Subject: Re: asun 2.1.3 on Solaris 7 (x86)

From: Ari Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 07:54:14 -0500

Actually, the 2.1.4b version doesn't allow for password encryption 
via appletalk on Solaris 7 SPARC machines for some reason. I'm 
running 2.1.3 and it is working fine. I remember though that I had to 
comment out all the extra packages in the Makefile before it would 
compile correctly. The only package that I didn't comment out was 
DES, so that I could have encrypted passwords running on our server. 
The README file has the ftp site for you to get the DES package. Get 
it, install it, comment out the other options in the Makefile, and 
try recompiling. Also, you need to compile appletalk with the SUN 
Workshop 5.0 compilers since Solaris 7 has a 64bit kernel, you need 
to compile netatalk in 64bit mode. Good Luck!

--Ari

>On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Ricardo Stella wrote:
>
>  >
>  > I ask again, since I never saw a reply...
>  >
>  > Anybody running ANY version of netatalk under Solaris 7 (Intel) ?  If
>  > so, what version ?
>  >
>  > We've been having either problems connecting with 99xxxx version, or
>  > compilation problems with asun2.1.3.
>  >
>  > Any tips, help, appreciated...
>
>I don't have experience with netatalk on Solaris 7, but I think the
>standard disclaimer applies: Grab the latest test release from:
>
>ftp://ftp.cobaltnet.com/pub/users/asun/testing/
>
>Adrian Sun has made a lot of improvements since the 2.1.3 release and the
>code is much cleaner as well.  Give it a shot!
>
>	Andy

Ari E. Berman
Graduate Student (PhD Track) & System Administrator
[email-masked]
http://www.icmb.utexas.edu/
Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology
University of Texas at Austin