Subject: RE: Printer sharing question

From: Mike Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 15:42:39 -0700

No, no.... I think he needs to spend several thousand dollars so he can
print. Buy and install an appletalk module for a windows 2000 server
edition. You'll probably need to upgrade your hardware, too. More memory.
MORE MEMORY!!

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Alex Yu [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent:	Tuesday, October 03, 2000 3:36 PM
To:	[email-masked]
Subject:	RE: Printer sharing question

> "Can somebody give me a quick overview of what I'd need to do in order to
> pull this off?"

If I understand your question right.

You will need a UN*X box.  Compile and install netatalk.  Modify setup
files, and start the daemon.  Sounds clear?

Alex

---

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 15:52:00 -0700

>files, and start the daemon.  Sounds clear?

Errr... I'm clear on that. (Sorry if you were joking. If so, I missed the 
<HUMOR> tags.) I was simply looking for someone to say something like, 
"You don't even need Netatalk silly, just set your Elite up as a 
Postscript printer under Linux, then do such-and-such to Samba, and give 
thanks to Asun not because you need Netatalk, but just because."

Or something like that...

Steve