Subject: [netatalk-admins] HFS CD-ROMs

From: Larry Gee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:06:54 -0400

I need some suggestions on how to really fix a problem.

Setup:
afpd+18.2asun
hfs 0.95
linux 2.0.33

I'm using afpd and hfs to primarily share CD-ROMs.  Although I have read
the HFS docs, and it clearly states there can be problems installing
from CD, I was wondering if there are users out there who have the same
problem and what they have done to fix it.  My test CD's are Magic
School Bus "Explores the Ocean" and Mindscape "Animals".

TIA
Larry Gee

---

From: "Conrad Hagemans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 12:56:40 +0200

Hello Harry,

I am using almost the same setup and running without any problems.
How do you mount the CD-Rom?

I am using the following statement:

         mount -t hfs -o afpd /dev/scd0 /cdrom

I also added an old Mac-harddisk to my Linux box and mount
it the sameway. Runs fine.

Good Luck
Conrad Hagemans
[email-masked]