Subject: netatalk

From: Apostolos Karakoussis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 20:36:32 +0300

I wanted to ask :

1) i will have to run netatalk on a 64bit solaris 2.7 and the ddp driver

does not want to compile (tried with 1.4b2). is there a 64-bit compiled
version of it anywhere? maybe a 64-bit compatible not-compiled version?

2) as i was not from the beggining in this list (although i read the
lists until '99) could someone clear the following thing:
which is the best/simplest way to add encryption on the password
transmission ? (the policy of the local system is a) no clear-text
passwd
files hanging around the filesystem and b) encrypted password
transmission
only allowed )

3) i do not understand the version scheme too much. which is the latest
version? 1.4b2 or 990130 ? could someone clear this matter?

thanking in advance

Apostolos Karakoussis

[email-masked]
Network Operations Center of
Aristotele University of Thessloniki
Makedonia, Greece