Subject: [netatalk-admins] AppleDouble files?

From: Bill Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:45:16 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

I've been in the process of upgrading from 1.4b2+asun2.1.0 to asun2.1.3 on
Solaris 2.6 in the hopes of solving some file corruption problems.

Everything seems to work ok (been about a week). But, suddenly it seems
like the .AppleDouble files have either become corrupt or are no longer
understood. I've been seeing a lot of type -50 and type -23 errors, if I
remove the corresponding .AppleDouble, then the errors go away.

The permissions on the .AppleDouble directories seem fine, they haven't
changed since the old version. The files in question have been files that
have not been accessed for a while, was there a change in the way the
.AppleDouble files are read/written? Or did I mis-compile something?

Other files are accessible just fine, there doesn't seem to be a pattern
involved that I have been able to find.

Checking the logfiles, I am seeing messages like this when I see a type
-50:

afpd[19905]: afp_openfork: ad_open: I/O error

In fact the file is fine and accessible.

Any ideas before I go diving back to 2.1.0?

Bill Carlson
------------
Systems Programmer    [email-masked]	|  Opinions are mine,
Virtual Hospital      http://www.vh.org/        |  not my employer's.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics	|