Subject: PageMaker

From: Sparky AppleTalk Support <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 00:45:37 -0500 (EST)

I'm having problems with linking images in PageMaker 6.52 for Mac to a
Netatalk server. The images actually link OK to the server, but if I
unmount and remount the server, PageMaker looses track of the images and I
must manually show it where to find them. This happens even if I close the
publication, then unmount and remount the server, then reopen the
publication. It is especially frusterating, because we're trying to move
all of our images onto the server and keep things linked for a good
workflow. Any thoughts on why PageMaker is loosing track of the links, and
what I could to to fix it? We're testing InDesign 1.0, and it doesn't seem
to have this problem with linked images. Also, the problem doesn't happen
with personal file sharing under OS 8 or 9.

Thanks for your help,
Adam

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 16:16:53 +0100

At 0:45 Uhr -0500 26.02.2000, Sparky AppleTalk Support wrote:

First, you did not mention which version of netatalk you're using.

>Any thoughts on why PageMaker is loosing track of the links

PageMaker seems to utilize a tracking scheme like Finder Aliases, which is known to not work in actual released versions (NOT development!) of netatalk.

:wq! PoC