Subject: [netatalk-admins] KA-Share to netatalk conversion

From: Kenneth Cummins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 23:49:56 -0400

We are upgrading our fileserver, and I would like to use netatalk
instead of KA-Share.  I'm a unix admin, and didn't think about the
resource forks, but one of our power-users was sharp enough to ask about
it.  So, is there any way to convert KA-Share files to netatalk, and
maintain their resource forks?  This will be a bulk x-fer, there are WAY
too many files to do by hand.

Kenneth Cummins
System Administrator
Disney Online

---

From: Wenchi Liao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:36:16 -0500

>too many files to do by hand.

See karc(1) or kunarc(1):

     KUNARC(1)      K-AShare by Xinet (17 Jan 1998 8.7)      KUNARC(1)

     NAME
          kunarc, karc -  K-AShare
          AppleSingle/AppleDouble/BinHex/MacBinary converter

The AppleDouble described here is the one used in a/ux. I'm assuming
this is the same ApppleDouble used in netatalk. If not, the old standby
of mounting kashare and netatalk volumes and copy across.

WL