Subject: Help! FreeBSD 4.1 netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3

From: Ian Hitchman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 16:02:32 +0100 (BST)

Help please,

I have installed netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 under FreeBSD 4.1, recompiled
the kernel with options NETATALK. On reboot I get the following error
message...

Aug  2 15:30:24 ian2 /kernel: looutput: af=0 unexpected
Aug  2 15:30:26 ian2 last message repeated 9 times
Aug  2 15:30:26 ian2 atalkd[229]: zip_getnetinfo sendto: Network is
unreachable
Aug  2 15:30:26 ian2 atalkd[229]: bootaddr (zip_getnetinfo): Network is
unreachable
Aug  2 15:30:26 ian2 atalkd: difaddr(0.0): Can't assign requested address
Aug  2 15:30:26 ian2 last message repeated 2 times
Aug  2 15:30:26 ian2 papd[233]: restart (1.4b2+asun2.1.3)
Aug  2 15:30:26 ian2 papd[233]: atp_open: Can't assign requested address
Aug  2 15:30:27 ian2 afpd[235]: main: atp_open: Can't assign requested
address  ......

Have I missed something? All config files are as default.

eg /usr/local/etc 

AppleVolumes.default            afpd.conf.dist
AppleVolumes.default.dist       atalkd.conf
AppleVolumes.system             config
AppleVolumes.system.dist        rc.d
afpd.conf

less atalkd.conf

fxp0 -phase 2 -net 65280-65534 -addr 65280.206
faith0 -phase 2 -net 65280-65534 -addr 0.0

All the best,

Ian.

---

From: Ian Hitchman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 11:49:00 +0100 (BST)

Thanks for the suggestions but I still can't get atalkd to start under
this con-fig. Am I right in thinking that from ports/net/netatalk-asun to
make, make install and recompile the kernel options NETATALK is all I
needed to do? I have gone through the faq to no avail.

All the best

Ian 

bash# /usr/local/libexec/atalkd
Aug  9 11:29:59 ian2 atalkd[814]: zip_getnetinfo sendto: Network is
unreachable
Aug  9 11:29:59 ian2 atalkd[814]: zip_getnetinfo sendto: Network is
unreachable
Aug  9 11:29:59 ian2 atalkd[814]: bootaddr (zip_getnetinfo): Network is
unreachable
Aug  9 11:29:59 ian2 atalkd[814]: bootaddr (zip_getnetinfo): Network is
unreachable
Aug  9 11:29:59 ian2 atalkd[814]: difaddr(0.0): Can't assign requested
address
Aug  9 11:29:59 ian2 atalkd[814]: difaddr(0.0): Can't assign requested
address
AppleTalk not up! Child exited with 1.
Aug  9 11:29:59 ian2 atalkd: difaddr(0.0): Can't assign requested address
Aug  9 11:29:59 ian2 atalkd: difaddr(0.0): Can't assign requested address
bash# Aug  9 11:29:59 ian2 last message repeated 3 times
Aug  9 11:29:59 ian2 last message repeated 3 times