Subject: easy way to check which version?

From: Casey Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 14:50:05 -0700

Hi all!
Is there an easy way to verify which version of Netatalk is running on a
machine?
I've tried telnet'in into 'hostname 548', but once I connect if I hit
any key the connection closes and I get the following in the syslog:

Oct  6 14:43:44 lvfs afpd[701]: dsi_tcp_open: invalid header

I've also looked through the man pages for afpd and atalkd for a '-v'
command line switch, but I couldn't find one. I tried it anyway and it
didn't work ;)

Should I be worried about the telnet to port 548 closure?
Thanks!
-- 
=====================================================================
Casey Lewis                     email:	[email-masked]
R&R Partners :: IT Manager      phone:  702.228.0222
http://www.rrpartners.com/      fax:    702.228.7885
=====================================================================