Subject: [netatalk-admins] Odd netatalk problems

From: Les Barstow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:29:06 -0500

I'm hoping someone on this list can give me some help on a couple of
questions.  I am using netatalk-1.4b2 on Solaris 2.5.1 (with three
patches listed on the patch archive), compiled under gcc 2.7.2.3.
We use netatalk mostly for print connectivity to our Sparcs.

1) Every so often, the system will hang during installation (I have
built
a Sun package stream with a postinstall to add the appropriate config
lines and the driver...).  The installation otherwise appears complete,
so I am assuming it is hanging during the driver install.

Will the newer DDP driver included in the +asun patches solve problems
like this?

2) Yesterday, during testing, one of our systems developed a curious
problem:  Print queues would be advertised to the Macs, but would
disappear within 10 minutes, and any attempt to send a print job would
cause the Mac to report that the printer was no longer on the network.
It doesn't happen on any of our other, identically-built machines - any
ideas?

TIA,

Les Barstow
System Administrator
ENTIRE/UFO Systems, AHT Companies
[email-masked]