Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Permission mapping

From: [email-masked] (Bob Smith, Hammett & Edison, Inc.)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 14:12:14 -0800

On Wed, Feb 24, 1999, 10:49:33 Espen H. Koht wrote:

>In a folder called "test folder" on this volume I have two word files
>created by each of the users:
>
>-rw-rw----   1 A    tutorial    19456 Feb 24 18:32 test
>-rw-rw----   1 B    tutorial    19456 Feb 24 18:37 test 2
>
>The enclosing folder permissions are:
>drwxrws---   2 A    tutorial     1024 Feb 24 18:37 test folder

You need to be sure that the directory "test folder/.AppleDouble/" is also
"drwxrws---", and the file "test folder/.AppleDouble/.Parent" is "-rw-rw---",
then it should work fine.

Hope this helps!

Bob Smith
Hammett & Edison, Inc.
[email-masked]

---

From: "Espen H. Koht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 01:16:27 +0000 (BST)

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Bob Smith, Hammett & Edison, Inc. wrote:

> "drwxrws---", 

Check.

>and the file "test folder/.AppleDouble/.Parent" is "-rw-rw---",

This is actually -rwxrwx--- (which makes sense given the above). Would
removing the execution privs. from this solve my problem though?

I've since found that some files are -rw-rwS--- and open fine for either
user. How does the 'S' get set, and what does it mean? I've failed to find
anything illuminating in the man pages.

Espen