Subject: Not seeing the linux box in the chooser.....

From: "Ubence J. Quevedo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 05:27:38 -0700

I'm having a bit of trouble with seeing my linux box in the chooser of my
Mac.  I can actually connect to the Linux Server by connect to the server's
IP address, but I can't seem to get it to broadcast it's host name in the
chooser or network browser.  My question is, what file would I edit to get
my Linux Box to broadcast it's name in the chooser? The version of Netatalk
in question is 1.4b2+asun2.1.3-7.  I just installed it about 5 days ago, so
I'm still a little bit of a newbie to all of this.  Any and all help would
be appreciated!  Thanx in advance!
    Ubence

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 14:48:59 +0200 (MEST)

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, Ubence J. Quevedo wrote:

> Mac.

Take a look into the syslog. What happens when starting up?
Syslog is generally a good pool of information when having any kind of
daemon related problems.

:wq! PoC