Subject: Can not see server in Chooser

From: Glen Barwick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 12:29:24 +1000

I have a FreeBSD server and its name will not show up in any zone in the
chooser, I can access the server using the "Server IP Address" button, but
only if I enter its IP number.

System := FreeBSD 3.1

Netatalk := 1.4b2

Thanks,
Glen.

---

From: Nicole Lallande <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:05:08 -0700

Greetings all,

When I upgraded to RH6.2 I noticed I could no longer see the linux
server on the chooser.  This weekend we upgraded to the latest kernel (I
believe it is 2.16).  It includes some netatalk settings and the problem
was resolved immediately.

Nicole

-- 
##########################
Nicole Lallande
[email-masked] * http://high-techwebsites.com/
#########################

---

From: Akos Szabo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 19:54:04 +0200 (CEST)

> only if I enter its IP number.
Do You have one ethernet card? If yes, You must configure a dummy
interface, and the server will come'in the chooser!

-- 
Ciao:
      Fonya

	Computers are like airconditioners: 
			They stop working properly if you open windows.

For pgp key: `finger [email-masked]`