Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] printing authentication

From: [email-masked] (William P. McGonigle)
Date: 01 Jun 99 08:57:45 EDT

--- "Jeremy J. Reichman" wrote:
Chris, using the latest LaserWriter drivers from Apple, you should be
able to authenticate.
--- end of quote ---

Netatalk needs to support it first.  I've done a couple captures, and have seen
it passing UAM information back and forth.  I hope they publish the protocol, or
someone clever decodes it.

-Bill

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 09:39:32 -0400

> From:    [email-masked] (William P. McGonigle)
> To:      [email-masked], [email-masked]

> Netatalk needs to support it first.  I've done a couple captures, and
> have seen it passing UAM information back and forth.  I hope they
> publish the protocol, or someone clever decodes it.

The AppleShareIP 6.2 SDK has a document describing the protocol used.
It is not, sadly, the same as the protocol described in Inside
AppleTalk.  Worse, it's exactly "parallel", with various bits renamed.
In any case, it would be trivial to add it to papd.  If there's
interest, I'll do it.

:wes