Subject: uams modules with netatalk+asun from source

From: Wes Yates <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 06:36:56 -0500

Here's what I'm seeing lately. Though not consistently the same problem, it 
still rings similar.

A) the past few days there a  few users with a Mandrake distribution of 
netatalk having pasword/uam load problems.

B) uam loading problems of which I am one. My rpm version (+asun2.1.4) 
fails to load the uams_dhx.so saying it couldn't find libcrypt.so.0 (I have 
libcrypt.so.2.somethign.something with a link, libcrypt.so.1).

Now I use Red Hat 6.0 and have rebuilt the kernel on one box and netatalk 
works with passwords and the same distro (6.0) without rebuilding the 
kernel, that one doesn't work.

I had to force install the netatalk rpm on the "broken" box  when the 
source compile of netatalk didn't honor the passwords. I  have password 
checking now, but I still feel like something is wrong (or will go wrong).

Question is, is this a recent problem that the recent netatalk since to my 
knowledge, netatalk has changed and I don't remember uams?

-Wes

-Wes Yates
Netatalk Admin
Arts Engraving Company.

"The box said it 'Requires Windows95 or better.' So I installed Linux"