Subject: [netatalk-admins] Files are still locked

From: "Guillaume Menguy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:52:31 +0100

Hi,

env : Linux RH6.1, pre-asun2.1.4-36a.tar.gz

I'm still having the same problem : while copying a folder containing files or sub-folders, the folder is created, but the files and sub-dirs not. Only the first file is created (but invalid, containing no data). The mac gets the following error : connot copy xxxx, file locked (or something like that).
I have the same problem with older versions of netatalk, and with every macOS versions (from 7.5 to 9).

Thanks for any help.

G.Menguy

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 12:02:55 -0800

I'm still having the same problem : while copying a folder containing =
   files or sub-folders, the folder is created, but the files and sub-dirs =
   not. Only the first file is created (but invalid, containing no data). =
   The mac gets the following error : connot copy xxxx, file locked (or =
   something like that).

is this on an nfs-mounted volume? if so, netatalk's locking will
properly fail if you don't have proper lock support (or set the nolock
option). otherwise, i need to see what shows up in /var/log/messages. 

-a

---

From: Tim Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:47:54 -0700 (MST)

> option). otherwise, i need to see what shows up in /var/log/messages. 

I get the same errors with pre-36a on both an NFS mounted volume and a
local disk. 

"The item <insert folder/file name here> cannot be written becuase it is
locked. Do you want to continue"

I am unable to duplicate this error consistently. Well, I can duplicate it
with the same folder, but some other folders (rare occasion) don't give me
this problem. I am copying to a volume where I own *everything*.

Adrian: Can you remind us how to turn on debugging for afpd?

Thanks

Tim