Subject: Make errors on LinuxPPC 2000

From: Pat Ramsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 17:06:55 -0500

Hi all,

I've searched through the lists and haven't seen this error so I 
thought I'd post it.

I have a beige PowerMacG3 266 with LinuxPPC 2000 installed. It 
includes the latest build of netatalk with the asip support, but it 
doesn't seem to have shadow password capability built-in. (LinuxPPC 
2000 uses shadow passwords)

So ... I began the process of "remaking" netatalk. I got the pieces 
from libddes and tcpwrappers and added the statements in the Makefile 
for shadow passwords. 

I typed make and watched as the process scrolled by. then, it stopped 
with errors. I'm not well-versed in *nix so I'm not sure what the 
problem is. 

Here's the last chunk of the make process (I redirected it to a text 
file)

-snip-

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/a
fpd'
gcc  -DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER   -DUAM_RNDNUM -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer 
-fsigned-char -Wunused -Wuninitialized -I../../include   
-I/usr/local/include   -DUSE_PAM -DAPPLCNAME -DSHADOWPW  -o afpd 
unix.o afs.o kuam.o send_to_kdc.o lifetime.o ofork.o main.o switch.o 
auth.o volume.o directory.o file.o enumerate.o desktop.o filedir.o 
fork.o appl.o gettok.o bprint.o status.o afp_options.o afp_asp.o 
afp_dsi.o messages.o config.o nfsquota.o codepage.o -L../../libatalk   
 -L/usr/local/lib   -latalk   -ldes  -lrpcsvc -lwrap -lpam -ldl 
/usr/lib/libwrap.a(hosts_acces.o): In function 'host_match':
hosts_access.o(.text+0x588): undefined reference to 
'yp_get_default_domain'
hosts_access.0(.text+0x588): relocation truncated to 
fit:R_PPC_REL24 yp_get_default_domain
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [afpd] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/af
pd'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/af
pd'
make[2]: *** [afpd] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc'
make[1]: *** [../../etc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/sys/li
nux'
make: *** [all] Error 2

-end snip-

If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it. 

Thanks in advance,

Pat

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Pat Ramsey                                              512.863.1336
Macintosh Support Specialist                [email-masked]
Southwestern University                  http://www.southwestern.edu

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist
sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 16:02:57 -0700 (PDT)

> If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it. 

You'll need to add "-lnsl" to the AFPLIBS line in sys/linux/Makefile.
This is a known bug in asun2.1.3.  Otherwise, you might wish to try the
latest asun2.1.4pre version from:

ftp://ftp.cobaltnet.com/pub/users/asun/testing/

It has many improvements and bug fixes, including the problem above.

	Andy