Subject: [netatalk-admins] Mounting TCP/IP Volumes w/aliases

From: Chris McFarling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 17:18:33 -0700

When I mount a volume through the Chooser using the Guest account, it
mounts using TCP/IP, as it should. If I unmount it and then remount it
using the 'Recent Servers' alias (or a manually created alias), it
mounts using AppleTalk. If I do the same thing using a registered
username and password, it mounts via TCP/IP no matter what.

So far I've set TCP/IP control panel to always be loaded and  trashed
the AppleShare Prep file, but no luck.

I would really like to be able to make this work with the Guest account
and not have to setup usernames for every client machine.

Setup:
PowerMac G3 266
MacOS 8.5.1
AppleShare Client 3.8.1
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-2

--
--------------------------------------
Chris McFarling---Pacific Color
1916 Palomar Oaks Way, Ste 100
Carlsbad, CA 92008
voice:(760)438-8933    fax:(760)438-8414

http://www.pacificcolor.com

---

From: Steven Karel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:20:44 -0400

Try using AppleShare Client 3.8.3 -- aliases using the guest account and
connecting via TCP/IP work for me (using pre-asun 2.1.4-35)

see http://til.info.apple.com/techinfo.nsf/artnum/n58360

steven