Subject: FreeBSD 4.0 woes

From: Jonathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:39:24 +1000

Hi all,

Trying to run Netatalk 1.4b2+asun 2.1.3 and it fails to start giving 
the following error(s):

AppleTalk not up! Child exited with 1.
bind: Can't assign requested address
bind: Can't assign requested address
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libcrypto.so.1" not found

The package was installed from an ftp mirror site (i.e. not compiled 
from source).

Any clues?

Jonathan.
---
Jonathan Elliott
Technical Officer
Faculty of Arts, University of Tasmania
Ph. +61 3 6226 2060 Fax c/- +61 3 6226 7842

"I heard someone state that Win95 is more stable than NT because 
Win95 only crashes when you use it." - Source unknown.

---

From: [email-masked] (David Zimmer)
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 08:54:10 +0200

>Win95 only crashes when you use it." - Source unknown. 
Jonathan,

you will have to install either the crypt package that comes with the base
installation or any port that makes use of the libcrypto.so.1 library like
OPENSSL. You find those under /usr/ports or at the FreeBSD ports
collection on the web.

You can also use the configuration file and tell the server not to use
encrypted passwords only plain text in which case the library is not
needed. Please see the man page for the conf file to do this.

I hope this helps.

David

================================================================
David A. Zimmer                      Zimmer Medienhaus AG
mailto: [email-masked]            Merchinger Strasse 69
http://www.saargate.de          66663 Merzig, Germany
Phone: +49 6861 9312-0         Fax: +49 6861 9312-13
-- all kind of spam to this email address forbidden/keine Werbemails --
================================================================