Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Desktop File

From: Jonathan Paisley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 15:09:06 +0000 (GMT)

>From: "Andy Daws" <[email-masked]>
>Here's an interesting one if you add a large number of files to a Mac viewable 
volume under unix, when a macintosh comes to view the contents of this volume it 
builds the desktop file to add the new files.  If there are a large number of 
files this can take some time before the file list/Icons appears.

>My question is has anyone written any utils to handle adding files under unix 
so that the desktop file is maintained as the files are added rather than when a 
Mac connects.

I've written a small utility that rebuilds the desktop database based on any 
files in a given volume that have their BNDL bit set.

If anyone's interested please let me know and I'll see about packaging it up for 
public consumption.

Jonathan Paisley
[email-masked]

---

From: 野村 武秀 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 18:12:29 +0900

Dear Jonathan Paisley,

Jonathan Paisley wrote:
> If anyone's interested please let me know and I'll see about packaging it up
> for public consumption.

Great!!  I have a lot of interest about it!

Regards,
Takehide Nomura