Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk problem, too many routes/iface? (cont)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 14:52:49 -0400

Here is the actual log entry:

Jul 26 14:25:45 m1814 kernel: NET4: AppleTalk 0.18 for Linux NET4.0
Jul 26 14:25:56 m1814 atalkd[447]: restart (1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2)
Jul 26 14:25:57 m1814 atalkd[447]: zip_getnetinfo for eth0
Jul 26 14:25:57 m1814 atalkd[447]: rtmp_packet interface mismatch
Jul 26 14:25:57 m1814 atalkd[447]: zip gnireply from 1000.162 (eth0 12)
Jul 26 14:25:58 m1814 kernel: Too many routes/iface.
Jul 26 14:25:58 m1814 atalkd[447]: setifaddr: eth0: Invalid argument
Jul 26 14:25:59 m1814 papd[458]: restart (1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2)
Jul 26 14:25:59 m1814 afpd[467]: main: atp_open: Cannot assign requested 
address
Jul 26 14:25:59 m1814 afpd[467]: ASIP started on 134.181.128.227:548(1) 
(1.4b2+a
sun2.0a18.2)

Again, this is running LinuxPPC v4.1.

The atalkd.conf contains just the one line "eth0", per Adrian's advice.  
There is only one Ethernet interface in the machine.  This is happening 
on all machines on which I've installed LinuxPPC v4.1, including an iMac, 
a PowerMac 7250 and a PowerMac 7350.

I noticed that our Intel Linux machines are running AppleTalk 0.17 with 
netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.x.  Could it be a problem between the versions?  
If so, how hard would it be to get the latest source and "re-port" it?  
I'm surprised that the LinuxPPC folks would distribute something which 
isn't working correctly.  Posting this same message back, on 7/12, to the 
LinuxPPC list has generated no responses.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Jim Hart
"He who gives up liberty for security ends up with neither." - Benjamin 
Franklin

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 13:51:53 -0700 (PDT)

didn't someone comment on this before? i think you need to upgrade
your kernel. there was a bug earlier that limited the number of routes
an interface could have. better yet, upgrade past linuxppc 4.1 as that
uses some pretty old libraries.

-a