Subject: [netatalk-admins] net atalk problmes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 21:40:17 -0800 (PST)

aarg,
I was haveing a similar problem to this with my 486/120 and now on my
k6... Netatalk just wont run, ok so it dose for about 5-10 seconds while
it tryes to get an address (it showes up in the chooser on the networkes
macintoshes, that is). But then the machine gives a time out error on the
nbp_rgstr and the process crokes. I have tryed this in my 486 in a large
assortement of nic cards (for dec to 3-com) and in the k6 I have only used
a 3-com card, but I have heard that it should work.

so you know I am trying to get this to run on a:
AMD k6233
32 some odd megs of ram
IDE/scsi
under freeBSD 2.2.5-R
any advice much apericeated, 

Shawn Cupples
South Eugene High School
(541) 687-3122