Subject: Re(2): Can't transfer files to Linux any more....

From: Kirk McElhearn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 19:58:21 +0200

On 5/05/00, at 19:45, Patrik Schindler [email-masked] said:

>>I can still connect from my Mac, and mount my Linux volume, but, on the
>>Mac, it says that there is 0 K available on the volume (while there is
>>really tons of empty space).  I can take files from it to the Mac, with
>>no problem, but I can't put  any files onto it.
>
>Which Version of netatalk are you using?
>Which system?
>Which version of libc (if it's linux)?
>Which OS Version on the Mac?
>Which AppleShare Version on the Mac?
>
>I know about a problem with libc5 and every version of netatalk being
>restricted to 32-Bit ints. Unfortunately these are signed so you have
>only 2GB of space being shown.
>If you cread a big-enough-file from the unix side onto this volume and
>remount it from the Mac, you have 2GB of space available again.
>This game will continue until the harddisk is full or you switch to a
>glibc-system.

Well, it doesn't really matter much anymore...  my whole Linux system
keeled over and died.

I am running Mandrake 7.  I installed a fully new system on a second HD
(meaning the files from the first system are still accessible), and
cannot get my ethernet card recognized any more.  I don't remember
exactly what I need to do for this.  Any pointers?

Kirk

                                vice versa   
  Translations - French to English, English to French | Technical Writing
  Traductions francais-anglais, anglais-francais      | Redaction technique
  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
              [email-masked]    http://www.mcelhearn.com
      Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 21:17:43 +0200

>Well, it doesn't really matter much anymore...  my whole Linux system

I think you have a real harware problem.

:wq! PoC