Subject: [netatalk-admins] afpd IP access fails for guest

From: Geoff Ghose <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:56:01 -0600

I'm having a rather strange problem.  I set up a pub directory that is
accessable by both anon-ftp
and guest AppleShare IP login.  When I (locally) try guest access
everything works fine.
However, when a colleague in Germany tries, he gets connection refused
messages, and I on
the server get:

Feb 10 07:20:56 focus afpd[6653]: refused connect from
sts.sfb.uni-tuebingen.de
Feb 10 07:20:56 focus afpd[6653]: dsi_getsess: Unknown error

He has no problems with anon-ftp to the same directory. (So it's not a
permission or obvious
Internet problem).

Running atalk-1.4b2asun17 with RH 4.2.

Did I have a configuration problem, or is this a bug? HELP.
--
*************************************************************************

        Geoff Ghose
        Div. of Neuroscience            One Baylor Plaza S603
        Baylor College of Medicine      Houston, TX 77030
        (713) 798-3277                  Fax:(713) 798-3282

        Internet:  [email-masked]
                           [email-masked]
         http://focus.neusc.bcm.tmc.edu/~geoff

        PGP key: http://focus.neusc.bcm.tmc.edu/~geoff/pub-pgp-key

        And what is more, I agree with everything I have just said.
   - Piet Koornhoff

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 11:19:09 -0800 (PST)

it looks like you're running with tcp wrappers enabled and aren't
allowing connects from the above host. if you want to enable access,
you'll need to add an afpd line to hosts.allow.

update to a18.2 as it has some fixes and new features.

-a