Subject: Re: If you want to post...

From: Benjamin Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 21:46:00 -0500

At 5/3/00 1:53 PM, Patrik Schindler ([email-masked]) wrote:

>Include the system you are using.
>Include the netatalk-version you are using.
>Include a snapshot of your syslog file where the error occurs (AppleTalk 
>startup, connecting, etc).

Also, tell us what the problem is.  Specifically.  Tell us what netatalk 
is doing that you think it shouldn't, or what behavior you expect that 
you're not getting.

Not just "I just installed netatalk, and it doesn't work.  Can you help?  
--J. Random User".

--Benjamin Gilbert

---

From: Dejan Muhamedagic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 03:11:49 +0200

> Not just "I just installed netatalk, and it doesn't work.  Can you help?  

Also, while we're at it, please don't use reply when introducing new
subject---the threads have been going wild recently.

Dejan

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 08:23:43 +0200

>subject---the threads have been going wild recently.

And, to make it complete: Delete anything from a quoted message which is not important (footers, etc). Nice quoting makes nice people.

Thank you.

:wq! PoC