Subject: netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4 + Solaris 8 + DES / SSL

From: Michael Jahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 00:01:08 +0100

Hi everybody,

I am trying to compile netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4 (39_test, tried others too)
and I keep getting problems when trying to include either DES or SSL
support. The error below is with SSL enabled. I do not know enough about
this linking business to work it out myself. System is Solaris 8 on Ultra 1
Creator 3D with gcc-2.95.2, openssl (both 0.9.5a and 0.9.4) and most recent
libdes. Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Michael

PS.: It compiles fine (and works very well) with just the tcp wrapper
support enabled in the Makefile.

gcc -I../../include -fPIC -DNO_STRUCT_TM_GMTOFF -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS
-I../../sys/generic    -D_ISOC9X_SOURCE  -O -I/usr/local/ssl/include
-I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl -DUAM_RNDNUM -DUAM_DHX  \
 -c uams_randnum.c
gcc -shared -o uams_randnum.so uams_randnum.o -L/usr/local/ssl/lib \
-lcrypto 
Text relocation remains          referenced
    against symbol       offset  in file
memcmp                   0x78    /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(set_key.o)
memcmp                   0x418   /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(set_key.o)
des_encrypt              0x318c  /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(des_enc.o)
[..]
<unknown>                0x3918  /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(des_enc.o)
<unknown>                0x391c  /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(des_enc.o)
ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `uams_randnum.so'
Current working directory /install/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4/etc/uams
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
Current working directory /install/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4/etc/uams