Subject: [netatalk-admins] Re: AppleTalk multi-homing

From: [email-masked] (Chris Ferebee, Ferebee)
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 13:21:57 +0200

On Fre, 7. Mai 1999, 20:31:55 Uhr GMT a sun wrote:

>i take it that you mean that you want the appletalk stuff to work, but
>you don't want to route appletalk between interfaces. ya sure, you
>betcha. i just added the few necessary bits in. it'll be available via
>the -dontroute flag.

Hmm, that sounds exciting. :-)  Two questions on this:

- Is it possible to disable routing for some interfaces but not for others?
- When routing is disabled, do attached machines see a network with no router,
or do they see a router that has no other networks attached?

Sincerely,
Chris Ferebee

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 10:37:41 -0700 (PDT)

that's the idea. i don't really have a setup to test it, so i'm not
sure if i got all of the routing places though.

   - When routing is disabled, do attached machines see a network with
   no router, or do they see a router that has no other networks
   attached?

they see a network with no router. actually, there could be a router,
but it won't be the machine with the -dontroute flags set.

-a