Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk and Kerberos

From: Nathan Willard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 17:08:08 -0400 (EDT)

I've been trying to install netatalk1.4b2+asun213 on a Sparc20 running Solaris
2.6. We applied Umich's kerberos patches.

The compile fails on the following error:

make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/share/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/afpd'
gcc -D__svr4__ -DSOLARIS -I../../sys/solaris -I/usr/include/kerberos  -DKRB  -O
-I../../include  -I/usr//include    -DUSE_PAM -DAPPLCNAME  -o afpd unix.o afs.o
kuam.o send_to_kdc.o lifetime.o ofork.o main.o switch.o auth.o volume.o
directory.o file.o enumerate.o desktop.o filedir.o fork.o appl.o gettok.o
bprint.o status.o afp_options.o afp_asp.o afp_dsi.o messages.o config.o
nfsquota.o codepage.o -L../../libatalk  -L/usr//lib     -latalk  -lkrb -ldes
-lsocket -lnsl -lrpcsvc  -lpam -ldl 
Undefined first referenced
 symbol                             in file
eval_client                         ../../libatalk/libatalk.a(dsi_tcp.o)
request_init                        ../../libatalk/libatalk.a(dsi_tcp.o)
sock_host                           ../../libatalk/libatalk.a(dsi_tcp.o)
hosts_access                        ../../libatalk/libatalk.a(dsi_tcp.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to afpd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [afpd] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/afpd'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/afpd'
make[2]: *** [afpd] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc'
make[1]: *** [../../etc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/share/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/sys/solaris'
make: *** [all] Error 2

We've done an extensive search for eval_client, and can't even figure out where
netatalk thinks it's supposed to be, no any place where it might be hiding....

Any idea what could be causing this error? 

Cheers,
Nathan

 __________/| Nathan "Radar" Willard MC '00     | "A Sucking Chest Wound is
(_|__|_____\|________      PO Box 203927        |   nature's way of telling 
     |_|_____________)- New Haven, CT 06520     |     you to slow down."