Subject: [netatalk-admins] Symbolic links

From: Robert G Palmer Jr <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 13:36:17 -0400

I have a symbolic link in one of my directories on our sun
(Solaris 2.6 with netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3).  This link shows
up on my Mac desktop as a regular file.  Shouldn't it show up
as an alias?  What should I look for to correct this problem?

<<-------------------------------------------------------------->>
Robert G. Palmer, Jr.             1009 Commerce Park Drive
[email-masked]                  Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Development Engineer              Voice: (423)-482-3000
Interactive Pictures Corp.        FAX:   (423)-482-5447
http://www.ipix.com              
               -------------------------------------
Any opinions stated herein are solely mine.  In no way, shape,
or form should they be construed as opinions of my employer.
<<-------------------------------------------------------------->>

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 11:49:20 -0700 (PDT)

the short answer is nope. aliases are actually quite different beasts
than symlinks. 

-a