Subject: Re: undefined reference to `yp_get_default_domain'

From: Peter Gutowski <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Feb 2000 21:10:01 -0500

edit your ${NETATALK}/sys/linux/Makefile as follows:

add -lnss_nis to the "ADDLIBS=" line

mine looks like this:

ADDLIBS= -lcrypt -lnss_nis

That should fix it.

David Blache <[email-masked]> wrote:
>A bit of a Linux newbie here, so please have patience... ;)
>
>I'm getting the following error when doing a make with
>netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on redhat 6.1:
>
>gcc  -DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER   -DUAM_RNDNUM -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
>-fsigned-char -Wunused -Wuninitialized -I../../include
>-I/usr/local/include   -DUSE_PAM -DAPPLCNAME -DUSE_PAM  -o afpd unix.o afs.o
>kuam.o send_to_kdc.o lifetime.o ofork.o main.o switch.o auth.o volume.o
>directory.o file.o enumerate.o desktop.o filedir.o fork.o appl.o gettok.o
>bprint.o status.o afp_options.o afp_asp.o afp_dsi.o messages.o config.o
>nfsquota.o codepage.o -L../../libatalk    -L/usr/local/lib   -latalk   -ldes
>-lrpcsvc -lwrap -lpam -ldl
>/usr/lib/libwrap.a(hosts_access.o): In function `host_match':
>hosts_access.o(.text+0x400): undefined reference to `yp_get_default_domain'
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>make[4]: *** [afpd] Error 1
>make[4]: Leaving directory `/src/netatalk/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/afpd'
>make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
>make[3]: Leaving directory `/src/netatalk/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/afpd'
>make[2]: *** [afpd] Error 2
>make[2]: Leaving directory `/src/netatalk/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc'
>make[1]: *** [../../etc] Error 2
>make[1]: Leaving directory
>`/src/netatalk/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/sys/linux'
>make: *** [all] Error 2
>[
>
>Apparently my network is setup incorrectly. Can someone tell me how to
>resolve the situation so I can compile afpd?

-- 

Peter Gutowski

[email-masked] // www.powervue.com/~peterg // h: 413-584-7820

---

From: David Blache <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 22:02:41 -0600

Yes, that did it.  Thanks.

Now if I can figure out how to make afpd start automatically on boot, I'll
be good to go.

-- 

       A chicken is an egg's way of producing more eggs.
|-------------------------------------------------------------|
| David Blache          Software Developer / Technical Writer |
|-------------------------------------------------------------|
| Microcosm Software    http://www.thesanctuary.com/microcosm |
| Metrowerks                        http://www.metrowerks.com |
|-------------------------------------------------------------|