Subject: [netatalk-admins] CR/LF only working from server to client

From: Rob Russell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:58:53 -0400 (EDT)

I'm using netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3-4.i386.rpm (From the LinuxPPC distro)  
on a RedHat-Linux-6.0 (All updates installed) P3 system, and I'm having
some trouble with CRLF translation, similar to the problem that Alexander
Runge posted to [email-masked] with the subject "which direction
is allowed" - but I couldn't find any responses in the archive, or
anything similar in this list.

I compiled with DCRLF and my Applevolumes.default file is:
~ Home options=crlf
/home/httpd/html Web options=crlf

The problem is that the only time CRLF translation is made is when the
client (iMac used for testing) downloads a text document from the server.
CRLF translation is not taking place when saving a text file from the
client to the server.

Has anyone overcome a similar problem?  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ultimately, we'd like to be able to let all the client machines (Mac,
Win9x, Linux) seamlessly share HTML documents for source editing.  I'd
rather not specify an editor if possible, so that people can use whatever
tool they're most productive with.  We're using NFS for the Linux clients
and samba for the Win9x clients, although that shouldn't have anything to
so with this problem.

Thanks,

-- 
Rob Russell, Senior Computer Systems Manager  [email-masked]
Canadian Internet Broadcasting Network      http://www.cibnetwork.com
Reseau de Diffusion Internet du Canada 	     http://www.reseaudic.com