Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] atp_rresp: time out

From: Camille Begnis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:44:27 -0400

This is the whole diagnostic for my config, thanks for your help.
I have read on http://www.giub.unibe.ch/~eugster/appleprint.html that I
could need to install a special software on the Mac called
LocalTalk_Bridge_2.1.smi.bin. The problem is I do not know how, as I
have no "system" icon (Following instructions from Apple).
It seems that my MacOS (7.1) is recent enough...
Whats wrong???

[root@localhost patricia]# ifconfig
eth0      Lien encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 52:54:05:F0:4A:FC
          inet adr:192.168.1.1  Bcast:192.168.1.255 
Masque:255.255.255.0
          adr EtherTalk Phase 2:65280/246
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          Paquets Reçus:832 erreurs:0 jetés:0 débordements:0 trames:0
          Paquets transmis:1153 erreurs:55 jetés:0 débordements:0
carrier:110
          collisions:935
 
lo        Lien encap:Boucle locale
          inet adr:127.0.0.1  Masque:255.0.0.0
          adr EtherTalk Phase 2:0/0
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:3924  Metric:1
          Paquets Reçus:46 erreurs:0 jetés:0 débordements:0 trames:0
          Paquets transmis:46 erreurs:0 jetés:0 débordements:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0   

[root@localhost patricia]# nbplkup
         localhost:AFPServer                         65280.246:128 
         localhost:netatalk                          65280.246:4
         localhost:Workstation                       65280.246:4
         LASERWRITE:LWSelect300                      65456.1:252
         patricia:Macintosh Quadra 605               65456.1:253
         patricia:Workstation  

[root@localhost patricia]# aecho  LASERWRITE:LWSelect300
14 bytes from 65456.1: aep_seq=0. time=1. ms
14 bytes from 65456.1: aep_seq=1. time=0. ms
14 bytes from 65456.1: aep_seq=2. time=0. ms
 
----65456.1 AEP Statistics----
3 packets sent, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip (ms)  min/avg/max = 0/0/1   

[root@localhost patricia]# papstatus -p LASERWRITE:LWSelect300
atp_rresp: Connexion terminée par expiration du délai d'attente  

[root@localhost patricia]# pap -p LASERWRITE:LWSelect300
Trying 65456.1:252 ...
atp_rresp: Connexion terminée par expiration du délai d'attente
atp_rresp: Connexion terminée par expiration du délai d'attente