Subject: [netatalk-admins] snapshot available

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 15:10:34 -0700 (PDT)

i've just put my latest development snapshot on my ftp site. it has
the following features:
    1) plug-in uams. i had to change the interface a little to get
       #2 working. note: the kerberos authentication bits are
       currently non-functional. 
    2) almost complete os x server support. the only thing that's
       currently missing is atalkd. note: os x server needs
       /usr/include/at and /usr/include/h from the darwin source tree.  
    3) the experimental -dontroute flag for atalkd. let me know if it
       works. 
    4) renaming directories should hopefully work across filesystems
       now.

doing #2 was actually useful as a means of abstracting netatalk's
socket-based ddp interface to something a little more generic. if
there's a desire to port netatalk to a different ddp interface, you
should just need to fiddle with libatalk/netddp. it still needs a few
more bits for atalkd.

-a

---

From: Rick Zeman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 20:06:54 -0400

On 5/12/99 6:10 PM, a sun <[email-masked]> said:

>    1) plug-in uams.

Coincidentally, I happened to grab it not knowing about it.  

Won't compile:

make[5]: 'uam_pam.so' is up to date
gcc -shared -o uam_passw.so uam_passwd.o -lcrypt
/usr/i386-linux/bin/ld: cannot open -lcrypt: No such file or directory

Stock COL 2.2 system (brand new); couldn't find an RPM that would work 
with it so I tried the source.