Subject: [netatalk-admins] input/output error?

From: Masahiro Otsuka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 22:31:02 +0900

I have a serious problem with my netatalk server. So someone please help
me.

I upgraded 1.4b2+asun2.1.1 to 1.4b2+asun2.1.2 a few days ago. After this
upgrade many of the files on the server has lost file attribute. I mean
when any Mac clinet tries to access to the server's files they appear as
"simple text". For example I have several word documents. From mac
client I press this icon then it tries to open as simple text. I believe
I have seen this  problem after the upgrade. I checked log files and
found lots of error messages like this;

Feb 12 21:28:43 linux afpd[8852]: setfilparams: ad_open ^U\^QhO=@0:
Input/output error
Feb 12 21:28:43 linux afpd[8852]: setfilparams: ad_open NAVI:
Input/output error
Feb 12 21:28:43 linux afpd[8852]: setfilparams: ad_open WEEKSw/inMO:
Input/output error

What is input/output error?  And how can I fix this problem.

This server has Redhat Linux ver 5.2(kernel ver2.0.34).

Thanks for any information in advance.