Subject: [netatalk-admins] Help:No Such file or Directory?!

From: "Eric L. Santelices" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 08:28:24 -0400

I running freebsd 2.2.7 and Mac OS 8.6, and a Postscript NEC Printer (95f).

when I try to print I get

darwin papd[210]: lp_init: lock: No such file or directory
darwin papd[210]: lp_open fialed

Does anyone know whay may be causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Eric L. Santelices
macPublic, Inc.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
            macPublic, Inc. 305-232-8756 -=- Fax: 305-259-7576
       Sunshine Online Service: 305-259-7520 -=- TCP/IP: bbs.gcm.org
http://www.sunshine.com = http://www.macPublic.com = http://www.hail.net
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 09:23:24 -0700

I can't seem to get rid of my dancing icons!

I still get dancing icons using netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-2 installed from
on the 2.0.36
kernel using Appleshare client 3.7.4 or 3.8.1 over 100Mb ethernet. Any
fixes available?
<------------------------------------------------------------->
| Erik Ohlin   mailto:[email-masked]   (760)438-8933 |
| Pacific Color http://www.pacificcolor.com fax:(760)438-8414 |
|    1916 Palomar Oaks Way, Suite 100, Carlsbad, CA  92008    |
<------------------------------------------------------------->
If quitters never win, and winners never quit, 
what fool came up with, "Quit while you're ahead?"

---

From: Lasse Lehtinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 00:12:58 +0300

>I can't seem to get rid of my dancing icons!

I've have experienced the 'dancing icons' bug also, but only with NT4's own 
SFM. It has occurred a couple of times and recreating the volumes/their 
indexes has solved the problem. I haven't seen the problem during the tests
with netatalk, but probably the same solution works for netatalk. Try 
restarting the atdp deamon, that should probably do it. This is a temporary 
solution, so someone should really investigate it and apply the fix to the
next 
version of netatalk.. You can find information about this problem on
Macwindows, 
maybe someone can figure out what's wrong. I bet it has something to do with 
those indexes. Oh, the URL was:

http://www.macwindows.com/NTunsolv.html#indexing 

--
Lasse Lehtinen <[email-masked]>

---

From: Erik Ohlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 14:26:51 -0700

My dancing icons appear _after_ the directory loads, and persists forever
until one or more files is removed from that window. 

Now, as far as links go, does this include mount points of devices, or
directories in those mounts? Here are my fstab and AppleVolumes.default:
#fstab
/dev/rd/c0d0p1  /mnt/mylex      ext2     exec,dev,suid,rw 1 1
#AppleVolumes.default
/mnt/mylex/production_c production_c

There are no symbolic or hard links on /mnt/mylex/ . This IS a large volume
(120GB)...

At Friday, 12:10 PM 6/4/99, you wrote:
>in my patchset, the only easy way of getting dancing icons is to have
>links to the same files. is that the case? the cure: just don't do it
>for now. in the future, that will get fixed.
>
>-a
>

---