Subject: ethernet card

From: "John Arends" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 23:26:54 -0500

In order for my server to appear in the chooser of macs on the network I 
have to type ifconfig eth0 promisc.

I know this probably isn't the best solution, but its all that will work
with my current nic.

The problem is that I have to do this every time i reboot the server. I
tried adding that line to rc.local so it would run the command at startup,
but this hasn't worked.

Any suggestions?

-----
John Arends
[email-masked]

(If all email was written by Microsoft) Legal Notice: Receipt of this
message constitutes your unconditional acceptance of agreement with all
terms, conditions, conclusions and opinions, either expressed or implied, as
interpreted by the author without further clarification. Use of any
information contained herein [inclusive of any and all attachments] or
omitted in part or in whole from the actual message is strictly prohibited
and will be subject to collection of significant financial damages.

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 13:12:58 +0200

>I know this probably isn't the best solution, but its all that will work

So if you can, trash it and get one which correctly implements multicasting. :-)

>tried adding that line to rc.local so it would run the command at startup,

No idea, sorry.

:wq! PoC