Subject: [netatalk-admins] is it getting cold in here?

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 18:01:20 -0700 (PDT)

hi all,

i've made available pre-asun2.1.4-26.tar.gz. please grab it and try it
on as many platforms as possible. *after editing* the global Makefile
to suit your needs, tell me if it compiles and works for your
non-linux system. in particular, info on the *bsd systems and ultrix
are needed. if it fails, tell me where. if you can get it to crash, i
would really like to hear from you.

what's in this snapshot:
       1) more miscellaneous bugfixes
       2) i added prototypes for all of libatalk and afpd. 
       3) even more automated stuff. now, netatalk should 
          auto-mkdir/link the appropriate directories/links. i also
          got rid of the need to manually define
          -DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER. 

so, the only things that aren't auto-defined are the things that you
need to run through test programs to figure out and the stuff in the
global Makefile. again, the "release" version will have most of the
options turned off. 

now that that's over, here's what i would like:
       1) any miscellaneous patches that you would like to get
          incorporated. send them to me in unified diff format (diff
          -u3 is a good one) so that i can interpret them.

       2) either patches for the kerberos uam or specs for it. 

       3) if someone wants to be in charge of man page improvements, i
          would appreciate it. afppasswd, afpd, and afpd.conf need
          info on them. stefan?

       4) if you have an rpm spec for netatalk, i would like to see it
          so that i can create some merged thing.

       5) any diffs for the solaris STREAMS driver and papd. wes?

       6) if you're on a solaris machine, let me know if the pam stuff
          works. if it does, let me know if it still works with the
          #ifndef SOLARIS bits taken out of uam_*pam.c. if it does
          work, i'll turn it on for solaris 2.6/7 machines. 

       7) if you're on a sys/generic machine (currently irix, aix, and
          digital unix/Tru64), let me know if it works with the
          supplied flags. if not, tell me what flags need to be
          changed. 

i will probably fiddle a little bit more with the error responses for
the authentication methods. however, i'd really like to solidify this
release rapidly as it's preventing me from starting on some major
changes designed to make afpd suitable for multiple reader/writer use.

-a

---

From: Scott Kveton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 07:46:21 -0700 (PDT)

I seem to recall problems making netatalk work on 64-bit
Solaris 7 ... is this still the case?

When I do a make kinstall I get:

/usr/ucb/install -c ddp.conf /usr/kernel/drv/ddp.conf
add_drv -m '* 0666 root sys' ddp
drvconfig: Driver (ddp) failed to attach
Warning: Driver (ddp) successfully added to system but failed to attach
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `kinstall'
Current working directory
/private/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.4/sys/solaris

Anything anyone could tell me would be appreciated,

Scott :-)

---

From: Tim Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 08:51:46 -0600 (MDT)

> Solaris 7 ... is this still the case?

No problems at all if you are using Suns Workshop compiler v 5.0
I haven't tried working with an egcs snapshot that will do 64bit.. EGCS
claims that 64bit for Solaris is still quite a ways off.. You really need
to compile netatalk with the Sun compilers.. You can download the Sun
compilers for a 30 day trial from www.sun.com/workshop

Tim

Tim Carlson                                  Voice:    (505) 984-8800x255
Director of Computing: Santa Fe Institute    Fax:      (505) 982-0565
WWW: http://www.santafe.edu/~tim             Email:   [email-masked]

---

From: Guillaume du Manoir <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 18:02:13 +0200

Hello,

I have problems with a LWSelect 300, shared from a mac on an ethernet
network :

./nbplkup 
....
                      LaserNet7:LWSelect300        65280.1:251
....

 ./aecho LaserNet7:LWSelect300
14 bytes from 65280.1: aep_seq=0. time=1. ms
14 bytes from 65280.1: aep_seq=1. time=1. ms
14 bytes from 65280.1: aep_seq=2. time=1. ms
14 bytes from 65280.1: aep_seq=3. time=1. ms

----65280.1 AEP Statistics----
4 packets sent, 4 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip (ms)  min/avg/max = 1/1/1

 ./papstatus -p lasernet7:LWSelect300
atp_rresp: Connection timed out

Do you know why there is this timeout ?

Thank you in advance,
Guillaume

PS : the config files :
(laserbde is working well (it is a LaserWriter II))

/etc/printcap :
# REMOTE Laserjet

laserbde:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/laserbde:\
        :rp=laserbde:\
        :lp=/dev/null:\
        :of=/usr/local/atalk/etc/filters/ofpap:\
        :if=/usr/local/atalk/etc/filters/ifpap:\
        :tf=/usr/local/atalk/etc/filters/tfpap:\
        :df=/usr/local/atalk/etc/filters/dfpap:

/usr/local/atalk/etc/papd.conf: empty

--
Guillaume du Manoir - 1A Info a l'ENSEEIHT Toulouse
[email-masked]