Subject: Re: How to determine which Mac s are connected?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:22:10 -0500

Ove Ruben R Olsen, [email-masked] writes:

>The script is also pasted into this message. I have just thrown it 
>togehter to
>run on RedHat ;-) - tweaking must probably be applied.

Yup.  My netstat (RedHat 5.2) doesn't support the -p option.

---
Jim Hart
"Organization is necessary for things to exist; Chaos is necessary for 
things to evolve."

---

From: Tony Grant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:49:38 +0200

Hello,

Does any kind soul have a binary RPM installation of
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.x that works on RedHat 6.1 Intel vanilla?

I have suceeded in compiling the source on 6.0 (the disk has since died)
and on 5.1, 5.2.

I don't need printing just file sharing.

TIA for any pointers

Tony Grant

---

From: Rob Russell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:09:32 -0500 (EST)

> netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.x that works on RedHat 6.1 Intel vanilla?

http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/mandrake/cooker/contrib/RPMS/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-6.i386.html

That one works for me, I had trouble with the SuSE netatalk RPMs.

-- 
Rob Russell,                                     [email-masked]
Senior Computer Systems Manager                http://www.cibnetwork.com
Canadian Internet Broadcasting Network, Inc.   office: 613.727.4818 x206
Reseau de Diffusion Internet du Canada, Inc.   cel.282.7885 fax.727.9366

---

From: Tony Grant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 16:24:10 +0200

Thanks guys

Rob Russell, Richard Parker were the fastest.

Netatalk on a bi-Celeron 500 Mhz with UDMA 66 RAID5 seems quite comfy!!!

Thanks again

Cheers

Tony Grant