Subject: [netatalk-admins] Sherlock in MacOS 8.6

From: [email-masked] (Ray Zimmerman)
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 12:56:22 -0400

I don't remember seeing this mentioned here, but under MacOS 8.6 Sherlock seems to be working fine for my netatalk volume.

Sorry I don't remember the details, but wasn't there some problem with it not being able to properly manipulate the files it found?

	Ray

%~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~%~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~%
|  Ray Zimmerman ([email-masked])   | "The number you have        |
|  428-B Phillips Hall                |   dialed is imaginary.      |
|  Cornell Univ., Ithaca, NY  14853   |  Please rotate the phone    |
|  607-255-9645  Fax: 815-377-3932    |   90 degrees and try again."|
%~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~%~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~%

---

From: "Ashley Drees" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 14:02:03 +0100

In article <v04204f00b35f6234e9b9@[128.84.239.190]> , [email-masked] (Ray
Zimmerman) wrote:

> I don't remember seeing this mentioned here, but under MacOS 8.6 Sherlock
> seems to be working fine for my netatalk volume.
>
> Sorry I don't remember the details, but wasn't there some problem with it
> not being able to properly manipulate the files it found?

I think that it will not index the files on a server... I want to do
this..ASAP.. but cannot find out about it..