Subject: Netatalk source from sourceforge...

From: Wes Yates <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 15:45:22 -0500

>  > from the above line, it looks as though you have ASIP
>>  (AppleShare IP)
>>  running. I'm curious about the (1.5) though. Mine says
>>  (1.4b2+asun2.1.4).
>
>This is the version from sourceforge.

I downloaded the source, but...

>
>>
>>  >Nov  8 16:34:15 thor afpd[4219]: uam: uams_randnum.so loaded
>>  >Nov  8 16:34:15 thor afpd[4219]: uam: uams_guest.so loaded
>>  >Nov  8 16:34:15 thor afpd[4219]: uam: "No User Authent" available
>>  >Nov  8 16:34:15 thor afpd[4219]: uam: "2-Way Randnum
>>  exchange" available
>>  >Nov  8 16:34:15 thor afpd[4219]: uam: "Randnum exchange" available
>>
>>  See, I want to know how you got the 2-way Random number to work...
>>  tell me what uam modules you have... Do you have the uams in
>>  /etc/atalk/uams or /usr/local/atalk/etc/uams or what?
>
>Do you have openssl installed?
>
>This is the line I use to configure my box, and I get the same level
>of support:
>
>./configure --with-pam --with-cracklib --enable-lastdid

...I don't have "configure". "I have configure.in" and "install-sh". 
Do I have the right source?

>
>The last one is to disable the directory id/inode-dev mapping kludge.
>You might need the cracklib support.  Openssl should be installed from
>source to the standard place to get the configure script to find it.

I have that in /usr/local/ssl (installed from another need).

>Jon

-- 
-Wes Yates
Arts Engraving
704-523-5115
[email-masked]

"It is now safe to shut off your computer"

Yes. Fitting last words.

---

From: jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 16:03:46 -0500

> Do I have the right source?

Yes you do. 1.5pre1 came out without having configure built (my oops).
1.5pre2 (1.4.99-0.20001108 is the number on the tarball) is now up at
sourceforge if you'd like something a little more recent and (hopefully)
less buggy. It *does* have the configure script built this time.

For anyone who wants to rebuild the configure script, run ./autogen.sh

Thanks,
jeff

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 13:11:23 -0800 (PST)

> Do I have the right source?

Yes, you need to run the autogen.sh script first to generate the configure
script.  It looks like a new 1.5 pre-release has just been released on
sourceforge, so you might want to grab that before you proceed.

	Andy

---

From: Frank Joerdens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 18:15:24 +0100

do they provide a mirror somewhere? my request to download the source times out
(sourceforge seems to down quite often, or at least the download facility).

- Frank

---

From: Marc Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:43:19 -0800 (PST)

I noticed that yesterday too.  Sourceforge was never this busy before
(assuming it's a load problem and not a functionality problem).

> (sourceforge seems to down quite often, or at least the download facility).

============================================================
	/\/\arc ._|. /\/\iller ([email-masked])
	Computer Room Consultant
	Information Technology/Lab Management
============================================================
I can be contacted through the Communication Center link from
http://www.mother.com/~mjmiller/

---

From: Frank Joerdens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:47:05 +0100

> sourceforge, so you might want to grab that before you proceed.

Initially running autogen.sh failed because I didn't have libtool installed, now I've
grabbed the libtool rpm for my OS (SuSE 6.1) and I get

limedes:/usr/src/netatalk # ./autogen.sh
autoconf: Undefined macros:
configure.in:22:AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
autoconf: Undefined macros:
configure.in:22:AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

If I ignore that and do ./configure and make:

/bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -I../../include -I../../sys  -o
libadouble.la   ad_open.lo ad_flush.lo ad_read.lo ad_write.lo ad_size.lo ad_mmap.lo
ad_lock.lo ad_date.lo ad_attr.lo ad_sendfile.lo  -lrpcsvc -lresolv -lnsl -ldl -ldb
-lcrypt  -L../../libatalk/
libtool: link: `-L../../libatalk/' cannot specify a relative directory
make[3]: *** [libadouble.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk/libatalk/adouble'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk/libatalk'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Which looks to me as if there was still a problem with libtool . . . has anyone seen this
or any ideas?

Cheers Frank

---

From: Chris Johns <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 11:10:01 +1100

Frank Joerdens wrote:
> Which looks to me as if there was still a problem with libtool . . . has anyone
> seen this or any ideas?
> 

I had problems, but I cannot remember if this was the same problem. I
get the undefined macros and also ignored them. I used the CVS release
of libtool. It worked better. I still had a couple of small hacks to
make. I think a libtool link was wrong.

-- 
 Chris Johns, mailto:[email-masked] mailto:[email-masked]