Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk resource fork format

From: [email-masked] (William P. McGonigle)
Date: 11 Jan 99 08:20:19 EST

--- Lee Blevins wrote:
Their network guru, Pat Flaherty, says that they've never heard of
freebsd or netatalk.
--- end of quote ---

If you depend on this 'guru' it might be wise to find a new ISP.  Netatalk, I
can maybe understand, but, freebsd?, c'mon.

-Bill

---

From: [email-masked] (Ambrose Li [EDP])
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 17:43:36 GMT

On Mon Jan 11 07:15:28 EST 1999, [email-masked] (Lee Blevins) wrote:
>I'm very dissapointed that in upgrading my Rampage rips
>(www.rampageinc.com) they said I can't use netatalk or they won't
>support the installation.

In article <[email-masked]>,
>can maybe understand, but, freebsd?, c'mon.

A new ISP may be easy to find. But a new RIP vendor is another matter :-)

At least for us, we don't have a choice of which RIP vendor to use; I guess
this would also be the case with Lee.

--
Ambrose C. Li / +1 416 321 0088 / Ming Pao Newspapers (Canada) Ltd.
EDP department / All views expressed here are my own; they may or
may not represent the views of my employer.