Subject: Solaris 2.6 and netatalk (

From: Adam Oldham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 15:47:57 -0500

Installed netatalk from asun 2.1.3.  Followed the installation instructions
adding the appropriate lines to services and the other files.  The
configuration worked 6 months at least.  Last week it stopped working.
Nothing will start it up right.  Here's what comes in the messages
log:

Feb 14 15:12:37 josephus unix: netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.3

Feb 14 15:12:37 josephus papd[199]: atp_open: Cannot assign requested

address

Feb 14 15:12:37 josephus afpd[201]: main: atp_open: Cannot assign requested
address

Doesnt make sense to me, because nothing has been added to the server.
Any ideas on where to look.  The way this is configured is, I only
start afpd.  And the afpd.conf file specifies:

"Prod Server" -noguest -tcp -savepassword -setpassword -rand2num -address
152.2.***.***

I really have no idea what to look for now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam Oldham

--
===========================================================
= Adam Oldham
= System Administrator for UNC Student Stores
= AIX, Solaris, Linux, NT, and almost all Mac OS's
===========================================================

---

From: Adam Oldham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:38:31 -0500

Hey all,

I've replaced the line in my atalkd.conf file with:

le0 -phase 2

so it replaced that with:

le0 -phase 2 -net 800 -addr 800.5 -zone "Student Stores"

Anyway, this has gotten rid of the unable to bind adress message.
But now i am a little confused.  Before i was jsut starting
afpd, now I am starting atalkd and papd with it.  Still wouldn;'t
my problem be with afpd?  When I start afpd by itself I get
the:

Feb 15 13:28:00 josephus afpd[466]: main: atp_open: Cannot assign requested
address

When I start all the services with the above atalkd.conf.
I get no errors in the logs.  But I still cannot log on
as a user.  I can log on as guest, but no shares come up.

I am using solaris 2.6 and netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3

I am at a loss now.  Thanks for the suggestions.....

Adam

---

From: Adam Oldham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 07:24:49 -0500

I have a valume file called AppleVolumes, which has worked before.
Should i rename it or link it to one of these names?

Sven-Volker Nowarra wrote:

Hi,

I had a similiar problem on a LINUX box, until I put in the

"AppleVolume.system" or "AppleVolume.default" an entry.

I tried the /tmp volume, and gave it the name "TEMP". Looked like this:

# this is the top of the file AppleVolume.system...

/tmp    TEMP

# here comes the conversiuon stuuf, like text to Unix and so on ...

...

It worked, and then I could create a file in a users home directory
as

well ("/usr/home/my_user/.AppleVolume"), containing additional

user-specific shares...

Adam Oldham schrieb:

> Anyway, this has gotten rid of the unable to bind adress message.
But

> now i am a little confused.  Before i was jsut starting afpd,
now I am

> starting atalkd and papd with it.  Still wouldn;'t my problem
be with

> afpd?  When I start afpd by itself I get the:

> Feb 15 13:28:00 josephus afpd[466]: main: atp_open: Cannot assign

> requested address

> When I start all the services with the above atalkd.conf.  I
get no

> errors in the logs.  But I still cannot log on as a user.
I can log

> on as guest, but no shares come up.

---

From: Adam Oldham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 07:27:55 -0500

Also,

Shouldn't some sort of message show up in the message or syslog log
fiels stating an authentication failure or something for me to go on?
Right now, all the services seem to come up fine with no errors at all.
It does take a good minute to two to start up atalkd, but papd and afpd
start very quickly.  Well, let me rephrase.  This is the only
thing to come up in the messages log:

Feb 17 07:26:15 josephus unix: NOTICE: aarp_rput probe collision le0

Feb 17 07:26:15 josephus unix:

Again, at a loss.  Any suggestions?

Adam oldham

Hi,

/tmp    TEMP

...

user-specific shares...

Adam Oldham schrieb:

But

now I am

be with

get no

I can log