Subject: Netatalk up but invisible to Macs

From: Matthew Reilly <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 09:01:06 -0400

I'm having a problem with my Netatalk setup after switching ethernet cards.
I'm running netatalk-19990130 NetBSD/macppc on a Supermac C500. I previously
had two Dayna (DEC based cards) and I just switched one to a SMC card. The
setup was running fine before I made the switch. The Dayna card I pulled
handled the Netatalk interface on my internal network. I changed the
atalkd.conf to reflect the new interface name.

When I boot the Netatalk daemons start up with no messages and there are no
messages in the syslog. If I do a nbplkup I get:

            mojo:AFPServer   65280.20:128
             mojo:netatalk   65280.20:4
          mojo:Workstation   65280.20:4
AXIS37CB89_CFG:LaserWriter   65384.224:129
       Stylus_740:EPSONLQ2   65384.224:128

The bottom two entries are for my Axis print server on my Stylus 740. The
strange thing is that my Mac doesn't show up here and the Netatalk server
doesn't show up in the Mac's chooser. I've tried rebooting after removing
the adress and network info in atalkd.conf (leaving only the interface name)
but it doesn't make any difference.

Any ideas?

Cheers, 

Matthew Reilly