Subject: [netatalk-admins] afpd compiling probs

From: [email-masked] (Roland Wong)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 14:43:02 -0500

netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.1, linux kernel 2.0.33, distribution is based on redhat
(it's the PTF dist for Mklinux (runs on powermacs))

i wrote a few weeks ago... here's the error i get when i do a make:
unix.o: In function `getfsquota':
unix.o(.text+0x20c): undefined reference to `quotactl'
unix.o: In function `getquota':
unix.o(.text+0x330): undefined reference to `getnfsquota'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

i'm really quite at a loss for what to do now.  someone (i'm sorry i can't
identify you--i hosed my mail when i switched from macos to linux) helpfully
suggested i turn off quota support, or make sure quota libs are installed.  i
don't know how to do either (but it looks like quota

i looked at the unix.c file in etc/afpd/ and if NEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER is
defined, the function quotactl is defined.  so i edited the DEFS tag in
sys/linux/Makefile to be -DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER, -NEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER,
even NEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER.  no go.

the other error seems to be coming from the system not being __svr4__, BSD4_4,
nor ultrix.  getnfsquota is defined between #ifdef statements, so i'm assuming
that if the system on which afpd is being compiled is svr4, ultrix, or bsd it
would define it properly.

help?

 --
Jordan McGrath Case & Partners
212/463-1235