Subject: [netatalk-admins] Make failed - Solaris 2.5.1

From: Tim Rand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 14:34:59 -0600

In trying to make   netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.2   it failed:

 >gcc -p -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS -I../../sys/solaris -O -I../../include
 -DTCPWRAP -c
 > dsi_tcp.c
 >dsi_tcp.c:26: tcpd.h: No such file or directory
 >*** Error code 1
 >make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `dsi_tcp.o'
 >Current working directory
 /export/home/tim/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.2/libatalk/dsi

A find on tcpd.h turns up nothing.

---

From: "David S." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:46:22 -0800 (PST)

> A find on tcpd.h turns up nothing.

If you don't have 'tcp wrappers' on your system, or don't want to build support 
for them into 'netatalk', you need to comment out the line that begins 
"TCWRAPDIR =" in the the top-level Makefile.

However, I'd recommend that you get and install 'tcp wrappers'.  The software is 
available many places on the net.

David S.