Subject: Re: Need a zone name

From: Benjamin Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 19:50:16 -0500

At 5/4/00 11:54 AM, Patrik Schindler ([email-masked]) wrote:

>At 21:45 Uhr -0500 03.05.2000, Benjamin Gilbert wrote:
>
>>Actually, under pre-asun2.1.4, you don't need to set up a dummy device.  
>>Just use -router instead of -seed.
>
>I'm always referring to the lastest official version. :-)
>Especially if one doesn't provide version information with his request.

FWIW -- at this stage in the game, I would no longer recommend that 
anyone use asun2.1.3 for new installations/upgrades.  It has a few Really 
Annoying Bugs (the dsi_stream_write bug that spontaneously creates 2GB 
files is a nice one) and is rather obsolete.  pre-2.1.4 is stable, and 
really hasn't changed that much in the last 6 months or so.

--Benjamin Gilbert

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 08:18:43 +0200

At 19:50 Uhr -0500 04.05.2000, Benjamin Gilbert wrote:

>anyone use asun2.1.3 for new installations/upgrades.

Adrian, tell us what you think.
2.1.4 is clearly marked as experimental and in a sensitive environment it would be fatal if it eats my disks for breakfast (restoring from tape needs time).

>It has a few Really 
>files is a nice one) and is rather obsolete.

Never had this one.

>pre-2.1.4 is stable, and 

Mh, anyway, I'll give it a try.

:wq! PoC