Subject: asun2.1.3 on RH6.1 - disconnects after about 2 mins

From: Rusty Carruth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:37:52 -0700

Well, I dug through the archives as well as I could looking for help,
and in 1999 (the most
recent year I see) the questions all seemed to not apply to me.

So, here's the thing:

I have netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 running on a RedHat 6.1 system, 64 meg
ram, P133,
2 ethernet cards (atalk currently only on one of them, with no routing
enabled).

Connecting to a fairly new Powerbook running Mac OS9.

I finally got it to work with user logins (I'd been stuck with guest for
a long time),
but now I've lost guest!  the attempt to connect as guest times out
after a long time,
probably 2-3 minutes...

Oh, well - I don't really need guest access now that I've got user login
to work.

the real thing I'm stuck over is the fact that most of the time I get
disconnected
from the server after approximately 2 minutes of inactivity  (I timed it
- 2:02.80, but
that includes my detection delay ;-)

Here's the only non-comment line in my afpd.conf file:

"SA linux box private"  -rand2num   -loginmesg "a message"

The only non comment lines in my AppleVolumes.default are:

~
/html_pages/appleshare "AppleShare on SA linux box"
options=crlf,noadouble password=apassword
/tmp/foo "private, temporary" access=me options=crlf,noadouble

I even added this to my hosts.allow

afpd: ALL
atalkd: ALL

Any ideas?

rusty