Subject: SourceForge Project Approved (fwd)

From: "jeff b" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 15:37:48 +0000 (GMT)

I'm going to be committing the tree just as soon as the repository comes
up. Could anyone who is interested in developing netatalk and has a
sourceforge account please send me your account names so that I can give
access to everyone who is interested?

(I'm probably going to be committing the 2.1.4pre39 tree ... unless anyone
has any major objections, in which case I'll use 2.1.4pre37b.)

Thanks,
jeff

-=-=-= Forwarded message follows -=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:15:47 -0700
From: [email-masked] 
To: [email-masked]
Subject: SourceForge Project Approved

Your project registration for SourceForge has been approved. 

Project Full Name:  netatalk
Project Unix Name:  netatalk
CVS Server:         cvs.netatalk.sourceforge.net
Shell/Web Server:   netatalk.sourceforge.net

Your DNS will take up to a day to become active on our site. Your shell
accounts will become active at the next 6-hour cron update. While
waiting for your DNS to resolve, you may try shelling into 
shell.sourceforge.net and pointing CVS to cvs.sourceforge.net.

If after six hours your shell accounts still do not work, please
open a support ticket so that we may take a look at the problem.
Please note that all shell accounts are closed to telnet and only
work with SSH1.

Your web site is accessible through your shell account. Directory
information will be displayed immediately after logging in.

Please take some time to read the site documentation about project
administration. If you visit your own project page in SourceForge
while logged in, you will find additional menu functions to your left
labeled "Project Administrator". 

We highly suggest that you now visit SourceForge and create a public
description for your project. This can be done by visiting your project
page while logged in, and selecting 'Project Admin' from the menus
on the left.

Your project will also not appear in the Trove software map until
you categorize it in the project administration screens. So that
people can find your project, you should do this now. Visit your project
while logged in, and select 'Project Admin' from the menus on the
left.

Enjoy the system, and please tell others about SourceForge. Let us know
if there is anything we can do to help you.

 -- the SourceForge crew

--LAA29977.964539420/univrel.pr.uconn.edu--

---

From: Harry Zink/Netatalk List <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:54:04 -0700

> has any major objections, in which case I'll use 2.1.4pre37b.)

pre39 seems fine, as long as we're all aware of the charset issue (or
whatever) that's currently disabled and needs to be addressed.

I've been running the RPM since last night, and so far, aliases really *DO*
appear to be reliable.

Harry

---

From: Robert Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:10:12 -0700

Would it be better to checkin the 2.1.4pre37b first,
and then checkin the 2.14pre39 second?

That way people can look at the deltas between the two versions
since some things work better in 37 and some things in 39.

  Robert.