Subject: netatalk wont start

From: David Stern <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 16:00:26 -0400 (EDT)

I've compiled and installed netatalk on a solaris 2.6 machine but when I 
kick off the rc script it complains:

starting appletalk daemons:  atalkdnbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
Can't register dotty:Workstation@*
nbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
Can't register dotty:netatalk@*
 nbprgstr papd afpd.

Any ideas?

TIA

 =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-  generated by /dev/dave -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 David Stern                                    TSI TelSys 
 Manager, Information Systems                   410-872-3906

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 18:32:05 +0200

>Can't register dotty:netatalk@*

Please provide more information:

- netatalk version
- syslog messages when trying to reproduce the error.

:wq! PoC