Subject: [netatalk-admins] Copying files from one server to another

From: "Chris G. Sellers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:20:48 -0500 (EST)

HI,
	I setup a Netatalk server to on Linux.  I created a file share in
the afpd.conf file and all seems to be working fine.  

I'm trying to copy files (archives and stuff) from one server to another.
The files are actually OS updates, Netscape.bin, QuicktimeInstaller, and
things like that.  It's a campus file server.  

When I copy files like BetterTelnet.fat.sit.hqx  it copies fine.  when I
copy Comm_complete.bin I get an error -50.  What I notice is that the
Comm* files are installer or SEA files and the others are  Stuffit files.
(i.e. if the files have no icon or the stuffit icon, they copy, but if
they have the icon for an instller (like Netscape does) I get the error
-50).  I get the error sometimes a few meg into the copy, and other times
all the way at the end.

Any ideas??

I used the Red Hat RPM.  I have used this same RPM on other servers and it
works fine!!

<(************************************************************)>

   CHRIS G. SELLERS		
   Scientific Programmer Analyst 	
    Information & Instructional Technology 
	(formerly Computer & Information Services)
    101  Kresge Library		 		  
    Oakland University - Rochester, Michigan 48309-4401	
    Phone: (248) 370.2016    FAX: (248) 370.4251