Subject: basic compiling on Solaris 8 / Ultra 5

From: Jacques Beigbeder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 13:30:10 +0200

I got pre-asun2.1.4-39_test.tar.gz from ftp.cobaltnet.com.

I tried to compile on a Solaris 8 box (Ultra 5 -> 64 bits)
using 'cc: WorkShop Compilers 5.0 98/12/15 C 5.0'
(Sun compiler).

There are a lot of warnings during the compilation,
but it compiled.

When I start to run:

	mercator# /usr/local/atalk/sbin/atalkd
	can't establish STREAMS plumbing, exiting.

A truss says:

	mercator# truss /usr/local/atalk/sbin/atalkd
	....
	open("/dev/hme", O_RDWR)                        = 3
	ioctl(3, I_PUSH, "ddp")                         Err#22 EINVAL

The ddp driver are installed:
	mercator# add_drv ddp
	Driver (ddp) is already installed.

Any hint? I just saw 2 messages in the archive, none relevant
to my problem.

Jacques Beigbeder                    | Internet: [email-masked]
Service de Prestations Informatiques | http://www.spi.ens.fr
Ecole normale superieure             |
45 rue d'Ulm                         |     Tel : 01 44 32 37 96
F75230 Paris Cedex 05                |     Fax : 01 44 32 20 80

---

From: Tim Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 07:53:09 -0600 (MDT)

> using 'cc: WorkShop Compilers 5.0 98/12/15 C 5.0'

I have yet to play with Solaris 8, but I'm guessing the binaries for
Solaris 7 will work. ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/unix/netatalk

Tim