Subject: Problems running netatalk on FreeBSD 4.0 (RELEASE)

From: [email-masked] (David Zimmer)
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 23:06:44 +0200

Hello,

I just tried to install the netatalk port from the FreeBSD ports
collection but when trying to start netatalk it does not start with the
error message

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libcrypto.so.1" not found

Obviously this library is missing on my systems, (it really is not there I
issued a find command to find the file but it yielded no results)

Does anybody know where I can get this library for FreeBSD or which
package or port I have to install so I get this library onto my system.

Thanks,

David

================================================================
David A. Zimmer                      Zimmer Medienhaus AG
mailto: [email-masked]            Merchinger Strasse 69
http://www.saargate.de          66663 Merzig, Germany
Phone: +49 6861 9312-0         Fax: +49 6861 9312-13
-- all kind of spam to this email address forbidden/keine Werbemails --
================================================================

---

From: Cliff Crawford <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 18:12:06 -0400

libcrypto comes with openssl (/usr/ports/security/openssl), I believe.
Also, if you have root access, you can run /stand/sysinstall, go to
Configure, and install the CRYPTO distribution set.

-- 
cliff crawford    -><-    http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
                                                       icq 68165166
"IS I yes wardrobe yield [the] evaluation."     member of A.H.M.A.D.