Subject: Problems install Netatalk

From: "Marc D. Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:41:30 -0500

I am trying to install netatalk ( netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3) on my Sun Ultra 
10 running Solaris 2.7.

When I run make kinstall, it appears to fail

add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' ddp
devfsadm: driver failed to attach: ddp
Warning: Driver (ddp) successfully added to system but failed to attach
make[1]: *** [kinstall] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory 
`/usr/local/src/netatalk/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4/sys/solaris'
make: *** [kinstall] Error 2

Has anyone else seen this error?

TIA,

Marc Taylor

---

From: Tom Kacvinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:55:57 -0400 (EDT)

Did you make the kernel driver a 64 bit driver?  See sys/solaris/Makefile for
how to enable a 64 bit kernel build.  Or grab Tim Carlson's prepackaged builds
of netatalk...

Tom

---

From: Tim Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:09:39 -0600 (MDT)

> how to enable a 64 bit kernel build.  Or grab Tim Carlson's prepackaged builds

Yeah.. grab one of my binaries. If you don't have Sun's CC, you will not
be able to build a 64bit kernel module. Despite what you may have heard,
gcc does not produce 64bit code on the Solaris platform.

ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/unix/netatalk

Still trying to find time for netatalk 1.5... really... 

Tim

Tim Carlson                                  Voice:    (505) 984-8800x255
Director of Computing: Santa Fe Institute    Fax:      (505) 982-0565
WWW: http://www.santafe.edu/~tim             Email:   [email-masked]

---

From: Bernard Hubbard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:27:02 +1000

you'll need to confirm the linker is compatible as well also configured in 
the  solaris/Makefile

Regards
BH