Subject: [netatalk-admins] invalid socket solved

From: Jan CSERNOCH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 21:27:58 +0200

Thanks for all the suggestions. I recompiled the kernel now with
Appletalk DDP not in module, but included. Somehow it wouldn't start the
service with Appletalk compiled as module. Strange, because the other
modules get loaded when needed, so modules are working in general.

Now I have some other questions. The /etc/atalk/config is not part of my
version anymore. Did it disappear from the latest version or was it just
left out. It doesn't seem to use it anymore.

Is there a way that I can copy files from the server to the Mac clients.
I mean how can I reach the Macs from Linux?

Thanks
Janos Csernoch
sysadmin of multigraph.com

---

From: Randy Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 17:08:48 -0500

> modules get loaded when needed, so modules are working in general.

In Suse there is a file /etc/conf.modules, towards the bottom there is the
alias for the appletalk module.
# alias net-pf-5    appletalk
if it is commited out the kerneld wont load your module.

Ran