Subject: [netatalk-admins] International Support

From: Les Barstow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 13:28:19 -0500

I am currently using netatalk-1.4b2 with the afpd-bfree, macos8, and
solariseagain patches compiled using gcc-2.7.2.3 under Solaris 2.5.1
at several client sites.

A client in Taiwan, using MacOS 8.1T (Taiwan locale?) is reporting his
Macintosh crashing when sending print jobs (I have set up papd.conf
with a script which extracts a file name and then sends to lp...).

He reports the following console errors:
> > papd[xxxx]: select: Interrupt System Call
> > papd[xxxx]:  Child 8320 exited with 1

Is this potentially a localization support issue?  I don't have this
problem on any other machines to date.  Or is it perhaps the MacOS
version?

Separately, I have also been seeing the following:

> > papd [xxxx]: get ppdent: line too long

I have the Adobe HP5si PPD on my Solaris box, with UNIX line
termination (and Text transfers compiled off.)  Do I have to
translate these files to Macintosh line endings now that I
re-compiled without Text translation?

Thanks in Advance,
Les Barstow
[email-masked]