Subject: weird behavior - server invisible under appletalk

From: Hoover Chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 08:43:43 -0700

This may be a known behavior but I haven't seen a discussion or resolution
to this in the archives.

I recently upgraded my Linux server from RedHat 6.1 to RedHat 6.2. All
of a sudden, I can no longer see the server from the Chooser via Appleshare.
However, the server IS accessible via Appleshare IP, that is, when the
"server IP address" button is clicked and the server's full address is
entered.

Any pointers to making the server visible again under Appleshare? I'm 
running netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.1-2.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hoover Chan                [email-masked]  -or-  [email-masked]
Eastwind Associates

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:21:11 -0700 (PDT)

> running netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.1-2.

I'm assuming that you get errors when atalkd starts as well.  With RedHat
6.2, you need to add "alias net-pf-5 appletalk" to your /etc/conf.modules
file.

	Andy