Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Samba/Unix File Management vs. Resource Forks?

From: Clemens Anhuth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 14:01:45 +0200

> The issue of Win95/98 or NT clients moving NT SFM (Services for
> Macintosh)
> and losing the resource fork is related to NTFS vs. FAT
> volumes.

it does also happen when copying files to a different name in the
same directory using win95 via windows explorer over network as
well.

so it is not only related to the udnerstandable issue of being
unable to store the forks in fat16.

---

From: Matthew Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 12:27:00 -0400

> unable to store the forks in fat16.

	This problem does not occur if the '--with-netatalk' switch is used
when configuring Samba.

-- 

          - Matthew Keller -
       Lead Programmer/Analyst
  Distributed Computing and Telemedia
State University of New York at Potsdam

Web: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/
PGP: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/crypto/