Subject: [netatalk-admins] setdirowner

From: Lance Levsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:09:05 -0600

I am getting this error and I don't know why. Anyone recognize this?

setdirowner: chown -1/0 .AppleDouble/.Parent: Operation not permitted

afpd is running as root, the user and group in question has 
read/write/execute on the directory, permissions being my first 
thought.

Linux 2.2.13, Netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.3-4, the debian package
client:  Mac OS 8.5, Open transport 2.0.1

It seems to be related to the first delete and possibly the 
Navigation service or the Open Dialog.

-- 
Cheers,
Lance Levsen
Web Development, PW Group

---

From: Lance Levsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 16:23:35 -0600

Never mind. I was write the first time, on the wrong track. After all 
the times I've read is here . . . .
chmod g+s  was the answer, as well as the root of the environment.

SIgh. Sorry for the wasted bandwidth.