Subject: Question and minor patch

From: William Knox <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 09:09:48 -0500

I have a question to ask and a small patch to submit. 

First the question -
Is there any way to get papd to reread the papd.conf without stopping
and starting it back up? I can't find anything, but I thought I might
ask.

Now the minor patch -
We are using netatalk here as part of our corporate printing solution to
allow Windows users to print to many of our old Appletalk and HP
printers in an environment where we try to support whatever anyone wants
to do (naturally). As such, some jobs come through for the HP printers
with PCL as the job language instead of PostScript. Netatalk's print
filters will convert these to pages of output without the following
patch (off of the netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 distro) to psf.c to send PCL
jobs straight through -

*** psf.c       Thu Feb  4 02:03:55 1999
--- /home/wknox/src/build/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/psf/psf.c       
Mon Jan 31 08:57:52 2000
***************
*** 274,279 ****
--- 274,282 ----
        } else if ( inlen >= 2 && inbuf[ 0 ] == '\033' && inbuf[ 1 ] ==
'%' ) {
            syslog( LOG_INFO, "PostScript w/PJL" );
            rc = copyio();      /* PostScript */
+       } else if ( inlen >= 1 && inbuf[ 0 ] == '\033' ) {
+           syslog( LOG_INFO, "PCL" );
+           rc = copyio();      /* PCL */
        } else {
            syslog( LOG_INFO, "straight text" );
            rc = textps();      /* straight text */

-- 
			Bill Knox
			Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
			The MITRE Corporation