Subject: [OT] $%^#$% Help, plz

From: Matthew Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:27:27 -0400

This is horribly off topic (for those of you getting thise over lists),
and I apologize for that, however I'm hoping SOMEONE out there has an
answer....

	I have a BIND 4 DNS server (I *have* to have BIND 4, so cut the "use 8"
chatter)... I need (like *NEED*) to force the named process to only use
certain interfaces... I have a DNS server with 3 NICs, and it CANNOT use
one of them or my life is null and void, but it DOES use all available
interfaces (and even virtual interfaces.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me
there is a fix. The man page for named gives no help, neither does my
aged "BIND for Not-so-Dummies" manual circa '96... 

	A private e-mail is preferable to prevent this OT conversation from
ballooning into 13 tangents, 4 flame wars and whole lot of OT banter...
Thanks! 
 
-- 

 Matthew Keller
 Lead Programmer/Analyst
 Distributed Computing/Telemedia
 Information Services Division
 State University of New York at Potsdam
 
 Website: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/
 PGP: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/crypto/
 Webcam:  http://webcam.mattwork.potsdam.edu:85/

---

From: Mike Fedyk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 01:24:47 -0700

You need to use IP filters.  Just block tcp & udp port 53 on the
unwanted interface.

Mike