Subject: updating window

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 18:32:38 +0100

hi again,

is there a possibility to update a window an a mac automatically?

two macs are connected to netatalk, the same folder is shown in the finder.
if i now delete a file, i have to close and open the window on the second
machine to see that it's gone.

happy new years eve,
sebastian

---

From: Mike Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 21:58:26 GMT

The answer might be here:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q150/8/79.asp?LN=EN-US&
SD=gn&FR=0&qry=sfm%20traffic&rnk=6&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=MSALL

This is a knowledge base article from Microsoft's site regarding their 
mac services package (sfm). When we were talking earlier about the DID 
errors, I was kindly pointed to a source file "enumerate.c". That's where 
the error message "DID conflict" was generated, but it seems that if the 
mac is requesting a refresh every 10 seconds yet not getting updated 
information, then netatalk is simply shuffling off old information rather 
than scavenging for new information. It seems to me that the problem 
you're experiencing, as well as the DID conflict errors, could be 
resolved before "enumerate.c".

But then I could be completely wrong. What say you?

- Mike Johnson

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<