Subject: [netatalk-admins] stability???

From: Netatalk Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 12:09:08 -0600 (CST)

Is the current version of netatalk stable?

The reason I am asking is because yesterday I installed it on the sparc
here and it has dropped one session from a Mac already.  With the freebsd
machine, current version of netatalk, it has dropped sessions as well.

Connections are dying and I do not know why?  I would like to look into it
in more detail than I have, but I do not have a lot of time to deal with
it and am not sure I would be able to find the problem should there be
one.

So, is anyone having a similar problem?  Does the mounted drive every just
drop?  Were you actively working with a remote file or application when it
happened or were you idle?

Also there is some whackiness going on when I am viewing files on the
Sparc (sunos 5).  There is a file, which is a symlink to another file in
the same directory (thisfile.pl -> thisfile.txt) but they seem to jump
around while I am viewing them.  The txt file changes to pl and back and
forth.  Strange.  I am guessing it is an bug, not a feature. ;-P

Your responses and help is always appreciated,

Brennan Stehling - supposed former internet junky

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:46:46 -0800 (PST)

make sure you have the latest versions of the appleshare client and
the os as well. if you have the energy saver on, try to fiddle with it
to see if that helps.

umm, don't do that right now. links currently get assigned the same
file id. as file ids have to be unique, the finder gets a little
confused as a result.

-a

---

From: Hannu Krosing <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 22:40:56 +0200

> Is the current version of netatalk stable?

There seems to be 2 "current" versions, the original and 
the one with asun patches 

thare latter can be found at 

ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/pub/user-supported/asun/

For me the latest versions of netatalk-asun have 
been quite stable.

--------------------
Hannu