Subject: [netatalk-admins] appleshare via IP+interesting things

From: Yann Bizeul <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1904 00:43:23 +0009

Some questions :

I found why I can't get appleshare working via IP, that was because in my
afpd.conf file the server was declared on port 12000...
Why this ? port 12000, it is by default in the afpd.conf file, how to get it
working with port 12000 ? adding this port to /etc/services ? Something to do
on the Mac ?

I'm really looking for a way to send messages to mac clients, someone called
that broadcast... What I know is that I just want the same type of message we
get with option "-loginmesg" in afpd.conf...

I want this to put in place a printing workflow ps to PDF, back to ps in few
cases... It would be great if users get a message to indicate the state of the
process...

Thanks guys !

 --
------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]     http://perso.club-internet.fr/ybizeul

       Wintel sucks. Gates sucks. France Telecom sucks.
                         Macintosh & Linux rulez
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Andrew McNabb <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 18:18:47 -0600 (CST)

That's a great idea.  You could really do some neat reporting stuff that
way.  Let me know how it goes.

> cases... It would be great if users get a message to indicate the state of the

----------------------------------------------
                Andrew McNabb
             Argus Systems Group
          [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------