Subject: Re: Netatalk not registering name on network?

From: John L Grantham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 01:32:12 +0100

On 27/2/00 12:50 am, Patrik Schindler at [email-masked] was inspired to 
say:

>At 0:34 Uhr +0100 27.02.2000, John L Grantham wrote:
>
>>Any suggestions?
>
>Have a look at the syslog. Further dignostics are now possible without 
>information from there.

I managed to find the problem--it was an incorrect setup in my firewall 
and routing tables that I had overlooked (the firewall was allowing 
192.168.0.x, but blocking everything in 192.168.1.x, which was the subnet 
that netatalk was running in). D'oh!

cya

John

---

John Grantham | Freelance Graphic and Web Designer
              | Dipl.-Designer (FH)
              | Homepage: http://surf.to/multimedia
              | MacLinux: http://www.maclinux.de/