Subject: Not enough access

From: "Zachary Burnham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 19:22:29 -0400

Hi all.

I've got a RedHat 6.2 box running Netatalk (duh.)  I have the 
/home/httpd/html directory entered into a user's AppleVolumes.  It mounts
ok, and he authenticates ok.  However, I cannot write (more specifically,
overwrite) files on those volumes once mounted on the Mac.  I've checked the
permissions of the directories and files in question, and they are owned by
that login.  The user can overwrite files in his /home/user directory fine.
The Mac is a G4/400 running OS 9.0.4 and the latest and greatest everything
I can find.  Thoughts?

Zach

---

From: Norman tenBroek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:06:38 -0400

>The Mac is a G4/400 running OS 9.0.4 and the latest and greatest everything

Zach,

Have you checked the .Appledouble directory permissions? The resource 
forks for your datafiles will be in there and may have different 
permissions. Therefore causing some problems.

Norm
-- 
Norman tenBroek
Systems Manager
Dept. of Molecular Biology
617-726-2359