Subject: Re: Huge unexpected file/dir deletions without user intervention

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 19:49:43 -0700

>One user noticed that it was taking a long time to empty the network
>trash can, and stopped it.  When we looked into their trash,
>there was someone else's home folder in it.

YIKES!

If that isn't enough to send me running to Helios, I don't know what 
is... (Of course, somebody will tell me about losing data on that too, 
but I'm blissfully ignorant at the moment.)

Steve Freitas

---

From: [email-masked] (Hans-Peter Jansen)
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 16:18:55 +0200

> but I'm blissfully ignorant at the moment.)

You may have noted the difference between proprietary and open source
solutions. If you can spend the money for the former, go for it,
and find a appropriate mailing list to discuss their problems.

For most other people reading here, this isn't a solution at all.

FrisPete

P.S.: Sorry for lowering the signal/noise ratio once again.

-- 
Any sufficiently adverse technology is indistinguishable from Microsoft.