Subject: [netatalk-admins] Forcing Login?

From: Kathleen Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 11:08:35 -0500

Is there a way to force a group of Macs to require users to logon to a server
and automatically mount their home page?

 -- 
-----
Kathleen Weaver

---

From: Andrew Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 20:27:39 -0700 (PDT)

> and automatically mount their home page?

Yes.  We have tested a program called MacLogin which will do exactly that.
We hope to implement it in a computer lab setting shortly.  Another
promising program is MacNetLogon.  It is similar to MacLogin, but it is
actively under development.  MacLogin is no longer supportted by the
author.

	Andy

---

From: Jonathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 14:53:34 +1000

>actively under development.  MacLogin is no longer supportted by the

There is a package called John's Lab Pack which provides a simple 
workaround to force a login.  Can't remember the URL for his page but 
the package is a) free and b) very cute.

Jonathan.
---
Jonathan Elliott
Technical Officer
Faculty of Arts, University of Tasmania
Ph. +61 3 6226 2060 Fax c/- +61 3 6226 7842

"Apple Computer - we might not have got everything right but at least 
we knew that the century would end."
				- Douglas Adams

---

From: "Michael Mercier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 11:15:07 -0600

Here is the URL for John's Lab Pack.

http://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/labpak/labtools.html

Mike