Subject: Removing guest acess

From: Mike DeCoster <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 15:34:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, I was wondering how I could remove the guest account from
appletalk.  I don't want to have a gust account that can read everything
on the system.  I was just informed that the guest account could read
anything on the system.  Thank you for your help.

Mike

---

From: Paul Krohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 18:43:51 -0700

>anything on the system.  Thank you for your help.
ok, a little clarification: the guest account, when perfectly set up, can 
read:

-- anything owned by the guest user (usually mapped to nobody, but that's 
another issue)
-- anything that is world readable

both provided, of course, that guest can even log in, which is easy to 
prevent with "-noguest" added to your server config line in afpd.conf in 
older versions of netatalk, or by not having uams_guest.so in your 
-uamlist argument in newser versions of netatalk (ie current asun "pre" 
versions).

come to think of it, that's documented right in the distributed afpd.conf 
file ...

Paul Krohn
551 Sixth Avenue #C
San Francisco, CA  94118
415-668-4756
[email-masked]