Subject: Password authentication problem

From: "Ivan Quintero" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 09:24:55 PDT

I am having problems authenticating users that try to access their home 
directories thru Appleshare. I get a "incorrect password" error message 
everytime.

I searched your archives before posting this message. All I found was 
references to activating shadow passwords that may solve this problem. I did 
activate shadow passwords with no effect.

Then I came across a couple of postings talking about commeting out parts of 
an include librarie called "auth.c".  I followed the instructions for this 
solution and it gave me compile errrors.

So, right now I can only log into the Netatalk server as guest and it works 
beautifully. All I need now is for people to see their home directories.

Please help.
________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 19:01:11 +0200

>solution and it gave me compile errrors.

Which version of netatalk are you using?
On which platform?
What exactly did you comment out?

:wq! PoC