Subject: [netatalk-admins] DU/Tru64 UNIX + NetaTalk

From: "Chris G. Sellers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 20:49:50 -0500 (EDT)

Subject: Digital Eq. Co / Compaq Digital UNIX or Tru64 UNIX and NetaTalk

Has anyone out there compiled and got NetaTalk or NetaTalk with ASUN to
work on their Tru64 or DU Alpha box?

If so - please let me know

Thanks          

<(************************************************************)>

   CHRIS G. SELLERS		
   Scientific Programmer Analyst 	
    Information & Instructional Technology 
	(formerly Computer & Information Services)
    101  Kresge Library		 		  
    Oakland University - Rochester, Michigan 48309-4401	
    Phone: (248) 370.2016    FAX: (248) 370.4251

---

From: Matthew Geier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 06:53:16 +1000

> work on their Tru64 or DU Alpha box?

 I have it running on a 4.0B box, ASIP only. (Or more correctly I have
afpd running...) NO appletalk layer for DU, so the server isnt
browseable, and isnt available to any one without AppleShareIP client
software.
 Any thing that requires AppleTalk doesnt work.

---

From: "Chris G. Sellers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 22:16:46 -0400

Matt,
	That is all I'm looking for.  AppleTalk is too much of a broadcast
anyways and causes network electronics on a large network freak out.
(like NetBEUI).  

What did you do to get it to compile??  Did you have to adjust some of
the Endian things?