Subject: AppleVolumes.default and .system

From: "Daniel E. Lautenschleger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:55:25 -0600 (CST)

Now that I am running the latest Netatalk "testing" version, I'm not clear
where one specifies the volumes to be accessed.

Where did AppleVolumes.default and AppleVolumes.system go? Do we no longer
need these?

Thanks.
-Dan

Daniel E. Lautenschleger
University of Wisconsin
R.M. Bock Laboratories
Network Administrator and Computer Support
[email-masked]
608.262.3403

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 13:29:33 -0800 (PST)

> Where did AppleVolumes.default and AppleVolumes.system go? Do we no longer

Check the top-level Makefile in the source code you downloaded.  I think
the default is /usr/local/atalk/ (with the AppleVolumes.* files in etc
under that), although you can change the installation path to whatever you
like.

	Andy

---

From: "Daniel E. Lautenschleger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 05:38:02 -0600 (CST)

The Makefile is supposed to put these two files in /usr/local/atalk/etc
but they are not there. The afpd.conf, atalkd.conf, and a  config file
called netatalk.conf are present, but not the AppleVolumes files.

Hmmm ... wonder if this is a bug? 

Daniel E. Lautenschleger
University of Wisconsin
R.M. Bock Laboratories

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 13:52:47 +0200

>Hmmm ... wonder if this is a bug? 

You alwways will find example configs in a (name forgotten) dir in the netatalk source tree.

:wq! PoC