Subject: Macs Hang when Downloading from Server

From: "mo'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:58:16 -0700

I'm running Linux (RedHat 6.2), and I have Netatalk working "out of 
the box" from the RedHat RPM.  All the macs that have tried can 
*up*load anything they want to the server, but if they try to 
download, the copy gets a few bytes into it and then hangs.  The 
machine doesn't crash "hard", but eventually (I've waited as long as 
30 minutes on a 500k file) one must give up and reboot to rescue the 
finder.

The macs in question are running 8.6 and 9.  I saw an "answer" to a 
question I didn't catch that said something about upgrading appletalk 
to 3.8.6, but the macs running 9 are already on it.

Any thoughts?

(I'm hoping this is a bonehead question that I'm just not using the 
right search term for in the list archives, and not some ugly 
undocumented feature that's going to make my life miserable...)

- mo'

   maureen seller
   sysadmin
   exactly! vertical software
   [email-masked] 415-625-2682