Subject: pam and clear text passwords

From: "Ian Willis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:58:33 +1000

I know nothing about MACs and possibly less about netatalk however I will
have to deal with one and the other seem a lot better than CAP so ...
I would like macs to login to an NT domain, I assume that this is possible
using pam. However is it possible to stop clear text password passing on the
network.
--
Ian Willis

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 08:32:48 -0700 (PDT)

> using pam. However is it possible to stop clear text password passing on the

Here's what you'll need:

1. Setup pam_smb to authenticate against an NT server.
2. Uncomment PAMDIR in the top-level netatalk Makefile to enable pam
support.
3. Install OpenSSL somewhere on your server for the crypto libraries.
4. Uncomment CRYPTODIR in the top-level netatalk Makefile and point it to
your openssl installation.

The crypto settings will let you build the Diffie-Hellman UAM for
encrypted logins.

Note: I haven't done this myself, but these are the steps as I understand
them.

	Andy