Subject: [netatalk-admins] Delivery from netatalk to 3rd-party spooler

From: Phil Weingart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 16:12:44 -0400

Hi again.

We have a third party spooling system, and lp turned off (no lpd, no
lpadmin or lpsched.) How easy is it to configure netatalk to deliver using,
say, a proprietary script. Or, does it simply deliver a file to a location?
Is this as simple as devising a daemon to watch a directory, parse the
control file, and submit whatever appears there?

Thanks for all helpful comments.

Phil Weingart

---

From: Les Barstow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 13:16:48 +0000

> control file, and submit whatever appears there?

It is as simple as editting the {installdir}/etc/papd.conf file.
It takes the file from STDIN.  A sample entry from our RIP software:

Hold-gateway:\
	:pr=|/usr/local/bin/PrintWithName Hold:\
	:op=gateway:\
	:pd=/usr/local/atalk/etc/ppd/HPLJ5Si.ppd:

(PrintWithName is a little script I wrote to snag the title from the
PostScript
 and then forward to lp)

Les Barstow