Subject: Identical Twins Causing Trouble

From: Basil Hussain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:33:39 +0000

Hi all,

Well, I have my two RedHat 6.2 systems up and running fine with Appletalk
(latest version, 1.5). However, I've got a really weird problem.

Both servers seem to think that they are each other! Here's the scenario to
illustrate:

1. I log in to the first server from the Chooser.
2. Connect to a share on that server.
3. Log in to the second server.
4. Chooser says I'm already connected. I click OK.
5. It shows the list of shares from the first server.

This is very weird!! The first thought that hit me was that they have
somehow wound up having same Appletalk network address. So I checked with
ifconfig, but they definitely have different ones.

Then, I remembered seeing something about this same sort of problem on the
mailing list a while back. But, I can't seem to find it in the archive (it
really needs a search facility!).

Can someone offer a solution?

Regards,

------------------------------------------------
Basil Hussain ([email-masked])

---

From: Dan Horth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:25:11 +1100

Basil - I can't help directly with your problem but can point you in 
the direction of the thread you refer to...

it started on November 1 by Joe Rhodes, with the subject line "Two 
servers appear as one"

the subject line changed a couple of times so if you end up at the 
end of the thread without an answer I'd skip to the next message by 
date...

HTH - dan.

-- 

	Nitro - 3D Visualisation, Graphics & Animation
		Ph (+61 2) 9810 5177 - Fx (+61 2) 9810 0199
			http://www.nitro.com.au/

         PGP Stuff: http://www.nitro.com.au/Dan_Horth.pgp.key