Subject: [netatalk-admins] "Disk is full." errors in ClarisWorks 4

From: Jaime Kikpole <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:21:59 -0500 (EST)

I'm a major fan of NetATalk and have used it for a few years now.  The 
school district that I work for is handing email, web serving, and file serving 
accounts to the students now.  So we put together a really nice RAID-5 system 
with FreeBSD 3.3-Release and netatalk 1.4b2 with the asun 2.1.3 patches.  
Things were working great until....

	If users try to drag-copy in files, its fine.  If they use "Save" from 
within ClarisWorks 5.0, it works fine.  But using "Save" from within 
ClarisWorks 4.0 will cause a modal dialog box with the phrase "Disk is full." 
in it.  I configured syslogd.conf to put all messages from afpd.log into /var/
log/afpd.log, but there was nothing in there that helped.  It didn't even log 
an attempt to save the file.

	Any ideas?  Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.  If I can't pull 
this off, I don't know if I can convince the staff to let me keep using Unix 
based servers.  :(

							Thanks in advance,
							Jaime

--
Network Administrator
Cairo-Durham Central School District

---

From: Benjamin Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 22:50:41 -0600

At 11/19/99 10:21 AM, Jaime Kikpole ([email-masked]) wrote:
>[...] RAID-5 system with FreeBSD 3.3-Release and netatalk 1.4b2 with the
>asun 2.1.3 patches.  [...]
>ClarisWorks 4.0 will cause a modal dialog box with the phrase "Disk is 
>full." in it.  I configured syslogd.conf to put all messages from
>afpd.log into /var/log/afpd.log, but there was nothing in there that
>helped.  It didn't even log an attempt to save the file.

I can confirm.  CW 4.0, netatalk+asun2.1.3, Red Hat Linux 6.0.  Didn't 
happen under asun2.1.1, I believe.

Try upgrading the AppleShare client on the Macs to the 3.8-series.  For 
some reason, this worked for us.

OTOH, if you figure out what's going on, let me know.  Some of the Macs 
here are out of my control, and their SA doesn't seem eager to upgrade 
the AppleShare clients...

--Benjamin Gilbert