Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Subtle file corruption

From: "Paul Khristolubov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:00:14 +0700

Hello!

> 3) Anyone have a suggestion for debuggin this problem?  Perhaps I might
> try a newer version of netatalk.  Wasn't there a change in the way the
> AppleDouble info is stored recently?

Seems like you have CR-LF translation enabled. The best for you is to
disable it. I'd install netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 (which is not asun-2.1.1
that you have now) and it has this translation disabled by default, unless
you enable it for particular volume with options=crlf. You may also want to
recompile it with -DCRLF stripped from the Makefiles, but the first way
seems better for me.

--
Bye,
Paul S. Khristolubov,
Web developer, interactive design
mailto:[email-masked] | http://www.ipf.tpu.ru/serp

----------
>From: Yuji Shinozaki <[email-masked]>
>To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: [netatalk-admins] Subtle file corruption
>Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 19:44:35 -0500 (EST)

---

From: Benjamin Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 20:22:54 -0600

At 3/18/99 6:44 PM, Yuji Shinozaki ([email-masked]) wrote:
>2) Does anyone know of a mac application that does bitwise compares or
>file checksums, so that I can pinpoint the file/s that are getting
>corrupted.

I use 
<http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/mac/infomac.html?fcode=MC112
90>.  It's not perfect -- it can checksum directories and give you the 
sums, but can't compare two sets of checksums -- but you can copy the 
output back to the server and do a diff easily enough.

--Benjamin Gilbert