Subject: Netatalk ON OSX SERVER 1.2 is WORKING

From: TimY <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 14:19:56 -0700

I have just completed compiling and installing 
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4 on OSX Server 1.2.  It works like a charm. 
No ddp support so it does not show up in the chooser.  But alias's to 
the server work and you can get to it if you use just the IP.  No big 
deal.

I will be happy to send in a FAQ next week so everyone that is 
interested can do this.  Please give me some time over the weekend to 
digest everything I had to do to get this to work.

I will also try to get the newest version of Netatalk to compile in the future.

Later,
Tim Yardley
Dark Horse Comics, Inc.

---

From: Maurice Volaski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:59:03 -0500

>No ddp support so it does not show up in the chooser.  But alias's 
>to the server work and you can get to it if you use just the IP.  No 
>big deal.

It does show up in the Chooser, and it also works under AppleTalk.

But and much more importantly, if you are using HFS+ disks, the 
server will stall when you try to copy large files (>> 100 MB) to it. 
The larger the file, the longer the stall. Files about 1 GB can cause 
the server to drop the connection altogether.
-- 

Maurice Volaski, [email-masked]
Computing Support, Rose F. Kennedy Center
Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University