Subject: [netatalk-admins] Current Netatalk Snapshot specs/Nothing in chooser...

From: "Harry Zink/Netatalk List" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 09:49:35 -0700

Is there a current spec of asun 2.1.4pre35, in terms of what works and what
doesn't?

I got it compiled and installed right, but while I can connect via TCP/IP,
nothing shows up in the chooser. Checked the FAQ-O-matic, but nothing in
there applies (I checked the one issue in that regard, and that's  not a
problem).

Any ideas?

Harry

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 13:01:35 -0400

On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 09:49:35AM -0700, Harry Zink/Netatalk List wrote:
} Is there a current spec of asun 2.1.4pre35, in terms of what works and what
} doesn't?
} 
} I got it compiled and installed right, but while I can connect via TCP/IP,
} nothing shows up in the chooser. Checked the FAQ-O-matic, but nothing in
} there applies (I checked the one issue in that regard, and that's  not a
} problem).
} 
} Any ideas?

For what it's worth, I have pre35 running on two Solaris 7 (32 bit)
machines and one Yellow Dog Linux (a ppp-linux distribution) machine,
and everything works, including having the machines show up in the
Chooser.  Even dhx, which the version of AppleTalk that ships with the
iBook uses, works.  (Confused me for a few minutes; I couldn't figure
out why netatalk was refusing my .passwd password until I finally
noticed it wasn't "2 way scrambled" any more.)

What do your logs say when netatalk starts up?  What kind of
machine/OS are you running on?
 
} 
} Harry

-- 
--------
Paul J. Schinder
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
[email-masked]