Subject: [netatalk-admins] Compile errors with kernel 2.2.13?

From: "William J. Brinkman II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 17:46:10 -0500

Okay, newbie question number 2. I used to be able to build things that
use libwrap. I upgraded my Linux kernel on my RedHat 6.1 system to
2.2.13, and now nothing that uses libwrap will build. (See example
output below.) 

Since I am having trouble with afpd disconnecting me when I try to
access my OS 8 CD over netatalk, I thought I would build debug, and try
to see what is going on. But I can't build! Bleh. Anyone have ideas? I
have rebuilt and re-installed libwrap, and updated to the Rawhide
version of libc6, kernel-headers, kernel-source, etc.

Thanks a lot! Sorry if these are silly questions, but I am new to all
but the most basic aspects of Linux/UNIX programming.

--

gcc  -DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER   -DUAM_RNDNUM -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
-fsigned-char -Wunused -Wuninitialized -I../../include  
-I/usr/local/include   -DUSE_PAM -DAPPLCNAME  -o afpd unix.o afs.o
kuam.o send_to_kdc.o lifetime.o ofork.o main.o switch.o auth.o volume.o
directory.o file.o enumerate.o desktop.o filedir.o fork.o appl.o
gettok.o bprint.o status.o afp_options.o afp_asp.o afp_dsi.o messages.o
config.o nfsquota.o codepage.o -L../../libatalk    -L/usr/local/lib  
-latalk   -ldes  -lrpcsvc -lwrap -lpam -ldl 
/usr/lib/libwrap.a(hosts_access.o): In function `host_match':
hosts_access.o(.text+0x400): undefined reference to
`yp_get_default_domain'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

-- 
William "Bo" Brinkman                         [email-masked]
Princeton Computer Science        http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~brinkman
-- 
You can hurt yourself if you run with scissors. 
  --Microsoft Word tip of the day

---

From: "William J. Brinkman II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 08:31:44 -0500

Anything that uses tcp_wrappers

netatalk-1.4b2_asun2.1.3 
pre-asun2.1.4-36a.tar.gz

I get the exact same errors when  I try to build the icecast server with
tcp_wrappers.

Lars wrote:
> 
> on 23:46 07.12.99 , William J. Brinkman II wrote ">"
> 
> William,
> Exactly what version (of netatalk) are you using / trying to compile?
> 
> regards,
> Lars
> 
> ---
> netpage wiesbaden
> tel 0611.9812042
> http://www.netpage.de

-- 
William "Bo" Brinkman                         [email-masked]
Princeton Computer Science        http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~brinkman
-- 
A fool with a spreadsheet is still a fool. --Paul Abrahams

---

From: Lars <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 11:19:26 +0100

William,
>have rebuilt and re-installed libwrap, and updated to the Rawhide
Exactly what version (of netatalk) are you using / trying to compile? I had 
probs a few weeks back (please review the list).

regards,
Lars

---
netpage wiesbaden
tel 0611.9812042
http://www.netpage.de