Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk development funding

From: Dave Ritter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 19:12:57 -0700

Great news!

After a long talk with my employer, my company is considering funding
development work on netatalk to fix the "alias" issue. We have access to a
few programmers. What will we need to work on this? Any suggestions? Shall
we continue on netatalk work "in progress"? Are there notes somewhere that a
programmer could use for direction?

--Dave

----------------

This one issue may force me to ditch all Netatalk use in our company, I will
not be happy putting Netware in place of Linux and Netatalk. I wish I had
the knowledge to help fix this problem.

Oh, please please please please continue work on making persistent
DID's!  I (well, my company, not me) really needs that desperately, and
as quickly as possible.  We keep hitting things were netatalk "isn't
quite the same as MacOS" with those DID's. It would make life an order
of magnitude more enjoyable.  Is this limited by the lack of file
locking for ext2, or are you waiting on some other separate db support?
(we might be able to fool around with the lock stuff from GFS, if it's a
lock manager you need)

Thanks,
Tom