Subject: papd woes

From: anthony <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:08:14 -0500

Seems like no one has found a way to setup papd to use printer types
other than LaserWriter. This default seems to originate from the "main"
function in [sourcedir]/bin/pap/papc.

Anyone more skilled in C than myself care to write a makefile that will
recompile pap only, so a modified pap.c could use different printer
types?

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:50:06 +0100

>function in [sourcedir]/bin/pap/papc.

Of course there is.
Simply specify the NBP-Type in NBP-Notation into papd.conf.

NBP Notation:
NBPName:NBPType@Zone

If you want, you may use:
MyPrinter:ImageWriter@Printerzone

Unfortunately, papd uses the colon as field separator, so you'll have to escape this. My example papd.conf:

Tech-HP5M-Spool\:LaserWriter@Verwaltung:\
        :pr=|/usr/bin/lpr -P Tech-HP5M -r -h:\
        :op=poc:\
        :pd=/usr/local/etc/HP-LJ-5M.ppd:

:wq! PoC

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:02:43 -0800 (PST)

> recompile pap only, so a modified pap.c could use different printer

I'm not sure what you are asking for here.  Do want to make changes to pap
or to papd?

	Andy