Subject: [netatalk-admins] UAMs not loading in asun2.1.4.

From: Matthew Reilly <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 14:57:42 -0500

I'm working through getting netatalk running on my NetBSD MacPPC box. I
get the following on startup:

Dec 18 07:48:47 gib afpd[175]: uam_load(uams_guest.so): failed to load. 
       
Dec 18 07:48:47 gib afpd[175]: uam_load(uams_guest.so): failed to load. 
       
Dec 18 07:48:47 gib afpd[175]: uam_load(uams_clrtxt.so): failed to load.
       
Dec 18 07:48:47 gib afpd[175]: uam_load(uams_clrtxt.so): failed to load.

When i try to connect from my Mac box I get the message saying that the
needed UAM isn't there and I can't connect. I'm running
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4. I posted this question to the NetBSD MacPPC
list and was told that there may be a problem with the way that it is
exporting symbols and that tweaking the Makefile might help. Anyone have
any experience with NetBSD MacPPC and know what changes I could make the
the makefile?

cheers, 

Matthew Reilly