Subject: Trying to Install

From: Matthew Boehm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:57:57 -0500

Hey. I am trying to install netatalk on RedHat Linux 6.2. Upon issuing the
command 'rpm -Uvh <netatalk>.rpm' I get this error.

error: failed dependencies:
        libcrypto.so.0 is needed by netatalk-1.4.99-0.20000927mdk

I went searching and found libcrypto inside the openssl distro. So I downed
it and installed it.

Tried the netatalk again. Same error.

What do I need to do?

Thanks,
Matthew

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew Boehm
[email-masked]
The University of Texas at Austin, Department of Computer Science
Director of Technology, Jester West Residence Hall Association

"We often fear what we do not understand. Knowledge is our best defense."
perl -e "print join q( ),split(q.z.,reverse qq; zrekcahzlrepzrehtonaztey;);"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Uncle Meat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 03:58:43 -0500 (CDT)

> Tried the netatalk again. Same error.

Make sure /etc/ld.so.conf has the location of lybcrypt.so.0 in it (/lib,
/usr/lib, /usr/local/lib, etc), run /sbin/ldconfig and try again. If the
rpm still fails:

        rpm -Uvh <filename> --nodeps

When it runs it should find the libcrypt file. It's just that the rpm
package isn't smart enough to do it because it's looking in a place/some
places other than where it exists.

-- 
Imitation is the sincerest form of television.