Subject: list dead ?

From: Michael Harlow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 16:14:54 +1000

Is this list dead ? I usually receive about 5 to 10 messages a day. Since 
the 5th, (the ILoveYou virus start) there has been nothing received.

Mike
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael J Harlow                    email : [email-masked]
Computer Systems Officer, School of Geography and Env. Studies,
University of Tasmania, GPO Box 252-78, Hobart, Tas 7001, Australia.
Phone : (03) 6226 2212 or 0419 585 308      fax  : (03) 6226 2989
Web : http://www.geol.utas.edu.au/geog
-------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ron Chmara <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 01:02:40 -0700

> the 5th, (the ILoveYou virus start) there has been nothing received.

HAHahahha.

Well, The list _is_ alive, and there is active traffic. It may be getting
filtered by your admins for this (or other) reasons.... for example,
I also have postmonster duties to some 2000+ people, and they're
currently losing every message with "Iloveyou" "Mother's Day" "joke"
and so on in the subject... maybe the umich admins pissed off the
utas admins? I dunno.

But this list is still up, if not particularly active.

-Ron

--
Brought to you from iBop the iMac, a MacOS, Win95, LinuxPPC machine,
which is currently in MacOS land.  Your bopping may vary.

---

From: Michael Harlow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 16:17:19 +1000

> > the 5th, (the ILoveYou virus start) there has been nothing received.

I'm back. /var/spool filled, then a fibre controller died, then a disk 
died, one after the other over three days. Enough downtime for me to be 
removed from list.

I sent a message titled: "locked files when copying" a couple of days ago. 
Could anyone who replied send their messages directly to me, as I did not 
receive any messages obviously. I really need a resolution, as it 
effectively stops me from being able to use netatalk for my users.

Thanks, Mike