Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Trouble with Adobe products and Personal Laserwriter NT

From: Brian Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 09:10:06 -0600

on 6/25/00 4:07 PM, Andras Kadinger at [email-masked] wrote:

> Hello Brian,
> 
> I think this can help you.
> 

Thanks Andras,

I realized I need to print with ASCII encoding as well; however, I am having
trouble with filters...

I modified the bin2tbcp.c file to ignore the command line arguments (so that
it just uses stdin and stdout), compiled and installed it.  Then, I created
a filter command in my lpd spooling directory consisting of:

#!/bin/csh -f

/usr/local/bin/bin2tbcp $*
printf "\004"
exit 0

I then setup the printcap file to have input filter be:

...
:if=/var/spool/lpd/mac/filter:

However, when I print, it is as though the filter is never run.  My print
jobs from the mac never close down the printer (hence the printf "\0004")
nor does the translation occur.

How does one properly install a filter to run the bin2tbcp as well as close
down the printer afterward?

Thanks for your help.

--Brian