Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] one person's take on linux/netatalk

From: "Harry Zink/Netatalk List" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 00:12:28 -0700

> But in my eyes, what could be fine (but has nothing to do with the length)
> is some sort of translating the umlauts to iso-8859-1 instead of escaping
them.

Um.... yes, allow me to heartily second this one.

There *ARE* people in other countries, and languages using netatalk, and
Macs :-)

Harry

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 11:44:21 -0700 (PDT)

already done in my patchset. i have mappings for iso-latin-1 and dos
codepages 437 and 850. if you want other mappings, i just need a mac
roman -> whatever mapping. 

-a

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 19:53:58 +0200

>roman -> whatever mapping. 

A Friend of mine created a bunch of mapping tables. Unfortunately, I don't know how he interprets them. I'll attach the source in which he uses the files, too.
:wq! PoC