Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] ethernet sniffer?

From: Mark Donnelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 16:16:02 -0500

Mike Mansell:
>Anyone know of an ethernet sniffer that can handle packets other than IP? 

>Preferably, it would run on Solaris or Linux 

Mike:

As soon as http://www.freshmeat.net/ comes back up (database problems as of
16:20 CDT), it just had a utility  on there today, something along the lines
of 'iptrafmon', I think.  A friend of mine grabbed it and compiled...looks 
neat.  I don't know if it recognizes AFP, but it's good for a go.  Curses 
based, seems to be well handling.

Other than that, have you considered etherpeek on the Macintosh side?  It 
doesn't handle traffic that specifically deals with the local machine, but
it'll peek on traffic from a unix box to another mac quite well.

--Mark Donnelly

---

From: Dwight Kelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 09:37:06 -0400 (EDT)

> it'll peek on traffic from a unix box to another mac quite well.

Etherpeek is available for Windows 95 and NT also.

---
Dwight Kelly
Essential Technical Services, Inc.  
315 Allen Street Cumming, GA 30130
voice:(770) 889-2848  fax:(770) 889-2624 Internet:[email-masked]
http://www.etsinc.com