Subject: Permissions problem

From: rgp systems <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 23:31:42 -0400

I've read through archives about permissions, and am not quite sure I get
get it, but here goes.

I've got several directories which are shared by the group 'staff'. Some
have perms 750 with group staff (so only the owner can write to it) and some
have perms 770 (so the group can read and write).

But, though a user is a member of the group 'staff' they cannot write to a
directory with perms 770 (permissions error). I tried setting chmod g+s to
the directories -- that had no effect. With FTP connections to server
everything works as it should.

Don't remember having this problem before (or maybe I never noticed it).

Running netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-8 with Yellow Dog Linux 2.2.17 on Pmac
7200.

Grateful for any help.

-- 
Randy Perry
rgp systems

Mac Consulting/Sales