Subject: Can't Empty Trash

From: David Ranney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:27:50 -0800

Hello All,

We're running a netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 server, and our Macs (all G4s running
OS 9.0.4) can connect fine. All Macs can also read and write files 
with no problems. When individual files are placed in the Trash on a 
user's machine, the trash can be emptied with no problems. But when a 
folder from the netatalk server is placed in the trash I get the 
following error message when I try to Empty Trash:  "The command 
could not be completed, because the folder could not be found."

When we place the folder in the user's desktop Trash, the folder goes into a
"Trash Can #2" directory under the Network Trash Folder. Is this 
expected behavior? Are there separate Trash Can's for each user in 
the Network Trash Folder?

I appreciate any insight you can give me.

Thanks!

-Dave

-- 
David Ranney
[email-masked]
LessonLink, Inc.
www.lessonlink.com

---

From: "Alex Yu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:40:30 -0500

> We're running a netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 server, and our Macs

We have same kind of problems here too.  Sometimes I got error type -50 and
so on.  Is it possible to turn off Trash in netatalk so that whenever users
delete files, they get delete right the way?

Alex

---

From: "Michał 'CeFeK' Nazarewicz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 23:53:48 +0100 (CET)

Today, David Ranney wrote:

DR>We're running a netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 server, and our Macs (all G4s running
DR>OS 9.0.4) can connect fine. All Macs can also read and write files 
DR>with no problems. When individual files are placed in the Trash on a 
DR>user's machine, the trash can be emptied with no problems. But when a 
DR>folder from the netatalk server is placed in the trash I get the 
DR>following error message when I try to Empty Trash:  "The command 
DR>could not be completed, because the folder could not be found."

I am getting the same issue, when I try to copy folders from one wolume to
another... netatalk 1.5-pre, version from Nov. 2000.

-- 
Michal 'CeFeK' Nazarewicz   / CAOL, DK GROUP SYSADMIN ^ NETADMIN         B
ICQ 47171266 / +48 (601) CEFEK 0 / http://www.dkgroup.pl/index.html      O
mailto:cefek at saydk dot co dot uk / MN4735-RIPE / Pengiun #164007      F
Linux kanton 2.4.0-test7 #9 sob wrz 2 12:46:51 CEST 2000 i686 slackware7 H

---

From: "Marc J. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:17:56 -0800

I can think of some permission schemes on the Network Trash Folder that 
might cause problems if you have dropkludge enabled.  Is anyone using that?