Subject: Problem with Drop Folders

From: Dale Karsten <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 18:21:00 -0600

Environment:
netatalk-1.4b2, netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 and pre-asun2.1.4-37b
Powerbook G3 with MacOS 8.6

Description:
I have been trying to set up drop folders (write only access) and it doesn't
seem to work with netatalk-1.4b2, netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 or pre-asun2.1.4-37b.
 In all cases I was using MacOS 8.6.  When I try to move a file from the
workstation to the drop folder, I get the usual warning about not having enough
permission to see the files in the destination folder, but then I get another
message with the following text: 'The item "blah" cannot be written, because it
cannot be found.  Do you want to continue?'.  If I try to move a file on the
netatalk volume to a folder set for write only access, I get this message
instead: 'You cannot move "blah" to the folder "blahblah", because it cannot be found.'

--
Dale

---

From: Philip Bertuglia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 09:31:01 -0500 (EST)

I have been trying to make this work for a little over 3 months now with
little success. The problem stems form the fact that afpd never run as
root and thus, can not make the appropriate owner/group changes to files. I
beg anyone to disagree with me.

Phil