Subject: rc.atalk

From: Wagner One <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 06:32:11 -0600

Am I overlooking something somewhere or does the current stable and/or
testing version of netatalk not build a rc.atalk?

Just wondering... I don't want to build it manually if I don't have too. :)

Thanks,
Mike

-- 
Mike Wagner
Ein falsches totes Erscheinen ist besser als ein guter Tag an der Arbeit...
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

---

From: Mary Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 08:38:56 -0500

Some distributions, like RedHat, don't make an rc.atalk file.  In my RedHat
6.1, I find atalk in /etc/rc.d/init.d/atalk.

Mary S

---

From: Wagner One <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 08:22:02 -0600

On 2/8/2000 7:38 AM, Mary Stracke wrote:

I'm not using the distribution version. I have the latest testing version
and the documentation claims a rc.atalk file will be created during the
build and end up in DESTDIR/etc that can then be called by the sys rc files,
but I don't think I've ever seen that file generated in my year or two of
using netatalk/asun. I'm just wondering if I'm overlooking it or not looking
for it in the right place...

-- 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
"It's smooooth atonal sound. It's like a cross between a hurricane and a
ship that's run aground... comin' down on meeee!" - Phish

---

From: Dejan Muhamedagic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 19:23:24 +0100

Hello,

On pre2.1.4-36a and 37b the thing (script is called atalk) is generated
every time you type install and it ends in /sbin/init.d or /etc/rc.d,
and it disturbed me much because it is also redhat specific, I think, so
I have to keep a safe copy of my SuSE version.  There's also an
elaborate section in sys/linux/Makefile on this.  If you a SuSE version
I can send you one.

Dejan

-- 

Dejan Muhamedagic   mailto:[email-masked]
UNIX and Linux Support   mailto:[email-masked]

Quant-X Service & Consulting Ges.m.b.H.  http://www.quant-x.com
Phn: +43 4212 90555-0     Fax: 90555-20    Free: +800 90555 000