Subject: [netatalk-admins] compile problems...

From: Casey Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 10:59:52 -0800

I'm having a bit of trouble compiling netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on a
Slackware 7.0 (2.2.13) box.  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.  Here is the output of make -linux:

>> start make output
gcc  -DSENDFILE_FLAVOR_LINUX    -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fsigned-char
-Wunused
-Wuninitialized -I../../include       -DAPPLCNAME  -o afpd unix.o afs.o
kuam.o s
end_to_kdc.o lifetime.o ofork.o main.o switch.o auth.o volume.o
directory.o file
.o enumerate.o desktop.o filedir.o fork.o appl.o gettok.o bprint.o
status.o afp_
options.o afp_asp.o afp_dsi.o messages.o config.o nfsquota.o codepage.o
-L../../
libatalk       -latalk      -lwrap
auth.o: In function `clrtxt_login':
auth.o(.text+0x60a): undefined reference to `crypt'
nfsquota.o: In function `getnfsquota':
nfsquota.o(.text+0x14b): undefined reference to `xdr_getquota_rslt'
nfsquota.o(.text+0x154): undefined reference to `xdr_getquota_args'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [afpd] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/afpd'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/afpd'
make[2]: *** [afpd] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc'
make[1]: *** [../../etc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/sys/linux'
make: *** [all] Error 2
>> end make output
-- 
=====================================================================
Casey Lewis                     email:	[email-masked]
Technology Coordinator          phone:  702.228.0222
R&R Partners                    fax:    702.228.7885
=====================================================================

---

From: Brian Bergstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:20:08 -0600

> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/sys/linux'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> >> end make output
> --

I can help you with both of your compile problems. :)

In sys/linux/Makefile change 'AFPLIBS=' to 'AFPLIBS=-lrpcsvc -lcrypt'.

The comment from the makefile:
# if you aren't using pam and are using glibc, you'll need to add -lcrypt
# if you're using libc5, you'll need to take out the -lrpcsvc

Slackware 4 was libc5 based, and therefore AFPLIBS should be null;  
but Slackware 7 is glibc based,
and does not use PAM.

Make this change, and it should compile fine.

HTH.

--
Brian Bergstrand
Systems Programmer Northern Illinois University
The box said Windows 95 or higher. So I bought a Macintosh.