Subject: [netatalk-admins] Unexpectedly disconnected?

From: Neil McAllister <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 16:16:04 -0700

In trying to back up my netatalk server with Retrospect, I've noticed one
disturbing thing.  When I connect using Appletalk, it appears to work fine.
But when I connect via ASIP, it has a tendency to disconnect after a brief
while, popping up a dialog box reading "The Server xxxx has unexpectedly
disconnected".

Has anyone else noticed this?  Or is it possible to trace the source of
this problem?

--
Neil McAllister, Systems Administrator
Primo Angeli Inc., San Francisco, CA, USA
http://www.primo.com  mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Walt Bigelow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 13:15:02 -0800 (PST)

Neil,

Yes I have this exact same problem.  I am now going over the list and I
did not see a reply to your message.  I would like to know if you have
found a reolution to this problem or are you still experiencing it?

This happens when I copy a large number of files from the linux atalk
server via ASIP to a macintoshs local hard drive running 8.1 and with (the
last I checked anyway) the latest networking libraries.

If it helps I am running 2.1.0pre10 (whichever was the last pre) on a
redhat 5.1 system. 

Thanks,
Walt