Subject: [netatalk-admins] write permission

From: Johan Kjellman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 00:16:46 +0100

Hi!

I am new to Linux and Netatalk. Just installed RH 5.2 and netatalk.
I can se the linux computer in the chooser and i can log in to it. But how
to i give myself write permission to the shared folder on the linux
computer?

Johan Kjellman

---

From: Yann Bizeul <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 01:40:44 +0100 (CET)

Hello

Just use the chmod command... to get complete doc, make a man chmod

U can make a chmod -R a+rwx for a guest directory for example, bue it is
dangerous !

Learn to use group of user, and chmod before doing something people like
me tells to u !

All u have to know is in the chmod manual, the unix permissions are the
same as "appleshare" permissions

Bybye

---

From: Sascha Knific <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 01:14:30 +0100

>Hi!

Hi Johan,

>to i give myself write permission to the shared folder on the linux

You have created the the diectory you use for the netatalk volume using
the root account?!!!  ;-----)))))

You have to set up write access (rxw) for the direcory you use as mounting
point. If you have already files/dirs in there you have to do the same for
them.

My solution (on RH) is to take the "root" or another admin account as the 
owner and"users" as group. Then you just have to add the users to the 
group "users".

Voila...

>Johan Kjellman

Good luck..

Sascha Knific