Subject: [netatalk-admins] ad_open perm error ok?

From: Leo Wierzbowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:05:58 -0500

Hello,

I'm running netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.2 (pre-7) and when I launch an
application in a write-protected folder, /var/log/messages sez:
afp_openfork: ad_open: Permission denied.  In a write-enabled folder
this does not happen.  I assume everything is OK and the error msg is a
normal symptom for write-protection, but before I put this into
production, I'd like to verify it really is.  Thanks....

--

Sincerely,
Leo Wierzbowski

http://grove.ufl.edu/~leo/

"A just law is a man-made code that squares
 with the moral law or the law of God."
 (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from
 Birmingham Jail, April 1963)

 "The University of Florida does not endorse or
 disendorse the content of this document.
 Everything is the author's private opinion."