Subject: [netatalk-admins] How does the sun appletalk module work?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 19:27:12 -0500 (EST)

Is there a convienient explanation of how exactly the sun appletalk module
works? does it use sockets or streams? what type of klm is it? etc....
Is there any sort of summary of how it operates with solaris, etc... or
even a basic description of how to add protocols via klms where would be
the best place to look for this?

Thanks

Don Smith

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 19:56:12 -0500

> From:    [email-masked]
> To:      [email-masked]

> the best place to look for this?

There are two Sun publications, Writing Device Drivers and STREAMS
Programming Guide.  I also found the SVR4.2 STREAMS Modules and Drivers
helpful.  The man pages on Solaris (mblk, et al) are also very
helpful.  netatalk uses -lsocket, etc.  There's a little bit of
additional info you need for that, but I don't recall where it was
published.

:wes