Subject: [netatalk-admins] Max Connection to a Netatalk Server?

From: Mitch McNeel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 11:25:43 -0700

Hey Admin.'s

        I have a sun solaris 2.6 sparc 20 running netatalk-1.4b2+asun.
I have a couple of questions regarding number of users connections to a
netatalk server.

1. what is the # (if any) allowed to connect at one given time?
2. if there is a # how do I increase the # of connections per server?

right now the max. number of connection is 5 users, if anyone else try
to connect to the server it returns an error of "The Attempted
Connection to the Server has Failed, Try Again Later". But, if a user
disconnects from the server, another user will now be able to login to
that server that just gave us the error.  Does anyone know what's going
on with this setup...

Thanks
Mitch

---

From: Johan Claesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 20:42:22 +0200

> that server that just gave us the error.  Does anyone know what's going

Hi Mitch,

There is an option to afpd, -c, that you may set to increase the number
of users who will be able to connect to the server.
Edit /etc/init.d/atalk and add the option, -c #, to it.
But keep in mind that more allowed connections adding more load and
memory usage to the system.

See man 8 afpd for more information.

Take care /Johan
-- 
Johan Claesson                [email-masked]
Ericsson Utvecklings AB
Box 1505                      Phone: +46 8 727 30 95
S-125 25 ÄLVSJÖ, Sweden       Fax:   +46 647 82 76