Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk & Sherlock?

From: Harry Zink <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 09:30:23 -0800

While I understand that the current version of netatalk has not addressed 
the problem with Apple's Sherlock search engine, I was just wondering if:

* a solution to his problem is known?
* any idea when it will/might be implemented?

Thanks,

Harry

---

From: PayPC System Mail Subscriber <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 11:53:11 +1000

Harry Zink said in [netatalk-admins] netatalk & Sherlock? at 28/Feb/1999 
(Sun) 03:30:23.

> * any idea when it will/might be implemented?

Actually, Sherlock is broken on more than just Netatalk volumes.  I don't 
know what the hell Apple's done to it, but it seems to only work on locally 
mounted HFS/HFS+ volumes ONLY.  Locally mounted CD-ROM (ISO9660) volumes are 
also dysfunctional with Sherlock. (It finds the files, but then says they're 
missing when you try to find WHERE they are).

Apple's done something really bad with Sherlock...  I strongly suspect the 
problems are Apple's, not netatalk's.

Use Symantec's File Find - it's fast, and it works with everything.

=R=