Subject: Just a little to complete the task...

From: "TheBong Pipe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 06:21:33 PST

It's OK. The papd is working, the ppd is seen, papd and lpd spool correctly, 
but...

I am using Freehand in the mac boxes to print wery large works on this
HP3500CP plotter. After setting up (again) the Linux box I tried some files. 
The first plot was made only of various coloured text of about 90x40 
centimeters. It worked ok, and the spool job was about 15Mb large. Then I 
tried a 90x100 job with coloured images (it came up at about 400Mb). After 
40mins the client sended the job to the server, then the plotter started 
printing.but. No images were printed, but only the Freehand background.

Could it be a Postscript problem? HP3500CP is reported to be a level 3 
postscript plotter, and the Macs (when I connect them directly they work) 
probably print using this level.

I saw Aladdin Ghostscript 6.0 is out: is it worth to give it a try?

Another solution crossed my mind: CUPS. I saw it has got dirvers for the 
HP3500. Is it compatible with netatalk?

Thanks alot again
______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com