Subject: Re: A "DHX: it doesn't work!" checklist

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 14:03:55 -0700

>2.  Check your afpd.conf file.  It should contain this option:
>-uamlist uams_guest.so,uams_clrtxt.so,uams_dhx.so  [is the order
>relevant?  does anyone know?]

I took guest and clrtxt out (which I believe should be the default anyway 
for all the aforementioned security reasons), and DHX worked just dandy, 
after I'd made the pertinent symlink.

>3.  A few people have reported that openssl version 0.9.4 works, but
>from my experience, 0.9.5a works when compiled from the source code.

Just a point of reference that may not matter too much :-) : Redhat 7 
includes OpenSSL 0.9.5a, so an RPM install of netatalk is quite painless 
in that regard.

Steve

---

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 02:30:08 -0700

>This would seem to be a general necessity, regardless of which DHX UAM you
>plan to use. I have been fiddling with DHX just now and the Mac doesn't seem
>to like it (pops up a message about unsupported authentication method) if
>you refer to either UAM directly in afpd.conf. The current 1.4.99 RPM
>installation doesn't set up this symlink for you - maybe it should?

Yes, Jeff's changing that for the next preview release.

Steve