Subject: [netatalk-admins] Compilation error, Solaris 2.6 Help!

From: Frank Suffling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 16:42:22 +0100

I am getting the following problem compiling Netatalk version 1.4b2 on a 
Sparc 20 and Ultra 1+ machine running Solaris 2.6, it may be due to an old 
redundant version of netatalk from a couple of years back, any help would 
be much appreciated, afraid my knowledge of c is not that good.

Frank.

bash-2.01# make
Making all for solaris...
gcc -D_KERNEL -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles -fpcc-struct-return 
-D__svr4__ -
DSOLARIS -O -I../../include -I../netatalk  -c  aarp.c
gcc -D_KERNEL -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles -fpcc-struct-return 
-D__svr4__ -
DSOLARIS -O -I../../include -I../netatalk  -c  ddp.c
gcc -D_KERNEL -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles -fpcc-struct-return 
-D__svr4__ -
DSOLARIS -O -I../../include -I../netatalk  -c  ddptp_rdq.c
gcc -D_KERNEL -mno-app-regs -munaligned-doubles -fpcc-struct-return 
-D__svr4__ -
DSOLARIS -O -I../../include -I../netatalk  -c  ddptp_utls.c
ddptp_utls.c:49: conflicting types for `msgdsize'
/usr/include/sys/stream.h:705: previous declaration of `msgdsize'
ddptp_utls.c:52: conflicting types for `allocb'
/usr/include/sys/stream.h:687: previous declaration of `allocb'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ddptp_utls.o'
Current working directory 
/a/dusty/dusty/dusty1/staff/scs2fs/source/Netatalk/net
atalk-1.4b2/sys/solaris
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frank Suffling
Computing Officer, Safety Officer, Video Officer, VDU Assessor, Fire 
Officer, Security Advisor, Trainee Supervisor.
Department Of Sociology, University Of Surrey,Guildford GU25XH, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1483 876984 Fax: +44 (0)1483 259551
<http://www.soc.surrey.ac.uk/~scs1fs/msf/utp.html> UTP Discussion Forum
<http://www.soc.surrey.ac.uk/~scs1fs>
Email: [email-masked]