Subject: netatalk and Solaris 7/8

From: Michael McCarthy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:30:28 +1000

Older messages on the list indicate that netatalk doesn't work on Solaris 
with 64-bit kernel unless compiled with Sun workshop cc. Is this absolutely 
correct, and are there people out there who have netatalk running on Sparc 
Solaris 7 or 8? If so, are there any other tricks to compiling, installing 
and getting it working.

Thanks in advance

================
Michael McCarthy
IT Manager
School of Psychology
The University of Queensland
+617 3365 6687

---

From: Tim Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 07:54:01 -0600 (MDT)

> Solaris 7 or 8? If so, are there any other tricks to compiling, installing 

This is absolutely correct. Try grabbing a binary

ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/unix/netatalk