Subject: [netatalk-admins] Type -50 Error

From: "Lance Hart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:31:23 -0500

I did some more testing on this.  It seems to happen
most of the time.  Sometimes it does not happen.

While copying files from a mac to the linux server
I get an error of type -50.

Help!

-Lance Hart

---

From: Bill Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:54:37 -0600 (CST)

> I get an error of type -50.

Hey Lance,

No help here, I'm getting the exact opposite, typ -50 errors when copying
from the server to a client! I have other Macs using the server with no
problem.

Does anyone know of a searchable archive of this list?

Bill Carlson
------------
Systems Programmer    [email-masked]	|  Opinions are mine,
Virtual Hospital      http://www.vh.org/        |  not my employer's.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics	|

---

From: Andrew Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:46:00 -0800 (PST)

> I get an error of type -50.

If I remember the discussion on this list a while back, this error can
occur when the user doesn't have permission to modify the corresponding
.AppleDouble directory.  The user has permission to create the data fork,
but not the resource fork, of the file.

	Andy