Subject: yp_get_default_domain ?

From: Paul Reilly <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 00:24:36 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

Has anyone seen this make error before?

/usr/bin/../lib/libwrap.a(hosts_access.o): In function `host_match':
hosts_access.o(.text+0x400): undefined reference to
`yp_get_default_domain'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [afpd] Error 1

I'm just installing netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on a RedHat 6.2 system
and it won't get passt this point. 

I have des.h & tcpd.h in the build dir /include/ directory, as well as in 
/usr/local/include  and libdes.a in /usr/local/lib. Why is it looking for
a YP though?

Any advice appreciated,

Paul

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 16:55:14 -0700 (PDT)

> /usr/local/include  and libdes.a in /usr/local/lib. Why is it looking for

If you compile in tcp-wrappers, you'll get this error.  Just add "-lnsl"
to the LIBS line in sys/linux/Makefile.  This is a known error in
asun2.1.3.

	Andy

---

From: Paul Reilly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:18:38 +0100 (BST)

Hi all,

I seem to have a problem with appletalk over DDP. 
It works over TCP/IP with afpd, but the startup of atalkd fails with
a message that it can't register my machine name. On average it manages to
register the domain about 1 out of every 10 attempts. The message is as
follows:

Starting appletalk daemons:  atalkdnbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
Can't register phoebe:Workstation@*
nbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
Can't register phoebe:netatalk@*
 nbprgstr papd afpd

I presume this is becuase it's having trouble reaching the main appletalk
router on our network? We have about 10 appletalk zones and my machine
should go in to the default. It can list the zones no problem. Just can't
seem to join. Is this a problem with my machine or the network ?

Any ideas?

Paul