Subject: RE: Netatalk + PAM on RedHat 6.2

From: Alexi Margo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 15:11:01 +0100

Andy,

[deletia ]

> atalkd is the appletalk router portion of netatalk.  Check afpd to see if
> it is linked against libpam.

It, likewise, does not report a dependancy on libpam. Have I configured
Netatalk correctly prior to compiling it? Is there anything else that I may
be missing/doing wrong?

[ deletia ]

> You probably want to use a newer version than asun2.1.1.  Asun2.1.3 is the
> latest "stable" release.  Netatalk v1.5 will be released soon as well.

I will try this, but I suspect that it is not the problem. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

**********************************************************
Alexi Margo
Internet Systems Manager
Wildwood Technology Ltd
http://www.wwood.co.uk/
t +44-(0)20 8426 7777
f +44-(0)20 8426 5050
**********************************************************

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the Intended
Recipient") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is
privileged and confidential within the meaning of applicable law.
Accordingly any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this
message or any of its content by any person other than the Intended
Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the Intended Recipient please contact the sender
as soon as possible.

---

From: andrew morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 07:33:47 -0700 (PDT)

> I will try this, but I suspect that it is not the problem. Any other ideas?

I'm not sure with asun2.1.1.  But in asun2.1.3, the authentication portion
of afpd is loaded from a .so module.  Is there a etc/uams directory in the
asun2.1.1 source?

In my installation of asun2.1.3, all I did to enable pam support was
uncomment PAMDIR in the top-level makefile.  The default settings of
PAMDIR=/usr worked find for me.

	Andy