Subject: [netatalk-admins] Chooser not comming

From: "Szabo Akos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 12:38:27 +0200

Hello!

I have a server running RedHat 5.2, netatalk+asun-2.1.3. It is the only
server on the network and it has only one NIC. The problem is that the
server does not come up when selecting chooser. Further symptoms:

Running nbplkup on the server gives only the name of the server.
However, using a Lanalyzer shows that every other MAC answered to the
query. It looks as if the server could send packets on the network but
would not see the answers or would not interpret them.

I have not name server, if it important.

AppleShareIP runs fine after giving the server IP address directly to
the MAC. Both DDP and IP is selected as the transport protocol.

Any help would be appreciated,

Ciao:
        Fonya

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 18:43:39 +0200

>the MAC. Both DDP and IP is selected as the transport protocol.

Any information in the syslog when booting?
Any information whether syslog is running?

:wq! PoC