Subject: Re: Password authentication problem

From: "Ivan Quintero" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 18:32:03 PDT

> >Then I came across a couple of postings talking about commeting out parts 
>of
> >an include librarie called "auth.c".  I followed the instructions for 
>this
> >solution and it gave me compile errrors.
>
>Which version of netatalk are you using?
>On which platform?
>What exactly did you comment out?

I am using netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3

I commented out the lines that said something like

/* #ifdef SOLARIS */
#define SHADOWPW
/* #endif SOLARIS */

It seems that a lot of people that are getting started with the software are 
having the same problem. Is there a place on the web where they have this 
bug documented. I would figure that someone would have corrected the source 
already.

Thanks for the help.
________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 13:17:29 +0200

>I commented out the lines that said something like

So, did you look if shadow.h is realy included later in the code?
I re-posted a small fix from someone yesterday or the day before.

:wq! PoC