Subject: GUI Admin

From: Scott Sipe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 23:37:22 -0400

Hi, I'd like to write a web GUI front-end for administering netatalk,
like SWAT.  I've never worked on this kinda thing before, but I've been
looking through the guts of a basic http server and think I can probably
do this.

So, if anyone has any suggestions, tips, ideas about what would be
helpful, toss 'em out.  I can't make any guarantees that I will actually
ever get this done, but I'd really like to give it a go.

Very excited about revitilization of netatalk!!
Scott

---

From: DAve <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 21:37:18 -0700

If not a standalone, what about a Webmin module? It's just Perl (Though I 
don't know Perl...) and the htttp stuff is handled for you, including 
encryption.

DAve

And Scott Sipe said....

-- 
"On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at
 the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait, and waiting -- died"

---

From: Olivier Milette <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 01:00:13 -0400

> > Very excited about revitilization of netatalk!!

I use webmin too and It will be really usefull if it would be possible to
admin netatalk from it.

Oli

---

From: Matthew Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 08:49:25 -0400

> Very excited about revitilization of netatalk!!

	May I recommend a Webmin module? (http://www.webmin.com/webmin/) It's a
kill program, and I'd be happy to help if you'd like.

-- 

 Matthew Keller
 Lead Programmer/Analyst
 Distributed Computing/Telemedia
 Information Services Division
 State University of New York at Potsdam
 
 Website: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/
 PGP: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/crypto/
 Webcam:  http://webcam.mattwork.potsdam.edu:85/