Subject: [netatalk-admins] My First Question - Newbie Stuff

From: Jonathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:06:42 +1000

Hi,

I was just wondering if/why quotas slow down Netatalk so badly.  A 
huge degradation of performance was experienced using the latest 
netatalk+asun package once quotas were turned on.  This was 
regardless of whether the user had unlimited space or not.

I recompiled the kernel to enable quotas and had huge problems. 
After recompiling with quotas off, file transfers were extremely fast.

What gives?

Jonathan.
---
Jonathan Elliott
Technical Officer
Faculty of Arts, University of Tasmania
Ph. +61 3 6226 2060 Fax c/- +61 3 6226 7842

"Apple Computer - we might not have got everything right but at least 
we knew that the century would end."
				- Douglas Adams