Subject: [netatalk-admins] Problem with afpd option in hfs mount and netatalk

From: Tan Chee Weei <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 15:59:22 +0800

I'm using kernel 2.2.13 and netatalk 1.4b2+asun-2.1.13

specifying the afpd or fork=netatalk in a mount of a cdrom results in
the volume being grayed out in the chooser on a Mac.
Not specifying the afpd or fork=netatalk option allows the volume to
be available for sharing with a Mac.

Mount:

mount -t hfs -o ro,afpd,uid=1000,gid=100,umask=002 /dev/cdrom /cdrom

Appletalk.system

/cdrom Cdrom

...

User is uid:1000 belonging to group 100

Why is the volume grayed out in the chooser when the device is mounted
with the afpd option? How do I resolve this problem?  Thanks.

CW

---

From: Tan Chee Weei <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 13:57:54 +0800

Mount:

Appletalk.system

/cdrom Cdrom

...

CW

---

From: Tony Grant <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:55:59 +0100

Hello,

If anyone out there has netatalk working on a stock Redhat 6.1 and a
via-rhine ethernet card I would much appreciate seeing their config
files.

I have no problems with afpd - just with plain atalk and especially
papd.

TIA

Cheers

Tony Grant