Subject: Netatalk not working on SunOS 5.7

From: Michael DeCoster <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:17:03 -0400

Hi, I have finally gotten netatalk installed and supposedly running, but it 
won't come up on the chooser on the macintosh.  My only guess as to the 
problem is that I don't know what to put in the atalkd.conf file.  The 
current conf file has this in it
hme0 -phase 2 -net 133-134 -addr 133.168 -zone "TCCether"

The actual address of the machine is 134.53.64.142 if that helps.  Does 
anybody know how I can correctly configure this so that it will work?

Mike

Mike DeCoster
EH.Net Systems Administrator
[email-masked]

---

From: Crystal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:45:42 -0500

> anybody know how I can correctly configure this so that it will work?
Hi Mike,

It looks like you have it configured correctly but you are not seeding your
network. Do you have pre-existing AppleTalk zones and/or routers on your
network? 
Also, you don't mention what version of Netatalk you are running. I don't
know about Sparc systems, but all my RedHat Intel systems running
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2 and kernel 2.0.36 (yes, yes I know there are
later versions, but frankly, if it ain't broke, why fix it?) need to have a
reboot if atalkd is stopped in order for the server to show up again.
Something to do with the kernel and/or modules only loading once per
startup.

C.