Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk and CAP

From: Anne Kelsey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 12:40:52 -0500

Has anyone on the list changed from CAP to Netatalk?  I'm trying to run
Netatalk on a Solaris 2.6, but we already have CAP running.   I think the
way the files are stored are different, can any one send info to the list
about netatalk file storage?

Anne Kelsey

Networking/Macintosh Specialist
Academic Media and Technology
Yale University
ph:  203-432-6631
fx:  203-432-6165
http://pantheon.yale.edu/~akelsey
[email-masked]

---

From: Brian Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 12:00:17 -0700

I switched from CAP to netatalk about 4 years ago. I did it by running CAP 
on one machine and netatalk on another, and using a Mac finder to drag and 
drop files from the old world to the new world. Crude but effective.