Subject: pre-asun 2.1.4-37b and RedHat 6.1

From: Fabrizio Catalano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 23:18:17 +0100

Hi all!

I have just completed the installation of RedHat Linux 6.1 on my 
brand new LAN server.

Linux version is 2.2.12-20smp on an intel based system.
I have also compiled and installed OpenSSL 0.0.94

Trying to compile pre-asun 2.1.4-37b I get always some errors.

Here I have included the very last lines from the "make" log:
_____

cd adouble; make -w CC="gcc " DEFS="-DSENDFILE_FLAVOR_LINUX  " \
     RPCSVCDEFS="${RPCSVCDEFS}" \
     OPTOPTS="-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fsigned-char -Wunused 
-Wuninitialized " TCPWRAPDIR="/usr" DB2DIR=""
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4/libatalk/adouble'
mkdir profiled
gcc  -p -DSENDFILE_FLAVOR_LINUX   -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer 
-fsigned-char -Wunused -Wuninitialized  -I../../include -c ad_open.c
../include/atalk/adouble.h:In function `sendfile':
In file included from ad_open.c:38:
../../include/atalk/adouble.h:50: `__NR_sendfile' undeclared (first 
use this function)
../../include/atalk/adouble.h:50: (Each undeclared identifier is 
reported only once for each function it appears in.)
make[3]: *** [ad_open.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4/libatalk/adouble'
make[2]: *** [adouble] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4/libatalk'
make[1]: *** [../../libatalk] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4/sys/linux'
make: *** [all] Error 2
_____

Can anyone help me to get it compiled and installed?

Thanks

Fabrizio

---

From: Bo Laurent <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 12:06:12 -0500

I am running Red Hat Linux release 6.1 on a Sparc Classic.

I have installed 1.4b2+asun2.1.3.

I have two Mac clients, an 8500 and a Powerbook G3, both running MacOS 8.1.

After installing Netatalk, I was able to successfully access the 
Netatalk server from the Powerbook. However, the 8500 would show the 
Netatalk in the Chooser, but when you select it, it would say "No 
response from the server. Please try again."

Typing in the IP address at the Chooser succeeds, on either machine.

Some corruption on the Powerbook led to a clean install of MacOS 8.1. 
After the clean install, the Powerbook behaves like the 8500. That 
is, the Netatalk server is displayed in the Chooser, but when one 
attempts to choose it, the "No response" message is displayed. Typing 
in the IP address allows the Linux file system to be mounted on the 
Mac.

Any hints?

Also, how does one control Netatalk logfiles? I'd like to get a 
better idea of what it's doing.

Thanks,

Bo Laurent