Subject: undefined reference to `yp_get_default_domain'

From: David Blache <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 16:17:24 -0600

A bit of a Linux newbie here, so please have patience... ;)

I'm getting the following error when doing a make with
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on redhat 6.1:

gcc  -DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER   -DUAM_RNDNUM -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
-fsigned-char -Wunused -Wuninitialized -I../../include
-I/usr/local/include   -DUSE_PAM -DAPPLCNAME -DUSE_PAM  -o afpd unix.o afs.o
kuam.o send_to_kdc.o lifetime.o ofork.o main.o switch.o auth.o volume.o
directory.o file.o enumerate.o desktop.o filedir.o fork.o appl.o gettok.o
bprint.o status.o afp_options.o afp_asp.o afp_dsi.o messages.o config.o
nfsquota.o codepage.o -L../../libatalk    -L/usr/local/lib   -latalk   -ldes
-lrpcsvc -lwrap -lpam -ldl
/usr/lib/libwrap.a(hosts_access.o): In function `host_match':
hosts_access.o(.text+0x400): undefined reference to `yp_get_default_domain'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [afpd] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/src/netatalk/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/afpd'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/src/netatalk/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/afpd'
make[2]: *** [afpd] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/src/netatalk/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc'
make[1]: *** [../../etc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/src/netatalk/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/sys/linux'
make: *** [all] Error 2
[

Apparently my network is setup incorrectly. Can someone tell me how to
resolve the situation so I can compile afpd?