Subject: Unsub Info

From: Brian Ghidinelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 10:25:45 -0700

I hate to do this because it bothers me when others do it... but I don't
seem to be able to unsubscribe.  I thought this was a majordomo list and
my emails seem to be getting to the majordomo address, but the command
isn't being parsed. 

Could someone send me the info offlist?  Thanks.. sorry for the annoyance.

Brian

---

From: Bill Brehm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 13:58:19 -0400

General info
                        ------------
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests should always be sent to the -request
address of a mailinglist.
If a mailinglist for example is called "[email-masked]", then the -request
address can be inferred from this to be: "[email-masked]".

To subscribe to a mailinglist, simply send a message with the word "subscribe"
in the Subject: field to the -request address of that list.

As in:          To: [email-masked]
                Subject: subscribe

To unsubscribe from a mailinglist, simply send a message with the word (you
guessed it :-) "unsubscribe" in the Subject: field to the -request address of
that list.

As in:          To: [email-masked]
                Subject: unsubscribe

In the event of an address change, it would probably be the wisest to first
send an unsubscribe for the old address (this can be done from the new
address), and then a new subscribe for the new address (the order is
important).

Most (un)subscription requests are processed automatically without human
intervention.

Do not send multiple (un)subscription or info requests in one mail.  Only one
will be processed per mail.

NOTE: The -request server usually does quite a good job in discriminating
      between (un)subscribe requests and messages intended for the maintainer.
      If you'd like to make sure a human reads your message, make it look
      like a reply (i.e. the first word in the Subject: field should be "Re:",
      without the quotes of course); the -request server does not react to
      replies.

> From:    Brian Ghidinelli <[email-masked]>
> To:      [email-masked]