Subject: .AppleDouble problem?

From: Bill Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:24:37 -0600 (CST)

Hey all,

I just updated to netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 from netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0
on Solaris 2.6. Occasionally, I get errors like:

 afp_openfork: ad_open:Cardiovascular.html I/O error
 ad_refresh: can't parse AppleDouble header.

I take the AppleDouble file is the problem. Why does 2.1.0 parse the
header correctly and 2.1.3 does not? Is there a compile time option I need
to set?

Thanks,

Bill Carlson
------------
Systems Programmer    [email-masked]	|  Opinions are mine,
Virtual Hospital      http://www.vh.org/        |  not my employer's.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics	|

---

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 12:49:46 -0500

Hello-
    I have been trying to get netatalk on my SUSE 6.3 box, my main problem
is my macs seem oblivious to its pressence.  I have loaded the appletalk
module into the kernel so that should be set.  Then I executed a  "make
install" in the netatalk directory and then I moved all of my configurtaion
files to the /usr/local/atalk/etc.  I can get atalkd running by a rc.
startup script and everything seems like it should be okay, but its not...
    A quick dash to the closest mac and I find that I can't find the
appletalk server even when in the chooser I type in the ip.  I really don't
know what else I should check  I of course made sure the network is up and
that I can get to the webpage of the box that is suppose to be serving
atalkd.  What could be wrong here?  The daemon is running the network is up,
what else is there to configure?  Thanks for the help.
Dave

---

From: jim smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:21:39 +0100

>what else is there to configure?  Thanks for the help.

the rc.atalk script can happily fail without telling you

do afpd and atakd appear with a ps wax?

technologist
xoo limited
http://wap.xoo.org (phones only)
new mobile >> 07710 516013

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:38:11 +0200

At 12:49 Uhr -0500 30.03.2000, Dave wrote:

>What could be wrong here?  The daemon is running the network is up,

Do you see any errors in the syslog when you start up netatalk?

:wq! PoC

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:36:50 +0200

>header correctly and 2.1.3 does not? Is there a compile time option I need

Nope. I had a similar problem stating "Fixing broken v1 header".
I eleminated this through copying the whole server to another one via a Mac, so that any AppleDouble information was recreated.

:wq! PoC

---

From: jim smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:47:29 +0100

oops. looks like i need to redo my speed-reading course.

sorry.

does afpd.conf point to your machine?

>>The daemon is running the network is up,

technologist
xoo limited