Subject: [netatalk-admins] Can't see any drives

From: Dylan Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 20:15:17 -0400

I installed netatalk 1.4b2 on my alpha station running OpenBSD 2.5 as a 
way to transfer files between it and my mac running MacOS 8.6. But I 
can't see any drives in the chooser. I'm farily certain this isn't a 
shadow password issue, because it's true for both guest and users.

I figured that by putting "/tmp    temp" into my "AppleVolumes.system" 
file, anybody would be able to mount /tmp as temp. I've got the 
permissions on it, the volume and the file, set to be readable by 
everyone, But nope, it doesn't even show up when I log in as a guest.

all the log entries look like this:
Sep 18 18:52:16 cale afpd[4903]: session from 41201.173:248 on 100.1:131
Sep 18 18:52:16 cale afpd[4903]: login dadams (uid 1000, gid 1000)
Sep 18 18:52:18 cale afpd[4903]: done
Sep 18 18:52:18 cale afpd[23850]: asp_chld 4903 done
No errors or anything

The only interesting thing is that, when I log in with Network Browser, 
it fails to even bring up the mount dialog. It gives an I/O Error -5024 
and does nothing. Then I get entries like this in my logs:
Sep 18 18:45:45 cale afpd[11352]: session from 41201.173:250 on 100.1:129
Sep 18 18:45:45 cale afpd[11352]: login dadams (uid 1000, gid 1000)
Sep 18 18:45:45 cale afpd[11352]: afp_null handle 37

Sep 18 18:45:51 cale afpd[22282]: session from 41201.173:249 on 100.1:130
Sep 18 18:45:51 cale afpd[22282]: login noauth
Sep 18 18:45:51 cale afpd[22282]: afp_null handle 37
And the proccesses go zombie.

Thanks,
Dylan Adams