Subject: Installation problems of netatalk on Solaris 27, 32-bit kernel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 12:27:20 +0200

Hi folks,

I have quite some problems in installing netatalk (netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4 ) on
Solaris 2.7 (32-bit kernel). Main problems seem to occur when running 'make
kinstall'. A number of warnings are printed that might perhaps (and I have to
add that I am a rookie with respect to C/C++ etc.) have a negative effect on
data integrity (later when running atalk). I have appended the output of 'make
kinstall', so if anybody has an idea whether the warnings should or should not
be taken seriously, could he/she let me know, please?

Apart from that: compiling the sources without any of the additional features
(DB2DIR, TCPWRAPDIR etc.) seems to work. However, including TCPWRAP leads to a
fatal error, since 'tcpd.h' cannot be found... Any idea?

Wulf Dirk.

------------------------- Output of 'make kinstall' ---------------------------

Making kinstall for solaris...
Making kernel for sparc...
gcc -DNO_STRUCT_TM_GMTOFF -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS -I../../sys/generic
-D_ISOC9X_SOURCE  -O -I../../include -I../netatalk -D_KERNEL -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles        -fpcc-struct-return
-DVERSION=\"`cat ../../VERSION`\" -c linkage.c
gcc -DNO_STRUCT_TM_GMTOFF -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS -I../../sys/generic
-D_ISOC9X_SOURCE  -O -I../../include -I../netatalk -D_KERNEL -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles        -fpcc-struct-return
-c  tpi.c
gcc -DNO_STRUCT_TM_GMTOFF -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS -I../../sys/generic
-D_ISOC9X_SOURCE  -O -I../../include -I../netatalk -D_KERNEL -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles        -fpcc-struct-return
-c  dlpi.c
gcc -DNO_STRUCT_TM_GMTOFF -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS -I../../sys/generic
-D_ISOC9X_SOURCE  -O -I../../include -I../netatalk -D_KERNEL -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles        -fpcc-struct-return
-c  ioc.c
In file included from ioc.c:5:
/usr/include/string.h:43: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
`memcpy'
/usr/include/string.h:51: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
`memcmp'
/usr/include/string.h:69: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
`memset'
ioc.c: In function `ioc_copyout':
ioc.c:113: warning: implicit declaration of function `bcopy'
gcc -DNO_STRUCT_TM_GMTOFF -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS -I../../sys/generic
-D_ISOC9X_SOURCE  -O -I../../include -I../netatalk -D_KERNEL -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles        -fpcc-struct-return
-c  if.c
In file included from if.c:14:
/usr/include/string.h:43: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
`memcpy'
/usr/include/string.h:51: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
`memcmp'
/usr/include/string.h:69: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
`memset'
if.c: In function `if_name':
if.c:62: warning: implicit declaration of function `bzero'
if.c: In function `if_getaddr':
if.c:122: warning: implicit declaration of function `bcopy'
if.c: In function `if_pickaddr':
if.c:213: warning: passing arg 2 of `qtimeout' from incompatible pointer type
if.c: In function `if_setaddr':
if.c:279: warning: passing arg 2 of `qtimeout' from incompatible pointer type
gcc -DNO_STRUCT_TM_GMTOFF -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS -I../../sys/generic
-D_ISOC9X_SOURCE  -O -I../../include -I../netatalk -D_KERNEL -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles        -fpcc-struct-return
-c  aarp.c
In file included from aarp.c:13:
/usr/include/string.h:43: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
`memcpy'
/usr/include/string.h:51: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
`memcmp'
