Subject: Netatalk that works on Solaris 2.6/2.7

From: "Marc D. Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:22:32 -0500

Hello,

Where can one get a version of netatalk that works on both Solaris 2.6 and 
Solaris 2.7?  Has anyone gotten it to work concurrently with CAP?  We would 
see the need to do this while we transition away from CAP.

TIA,

Marc Taylor
===============================
Marc D. Taylor
Research Programmer
Beckman Institute Systems Services
Room 1714
Office:  217-244-7373, Fax:  217-333-8206
[email-masked]
www.beckman.uiuc.edu/groups/biss

---

From: Tim Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:46:29 -0600 (MDT)

> see the need to do this while we transition away from CAP.

ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/unix/netatalk

Those are Solaris 2.7 binaries. (mostly 64bit)

When you mean both 2.6 and 2.7, you surely don't mean that you are going
to try and run the same binary/kernel modules since your 2.6 box is
running in 32 bit more and your 2.7 box is running in 64 bit (unless it is
older hardware)

Concurrently with CAP?  Different storage methods. I don't think that it
is possible to do what you want to do.

Tim Carlson                                  Voice:    (505) 984-8800x255
Director of Computing: Santa Fe Institute    Fax:      (505) 982-0565
WWW: http://www.santafe.edu/~tim             Email:   [email-masked]