Subject: codepages

From: Jorge Moreno <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 17:01:21 +0200

hi from spain

I have a little problem with codepages on a redhat 6.2 server running
both samba 2.0.6 and netatalk (1.42b+asun)

We didn't have any problem with the server while working with english
characters but when we used things like the spanish "ñ" or things like
"ó" or "é" or whatever
 the phrases appear different to linux, mac and samba users.

We already tried with some codepages but we aren't sure if we did it ok
so we would like to know what is the right codepage for spanish and how
to configure it in both samba and netatalk

I would like to hear from people with similar problems (spain south
america or wherever) so we can work it out together

Regards

    Jorge Moreno

    Servicios Informáticos
    Universidad Antonio de Nebrija
    Madrid. España