Subject: [netatalk-admins] options:limitsize not working

From: Benjamin Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 20:28:14 -0600

Has anyone gotten options:limitsize (in AppleVolumes.default) to work in 
asun2.1.4-pre36a?  I added it to the config for our primary netatalk 
volume in order to work around some broken Mac software, and nothing 
happened -- the free-space number displayed on the Macs remained around 7 
GB.  Other configuration changes on the same config line (options:ro, and 
so on) do work, so afpd is successfully reading the file.  No error 
messages in the log or anything -- the option just doesn't seem to take.

Anyone else seen this?

Red Hat Linux (Intel) 6.0, kernel 2.2.13, Mac clients from 7.5.3 to 8.6.

--Benjamin Gilbert

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 18:46:38 -0800

AFP has two ways of getting the amount of disk space free. one way
uses a 32-bit number while the other uses a 64-bit one. limitsize only
influences the 32-bit one under the assumption that anything that's
going to use the 64-bit one already has dealt with overflow
issues. are the old broken programs still broken? if so, i'll restrict
the 64-bit number as well.

-a