Subject: All Passwords fail...

From: Ari Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:15:31 -0500 (CDT)

I've just installed netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on a Linux RedHat 5.2
(2.2.16) machine. I've got afpd.conf set to the following:

"TICAM atalk Server" -noguest -nocleartxt -randnum -rand2num

I've placed a file in my home directory called .passwd and placed a
password in it that is different from my real password. All atalk daemons
come up alright and the server name shows up in the chooser on the mac.
Double-click on the server and asks for user name and password. Each time,
no matter what the permissions or ownership of the .passwd file, I get an
incorrect password message. Any ideas??? Please respond to the above
address.

--Ari

Ari E. Berman
Graduate Student (PhD Track) & System Administrator
[email-masked]
http://www.icmb.utexas.edu/
Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology
University of Texas at Austin

---

From: Akos Szabo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 15:52:26 +0200 (CEST)

> password in it that is different from my real password. All atalk 
And tha passwd was generated by afppasswd?
It has a very strange format...
Don't You know how can I use my pam system for randnum etc passwd?

-- 
Ciao:
      Fonya

	Computers are like airconditioners: 
			They stop working properly if you open windows.

For pgp key: `finger [email-masked]`