Subject: netatalk on solaris 2.6 doesn't like 100Meg?

From: David Stern <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:46:17 -0400 (EDT)

I've installed netatalk on a number of solaris sparc5 machines with
great success. On these machines, it runs fine. Likewise, I can install
it on larger machines (ultra class and E250 class) but it doesn't come 
up. Perhaps it doesn't like the hme (100Meg) interface:

 atalkd[1208]: restart (971027)
 atalkd[1208]: I_PUSH: Invalid argument
 papd[1218]: atp_open: Protocol not supported
 afpd[1220]: main: atp_open: Protocol not supported

if I only have hme0 and lo0 (loopback), what should my atalkd.conf look like?
I tries just plain old 

hme0

as well as the following and variations thereof (removing each of the params
and let it default). we only have one appletalk zone

        lo0 -phase 1
        hme0  -seed -phase 2 -addr 18.161 -net 1-100 -zone "columbia"

TIA

---

From: Tim Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 07:46:13 -0600 (MDT)

> if I only have hme0 and lo0 (loopback), what should my atalkd.conf look like?

Your atalkd.conf file should be empty if you are in just one zone.
netatalk will fill in this file on its own. No problems with hme0
interfaces on Sun hardware

Tim

Tim Carlson                                  Voice:    (505) 984-8800x255
Director of Computing: Santa Fe Institute    Fax:      (505) 982-0565
WWW: http://www.santafe.edu/~tim             Email:   [email-masked]