Subject: [netatalk-admins] Multiple interfaces and Chooser display questions...

From: Philip Hallstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 13:14:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -
	I've got everything running, now it's just a matter of tweaking
this or that :)

This is all happening on Solaris 2.6, 1.4b2...

I have two interfaces, hme0 and hme0:1.  Is there some way to get netatalk
to use hme0:1?  Adding the ":1" to atalkd.conf doesn't seem to work.

Also, when I go to the Chooser I get the hostname, rather than something
descriptive.

I changed the startup so it looks like:

/sierra/atalk/bin/nbprgstr -p 4 SOS_Test:Workstation
/sierra/atalk/bin/nbprgstr -p 4 SOS_Test:netatalk
/sierra/atalk/etc/papd;
/sierra/atalk/etc/afpd -n SOS_Test;

And now it shows up as SOS_Test in the chooser, but nbplkup still lists
"fido" for the LaserWriter and I don't see an option to affect that.  Is
there some easy way to do this?

Thanks!

--
Philip Hallstrom                Technical Director
[email-masked]     Sierra Online Services
http://www.sierra.com/          Sierra Online, Inc.