Subject: [netatalk-admins] Compatibility with Digital Unix

From: Tom Turpin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 15:02:18 -0400

Hi,

I apologize if this question is mis-directed, but someone please let me know
if it is.  Is netalk compatible with Digital Unix 4.0D?  I am setting up a
new file server that my Mac users need access.  I would prefer to serve
everything from the machine versus having to maintain NFS clients on the
Macs.  Any ideas or suggestions?  I am not currently subscribed to the list
so please respond directly to me via email.  TIA.

Thomas B. Turpin
Engineering/CAD Systems Administration
Ryobi Motor Products

Phone:	(864) 878-6331 ext. 4166
Fax:	(864) 898-4088
E-mail:	[email-masked]

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 11:09:46 -0700 (PDT)

the next version of my patchset will be able to compile the AFP/tcp
part of netatalk on digital unix (as well as sgi irix, ibm aix, and
mac os x server). if you want appletalk services, however, you'll need
to port the STREAMS driver and fix all the things i didn't bother
fixing with the appletalk part of netatalk. in case people are
interested, the irix port ended up being the most peculiar.

-a