Subject: [netatalk-admins] as_timer error messages

From: "Brian E. Bothwell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:49:06 -0500 (CDT)

I have been getting literally thousands of these error message in my log
files the past week:

Oct 24 11:11:56 gonzo atalkd[766]: as_timer can't get zone for 48480
Oct 24 11:14:36 gonzo atalkd[766]: as_timer can't get zone for 15818
Oct 24 11:15:36 gonzo atalkd[766]: as_timer can't get zone for 15332
Oct 24 11:17:56 gonzo atalkd[766]: as_timer can't get zone for 12994
Oct 24 11:18:06 gonzo atalkd[766]: as_timer can't get zone for 13025
etc...

I am on a routed network that has hundreds of Appletalk zones (a large
university), and I have read somewhere that these error messages indicate
some sort of Appletalk routing problem, but the network admin of our
gateway router can't find anything wrong and thinks it must just be
netatalk.  However a few of my Mac users have complained of Appletalk
problems as well so I still suspect a routing problem.

Anyone have ideas on what the problem is?

Thanks,

-Brian

--------------
Brian Bothwell                             [email-masked]
System & Network Administrator             http://www.wisdomtools.com       
WisdomTools, Inc.                          812-856-4200 #7
--------------