Subject: Re: .ppd problem

From: "TheBong Pipe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 15:56:33 PST

>Did you mention the ppd in papd.conf?
>From what should papd guess, which ppd to use?
>
Yes I did... But i'm not still pretty sure about the transport of the .ppd 
from the Mac box. What tool shall I use? DOS2UNIX only translates the .ppd 
in a "one-line" file. Is it enough?
______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: Harry Zink/Netatalk List <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 21:24:43 -0800

> in a "one-line" file. Is it enough?

This is actually a pretty good question in relation to making papd actually
work. Grabbing the file directly from the Mac doesn't work, but what's the
best tool to create the converted ppd file?

Is the end-result supposed to be a one-line file, or a multi-line file?

Harry

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 07:50:03 +0100

>in a "one-line" file. Is it enough?

No. If you try to convert more than line breaks, you'll get corrupted umlauts (my expirience).
I use BBEdit to only translate linebreaks for saving the PPD onto my Linux box.

:wq! PoC