Subject: [netatalk-admins] UNIX <--> Apple

From: Julio Gonzalez-At <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:19:28 -0500

Hi there,

    I am having what must be a very simle problem but after reading
    many documents I am still not sure on how to go about solving it.

    I have netatalk running in a Solaris 2.6, Ultra 1 box.
    I connect from a MAC.

    From the desktop of the MAC I try two sets of operations.

    1) I copy Simple Text and an executable to UNIX, then bring them
    back to the MAC. This seems to work without any problems as I can
    read the text and run the executable afterwards.

    2) I copy a folder from UNIX to the MAC and then back to UNIX.
    First problem, I am allowed to copy the folder from UNIX to the MAC
    but when doing it in the reverse order (with a changed name) I get the
    error message

    The item "newfolder" cannot be written because you do not have
    access privileges.

    But, I can copy item by item. I do so and then

    a) the text file seems to have ^M characters instead of NewLine.

    b) the executable file is destroyed.

    I am very ignorant on MACs.

    thanks,

    Julio Gonzalez-At