Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] 1.4b2 (with Volumesize Patch) or +Asun Patch

From: John Barry -Technician <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 98 18:17:54 BST

Hi,
> >Another possibility is a conflict with your ethernet card and whatever
> >controls your hard drive. A IO port or IRQ conflict will meen that a write
> >request for ethernet could be handled by the Had drive controler, therefore
> >hoseing your drive.
> 
> Unlikely -> PCI.

I've been staying out of this, but after the above, I just had to bite :)

OK, so you've got PCI cards in you machine, why does that make you any
different to the thousands (if not millions) of other PC users on the planet 
that have IRQ conflicts?

later
jb

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 22:06:39 +0200

>I've been staying out of this, but after the above, I just had to bite :)

Huh!

>different to the thousands (if not millions) of other PC users on the planet 

Because I know what I do?

Okay, I masked out ALL ISA-Cards in the BIOS (onboard 2x serial, ISA 2xserial, onboard parallel and ISDN-Card), that's it. The PCI BIOS shuffles the rest around to all PCI-Devices.
No Port-Conflicts. No IRQ-Conflicts.

:wq! PoC