Subject: Re: new setup

From: "John Arends" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 10:58:36 -0500

> At 16:40 Uhr -0500 22.04.2000, John Arends wrote:
> 
>>I just installed netatalk on a system running redhat.
>
> What version?
>
>>My server does not show up in the chooser. If I attempt to connect to it by
>>typing in the ip address, I get a login screen.
>
> Did you get any errors when starting up the thing?
> Especially look into the syslog!
>
> :wq! PoC
>
>
>
I found an rpm for redhat 6.1, installed that, and now it works. I guess
someone like me should stick to rpms for now:)

However, my server still does not show up in the chooser on my mac. The mac
is running os 8.6 and connected to the same hub. This is a pretty simple
network..no zones, etc. I can connect via tcp/ip though, and this works
fine.

I tried changing the config files but couldn't get anything to change.

ideas?

-----
John Arends
[email-masked]

(If all email was written by Microsoft) Legal Notice: Receipt of this
message constitutes your unconditional acceptance of agreement with all
terms, conditions, conclusions and opinions, either expressed or implied, as
interpreted by the author without further clarification. Use of any
information contained herein [inclusive of any and all attachments] or
omitted in part or in whole from the actual message is strictly prohibited
and will be subject to collection of significant financial damages.

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 10:02:21 -0700 (PDT)

> network..no zones, etc. I can connect via tcp/ip though, and this works

Try adding:

alias net-pf-5 appletalk

to /etc/conf.modules

	Andy

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 20:05:48 +0200

>someone like me should stick to rpms for now:)

Sometime it's better to compile yourself.

>I tried changing the config files but couldn't get anything to change.

If you do not provide more information than "Does not work", nobody can help you.

Let me repeat:

:wq! PoC