Subject: Logo,RPMs,Version

From: Magnus Stenman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 02:36:59 +0200

Ah, at last some development on netatalk. I feared the worst.

About the logo;
With this amount of Mac-centric designers and artists
we should be able to find a *really* good logo...:)

My suggestion is that we post all logos which come in (I think I saw
at least three of them in the works) and then just have a vote on the
list.

About RPM/Source;
I just *love* RPMs. It makes a sysadmin's work so much easier.
Especially if you have to install stuff on more than, say 2 boxes.
I even build RPMs of my own for packages that I have to manually
compile and/or patch, just to be able to know exactly what's on the
boxes, and to be able to upgrade/downgrade without leaving crap on the
boxes.

I think the testing of new releases can be made more efficient by
offering RPMs. Not everybody has the time to do recompiles for every
new version, and I think we need as many testers as we can find.

Really easy to step down from a non-working release, too.

About versions;
What about using the Linux numbering scheme, with odd numbers as devel
branches, and even as stable branches? Next stable would be 1.4 or 1.6

/magnus

-- 
 Magnus Stenman   mailto:[email-masked]   http://www.hkust.se

 Get it up, keep it up.  Linux -- Viagra for your PC