Subject: Can't unregister name:Workstation@*

From: "Radomski, Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 14:20:49 -0400

Hello,
I just installed netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4-0.i386.rpm.  I have used older
versions of netatalk on other systems and it worked fine.  This version
gives me an error when shutting down that says:

Shutting down AppleTalk services: Can't unregister mikerb:Workstation@*
Can't unregister mikerb:netatalk@*
atalkd: no process killed

I am able to connect to the share using the servers IP address/name.  But it
is not showing up in the choosers brows list.

Any suggestions?

Mike Radomski

SUNY - ITEC
Information Technology Exchange Center
Systems Programmer/Analyst 
E-mail: [email-masked] 
Systems E-Mail: [email-masked]         
Phone: (716)878-4832
Cellular: (716)866-7039
Fax: (716)878-4235

---

From: Crystal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 14:16:59 -0500

> is not showing up in the choosers brows list.

Hi Mike, 
This falls under the "can't see the server in the Chooser" problem. You can
check out the discussions by searching in this link

http://lists.hitchcock.org/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?visit=linux-atalk

To the list,
Is there a way that the list maintainer can tack a  brief message onto the
end of submitted e-mails that gives URLs for FAQ's, list commands, etc?
This might help new subscribers, without forcing older list members to alter
their sig files into FAQs ala Harry. ;)

-- 
Crystal Morillo
[email-masked]

The Kinkaid School - www.kinkaid.org

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 12:27:29 -0700 (PDT)

> is not showing up in the choosers brows list.

It is complaining at shutdown because atalkd didn't start up successfully
when you started the service.  This is also why you don't see your server
in the chooser.

Let me guess, you are running Redhat 6.2?

	Andy