Subject: Problems with openssl (beginner)

From: Ricardo Stella <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 15:29:32 -0400

I'm trying to compile netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4 with openssl libraries.

I'm getting the following:

gcc -shared -o uams_randnum.so uams_randnum.o -L/usr/local/ssl/lib \
-lcrypto
Text relocation remains                         referenced
    against symbol                  offset      in file
des_encrypt                         0x9f       
/usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(e
cb_enc.o)
  ...
<unknown>                           0x2624     
/usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(d
x86-sol.o)
ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable
sections
make[4]: *** [uams_randnum.so] Error 1

Openssl is installed of course...

I'm compiling with GCC 2.8.1, Solaris 7 Intel, and CRYPTODIR, TCPWRAPDIR
and PAMDIR are enabled.

Any ideas..?

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
 Ricardo Stella                                  O.I.T.
 (609)896-5000 x7436           _suAve_           Rider University
  *** Remove 'no-spam' from e-mail address before replying.  ***