Subject: restricted shares

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 11:12:33 -0500 (EST)

I want to have shared folders that some users have access to and othrs
do not.  Is this handled through setting setting the proper UNIX
permissions on the shared directories or is this handled through a
configuration file.  

also can I restrict following symbolic links in netatalk?  Should I?  
What file is the proper file to put global shares in,
AppleVolumes.default or AppleVolumes.system?

Thank you

___________________

Jt "The Squeegy" Chiodi

http://www.squeegy.org/
[email-masked]

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 18:26:49 +0100

>permissions on the shared directories or is this handled through a

Both. You can use group definitions (access=@group). See the sample AppleVolumes File which comes with netatalk.

>also can I restrict following symbolic links in netatalk?

I don't think so.

>Should I?  

You must know that yourself :-)

:wq! PoC