Subject: More on the 8.6 timeouts

From: Sean Phelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:11:56 -0500

I am still having difficulty keeping  macs running 8.6 attached to the
netatalk server.

I am running netatalk-pre214-37b with DFLOCKS (Thanks Marcus.  It solved
several of our quark problems).

I have included a portion of the error log.  

Sep 15 11:35:14 prod afpd[12339]: ASIP session:548(1) from IP ADDRESS:2049(2)
Sep 15 11:35:14 prod afpd[12339]: randnum/rand2num login: USER
Sep 15 11:35:14 prod afpd[12339]: login gcarmona (uid 537, gid 540)
Sep 15 11:35:34 prod afpd[12339]: afp_null handle 43
Sep 15 11:45:27 prod afpd[12339]: dsi_stream_read(0): Operation not permitted
Sep 15 11:45:27 prod afpd[12339]: 3.45KB read, 8.12KB written
Sep 15 11:45:27 prod afpd[11813]: server_child[1] 12339 exited 1
Sep 15 11:45:38 prod afpd[12342]: ASIP session:548(1) from IP ADDRESS:2048(2)
Sep 15 11:45:38 prod afpd[11813]: server_child[1] 12342 done
Sep 15 11:45:39 prod afpd[12343]: ASIP session:548(1) from IP ADDRESS:2049(2)
Sep 15 11:45:39 prod afpd[12343]: randnum/rand2num login: USER
Sep 15 11:45:39 prod afpd[12343]: login USER (uid 537, gid 540)
Sep 15 11:55:38 prod afpd[12343]: dsi_stream_read(0): Operation not permitted
Sep 15 11:55:38 prod afpd[12343]: 2.55KB read, 6.53KB written
Sep 15 11:55:38 prod afpd[11813]: server_child[1] 12343 exited 1

Any ideas?

Thanks once again for all of the help.
Sean Phelan
Chicago Reader