Subject: Headscratcher.

From: Jason Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 02:30:50 -0500

Okay, here's a head scratcher for y'all.

I have 4 Ethertalk-speaking devices on my LAN.  Two are Linux boxes, one
is a IIci and the fourth is an AXIS print server.
Lindsay is a Macintosh IIci running System 7.6.1
Lauren is a DX2/66 running netatalk+asun-2.1.3
Nancy is a p100 running the same.
Denise is an Axis NPS 550R.

Lindsay can see Lauren, but not Nancy.  When Nancy does show up in the
choose, it says there was no response from the server.
Lauren can see everyone and works fine.
Everyone sees the print server.
I've been trying to figure out why.  It can't be wiring, because Nancy
and Denise are on opposite ends of the 10base2 and they play with each
other fine.
All the linux boxes are running the stock netatalk1.4b2+asun2.1.3 RPM,
except Nancy, on which I modified AppleVolumes.default to include a
public directory (the machine's main purpose is to allow sharing between
Windows (via SAMBA) and Macs).
Any ideas?