Subject: Yet another printing problem...

From: Jeff Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 17:19:31 -0500 (CDT)

I had printing working just fine with my Canon BJC-4400 printer under
the stable relase of netatalk (1.42b), and I thought I'd give one of the
testing relases a try.  After installing the -37 release, file sharing
still worked like it used to, but papd stopped working.  Same for -39.
When I try to print, I get the following error message emailed to root

	Your printer job (test.doc) 
	was not printed because it was not linked to the original file

I think this is netatalk related, because I can still print without
difficulty from my other linux machines.

Thank you for your time.

--
-Jeff Thompson
jeff@zaius(.dyndns).org, [email-masked], [email-masked]

Things a Klingon programmer might say #4:
I'll show you how to indent when I indent your skull!!

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 20:06:34 -0700 (PDT)

> difficulty from my other linux machines.

Going through my backlog of messages on this mailing list.  If you haven't
already fixed this problem or given up, you need to pipe the job to lpr
instead of letting papd place the job in the spool directory.

For example, change:

testprinter:\
	:pr=lp1:

to:

testprinter:\
	:pr=|/usr/bin/lpr -Plp1:

Papd doesn't create the file in the spool directory the way some LPD
daemons like it.  In general, I think it is better anyways to let the
standard unix lpr command handle the job.  This is especially true if you
run a non-standard LPD daemon, such as LPRng.

	Andy