Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk over PPP connection

From: Conrad Hagemans <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 14:33:51 +0100

Is it possible to let netatalk to communicate over a serial point to point
connection?

I have a small ethernet network with some pc's (Win95, NT and Linux) hooked
up together with a hub.

Now i want to connect a very old Mac SE to this linux box. I installed
netatalk. It runs fine over the ethernet card.
But the SE doesn't have a networkcard so i kooked it up to the linux box
with a nullmodem cable, installed mactcp.
I opend between the two a ppp connection. So far it runs fine.

If i open ifconfig i see the ppp0 and eth0 device.

After starting up netatalk i see it's binded to the ethernet but not to the
ppp device.

Is this not possible??

---------------------------
Conrad Hagemans
Livingstones Nederland bv
[email-masked]
http:\\www.livingstones.nl
===========================