Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] custom Icon

From: "Dave Ritter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:04:17 -0700

I would really like to know where the "default" icon for netatalk is 
located...

It would be nice to update the old icon with some color. I know I can
put any icon on the volume by pasting a new icon in the "get info" box -
this is not what I want to do. On AppleShare servers (from apple) you
get a different icon depending on how you connect to the server (tcp/ip
or AppleTalk)

"Pasted" icons are subject to changes and or deletion by users, If I
could change the "built in" icon for netatalk, this would be much harder
for users to "alter"...

----------
>From: "Harry Zink/Netatalk List" <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] custom Icon
>Date: Wed, Jul 14, 1999, 10:47 AM
>

>> Could you tell how I customise my netatalk icon on the Macintosh?
>
> find an icon you like. do 'get info' on the file. copy the icon to the
> clipboard.
>
> find your netatalk server icon. do 'get info' on the file. paste the icon
> from the clipboard.
>

---

From: Palle Girgensohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 01:25:34 +0200

I seem to remeber seeing it in one of the C sourcecode files, probably
in etc/afpd, as a char[]. This makes it hard coded; easy to fix, but
somewhat tedious, I'd say ;-) I might be wrong, though.

/Palle

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:16:33 -0700 (PDT)

that's because apple cheats and recognizes some icon masks as
special. if you grab my latest snapshot and use the -I (or -noicon)
option, afpd will supply the icon bitmap that os x server uses giving
you a 3d icon. 

-a