Subject: [netatalk-admins] persistent DID

From: "Robert B. Bell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:43:38 -0800

What is the current state of "presistent DIDs"?

Is it stable in asun2.1.3?
Or is pre2.1.4?

  Robert Bell.

---

From: Benjamin Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 23:04:15 -0600

>What is the current state of "presistent DIDs"?

As I understand it -- someone can correct me if I'm wrong -- it doesn't 
completely exist.  Some groundwork has been laid, and it was in 
pre-pre-alpha stage for a while, but it appears that asun has decided to 
change implementation strategies (by generalizing the DID database into a 
database that can hold other file attributes also) and so we may not be 
very close at all to a usable version.  asun's gone quiet recently, and 
not a whole lot of development is being done at the moment, so I'm not 
sure that static DIDs are going to happen any time soon.

--Benjamin Gilbert