Subject: Re: AppleVolumes.system need to be updated?

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:44:48 -0700

>There was a perl script posted to the list which could read the info
>from Internet Preferences.  I've included it below.

Cool, thanks. Ran it, saw the output, and I'm not sure how we should 
definitively decide what the Netatalk-included settings should be. 
Meaning, we need to make some decisions about the default applications 
used for these types, don't we? I might like SoundJam, while you're into 
MacAmp. I see a lot of stuff pointing at GraphicConverter, which isn't 
installed by default on Macs. Watcha think?

Steve

---

From: David R Bosso <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 20:27:48 -0700

Maybe the defaults should use as much Apple stuff as possible.  QuickTime 
Player, PictureViewer, and Simpletext for the common types that they 
handle.  Not neccessarily my choices, but it could be a good compromise as 
the default settings.

-David