Subject: Re: Re: netatalk: netgroup support

From: "jeff b" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 19:41:01 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000 Rich Lafferty  wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 04:44:44PM +0100,
> Norman Paterson ([email-masked]) wrote:
> >
> > So I concluded that my netatalk had been compiled on a system which did
> > not have NETGROUP enabled and since libwrap is static, it doesn't use
> > my libwrap.
> 
> Sounds about right, from the sounds of things.
>  
> > Therefore I should recompile netatalk on my system to pick up my
> > libwrap. (Sorry if this seems laboured - I'm new to Linux, RPM, and
> > netatalk, so it took me all day to get this far.)
> > 
> > I got the netatalk src.rpm but I have not been able to get it to
> > recompile.
> 
> First thing I'd do right here is to try to build from the pristine
> sources instead of from the RPM. While you don't have an entry in your
> RPM database when it's all done, you know that everything happens as
> expected by the author, rather than by the rpm-repackager.

I've been working on a packaging of 1.4b2+asun2.1.4pre39 for awhile. Every
time I get it to build, I would have trouble getting the UAMs to work
properly. I asked Adrian about it, and he seemed to think it was a
configuration problem. After more time of hacking the Makefiles, I finally
got it to build UAMs that would load... partially. My uams_randnum and
uams_guest always worked, but none of the others would build. Then I got
the cleartext modules to build, but they refuse to work with my system,
even after implementing the -DSHADOWPW hack as described numerous times on
this list. I have the srpm for you, if you want to try hacking it a bit....
The major advantage to the 2.1.4pre39 over the older 2.1.3 package seems to
be mainly the addition of stable ASIP (which for some reason didn't always
work on my last test box), nicer UAMs (although I can't verify this one)
and many more configuration switches to play around with in the config
files.
     
*************************
jeff b
system administrator
university communications
university of connecticut
[email-masked]