Subject: printing partially working

From: BWS - Offwhite <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 10:14:43 -0500 (CDT)

I have printing working half the time, but at times the print job hangs
forever.  I think it hangs whenever I try printing a document with
graphics.

I was told to use the following settings and they are not totally
working.  I am wondering if I need to set it to use filters.  It also
gives the following error message.

"papd[55466]: read_ppd .ppd: No such file or directory"

Info: FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE, HP LaserJet 5Si

file: /etc/printcap
laser|lp|HP LaserJet on AppleTalk:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/laser:\
        :rp=raw:\
        :rm=123.123.123.1:\
        :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:pw#80:hl:

file: /usr/local/etc/papd.conf
laser:\
        :pr=|/usr/bin/lp -d laser:

What can I do to make it work?

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.greasydaemon.com | www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com

Microsoft: Will you get a macro virus today?
http://www.greasydaemon.com/noms/ <- Why avoid MS?