Subject: netatalk on a SPARC Ultra 10

From: James Gallagher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:34:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I built netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4 on a Sparc Ultra 10 with gcc 2.95.2 without
any errors. However, when installing the driver I got a message that the
drive `did not attach' (from add_drv). When atalkd is run I get the following
message: `I_PUSH: Invalid argument.' I tried a second build where all the
PAM, Crack, etc. options in the Makefile were diabled, but that made no
difference. 

Has anyone gotten netatalk to run on the ultra sparc? 

Note that I built gcc so that it generates 32 bit binaries. I thought I'd ask
here before rebuilding gcc and tryig 64 bit bins.

Thanks,
James

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:29:46 -0800 (PST)

> here before rebuilding gcc and tryig 64 bit bins.

I don't have direct experience with this, but this problem has surfaced
before on this mailing list.  I believe if you use a 64-bit kernel, you
must use Sun's compiler, regardless of whether you are compiling 32-bit or
64-bit binaries of netatalk.

	Andy