Subject: [netatalk-admins] Dot-matrix printer

From: "Odd-Jarle Kristoffersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 01:54:53 PST

Hi everyone,

I´ve been reading all the info I could find around the net but still 
haven´t found a solution to my little problem.

Does the Mac support anything but PS printing to netatalk? I have the 
following setup:

netatalk on Linux
Parallell printer Star LC2-200 (dot-matrix  non-PS type).
Macinotshes connected through coax networking.

The printer works excellent from Linux printing text-files and so on, 
but all the prints from the Mac are sent as PS, thius generating a lot 
of pages withs PS-commands on the printer. Is there any way at all to 
get the Mac printouts on this printer? I tried Imagewriter for Appletalk 
too, but it doesn´t even see the Linux printer. Laserwriter 8 finds it. 
Help much appriciated.

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: Mike Holling <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 14:20:56 -0800 (PST)

> too, but it doesn´t even see the Linux printer. Laserwriter 8 finds it. 

Use ghostscript to turn PS into your printer's native graphics format.  I
use ghostscript with my Epson FX-80 and it works great.  I don't have the
URL for the ghostscript home page, but try starting at

ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/ghost

Hope this helps.

- Mike