Subject: [netatalk-admins] IP much less faster than AppleTalk

From: Yann Bizeul <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 22:18:38 +0100

Hi all !

Another problem with netatalk, my transfert rates a very low, compared to thus
in AppleTalk... About 100 K/s via IP, and 2/3 M/s via Standard appletalk...
Any idea ?

I've another problem, on boot, afpd and other initialize fine, but if I stop,
and then restart, I got a msg that is about "AppleTalk is not up ! child
something..." and I can't acces it on the mac BUT :
If i delete atalkd.conf, afpd initialize fine, but not print services !
(papd...)

I stuck !

---

From: Roger Grant <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 02:23:25 -0500

> in AppleTalk... About 100 K/s via IP, and 2/3 M/s via Standard appletalk...

I dont know about that... Maybe someone else can help.On my setup IP is much
faster than appletalk.

> If i delete atalkd.conf, afpd initialize fine, but not print services !

When you stop afpd using "rc.atalk stop" you should do a "modprobe -r
appletalk",that's if your kernel was compiled with module support for appletalk..
When you restart rc.atalk it should load the module back automatically.

Roger Grant