Subject: Connection LOST

From: Joerg Henner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:19:01 +0100

Hi,

here are the Error-Messages for the "connection lost" Problem with the
1.4.99 release from SourceForge:

Dec  6 14:58:44 phoesrv1 afpd[16806]: logout pk
Dec  6 14:58:44 phoesrv1 PAM_pwdb[16806]: (netatalk) session closed for user pk
Dec  6 14:58:44 phoesrv1 afpd[16806]: 1.53KB read, 2.17KB written
Dec  6 14:58:44 phoesrv1 afpd[16806]: Connection terminated
Dec  6 14:58:44 phoesrv1 afpd[16468]: server_child[1] 16806 done
Dec  6 14:58:59 phoesrv1 afpd[16809]: ASIP session:548(2) from 192.168.0.114:2052(0)
Dec  6 14:58:59 phoesrv1 afpd[16468]: server_child[1] 16809 done
Dec  6 14:59:01 phoesrv1 afpd[16810]: ASIP session:548(2) from 192.168.0.114:2053(0)
Dec  6 14:59:01 phoesrv1 afpd[16810]: cleartext login: pk
Dec  6 14:59:01 phoesrv1 PAM_pwdb[16810]: (netatalk) session opened for user pk by (uid=0)
Dec  6 14:59:01 phoesrv1 afpd[16810]: login pk (uid 522, gid 100)

Server SuSE 6.3, EXT2-Filesystem and any needed/available Updates...

Hope someone could help...

Greetings,

Joerg Henner.

-- 
LinuxHaus Stuttgart                    | Tel.:  +49 (7 11) 2 85 19 05
J. Henner & A. Reyer, Datentechnik GbR | D2:    +49 (1 72) 7 35 31 09
                                       | Fax:   +49 (7 11) 5 78 06 92
Linux, Netzwerke, Consulting & Support | http://lihas.de

---

From: "Marc J. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 11:33:43 -0800

Looks pretty normal to me.  FYI, "Connection terminated" is something I 
added so that when the user was gone, there would be something standard in 
the log showing the user was gone no matter how the session ended.  It 
gives automatic log parsers something to search for.

---

From: Joerg Henner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 20:42:32 +0100

>gives automatic log parsers something to search for.

As the users from our customers told me, they get more "disconnected" - and
have to re-connect ... This happened when transfer (bigger) files from and
to the Server ... (the Custumer uses MacOS 8.6 - and one G4 with OS-9).

I'm wondering that this behaviour nobody else have... - or is there any
posibility to set the "timeout" ?

Joerg Henner.