Subject: Re: copying installer and smi files

From: "Kevin Chan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 16:39:28 PDT

No, this is not the case at all.  As I said, the user can transfer regular 
files just fine (files like binaries, documents, jpg, etc.), it is only the 
installers and .smi files that have problems.

Even when we ftp the installer files, they magically become non-installer 
files.  I suspect that this has something to do with the server rather than 
netatalk, but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

KevinChan
Systems Administrator
Administrative Computing

> > The error that comes up on the Mac is a -50 error.  It is suppose to be 
>some
> > sort of username/parameter error, but I am not sure what that means.
>i would assume that the mac(-user) isn't allowed to create the
>.AppleDouble-dir in the directory you want your .smi-s to put in
>
>hth,
>thomas (R)
>

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com