Subject: [netatalk-admins] Mac OS 9

From: Eric Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:30:44 GMT

Hi all.

I'm sure this has been covered too many times already, but I've been 
off the list for a few months, and the archives only seem to cover 
through 1998.  So I apologize for asking this if it's been beat into 
the ground already . . .

I have a linux box running ntalk 1.4b2+asun 2.1.3, and working 
beautifully for a long time now, with macs running OS 7.5.5 - OS 8.6.  
Now, a G4 with OS 9 is going to infiltrate my perfect world, and I'm 
wondering if there are any issues with OS 9, as there were when OS 8 
first came out.

All forewarnings appreciated.

TIA,

Eric Thompson

---

From: Dylan K Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 23:42:59 -0500

> wondering if there are any issues with OS 9, as there were when OS 8 
I've had no problems with OS9. I've got a Supermac S900 which is a client
of an alpha running netatalk+asun under OpenBSD. But all I'm doing is
serving files, clear text passwords, no printing, only one client, etc.
Pretty vanilla.

Dylan

---

From: Joe Auty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 01:42:06 -0500

MacOS 9 has been running great for me w. Netatalk, aliases working perfectly
as well..

as far as compatability, just make sure you have an up-to-date version of
Adobe Type Manager (ATM), True Finder Recognition (Stuffit), Norton, etc..
all those third-party extensions and control panels..

again, as far as Netatalk, I've been having no problem with 9.