Subject: [netatalk-admins] 8.5 and double afpd processes

From: "Scott R. Every" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 15:14:55 -0500

I have noticed that when I connect to netatalk(2.1.0, 2.1.1, or 2.2.1pre8)
I get 2 processes for each of my system 8.5 users.  Note the following:
scott    27875  0.0  0.5   980   720  ?  S   15:08   0:00 /usr/local/atalk/etc/a
fpd -c 20
scott    27877  1.1  0.5   996   760  ?  S   15:08   0:02 /usr/local/atalk/etc/a
fpd -c 20

Now with older systems there is only 1 process per user.

Is this the correct behavior?
Can someonw explain why?

tia

s

--
Scott R. Every        "Everything is controlled by a small evil group to 
 EMJ Internet          which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs."
 voice : 1-800-548-2319  fax : 1-919-363-4423  mailto:[email-masked]
 WWW - http://www.emji.net   

Do you believe in Macintosh? Learn how to help the cause by 
subscribing to the "EvangeList" listserver! Send email to:
<[email-masked]> or go to: 
<http://www.lists.apple.com/>