Subject: [netatalk-admins] rtmp_packet bad hop count from 8668.224 for 15114

From: Albert Max Lai <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 12:56:42 -0400 (EDT)

I get error messages that say things like "rtmp_packet bad hop count from
8668.224 for 15114". 8668.224 is the address for the AppleTalk router in
my building.  Does anyone know what this means? I am on RedHat 5.1 using
2.0.35, 486DX/2 66, 3c509, and netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2-oa1.i386.rpm. I
have experienced similar error messages (and much worse ones) on a
different machine with an onboard Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100. Any help
with this would be greatly appreciated.

                                                 \\\|||///
                                                 |       |
                                                (  @   @  )
********************************************oooO****(_)****Oooo*********
* Albert Lai         SEAS Columbia University                          *
* Residential Computer Consultant                                      *
* e-mail: [email-masked]     http://www.columbia.edu/~aml61        *
*         [email-masked]     http://amlai3.ec.rhno.columbia.edu    *
* AOL:    [email-masked]                                            *
* 1018D East Campus                                                    *
* 411 W 116th St                                                       *
* New York, NY 10027                            .oooO                  *
* Ph: (212)853-4854                             (   ) Oooo.            *
*************************************************\ (  (   )*************
                                                  \_)  ) /
                                                      (_/