Subject: Chooser

From: [email-masked] (Joe Dearden)
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 13:42:43 +0000

Hello,

I am having trouble getting my server to show up in the Mac chooser. I am
able to connect via tcp/ip. I have installed
Netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-8.i386.rpm on a compaq prolient running RedHat
6.2.

Thanks.

Joe Dearden
Network Manager
Lincoln Public Schools

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 11:09:35 -0700 (PDT)

> Netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-8.i386.rpm on a compaq prolient running RedHat

What do you see in /var/log/messages when the netatalk service starts?
I'm guessing that it can't load the appletalk kernel module.  If you don't
already have it, add:

alias net-pf-5 appletalk

to the /etc/conf.modules file and try restarting netatalk.

	Andy

---

From: aaron <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 12:31:42 -0500

make sure   /etc/atalk/config      has this line       ATALK_NAME=yer
servers name

don't  forget to specify yer network interface in   /etc/atalk/atalkd.conf

you could put a     -         in      /etc/atalk/afpd.conf

i ended up having to comment out the part of
/etc/rc.d/init.d/atalk    that tells atalk to run Backgrounded cause my box
didnt like that
                                  i dont think you'll have to do that though