Subject: CVS Status

From: "jeff b" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 20:21:29 +0000 (GMT)

I found a few *huge* problems in the configure.in file that were causing
options not to be interpreted properly (egg on me for that one). I also
have been getting the builds to work with TCP wrappers, PAM and cracklib
support, which all seem to currently work. There is a warning that autoconf
generates about the check for the cracklib dictionaries breaking
cross-compilation -- currently I'm just ignoring the warning.

I have also been improving afppasswd a little, adding an override for the
cracklib check (for all those who would occasionally like to ignore it) and
fixing up the "help" for it so that the options are a little more
understandable. _PATH_CRACKLIB is now defined across the entire package,
since it would be too much of a pain to maintain it if more than the
current two source files start using it.

I have just implemented the CAP authenticated printing in autoconf, but I
haven't had a chance to check it yet. Also, DEBUG declarations have been
removed from the bin/ heirarchy (as they are defined in config.h now) so
unless the original Makefile structure is modified, there is a chance that
it will not build that way.
     
*************************
jeff b
system administrator
university communications
university of connecticut
[email-masked]