Subject: Newbie needs help with config files...

From: Reed Loefgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 15:12:20 -0400

Hi all,

  I am new to this list and have a couple questions about my failure to
get a Linux box to be availible to a Mac box.
  All the ethernet stuff is fine. atalkd is running, as is papd and afpd
(the last two are in brackets [ ], what does this mean?) But when I go
into MacOS I can't get the machine to see the server (PM8500-Linuxppc
1999-Q3.)
  I'm pretty sure I've choked on either atalk.conf or one of the
AppleVolumes.* config files. But I have no idea where to start, or what
line to key in, and the docs and man pages, which I can usually
decipher, leave me stumped.
  Might I get some hand-holding here?
  Lastly, is there a searchable db of this site so that I might go there
first?

Thanks again,

Reed Loefgren
-- 
XI. The more you spend,
    The more you save.