Subject: [netatalk-admins] sharing a laserwriter to windows?

From: Mike Holling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:12:16 -0800 (PST)

I'm sure this has been covered before, but maybe some better answers have
cropped up in the meantime.  I have a LaserWriter IINTX on a localtalk
network, bridged to ethertalk by an SE/30 running LocalTalk Bridge.  This
works fine for the macs on ethernet.  There's also windows and NT machines
on the LAN, along with several unix boxes.  One of the windows machines
has Miramar's PC-MacLAN software installed.  This machine can print to the
printer, but will only share it over AppleTalk (makes sense, the Miramar
people probably don't want you to use a single copy of their software to
make the printer available to the entire LAN).  Are there any free
solutions available?  Is there a PAP client in the works for netatalk?

- Mike

---

From: Magnus Stenman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:13:21 +0100

There is both a papd server and a pap client.
They both come with the standard distribution.

I use samba->lpd->pap so my PC users can print to the
ethertalk printers.