Subject: error compiling 1.4.99

From: "Michael R. Jinks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:38:00 -0500

Hi, all -- hope this isn't a FAQ...

Trying to compile 1.4.99-0.20000927 on RedHat 6.2/SPARC and having trouble.
"make" terminates with:

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/mjinks/src/netatalk-1.4.99-0.20000927/libatalk'
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link asp/libasp.la atp/libatp.la nbp/libnbp.la adouble/libadouble.la dsi/libdsi.la util/libutil.la compat/libcompat.la netddp/libnetddp.la asp/libasp.la -o libatalk.a
libtool: link: warning: `-l' and `-L' are ignored for archives
rm -fr /libatalk.ax
mkdir /libatalk.ax
mkdir: cannot create directory `/libatalk.ax': Permission denied
make[3]: *** [libatalk.a] Error 255
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/mjinks/src/netatalk-1.4.99-0.20000927/libatalk'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mjinks/src/netatalk-1.4.99-0.20000927/libatalk'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mjinks/src/netatalk-1.4.99-0.20000927'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

"/libatalk.ax"??  Looks like somebody is trying to write to the root when the
should be trying to write to the source tree.  Well, I went looking throughout
the source tree and I can't find any reference to that file, no file contains
the string "libatalk.ax" so it's kind of tough to figure out which file to fix.

Uh... help?

-m

-- 
Michael Jinks, IB
Systems Administrator, CCCP
finger [email-masked] for public key