Subject: Netatalk problems under FreeBSD 3.4

From: Chris Proctor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 13:22:24 +1100

Hi all,

We're running netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3.
I've seen this issues posted a few times, but haven't seen a solution
suggested as yet.
Basically, the clients are having problems when trying to drag and drop
files onto volumes on the FreeBSD server.
The server's giving these sorts of errors:
Nov  8 08:32:24 gw afpd[1454]: atp_rresp: Operation timed out
Nov  8 08:32:34 gw afpd[1454]: afp_die: asp_shutdown: Operation timed out
Nov  8 08:46:24 gw afpd[6967]: atp_rresp: Operation timed out
Nov  8 08:46:34 gw afpd[6967]: afp_die: asp_shutdown: Operation timed out
Nov  8 08:53:24 gw afpd[6980]: atp_rresp: Operation timed out
Nov  8 08:53:34 gw afpd[6980]: afp_die: asp_shutdown: Operation timed out

Someone else on this list noted that their problem was always happening at
34 milli-seconds each as well. Curious . . .

Anyone got a solution for this?

Regards,

Chris