Subject: [netatalk-admins] linux install prob

From: Andreas Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 10:27:08 +0200

Dear list,

after compiling netatalk under linux (SuSE 6.1, kernel 2.2.5,
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3) I want to test it an type:

        /sbin/init.d/atalk start

while I get 

        #/etc/rc.d/init.d/atalk.init:/etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: No
such        
        file or directory

which comes from the first line of my /sbin/init.d/atalk, which looks in
/etc/rc.d/init.d where defenitely no "functions" reside :(.

What am I doing wrong? 

Regards and thanks in advance

        -andreas

---

From: Craig A Summerhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 01:34:43 -0400 (EDT)

> /etc/rc.d/init.d where defenitely no "functions" reside :(.

Andreas, 

To the best of my knowledge, the 'functions' definition is a Red Hat
Linux peculiarity.  Within the functions file/script, there are 
several routines defined including daemon, killproc, and status which
are employed universally in init scripts to start or stop a process.

Take a look at the functions file I have attached.
-- 

   Craig A. Summerhill, Systems Coordinator and Program Officer
   Coalition for Networked Information
   21 Dupont Circle, N.W., Washington, D.C.   20036
   Internet: [email-masked]   AT&Tnet (202) 296-5098