Subject: Some problems on solaris 7

From: Frederic Goudal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:48:53 +0100

Hello,

I'm using netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4  on a solaris7 64 bits machine.
I have the following problems :
while listing my home directory, the listing is not stable :
one file appears 2 times than 3 times than 4 times and this loop starts again.
Always the same file. Ok my directory is bit big (500 files).
Another thing afpd core dumps while not used on an strncpy function call.

I'm using the compiled version that I have found on

ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/unix/netatalk/

f.g.

---

From: Tim Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 14:38:10 -0700 (MST)

> ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/unix/netatalk/

What Mac clients are these?  I haven't seen this problem with 8.6 or
greater. I have a directory that has over 900 files and don't see this
activity.

Tim

Tim Carlson                                  Voice:    (505) 984-8800x255
Director of Computing: Santa Fe Institute    Fax:      (505) 982-0565
WWW: http://www.santafe.edu/~tim             Email:   [email-masked]

---

From: "Chris G. Sellers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:04:50 -0500 (EST)

I don't seem to have any problems either.  Occasionally I have a file
that will dup it'self but it's rare and is usually a new file that
was just added.  It goes away after resizing the window or closing
and opening again.

Sellers

> WWW: http://www.santafe.edu/~tim             Email:   [email-masked]

=	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	=

   Sellers , Chris G.		Scientific Programmer Analyst
    Information & Instructional Technology 
    Oakland University - Rochester, Michigan 48309-4401	
    Phone: (248) 370.2016    FAX: (248) 370.4209
    Oak Archives Co-Manager		http://oak.oakland.edu

---

From: Frederic Goudal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:13:29 +0100

> greater. I have a directory that has over 900 files and don't see this

I have a MacOS 9.0.4 ibook.

The file is always the same and always on the same file, which is calld XMcd.
But there is a directory called xmcd too on the same directory.
I have tried to open the File, and what was opened was the directory.
Changing the name of the directory solved immediatly the problem.

This morning afpd was dead again. I'm the only user of this service.
There is nothing in the log files. 

f.g.