----------------------------

The README.LINUX file told me to make a link from /usr/include/sys/uio.h
to /usr/include/linux/uio.h.
But there already exists one file called uio.h in /usr/include/linux.
Anyone out there who can tell me, what I made wrong.

Greetings,
Moritz

__________________________________________________________
Moritz Kaiser
Studentische Vertretung, Technische Universitaet Muenchen
Europe / Germany

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 10:00:39 -0700 (PDT)

> I tried to compile netatalk package myself. But I wasn't able to, because

----------------------------------------------------------^^^^

Uhh, how about using a newer version of netatalk?  I don't think you'll
find much support here for v1.3.3...

Get asun2.1.4pre37b from:

ftp://ftp.cobaltnet.com/pub/users/asun/testing/

It compiles quite nicely and has many bug fixes and new features.

	Andy

---

From: Moritz Kaiser <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 20:41:21 +0200 (CEST)

Ha, I fixed my problem otherwise!

as many of you will remember my problems emerged, when I tried to install
my personal /etc/netatalk/papd.conf. I was and still am using netatalk
1.4b2+asun2.1.1 delivered with Debian "Slink".
After installing my own papd.conf, papd complained about "Bad termcap" and
"Bad papcap", when started.
After beating up several people for not having solved my problems *hehe*,
I tried to compile my own netatalk with no results.

The real solution is as simple as courios. Though papd.conf should have
the same format as /etc/printcap, it needs to be written more strictly.
I am not allowed to put more than one option in one line!

Thanks a lot to all people, who tried to help me.
Greetings,

Moritz