Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Any clues?

From: Christoph Kesselmeier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 16:00:49 +0200

> I use tcpdump on the linux to see any traffic..... zero traffic..

AppleTalk is not TCP.

> dsi_init: Address already in use.....

Maybe you restarted appletalk but didn't delete the appletalk-address on the  
ethernet-interface before?
This seems to be necessary sometimes.

#!chris.

--
_____________________________________________________
Christoph Kesselmeier	 OBJECT FACTORY
(Network Engineer)		 Gesellschaft für Informatik
Tel.+49(0)23197513776	 und Datenverarbeitung mbH
Fax.+49(0)23197513799	 Otto-Hahn-Straße 18,
[email-masked] 44227 Dortmund, Germany

---

From: Nicholas Humfrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 17:50:15 +0100

Is there a way of disabling the creatation of AppleDouble files for the
resource fork of Mac files. I am developing a Macintosh interface for a
database system we have here. We do not use the resource fork for these
files becuase it is based around UNIX, however it keeps on createing
.AppleDouble directories. This is very useful for the Mac files we keep on
the server but it would be nice to be able to turn off AppleDouble on a per
share basis.

At present I have a cron script which just deletes all of these directories
but it would be nice if they were never created in the first place.

Nicholas Humfrey

---

From: Ryan Cleary <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 15:47:02 -0400

> the server but it would be nice to be able to turn off AppleDouble on a per

I've been wondering this myself.  Is there an accepted way of completely
disabling .AppleDouble directories?  Or should I just patch the code
myself to cause the -noaduble flag to completely disable appledouble
directories (as opposed to just supressing them when they aren't
needed).

--Ryan
 
_______________________________________________________________________
Ryan Cleary                                       <[email-masked]>

---

From: Benjamin Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 23:33:36 +1000 (EST)

Could someone point me in the right direction...

What is this error?

syslog -- atp_open: Cannot assign requested address

console -- bind: Cannot assign requested address

I really thought upgrading to RH 6.0 would be a good thing and then I
broke netatalk! ;-(

My atalk.conf looks like this:

eth0 -seed -phase 2 -net 26 -addr 26.10 -zone "Home"
eth1 -seed -phase 2 -net 4 -addr 4.10 -zone "Home"

pretty simple i think

Thanks all,

Ben