Subject: LDAP Auth for netatalk via pam

From: "Ron Creamer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 12:23:47 -0500

Hello Group,

I'm researching using our existing Linux Mail Server (NSMS 4.1), and
more importantly, it's associated LDAP server a the central location for
account and authorization for all Linux services (login, ftp, telnet,
samba, nfs, and hopefully netatalk).

Has anybody ever tried using nss_ldap/pam_ldap (see http://www.padl.org
) and configuring netatak to authenticate through pam (and thus our ldap
server).

It appears that it will work well with all of the other services, but
I'm unsure of the netatalk. Any feedback would be appreciated.

-Ron

---

From: Harry Zink/Netatalk List <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:02:35 -0800

I tried installing LPRng on the system that I have my netatalk server
running. I used the RPM installs for both - and after I installed the new
printer architecture, netatalk certainly would no longer work.

Is there some kind of trick?

Harry

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:33:59 +0100

>printer architecture, netatalk certainly would no longer work.

Netatalk as whole or only printing via papd?

>Is there some kind of trick?

If you mean papd only, use the following:

QMS-Spool:\
    :pr=| lpr -Praw -h:\
    :pd=/usr/local/etc/QMS-PS410.ppd:\
    :op=poc:

Use as Example only!

:wq! PoC

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:34:35 -0800 (PST)

> Is there some kind of trick?

It works fine on our system, although we pipe the data to lpr instead of
letting papd mess with the spool directory itself.

	Andy

---

From: Harry Zink/Netatalk List <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:46:42 -0800

> letting papd mess with the spool directory itself.

Ah, gotcha.. I'll try that.

I noticed problems even when I was using RedHat's print tool to send tests
to the printer.

Harry