Subject: Login mappings

From: "Heath Henderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 06:21:30 -0500

Hello all.  I have a few simple login questions.  I have a few OS X servers
that I run Macintosh Manager on.  I also have two Linux boxes that I map
groups at both of my High Schools to for shared files (OS X's shared groups
folders are not perfect yet).  Anyway, I want to be able to start creating
accounts (user)  on the Linux boxes.  I want to have 5 sets of folders where
all user accounts are stored.  I want to be able to create the Home accounts
(In the root of Home) but Map the students to whatever graduation year they
are in (ie. /home/maxwell "Maxwell" would become /home/2001/Maxwell
"Maxwell" )  on top of this, I want to create groups for these students that
would then give them all mappings as well to say /home/Class_folders/ART
"Creative ART Club"  Is there a way to do this easily, Do I need to give
more information as to what I want to do, can I even do this?  I would do it
all by hand (May end up doing that) but there are about 4,000 students that
I would need to do this for.  I kinda wanted to keep away from having to
work a whole lot!

Any advice would be helpful

Thanks  Heath