Subject: [netatalk-admins] Re: Filemaker problems w/ netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2

From: Jarrod Stenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 10:49:21 -0500

I posted a message with details about my problems yesterday.

I am running:
'netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2' with eagain patch and socket patch
and the new Solaris kernel on a 'sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1-Engine'

I do not have tcpwrapper stuff working (don't know how to be honest).
And I don't have anything else extra either (will be using DES library
in the next compile).

So I did some thinking on my own and thought a simple switch in the
Filemaker application (running version 3 and 4) would do it.  I switch
the 'Network Protocol' preference from 'AppleTalk' to 'TCP/IP' on a
couple of Macs.  I started then started up a shared file on one and
tried to get on as a guest with the other (I DID restart both Filemaker
apps).  It still didn't work but I did not get the catastrophic message
I got before.

So now I'm thinking I should make netatalk go back to ddp instead of
tcp.  This seems to be the change between 'netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a17.2'
which I was using succesfully before and the version I am using now.

Any ideas?  I know there are some of you out there using Filemaker a lot
like myself so please give me some pointers.

Many thanks,

-jarrod