Subject: [netatalk-admins] can't copy from mac to netatalk

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 08:07:52 +1000 (EST)

I have been running netatalk (netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.1) happily for
months.  I have had to change the ip address and subnet mask of the
Sun Ultra I run it on (Solaris 2.5.1).  Since then the macs can
connect and can copy files from the Sun, but they cannot copy to the
Sun.  Attempts to do so seem to produce this in /var/adm/messages:

Jun 10 11:29:59 blonda afpd[2378]: atp_rresp: Connection timed out
Jun 10 11:30:09 blonda afpd[2378]: afp_die: asp_shutdown: Connection timed out
Jun 10 11:31:24 blonda afpd[2380]: atp_rresp: Connection timed out
Jun 10 11:31:29 blonda afpd[2379]: atp_rresp: Connection timed out
Jun 10 11:31:34 blonda afpd[2380]: afp_die: asp_shutdown: Connection timed out
Jun 10 11:34:29 blonda afpd[2381]: atp_rresp: Connection timed out

The new netmask is 255.255.252.0.  I have only put the name of the
interface in afpd.conf (hme0), but I've noticed that various info gets 
added to this automatically, so I've reset it back to just having the
name of the interface.  This didn't help.  The Macs are on the same
network with the same subnet mask.  

Any suggestions?
Ta Andrew.