Subject: configuration of makefiles

From: "Rob Searles" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 11:03:43 -0500

I am trying to compile on a RedHAT 6.0 server and am having trouble
understanding how to edit the makefiles.  I have PAM support but am not
using shadow passwords.  Where do I add the -DUSE_PAM (and -lpam -ldl) in
the /sys/linux/Makefile?  What is the source directory for PAM in the main
Makefile?  Also, How do I know if I am using libc.so.5?

Thanks
Rob

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 08:58:19 -0800 (PST)

> Makefile?  Also, How do I know if I am using libc.so.5?

First of all, make sure you have the latest netatalk source.  There are
pre-release versions which are quite stable and have many bug fixes and
improvements.  There are available at:

ftp://ftp.cobaltnet.com/pub/users/asun/testing/

To enable PAM support, edit the top-level makefile in the netatalk source
tree.  One of the options near the top is PAMDIR.  Uncomment that option
(the default directory of /usr is okay on redhat) and it will compile with
PAM support.  RedHat 6.0 uses glibc 2.1.x, not libc5.

	Andy