Subject: Re: Permissions question (No Netatalk content)

From: "Tom Watson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 23:43:50 -0800

On Sat, 5 Aug 2000 00:00:21 -0400 (EDT), [email-masked] wrote:
> Thanks for your help, y'all. I had trouble with the spaces, but I used:
> 
> find ./ type -d -printf "\"%p\" " | xargs chmod 755

While this DOES work, there is a simpler way.  For future reference:

find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

if you really want to make sure things don't get corrupted, the '755'
can be changed to:  ... u+xw,go+x ... which assumes that the perms are
dr--r--r-- already.

> 
> And it worked. Thanks for your help! Now back to Netatalk... :-)

Good for you.  There are just different ways of doing things.  If you
want to change just the files to read only, specifing '-type f' to
indicate ONLY regular files.

> Steve

Just some more information.  We now return you to the regularly scheduled
mailing list.
-- 
Tom Watson         Generic short signature
[email-masked]     (I'm at home now)