Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk on IRIX

From: Georg Schwarz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 13:12:43 +0100 (MET)

I've started porting asun's netatalk 2.1.3 to IRIX this morning.
looks like I've got afpd running with AppleTalk over IP now (obviously
not tested very intensively :-))
Anybody interested?

PS: I don't think I'll be able to implement Ethertalk.
-- 
Georg Schwarz                             [email-masked]
Institut für Theoretische Physik    Tel. +49 30 314-24254, FAX -21130
Technische Universität Berlin          http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
Sekr. PN 7-1, Hardenbergstr. 36, D-10623 Berlin            IRC: kuroi

---

From: "Alex Yu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 15:57:10 -0500

Dear,

I am running Red Hat 6.1.  I am trying to compile
/usr/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3.  I have enable PAM support in
sys/linux/Makefile.

DEFS= -DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER -DSENDFILE_FLAVOR_LINUX -DUSE_PAM

Here is my error message...  Help!

make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/afpd'
gcc  -DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER -DSENDFILE_FLAVOR_LINUX -DUSE_PAM   -DUAM_RNDNU
M -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fsigned-char -Wunused -Wuninitialized -I../../in
clude   -I/usr/local/include   -DUSE_PAM -DAPPLCNAME -DUSE_PAM -DSHADOWPW  -
o afpd unix.o afs.o kuam.o send_to_kdc.o lifetime.o ofork.o main.o switch.o
auth.o volume.o directory.o file.o enumerate.o desktop.o filedir.o fork.o
appl.o gettok.o bprint.o status.o afp_options.o afp_asp.o afp_dsi.o
messages.o config.o nfsquota.o
epage.o -L../../libatalk    -L/usr/local/lib   -latalk   -ldes  -lrpcsvc -lp
am -ldl -lwrap -lpam -ldl
/usr/lib/libwrap.a(hosts_access.o): In function `host_match':
hosts_access.o(.text+0x400): undefined reference to `yp_get_default_domain'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [afpd] Error 1

Best,
Alex Yu