Subject: Questions about Network Trash

From: Denise Zasowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 12:18:20 -0500

Has anyone written a script to empty the Network Trash Folder from
multiple user directories?

We seem to have many user accounts containing orphan trash that would
benefit from a script rather than a manual search and destroy mission. I
searched the archives, but didn't find a reference to a script. Several
people endorsed removing it with rm -rf. Is this a permanent remove or
does the directory get recreated? If it is a permanent remove, will this
prevent any orphan trash from accumulating on the server accounts
altogether? 

Current version: netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2-phh4

Thanks for revisiting if this topic has been discussed recently. 

-- 
Denise Zasowski 
IT Manager, The Kinkaid School

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 21:39:15 +0200

>prevent any orphan trash from accumulating on the server accounts

The Trash will get recreated when a user deletes something first.
Orphan Trashes will happen only if a Mac crashes and afpd dies unhappily therefore.

>Current version: netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2-phh4

This is somewhat outdated, however :-)

:wq! PoC