Subject: [netatalk-admins] ifpap and extended character sets

From: Duclos Darie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 15:52:16 +0100

Hi,
	I've finally managed to get netatalk and lprng working
together to print stuff out to my LaserWriters from a Sun printer
server. However, I realize that ifpap doesn't support the extended
character set. Being in Switzerland (and particularly in Freiburg
where people live in french and in german), this is a big handicap.
	Before I installed netatalk, I printed to the LaserWriters
through CAP. Now, papif from CAP *does* do extended character sets.
Howcome ifpap doesn't? Does someone know of another filter that
does pap and extended character sets? I don't want to use CAP for
various reasons, one of which is that I have never been able to 
compile it to work on Solaris 2.6+. I'm still using a version 
compiled under 2.4 now and I don't like to rely on something I
can't reinstall.

This has been a rather frustrating week. I'd be awfully grateful
to come in to work to some good news on Monday. Thanks for your
help.

===============================================================
Darie Duclos
Systems Manager                      "All my life I've wanted
Institut d'Informatique               to be somebody, it's
Universite de Fribourg                only now I see I should
[email-masked]                 have been more specific."
tel: +41 26 300 83 42
fax: +41 26 300 96 42                           -- Lily Tomlin
===============================================================