Subject: [netatalk-admins] hello; help

From: Curtis Fulton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 19:21:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone!  I just joined the list.  My apologies if this question
has been asked 5 million times already.

Here's the deal:

Installed pre-compiled binaries of netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.1.

Everything works fine, but there's a few options I want to compile
in, such as PAM and shadow passwords.

So I obtained the source of netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3.

The source compiles.  But now when I try to start atalkd I get the error
"AppleTalk not up!"  Unloading and loading the appletalk module doesn't
help.  I've tried using the atalkd.conf from my old binaries and using the
default provided the source.  No luck.  I figure it has to be a compile
option because the pre-compiled binaries still work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Curtis Fulton

                             --------------------------------------
                                                      Curtis Fulton
                                              Systems Administrator
                                               University of Oregon
                             School of Journalism and Communication
                                          [email-masked]
                                                       541-346-3142

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 18:37:08 +0200

At 19:21 Uhr -0700 02.06.1999, Curtis Fulton wrote:

>"AppleTalk not up!"

Tell us what you see in the syslog.

Hey, Adrian, don't you think it's a good idea to mention syslog in this error message?

:wq! PoC

---

From: Curtis Fulton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 13:43:28 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry for not mentioning this:  there is nothing in any of the logs
because atalkd and afpd crash before writing to the logs.  I am
getting core dumps, however.

Curtis Fulton

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Patrik Schindler wrote:

> Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 18:37:08 +0200
> From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] hello; help
>

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 00:50:36 +0200

>getting core dumps, however.

Ah, this is much more information than you delivered before.
Unfortunately, I've no idea.

:wq! PoC