Subject: [netatalk-admins] Invisible printer

From: Nedeljko Miljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 18:34:38 +0000

Hello,

I'm running the RedHat 5.1 Linux with netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0-10a. After
installing it and solving a minor problem [ thanks to [email-masked]
], now I have run into a serious problem. We use Dayna Etherprints to drive
the printers and 3 printers out of 4 are up and running properly. But the
fourth (LaserWriter Pro 600 + Dayna EtherPrint Plus) is invisible to the
Linux box. All the Macs and CopsTalk PC's can see it, but nbplkup can not.
The rest of the network entities are reported by nbplkup.

Any clues?

TIA
N. Miljevic

---

From: Sak Wathanasin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 23:00:46 +0100

In reply to Nedeljko Miljevic's message of the 13/10/98 at 18:34 +0000,

> The rest of the network entities are reported by nbplkup.

I'm using an LW 4/600 through an Etherprint+;  do you have the latest ROMs?
Dayna will send them to you for the asking. They even paid shipping to the UK.
Great company!

FYI, the rom in my EtherPrint+ is 3.2.

Sak Wathanasin
Network Analysis Limited
178 Wainbody Ave South, Coventry CV3 6BX, UK

Internet: [email-masked]
Phone: (+44) 1203 419996                    Fax: (+44) 1203 690690