Subject: pam library lost

From: "Helmut Weigel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 11:25:12 +0200

Hi everybody,

I just conmpiled pre-asun2.1.4.39test under SUSE 6.4 with PAM support

When I try to login I get the errmsg (on stderr) cant find
/lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

Does anybody know if there is an equvalent on the SuSE Distribution ?
Whats the name ? then i could set an symlink.

Thanks in advance

Helmut

_____________________________________________________________________
berens/partner Hannover GmbH   -  Prinzenstrasse 8  -  30159 Hannover
fon 0511 / 36 07 40 - fax 0511 / 3 60 74 19 - mobil 0172 / 5 42 14 72
          HRB Hannover 58091 - Geschäftsführer: Jörg Berens

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 18:06:26 +0200

>Whats the name ? then i could set an symlink.

Don't use symlinks, change net config file for netatalk and replace the missing libs with generic PAM modules. This helped me (finally I trashed this PAM crap for other reasons).

:wq! PoC

---

From: Dejan Muhamedagic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 02:06:23 +0200

Hi,

> /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

You should install pwdb package.

Dejan

---

From: [email-masked] (Hans-Peter Jansen)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 22:38:51 +0200

> /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

Huh, they're already there in my 6.4:

 gizmo:~# l /lib/security/
total 590
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         1024 Apr 14 03:51 ./
drwxr-xr-x   6 root     root         2048 Apr 15 02:21 ../
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        10067 Mar 11 09:06 pam_access.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        14397 Mar 11 09:06 pam_cracklib.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         5082 Mar 11 09:06 pam_deny.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        13153 Mar 11 09:06 pam_env.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        13371 Mar 11 09:06 pam_filter.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         7957 Mar 11 09:06 pam_ftp.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        12771 Mar 11 09:06 pam_group.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        10174 Mar 11 09:06 pam_issue.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         9774 Mar 11 09:06 pam_lastlog.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        13591 Mar 11 09:06 pam_limits.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        11268 Mar 11 09:06 pam_listfile.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        11182 Mar 11 09:06 pam_mail.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         5923 Mar 11 09:06 pam_nologin.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         5460 Mar 11 09:06 pam_permit.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        18226 Mar 11 09:06 pam_pwcheck.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        35986 Mar 11 09:06 pam_pwdb.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         6864 Mar 11 09:06 pam_radius.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        12590 Mar 11 09:06 pam_rhosts_auth.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         5551 Mar 11 09:06 pam_rootok.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         7239 Mar 11 09:06 pam_securetty.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         6551 Mar 11 09:06 pam_shells.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        12678 Mar 11 09:06 pam_stress.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        11170 Mar 11 09:06 pam_tally.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        11124 Mar 11 09:06 pam_time.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   2 root     root        45703 Mar 11 09:06 pam_unix.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   2 root     root        45703 Mar 11 09:06 pam_unix2.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   4 root     root        45386 Mar 11 09:06 pam_unix_acct.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   4 root     root        45386 Mar 11 09:06 pam_unix_auth.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   4 root     root        45386 Mar 11 09:06 pam_unix_passwd.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   4 root     root        45386 Mar 11 09:06 pam_unix_session.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         9726 Mar 11 09:06 pam_userdb.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         6424 Mar 11 09:06 pam_warn.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         7460 Mar 11 09:06 pam_wheel.so*

I had to copy them into a 6.3 inst. to get .39 running there.
The only symlinks are in:

djini:/lib/security# l /usr/lib/atalk/uams/
insgesamt 260
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         1024 Apr 12 16:47 ./
drwxr-xr-x   6 root     root         1024 Apr 12 16:47 ../
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           11 Apr 12 16:47 uams_clrtxt.so -> uams_pam.so*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           15 Apr 12 16:47 uams_dhx.so -> uams_dhx_pam.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        94969 Apr 12 16:47 uams_dhx_pam.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root       119492 Apr 12 16:47 uams_dhx_passwd.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         3373 Apr 12 16:47 uams_guest.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         6006 Apr 12 16:47 uams_pam.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         3968 Apr 12 16:47 uams_passwd.so*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        31665 Apr 12 16:47 uams_randnum.so*

Be careful not to mix the SuSE netatalk package with the default build
in /usr/local. As always, strace helps...

FrisPete

-- 
ATTENTION: You have moved your mouse!
Please reboot to make this change take effect...