Subject: An appleshare error has occured

From: [email-masked] (Lee Blevins)
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 08:10:13 -0500

I asked this question some time ago and someone said it had something to
do with "running out of users."

What happens is I get this message "an appleshare error has occured" or
"server not responding try again later."

On freebsd I can see several apfd processes running. If I kill some then
I can log on.

I don't recall having this problem with other versions of netatalk.

If it's a user issue, how do I increase the amount of users?

I'm using freebsd 3.2 and asun 2.1.3.

thanks.

---

From: Jeff Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 09:34:45 -0600

There is a command line option in afpd that allows you to specifiy the
number of simultaneous connections allowed. I don't know what the
default is, but to set it to 20 you would use 'afpd -c 20', for example.

-- 
-Jeff Thompson
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Lee Blevins)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 06:03:36 -0500

> default is, but to set it to 20 you would use 'afpd -c 20', for example.

I have altered the rc.atalk script in my freebsd version of netatalk to
use afpd -c 30. I hope this is the right place.

A ps ax shows the afpd with this modification.