Subject: dancing icons

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:40:42 -0400 (EDT)

There has been talk of the dancing icon problem and I can't remember
what the solution was in any.  We are seeing with Mac OS 9.  I am
running version 37b.  Was the solution to upgrade to 39?   I can't
remember.  Thanks.

___________________

Jt "The Squeegy" Chiodi

http://www.squeegy.org/
[email-masked]

---

From: Phil Wenzlawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 11:09:08 +0200

hi squeegy,

> running version 37b.  Was the solution to upgrade to 39?   I can't

i had this problem too! my solve for this was to delete the
'options=noadouble' in my AppleVolumes.default config file.
this problem seem to appear with wintel files copied to the
server. if this option noadouble is turned on, it don't
create those .AppleDouble directories, and this make the
icons dance around. exactly they don't dance but the files
appear to exists two times, one time, two times, one time...

i hope that helped...

phil

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 15:09:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hi phil,

I wish it did, but I don't have the options=noadouble in my
AppleVolumes.default.  I checked all the files under the /etc/atalk directory.
It is not in any of them.

___________________

Jt "The Squeegy" Chiodi

http://www.squeegy.org/
[email-masked]

---

From: Phil Wenzlawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 09:04:18 +0200

hi squeegy,

> It is not in any of them.

then try to make the .AppleDouble directories, or if they already
exists, check
the userright to them...

phil

---

From: "Hirokazu Nomoto" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 16:32:40 +0900

Hello!
I experienced dancing icon. Now don't occur it.
I solved that changed 2.1.3 to 2.1.4.

But don't stop dancing icon alredy occured folder.
Whenever we created new folder and file, then they don't dance.

So, you erace dancing folder and data and write back.

Hirokazu Nomoto
[email-masked]