Subject: Few questions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 16:49:56 +0800 (HKT)

Dear all,

I have few questions about netatlk:

  1. I found both netatalk-1.4b2.tar.gz and netatalk-990130.tar.gz in 
     terminator.rsug.itd.umich.edu:/~ftp/unix/netatalk.  Is
     netatalk-990130.tar.gz the lastest version?

  2. Is there a config file for afpd (like the smb.conf of samba)?
     I have installed netatalk-990130.tar.gz on Solaris 2.6 platform. 
     Sample config file afpd is not included.

  3. Where can I find documents about configuration of afpd, such as
     restricting the file system to share, machine and user who has
     access permission?

Thanks very much in advance.

Fiona

---

From: "Marc J. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 21:51:52 -0700

1.  We go by the asun version.  Usually the package name includes the asun
version.  The latest is called something like netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4pre39
I believe (though its predecessor, pre37, is probably easier to get a hold
of).
2.  afpd.conf ... the location of the file varies among distributions and is
configurable from the main Makefile.  You may want to execute this command
as "root" to find the file:

find / -name afpd.conf

3.  Up-to-date netatalk documentation is extremely limited.  Your best bet
is to look through mailing list archives for linux-atalk, netatalk-devel,
netatalk-admins,and netatalk-doc (a documentation project in progress) or
e-mail the list yourself with your question.  Do you have a specific
question about AppleShare permissions?

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Lam N" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 1:49 AM
Subject: Few questions

Dear all,

Fiona