Subject: [netatalk-admins] Unsolicited Opinion for Backup of Netatalk Servers

From: Matthew Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:35:53 -0400

I've recently implement Veritas' Backup Exec software (Backup server is
NT) (formerly owned by Seagate) (www.veritas.com). The current version
is very robust and has nice remote management capabilities. Among other
things it backs up a TON of different UNIXs. Support for various
distributions of Linux (including 5.2 and 6.0, which we are runnin
Netatalk on) is included in their 'multi-server' version. 
	This program backs up ALL Linux file perfectly (including Windows,
OS/2, Mac files residing on the server). I recommend buying the software
from Micro Warehouse (
http://www.warehouse.com/DataComm/Networking_Software/Utilities/Back_Up/
) as they have the best prices available.

	Just though I'd share..... :)

-- 

          - Matthew Keller -
       Lead Programmer/Analyst
  Distributed Computing and Telemedia
State University of New York at Potsdam

Web: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/
PGP: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/crypto/