/usr/include/string.h:69: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
`memset'
aarp.c: In function `aarp_alloc':
aarp.c:69: warning: implicit declaration of function `bzero'
aarp.c: In function `aarp_timeout':
aarp.c:120: warning: passing arg 2 of `qtimeout' from incompatible pointer type
aarp.c:120: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
aarp.c: In function `aarp_init':
aarp.c:135: warning: passing arg 2 of `qtimeout' from incompatible pointer type
aarp.c:135: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
aarp.c: In function `aarp_clean':
aarp.c:145: warning: passing arg 2 of `quntimeout' makes pointer from integer
without a cast
aarp.c: In function `aarp_rput':
aarp.c:195: warning: implicit declaration of function `bcmp'
aarp.c:200: warning: implicit declaration of function `bcopy'
gcc -DNO_STRUCT_TM_GMTOFF -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS -I../../sys/generic
-D_ISOC9X_SOURCE  -O -I../../include -I../netatalk -D_KERNEL -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles        -fpcc-struct-return
-c  ddp.c
In file included from ddp.c:11:
/usr/include/string.h:43: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
`memcpy'
/usr/include/string.h:51: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
`memcmp'
/usr/include/string.h:69: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
`memset'
ddp.c: In function `ddp_rput':
ddp.c:46: warning: implicit declaration of function `bzero'
gcc -DNO_STRUCT_TM_GMTOFF -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS -I../../sys/generic
-D_ISOC9X_SOURCE  -O -I../../include -I../netatalk -D_KERNEL -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles        -fpcc-struct-return
-c  sock.c
In file included from sock.c:11:
/usr/include/string.h:43: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
`memcpy'
/usr/include/string.h:51: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
`memcmp'
/usr/include/string.h:69: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
`memset'
sock.c: In function `sock_alloc':
sock.c:31: warning: implicit declaration of function `bzero'
gcc -DNO_STRUCT_TM_GMTOFF -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS -I../../sys/generic
-D_ISOC9X_SOURCE  -O -I../../include -I../netatalk -D_KERNEL -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles        -fpcc-struct-return
-c  rt.c
ld -r -o ddp linkage.o tpi.o dlpi.o ioc.o if.o aarp.o ddp.o sock.o rt.o
rm -f /etc/rc2.d/S79atalk /etc/rc0.d/K79atalk
if [ x"" != x ] ; then \
     rm -f /usr/kernel/drv/sparcv9/ddp; \
     rm -f /usr/kernel/strmod/sparcv9/ddp; \
else \
     rm -f /usr/kernel/drv/ddp; \
     rm -f /usr/kernel/strmod/ddp; \
fi
rm -f /usr/kernel/drv/ddp.conf
rem_drv ddp
sync;sync;sync
if [ x"" != x ]; then \
     /usr/ucb/install -c ddp /usr/kernel/drv/sparcv9/ddp; \
     ln /usr/kernel/drv/sparcv9/ddp /usr/kernel/strmod/sparcv9/ddp; \
else \
     /usr/ucb/install -c ddp /usr/kernel/drv/ddp; \
     ln /usr/kernel/drv/ddp /usr/kernel/strmod/ddp; \
fi
/usr/ucb/install -c ddp.conf /usr/kernel/drv/ddp.conf
add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' ddp
sync;sync;sync
if [ -f /etc/init.d/atalk ]; then \
     echo "Preserving existing /etc/init.d/atalk settings."; \
else \
sed -e s@:DESTDIR:@/usr/local/atalk@ -e s@:SBINDIR:@/usr/local/atalk/sbin@ \
     -e s@:BINDIR:@/usr/local/atalk/bin@ -e s@:RESDIR:@/usr/local/atalk/etc@ \
     -e s@:ETCDIR:@/usr/local/atalk/etc@ -e s@:LIBDIR:@/usr/local/atalk/lib@ \
     -e s@:INCDIR:@/usr/local/atalk/include@ \
    < ../../distrib/initscripts/rc.atalk.sysv > /etc/init.d/atalk; \
fi
Preserving existing /etc/init.d/atalk settings.
chmod 744 /etc/init.d/atalk
ln -s ../init.d/atalk /etc/rc2.d/S79atalk
ln -s ../init.d/atalk /etc/rc0.d/K79atalk

--- END 'make kinstall'
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Dr. Wulf Dirk Leuschner
Epidauros Biotechnologie AG
Am Neuland 1
D-82347 Bernried
Tel.:    ++49-(0)8158-99 85 53
FAX:    ++49-(0)8158-99 85 48
e-mail:   [email-masked]