Subject: [netatalk-admins] User volumes

From: Kevin Quick <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 14:21:10 +0000

Has anybody got an answer for this problem

I have 5 volumes to mount in AppleVolumes.system

/a	A
/b	B
/c	C
/d	D
/e	E

I've compiled the latest pre-asun with libdes so that passwords work.

At present each user has a .passwd file in a private directory on whichever
volume the user is allowed to access. I should add that I'm not using home
dir in the normal unix fashion. i.e each user does not have a directory
called /home/user.

When the user logs in the chooser window lists the mounted volumes as
defined in AppleVolumes.system as well as the directory where the .passwd
file is located.

There are no AppleVolume files in any of these directories and there is no
AppleVolumes.default file. I've also put -nouservol in the afpd.conf file.

What I need to do is show the list without the directory where the .passwd
file is located.

____________________________________________________________________
Kevin Quick
Asst. Computer Officer
Faculty of Technology
The Open University

Internet Mail:   [email-masked]

     The best thing to run under Windows is radiator pipes