Subject: Re: [powertech] Re: Quark and Linux

From: Ron Chmara <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:53:50 -0700

Richard Sears wrote:
> We are using netatalk v. 1.4b2+ASUN 2.1.3 for TCP/IP
> MacOS9.0.4 and Quark 4.1
Snip_>
(error -199 on the mac)
> Once I get the error, I cannot save to the desktop or anywhere.  I can
> never work on the Quark files on the server.

You've lost your temp file. You can recover the active file by dragging
the pages out as thumbnails...

>  The only thing I can do is
> work on the files on a local drive then copy to the server when finished.

I've cc'd one of the netatalk lists as well... you'll probably need to
take a fairly hard look at the quality of your LAN, and possibly update
your box to 2.1.4pre39. (The last update I noticed was, well, two days
ago... open source moves fast.)

Current downloadable code for netatalk:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/netatalk/

-Bop
--
Brought to you from boop!, the dual boot Linux/Win95 Compaq Presario 1625
laptop, currently running RedHat 6.1. Your bopping may vary.

---

From: Sean Phelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 11:00:05 -0500

We were having the same error with Quark 4.  Try clicking off the "Preview"
option in the save dialog box.  This seemed to fix the problem.

We have been running netatalk1.4b2+ASUN2.1.3_37b for the last week and we
have not experienced any quark weirdness.

Sean Phelan
Chicago Reader