Subject: [netatalk-admins] disk cache/DVD-RAM?

From: Simon Buchanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 15:48:07 +1200

RH 6.0/kernal 2.2.11 with netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-4

We have a SCSI DVD-RAM (running on the linux box) disk that is used to
tar our netatalk shared volumes onto every night for a backup.

This is great and works fine, i also share another disk during the day
to a few users that need long term storage - like fonts and things etc.

My question is:

Is there a way to increase the "disk cache" for netatalk, (i dont' know
if i have the right term here) as the DVD-RAM drive is not fast enough
to keep up with the network and when you get more than one person
writing to it its very slow.

Netatalk gets to about 12MB and then writes that to the disk, and so on.

Cheers

-- 
Simon Buchanan
Systems Administrator
New Media Communications
===================================================
[email-masked]           www.newmedia.net.nz