Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] afpd group write privileges

From: "Harry Zink/Netatalk List" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 00:03:10 -0700

> 
> In unix, this would be easy: just change the group ownership of all of
> those files to 'webgroup', put the web-design-folks user in that group,
> and make sure everything's group writeable.
>
> How would I do the equivalent thing with afpd?

I don't get your question - since netatalk (hence afpd) runs under Linux,
wouldn't you use the exact same process you described for unix?

Harry

--
Beauty, brains, availability, personality  - pick any two.

---

From: Rich Lafferty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:08:26 -0400

> wouldn't you use the exact same process you described for unix?

What I was missing out on was a combination of "The 'sharing' dialog
in the Finder still works" and "Don't forget to setgid the directories".
All better now. :-)

  -Rich
 
-- 
------------------------------ Rich Lafferty ---------------------------
 Sysadmin/Programmer, Information and Instructional Technology Services
   Concordia University, Montreal, QC                 (514) 848-7625
------------------------- [email-masked] ----------------------