Subject: Netatalk password auth question

From: "Michael W. McKenney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:59:47 -0400

Please pardon if this is on a FAQ on sourceforge: the sourceforge
webserver hasn't been responding very well.  I was wondering what the format
for the netatalk password file was when afpd was set to require 2 way
encrypted passwords.  In particular, I have set the password file to be
/etc/atalk/afppasswd and would like afpd to authenticate all users from this
file.  Currently, my users don't have individual home directories, so I
don't really have the option of placing individual .passwd files in home
directories.
Thanks,
Michael McKenney
Systems Administrator
Center for Alcohol Studies at UNC-CH
1025 Thurston-Bowles Bldg  CB#7178
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7178
ph (919)966-5678
fax (919)966-5679
[email-masked]