Subject: [netatalk-admins] Any clues?

From: Mark Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 06:15:25 +0000

I've re-installed netatalk... double-checked my kernel options......,
re-compiled & restarted...

This is still my situation.........

Using tkchooser on the linux box.... I see my Appleshares.....

On the Mac I do not......though telnettting works fine.... Appletalk is
Ethernet....

I use tcpdump on the linux to see any traffic..... zero traffic..

...but!!!....

The Appleshare instantly appear on the Mac Chooser........... is this a
quantum effect?

Just looking at something changes it's state?

My only clue is there has been appearing... a message in my log....
dsi_init: Address already in use.....

I will seach the source code soon.... just need to re-assign my debug
energy......

Regards to all netatalk-admin readers!

Markt

---

From: Brandon Warren <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:39:40 -0700 (PDT)

> I use tcpdump on the linux to see any traffic..... zero traffic..

I think it is because
tcpdump watches tcp packets, but appletalk uses ddp packets.

Brandon

---

From: Mark Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 08:40:54 +0000

Now here's a clue.......

Rebooted into 2.2.10..........

Shares now appear.

Has anyone else used Netatalk with a kernel over 2.2.10?

BTW.... I used the patch to take 2.2.11 to 2.2.12...... the problem is still
apparent with 2.2.12

Should I escalate this to a kernel list?

Regards, Mark Turner

---

From: "Robert B. Bell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 10:53:07 -0700

I have not been following your questions in detail,
but I am running with 2.2.11 kernel and netatalk + asun 2.1.3