Subject: [netatalk-admins] AppleTalk-PPP/ARA Support for Linux

From: Rob Newberry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 13:04:23 -0500 (EST)

This is to announce my set of patches for supporting AppleTalk Remote
Access users as dial-up clients of a Linux machine.  Below is some
relevant information from the README.

I hope users on this list will try out the patches and give me feedback.
I'm eager to hear from other users.

OVERVIEW

This set of patches allows a Linux box running "pppd" and "netatalk" to
act as a dial-up server for AppleTalk users.  These patches have
specifically been tested against Apple Remote Access clients.

THE AUTHOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THIS SOFTWARE
FOR ANY PURPOSE.  IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
WARRANTY.

Let me stress: this code is "alpha" quality.  It has NOT been thoroughly
tested on any number of systems.  Nevertheless, I have used it
successfully, and there are no KNOWN problems with the software.  I look
forward to receiving feedback from other users so that more information
about the quality of this code may be made available. 

Much of the original work was done by Morio Teneda, and I am very, very
grateful to his efforts toward making this support possible.

I have created a web page for documenting the project and making new
releases available.

http://www.eats.com/linux_atalk/atalk_ppp.html

You can also get the information directly via FTP, at

ftp://ftp.eats.com/pub/atalkppp-0.02.tar.gz

Rob Newberry
Linux AppleTalk Hacker
[email-masked]