Subject: afpfs: Anybody got this thing working?

From: Chip <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 11:52:08 -0600

Hey folks,

I need to be able to mount a Mac filesystem via network onto a Linux 
box.  I have found sources for afpfs (1.0a2) and MacNFSd 
(1.5.0b970726), but both are REEAAAAALLLLLY old, apparently 
unsupported, and won't compile.

I'm giving up on the NFSd solution, but I would really like to hear 
if anybody has found a way to get afpfs to build on a current (2.2.x) 
system... I am getting significant compile errors (it is looking for 
super_block members that don't even exist any more!).

If anybody has any advice/ideas on this (or any other solution for 
mounting Mac shares on a Linux box) please let me know.

Thanks...

  -Chip

   *~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-*
   |  "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  |
   |  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond   |
   |  measure."                      --Nelson Mandela   |
   *-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-*

---

From: Fabrizio Catalano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 11:21:33 +0100

>unsupported, and won't compile.

I wasn't lucky...

>if anybody has found a way to get afpfs to build on a current 
>(2.2.x) system... I am getting significant compile errors (it is 
>looking for super_block members that don't even exist any more!).

I use nfsd1.5.0b970906 to share some directories between Mac and UNIX 
or Linux boxes, this works well or me on 68k Mac,  PPC 60x, beige G3.

On B&W G3  and G4 I had a lot of  "NFSERR_STALE" errors;

I'm not able to browse the code to catch the bug, but I've seen that 
leaving the nfsd application in  the background, everything works 
fine.

Any interested Code...Warrior here?

Fabrizio