Subject: Re: netatalk and Red Hat 6.2

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 02:51:46 -0700

Hi Denis,

Redhat decided to stop loading the Appletalk module in 6.2 and not tell 
anyone. Add this line to /etc/conf.modules:

alias-net-pf-5 appletalk

And reboot...that should do it.

Steve Freitas
Newport Beach, California

>Does anyone know why the name of the Linux Server running netatalk no longer
>shows up in Mac choosers in Red Hat 6.2? This same installation worked fine
>in version 6.1

---

From: David Blache <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 20:54:32 -0500

Anyone know where the icon is stored that the Macintosh uses to display a
mounted netatalk TCP/IP volume (the black & white earth icon)?  I've looked
in the System, System Resources, and Finder files on my Mac and haven't
found it.  Is it stored someone in Linux?

-David

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 13:39:10 +0200

At 20:54 Uhr -0500 30.04.2000, David Blache wrote:
>Is it stored someone in Linux?

Right: In afpd.

:wq! PoC

---

From: David Blache <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 10:09:33 -0500

>> Is it stored someone in Linux?

Where though?  ;)

I wanna change it - being the Macintosh hacker that I am...  =)

-- 

     A bugless program is an abstract theoretical concept.
|-------------------------------------------------------------|
| David Blache          Software Developer / Technical Writer |
|-------------------------------------------------------------|
| Microcosm Software    http://www.thesanctuary.com/microcosm |
|-------------------------------------------------------------|

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 17:58:39 +0200

>>> Is it stored someone in Linux?

have a look into etc/afpd/icon.h in the source tree.

>I wanna change it - being the Macintosh hacker that I am...  =)

Oh, you'll have to hack pure C code (header file) if you wanna change this. It's not a Macintosh thingie you've got to do with :-)

:wq! PoC