Subject: Problems with pre-asun2.1.4-39_test on FreeBSD 4.0

From: Ben Pope <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:33:32 -0700

Hi,

I've been trying to compile pre-asun2.1.4-39_test on FreeBSD 4.0.  My only
changes to the Makefile were to the CRYPTODIR path, which I changed to /usr
(I also copied the cast.h, bn.h and dh.h files from /usr/include/openssl to
/usr/include to make sure it would find them).

The compile fails during the afpd portion because ld can't find -lnsl.
There doesn't seem to be any libnsl on my system, although I do have tcp
wrappers (part of the base system), with tcpd.h and libwrap where they
should be.

If I comment out tcp wrapper support in the Makefile, it compiles fine.

Does anyone have a suggestion for getting it to compile with tcp wrapper
support?

Another question:
Using pre-asun2.1.4-39_test (without tcp wrapper support), I get the
following at startup:

Sep 19 13:20:15 fatty papd[182]: restart (1.4b2+asun2.1.4)
Sep 19 13:20:21 fatty papd[182]: register fatty:LaserWriter@*
Sep 19 13:20:21 fatty afpd[185]: uam_load(uams_dhx.so): failed to load:
/usr/local/atalk/etc/uams/uams_dhx.so: Undefined symbol "crypt"

I'm afriad I don't understand why the dhx uam isn't loading.  Can anyone
shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance,

Ben Pope

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:34:51 -0700 (PDT)

> /usr/include to make sure it would find them).

Which directory did you install openssl to?  Or is this a package install
which sprinkled the files all over?  On my systems, I install openssl with
-prefix=/private/openssl, and I set CRYPTODIR=/private/openssl.

> Does anyone have a suggestion for getting it to compile with tcp wrapper

Maybe you only need -lwrap and not -lnsl on freebsd?  I don't know.  Try
finding wherever it is adding -lnsl to the LIBS line and remove it.

> I'm afriad I don't understand why the dhx uam isn't loading.  Can anyone

It sounds like you have used the openssl include files so that the dhx
uams will compile, but now it is trying to dynamically link to the crypto
library provided with openssl, and it can't find it.  The is probably
caused by an incorrect openssl installation or maybe the hacks you had to
make above (copying header files around).  If you are using a package
install of openssl on freebsd, try getting the source for openssl and
compiling it.  Then recompile netatalk with the right cryptodir setting.

	Andy