Subject: [Fwd: bugs or normal?]

From: Hong F Du <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:28:34 -0400

Subject: bugs or normal?
From: Hong F Du <[email-masked]>
To: netatalk-admins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 16:08:31 -0400

Hi All,
I have netatalk netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-7.i386.rpm running under Redhat
6.1.
There are two network cards in my linux box. eth0 is connected to
internet, mac router and other existing Macs in, say 'good zone', with
legal ip,  eth1 is connected to a mac LAN with private ip (192.168.1.0)

Problems:
Each time I restart atalkd, it causes all macs in 'good zone' lose zone
and printer connections. I have to re-setup AppleTalk and Chooser on
each mac there.

Is this normall for netatalk or AppleTalk? There is a  router running in
the 'good zone'  already, and my atalkd gets routing information from it
and proving nothing new to the network on eth0, why dose my restarted
atalkd effect the entire 'good zone' on eth0? Is there a way to avoid
this happening?

Thank you for your help.

feng