Subject: [netatalk-admins] Something like the veto files option for samba?

From: "Lorenzo M. Catucci" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 17:08:38 +0100 (CET)

Dear readers,
	as anybody managing a mixed apple/windows file server knows, samba
servers understand a couple of useful options:

1.   veto  files = /.AppleDouble/.bin/.AppleDesktop/Network Trash Folder

whose main use is to mask away those directories built from afpd. 

2.   [force] create mode = xxxx
     [force] directory mode = yyyy

which lets you choose the permissions your created files and directories
will have, 
 
3.   path = %H/some_path

which will let some_path relative to the user's home directory be exported
as the named volume

Now, I used such options as a means to let my win users edit their html
home pages via their browser without having to resort to http's PUT
method, and keeping the standard file permissions different from the ones
needed for a world readable homepage. 

Does some nice one know how could I accomplish the same for my mac users?
Somebody else cares?

Yours,

l.