Subject: [netatalk-admins] Disabling Routing

From: Nate Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 16:33:26 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

I have netatalk 1.3.3 running on a Linux 2.0.32 system with 3 ethernet
cards, two of which are used for netatalk. It is running perfectly, except
it is routing between the two networks, and I need to disable this
feature. (This is supposed to be a dropsite for files between two
different parts of a company, they are not supposed to be allowed to talk
directly to each other.) I applied the patch I found, and routing was
disabled just fine, but it seems that afpd binds itself only to one of the
two addresses. So, it serves one side of the network just fine, but the
other side of the network can see the server but cannot access it. Does
anyone have a solution for this? TIA.

-Nate Carlson
 The Infinite Loop
 [email-masked]

---

From: "Stefan Bethke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 11:23:48 +0100

On Mon, 5. Jan 1998 16:33 Uhr -0600 "Nate Carlson"
<[email-masked]> wrote: 
> I applied the patch I found, and routing was

You probably will need to tweak afpd to bind to a specific address and run
two afpd's on the machine, one for each interface.

Specifically, you'll need an additional option in etc/afpd/main.c:main() to
specify the address to bind to, and a call to a modified version of
atp_open().

In the modified version of libatalk/atop/atp_open.c:atp_open(), instead of
initializing the sockaddr_at to *_ANY values, initialize the address to the
one given by the caller.

Hope this helps,
Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke
Promo Datentechnik      |  Tel. +49-40-851744-18
+ Systemberatung GmbH   |  Fax. +49-40-851744-44
Eduardstrasse 46-48     |  e-mail: [email-masked]
D-20257 Hamburg         |  http://www.Promo.DE/