Subject: REQUEST TO THE LIST

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 21:47:14 -0700

Hi all,

We're making fantastic progress on this, and I want to thank everybody 
who's responded to my questions.

We're charging towards 1.5's release, and we want to roll this out 
properly. We've got some plans about publicizing this once it's released, 
but until that time, I would ask everyone to avoid making any formal 
announcements about progress in any major venue. Geeks hate vaporware 
more than most other things, and Netatalk has, more than many open source 
projects, suffered from neglect. We need to show the world results before 
we can pull in more interested parties, and nothing will set the stage 
for that like a brand new release.

So personally recruit all the talent you can and want, but let's make 
sure that we hold off on any big announcements until 1.5 is released. 
Harry and I have volunteered to be the P.R. core. Anybody who wants to 
join in and help us is welcome to do so -- you only need ask! :-)

Thanks!

Steve