Subject: [netatalk-admins] Chooser problem

From: Kevin Quick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 13:11:56 +0000

Linux server with pre-asun 2.1.2-8 and libdes.

After logging in a user tries to check the box to open a connection to the
server during startup and get the following error message.

An Error occurred while saving information to the Appleshare prep file
(Disk locked or full?)

Dimissing the dialog allow the user to continue to log in without checking
the box.

Any answers to this problem please.

____________________________________________________________________
Kevin Quick
Asst. Computer Officer
Faculty of Technology
The Open University

Internet Mail:   [email-masked]

     The best thing to run under Windows is radiator pipes

---

From: Jamie Biggar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:30:48 -0500 (EST)

> An Error occurred while saving information to the Appleshare prep file

Try deleting the AppleShare Prep file in the user's System Folder then
re-selecting the network volumes in the Chooser.  The file (which contains
information about which volumes to mount at boot time) could be locked or
corrupted.  The MacOS will re-create it if it's not there.

-Jamie