Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Problem with netatalk

From: Martin Wegeberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 21:55:50 +0100

I can't solve both your problems, but at least one of them. I'm very 
interested in hearing the solution to the other. 
I had the same problems after installing on a server running RedHat 6.1.
I still can't log in as anything but guest, but now I have full 
read/write access - this was accomplished simply by changing the access 
rights in linux (e.g. chmod -v 666 /pub).
cheers
Martin

>Im trying to get netatalk to work on my linux file server.  the server is 
>running SuSE linux 6.2 with shadow password support.  I compiled netatalk 
>with shadow password support and opened the ports in /etc/services file. i 
>can connect as a guest and have read only access to the files, but i need 
>read/write access.  ive looked in all the faq's, help files and everything 
>and can't find anything that helps.  can anyone give me an idea where to 
>start?  i looked in the syslog and it shows the connections trying, then 
>the last thing it says is 'login noauth'.  any ideas?

---

From: Harry Zink/Netatalk List <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 13:25:41 -0800

on 12/27/1999 12:55 PM, Martin Wegeberg at [email-masked] wrote:

> any ideas?

Install from one of the available RPMs. Those have never given me problems,
and SUSE supports RPM.

Harry