Subject: ppd files?

From: James Greenhalgh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 15:12:27 -0000 (GMT)

Hi, I'm using .ppd files stolen directly from the printer descriptions folder
of a mac in the office, and I'm getting this:

Feb  8 14:35:34 storm papd[1658]: getppdent: line too long

The descriptions in question were unpacked from the collection pointed at by
one of the netatalk FAQs (the adobe set, as far as I know) - does anyone know
if theres some kind of quick conversion I'm going to have to put them through,
or a hack in the netatalk src?

thanks,
james

-- 
| James Greenhalgh, Systems Administrator - anti-BOFH.               |
| [email-masked]                                                   |
|             .. problems do have solutions you know ..              |
                                                                    --

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 07:46:37 -0800 (PST)

> or a hack in the netatalk src?

The happens because of the cr/lf differences between macs and unix.  I
wrote a simple perl script to fix this on my files.  I'm attaching it to
this message...

	Andy

---

From: James Greenhalgh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 15:34:49 -0000 (GMT)

> or a hack in the netatalk src?

Thanks to all who replied, for anyone else who needs it, this under unix is
the easiest way:

tr "\015" "\012" < orig.ppd > temp.ppd
mv temp.ppd orig.ppd

I actually ran it through a foreach loop and did the whole directory - worked
fine.

james

---

From: "Martin Wilhelm \"Moss\" Leidig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 17:19:00 +0100

>Feb  8 14:35:34 storm papd[1658]: getppdent: line too long

Did you convert the line end signs from Mac (CR) to *nix (LF) type?

-Moss-