Subject: [netatalk-admins] Re: RE: [netatalk-damins] Problems with netatalk

From: [email-masked] (Charlie Chrisman)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 20:09:12 -0500

the shell everyone uses is /bin/bash and its in the /etc/shells file.  also,
the server doesn't show up in chooser or network browser on the mac side,
but we can enter in the server ip number and connect.  does that have
anything to do with the authentication problems?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Michael Mercier
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 1999 3:11 AM
To: Charlie Chrisman; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Problem with netatalk

One thing you might want to check is that you have the shell in the
/etc/shells file.
For example:
If your user use /bin/bash as their login shell make sure that it is listed
in the /etc/shells file.

Mike