Subject: Re: nbp_rgstr: Connection timed out?

From: Benjamin Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 21:48:02 -0500

At 4/26/00 10:05 AM, David Blache ([email-masked]) wrote:
>Apr 25 13:34:18 localhost atalkd[4272]: restart (1.4b2+asun2.1.3)
>Apr 25 13:34:18 localhost kernel: NET4: AppleTalk 0.18 for Linux NET4.0
>Apr 25 13:34:19 localhost atalkd[4272]: zip_getnetinfo for eth0
>Apr 25 13:34:38 localhost last message repeated 2 times
>Apr 25 13:34:48 localhost atalkd[4272]: as_timer multiple interfaces, no
>seed
>Apr 25 13:34:48 localhost atalkd[4272]: as_timer can't configure eth0
>Apr 25 13:34:48 localhost atalkd[4272]: as_timer waiting for router
>Apr 25 13:34:48 localhost atalkd[4272]: ready 0/0/0

What does your atalkd.conf look like?

--Benjamin Gilbert

---

From: "Daniel E. Lautenschleger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 07:15:58 -0500 (CDT)

Turns out atalkd.conf was configured properly. All that was required to
get it to work was reboot the machine.

Sheez.

Thanks for the suggestions :-)
-Dan

Daniel E. Lautenschleger
University of Wisconsin
R.M. Bock Laboratories
Network Administrator and Computer Support
[email-masked]
608.262.3403

---

From: David Blache <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:22:14 -0500

> What does your atalkd.conf look like?

It is empty (except for #comments).

---

From: David Blache <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:24:04 -0500

> Thanks for the suggestions :-)

Well not for me!  *grin*

-- 

   Catastrophe: the prize for the cat with the nicest butt.
|-------------------------------------------------------------|
| David Blache          Software Developer / Technical Writer |
|-------------------------------------------------------------|
| Microcosm Software    http://www.thesanctuary.com/microcosm |
|-------------------------------------------------------------|