Subject: Problems running Netatalk under FreeBSD.

From: petro <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 12:37:40 -0700

I'm trying to get netatalk running under FreeBSD, using the 
/usr/ports/net/netatalk-asun stuff. It is version. 1.4b2+asun2.1.3.

FreeBSD version 4.1-STABLE, I put the options NETATALK in the kernel, 
then did a buildkernel and installkernel.

When I try to start netatalk, I get the following in the log files, 
and afpd is still running, but I don't see anything in the chooser:

Sep 16 23:37:50 hidden /kernel: looutput: af=0 unexpected
Sep 16 23:37:52 hidden last message repeated 9 times
Sep 16 23:37:52 hidden atalkd[135]: zip_getnetinfo sendto: Network is 
unreachable
Sep 16 23:37:52 hidden atalkd[135]: bootaddr (zip_getnetinfo): 
Network is unreachable
Sep 16 23:37:52 hidden atalkd[135]: difaddr(0.0): Can't assign 
requested address
Sep 16 23:37:52 hidden atalkd: difaddr(0.0): Can't assign requested address
Sep 16 23:37:52 hidden last message repeated 2 times
Sep 16 23:37:52 hidden papd[139]: restart (1.4b2+asun2.1.3)
Sep 16 23:37:52 hidden papd[139]: atp_open: Can't assign requested address
Sep 16 23:37:52 hidden afpd[141]: main: atp_open: Can't assign 
requested address

I'm running MacOS 9 on the desktop.

I've run netatalk under Linux several times. This is the first time 
I've had any appreciable trouble setting it up. Should I just switch 
back to Linux?

-- 
A quote from Petro's Archives:   **********************************************
Sometimes it is said that man can not be trusted with the government 
of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? 
Or have we found angels in the forms of kings to govern him? Let 
history answer this question. -- Thomas Jefferson, 1st Inaugural