Subject: Re: problem with afpd dropping connection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:22:58 -0500

Kendall Lister, [email-masked] writes:

>Is there any chance that you have hosts.allow/deny settings that prevent
>all connections and don't explicitly allow afpd/atalkd connections? Adding
>these two to our system (which denies ALL:ALL) stopped the unexpected
>disconnections from occurring; presumably afpd/atalkd are following our
>tcp_wrapper setup.

I'm having the same problem.  Our hosts.allow is configured based on IP 
range.  Could you send me a copy of the lines you put in the file which 
fixed it?

--
Jim Hart
Infrastructure Support Services
Bates College
Lewiston, Maine, USA

---

From: Kendall Lister <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 23:19:21 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 [email-masked] wrote:

> I'm having the same problem.  Our hosts.allow is configured based on
> IP range.  Could you send me a copy of the lines you put in the file
> which fixed it?

Just:

afpd: host.name.net.au
atalkd: host.name.net.au

I should say that I don't know for certain that this the problem/solution
- just that it seemed to allow things to work.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - [email-masked]
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781