Subject: [netatalk-admins] MAC OS 8.5 and higher, find files not working?

From: Mitch McNeel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:28:12 -0700

Hi all,

        I've been running netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.1 on a
Solaris 2.6 UE450 for over 3 months and have not had any
problems (knock on wood!!) until now.  My DeskTop support
people decided to upgrade all my MAC's to OS 8.5 and now
they are having issue with finding files (I guess Sherlock
is the problem) on the Netatalk Server.  Folders do show up
in a search, but not the files

        Does anyone know if their is a patch for the MAC OS
8.5 or for Netatalk that will fix this issue?  if so, where
can I get this patch?  Or do I need to upgrade to the latest
version of Netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3. (I really don't want to
upgrade, since I've not currently had any problems with the
2.0a18.1 version.)...????

Thanks in advance,
Mitch

---

From: "Harry Zink/Netatalk List" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 11:40:25 -0700

> My DeskTop support

This is a known problem with the earlier version of netatalk that you are
running.

> Or do I need to upgrade to the latest

Yes, you will need to upgrade, since upgrading to 2.1.3 addressed this issue
for me, and I'm now able to search netatalk volumes.

Harry