Subject: Freezing MACs

From: "Dirk Freese (DeWo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 17:18:07 +0100

Hi everyone,

we recently set-up netatalk under SuSE Linux 5.3 in a network with an Apple
G3 and a PowerMac and four PCs. The server runs afpd and smbd.

We created three shares accessable from the PCs and the MACs - As long as
the PCs use the shares, there are no problems. But when the MACs access the
share, they seem to freeze(rotating clock). And won't wake up until we
either stop the afpd daemon or restart the MAC.
In our syslog we found the following:

Jan 14 09:08:50 admin afpd[14985]: afp_enumerate: stat <xxx>: No such file
or directory
Jan 14 09:08:53 admin afpd[14985]: setfilparams: ad_open <file>.html:
Permission denied

The last message is repeated for every file on the share. The first message
is repeatet a few times.

The file-permissions are all set to rw for user and group.

Does anyone know where this problems comes from??
Thanks in advance!!

Dirk Freese

--
Dirk Freese            DeWo Verlag GmbH
[email-masked]   Internetpraesentationen
Fon: +49 761 4537200   Werbung - Marketing
Fax: +49 761 4527202   www.dewo.com