Subject: [netatalk-admins] routing with netatalk

From: "Mike Junghanns" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 15:01:39 +0100

We have the following problem with routing in a appletalk net.
The net has 3 segments.

a linux - box with netatalk is the router for all 3 segments. It has 3
ethernetcards
installed.
The first segment contains an some mac's and 2 printers. The other segments
contains only mac's.

With TCP/IP roputing is all ok.
With appletalk we have a problem. The printers could only accessed from the
first segment.
The linux box should act as seed router for all segments/interfaces
(eth0..eth2).
I think there is another seed router in the net.  The problem is , that my
knowledge about appletalk and mac's not very good is. There is no
administrator for the appletalk ne, to answer my questiont. How can i find
the
other seed router, and how can i configure netatalk so that all computers
can access the printer. One printer is connected on a printserver (axis).
The other printer is a Textronic Phaser 750 with Printserver onboard. Both
are configurable over httpbut i can not change the netadress.

thanks
mike
[email-masked]

---

From: eirvine <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 07:33:17 +1100

Hi Mike,

You might want to check 
http://www1.tpg.com.au/users/eirvine/freebsd/netatalk-configs.html
for an example.

Eddie.