Subject: build instructions

From: R Cent <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 10:00:11 -0800 (PST)

Hi, 

I would like to install the most current version of Netatalk on
my server.  In the past, I have loaded Netatalk RPM files, but
now I need to learn how to compile Netatalk on my machine.

I have downloaded Adrian's latest version and read all the
readme files.  Unfortunately, these files seem to be targeting
users more experienced than me.  I have never compiled anything
as complex as Netatalk before.  In fact, I have only used gcc to
compile a "Hello World" application.  Is there a Netatalk
installation readme file for newbies like me?

To start, what directory should I put the downloaded Netatalk
files in.  I'm also unclear about the AFS and Kerberos libraries
and what directory they should reside in.

_____________________________
Bob Cent 
University of Washington
Box 357330
Seattle, WA  98195-7330  

mailto: [email-masked]
voice:  206.543.1433
fax:    206.685.0305
_____________________________

---

From: Harry Zink/Netatalk List <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 12:30:16 -0800

on 3/20/00 10:00 AM, R Cent at [email-masked] wrote:

> Is there a Netatalk

Anders provides an excellent one at:

http://www.thehamptons.com/amders/netatalk/

Harry