Subject: Sharing problem - netatalk

From: Maciej Machacz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 12:27:17 +0200 (CEST)

Hello!

 Sorry for my poor english, but i have a big problem and I haven't any idea
 how can solve them.

 Actually a have a server working on a linux distribution - Redhat Zoot
 6.2,
 because it's a file and printserver for a few Mac workstations using a
 netatalk was absolutly neccesary for me.

 Example lines from my config files :

 AppleVolumes.default :
 -----------------------

 ~
 /home/prace1    prace   access=@users
 /home/prace2    prace1  access=@users
 /home2/print    print   access=@users

 afpd.conf :
 -----------

 -adress 10.76.175.1

 atalkd.conf :
 -------------

 eth0 -phase 2 -net 0-65534 -addr 65280.185

 config :
 ---------

 AFPD_MAX_CLIENTS=15
 ATALK_NAME=`echo ${HOSTNAME}|cut -d. -f1`
 PAPD_RUN=yes
 AFPD_RUN=yes
 ATALK_BGROUND=yes

 Directory permissions :
 -----------------------

 [root@ff /home]# ll
 total 20
 drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root        12288 Aug 21 23:13 lost+found
 drwxr-x---    2 root     others       1024 Sep  4 19:08 others
 drwxrwx---   39 root     users        2048 Sep 20 18:13 prace1
 drwxrwx---   13 root     users        4096 Sep 20 18:13 prace2
 drwxr-x---   21 root     users        1024 Sep  4 19:08 users
 [root@ff /home]#

 [root@ff /home2]# ll
 total 16
 drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Sep 15 17:51 lost+found
 drwxrwx---   14 root     users        4096 Sep 20 18:13 print
 drwxr-xr-x   11 root     root         4096 Sep 12 18:44 spool
 drwx------   17 root     root         4096 Sep 12 18:39 var_old
 [root@ff /home2]#

 Above settings wotking fine, but there is a problem, namely all is OK if
 any
 user would log into prace1, prace2 or home directory but if he connect
 into
 share "print" he haven't any permissions except reading and executing to
 this share.

 Where is the problem? What did I badly ?

 Plese help me, because all of my previous attempts to solve this problem
 failed .... :-(

 With regards
 --
 Maciej Machacz
 [email-masked]
 ICQ:54914949