Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Solaris 2.6/FDDI problem

From: [email-masked] (William P. McGonigle)
Date: 01 Jun 99 08:55:37 EDT

--- Victoria Grace Landgraf wrote:
  I'm running netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 with Solaris 2.6 on an ultra 450
with a SunFDDI/P adapter
--- end of quote ---

I'm told using the TokenTalk code instead of the EtherTalk code will enable
proper functioning on FDDI.  It might have to do with the length field.  I
haven't tried hacking it yet.

-Bill

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 09:31:58 -0400

> From:    [email-masked] (William P. McGonigle)
> To:      [email-masked], [email-masked]

> haven't tried hacking it yet.

I doubt that's the problem.  FDDITalk, as it's called, is supposed to
use the same multicast values as EtherTalk.  Also, she's receiving the
multicast RTMP routing data packets.  I imagine the problem is that
she's using a posix compliant FDDI driver, and since the Solaris kernel
driver doesn't support the "I'm going to send broadcasts" ioctl(), it's
unwilling to send atalkd's ZIP GetNetInfo request.

I'm working on an update with that in mind.

:wes