Subject: Can't transfer files to Linux any more....

From: Kirk McElhearn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 12:20:48 +0200

I can still connect from my Mac, and mount my Linux volume, but, on the
Mac, it says that there is 0 K available on the volume (while there is
really tons of empty space).  I can take files from it to the Mac, with
no problem, but I can't put  any files onto it.

Here's what I think happened - I couldn't get a ppp connection up,
because, apprently, there was a default gateway configured, that was
conflicting with the ppp DNS lookup.  So I erased the default gateway....
 Could this be my problem?

This said, looking back at /sbin/route, it seems to be the same as before....

Kirk

                                vice versa   
  Translations - French to English, English to French | Technical Writing
  Traductions francais-anglais, anglais-francais      | Redaction technique
  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
              [email-masked]    http://www.mcelhearn.com
      Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 19:45:43 +0200

>no problem, but I can't put  any files onto it.

Which Version of netatalk are you using?
Which system?
Which version of libc (if it's linux)?
Which OS Version on the Mac?
Which AppleShare Version on the Mac?

I know about a problem with libc5 and every version of netatalk being restricted to 32-Bit ints. Unfortunately these are signed so you have only 2GB of space being shown.
If you cread a big-enough-file from the unix side onto this volume and remount it from the Mac, you have 2GB of space available again.
This game will continue until the harddisk is full or you switch to a glibc-system.

> Could this be my problem?

No.

:wq! PoC

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 20:11:24 +0200

>Which system?

Okay, sometimes I should even read the subject ;-)

:wq! PoC