Subject: errors in log

From: Scott Sipe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 16:07:54 -0400 (EDT)

Had a new message showup in the logs recently, (maybe after I changed my 
network range to 1-10).

atalkd: as_timer sendto 0.255 (1): Network is unreachable

it's there a LOT, and often it shows up followed by (several) lines like:
last message repeated 7 times.  It also looks like the server isn't 
showing up in chooser, though that doesn't matter as everyone uses TCP/IP 
and ASIP still connects and works fine.

suggestions?

Scott

---

From: Greg Lincoln <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 13:43:46 -0700

> and ASIP still connects and works fine.

I'd love to hear more about this, too. I have exactly the same issue. In
fact, this is the ONLY afpd/atalk that gets logged apart from startup and
shutdown ops. I have no authentication info in the log at all, despite the
fact that my syslog is set up correctly.

TYIA

___________________________________
Greg Lincoln, Creative Director
Southwest Strategies, LLC

[email-masked]
858.597.7555