Subject: RedHat 7.0 and netatalk

From: Willem Duinker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 21:24:04 +0100

I changed my mixed mac/pc with linux-environment from RedHat 6.2 to
RedHat 7.0. After some initial xinetd problems with LinuxConf I ran into
a netatalk printing problem.

When I found that I was using LPRng instead of plain lpd I changed the
settings for spooling:
lp = | /usr/bin/lpr -Pmyprinter
I still got messages like

Nov  7 19:12:51 linuxbak papd[3833]: child 3856 for "HPLaserJet" from
65502.218
Nov  7 19:12:52 linuxbak papd[3856]: lp_conn_unix connect /dev/printer:
Connecti
on refused
Nov  7 19:12:52 linuxbak papd[3856]: lp_print: lp_conn_unix: Connection
refused
Nov  7 19:12:52 linuxbak papd[3833]: child 3856 done

Eventually I get the print out of the spool by restarting the lpd.
What is wrong.

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 13:29:26 -0800 (PST)

> Eventually I get the print out of the spool by restarting the lpd.

Did you restart papd (netatalk) after changing the papd.conf file?  It
won't re-read that on the fly.

	Andy

---

From: "Daniel E. Lautenschleger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:46:11 -0600 (CST)

Geez. I can't even get the latest sourceforge version to even compile on
RH7 :-)

Any fixes yet?!

Daniel E. Lautenschleger
University of Wisconsin
R.M. Bock Laboratories
Network Administrator and Computer Support
[email-masked]