Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk asun 2.1.3 diconnects on Solaris 7

From: Jan Baumann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:08:49 +0200

Hi folks,

I have just installed netatalk 1.4b2 asun 2.1.3 on Solaris 7 Sparc.

It compiles, launches and is visible in the Mac Chooser. Password Auth
with PAM seems to work (it can determine whether the password entered is
correct) but when I expect to see the list of exported volumes (after
ok-ing the Mac password dialog) I immediately get a requestor saying
that the connection to the server was unexpectedly broken.
I use AppleShare Client 3.8.3 as supplied with MacOS 8.6 on a blue/withe
G3.

If I log in as guest with no guest accessible volumes I get an empty
volume selection dialog, if I export guest accessible volumes I get the
connection broken message.

This has been reported to the list month ago but without an answer.

Any help is welcome.

Best regards,

Jan Baumann
cyberways system administration
Munich, Germany