Subject: Antwort: Re: Compiling netatalk-1.4.99 - ARRGGHH!!!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 18:52:39 +0200

Next problem with compiling netatalk-1.4.99 (32-bit Solaris 2.7):

After downloading revision 1.38 of the configure.in file as recommended by Jeff
and installing the file in the main folder for compilation, I ran autogen.sh and
then make and... after numerous successful compilation steps got this error
message...

Making all in papd
make[3]: Entering directory `/opt/sources/netatalk/netatalk/etc/papd'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../..     -I../../sys/generic -g -O2
-I../../include -I../../sys   -D_PATH_PAPDCONF=\"/etc/atalk/papd.conf\"
-D_PATH_PAPDUAMPATH=\"/etc/atalk/uams/\" -c queries.c
In file included from uam_auth.h:11,
                 from queries.c:30:
/usr/include/pwd.h:45: redefinition of `struct comment'
queries.c: In function `cq_default':
queries.c:51: structure has no member named `c_end'
queries.c:60: structure has no member named `c_end'
queries.c: In function `cq_query':
queries.c:340: structure has no member named `c_end'
queries.c: In function `cq_font':
queries.c:432: structure has no member named `c_end'
queries.c: In function `cq_feature':
queries.c:489: structure has no member named `c_end'
queries.c: In function `cq_printer':
queries.c:565: structure has no member named `c_end'
queries.c: In function `cq_rbilogin':
queries.c:677: structure has no member named `c_begin'
queries.c:701: structure has no member named `c_end'
queries.c: At top level:
queries.c:721: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
queries.c:721: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast
queries.c:722: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
queries.c:723: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
queries.c:724: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
queries.c:725: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
queries.c:726: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
queries.c:727: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
queries.c:727: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast
queries.c:728: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
make[3]: *** [queries.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/sources/netatalk/netatalk/etc/papd'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/sources/netatalk/netatalk/etc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/sources/netatalk/netatalk'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

<<<

Any hints? :-((  WDL

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 10:26:49 -0700 (PDT)

It looks like /usr/include/pwd.h has a structure called 'comment' which
conflicts with the definition used in papd.  Here is the relevant chunk of
pwd.h:

#if defined(__EXTENSIONS__) || \
        (!defined(_POSIX_C_SOURCE) && !defined(_XOPEN_SOURCE))
struct comment {
        char    *c_dept;
        char    *c_name;
        char    *c_acct;
        char    *c_bin;
};
#endif /* defined(__EXTENSIONS__) || (!defined(_POSIX_C_SOURCE) && ... */

We could probably seach-and-replace 'comment' in the papd source for a
different name.

As a temporary fix, you might try adding a "#undef __EXTENSIONS__" to
etc/papd/queries.c to get it to compile.

	Andy

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000 [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Netatalk-devel mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman/listinfo/netatalk-devel
>