Subject: Re: netatalk vs RedHat Linux 6.1

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 16:45:41 -0700

If I add an aliased interface (like eth0:1) and then,
   while netatalk is running I take that aliased
   interface eth0:1 down, eth0 comes down as well.  I
   have also tried this with 2.1.3.  On RedHat 5.1 and 5.2
   this works just fine.

hi,

i just thought you should know that i decided to go figure out what
the problem was. it turns out that ifconfig sets interface flags with
whatever socket was last opened. that's a very bad thing to do in the
presence of multiple protocols. i've placed a patched rpm in my ftp
directory that fixes the problem:
  <ftp://ftp.cobaltnet.com/pub/users/asun/misc/net-tools-1.55-1C1.i386.rpm> 
  <ftp://ftp.cobaltnet.com/pub/users/asun/misc/net-tools-1.55-1C1.src.rpm>

if you unpack the src rpm, the patch is called
net-tools-1.55-ifconfig.patch.

-a

---

From: Philip Blundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 11:47:09 +0100

>directory that fixes the problem:

I think this is fixed in net-tools 1.56 already.

p.