Subject: [netatalk-admins] Problems patching afpd

From: Casey Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:02:31 -0700

I'm trying to apply the Mac OS 8 fix to netatalk1.4b2
After running patch I get:

Hmm...  Looks like a context diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|*** etc/afpd/file.c-   1997/08/17 00:01:46
|--- etc/afpd/file.c    1997/08/20 22:39:08
--------------------------
Patching file etc/afpd/file.c using Plan A...
(Fascinating--this is really a new-style context diff but without
the telltale extra asterisks on the *** line that usually indicate
the new style...)
Hunk #1 failed at 125.
1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to etc/afpd/file.c.rej
Hmm...  The next patch looks like a context diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|*** etc/afpd/fork.c-   1997/08/17 00:01:46
|--- etc/afpd/fork.c    1997/08/26 03:50:24
--------------------------
Patching file etc/afpd/fork.c using Plan A...
(Fascinating--this is really a new-style context diff but without
the telltale extra asterisks on the *** line that usually indicate
the new style...)
Hunk #1 failed at 95.
Hunk #2 failed at 173.
Hunk #3 failed at 323.
Hunk #4 failed at 556.
Hunk #5 failed at 650.
Hunk #6 failed at 718.
6 out of 6 hunks failed--saving rejects to etc/afpd/fork.c.rej
done

Any help with this would be appreciated.
TIA.
-- 
=====================================================================
Casey Lewis                     email:	[email-masked]
Technology Coordinator          phone:  702.228.0222
R&R Advertising                 fax:    702.228.7885
=====================================================================

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:06:59 -0700

Previously...
>The text leading up to this was:

Uh, OS version? Output of 'which patch'? And where that copy of patch
came from?

That error message reminds me of the output from Solaris' patch,
which, like Solaris' diff, is very naughty. If you're on Solaris and
running the Sun diff/patch tools, try getting the GNU versions... If
this is Linux, perhaps the patch was produced with Sun's diff... Apply
by hand, if that's the case. Don't really know what to do if you're on
*BSD, Ultrix or SunOS.
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"I will not be a snickerpuss." - Lisa

---

From: Casey Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 18:04:09 -0700

Sorry. Its Linux 2.0.29 (Slackware dist).
The patch is:    afpd-macos8.diff
from
http://www.umich.edu/~rsug/netatalk/patches/1.4b2/afpd-macos8.diff