Subject: Re: pre-asun 2.1.4-37b and RedHat 6.1

From: Benjamin Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:55:19 -0600

At 2/2/00 4:56 AM, Fabrizio Catalano ([email-masked]) wrote:
>a) As backup machine I have another system, that is an exact copy of 
>the main server ( Linux RedHat 6.1 - kernel 2.2.12-20) the only 
>difference is that isn't a multiprocessor box.  Here I have compiled 
>pre-asun 2.1.4-37b without any problem. Can the smp version of the 
>kernel do the difference?

There have been various reports of problems on SMP-based systems.  
Personally, I suspect that the problems are more related to kernel 2.2 
and SMP, than to netatalk and SMP, but I don't know -- I don't have an 
SMP box.  SMP problem reports haven't seemed to follow a consistent 
pattern, though.

--Benjamin

---

From: Tim Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 09:24:16 -0700 (MST)

> SMP box.  SMP problem reports haven't seemed to follow a consistent 

I just installed pre-asun 2.1.4-37b on a Redhat 6.1 SMP (2.2.14+mosix) box
and it seems to be running ASIP just fine. The box itself has been rock
solid under heavy loads (not netatalk loads.. compute loads). Dual
PIII/500 on an Intel L440GX board with 1G of RAM.