Subject: Compile errors

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:24:48 EDT

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get Netatalk to run on my stock Mandrake system.  When trying 
to compile either teh release version or the pre-release version I get the 
following:

Netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 --
when 
/usr/lib/libwrap.a (hosts_access.o): In function 'host_match':
hosts_access.o(.text+0x209): undefined reference to 'yp_get_default_domain'
then Make exits

Netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4 --
when compiling afppasswd

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcrypto

Any hints/info would be greatly appreciated.  It would also get my wife off 
my butt to get her Mac on the network <grin>.  Thanks in advance.

Jerry Merten

---

From: Marc Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 12:03:59 -0700 (PDT)

I remember having that problem.  It went away after I went through the
README and README.LINUX files and modified the Makefiles to reflect the
correct directories and DEFS options.  But I did it all at once, so I
don't remember exactly which thing fixed this particular compile
error.  Did you read the README?

> my butt to get her Mac on the network <grin>.  Thanks in advance.

============================================================
	/\/\arc ._|. /\/\iller ([email-masked])
	Computer Room Consultant
	Information Technology/Lab Management
============================================================
I can be contacted through the Communication Center link from
http://www.mother.com/~mjmiller/