Subject: [netatalk-admins] increase performance

From: "Achim Gosse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 10:17:51 +0100

hi,

what can I do to increase the network performance?

my equipment:

2 linux boxes with 2.0.35, 100 MBit ethernet cards (3COM), 100 MBit full
switched network.
The Mac clients have OS 8.1.

The performance right now is very slow, like 10 MBit.

What is the optimal configuration of the clients?

Thanks in advance,

Achim

---

From: David Tilley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 03:38:22 -0600

>What is the optimal configuration of the clients?

if you are using asun's patches, make certain you are connecting via TCP, 
not appletalk. This makes a big difference.

Also, consider upgrading to 8.5. The long-promised improvements in 
network throughput actually work!

dvt