Subject: Need a zone name

From: Dave Scheltema <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 22:56:38 -0400

Where can I add a zone for my appletalk network?  Right now my network
consists of a linux box that servers and a old Power Mac 6300CD.  I am
pretty sure that I setup netatalk correctly, but I can't find any
zones.  I have a GUI program to help setup netatalk and when I look at
the zones it reports:
Speedy:AFPServer	65280.85:128
Speedy:netatalk		65280.85:4
Speedy:Workstation	65280.85:4
I made sure that the mac that I am trying to use has the 65280 for its
network... it should see the server!  Thanks.

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 20:55:46 +0200

At 22:56 Uhr -0400 02.05.2000, Dave Scheltema wrote:
>Where can I add a zone for my appletalk network?

What for?

>network... it should see the server!  Thanks.

AppleTalk uses ranges and no single number (except for Phase 1 Networks which are mostly obsolete these days).

If you (still) dare for a zone, you'll have to set up a dummy device (dummy0) and configure atalkd as a seeding router:

eth0 -seed -phase 2 -net 40-49 -addr 41.1 -zone "No Parking"
dummy0 -seed -phase 2 -net 51 -addr 51.1 -zone "No Parking"

Perhaps the dummydev must be up and running (IP-configuration).

:wq! PoC