Subject: [netatalk-admins] I need your help, working with groups !

From: "Yann Bizeul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 18:30:59 +0000

Hi all...

I have got a serious problem :

I can't make people working together with netatalk !!

I have some users referenced in the linux box, when they log with appletalk,
they type their username and password. The problem is that user1 can't work
with files created by user2, of the same group... I can't work like that,
and I need a solution, other than make everybody logging in as guest !

ie, a file created by user1 will have UID and GID of user 1, but I want it
to have another GID, the GID of group1...

I really need your help !

Thanks

---

From: Jason Tuomy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:03:00 -0800

What is the OS and hardware you are running this on?
And what version of netatalk are you using?

---

From: Hauke Fath <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 23:14:18 +0100

>to have another GID, the GID of group1...

You need to set the SETGID-Bit on the directories in question so that BSD
behaviour is enforced, i.e. newly created files get the GID of the
containing directory instead of the user's primary GID.

	hauke

--
"It's never straight up and down"     (DEVO)