Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk + MD5 passwords under RedHat 6.0

From: Thierry Michalowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 14:45:59 +0200

Hi,
I recently installed Linux RedHat 6.0 , and choosed to enable MD5
passwords.
Afterwards, I compiled netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 with -DSHADOWPW , libdes
enabled and tried with and without PAM support.
Still, I cannot login from a Mac (MacOs 8.6) with another user than
"Guest" (i.e., no password!).
Note that my Mac says it is sending the passwords as clear text.
The messages in /var/log/messages seem a bit unexplicit to me:

**when selecting my linux box in the chooser:
Jun 29 14:43:24 pcthierry afpd[12861]: ASIP session:548(1) from
172.16.36.87:2132(2)
Jun 29 14:43:24 pcthierry afpd[12607]: server_child[1] 12861 done
**after typing in the user and password:
Jun 29 14:43:34 pcthierry afpd[12862]: ASIP session:548(1) from
172.16.36.87:2133(2)
Jun 29 14:43:35 pcthierry afpd[12862]: 0.08KB read, 0.05KB written
Jun 29 14:43:35 pcthierry afpd[12607]: server_child[1] 12862 done

Does anyone know how I can successfully  login from a Mac ?
Thanks in advance!

--
Thierry Michalowski                                     /
Edipresse Publications S.A                 \\\' ,      / //
Informatique de Production                  \\\//    _/ //'
33,av. de la gare                            \_-//' /  //'
1001 LAUSANNE SUISSE                           \ ///  //'
phone: +41 21 349 46 26                        /  >>   \\\`
mailto:[email-masked]       /,)-^>>  _\`
                                              (/   \\ / \\\
"Unix is user-friendly...                           //  //\\\
It is just selective about who its friends are"    ((`