Subject: [netatalk-admins] Clients can't find UAM

From: Rich Lafferty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:18:57 -0400

Hi, 

I've just built netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 on linuxppc linked against
libdes and libwrap. I've told afpd to refuse cleartext-password 
connections, but can't manage to get it to do randnum-based ones.

When I try to connect to it from another Mac (OS 8.6), I get an
ASIP session logged by syslog (so it's apparently getting past
tcp_wrappers, so far so good) but then the following error on
the Mac:

  The User Authentication Method required by this server can't be
  found, please check the AppleShare folder in the System Folder
  and try again.

What am I missing?

  -Rich

-- 
------------------------------ Rich Lafferty ---------------------------
 Sysadmin/Programmer, Information and Instructional Technology Services
   Concordia University, Montreal, QC                 (514) 848-7625
------------------------- [email-masked] ----------------------

---

From: Rich Lafferty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:25:18 -0400

>   found, please check the AppleShare folder in the System Folder

I'm missing the 'n' in 'randnum' in my afpd.conf. Sorry about that =:o

  -Rich

-- 
------------------------- [email-masked] ----------------------