Subject: asun 2.1.3 on Solaris 7 (x86)

From: Ricardo Stella <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 17:11:57 -0400

I ask again, since I never saw a reply...

Anybody running ANY version of netatalk under Solaris 7 (Intel) ?  If
so, what version ?

We've been having either problems connecting with 99xxxx version, or
compilation problems with asun2.1.3.

Any tips, help, appreciated...

---

From: "Michael Mercier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 16:21:46 -0600

I run netatalk1.4b2+asun2.1.4b37 on Solaris x86.  We use the machine as a
restore server for our macs and I have not had any problems with it.  We also
run a version of netatalk on Solaris for our main file server (not sure which
version) and have not had any problems on that end either.

Mike

Ricardo Stella wrote:

>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>   Ricardo Stella
>   Manager
>   Rider University
>   O.I.T.
>
>   Ricardo Stella
>   Manager
>   Rider University
>   O.I.T.
>   Lawrenceville     Fax: 1-609-219-4994
>   NJ                Work: 1-609-896-5000 x7436
>   08648             Netscape Conference Address
>   Additional Information:
>   Last Name     Stella
>   First Name    Ricardo
>   Version       2.1

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:31:49 -0700 (PDT)

> Any tips, help, appreciated...

I don't have experience with netatalk on Solaris 7, but I think the
standard disclaimer applies: Grab the latest test release from:

ftp://ftp.cobaltnet.com/pub/users/asun/testing/

Adrian Sun has made a lot of improvements since the 2.1.3 release and the
code is much cleaner as well.  Give it a shot!

	Andy

---

From: Ricardo Stella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 15:46:27 -0400

What version of Solaris x86 ?  Cause 7 doesn't seem to work...

BTW, about not been able to use GCC to make a 64 bit kernel is not
applicable, since x86 is still 32 bits only.

Here's a rundown on what happens:

Using GCC 2.8.1
Solaris 7 x86
now trying 1.4b2+asun2.1.4b39
Disabled DB2DIR, CRYPTODIR, DESDIR, TCPWRAPDIR, PAMDIR, CRACKDIR,
AFSDIR, KRMDIR

gcc -p -DNO_STRUCT_TM_GMTOFF -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS -I../../sys/generic  
-D_ISOC9
X_SOURCE -O -I../../include  -DTCPWRAP -c dsi_tcp.c
dsi_tcp.c:35: tcpd.h: No such file or directory
make[4]: *** [dsi_tcp.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/intel/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4/libata
lk/dsi'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/intel/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4/libata
lk/dsi'
make[2]: *** [dsi] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/intel/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4/libata
lk'
make[1]: *** [../../libatalk] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/intel/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4/sys/so
laris'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Note that 2.1.3 would not compile either...
990130 would compile but clients could not connect to it as I posted a
week or so ago...

So... Am I missing something ??? TIA.

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:48:15 -0700 (PDT)

> make[4]: *** [dsi_tcp.o] Error 1

So it looks like you are missing tcpd.h...  On my linux machine,
/usr/include/tcpd.h is owned by the tcp-wrappers package.  And it looks
like you've got "-DTCPWRAP" defined somehow...

	Andy

---

From: Ricardo Stella <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 17:38:47 -0400

Thanks for the tip... Somehow TCPWRAPPER stayed there even after a make
clean.  I started again with a fresh tar and it compiled !

Next, I'll start to enable each piece... Yes, TCPWRAPPER libs are not
there (as it's not ship with Solaris, though I do have the libraries
elseware).

Now, about the SSL stuff... In the US, we are still bound to use RSAREF
here.  With openssl we use the RSAGLUE library.  Any pointers as to
where we need them defined ?

Usually it's defined like:  

-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl -lRSAglue -lcrypto -lrsaref

So far all I found is that the libs are included somewhere...

Thanks in advance...