Subject: [netatalk-admins] Printing with Solaris

From: Neil Calton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 15:25:02 +0100

Hi,
	After a long while running netatalk under SunOS , I have 
finally got around to installing netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on a 
Solaris 7 machine.

The Apple file sharing parts work fine but I am having great 
difficulty in working out
how to get my Unix printers accessible from the Macs. The man pages 
still seem to
refer to the old BSD style of printing and I have not been able to 
get anything to
print from the Macs under the Solaris print mechanism. Has anyone 
been down this
route who can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
	Neil Calton
---
Neil Calton                                       INTERNET:  [email-masked]
Information  Technology               JANET:     [email-masked]
Department                                     Tel: +44 1235 44 5740
Rutherford Appleton Lab.            Fax: +44 1235 44 5893
Chilton, Didcot, Oxon
OX11 0QX , England
URL: http://www.dci.clrc.ac.uk/Person.asp?N.B.M.Calton