Subject: compile problem

From: Pierre Carecchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:08:57 +0200

Hi,

i try to recompile netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.1 on my linux PC running
RedHat 6.2 and i got the follwing error

make[4]: Entering directory `/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.1/etc/afpd'

gcc  -DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER   -DUAM_RNDNUM -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
-fsigned-char -Wunused -Wuninitialized -I../../include   -I/usr/local/include
-DAPPLCNAME -DCRLF -DSHADOW   -o afpd unix.o afs.o kuam.o send_to_kdc.o
lifetime.o ofork.o

main.o switch.o auth.o volume.o directory.o file.o enumerate.o desktop.o
filedir.o fork.o appl.o gettok.o bprint.o status.o afp_options.o afp_asp.o
afp_dsi.o messages.o config.o nfsquota.o -L../../libatalk
-L/usr/local/lib  -latalk   -ldes  -lrpcsvc -lwrap

/usr/bin/../lib/libwrap.a(hosts_access.o): In function `host_match':

hosts_access.o(.text+0x400): undefined reference to `yp_get_default_domain'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[4]: *** [afpd] Error 1

make[4]: Leaving directory `/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.1/etc/afpd'

make[3]: *** [all] Error 2

make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.1/etc/afpd'

make[2]: *** [afpd] Error 2

make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.1/etc'

make[1]: *** [../../etc] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.1/sys/linux'

make: *** [all] Error 2

libwrap.a exist, tcpcd.h too, i suppose tcpwrappers are correctly installed
.....

What can i do ?

--
Pierre Carecchio
LEGI /CNRS
Tel : (0) 476 825 134
Fax : (0) 476 825 286

---

From: Marc Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:33:00 -0700 (PDT)

Are you quite certain that you followed the README and put all of the
appropriate adjustments to the sys/linux/Makefile?  I had this problem,
but it went away after I followed the instructions.

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Pierre Carecchi wrote:

> Hi,
> i try to recompile netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.1 on my linux PC running RedHat
> 6.2 and i got the follwing error
> 
> -fsigned-char -Wunused -Wuninitialized -I../../include  
> -I/usr/local/include   -DAPPLCNAME -DCRLF -DSHADOW   -o afpd unix.o afs.o
> kuam.o send_to_kdc.o lifetime.o ofork.o
> filedir.o fork.o appl.o gettok.o bprint.o status.o afp_options.o
> afp_asp.o afp_dsi.o messages.o config.o nfsquota.o -L../../libatalk   
> libwrap.a exist, tcpcd.h too, i suppose tcpwrappers are correctly
> installed .....
> What can i do ?
> 
>  -- 
> Pierre Carecchio
> LEGI /CNRS
> Tel : (0) 476 825 134
> Fax : (0) 476 825 286
>  
> 

============================================================
	/\/\arc ._|. /\/\iller ([email-masked])
	Computer Room Consultant
	Information Technology/Lab Management
============================================================
I can be contacted through the Communication Center link from
http://www.mother.com/~mjmiller/