Subject: mount mac on linux...

From: Ari Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 11:59:30 -0500

Does anyone know how to mount a mac drive on linux via appletalk? 
There's gotta be a way.

THX

	--Ari
Ari E. Berman
Graduate Student (PhD Track) & System Administrator
[email-masked]
http://www.icmb.utexas.edu/
Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology
University of Texas at Austin

---

From: Rich Lafferty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 13:22:10 -0400

> Does anyone know how to mount a mac drive on linux via appletalk? 

Port the unmaintained afpfs code that barely worked under 2.0 kernels
to something more current. (This is on my
to-do-but-will-probably-never-get-done list).

Or, run DAVE or ASIP on the Mac, and mount it as an SMB volume.

Or, experiment with the Mac NFS server on hyperarchive (which I've
never got to work myself).

Personally, I do backups to a Mac drive right now, but I do them by
piping tar through ncftpput, which is somewhere in messy-hack
territory. :-)
 
  -Rich

-- 
------------------------------ Rich Lafferty ---------------------------
 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services
   Concordia University, Montreal, QC                 (514) 848-7625
------------------------- [email-masked] ----------------------

---

From: Jaime Mantel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 02:16:01 -0700

I am working on getting netatalk with AFS support working on solaris.
I got netatalk+asun built and I am working on the install.  I remember
seeing something about Authman UAM not working on any MacOS greater
than 8.1. Is this true?  I would like to know for sure before putting
in a lot of time on this.

TIA,
Jaim