Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk on RedHat Linux 5.2

From: "Michael H. Martel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:38:02 -0500

Hello!

I downloaded the latest netatalk w/asun's patches.  It compiles and works
fine, but I can't get it to read my config file.  If I specify -f as the
man page says the config file gets overwriten.  I'm trying to force
Netatalk into a different zone.  any thoughts ?

Thanks!

Michael

-- 

  -------------------------------o--------------------------------
  Michael H. Martel              | Vermont State Colleges        
  mailto:[email-masked]   | Technical Support Specialist
  http://probe.vsc.edu/~michael  | PH:802-241-2535 FX:802-241-3363

---

From: "Michael H. Martel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:03:43 -0500

> Netatalk into a different zone.  any thoughts ?

Duh.  I figured out what I was doing. afpd is command line driven not
config file.  Sorry for the waste of bandwidth.

Michael

--

---

From: Yuji Shinozaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:06:49 -0500 (EST)

> Netatalk into a different zone.  any thoughts ?

One thing to do is a "getzones -l" to make sure that the zone you are
trying to use is in the zonelist for your seed router.  I presume you are
on a routed Appletalk network and the seed router is already setup by
someone else. This zonelist will depend on how your seed router is set up. 
You may need to talk to your network admin about adding the zone to the
zonelist for your net or net range (see your regenerated atalkd.conf to
see what net/net-range you are using).  Quite often on cisco's and other
routers, only one zone will be set up per port.  In those cases you can't
change zones. 

yuji
----

P.S.  How's the winter up in VT? (I am displaced Vermonter, who
unashamedly does not miss shoveling the walk and deicing the car). 

----
Yuji Shinozaki		        Systems Administrator
[email-masked]	        Dept of Physics and Astronomy
http://www.physics.unc.edu      Univ. of North Carolina - CH
(919)962-7214 (voice)           CB 3255 Philips Hall
(919)962-0480 (fax)	        Chapel Hill, NC  27599