Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Option to disable AppleDouble

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:30:22 -0500

Hi,
find is more powerful than that, you can combine the two instructions in only
one like this

find /path/to/apple/share -type d -name .AppleDouble -exec /bin/rm -R {} \;

Max

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Max De Mendizabal/ACLA_MEX/ACER)
Subject:  Re: [netatalk-admins] Option to disable AppleDouble

># miscellaneous options
># noadouble           -> don't create .AppleDouble unless a resource
>#                        fork needs to be created.
Doesn't work for me. What version of the Netatalk docs did you find this in ?
I tried doing this but it just changed the name of the volume to noadouble.
It would be nice if it worked.

>So, could you pass me a script that removes .AppleDoubles ;)

Well it is not really a script, it just uses the wonderful 'find' command:

find /path/to/apple/share -type d -name .AppleDouble | xargs /bin/rm -R

Simple but it work very well. Just make sure you don't delete any resource
forks you should be keeping....

Nicholas

---

From: Tim Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:43:37 -0600 (MDT)

> find /path/to/apple/share -type d -name .AppleDouble | xargs /bin/rm -R

ok.. I don't think netatalk-admins is the place to start discussing the
good/bad parts of using -exec vs. using | xargs. 

As a homework assignment, you can try both commands and see which one is
faster :)

Tim