Subject: Strange Disappearance for DDP support...

From: "Chris G. Sellers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:06:08 -0400 (EDT)

I rebooted my Linux Mandreake 7.1 machine Saturday, and suddently Atalkd
will not start, giving the error of no devices found - that simular when
DDP support is not in the kernal.

This was working, and NO changes were made to the server, it was powered
off to move the cables around.

I then tried to add it to another Mandrake 7.1 computer, and that one gave
the same error (but it found the ddp support in the kernal when installing
the rpm)

Any ideas why this would just happen?  

Sellers

 =	-	-	-	-	-
- - =

   Sellers , Chris G.		Scientific Programmer Analyst
    Information & Instructional Technology 
    Oakland University - Rochester, Michigan 48309-4401	
    Phone: (248) 370.2016    FAX: (248) 370.4251
    GNU Archivest - Oak Archives	http://oak.oakland.edu

---

From: Harry Zink/Netatalk List <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 20:33:22 -0700

> Any ideas why this would just happen?

Read my .sig at the bottom. It doesn't matter if 'this was working before',
check on what it says below.

Harry
-- 
CAN'T SEE MAC IN CHOOSER UNDER RedHat 6.2: If you get errors starting
AppleTalk under RedHat 6.2 and Mandrake 7.1, you need to manually add "alias
net-pf-5 appletalk" to your /etc/conf.modules file.