Subject: compiling problems

From: Patrik Eriksson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:40:28 +0100

Hi,

I'm new to this list and I don't know if this has been up before.

When compiling netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.3 I recevie this error message.

gcc  -DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER   -DUAM_RNDNUM -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
-fsigned-ch
ar -Wunused -Wuninitialized -I../../include   -I/usr/local/include
-DUSE_PAM -
DAPPLCNAME  -o afpd unix.o afs.o kuam.o send_to_kdc.o lifetime.o ofork.o
main.o
switch.o auth.o volume.o directory.o file.o enumerate.o desktop.o filedir.o
fork
.o appl.o gettok.o bprint.o status.o afp_options.o afp_asp.o afp_dsi.o
messages.
o config.o nfsquota.o codepage.o -L../../libatalk    -L/usr/local/lib
-latalk
  -ldes  -lrpcsvc -lwrap -lpam -ldl
/usr/lib/libwrap.a(hosts_access.o): In function `host_match':
hosts_access.o(.text+0x400): undefined reference to `yp_get_default_domain'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [afpd] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/afpd'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/afpd'
make[2]: *** [afpd] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc'
make[1]: *** [../../etc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/sys/linux'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Is there some wrong with the libwrap.a file (like; need a patch etc) or do I
have to make a change in some the Makefiles?

I'm running RedHat 6.1 with 2.2.14 kenel.

Hope that some of you can help me.
Thanks in a advance

Patrik Eriksson

---

From: Peter Gutowski <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Mar 2000 12:11:04 -0500

change sys/linux/Makefile as follows:

add -lnss_nis to LIBSHARED line

mine currently looks like this:

LIBSHARED=-ldl -lnss_nis

That should do it.
-- 
Peter Gutowski

[email-masked] • http://www.powervue.com/~peterg