Subject: [netatalk-admins] Space char in the extension -> file type

From: Palle Girgensohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 02:25:44 +0100

Hi!

I have discovered a very small problem, but still: PDF documents can be
of type 'TEXT' or 'PDF '. The PDF is with a space at the end; how can I
put this into the AppleVolumes.system file (for extension -> file type
mapping)?

I.e.:

.pdf    PDF     CARO

It doesn't work as expected; the files are still facecless.

This is with netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2. Maybe it has been fixed, or
maybe there's a work around. I guess putting TEXT instead will work? Oh
well... I said is was a small problem... :)

/Palle

---

From: Rob Newberry <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 21:28:49 -0500 (EST)

Do this:

.pdf	"PFF "	CARO