Subject: [netatalk-admins] kinstall on 64 bit solaris 7

From: Sung Koo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 14:07:58 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I was wondering if this problem had been solved yet. (I'm new to the
list).  When I attempt to compile and install netatalk (upto the latest
asun version) on a Ultra10 running 64bit Solaris, I get this error
message.  I'm using egcs-1.1.2 gcc.  This happens for I both the 32bit and
64 bit compiles.

add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' ddp
drvconfig: Driver (ddp) failed to attach
Warning: Driver (ddp) successfully added to system but failed to attach
make: *** [kinstall] Error 1

I've  heard Sun's native compiler will actually work, but I just don't have
it.  Of course, egcs was suppose to work too.

Thanks for the help,
Sung Koo

---

From: Tim Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 13:33:37 -0600 (MDT)

> message.  I'm using egcs-1.1.2 gcc.  This happens for I both the 32bit and

When you say the "lateset asun version" which version are you actually
talking about? netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 or a development version like
pre-asun2.1.4-16?

egcs 1.1.2 does not compile 64bit code. Only recent snapshots of egcs will
compile 64bit code. And in that case, you have to modify the flags that
you pass to the compiler.

> it.  Of course, egcs was suppose to work too.

I've been using various version of pre-asun2.1.4-xx compiled for Solaris 7
and 64bit. With Adrian's help I have been able to get most of the new
versions working. Just a slight problem with the latest -16 version but he
promises to have that fixed asap :)

Tim

Tim Carlson                                  Voice:    (505) 984-8800x255
Director of Computing: Santa Fe Institute    Fax:      (505) 982-0565
WWW: http://www.santafe.edu/~tim             Email:   [email-masked]