Subject: [netatalk-admins] IT WORKS!

From: John Barry <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 15:14:56 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

Call me "stupid" but the reason it refused to work was that I hadn't checked
to make sure I had a valid atalkd.conf (oops! :)

It was still in a dubious state from my previous round of experiments, and it
doesn't get installed by default like everything else.

So, the problem, for me at least is that the plumb() function inside atalkd
need to be told explicitly which ethernet interface to use in config.c

# /etc/init.d/atalk stop
stopping appletalk daemons: papd afpd atalkd.
# /etc/init.d/atalk start
starting appletalk daemons:  atalkd nbprgstr papd afpd.

No errors, huzzah!

Many thanks in this are due to Grizz, who by sending me his working install,
caused me to forget trying to hack the kernel driver and look elsewhere, not
to mention the right question at the right time. 

A thousand thsnk you's to all who replied.

Now I've just the usual configuration headches to look forward too :)

later
jb