Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Netatalk Webmin Module v0.9 BETA Released

From: Matthew Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 16:33:30 -0500

I've released a "work-in-progress" .wbm of the Netatalk Webmin module
tree on my website at
http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/projects/netatalk/webmin_module/ -- This is
still rough, but is quite usable. Read the status.txt, readme.txt, and
credits.txt. Please e-mail me as noted in credits.txt regarding bugs as
long as you meet the minimum requirements in readme.txt.
	Netatalk is an Apple File/Print service for UNIX residing at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/netatalk/
	Webmin is a web-based system administration tool for UNIX residing at
http://www.webmin.com/webmin/

-- 

 Matthew Keller
 WebMaster, Interim Network Manager & 
   Host Systems Analyst
 Distributed Computing/Telemedia
 Information Services Division
 State University of New York at Potsdam
 
 Website: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/
 PGP: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/crypto/
 Webcam:  http://webcam.mattwork.potsdam.edu:85/

---

From: Russell Kerrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:40:44 +1100

I am looking to re-configure our network drives, and as an increasing number
of client Macs are running OS9, want to arrange them to minimise problems
with aliases.

Firstly, rather than hassling people here incessantly, is there something on
the Net I can refer to that explains the netatalk alias issue?

The particular alias problem we're encountering is on a newish box running
an RPM 1.4b2+asun2.1.4pre39 5mdk. Off /home there are 2 drives mounted on
/home/media1 and /home/media2 - these are 2 shared netatalk volumes.

The issue is, if media1 is already mounted, trying to open the media2 alias
opens media1.

Is there something I can do to makes these behave normally?

Thanks,
Russell.

---

From: Marc Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:02:52 -0800 (PST)

Ummm... delete and recreate the alias?  Just a thought.  Maybe what should
be the alias to media2 is actually an alias to media1.  You can "Get
Info" from the File menu to find out for sure what it's pointing to or
click on it and press Apple-I.  (I'm a PC guy, but I know my way around a
Mac pretty well now)

> Is there something I can do to makes these behave normally?

============================================================
	/\/\arc ._|. /\/\iller ([email-masked])
	Computer Room Consultant
	Information Technology/Lab Management
============================================================
I can be contacted through the Communication Center link from
http://www.mother.com/~mjmiller/