Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk printer goes offline

From: Brian C Burke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 16:40:23 -0800

I am using netatalk 1.4b2 with RedHat 5.1 linux. Printing will be working
fine and then spontaneously stop. The print files get in the queue but
don't print because lpq says (falsely) that the printer is offline.
Rebooting sometimes solves the problem and sometimes not. On the mac side
the printer does not go offline, so (I believe) this implies that the
physical connection is intact. Any  thoughts on where to start looking, or
better still what the problem might be would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

---

From: Eddie Irvine <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 10:04:27 +1100

Hi all,

Using the latest netatalk-asun port (2.1.0 I think) for FreeBSD 3.0.

We've got some Laserwriters and some new HP postscript printers
I want to spool for netatalk and samba users...

Can anyone tell me if the page-counting function in psf.c actually
works? I'm not a C programmer, but a lot of stuff has been commented
out in psf.c.

Eddie.

---

From: Stephen Boulet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 17:25:16 -0600

I'm trying to compile netatalk 1.42b on RH5.2 linux. Can someone help
with this error message?

Thanks.

  main.c: In function `main':
  main.c:255: `TIOCNOTTY' undeclared (first use this function)
  main.c:255: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
  main.c:255: for each function it appears in.)
  make[4]: *** [main.o] Error 1
  make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk-1.4b2/etc/afpd'
  make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
  make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk-1.4b2/etc/afpd'
  make[2]: *** [afpd] Error 2
  make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk-1.4b2/etc'
  make[1]: *** [../../etc] Error 2
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk-1.4b2/sys/linux'
  make: *** [all] Error 2

-- 

Stephen
spboulet at enteract dot com