Subject: new setup

From: "John Arends" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 16:40:44 -0500

I've been lurking a bit lately, and now have a question. I hope it hasn't 
been mentioned recently.

I just installed netatalk on a system running redhat.

I followed directions from the hamptons site which said leaving config files
alone was the simplest thing to do.

My server does not show up in the chooser. If I attempt to connect to it by
typing in the ip address, I get a login screen.

If i type in my username and password at this point, it doesn't let me in.
If I choose guest, I get in ok, but there are no volumes to select in the
list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-----
John Arends
[email-masked]

(If all email was written by Microsoft) Legal Notice: Receipt of this
message constitutes your unconditional acceptance of agreement with all
terms, conditions, conclusions and opinions, either expressed or implied, as
interpreted by the author without further clarification. Use of any
information contained herein [inclusive of any and all attachments] or
omitted in part or in whole from the actual message is strictly prohibited
and will be subject to collection of significant financial damages.

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 14:08:24 +0200

>I just installed netatalk on a system running redhat.

What version?

>typing in the ip address, I get a login screen.

Did you get any errors when starting up the thing?
Especially look into the syslog!

:wq! PoC