Subject: [netatalk-admins] File transfer from NT to Linux

From: "Guillaume Menguy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:42:25 +0100

Hi,

Another problem today. I'm still trying to migrate our file server (NT) on
Linux + Netatalk.
The problem is moving the files. Because of the macs strange filenames, a PC
(or the NT server itself) cannot process the copy. When I try to move the
files with a mac, I get "File xxx locked" errors and the copy stops. And
building a big archive and uncompressing it on the Linux Box loses all the
file properties, every file is seen has a simple text file.
Any idea ?

Thanks,

G.Menguy

---

From: Stefan Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:54:14 +0100

Guillaume Menguy wrote:

> files with a mac, I get "File xxx locked" errors and the copy stops.

Just for kicks, I tried to copy a mac file from an NT volume to  a Linux
Netatalk
volume, using my Mac. I didn´t get any errors. Could you describe in detail
what
happens when?
Stefan