Subject: [netatalk-admins] Sharing problems

From: Paolo Supino <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 16:36:36 +0300 (IDDT)

Hi 

   I'm trying to setup the following appleshares on a linux machine (RH
6.0) 

/home/http	Website

/home/ftp	Ftp

Why don't I see them in the chooser? 

	Paolo

---

From: Russell E Glaue <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:50:24 -0500 (CDT)

They do not appear in the chooser.  You'll see the server they live on in
the chooser. First you log into that server, then you can pick the volumes
you have created for that server like you indicated below.

> Why don't I see them in the chooser? 

+------------------------------------------+    -----russ-----
   Russell E Glaue       [email-masked]       Technologies Engineer

                Center for the Application of Information Technologies
                101 Horrabin Hall,  1 University Circle
                Western Illinois University
                Macomb, Illinois 61455
                http://cait.wiu.edu     http://www.cait.org

---

From: "Chris G. Sellers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:56:44 -0500 (EDT)

What do you have in your /etc/AppleVolumes.default and
/etc/AppleVolumes.system

> Why don't I see them in the chooser? 

<(************************************************************)>

   CHRIS G. SELLERS		
   Scientific Programmer Analyst 	
    Information & Instructional Technology 
	(formerly Computer & Information Services)
    101  Kresge Library		 		  
    Oakland University - Rochester, Michigan 48309-4401	
    Phone: (248) 370.2016    FAX: (248) 370.4251

---

From: Paolo Supino <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 17:26:10 +0300 (IDDT)

Hi 

   I was about to write the whole story behind the problem  (I admit
the first post wasn't thought through), when I noticed that my
AppleVolumes.system had a typo in the path, while I did all my changes on
AppleVolumes.default. Bottom line: The problem is solved (my first test
was done adding the shares to AppleVolumes.system, while all the others
were done changing AppleVolumes.default). 

Thanx for the replies. 

	Paolo

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 19:15:25 +0200

At 17:26 Uhr +0300 22.07.1999, Paolo Supino wrote:

>the first post wasn't thought through)

You're right. We can't help one if this one doesn't supply further information than "it won't function".

:wq! PoC