Subject: [netatalk-admins] byte-locks.. desperate client.

From: Simon Buchanan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 13:53:07 +1300

Any word on where this is at?

A client uses a Omnis database system and would like to move all the
atalk stuff over to the linux box (currently he has a spereate low-end
mac just for the database file and a linux netatalk
(netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-4) box for all the rest).

I have tryed the latest snap-shot without joy (pre-asun2.1.4-35). - when
trying to load up the database file this is what happens :

Oct  3 13:13:07 nethost2 afpd[8274]: login noauth
Oct  3 13:13:07 nethost2 afpd[8274]: login nobody (uid 99, gid 99)
Oct  3 13:13:45 nethost2 afpd[8266]: server_child[1] 8274 killed
Oct  3 13:14:04 nethost2 afpd[8269]: dsi_stream_read(-1): Connection
reset by peer
Oct  3 13:14:04 nethost2 afpd[8269]: dsi_stream_write: Broken pipe
Oct  3 13:14:04 nethost2 afpd[8269]: dsi_stream_write: Broken pipe
Oct  3 13:14:04 nethost2 afpd[8269]: 0.46KB read, 0.23KB written
Oct  3 13:14:04 nethost2 afpd[8266]: server_child[1] 8269 exited 1

Does any one know what is happening here?

-- 
Simon Buchanan   -   Technical Design and Administration
--------------- New Media Communications ---------------
mailto:[email-masked]  http://www.newmedia.net.nz
------------------- MS* >> /dev/null -------------------