Subject: [netatalk-admins] application sharing

From: rob newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 12:50:21 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

I think I'm missing something obvious here, and would appreciate
some help.

If I mount a volume with an application on it, (e.g. SimpleText),
and run the app, and then from another Mac mount the same volume
and try to run the same app, I get the dialog:

  The application program "SimpleText"
  could not be opened, because it is in use.

Is this behaviour a "feature" of Netatalk or Mac fileservers in
general, or is something misconfigured on my server?

Many thanks,
Rob

       Rob Newton
       School of Psychology          E-mail:  [email-masked]   
       University of Queensland      Phone :  +61 7 3365 6713      
       Australia, 4072               Fax   :  +61 7 3365 4466

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 21:19:35 -0800 (PST)

simple... you need to set the shared bit on the mac side. this can be
accomplished in 2 ways (that I can think of off the top of my head) one
Resedit and Snitch. all you need to do in Resedit is get info (from
within) and check the box, Snitch if you have it installed all you do is
get finder info and flip the shared box. 

Shawn Cupples
South Eugene High School
(541) 687-3122