Subject: [netatalk-admins] multiple logins

From: Wagner One <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:01:00 -0600

Various Appletalk clients and mac OS's + latest pre netatalk release 
(though it has always been a problem to a degree with any client and 
netatalk release)...

I've been having problems with multiple logins. Sometimes they work and 
sometimes they don't. I generally use my netatalk machine as a server to 
house my administration tools and typically need access to it on several 
machines at once.

Many times I get odd messages from the 2nd or higher client trying to 
attach to the netatalk server with the same login. Sometimes I can have 
many machines using the same login.

Is there a variable I can set somewhere that defines how many 
simultaneous logins an account can have at any given time?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Mike Wagner - A bad Dead show is better than a good day at work...
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

---

From: Netatalk Admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:52:08 -0600 (CST)

I have a Unix machine running Netatalk+asun (FreeBSD 3.0) and also have
another machine, a Sun Netra, mounted via NFS.

I have done so because I would like to mount the other Sun and 2 SGI
machines via NFS and use the FreeBSD machine as an appleshare gateway.
But I am finding that once I try to dig into the mounted drives from a Mac
via AppleShare, it locks up and dies.

Is it not possible to network these filesystems in such a way?  Is there a
way to stablize this setup?

Any help is appreciated.

Brennan Stehling - netatalk user/admin