Subject: [netatalk-admins] diabeling CR-LF conversion in netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3?

From: Georg Schwarz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 18:07:41 +0200 (MEST)

I'm just installing netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on Linux 2.2.5. With former
versions of Netatalk there used to be a flag in one of the Makefiles which
could be commented out to diable CR - LF conversion. In
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 I can no longer find such a flag. What must be
changed to make that release of netatalk not convert EOL characters on text
files?
-- 
Georg Schwarz                             [email-masked]
Institut für Theoretische Physik    Tel. +49 30 314-24254, FAX -21130
Technische Universität Berlin          http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
Sekr. PN 7-1, Hardenbergstr. 36, D-10623 Berlin            IRC: kuroi

---

From: Les Barstow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 17:23:39 +0000

I just compiled asun2.1.3, and it appears that the . BINA line in the
AppleVolumes.system actually works (it didn't under plain 1.4b2).  I
don't know
what changed, but I didn't have to do anything specific to get
non-translation
(I did have the above-mentioned line uncommented...).

--
Les Barstow
System Administrator
ENTIRE/UFO Systems, AHT Companies
[email-masked]

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 20:10:02 +0200

>changed to make that release of netatalk not convert EOL characters on text

Perhaps it doesn't do that any more.

:wq! PoC