Subject: [netatalk-admins] afp_addicon problems... BIG problems !!

From: "Yann Bizeul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 12:51:44 +0000

Hi all...

I've got a big problem :

Take a look at the /var/log/message part below. The restart entry is the
moment when I rebooted the server...

The problem is that after a while, the server as no video, no network
services up, I can't restart it with Ctrl-Alt-suppr. Is is JUST powered...

What are thes afp_addicon there ? where permissions are missing ?

I absolutely need your help guys !

Thanks

Mar 12 09:03:19 serveur afpd[1954]: login eric (uid 512, gid 514)
Mar 12 09:03:21 serveur afpd[1953]: atp_rresp: Connection timed out
Mar 12 09:03:31 serveur afpd[1953]: afp_die: asp_shutdown: Connection timed
out
Mar 12 09:03:31 serveur afpd[1953]: 0.04KB read, 0.00KB written
Mar 12 09:03:31 serveur afpd[317]: server_child[0] 1953 done
Mar 12 09:06:10 serveur afpd[1954]: afp_addicon: Permission denied
Mar 12 09:06:10 serveur last message repeated 55 times
Mar 12 09:07:03 serveur afpd[1955]: session from 65280.7:250 on
65280.101:133
Mar 12 09:07:03 serveur PAM_pwdb[1955]: (netatalk) session opened for user
eric
by (uid=0)
Mar 12 09:07:03 serveur afpd[1955]: login eric (uid 512, gid 514)
Mar 12 09:07:22 serveur afpd[1954]: afp_addicon: Permission denied
Mar 12 09:07:22 serveur last message repeated 55 times
Mar 12 09:08:34 serveur last message repeated 56 times
Mar 12 09:09:46 serveur last message repeated 56 times
Mar 12 09:10:58 serveur last message repeated 56 times
Mar 12 09:11:53 serveur last message repeated 56 times
Mar 12 09:11:54 serveur afpd[1956]: session from 41201.162:250 on
65280.101:135
Mar 12 09:12:05 serveur afpd[1956]: atp_rresp: Connection timed out
Mar 12 09:12:15 serveur afpd[1956]: afp_die: asp_shutdown: Connection timed
out
Mar 12 09:12:15 serveur afpd[1956]: 0.04KB read, 0.00KB written
Mar 12 09:12:15 serveur afpd[317]: server_child[0] 1956 done
Mar 12 09:12:53 serveur afpd[1954]: afp_addicon: Permission denied
Mar 12 09:12:53 serveur last message repeated 55 times
Mar 12 09:13:53 serveur afpd[1954]: main: asp_getrequest: -2
Mar 12 09:13:55 serveur afpd[1954]: afp_addicon: Permission denied
Mar 12 09:14:36 serveur last message repeated 56 times
Mar 12 09:15:17 serveur last message repeated 111 times
Mar 12 09:16:00 serveur last message repeated 56 times
Mar 12 09:17:30 serveur last message repeated 112 times
Mar 12 09:17:44 serveur afpd[1864]: afp_addicon: Permission denied
Mar 12 10:05:56 serveur syslogd 1.3-3: restart.

---

From: Benjamin Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:21:38 -0600

>Mar 12 09:07:22 serveur afpd[1954]: afp_addicon: Permission denied

My guess is that there's something wrong with the permissions on 
.AppleDesktop or one of its subdirectories.  Take a look at the 
.AppleDesktop directory inside whichever server volume was being accessed 
at the time.

--Benjamin Gilbert