Subject: [netatalk-admins] compilation problems

From: Andreas Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 00:24:18 +0200

I have problems compiling netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 under SuSE linux 6.1.

I took the shipped Makefile, turned of PAMDIR and DESDIR lines by
commenting out and typed "make".

It compiles for a while and aborts with the following output:

auth.o: In function `clrtxt_login':
auth.o(.text+0x74a): undefined reference to `crypt'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [afpd] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/afpd'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc/afpd'
make[2]: *** [afpd] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/etc'
make[1]: *** [../../etc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3/sys/linux'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Does anyone know, what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

	andreas

---

From: Chip <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 17:10:26 -0400 (EDT)

Try going into the Makefile in sys/linux and adding -lcrypt to the
linker flags.  netatalk wants those libraries, but the linker must be
explicitly told to go get them.

-Chip