Subject: [netatalk-admins] I can not get printer status of CSW2400 using netatalk

From: Katsumasa TOKUBUCHI <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 02:09:38 +0900

Dear meiling list members.

I have a trouble for Color StyleWriter 2400 with LocalTalk Module via
netatalk1.4b2. When I check printer status using "papstatus" command,
the result was "atp_rresp: Operation timed out". 
( I typed "papstatus -p cs2400:ColorStyleWriter2400AT".)

However, CSW2400's printer name returned as
"cs2400:ColorStyleWriter2400AT  65530.148:129" when I checked the
network status using "nbplkup" command.
(Trouble was nothing when I used HP DeskWriter540. I would like to
change the printer from DW540 to CSW400. Because, DW540 was broke.)

Netatalk version is 1.4b2 and running on FreeBSD2.2.8. Macintosh's
system is MacOS7.5.5. And, Apple LocalTalk Bridge2.0.2 is installed on
MacOS for routing between EtherTalk and Localtalk.

Why occuered this situation? And, please teach the torouble shooting
method for this problem.

/////////////////////////////////////
  Katsumasa TOKUBUCHI
  E-mail: [email-masked]
  SHIBATA Industrial Co.,Ltd.
  Hyougo, Akashi, JAPAN
/////////////////////////////////////
.