Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Printing woes continue

From: Tony Grant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 10:39:17 +0100

Hello,

Let me rephrase this :

	- working netatalk server running in AppleTalk mode i.e. file server
and printer spool visible in chooser [netatalk-1.4b2asun2.1.3, Redhat
6.0]

	- upgrade to Redhat 6.1 now file server only connectable via TCP/IP and
printer not at all.

How can I reconfigure netatalk and/or Redhat 6.1 so that my printer
spool shows up as an AppleTalk printer in the chooser again please? (I
don't give a damn about file sharing on this machine). The two machines
that work at the office are Redhat rpm installs - should I go back to
that? Why was it working for me in 6.0? So many questions, so little
time!

Thanks again and sorry this is taking me so long to get fixed... 
(boy am I sorry... =;-])

Cheers

Tony Grant

---

From: Tony Grant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 16:33:00 +0100

anil wrote:
 
> There is new lpr version on Redhat 6.1. did you install it??

yes it is upgraded to 0.46-1 which is the bug fix

> > that? Why was it working for me in 6.0? So many questions, so little

Tony

---

From: Tony Grant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 17:48:40 +0100

Andrew Morgan wrote:
> 
> On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Tony Grant wrote:
> 
> It sounds like your real problem is that Appletalk isn't working.  With
> file shares, you have the option of connecting with IP, but printer shares
> are Appletalk only.
> 
> What error messages do you see when you try to start atalkd?

 annix atalkd[394]: restart (1.4b2+asun2.1.3)
 annix atalkd[394]: zip_getnetinfo for eth0
 annix last message repeated 2 times
 annix atalkd[394]: config for no router
 annix atalkd[394]: ready 0/0/0

Or something like this (machine is at home)

Cheers

Tony

---

From: Tony Grant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 18:22:20 +0100

Andrew Morgan wrote:

> If you run 'ifconfig', do you see a line like:
>           EtherTalk Phase 2 addr:161/206

yes something like that

> I don't know if it will be something entirely different when no router is
> present.  Maybe you should go ahead and seed the network with netatalk?

Now that's getting too complicated - seed ???

Cheers

Tony

---

From: Andrew Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 08:21:19 -0800 (PST)

Andy

---

From: Andrew Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:08:20 -0800 (PST)

Andy