Subject: samba/netatalk/.AppleDouble : file locked???

From: Xavier DEBACKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 13:53:16 +0200

Hi everybody!

with samba, I create a file 'John' in the directory '/Smith'

then on my macintosh, I can't copy the '/Smith' directory without error
since 'John' appears to be 'locked'
In fact, that is because there is no 'John' file in .AppleDouble

if I copy the file only, I don't get any error message and the
'.AppleDouble/John' is created without any question nor error

so it's done with one file, but not when a directory recursively

is that normal? a bug?
is there any way to fix this pb ?

thanks a lot for your help.

PS: I'm new to this mailing list. Where can I get messages since
01/01/00 ?
thank you
Xavier

---

From: "Thomas (Matt) Barton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 14:42:51 -0400 (EDT)

unsubscribe

---

From: Dejan Muhamedagic <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:40:13 +0200

Hi,

Messages
> thanks a lot for your help.

Maybe the error you've got on Mac is misleading.  Did you check
permissions for the file and directory in question?  The fact that the
resource fork (in .AppleDouble) is missing won't prevent you to
move/copy file.  On another account, samba and netatalk don't cooperate
on locks.

> PS: I'm new to this mailing list. Where can I get messages since

Try ftp://terminator.rsug.itd.umich.edu/unix/netatalk

> thank you

Bye.

Dejan