Subject: NEWBIE Problem, can't log in as user, guest okay

From: Rob Tanner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:06:55 -0800

When I try to log in as a user (myself), I get the error message "The
connection to this server has been unexpectedly broken".  Guest log in is
okay.

I am using netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on Solaris 5.6.  Taking my cue from the
FAQ, I built the system with -DSHADOWPW added to the etc/afpd Makefile, and
checked that my shell is in /etc/shells.  Also, I do have a .AppleVolumes
file in my home directory.  I have tried with the file in place and
without.  Also, it does not appear to be password related because I get a
specific password error when I use the wrong password.

I'm a newbie to netatalk, so I'll bet I'm missing something obvious.
Anybody got a clue?

Thanks,
Rob

       _ _ _ _           _    _ _ _ _ _
      /\_\_\_\_\        /\_\ /\_\_\_\_\_\
     /\/_/_/_/_/       /\/_/ \/_/_/_/_/_/  QUIDQUID LATINE DICTUM SIT,
    /\/_/__\/_/ __    /\/_/    /\/_/          PROFUNDUM VIDITUR
   /\/_/_/_/_/ /\_\  /\/_/    /\/_/
  /\/_/ \/_/  /\/_/_/\/_/    /\/_/         (Whatever is said in Latin
  \/_/  \/_/  \/_/_/_/_/     \/_/              appears profound)
  
  Rob Tanner
  UNIX and Networks Manager
  Linfield College, McMinnville OR
  (503) 434-2558 <[email-masked]>