Subject: [netatalk-admins] Guest Access?

From: Jeremy Kemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 21:22:43 -0600 (CST)

Help! I'm trying to setup a public read-only share, and I'm almost (but
not quite) lost. I enabled guest in /etc/atalk/config, and I put in a path
for guest access in the AppleVolumes.default, but when I try to connect it
says that "The Server "X" cannot be found." What am I missing here? I'm
running netatalk 1.3 that came installed on Yellow Dog Linux 1.1 (a port
from RH 6.0 to PPC). Thanks!

Jeremy Kemp
<[email-masked]>

One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman
Empire was that, lacking zero, they had no way
to indicate successful termination of their C programs. 
-- Robert Firth

---

From: anil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 09:21:07 -0600

my AppleVolume.default syas

~ do not delete this line
/home/kandy    "public"

permission on the directory

/home/kandy    drwxrwxrwt

thats it.

---

From: Jeremy Kemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 12:41:04 -0600 (CST)

I already have this, and it still isn't working. Instead, I am assaulted
with this error:

	The server "BioServe" cannot be found.

	The server may be unavailable, or your computer may not
	be connected to the network. Check your network
	connection and try again.

However, I CAN connect through authenticated accounts that I have set up.
Anybody else have any ideas? Thanks!