Subject: Permissions question (No Netatalk content)

From: Steve Freitas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 19:34:45 -0700

Ugh... I put myself in a pickle. Does anybody have a shell script they 
can feed me which will recursively change directory permissions, but not 
file permissions?

I chmod -R 444'd a whole directory with tons of files inside. Oopsie.

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 19:59:24 -0700 (PDT)

> I chmod -R 444'd a whole directory with tons of files inside. Oopsie.

change to the same directory you started this problem from and type:

find ./ -type d | xargs chmod 755

This will set the permissions of every subdirectory to 755.

	Andy

---

From: Frank Swasey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 23:08:15 -0400 (EDT)

> can feed me which will recursively change directory permissions, but not 

find DIR -type d -print | xargs chmod PERMS

-- 
Frank Swasey                             |\      _,,,---,,_
Systems Programmer                 ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
University of Vermont                   |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
http://www.uvm.edu/~fcs                '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)