Subject: [netatalk-admins] dsi_stream_read(-1): Transport endpoint is not connected

From: Jonathan Benson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 16:56:10 +1000

OK, something rather bizarre just happened when a user attempted to copy
a folder to the server from a new B&W G3 running 8.5.1 connected via
ASIP.  I'm running netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3

If anyone can suggest why it might have happened or what I can do to
ensure it doesn't happen again I'd love to know.

BTW  In case you can't tell from the following the process went a little
crazy on the CPU time and I had to kill it the hard way (-9).

>From my logs:
May  4 10:24:18 primus afpd[7366]: ASIP session:548(1) from
192.168.2.22:2049(3)
May  4 10:24:18 primus PAM_pwdb[7366]: (netatalk) session opened for
user prod2 by (uid=0)
May  4 10:24:18 primus afpd[7366]: login prod2 (uid 519, gid 519)
May  4 16:27:24 primus afpd[7366]: dsi_stream_read(-1): Connection reset
by peer
May  4 16:27:24 primus afpd[7366]: dsi_stream_read(0): Connection reset
by peer
May  4 16:27:24 primus afpd[7366]: dsi_stream_read(-1): Transport
endpoint is not connected
May  4 16:27:30 primus last message repeated 2516 times
[snip]
May  4 16:32:10 primus last message repeated 17170 times
May  4 16:32:30 primus last message repeated 6246 times
May  4 16:32:32 primus afpd[17470]: server_child[1] 7366 killed

Thanks

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Benson B.Eng. (Soft Sys Hon) <[email-masked]>
Systems Administrator, Phoenix Magazines, Phone: +61 3 9696 7200
http://www.phoenixmags.com.au/

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 11:52:38 -0700 (PDT)

your g3 client died unexpectedly here. i'm not sure why it did
that. if you can easily repeat it, i'll need a debug log of the
transaction right before things fail.

oh my. it actually died in FPWrite. i've fixed the underlying code so
that it doesn't go into an infinite loop if something happens wrong
there.

-a