Subject: read-only fs (a cd) on FreeBSD & asun2.1.3

From: John Chia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 17:27:47 -0400

Hello,

Let me try to describe my problem
First, there is a log entry that I'm not sure is relevant.  (I can't
reproduce it consistently.)  It is:

May  2 15:32:33 turknopf afpd[32007]: afp_openfork: ad_open: Read-only file system

I am trying to copy a file from a mounted CD shared with afpd (noddp) to
a MacOS 9 machine's desktop.  afpd is netatalk+asun2.1.3 on
freebsd4.0-release built from the ports.  This also happens on
asun2.1.4_pre39 built myself.

What happens is: chooser mounts the share fine; i access the share; i
notice the crossed out pencil and lock in status bar; i drag a file from
the share to my desktop; copy window pops up; err: The item "blah"
cannot be read because it is in use.  Do you want to continue?
<stop/continue>.

I think it could be a FreeBSD specific thing, as I don't recall
having such problems on Linux with the same CD/drive/config.  

Any ideas?

-- 
John

---

From: Sean Page <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 08:54:55 -0600

I am experiencing the same problem, and have been unable to track down the
cause. Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated!
BTW, John, have you had any luck mounting an HFS volume in the FreeBSD
filesystem (information on this seems to be pretty scarce)?

Sean.

> ----------
> From: 	John Chia
> Sent: 	Tuesday, May 2, 2000 3:27 PM
> To: 	[email-masked]
> Subject: 	read-only fs (a cd) on FreeBSD & asun2.1.3
> 
> Hello,
>