Subject: could the admin of this list... (Wes Craig?)...

From: Harry Zink/Netatalk List <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:04:22 -0700

PLEASE eliminate the bozo with the RAYTHEON/ESYS.COM address from the list,
so that people sending messages to this list don't have to deal with this
bounced message continuously?

Please?

Harry

----

> Your e-mail message has been returned to you, as the "gar.esys.com" domain
> address is no longer valid.  The E-Systems Garland facility is now a part
> of Raytheon, and all e-mail addresses are "@raytheon.com".  Please resend
> your e-mail message in the format:  [email-masked]
> (e.g. [email-masked]).  If you do not know the middle initial, try
> the format:  [email-masked] ; in most cases, this will work.
> If not, you should get an error message returned to you.  To reach the
> Raytheon Garland facility helpdesk for more information, dial 972-205-4357.
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:53:40 -0400

> From:    Harry Zink/Netatalk List <[email-masked]>
> To:      netatalk Admins List <[email-masked]>

> bounced message continuously?

No address with RAYTHEON/ESYS.COM is on the list.

:wes

---

From: Jolly Roger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:08:39 -0500

> No address with RAYTHEON/ESYS.COM is on the list.

Then where is this message coming from?  It's getting to be a pain in the
ass, and only seems to effect people subscribed to this list.

---

From: Harry Zink/Netatalk List <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:48:21 -0700

> No address with RAYTHEON/ESYS.COM is on the list.

(Classic!)

Could you please take the time to send a reply to this list, like countless
others have done, and to discover that you will, like countless others,
receive the following message (which I have copied in my original request):

--
Your e-mail message has been returned to you, as the "gar.esys.com" domain
address is no longer valid.  The E-Systems Garland facility is now a part
of Raytheon, and all e-mail addresses are "@raytheon.com".  Please resend
your e-mail message in the format:  [email-masked]
(e.g. [email-masked]).  If you do not know the middle initial,
try
the format:  [email-masked] ; in most cases, this will
work.
If not, you should get an error message returned to you.  To reach the
Raytheon Garland facility helpdesk for more information, dial 972-205-4357.

--

The actual address, as is obvious from both my message, as well as the
conext, is from the gar.esys.com domain, and Raytheon's systems generate the
error.

If this address presumably does not exist in the list (which I doubt since
multiple people are getting this error JUST from posting to the list), then
I'd like to suggest some research into this issue, since it is affecting
many people.

Harry

---

From: Robert Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:51:33 -0700

Sorry for the noise.
I am need to see the bounced message so I might be able to help
with removing the gar.esys.com address from the list.
(I deleted my previous ones because I assumed they would be removed
from the list.)

  Robert.

---

From: Ron Chmara <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 21:34:52 -0700

> receive the following message (which I have copied in my original request):

Keep in mind that a _another_ address may .forward to that one, along with
a header re-write. The way I've seent his issue handled on another list
is as follows: A periodic message is sent out to each and every subscriber,
with a keycode in the subject and body. *Any* returned mail (full box, vacation,
bad domain, timeout) means the subscriber is removed.

-Bop

--
Brought to you from iBop the iMac, a MacOS, Win95, Win98, LinuxPPC machine,
which is currently in MacOS land.  Your bopping may vary.

---

From: Hong F Du <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:55:05 -0400

Here is what I got the bounced message.

I sent in this question some days ago and got the following auto return message. I
sent in again and got the same message too. Since no one answers my question, I
wonder if my original question reached anybody out there, or just being returned
by [email-masked] without posting it. Can anyone say something so that
I know my mail to
[email-masked] went through. Thanks

feng

netatalk wrote:

> >--------------1A1DDBA404B064695EBFD282
> >Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-2022-jp
> >Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> >
> >
> >Hi All,
> >I have netatalk netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-7.i386.rpm running under Redhat
> >6.1.
> >There are two network cards in my linux box. eth0 is connected to
> >internet, mac router and other existing Macs in, say 'good zone', with
> >legal ip,  eth1 is connected to a new mac LAN with private ip
> >(192.168.1.0)
> >
> >Problems:
> >Each time I restart atalkd, it causes all macs in 'good zone' lost zone
> >and printer connections. I have to re-setup AppleTalk and Chooser on
> >each mac out there.
> >
> >Is this normall for netatalk or AppleTalk? There is a  router running in
> >the 'good zone'  already, and my atalkd gets routing information from it
> >and proving nothing new to the network on eth0, why dose my restarted
> >atalkd effect the
> >entire 'good zone' on eth0? Is there a way to avoid this happening?
> >
> >Thank you for your help.
> >
> >feng
> >
> >--------------1A1DDBA404B064695EBFD282
> >Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-2022-jp
> >Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> >
> ><!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
> ><html>
> >&nbsp;
> ><br><font size=+1>Hi All,</font>
> ><br><font size=+1>I have netatalk netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-7.i386.rpm running
> >under Redhat 6.1.</font>
> ><br><font size=+1>There are two network cards in my linux box. eth0 is
> >connected to internet, mac router and other existing Macs in, say 'good
> >zone', with legal ip,&nbsp; eth1 is connected to a new mac LAN with private
> >ip (192.168.1.0)</font><font size=+1></font>
> ><p><font size=+1>Problems:</font>
> ><br><font size=+1>Each time I restart atalkd, it causes all macs in 'good
> >zone' lost zone and printer connections. I have to re-setup AppleTalk and
> >Chooser on each mac out there.</font><font size=+1></font>
> ><p><font size=+1>Is this normall for netatalk or AppleTalk? There is a&nbsp;
> >router running in the 'good zone'&nbsp; already, and my atalkd gets routing
> >information from it and proving nothing new to the network on eth0, why
> >dose my restarted atalkd effect the</font>
> ><br><font size=+1>entire 'good zone' on eth0? Is there a way to avoid this
> >happening?</font><font size=+1></font>
> ><p><font size=+1>Thank you for your help.</font><font size=+1></font>
> ><p><font size=+1>feng</font></html>
> >
> >--------------1A1DDBA404B064695EBFD282--
> >
> >

---

From: Harry Zink/Netatalk List <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:35:42 -0700

> bad domain, timeout) means the subscriber is removed.

I was under the impression that this list does precisely that, since I have
had my address dumped in the past when my server had e-mail problems.

*DOES* this list auto-delete bounced mail?

Of course, even if it did, this is nnot excatly 'bounced' mail, but a
response generated by a dumb mailer at Raytheon.

Harry

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:59:02 -0400

> To:      <[email-masked]>

> *DOES* this list auto-delete bounced mail?

Yup.  We'll be sending a message to each member of the list in the next
few days.  Please do not respond to this mail, as we'll use it to
determine the bad address.  Sorry there's not a better way...

:wes