Subject: shadow passwds

From: "Helmut Weigel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 14:51:45 +0200

Hi everybody,

I tried to install netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4 (pre version) under
SuSE Linux 6.4 with shadow passwords.

I changed /etc/afpd/Makefile to look like:
...
CFLAGS= ${DEFS} ${AFSDEFS} ${OPTOPTS} ${INCPATH} -DAPPLCNAME -DSHADOWPW
...

but shadow passwords are still NOT supported
(checked this by copying encrypted passwd from /etc/shadow to /etc/passwd
 for a user - worked)

what am i doing wrong here? is there another switch?

thanks in advance
Helmut

_____________________________________________________________________
berens/partner Hannover GmbH   -  Prinzenstrasse 8  -  30159 Hannover
fon 0511 / 36 07 40 - fax 0511 / 3 60 74 19 - mobil 0172 / 5 42 14 72
          HRB Hannover 58091 - Geschäftsführer: Jörg Berens