Subject: Compiling problems on Solaris 7 Intel.

From: Ricardo Stella <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 22:59:48 -0400 (EDT)

Using GCC 2.8.1...

I've been trying to get  'A' version of netatalk working under Solaris 7.

We first tried version netatalk-990130 and although it compiles correctly
and the machine is then seen in the chooser on a mac, you can't connect.
The Mac sais it cannot establish a connection.  Stopping then starting the
daemons, then complain that the 'net' paramenter (in atalk.conf) is out of
range - should be in the 30's but it's above 2000.

Note that this version compiled without problems under Solaris 7 SPARC.

So we then tried netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 but this version won't compile
giving the following errors...

I posted the same from an invalid address (my dad's) and all/any replies
were deleted (he thought it was spam).

In file included from tpi.c:20:
../../include/netatalk/endian.h:32: warning: redefinition of `int32_t'
/usr/include/sys/int_types.h:69: warning: `int32_t' previously declared
here
../../include/netatalk/endian.h:103: warning: function declaration isn't a
proto
type
../../include/netatalk/endian.h:103: warning: function declaration isn't a
proto
type
../../include/netatalk/endian.h:104: warning: function declaration isn't a
proto
type
../../include/netatalk/endian.h:104: conflicting types for `ntohl'
/usr/include/sys/byteorder.h:66: previous declaration of `ntohl'
../../include/netatalk/endian.h:104: warning: function declaration isn't a
proto
type
../../include/netatalk/endian.h:104: conflicting types for `htonl'
/usr/include/sys/byteorder.h:64: previous declaration of `htonl'
make[2]: *** [tpi.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/stella/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/sys/sol
aris'
make[1]: *** [kernel] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/stella/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/sys/sol
aris'
make: *** [all] Error 2