Subject: [netatalk-admins] Changed IP address on Linux

From: "Mark Pleasance" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 10:58:13 +1000

Hello all,

  I'm new to netatalk and Linux and have run into a problem after the IP
address of the Linux box it's running on was changed.
  Before the change of IP address client could login through the chooser and
the server would mount over IP perfectly.
  I changed the IP address of the server with 'netconf' program and
restarted. The server still appears in the chooser but it will not connect
over TCP. I looked at /var/log/messages and I see the following message :

afpd[349]: ASIP started on 192.168.3.2:548(1) (1.4b2+asun2.1.3)

That's the old IP address. I can hit the server with a web browser on the
new address, ping it, etc so TCP is working. Logins using AppleTalk only
work fine but I want the speed of IP.

How do I change that address? I've tried doing a rpm -iv --replacefiles
netatalk.....rpm assuming that it needed to be reinstalled as the IP address
was grabbed at install time but it made no difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark.