Subject: Re: Disappearing files.....

From: "lists-mail" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 18:00:39 -0000

Getting it to create a new one via umounting would have been a problem at the 
time. It can be hard to get everyone to umount during the day. I have since 
instituted the unmounting of volumes at the end of the workday by all Mac users 
and that met with no complaints.

DAve

Netatalk <[email-masked]> said:

> On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 06:12:39PM -0000, lists-mail wrote:
> > OK the afpd errors were appearing because the .AppleDesktop directories were 
> > missing. I did make a copy of he one remaining and distribute it through the 
> > volumne, only beacuse I cannot figure out how to create a new one!
> 
> The Finder should create them anew when it doesn't find any, just make sure
> the user has permission to create the directory and remount the volume.
> Actually that's one of the first things I do when Macs start to behave
> strange: trash the .AppleDesktop ... that solves about 10% of the incidents
> right away.
> 
> CU
> 
> Roland Schulz
> [email-masked]
> 

--