Subject: [netatalk-admins] Qube2 - Netatalk does NOT preserve the file creation or modification date/time stamps

From: Malcolm McLeary <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 11:08:22 +1100

Guys,

Netatalk on a Qube2 does NOT appear to preserve the file creation or
modification date/time stamps when a file is copied to a volume ... however
this seems to be dependent on the file type.  For example;

A text file called test.txt ...

Location            Creation                Modification
local disk          2 Dec 1999 9:32 am      2 Dec 1999 9:32 am
Netatalk volume     2 Dec 1999 9:32 am      2 Dec 1999 9:32 am

A Netscape bookmark called Telstra Internet - TDA ...

Location            Creation                Modification
local disk          23 Aug 1999 9:28 pm     23 Aug 1999  9:28 pm
Netatalk volume     30 Aug 1969 4:39 pm      2 Dec 1999 10:05 am

These files were simply copied to the Qube2.

Why didn't Netatalk preserve the file creation or modification date/time
stamps on the non text file?

Why was the Creation time backdated 30 years?

Has anyone seen this sort of behaviour before?
Cheers,  Malcolm

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

                       Information Alchemy Pty Ltd
                             ACN 089 239 305
                           Canberra, Australia

Malcolm McLeary                                  Phone: +61 2 6294-1240
Managing Director                                Mobile:   0412 636 086
FSA Member                                       Email:  [email-masked]

     This message was sent using Outlook Express 5.0 for Macintosh.