Subject: make error

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:50:21 -0500

On Red Hat 7.0, netatalk 1.4b2, the "make" command starts executing and
stops with an error:

          In file included from asp_getreq.c:27
           ../../include/netatalk/endian.h:32:21: bytesex.h: No such file
or directory

I looked for the file bytesex.h on my system and it does NOT exist
anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
-tom

---

From: Uncle Meat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:15:08 -0600 (CST)

> Any help would be appreciated, thanks

# locate bytesex.h
/usr/i386-glibc20-linux/include/bytesex.h
# rpm -qf /usr/i386-glibc20-linux/include/bytesex.h
compat-glibc-5.2-2.0.7.2

This is RH6.2 and the numbering is likely slightly different for 7.0.

-- 
A man is as young as the woman he feels.

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 08:28:23 -0800 (PST)

> I looked for the file bytesex.h on my system and it does NOT exist

Use a current version of netatalk.  1.4b2 is really old now, at least a
couple years.  You can get the latest versions at:

http://netatalk.sourceforge.net

	Andy