Subject: Re: mounted volume icon resource?

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 19:39:36 -0700

>Anyone know where the icon is stored that the Macintosh uses to display a
>mounted netatalk TCP/IP volume (the black & white earth icon)?  I've looked
>in the System, System Resources, and Finder files on my Mac and haven't
>found it.  Is it stored someone in Linux?

It's stored in the netatalk volume itself, in a file called "Icon?". 
Although its length reads zero, you'll see that its .AppleDouble 
companion contains the actual data for the icon.

Steve Freitas
Newport Beach, California

---

From: David Blache <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 22:44:38 -0500

> companion contains the actual data for the icon.

That may be true for writable mounted volumes or folders with custom icons
that you paste into the Get Info window on the Mac side; but that's not what
I am referring to.

I am talking about the black & white world icon that is the default icon
given to a mounted volume when it is mounted without write access and
doesn't have a custom icon yet.  I want to know where this icon resource is
stored.