Subject: Re: pre-asun2.1.4-39

From: Alain RICHARD <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 14:26:22 +0200

>	I have an account on sourceforge.com .  We could probably 
>create a new project with little trouble.  I just don't want to hurt 
>Adrian's feelings.  Does anyone know his e-mail? 
>[email-masked] ?   Does anyone know him well enough to call? 
>Heck, I'll try to contact him if nobody else can.
>
>	Ryan
>

Hi,

I have had some exchange of patch and new ideas about netatalk with 
adrian and I think also he is doing a very good job on this projet. 
The only problem is that there was never a really stabilized version 
of this product since 3 years now and almost all the unix 
distributors have removed the support from there version.

Opening a project on sourceforge.com is just one of the idea that may 
makes the developement more active. It seems that adrian don't have 
too much time to support this developement and it seems also that we 
need a lot of people to test it because netatalk is more than just a 
linux only project.

I don't know how to open a new projet on sourceforge.net, but it 
seems there is all what we need on it : a dedicated web site, a 
developer list, a cvs depositery, a ftp server to distribute new 
officials versions, and a bug tracking facility.

The email of adrian is, as far as I know, a sun <[email-masked]>. He 
was one of the recipient of my previous email, although he hasn't 
reply yet.

Regards,

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------
Alain RICHARD <mailto:[email-masked]>
EQUATION SA <http://www.equation.fr/>
Tel : +33 477 79 48 00	 Fax : +33 477 79 48 01
Applications client/serveur, ingénierie réseau et Linux

---

From: Jason Quigley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 19:09:50 +0200

Hi!

I just tried to get the source from Adrian Sun's ftp directory at Cobalt 
and access is now denied.

Cheers,
Jason.

--On Thursday, July 20, 2000 14:26 +0200 Alain RICHARD 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> adrian and I think also he is doing a very good job on this projet. The
> only problem is that there was never a really stabilized version of this
> product since 3 years now and almost all the unix distributors have
> removed the support from there version.
>
> makes the developement more active. It seems that adrian don't have too
> much time to support this developement and it seems also that we need a
> lot of people to test it because netatalk is more than just a linux only
> project.
>
> I don't know how to open a new projet on sourceforge.net, but it seems
> there is all what we need on it : a dedicated web site, a developer list,
> a cvs depositery, a ftp server to distribute new officials versions, and
> a bug tracking facility.
>
> The email of adrian is, as far as I know, a sun <[email-masked]>. He was
> one of the recipient of my previous email, although he hasn't reply yet.
>
> Regards,
>
> --