Subject: [netatalk-admins] another snapshot available

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 11:18:13 -0700 (PDT)

hello all,

i've been moving some of the defines to be uname-specific. i would
like the following bit of information:
    1) which of the *bsd's support sendfile, and which versions of
       those do so? does solaris have an equivalent?

    2) does someone have any idea why solaris craps out with pam? as a
       workaround, i'll disable the session management stuff on
       solaris if necessary. however, i'd really like to get this
       working. 

    3) if someone has access to an ultrix machine, i'd like to fix
       things so that netatalk compiles on that. i've got useful info
       from both sunos and solaris folks that have improved compiles
       on those platforms, but i haven't gotten anything for
       ultrix. basically, i need to know information on ultrix'
       dynamic library loader.

anyways, the latest snapshot is available. it still has global
Makefile stuff that you need to comment out, but it should require
fewer sys Makefile modifications. uname, however, is pretty limited in
the amount of information it can give me, so library/compiler
differences can cause problems.

-a