Subject: Netatalk still not working on SunOS 5.7

From: Michael DeCoster <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:23:00 -0400

Hi, I am making progress on getting netatalk to work.  I have finally 
gotten netatalk-990130 to compile.  However I am having problems when it 
starts up.  When I run atalk start this is the output that it gives me, and 
sometimes it restarts the entire computer.

starting appletalk daemons:  atalkdnbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
Can't register eh:Workstation@*
nbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
Can't register eh:netatalk@*
  nbprgstr papd afpd.

my atalkd.conf is
hme0 -phase 2 -net 0-65534 -addr 133.168

Could anyone give me any help?

Mike DeCoster
EH.Net Systems Administrator
[email-masked]

---

From: Tim Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:03:05 -0600 (MDT)

> sometimes it restarts the entire computer.

skip that and go to ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/unix/netatalk where I have
Adrian's 2.1.4-37b series compiled for Solaris 2.7

I'll have the -39 series up on Monday. Just starting to use it myself now

Tim

Tim Carlson                                  Voice:    (505) 984-8800x255
Director of Computing: Santa Fe Institute    Fax:      (505) 982-0565
WWW: http://www.santafe.edu/~tim             Email:   [email-masked]