Subject: Mapping permissions

From: Peter Westlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:07:50 +0000

I've just started using Netatalk, and I'm having trouble with file
permissions. The list archives indicate that this is a feature that
simply hasn't been implemented yet. The problem is: I have a file
on Unix that is marked read-only. I want to replace it with a file
from a Mac, but I can't make it writable. Locking or unlocking it
has no effect. The lock bit gets recorded in the .AppleDouble/file,
but that's all. The Unix permissions aren't affected.

How difficult would it be to implement this? There are rather a lot
of files in the source, so pointers to the relevant code would be
very much appreciated. Likewise some hints as to how I might go about
doing this. Of course, if someone has done this already, that would
be even better!

Peter.

---

From: Markus Amersdorfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:15:29 +0100

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:35:20 +0000

Hi,

I hope I didn't miss the answer you perhaps already gave :) ...
anyway, I didn't find it. And just to mention it: I'm a newbie to
netatalk.

In Samba there are the options "create mask = 770" and "directory mask =
770" which set the permissions as I need them.
Is there a way to tell netatalk with which Unix-permissions it shall
create files/directories?

I'm planning on setting up netatalk on an already running Samba-server
and am glad about any hints :)

Thx
Max

-- 
May the stability be with you!