Subject: login problems (cleartext passwords)...

From: Casey Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 15:47:42 -0700

Hi all!

I'm able to login as Guest, but it fails when I try to login as a
Registered User.

Background::
Slackware 7.0 - Kernel 2.2.13
Netatalk 2.1.4-test_39
 I've added -DSHADOWPW to the etc/afpd/Makefile in the CFLAGS section
 Commented out the DES and Crypto defs in the Makefile.
 Added -lcrypt -lrpcsvc to the DEFs section of sys/linux/Makefile

Here's a copy of the relevant part of syslog:

May 22 13:44:48 lvfs atalkd[5314]: restart (1.4b2+asun2.1.4)
May 22 13:44:49 lvfs atalkd[5314]: zip_getnetinfo for eth0
May 22 13:44:49 lvfs atalkd[5314]: zip gnireply from 1000.102 (eth0 12)
May 22 13:44:49 lvfs atalkd[5314]: zip_packet configured eth0 from
1000.102
May 22 13:44:49 lvfs atalkd[5314]: zip gnireply from 1000.197 (eth0 b2)
May 22 13:44:49 lvfs atalkd[5314]: zip ignoring gnireply
May 22 13:44:49 lvfs atalkd[5314]: zip gnireply from 1000.159 (eth0 b2)
May 22 13:44:49 lvfs atalkd[5314]: zip ignoring gnireply
May 22 13:44:54 lvfs atalkd[5314]: rtmp_packet gateway 1000.197 up
May 22 13:44:55 lvfs atalkd[5314]: rtmp_packet gateway 1000.159 up
May 22 13:44:56 lvfs atalkd[5314]: rtmp_packet gateway 1000.102 up
May 22 13:44:58 lvfs atalkd[5314]: zip skip reply 1000-1000 from
1000.197 (no query)
May 22 13:44:58 lvfs atalkd[5314]: zip skip reply 1000-1000 from
1000.159 (no query)
May 22 13:45:28 lvfs atalkd[5314]: as_timer can't get zone for 16
May 22 13:45:28 lvfs atalkd[5314]: as_timer can't get zone for 3
May 22 13:45:28 lvfs atalkd[5314]: ready -1/0/0
May 22 13:45:34 lvfs afpd[5316]: lvfs:AFPServer@* started on
1000.221:128 (1.4b2+asun2.1.4)
May 22 13:45:34 lvfs afpd[5316]: ASIP started on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:548(1)
(1.4b2+asun2.1.4)
May 22 13:47:39 lvfs afpd[5322]: cleartext login: foo
May 22 13:47:51 lvfs afpd[5324]: session from 1000.236:245 on
1000.221:130

yes, foo is a valid user. :)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
-- 
=====================================================================
Casey Lewis                     email:	[email-masked]
R&R Partners :: IT Manager      phone:  702.228.0222
http://www.rrpartners.com/      fax:    702.228.7885
=====================================================================