Subject: Group Perms ...

From: "Thomas Wardman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 15:59:49 -0600

Hi All,

I know this has been asked many times, but does anyone know when the
Group SUID ability will be intergrated into Netatalk?

I have written a bunch of patches for Netatalk, for my own systems here
that "emulate" this functionality.  It's not 100%, but does work.

Another question I have, is, when I copy a file to the server, does
Netatalk use the Copyfile function in
./netatalk-xxx-2.1.3/lib*/ad*/ad_open.c?  I am wondering about this, as
I can apply another "fix" to get Netatalk to respect the directory's
Group SUID setting if present.

Any ideas?

--Thomas

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 18:54:19 +0200

>Group SUID ability will be intergrated into Netatalk?

Sorry but SUID works fine for me (with 1.4b2-asun-2.1.3).

:wq! PoC