Subject: [netatalk-admins] Forcing AFPD to Re-read configs?

From: Matthew Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 11:31:52 -0400

Is there a signal I can send AFPD to re-read the AppleVolumes.default?
When I have >300 users connected to my primary file storage server, I
REALLY disklike the idea of kicking them off just so I can add/modify a
volume.
	My apologies if this question has be asked. I did a search on all of
the message I have for 'HUP', 'SIGHUP' 'reread', 're-read', and
'restart' but didn't see anything useful... ThxIA. :)
-- 

          - Matthew Keller -
       Lead Programmer/Analyst
  Distributed Computing and Telemedia
State University of New York at Potsdam

Web: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/
PGP: http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/crypto/

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 13:26:58 -0700

AppleVolumes.default gets re-read each time a user logs in, so there's
no need to kill afpd.  

-a