Subject: Status of Multiple Users on MacOS 9

From: Ian Reinhart Geiser <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 11:08:55 -0600

I remember hearing that Apple was going to release the API for multiple users
and remote boot of Macintosh Systems for MacOS 9.  Has this happened?  Will
this happen.  Currently we have a new Macintosh Lab being installed here and I
really would like the added secureity of Multiple Users but we need to
interface with our main UNIX system.  

Are there any other systems out there that will support An At Ease/ MacLogin/
Multiple Users interface that would work over AppleshareIP?

Thanks,
	-ian reinhart geiser

-- 
This message was sent from the MSOE Web Mail interface at
http://mail.msoe.edu/

---

From: Brian Bergstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 11:38:54 -0600

> Multiple Users interface that would work over AppleshareIP?

Not sure about the Netboot stuff, but during the dev cycle of OS9 there was
mention of Authentication plug-ins for Mac OS 9's Multiple Users. So far, I
have heard nothing else about this. We would like this too, to use NDS for
authentication.

---

From: ME <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 12:18:30 -0800 (PST)

> have heard nothing else about this. We would like this too, to use NDS for

For Net Booting procedure:
I tried to figure out the protocols used, and put up a web page. It is not
an official web page, and they may have modified their protocols since I
posted it, but check out:

http://libweb.sonoma.edu/mike/macnc/

-ME