Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk+asun-2.1.3 startup error

From: Darron Froese <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 13:31:26 -0600 (MDT)

Howdy,

I've had netatalk+asun-2.1.3 running great on an Apple Network Server
running YDL 1.0 for a couple of months now. I've been working on
installing it on a few other machines and am running into a major problem
with atalkd - it won't start. afpd startus just fine, but I get:

starting appletalk daemons: too many routes/iface.
AppleTalk not up! Child exited with 1.
atalkdbind: Cannot assign requested address
bind: Cannot assign requested address
nbprgstr afpd.

I've tried it on 2 7300's and a 7500 with YDL 1.0. I'm running a 2.2.7
kernel with AppleTalk compiled directly into the kernel (I've tried with
it compiled as a module as well - same result).

Anyone got any ideas? I'm at a loss.

Thanks

Darron
[email-masked]
<http://i.am/darron/>
PGP Key: http://pgp.ai.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xAF31C682

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 14:43:50 +0200

>AppleTalk not up! Child exited with 1.

Try a tighter range of network numbers in your atalkd.conf.

:wq! PoC