Subject: [netatalk-admins] Weird Permisons

From: dkam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 05:13:05 -0000

Hi there,
     Does anyone know why my netatalk setup would create files with weird 
sgid permissions?
     
drwx--Srwx   4 dkam     users        1024 Sep  2 00:06 Network Trash 
Folder 
drwxr-sr-x   3 dkam     users        1024 Sep  2 04:02 jade1.2 Folder 

     How do I fix this?

Danny Milne

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 09:27:21 -0700

the above is because netatalk doesn't implement AFP permissions
correctly. that's on the todo list to fix. anyways, i think i'll take
this opportunity to lay out my current schedule for the next version
of my patchset.

here are the things on the to do list:
     1) fix something i broke with appletalk on os x server
     2) incorporate the ncsu kerberos iv server code.
     3) incorporate whatever wes sends me.

i might also stick in some arbitrary character mapping for filenames
as well, but i might not as the kerberos code will take a little bit
of time to incorporate.

-a
[email-masked]