Subject: [netatalk-admins] make install

From: Paul Wolstenholme <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 12:15:58 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

I'm having difficulties installing netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on FreeBSD
stable 3.1.  When I try "make install" It fails with the following error
message:

install -m 644 maccode.* /usr/local/etc/nls 
install: maccode.*: No such file or directory
 *** Error code 71

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I have bungled here? I have done
a search for maccode.* files and I don't have any on the
system.  

/Paul

---

From: Stefan Bethke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 23:12:22 +0100

> install: maccode.*: No such file or directory

Ths is probably due to make install'ing for the second time.  Go to
etc/afpd/nls and make all and run the binary produced (can't quite remember
the name, but ist obvious). Then a top-level install should work again.

Thanks for remembering me to finally commit the port for asun-2.1.3. It
should appear on your favourite CVSup mirror anytime soon. Alternatively,
go and fetch it from http://www.freebsd.org/~stb/netatalk-asun.tar.gz

As always, feel free to report any problems to me.

Cheers,
Stefan

--
Mühlendamm 12           |  Voice +49-40-256848, +49-177-3504009
D-22089 Hamburg         |  e-mail: [email-masked]
Germany                 |          [email-masked]