Subject: [netatalk-admins] Solution to zones in papd

From: "J. A. Landamore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 11:37:59 +0000 (GMT)

Many thanks to those few people who responed to my cry for help about setting 
the zone for papd.  In summary (although I don't know why as these mails aren't 
archived):

The printer name is set in papd.conf, as per the man page, however the man page 
implies that it can be defined in nbp format; i.e. name:type@zone.  This fails 
because : is the field seperator for the parser of papd.conf (termcap).  
Therefore the printer can only be specified as name@zone.  The next problem was 
that our zone name has spaces in it.  Everywhere else under netatalk I needed to 
enclose the name in " " to escape the spaces, in papd you mustn't use " " , 
again the termcap parser.
So printer@zone name:pr=lp works
printer:LaserWriter@zone name, printer@"zone name" etc don't.

Anyway at last we seem to be getting somewhere.

Thanks again

John Landamore			| Please re-install Universe |
Sys. Admin.			| and reboot                 |
				|                            |
e-mail:				|     Hogfather              |
[email-masked]	|   Terry Pratchett          |

Phone: 	+44 (0)116 2523410
Fax: 	+44 (0)116 2523604

---

From: Benjamin Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 23:04:19 -0600

At 11/12/99 5:37 AM, J. A. Landamore ([email-masked]) wrote:

>In summary (although I don't know why as these mails aren't 
>archived):

<ftp://terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu/unix/netatalk/
netatalk-admins.mail>.  If you call a 6-meg mbox an archive.

--Benjamin Gilbert