Subject: [netatalk-admins] Limit to 4 APPLES?

From: Kathleen Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 22:50:48 -0500

I'm using SuSE 6.0 (may upgrade), and am trying to use this machine as a
server for a classroom with 15 Macs.  Right now, I'm butting my head
against the 4 Mac limit. How do I change this?  

Is it a command line option?  Or an option for one of the config files?

---

From: Edward Birdsall <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 12:55:31 -0400

The default limit is 5.  You need to go to rc.atalk in /etc/rc.d and change
the afpd start adding '-c xx' where xx is the number of potential
concurrent macs to support.

if [ -f /usr/local/atalk/etc/afpd ]; then
        /usr/local/atalk/etc/afpd -c 40 ;   echo -n ' afpd'
fi

is what my rc.d looks like to support 40 concurrent macs.
my reference on 8/27/97 was:
http://www.stpt.usf.edu/~johnson/linux/faq.html#limit  which is still
valid.

>Is it a command line option?  Or an option for one of the config files?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edward Birdsall            Senior Computer Systems Specialist
[email-masked]            Nuclear Engineering and Radiological Sciences
Phone: (734)764-8262       College of Engineering
Fax:   (734)763-4540       University of Michigan,   48109-2104
------------------------------------------------------------------------