Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk on Solaris

From: William Knox <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:12:48 -0400

I have the latest version of Adrain Sun's netatalk (1.4b2+asun2.1.3)on
an Enterprise 250 running a fully patched Solaris 2.6 (including patch
105795-05 mentioned on the netatalk on Solaris baby-FAQ).  It compiled
and installed fine, but when trying to start it, it makes the following
complaint:

# /etc/init.d/atalk start      
starting appletalk daemons:  atalk dnbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
Can't register printsrv2:netatalk@*
nbprgstr papd afpd.

I have had no problems with other machines with an hme0 interface, just
the Enterprise 250.  Does anyone have any ideas what I might be able to
do to solve this?  I've even changed the card that I have to run at
10Mbps and half-duplex in case that was the problem (it had been running
at 100Mbps, full-duplex).  Thanks in advance.
-- 
			Bill Knox
			Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
			The MITRE Corporation

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 18:04:51 +0200

>Can't register printsrv2:netatalk@*

What's in the syslog? The most important part is there.

:wq! PoC

---

From: William Knox <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 08:44:43 -0400

Turns out that we had a problem with the router, which was not allowing
new Appletalk registrations on the zone, but was maintaining the old
ones.  Thanks to everyone who sent me notes.