Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] getting ever closer

From: "Harry Zink/Netatalk List" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 20:30:35 -0700

> Is this printer code overhaul going to make it easier for integrating pap
> and lpr together and getting things like remote lpr to work over pap
> through the unix side, e.g. :rm=192.168.1.31:
> I know lpr spooling works with the Mac LaserPrinter 8 driver, but it is
> just too slow. Plus more administrative possibilites are possible if it
> can be done through the netatalk/unix side.

Who cares about all that - I'm just happy if we can use pap to print simple
binary files, and have an easier way to use ppd files (like be able to
automatically use Win or Mac formatted PPDs. )

Harry

---

From: Matthew Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 09:00:59 -0400

> automatically use Win or Mac formatted PPDs. )

	Lots of people do. There is no harm in feature requests, lets not
create harm because of them.

-- 

          - Matthew Keller -
       Lead Programmer/Analyst
  Distributed Computing and Telemedia
State University of New York at Potsdam

Web: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/
PGP: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/crypto/