Subject: Re: .ppd problem

From: "TheBong Pipe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 15:46:16 PST

It has finally got ok.... (phew).
First: the second line in the papd.conf file must have a tab before
Second: in the .ppd file there's a line called "DOS filename", and the ppd 
must have THAT name.

Een f that error disappeared, there's still the non working printer problem, 
which I am now trying to solve.
It's a postscript HP3550CP plotter.
The question is: if I print from a mac, the page is converted in postscript 
by the mac, then printed using the ppd file? If so, I wouldn't need any 
filter in my printcap. Did I got it?
______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 09:06:44 -0800 (PST)

> filter in my printcap. Did I got it?

If your printer understands postscript, then you shouldn't need to run any
filters programs on the unix box.  The mac will generate the proper
postscript code using hints from the PPD file.  All the PPD file on the
unix box does is tell papd how to respond to queries for the printers
capabilities (what paper sizes are supported, does it duplex, etc).  Papd
does not use the PPD file to do any processing on the document before it
passes it to the printer.

	Andy