Subject: Printing from Linux to an Appletalk Printer?

From: Louis Chrétien <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 10:37:45 -0500

I'm trying to hook up my Linux box (RedHat 6.0) to an HP LaserJet 4ML via
the network. I have a Dayna Mini Etherprint bridge, so the printer is
visible and prints fine from my Mac (via the Laserwriter).

I looked into the HOWTOS on printing, but for the life of me, I can't seem
to find how to print from the Linux box to the Appletalk printer. I figure
it involes some kind of PAP access, but is netatalk the answer?

any help or pointers would be appreciated

-- 
Louis Chrétien
[email-masked]

---

From: Erik Oliver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 08:04:43 -0800

> any help or pointers would be appreciated

Netatalk includes "pap" for printing to appletalk printers along with a a
postscript filter and page reverser.

See man pap and man psf for more details.

-Erik
--
Erik Oliver                     |              Where are we going?
[email-masked]               |  And why are we in a handbasket?