Subject: [netatalk-admins] Security

From: Gaetano Bellanca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 19:44:30 +0200

Hi,

I'm using netatalk on both Solaris 2.5.1 and Linux 2.0.33.
How is it possible to have the transmission of the password "scrambled" when
I'm connecting from my macintosh to the remote filesystems?

I have libdes and tcp_wrapper installed on both the machines but, using a
sniffer, I can discover my password (and hackers too)!

Thank in advance.

Gaetano
-- 

                     ___[_____]___
                        (.) (.)
                          (_)
--------------------o00O-------O00o-------------------

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Gaetano Bellanca                                                    |
| D.E.I.S. - Dipartimento di Elettronica, Informatica e Sistemistica. |
| University of Bologna.                                              |
| Viale Risorgimento, 2 - 40136 - Bologna - ITALY                     | 
|                                                                     |
| Phone  :  +39 51 6443060                                            |
| Fax    :  +39 51 6443073                                            |
|                                                                     |
| mailto:[email-masked]      URL:http://www.deis.unibo.it    | 
|                                                                     |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+