Subject: Re: UAMs not loading in pre-37b

From: "Paul T Hirose" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:06:03 -0800 (PST)

I've changed the subject a bit

>    uam_load (uams_clrtxt.so): ld.so.1: ../sbin/afpd: fatal: relocation error: file /local/atalk/etc/uams/uams_clrtxt.so: symbol kcheckuser: referenced symbol not found
> erk. add ${AFSLIBS} ${KRBLIBS} to the appropriate places in
> etc/uams/Makefile.

I tried that earlier (along w/adding ${AFSLIBDIRS}) and that doesn't work.
kcheckuser lives in etc/uams/uams_krb4/uams_krb4.c, which has a
	#if defined( KRB ) || defined( UAM_AFSKRB )
at the very top of itself.  As far as I can tell, neither are defined.  I'm
not using Kereberos, per se.  I'm strictly using AFS (my AFSDIR is defined
but my KRBDIR is commented out in my top-level Makefile.)  I added a
	|| defined( AFS )
at that line as well, just to see, but that didn't work.  I'm not sure how

I also confess to not even being able to figure out when/why/how the 
uams_krb4.c file is ever built.  I can't find any reference to it in any
Makefile anywhere.  Did I miss a Readme file somewhere? :)

I tried cutting and pasting in kcheckuser from uams_krb4.c in to my
uams_passwd.c file.  Then linked in AFSLIBDIRS (in particular libkauth.a
is needed which is where ka_Init lives) and that didn't work eitehr,
got tons of wierd library relocation erros at gcc -shared stage.

Anyway, still puttering away.  Any recommendations, welcome.

PH

-- 
Paul Hirose          : [email-masked] : Sysadm Motto: rm -fr /my/life
1035 Academic Surge  : Programmer/Analyst   : Backup Motto  : rm -fr /
One Shields Avenue   : Fax   (530) 752-4465 :-------------------------------
Davis, CA 95616-8770 : Voice (530) 752-7181 : rec.pets.cat.anecdotes \(^_^)/

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:46:20 -0800

just get rid of the kcheckuser from uams_dhx_passwd.c and
uams_passwd.c. that was cruft left over from the conversion to uams. 

it isn't built because nobody ever sent me a spec on what the
interaction was supposed to look like.

-a

---

From: "rek2" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 12:09:25 -0500

Hello
    I installed the last version of netatalk+asum called pre... something...
    and the first days it worked fine and resolved the problem i had before
    with the .xls exel files...(the read only error.... i cant open the
file...)
    then i had other one that do open it but only in read mode... and says
    that user "a user i dont have"  is using it...) well that got fix
    when i upgraded.. but after 3 days working fine... It's doing it again!!
:((
    My boss already hates linux he whant's to get a G3 to run the server and
    get all the pcs out .. :( i will hate that i will have to change jobs...
these is my last oportunity to keep with linux in the servers..

some people told me that installing readhat 6.0 and netatalk and then
upgradging to 6.1 fix stuff... Does it fix these??? please let me know.

other i saw a patch on the netatalk site but it wont work with the asum ones
whats the difference of those? asum or plain netatalk? maybe i don't even
need the asum and i just go ahead install plain netatalk with the patch...
did someone did these?

Thank you
Christian Fernandez

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul T Hirose <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2000 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: UAMs not loading in pre-37b

> >    uam_load (uams_clrtxt.so): ld.so.1: ../sbin/afpd: fatal: relocation
error: file /local/atalk/etc/uams/uams_clrtxt.so: symbol kcheckuser:
referenced symbol not found

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 10:02:07 -0800 (PST)

> these is my last oportunity to keep with linux in the servers..

What are the permissions on one of the files with this problem in Linux?

> upgradging to 6.1 fix stuff... Does it fix these??? please let me know.

That was suggested to fix another problem, which was afpd failing to start
at all.  Don't waste your time doing this.

> need the asum and i just go ahead install plain netatalk with the patch...

Netatalk was originally developed by the University of Michigan.  They
haven't done any work on it for a long time now.  Adrian Sun took the
UMich netatalk code and added tons of features and bug fixes.  He called
his version netatalk+asun.  You should use the latest version
(pre-asun37b).

	Andy