Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk on Solaris 7, anyone?

From: [email-masked] (Horsmans Patrick)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:40:13 +0100

Hi,

Has anyone succeeded in installing netatalk on Solaris 7 (intel)?
If yes,
        - what version of netatalk did you use?
        - which changes did you make to the version in order to compile it?
        - how stable is it?
        - any other issues worth mentioning?

I installed the netatalk-971027 from UMich and after a few prototype
changes (added const's ...) and removal of 2 compiler options, the code
compiled OK with gcc.
I installed the config files and ran atalkd.
After a few seconds, the daemon came up.
ps shows that the process is running but I cannot see the server in the
chooser of my Mac.

Any suggestions, ideas,

Many thanks for response of any kind (positive or negative)

Patrick Horsmans

  ____________________________________________________________________

  Patrick Horsmans              Centre de Recherche Public Henri Tudor
  SANTEC team                   6, rue Coudenhove-Kalergi
                                L-1359 Luxembourg-Kirchberg

  [email-masked]     phone:  (++352) 42 59 91-1
                                fax:    (++352) 43 65 23
  ____________________________________________________________________

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 10:49:21 -0500

> From:    [email-masked] (Horsmans Patrick)
> To:      [email-masked]

> Has anyone succeeded in installing netatalk on Solaris 7 (intel)?

We've just got a machine up.  Look for a new netatalk snap-shot to
include a port in the next few days.

:wes

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:39:25 -0800

Previously...
>include a port in the next few days.

Wes, the latest snapshot will rollup both Solaris7 support *and*
Solaris (of reasonable versions) for Intel support? Just idle
curiosity here, since in any case it doesn't affect me. I recall
Solaris for Intel trouble from a couple months back, that seemed to be
endianisms. Will those soon be fixed? Neat.
-- 
[email-masked]
I will not do anything bad ever again
 - The collected wisdom of Bart Simpson

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:47:07 -0500

> From:    Michael Han <[email-masked]>

> endianisms. Will those soon be fixed? Neat.

Yes, we just got our Solaris 7 CD set, and are busily installing both a
Sparc and Intel box to test on.  The snap shot will include both, plus
some changes to pap accounting to be more generic.

:wes