Subject: [netatalk-admins] Transmitter Timeouts...

From: "Michael H. Martel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:09:24 -0500 (EST)

hello!

I'm running RedHat 5.2 on an intel Celeron 333 w/Intel EtherExpress Pro
10/100 card.  When I fire up the latest version from a sun I get the
following message :

	eth0: Transmit timed out: Status 0050 Command 0000.
	eth0: Trying to restart the transmitter ...

I got this with earlier versions of Netatalk too but just ignored it for
some reason.  Has anybody else seen this ?

Thanks!

Michael

  -------------------------------o--------------------------------
  Michael H. Martel              | Vermont State Colleges        
  [email-masked]          | Technical Support Specialist
  http://probe.vsc.edu/~michael  | PH:802-241-2535 FX:802-241-3363

---

From: Jamie Biggar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:36:48 -0500 (EST)

> 	eth0: Trying to restart the transmitter ...

Add this line to your /etc/conf.modules file, reboot, and all should be
well:

	options eepro100 multicast_filter_limit=3

The 1.0.3 eepro driver that ships with RH 5.2 doesn't support multicast
properly.

-Jamie