Subject: [netatalk-admins] File transfert from NT to Linux

From: "Guillaume Menguy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:12:01 +0100

That's exactly what I'm trying to do.
When I try to copy a full folder, it works for some files, but it stops for
a given file with the following warning :
"The item xxxx cannot be written because it is locked. Do you want to
continue ?"
And chosing to continue or to cancel always abort the copy.
Trying the same thing on an other mac, sometimes work, sometimes not. And
when a full folder copy abort on a particular file, copying this file alone
sometimes work.
Copying the files from the NT server localy works, but copying them to the
Linux give the same error. And the filenames concerned are not particulary
stranges.
Does this help ?

Guillaume

> Guillaume Menguy wrote:
>
> > The problem is moving the files. Because of the macs strange filenames,
a PC
> > (or the NT server itself) cannot process the copy. When I try to move
the
> > files with a mac, I get "File xxx locked" errors and the copy stops.
>
> Just for kicks, I tried to copy a mac file from an NT volume to  a Linux
> Netatalk
> volume, using my Mac. I didn´t get any errors. Could you describe in
detail
> what
> happens when?
> Stefan