Subject: [netatalk-admins] Multiple file access wiht Netatalk

From: samuel Lellouche <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:38:27 +0000 (GMT)

Hi.

This question might have been already asked.

I set up a netatalk server 1.4b (the asun version), but i have trouble when
people want to edit/view the same file at the same time.

On our old server (Apple share 4.1) Word (by example) says that the file is
already opened by someone else and opens automaticly a copy. Same for
excel. In Office 98 it also proposes to open it on read only and notice
when the file is available in read/write mode.

On our new NetBSD netatalk server, there is no way to open the file that is
already opened by somone else. We have to make a copy and to open the copy
to view the file.

Does our probleme come from ther file Server?
In this Case:
Is there a way to configure Netatalk in order that it acts like Apple Share
and lets people open file already opened, in read only mode?

We also experienced this probleme: Sometimes a file that noone iss working
on, can not be open by anyone; Excel says that it can't open the file
inread only mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx
Sam  
   
EPITA.