Subject: [netatalk-admins] help with afpd message

From: Andreas Unterkircher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 19:03:35 +0200

Since 2 years we have a Linux fileserver running well. This summer we
upgraded to RedHat 6.0 an since then we often have problems with the
performance of the server. In the messages file I often recognize
messages like the following:

afpd[5292]: afp_openfork: ad_open: Input/output error

Can somebody give me an hint what this message means ? We use netatalk
1.3. Is it recommended to upgrade ?

Thanks,
Andreas

---
mailto: [email-masked]

---

From: Andreas Unterkircher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 08:18:11 +0200

> do you happen to run amd?

No, we do not run amd.

> yes, I'd do so, regardless of the above message.
> 
> 
> -- 
> Georg Schwarz                             [email-masked]
> Institut für Theoretische Physik    Tel. +49 30 314-24254, FAX -21130
> Technische Universität Berlin          http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
> Sekr. PN 7-1, Hardenbergstr. 36, D-10623 Berlin            IRC: kuroi
> 

---