Subject: [netatalk-admins] Re: 1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2 compile problem.

From: John Barry -Technician <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 98 19:19:48 GMT

Hi folks,
I posted late last week about being unable to compile afpd from the asun18.2
distribution on a SunOS 4.1.4 box. The problem is apparenlty due to
libatalk/compat/inet_aton.c This file isn't detailed enough, if you delete
it and replace it with:
ftp.maths.tcd.ie:/src/eoin-tmp/guile/guile-1.2/libguile/inet_aton.c
then, as if by magic it will compile, link and run as God intended :)

The one slight kink is that you'll have to compile that particular file with 
gcc (cc doesn't like it...)

Do a full make, when it dies in etc/afpd trying to run the linker, cd to 
libatalk, delete the archive (*.a) files, replace compat/inet_aton.c and 
compile with gcc -c -O5 inet_aton.c then cd back to the root of the distribution 
and run make again.

Simple eh?

Thanks for the pointers Adrian :)
later
jb

---

From: Neil Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 09:44:25 +0000

>compile with gcc -c -O5 inet_aton.c then cd back to the root of the

I also have problems compiling 1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2 on a SunOS 4.1.4 box....

Making all for sunos...
gcc -DBSD4_3 -D_POSIX_MAPPED_FILES -O -I../../include -I../netatalk
-DKERNEL -D`
arch -k` -c at_sun.c
In file included from ../../include/netatalk/ddp_var.h:9,
                 from at_sun.c:23:
../../include/netatalk/endian.h:55: sys/bitypes.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `at_sun.o'
Current working directory
/home/ncm/admin_software/netatalk/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2
.0a18.2/sys/sunos
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

Any idea where bitypes.h can be found? Also I saw mention somewhere that I
might need cdefs.h as well?

We are currently using netatalk-1.3.3 which as far as I can remember
compiled without problems. I've tried compiling netatalk-1.4b2 which
compiles withough complaint.

Neil