Subject: [netatalk-admins] Error -50

From: "Andrew J. Hutton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:39:12 -0400 (EDT)

Upgraded to netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 by rpm on Red Hat 6.0, system was
running Red Hat 4.1 and a much older version (and working)

Now many files are inaccessible from the Macintosh systems.  The error
that shows up in syslogd is:

Jun 28 21:25:10 manuel afpd[7926]: login ys (uid 502, gid 502)
Jun 28 21:26:30 manuel afpd[7925]: afp_openfork: ad_open: Input/output
error

On the Mac side it simply gives an error -50

It is very important that we get this server fixed as quickly as possible.

It did run for 480 days prior to this without a hiccup.  Insight would be
very much appreciated.  Nothing in the docs/faq seems to talk about this
particular issue.  It is of course probably just some simple problem.

Thanks.

--
Achilles - Linux Support, Pre-Installed Workstations & Servers
Sponsor & Host of the Ottawa Linux Symposium, July 22-24th, 1999
http://www.ottawalinuxsymposium.org/ for more information.