Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk, We will work it out!!

From: "Anthony L. Sollars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 21:34:26 +0000

Dear all,

	I am running SLackware Linux 3.6 with the 2.2.x series kernel, Samba
2.0.3, and netatalk 1.4b2 and +asun 2.1.3.I have actually read all of
the man pages, the howto, and the FAQ for netatalk, so I understand the
basics of this implementation. I have tried setting a share in both
AppleVolumes.default & system, for my public share. ("/home/public")
But to no avail, chooser does not see the share, yet it does see it's
own home directory, and easily mounts it to the desktop. I have tried
everything the docs have suggested. So I must turn to the mailing list,
I hope someone here can help me. I need the public share, that each mac
can access, so our educational software we use can access it to store
student history/data files.

Sincerely,

Anthony L. SOllars
Technology Coordinator
Star of the Sea

---

From: Troy Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 19:14:20 -0500

Anthony,

More detail than necessary might be enough. What variations of
configuration have you tried? What is the output of the nbplkup command
from your linux box? What do your config file look like? Any or all of
these things might be just a little bit off, but all any of the expert
admins (and that would not be me) here can do is guess at what your
problem _might_ be. With more info they might dash off a quick solution
to your problem, but with as little as you wrote the first time, they
will reply with RTFM or nothing at all. So, give us the detail (without
compromising your security, of course) and perhaps someone here can make
your problems melt away.

:-)

Troy