Subject: [netatalk-admins] determining who's logged into which share

From: John D Blair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 17:04:13 +0000

Hello,

Is there a way to determine who's logged into which share through afpd? 
I know that I can determine who's logged in by seeing who owns which
afpd processes, but I'd like to know which share their currently using. 
If possible I'd really like to see a list of open files as well.  Does
afpd provide this information?

I've looked through the various faqs and docs, but couldn't find an
answer this this specific question.

thanks,
 -john.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
John D. Blair                                   [email-masked]
Software Engineer, Cobalt Networks Inc.      http://www.cobaltnet.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Julian Elischer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 20:06:41 -0800 (PST)

no

when you've written it let me know so I can put it in the interjet :-)
the parent process could be modified to keep track of that information.
I considered it for the interjet but decided that our custommers probably
didn't want that amount of informtion anyhow.
We just give a list uf the users. (as you suggested.. (/proc is your
friend)

julian

---

From: Edan Idzerda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 23:34:21 -0500 (EST)

> the parent process could be modified to keep track of that information.

I was going to avoid sending email to the whole list but since I
hung out with John a lot at Usenix (and sat next to you more than 
once in the terminal room) ... 

As I suggested to John, Brad Parks said he did on this list on 
March 16 of this year.  I sent him personal email in case he 
doesn't follow this anymore.  We'll see what arises.  Otherwise,
I wouldn't think it a terribly difficult hack.

- edan

--
Netatalk on Solaris 2 FAQ is at http://www.mtusysadm.mtu.edu/mtudocs/netatalk

---

From: "Robert O'Kane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 00:20:45 +0100 (MET)

Shouldn't it be possible with tcp-wrapper to notify or log the IP
# of new connections?

hmmm.....

-Bob.

> > answer this this specific question.

*/
----------------------------------------------
Robert O'Kane
Technical Director
RenderServe
email: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------