Subject: [netatalk-admins] Solaris question...

From: "Scott Kveton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 08:30:01 -0800

I've had this happen before and I can't remember what I did
to fix it.  Does anybody know what to do with this?

order# /etc/init.d/atalk start
starting appletalk daemons: le0: Protocol not supported
Can't configure multicast.
can't establish STREAMS plumbing, exiting.
 atalkd nbprgstr afpd.

I've got le0 specified in atalkd.conf and this is running on
Solaris 2.6.

I know its easy but its Spring Break and my mind must be
elsewhere's ... :-)

Thanx in advance,

Scott :-)

---

From: Netatalk Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:24:30 -0600 (CST)

I would make sure you have the drivers that you need for netatalk.  This
is a seperate step in the install of Solaris, so read over the Install and
README files that pertain to Solaris and SunOS.

I do not know the details off the top of my head, so you will have to read
from the source.

Otherwise, perhaps your ethernet is not set up as you think it is.  You
can always delete the netatalk file that sets up the netatalk connection
and it will create a new one for you... but once again, you will have to
read the documentation to get the exact instructions.