Subject: Newbie problem w/ atalkd + routing

From: Peter Soumanis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:06:16 +0800

Hi,

  I apologise in advance if my problem is a no-brainer. I've read through 
docs and I cant seem to find an answer to my situation.

  I've just implemented an IP firewall on a RH 6.2 box (w/ ipchains) , with 
a Cisco 7000 on one end, and the rest of our internal net on the other.
  The Cisco is handled by someone else, and has the details for our 
Appletalk network number and zones. I need the Linux box to basically 
bridge appletalk between the two interfaces.I'd much rather prefer our 
Net/Zone info to be handled by the guys on the Cisco side, and leave the 
linux box to shuffle appletalk back and forth.

  I can get one interface to see our zones/net numbers, but  I've no idea 
how to get the other interface to forward packets, or to broadcast our zones.

  Any ideas ?

Regards,
Peter

----------------------
Peter Soumanis

Computer Systems Officer
Dept. of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, UWA
NEDLANDS WA 6907 Australia

Ph: (08) 9380-3110  Fax:(08) 9380-1065
Email: [email-masked]