Subject: Cap - Netatalk Transition

From: Mark Hutchinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:12:56 +0100

We are attempting to migrate an existing Cap set-up to Netatalk. 

Netatalk is installed and running just fine, however we now need to migrate
files from our cap volumes into the new netatalk volumes while retaining
file associations. (We're aware the differences in the way cap & netatalk
store files)

Does anyone have any experience of this process, or know of any useful
tools?

I'm hoping that there is a better way than using the mac finder to execute
the copy and hoping for the best.

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

Mark Hutchison
"PA" NewsCentre
IT Support
[email-masked]

---

From: Marc Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:36:38 -0700 (PDT)

It's not the cleanest solution, but you could try copying them to a Mac
hard drive, then copy to the netatalk volume.  The trouble is, you lose
the access permissions when you do it that way.  When I migrated the data,
we had the CAP data on a different server from the netatalk data.  I just
used a Mac to copy everything from one volume to the other,
drag-and-drop.  It worked pretty well.

> [email-masked]

============================================================
	/\/\arc ._|. /\/\iller ([email-masked])
	Computer Room Consultant
	Information Technology/Lab Management
============================================================
I can be contacted through the Communication Center link from
http://www.mother.com/~mjmiller/