Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk problem, too many routes/iface? (cont)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 15:52:37 -0400

a sun, [email-masked] writes:

>   Jul 26 14:25:57 m1814 atalkd[447]: zip gnireply from 1000.162 (eth0 12)
>   Jul 26 14:25:58 m1814 kernel: Too many routes/iface.
>
>didn't someone comment on this before? i think you need to upgrade
>your kernel. there was a bug earlier that limited the number of routes
>an interface could have. better yet, upgrade past linuxppc 4.1 as that
>uses some pretty old libraries.

Upgrading to LinuxPPC 5 doesn't help.  It still uses kernel 2.2.6 and has 
the same problem.  There are newer kernels, but all have various 
bugs/problems.  Kernel 2.2.10, which you mentioned in a previous message, 
is available, but has numerous keyboard/mouse limitations/problems.

We have worked around the problem by using virtual networking on our LAN. 
 All LinuxPPC machines are placed in their own subnet which has a network 
range of 10 (e.g. 110-119).

Regards,

--
Jim Hart
"He who gives up liberty for security ends up with neither." - Benjamin 
Franklin