Subject: RE: Benchmarks

From: TimY <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 09:52:36 -0700

Could you tell me the exact settings you used in Lantest.  I will 
send you some test I did using Solaris on sparc, Solaris on Intel, 
and MAC OSX.  I just want to use the same settings as you.  I don't 
have Gigabit ehter though.  Just a 3com switch 100base full duplex.

The settings I used were:
everything on except printing.  Fast ethernet enabled on Lantest. 
The machine running Lantest is a Blue and White G3 300.  I ran 10 
tests on all machines.  I would really like to build a big database 
of these tests so if anyone is inerested please feel free to send 
lantest reports direct to me.

Later,
Tim Yardley

>If anyones interested, I have some benchmarks at:
>
>http://asteroids.sixforty.co.uk/~l.farr/lantests/
>
>for Windows 2000, Helios, NT4, FreeBSD 4.0 and 4.1 with
>softupdates. These are compared to a G4's internal HD for speed. All testing
>is on a PIII450 with 1Gb RAM.
>
>If anyone wants to send me some Helios Lan test results for
>Linux or whatever, I'll stick them on as well.
>
>Lawrence Farr
>EPC Direct Limited mailto:[email-masked]
>T:01179666123 F:01179666111 M:07970780901
>