Subject: Re: Apple Double?

From: "TJ Snider" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 19:49:07 -0700

Hi Keith,
----------
>From: Keith Lamont <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: Apple Double?
>Date: Mon, Apr 3, 2000, 2:58 PM
>

> Application files contain their (68K) code in the resource 
>fork. Resource forks are more used by application files than by data 
>files.

True, while it is mostly applications and their extensions/plugins I've seen
lots of other files store little resources so I'd be *really* carefull
before wiping out resource forks. Prefs files in particular often store info
in resources.. then there are of course resources tagged into source code
files to help editors keep track of state... and ckid's for projector if
anyone else remembers what that is... <G>

TJ

---

From: Keith Lamont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 22:18:36 -0500

No disagreement there. Resource forks are an essential part of the 
Mac OS, and should preserved.