Subject: [netatalk-admins] File corruption - Solaris 2.6

From: Bill Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 08:22:17 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

I have a Solaris machine running 1.4b2+asun2.1.0, has been for the last 6
months or so.

When copying large files, I am seeing a corrupt rate of about 1 out 5
files. Typically the files involved are images from a digital camera or a
scanner, maybe around 2-4 MB. I've looked through the system log, nothing
really of note. I am able to repeat this by copying a file back and forth
from a Mac and the server, eventually it loses a few bits.

Any idea where I should start looking for the problem?

Thanks,

Bill Carlson
------------
Systems Programmer    [email-masked]	|  Opinions are mine,
Virtual Hospital      http://www.vh.org/        |  not my employer's.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics	|

---

From: Donald Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 08:51:10 -0600

I'm trying to get netatalk working on a Mac G3/266 beige running NetBSD
1.4.  I have built the asun 2.1.3 release, and the TCP side works, but
I can't get anything in the atalk side to do anything.

The most puzzling thing is that when I do an "aecho" to itsself, it
works, but any atalk operation to another machine on the ethernet
fails.  i.e. the host is "host-203".  I do "aecho host-203" and I
get successful pings.  "aecho else" says it can't find the other machine.
It's like the atalk stack won't transmit on the wire.

ASIP works fine, will share volumes, and the like - except that I can't
seem to get the "default" volumes to show up in the chooser on the
other machines.  I have to give it the IP.

The ifconfig -a shows that atalk iface is up on my ethernet.

Ideas?

Thanks,

-dgl-

---

From: Hauke Fath <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:37:34 +0100

At 08:51 16.11.99 -0600, Donald Lee wrote:
>1.4.

Is that 1.4 like in "1.4.x release" or like in "1.4k", i.e. -current?

>I have built the asun 2.1.3 release, and the TCP side works, but

What do you see in the syslog?

>The ifconfig -a shows that atalk iface is up on my ethernet.

I see similar things for -current on mac68k (see the discussion on 
port-mac68k). 1.4.x, on the contrary, works fine for me on mac68k and i386.

         hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        Tangro Software Components GmbH
                                         D-69115 Heidelberg
[email-masked]                       Ruf +49-6221-13336-35, Fax -21