Subject: Quark via TCP/IP

From: ICC GmbH & Co KG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:20:21 +0100

Hello,

I do have some weird problems with my Quark XPress. I have a right now a
SuSe Linux 7.0 with netatalk running, and everything is fine, but when
saving Quark Files via TCP/IP, 95% are waste.
Only when switching to Apple-Talk and saving without the preview
options, I can reduce that errors to a minimum, but they still exist.
Any help would be appreciated.

If there is no known bugfix, is there maybe anyone used to NFS Client
from Thursby or Using Dave Client, because we cant afford loosing data.

Best Regards

Andreas Beier

---

From: Marcus Radich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 19:46:48 +1200

Yes, there are workarounds in netatalk-pre214-37b which fix this 
issue. I have had this too. Make sure you compile with -DFLOCKS (see 
documentation about setting 213 style file locking in 214. If you 
don't do this, Quark will freak out with other errors).

With this combination, I have several servers running in production 
environments.

mrad01

-- 
========================================================

"Always ask the question, never assume the answer."
		Marcus Radich 1999

========================================================

---

From: Sean Phelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 13:21:41 -0500

Anytime we drag a file to the trash, the file is immediately deleted.  Is
there any way to change this so it is not deleted until the trash is emptied?

Thanks in advance
Sean

---

From: Marc Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:18:26 -0700 (PDT)

Set the write bits in the Network Trash folder.

> there any way to change this so it is not deleted until the trash is emptied?

============================================================
	/\/\arc ._|. /\/\iller ([email-masked])
	Computer Room Consultant
	Information Technology/Lab Management
============================================================
I can be contacted through the Communication Center link from
http://www.mother.com/~mjmiller/

---

From: "ICC GmbH@Co KG" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:01:10 +0100

I searched for a while now, but I can find that file anywhere to download.
How would the make command look like exactly?

Best Regards

Andreas Beier