Subject: [netatalk-admins] FreeBSD & quotas & disk sizes

From: Jaime Kikpole <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 14:01:44 -0500 (EST)

I think that the ClarisWorks error that I mentioned in a previous email is 
caused by the fact that the volume is over 26GB large.  Is there a way to 
either (1) have the volume size reported via AFP be equal to the user's quota 
or (2) report only 2GB if it is larger than 2GB and the real size if its less 
than 2GB?  If you could even direct me to the place in the source code to find 
these things, I'd appreciate it.

							Thanks in advance,
							Jaime Kikpole

--
Network Administrator
Cairo-Durham Central School District

---

From: Andrew Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:27:30 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Jaime Kikpole wrote:

> 	I think that the ClarisWorks error that I mentioned in a
> previous email is caused by the fact that the volume is over 26GB large. 
> Is there a way to either (1) have the volume size reported via AFP be
> equal to the user's quota or (2) report only 2GB if it is larger than
> 2GB and the real size if its less than 2GB?  If you could even direct me
> to the place in the source code to find these things, I'd appreciate it. 

There is an option for the AppleVolumes.default file in pre-asun2.1.4-36a.
I don't know if it is present in older versions:

# limitsize           -> limit disk size reporting to 2GB. this is
#                        here for older macintoshes using newer
#                        appleshare clients. yucko.
#

	Andy

---

From: eirvine <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 21:42:47 +1100

Its one particular *early* version of claris works 4.0
that can't cope with the larger volume sizes. I've been
through all of this at work. Noting to do with netatalk!