Subject: 1.4b2+asun2.1.4pre37 authentication problem

From: "jeff b" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 20:01:37 +0000 (GMT)

I just set up 1.4b2+asun2.1.4pre37 (which some people have said some nice
things about) on my test box. I moved the netatalk.pamd into
/etc/pam.d/netatalk, and restarted the service after some configuring. I've
got "uams_guest.so,uams_randnum.so,uams_dhx_pam.so" as my UAMS list in
afpd.conf. Communicating over IP seems to work, but when I try a
username/password pair which is valid on the system I get the standard
incorrect username/password message. (The login purports to be using 2-way
encryption as the password method which implies that it is using
uam_randnum.so) Is there a special password setup that is needed for this
configuration? I've already tried ~/.passwd with 0600 as permissions, with
no luck, generated with afppasswd. For one reason or another it refuses to
use either of the DHX UAMs, and it won't use either of the plain text UAMs
if I try those, either. The /var/log/messages seems to not report any
errors, even when it denies users access. Any ideas?
     
*************************
jeff b
system administrator
university communications
university of connecticut
[email-masked]