Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk on Solaris 2.5.1 Intel box

From: Clarence Wilkersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 10:32:57 -0500 (EST)

On my home network, I have a MacPPC 7100 and an linux box and a Intel Solaris
box.

Netatalk between Mac and Linux boc work fine. But the MAc never sees the
Solaris box as a server.

Details: I'm using the n-?????97  distribution with the rewritten solaris
kernels.
It compiles and loads, etc with no complaints.
The intel box has two virtual interfaces on one physical ethernet card.

Help, Clarence

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 11:52:54 -0400

> From:    Clarence Wilkersson <[email-masked]>
> To:      [email-masked]

> The intel box has two virtual interfaces on one physical ethernet card.

The n-102797 snap shot of netatalk has never been tested on Solaris x86,
and there are probably some endian considerations that were missed.

:wes