Subject: [netatalk-admins] About netatalk

From: "Roberto Bouza F. - (Soporte Tecnico)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 12:36:23 +0000 (America/Caracas)

Hello...

        Hi have a lot of problems with netatalk and I don't
        know how I resolve it...

        First my atalk.conf look like this:

        hme0 -phase 2 -net 14-15 -addr 15.13 -zone "CESMa"

        and the daemons of atalkd, afpd, etc starts fine...

        When i go to the MAC (In the same net - all the machines
        are under Solaris 2.6), and I try to see the zones in the
        appeltalk configuration in the mac, it only have an other
        zones that not are in my net... are in other net on other
        departments of the university....

        Second, I can't print any file. My papd.conf look like
        this:

                        HP:\
                        :pr=/usr/ucb/lpr -Php:\
                        :op=opr:
                        Sparc:\       
 :pr=/usr/ucb/lpr -Psparc:\
                        :op=opr:

        I need all the help that you can give me...

        Thanks in advance.  
-- 
                ,/_     
               ;'._\   
              ';) \._, 
               /  /`-' 
            ~~( )/      
           *--)))----*-----------------------------------*
	  /|  \\\   /|       Roberto Bouza Fraga.       /|
	 / |       / |                                 / |
	*---------*-----------------------------------*  |
        |  |      |  | Administrador de Sistemas UNIX |  |
	|  *------|--*--------------------------------|--*
	| /       | / e-mail: [email-masked]    | /
	|/        |/          [email-masked]      |/ 
	*---------*-----------------------------------*

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 22:46:10 +0200

>        hme0 -phase 2 -net 14-15 -addr 15.13 -zone "CESMa"

Looks good. Created by you or automatically?

>        and the daemons of atalkd, afpd, etc starts fine...

Did you look in the syslog? Do they start really fine?

>        departments of the university....

First: It's a Mac, not a MAC :-)
Second: Tell us more about your network topology. Routers, Servers, all about the AppleTalk point of view.
Third: Have a look at the links on the netatalk page, it's important taht you understand the terms of a (seeding) router, network ranges and zones.
If you have a Novell 'Netware for Macintosh Install/Maintenance' book by hand, you may take this, it's an excellent reference to the AppleTalk protocol suite.

> :pr=/usr/ucb/lpr -Psparc:\

And what's the problem with printing? "It doesn't work." down noch help us much to help you.

>        I need all the help that you can give me...

We need all the information you haven't provided yet...

:wq! PoC