Subject: RE: Problem with displayed hard drive space

From: Mike Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:44:45 -0700

The macs are running 8.6 and 9. I have noticed that the macs are showing the
correct amount of space available, which was at one point up to 8 gigs, but
that was on the linux server and not the nfs mounts.

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Steve Freitas [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent:	Monday, August 07, 2000 11:59 AM
To:	Mike Johnson; Netatalk
Subject:	Re: Problem with displayed hard drive space

> When a
>mac logs in, they see only the miserable little amount of free space left
on
>linux, not the wide-open space available on the mounted directories.

What MacOS version(s) are the clients running? Older versions of the OS 
(someone else will have to join in with specific version numbers) 
couldn't see past some ludicrously low number of gigs, I think 2 gigs, 
and that would foul up the free space display.

Steve

---

From: Magnus Stenman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 16:24:17 +0200

Problem is, it is showing free space of the filesystem where
the share is located, not on any filesystems mounted under it.

I'm not sure there is a fix, it's logically hard to get the
numbers right.

/m

-- 
 Magnus Stenman   mailto:[email-masked]   http://www.hkust.se

 Get it up, keep it up.  Linux -- Viagra for your PC