Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Installation problem: netatalk 1.4b2 on solaris 2.5.1

From: "Yasmine Arafa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 13:34:06 -0000

I  have almost been able to successfully complete compilation of netatalk
1.4b2 on solaris 2.5.1 

I am at the last step of the instructions, which is to add the rc.atalk
file  to /etc/rc
I can't find this file anywhere? The instructions say it should be
installed in the in the ETCDIR (which in my case is /usr/local/atalk/etc),
but I can't find it!
Does this mean that there could be a problem with the installation? or can
I just cp this file from somewhere? if I can cp it where can I get this
file from?

Thanx,
Yasmine.

---

From: Mitch McNeel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 07:12:48 -0800

Well for one thing, the rc.atalk file should have been created on the
install...  look in your /etc/rc2.d and /etc/rc0.d directories, there should
be a soft link to the file atalk in /etc/init.d directory.

Hope this helps
Mitch