Subject: copying installer and smi files

From: "Kevin Chan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:08:58 PDT

I was updating my company's software repository today and found that for 
some reason I was unable to copy installer or smi files directly from my Mac 
OS 9 computer to the fileserver mount that I set up.  My server is currently 
running Samba 2.0.6 and netatlk 1.4 and all other files transfer correctly.

The error that comes up on the Mac is a -50 error.  It is suppose to be some 
sort of username/parameter error, but I am not sure what that means.

Kevin Chan
Systems Administrator
Administrative Computing
________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: "thomas.riewe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 11:44:13 +0200 (CEST)

> sort of username/parameter error, but I am not sure what that means.
i would assume that the mac(-user) isn't allowed to create the
.AppleDouble-dir in the directory you want your .smi-s to put in

hth,
thomas (R)