Subject: Autoconf (was Re: Re: SourceForge Project Approved)

From: "jeff b" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:01:31 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000 Harry Zink/Netatalk List  wrote:
> on 7/25/00 8:37 AM, jeff b at [email-masked] wrote:
> > (I'm probably going to be committing the 2.1.4pre39 tree ... unless
> > anyone has any major objections, in which case I'll use 2.1.4pre37b.)
> 
> pre39 seems fine, as long as we're all aware of the charset issue (or
> whatever) that's currently disabled and needs to be addressed.
> 
> I've been running the RPM since last night, and so far, aliases really
> *DO* appear to be reliable.

I'm glad you like the packaging.

I had horrendous problems with the UAMs and that version -- probably
because I missed some important patch.

How do you feel about moving the tree over to GNU autoconf? I'm guessing it
will decrease the amount of complaining over Makefile changes for simple
things like shadow passwords, etc.
     
*************************
jeff b
system administrator
university communications
university of connecticut
[email-masked]