Subject: Re: setting up netatalk

From: Paul Krohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 21:48:25 -0700

>3) edited only two lines in afpd.conf, they are
>    -
>    phys2 -port 12000 -address 134.74.32.31
>
from the default afpd.conf file:
#     -port <number>      Specifies the TCP port the server should respond
#                         to (default is 548)

if you change the port with the -port option, you must also hack every 
copy of AppleShare on your network to speak to that port (there's an 
apple utility for this, whose name i've forgotten). best bet is almost 
always to not use the -port option, unless you have a compelling local 
reason to use it.

---

From: "Stan P. van de Burgt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:41:40 +0200

Hi

Can anyone help me with a pointer to a document or a short desciption of
- the exact mapping of access privileges on a Mac vs those on Unix (Linux)
and vice versa?
- the inheritance of access privileges when copying files and folders  to a
shared disk.
- the inheritance of ownership of those files.

One of the things I'd like to have is a 'drop box' where a file can be
copied to, and where the owner of the drop box can pick it up.
But a complete overview would be great to set up the right privileges for a
shared network disk.

Thanx!

- Stan