Subject: [netatalk-admins] netbsd1.4 and 2.1.4-pre 29

From: Erik Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:45:48 -0600

Everything seems to be good. compiled well, etc.
except, fairly often when a user is browsing any of the
drives, every icon disappears on the entire share.  

the only way I know of to fix the problem is to just
disconnect and reconnect the share.

---

From: [email-masked] (Takehide Nomura)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 21:55:28 +0900

I installed pre-asun2.1.4-29 on NetBSD 1.4 running on Centris 660AV.

> Everything seems to be good. compiled well, etc.

I think so, too.:-)

I commented out CRYPTODIR, DESDIR, TCPWRAPDIR, PAMDIR and CRACKDIR
in main Makefile.
Also, I had to commented out "-I/usr/include/kerberosIV" of CC
entry in sys/netbsd/Makefile since internatinal distribution of
NetBSD does not include KerberosIV.

I checked afpd breifly using 2 client.  It worked fine!  However,
when one client opened a file which had already been opened by
the other, no warning message appears.  Probably I had to add
-DUSE_FLOCK_LOCKS.

Regards,
Takehide Nomura