Subject: drvconfig error on "make kinstall"

From: "Yoshiaki Seino" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 17:09:03 +0900

I tried to install netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on solaris7. But
the error below occured on "make install".  This error may
be from add_drv in sys/solaris/Makefile.

drvconfig: Driver (ddp) failed to attach.
Warning: Driver (ddp) successfilly added but failed to attach.

There is no error on "make", and ddp entry is set to /etc/netconfig.
Why this drvconfig error occurs ? Is there anything else to complete
"make kinstall" successfully? Please help.

Regards,

BSN-INET
system technology dept.
Yoshiaki Seino
([email-masked])

---

From: Paul Krohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 09:05:48 -0800

if memory serves, ddp and/or atalkd don't work under 64-bit solaris.
need to boot in 32-bit mode to get those to work. there are two
possibilities for you:

1) run only afpd. this requires that any user wishing to attach to your
sun box know it's ip address and/or FQDN.

2) boot in 32-bit mode. can't remember how i accomplished this, but it's
something like "boot-file=kernel/unix" in eeprom.

---

From: Tim Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 10:37:25 -0700 (MST)

> need to boot in 32-bit mode to get those to work. there are two

Memory doesn't serve...

You can download a recent build for Solaris 7 64bit at

ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/unix/netatalk

ddp works fine if you compile it with a compiler that knows how to make
64bit binaries (namely Sun's Workshop 5.0 compiler)

Tim

Tim Carlson                                  Voice:    (505) 984-8800x255
Director of Computing: Santa Fe Institute    Fax:      (505) 982-0565
WWW: http://www.santafe.edu/~tim             Email:   [email-masked]