Subject: [netatalk-admins] Printing Not Working

From: James Jeffrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 22:54:31 +0000

Hi!

I have two very functional lpd queues on my OpenBSD system. When I try
to print from the System 7.5 powermacs they show the dialog, talk about
downloading fonts, and hang. The job never makes the print queue on
unix.

Any ideas?

James.

---

From: Benjamin Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 21:44:31 +1100 (EST)

Hi all!

I have had netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-6 rpm successfully running on RedHat
6.1 i386 for quite a while now... and I have a question rather than a
problem.

I have 3 network cards, as the computer acts like a cheap 100Mbit hub
using crossover cable... anyway...

If, say netatalk is running on all the interfaces...
if I do... ifdown eth1. And disable eth1. And then do ifup eth1, and
re-enable it... I get the following... 

Nov 30 21:35:58 chaos atalkd[1588]:
as_timer sendto 0.255 (4): Network is unreachable
Nov 30 21:36:38 chaos last message repeated 4 times

etc... Now *this* is *not* the problem as it's just that appletalk is no
longer running on the interface....

My question is... how do I restart netatalk on *just that* interface? As
opposed to /etc/rc.d/init.d/atalk restart... which restarts netatalk on
*all* the interfaces.

All the best,

-- Ben

/----------------------------------------------+------------------------\
| Benjamin Lee                                 |                        |
| Internet Administrator                       |  Mobile:  0416 122 779 |
| PowerNET Computer Consultants P/L            |  Fax:   +613 9425 9091 |
| 50 Madden Grove, Burnley 3121 VIC Australia  |  Phone: +613 9425 9090 |
\----------------------------------------------+------------------------/

A clash of doctrine is not a disaster -- it is an opportunity.