Subject: [netatalk-admins] another snapshot

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:29:42 -0700 (PDT)

hello all,

please give this snapshot a whirl. it conditionally includes a number
of system libraries now depending upon whether or not they exist in
/usr/lib or /lib.  in addition, uam support should work on more
platforms. oh yeah, i would like to know what versions of the *bsds
have sendfile support.

-a

---

From: Erik Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 14:12:38 -0600

mmm. good stuff on netbsd 1.4 with -DDLSYM_PREPEND_UNDERSCORE.
well, cleartext works, anyways. doesn't die like 2.1.3 did.
only uam_clrtxt.so and uam_guest.so load, tho.

I don't know what sendfile is, but I'd be happy to check if you tell me how :)

---

From: Vadim Chekan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 10:25:29 +0300

> >platforms. oh yeah, i would like to know what versions of the *bsds

from FreeBSD-3.2 man sendfile:
HISTORY
     sendfile() first appeared in FreeBSD 3.0.1

If trust to 
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?manpath=FreeBSD+3.1-RELEASE
other bsds havent got sendfile() :(

Vadim Chekan.

---

From: chuck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 13:02:33 -0700

FreeBSD has it in the ports collection (you must compile it).
OpenBSD doesn't appear to have it.
NetBSD and BSDi, I dunno.

---

From: chuck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 13:17:42 -0700

Let me clarify:

> FreeBSD has it in the ports collection (you must compile it).
FreeBSD 2.2.7 has it in ports.

The routine seems to exist in 3.1 FreeBSD

> OpenBSD doesn't appear to have it.
That includes 2.4, and 2.5-current as of May 28

---

From: Erik Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 14:40:21 -0600

>NetBSD and BSDi, I dunno.
NetBSD doesn't have it. it's not in the packages tree, either.