Subject: Re: .ppd problem

From: "TheBong Pipe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 23:57:42 PST

>No. If you try to convert more than line breaks, you'll get corrupted 
>umlauts (my expirience).
>I use BBEdit to only translate linebreaks for saving the PPD onto my Linux 
>box.

Can I use the "Lite" version? I have no macs at home so i'll test it 
tomorrow... Is there nothing for Linux?

Thanks
______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: Bob Rogers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 12:16:08 -0500 (EST)

From: "TheBong Pipe" <[email-masked]>
   Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 23:57:42 PST

   Thanks

I've only been half paying attention to this thread, so this may not be
entirely relevant to your situation.  But you can change line delimiters
in emacs version 20.x.  Do "Mule" -> "Set Coding System" -> "Buffer
File", and tell it "iso-latin-1-mac" when it prompts for the new coding
system.  (Or "iso-latin-1-unix", or "iso-latin-1-dos", or whatever; see
"Mule" -> "Describe Coding Systems".)  The file will then use Mac-style
line breaks (or whatever) when you save it again, and thereafter
(non-unix line delimiters are translated on input, and retranslated on
output).

					-- Bob Rogers

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 19:43:05 +0100

At 23:57 Uhr -0800 27.02.2000, TheBong Pipe wrote:
>Can I use the "Lite" version?

Of course. Sorry, I use it myself but I forget sometimes that it's only "light" (what it's definitively not) :-)

>I have no macs at home so i'll test it 

Perhaps you can use sed or recode with a non-charset-changing rule.
Or you can write your own baby in C :-)

:wq! PoC