Subject: Problem copying folders to netatalk

From: Louis Chrétien <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:22:51 -0400

Hi all,

i know this is probably covered somewhere, but i haven't been able to 
find it. here goes:

i'm running netatalk 2.1.4 b39 on Red hat 6.2.

i created a linux user (ludwig). I can log on via telnet and ftp 
without problems, and I can copy files without a hitch.

I installed netatalk and I can log on the server without problem (the 
volume appears on my desktop, with the little globe indicating TCP/IP 
connection).

I can copy individual files without problem, but if I try to copy a 
folder (containgn files and/or folders), I get an error message 
stating that "folder xxx is locked".

What am i doing wrong? is there a walkthrough on how to create and 
set permissions on directories on the linux side, so that netatalk 
works?

Any "blow-by-blow" would be appreciated (commands, and parameters, etc...)

Thanks in advance,
-- 
Louis Chretien
[email-masked]