Subject: [netatalk-admins] Newbie Questions - Zones and Share Points

From: Jonathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:57:39 +1000

Hi all,

After some considerable difficulty, I managed to get Netatalk running 
on my FreeBSD box (3.1-RELEASE).  Problem is, I am having difficulty 
getting the server to appear in the correct Zone(s).

I have tried an atalkd.conf file that looks something like this:

xl0 -phase 2 -net 125-125 -zone "MyZone"

...Where MyZone is the name of the zone in which I would like the 
server to appear.

I've also tried:

xl0 -phase 2 -net 125 -addr 125.170 -zone "MyZone" -zone 
"AnotherZone" -zone "YetAnotherZone" -zone "StillMoreZones" -zone 
"AZoneAgain"

The server still appears in the network's default zone.

---

OK, the other problem is this - after logging onto the server, users 
get their home directories by default.  How does Netatalk make this 
its default behaviour and how can it be replaced and/or augmented 
with a list of share points determined by me.  Is it done in 
afpd.conf?  If so, where should afpd.conf be placed in order for this 
to work?

Please help, or I'll be forced to install CAP which will not make me 
particularly happy.

Jonathan.
---
Jonathan Elliott
Technical Officer
Faculty of Arts, University of Tasmania
Ph. +61 3 6226 2060 Fax c/- +61 3 6226 7842

"Apple Computer - we might not have got everything right but at least 
we knew that the century would end."
				- Douglas Adams