Subject: Re: netatalk.com

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 15:12:08 -0700

>2. Some up-to-date install docs which include a discussion of *ALL* the 
>relevant compile time switches/mods, how to enable authentication, etc. 
>These docs don't have to be perfect, they can just be a start.

I'll make the first addition to this list. We should, in this part of the 
documentation, mention outstanding issues such as codepage support, 
Quark/Freehand/whatever integrity, and anything else anyone can think of. 
It would help implementers plan for proper deployment in light of its 
limitations.

Steve Freitas

---

From: BWS - Offwhite <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 17:44:26 -0500 (CDT)

If someone could write up documentation on how to do secure passwords or
if that is not even possible and add it to the site.  I have wanted to do
this for some time but have had little luck in finding that info.

I have assumed that it simply is not possible and have been waiting to see
something crop up.

If it is possible, that would be great to know.

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.greasydaemon.com | www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com