Subject: Compiling netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3

From: "Seth D. Mattinen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 17:07:15 -0700

I'm currently having trouble getting netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 to compile on
a LinuxPPC 2000 box. The odd part of the problem is that the same package
will compile perfectly on a LinuxPPC R5 box. Anyway, it's dying with this:

make[4]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/afpd'
gcc  -DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER   -DUAM_RNDNUM -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
-fsigned-char -Wunused -Wuninitialized -I../../include
-I/usr/local/include   -DUSE_PAM -DAPPLCNAME  -o afpd unix.o afs.o kuam.o
send_to_kdc.o lifetime.o ofork.o main.o switch.o auth.o volume.o directory.o
file.o enumerate.o desktop.o filedir.o fork.o appl.o gettok.o bprint.o
status.o afp_options.o afp_asp.o afp_dsi.o messages.o config.o nfsquota.o
codepage.o -L../../libatalk    -L/usr/local/lib   -latalk   -ldes  -lrpcsvc
-lwrap -lpam -ldl 
/usr/lib/libwrap.a(hosts_access.o): In function `host_match':
hosts_access.o(.text+0x588): undefined reference to `yp_get_default_domain'
hosts_access.o(.text+0x588): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24
yp_get_default_domain
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Closest thing I can figure is that the yp stuff isn't installed, but
yp-tools and ypbind are there. Even restarted the machine as a last resort.
Any ideas? I'm fresh out.

--
Seth D. Mattinen   [email-masked]   http://roller.reno.nv.us/
PGP Key: finger [email-masked]
Think twice, type once.

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 11:24:18 -0700 (PDT)

> Any ideas? I'm fresh out.

This is a bug in the asun2.1.3 build environment.  You need libnsl
included in the list of libraries.  In etc/afpd/Makefile, change:

        if [ x"${TCPWRAPDIR}" != x ]; then \
            TCPWRAPLIBS="-lwrap"; \
            if [ "${TCPWRAPDIR}" != "/usr" ]; then \
              TCPWRAPLIBDIRS="-L${TCPWRAPDIR}/lib"; \
            fi; \
        fi; \

to:

        if [ x"${TCPWRAPDIR}" != x ]; then \
            TCPWRAPLIBS="-lwrap -lnsl"; \
            if [ "${TCPWRAPDIR}" != "/usr" ]; then \
              TCPWRAPLIBDIRS="-L${TCPWRAPDIR}/lib"; \
            fi; \
        fi; \

Note the added "-lnsl" on the second line.

This is fixed the the asun2.1.4preXX releases.

	Andy