Subject: [netatalk-admins] Linux 2.2.8 & Netatalk close but ...

From: [email-masked] (Coutts, Ashe)
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 17:09:48 -0700

I'm running RedHat 5.2, kernel 2.2.8 with the netatalk-
1.4b2+asun2.1.0-5.rpm and am using the January 1998 Linux 
Journal article as my guide.  All 'seems' as its working, i.e. the 
atalkd.conf lists my zones and names correctly and I 'see' the 
computer in the Mac's chooser but when I attempt to log in as a 
known user (name:"samba" - pw:"rumba") the chooser waits for 
awhile and then tells me the connection has been dropped by the 
server or some such. Also, the samba/rumba combo is one of the 
combinations I used to get samba up and functioning so the sambe 
user has it home directory at /home/samba.  In the 
AppleVolumes.system file I entered a line for this directory: 
"/home/samba   Samba" but do not see the .AppleDesktop and 
.Appledouble files there as mentioned in the LJ article. 
So what please am I missing or don't have set up correctly. Thanks 
in advance for the help -- Ashe Coutts

  "We're all here because we're not all there."

Ashe Coutts ([email-masked])
805.963-4338 Ext 300
Fax 805.884.1557