Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] partition size limit?

From: "Harry Zink/Netatalk List" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 19:48:00 -0700

> It's a Mac issue.  WinNT will also report a smaller "available" size to
> help integer overruns on the Mac.

No, it's *NOT* a Mac issue.

Win NT has been showing less space, simply to stay compatible with older
version fo Mac OS, and also because larger network volume support will be in
NT5/Win2000 (long time to wait for tha, I'm sure).

AppleShare servers properly indicate larger disk partition sizes.

... and, last but not least, the netatalk servers I run have no problem
letting my clients show authentic volume size (up to 15 gigs, which is the
largest volume I have shared).

So, this is deifnitely NOT a Mac issue - it was  aMac issue on pre-OS 8
systems, but not any more.

Harry

---

From: Volker Birk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:19:45 +0200

> systems, but not any more.

I agree. I share a 90GB volume with netatalk/Linux. No problems with Macs
with OS8.1 and OS8.51.

VB.
-- 
*** ebis Informationssysteme, Germany       ***
*** Gut-Betha-Platz 1, 88339 Bad Waldsee    ***
*** Phone +49-7524-93421 Fax +49-7524-93423 ***
*** mailto: [email-masked]                      ***