Subject: Sol7, netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3

From: Will Lowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:29:14 -0400 (EDT)

I know this is probably a FAQ, but the online archives of this list don't
include anything since last year, so ...

I'm using netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3, under Solaris 7 sparc.  It
compiles/installs fine, but trying to start up I get:

ROOT@host[/]% /etc/init.d/atalk start
starting appletalk daemons: le0: Protocol not supported
Can't configure multicast.
can't establish STREAMS plumbing, exiting.
 atalkd nbprgstr papd afpd.

The ddp module appears to be ok,  though:

ROOT@host[/]% modinfo | grep ddp
 75 f5a98870   3fad   9   1  ddp (DDP Streams device)
 75 f5a98870   3fad  12   1  ddp (DDP Streams module)

	help?
                     					Will

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]  |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------