Subject: [netatalk-admins] Byte-range Locking?

From: Simon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 07:10:50 +1300

Hi,

I have read that byte-range locking is not implemented (yet) in 
netatalk (1.4b2+asun2.1.2-4), one of our clients uses the Omnis7 
database system and i am trying to find out if there is any solution 
out there for this...  Does anybody know if CAP will work, has any 
one installed CAP for that matter?

Thanks

Simon Buchanan

---

From: Volker Birk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 08:32:49 +0100 (MET)

> one installed CAP for that matter?

Omnis 7 does it's locking itself - you can lock records through
platform. So it should run.

But just try.

VB.
-- 
*** ebis Informationssysteme, Germany       ***  "How do I run Crack under 
*** Gut-Betha-Platz 1, 88339 Bad Waldsee    ***   DOS/Win95? Reformat your 
*** Phone +49-7524-93421 Fax +49-7524-93423 ***   hard-drive and install
*** mailto: [email-masked]                      ***   Linux, then try again."

---

From: Simon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 08:20:55 +1300

We have - but it doesnt seem to work, one user connects fine, but 
two+ wont - omnis says something like "Unable to load database" (or 
something) i cant remember.

I got an email from omnis that said that byte-range locking needs to 
be supported????

Any idea whats going on? Any further ideas - Cheers

> platform. So it should run.

Simon Buchanan
Production Manager,
-------------------------------------------------
N e w    M e d i a    C o m m u n i c a t i o n s
[email-masked]   http://www.newmedia.co.nz/
-------------------------------------------------
[i'll start coding - you find out what they want]