Subject: [netatalk-admins] pre-asun2.1.4-5 snapshot available

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 14:50:26 -0800 (PST)

hi there,

i would like people with test machines to give this a whirl. it has
the following changes over asun2.1.4-4:
    1) improved byte locking. there's still one remaining race
       condition, but that should be all. in addition, it sticks the
       file synchronization locks in different places depending upon
       whether or not the appledouble header file exists. basically,
       almost everything gets reference counted now.

    2) improved appledouble header reading. it should accept almost
       any sized appledouble file that sticks the resource fork at the
       end. it just ignores the bits that it doesn't understand. i
       memory map the header, so it should actually use a little less
       memory.

    3) changed AppleVolumes.* options. now all of the options are ':'
       delimited. that way, i can just ignore unknown options and
       allow the '=' character in volume names.

    4) modified integer size checking. solaris folks should no longer
       get warnings re: int32_t. also, i need info on solaris 2.5.1,
       so it might not compile there. i might have screwed up a little
       on the #ifdefs as well, so if i can get tests on a variety of
       machines, that would be good.

    4) sys/generic and INSTALL/INSTALL.GENERIC added. it basically
       just lists all of the options that are available for getting
       netatalk compiled on an unsupported architecture.
   
-a