Subject: Re: improved version of afpstat script

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 21:28:46 -0500

Brandon Warren, [email-masked] writes:

> What I really want is the Mac
>name. 

I did it, today.  It isn't fast, because it has to make a lookup table of 
all the Macs on the network, but it works.  And, it does the IP-based 
ones, too.  Take a look at:

http://www.avcnet.org/users/jhart/programs/afpstat.txt   and
http://www.avcnet.org/users/jhart/programs/afpstatm.txt

The "m" version does the machine name and drops the user and group IDs.  
Thanks for giving me the motivation to write these.  We've been needing 
them here, too.  I just hadn't gotten to it.

---
Jim Hart
"Organization is necessary for things to exist; Chaos is necessary for 
things to evolve."

---

From: SF Karel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 09:54:36 -0500

Thanks, these are very useful.

One suggestion: changing

ps aux

to

ps auxc

may be useful if the path to afpd is long (as it is on my machine)

steven

[email-masked] wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
> Version: PGPfreeware 5.0 for non-commercial use <http://www.pgp.com>
>
> mQBvAzOe/64AAAEDAM2s9O/EPXKlnvPOnJDH0f1KWg0iIM4i5tT7aywHcbW2Acgr
> b7aaTMe0eEMu+aSDjAto9+nYSHGOG/8ni/V7aW60W2zF1AQ8dPcyLZ9l1FaoWcr2
> CP8uL2bZNGZvghpEdQARAQABtCBKaW0gSGFydCA8amhhcnRAbWFpbC5hdmNuZXQu
> b3JnPg==
> =ymPR
> -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:28:55 -0500 (EST)

I am joining the me-too group and submitting a script to list
users/machines connected to a netatalk server.  My script is a rewrite
of Jim Hart's script into Perl.  I mainly did for the practice.  I
wanted to avoid the use of tmp files and utilize multidimentional
arrays instead.  It was fun to write. It can be downloaded from:

http://squeegy.org/programs/afpstatm.plx

> http://www.avcnet.org/users/jhart/programs/afpstatm.txt

___________________

Jt "The Squeegy" Chiodi

http://www.squeegy.org/
[email-masked]