Subject: Re: connecting as root

From: Benjamin Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:57:00 -0600

At 1/31/00 1:20 AM, Martin Wilhelm Leidig ([email-masked]) wrote:
>Patrik Schindler wrote in "Re: connecting as root" [00-01-29
>18.33  +0100]:
>>In Detail: UID 0 is superuser under unix, for MacOS this is Guest.
>>You may connect as root but you don't have the permissions you
>>expect.
>Thanks, that's something I understand.  No workaround?

Not for now, as far as I know.  Adrian Sun has it on his list of Things 
To Fix for netatalk 2.3.

>From a message of Adrian's to netatalk-admins on 12/30/99:
>please let me know what's desired for the asun2.3.x series. here's the
>list of things that i would like to see done:
>[...]
>     3) permission/ownership overhaul. i already have some patches for
>        client-based administration, so i'll probably base some of
>        this off that. basically, this will add the ability to specify
>	an administrative user/group.
>[...]

--Benjamin Gilbert