Subject: [netatalk-admins] SUMMARY - rebuild server vol desktop

From: Leo Wierzbowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 09:08:12 -0400

I received two responses which referred me to the same mac-based
utility: Desktop Rebuilder from Dayna Communications Inc. (now out of
business).  I tried it out and it seems to work fine.  I think the ideal
solution would be a cron'd app periodically running on Linux (e.g.,
daily) that would rebuild the desktop files.  Maybe I'll work on that
someday.

--

Sincerely,
Leo Wierzbowski

http://grove.ufl.edu/~leo/

"The Alliance is purely defensive in purpose: none of its
 weapons will ever be used except in self-defence ..."
 (NATO New Strategic Concept, Nov 1991,
 http://www.vm.ee/nato/docu/comm/c911107a.htm)

 "The University of Florida does not endorse or
 disendorse the content of this document.
 Everything is the author's private opinion."