Subject: [netatalk-admins] Problem with Solaris and Printing

From: Jason Cole <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 10:45:40 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,
	
	I have netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2 setup on my Sun Ultra-Sparc 1
and I am trying to print to a ps printer through an HP JetDirect EX print
server.  The problems are that the ps printer is not an HP.  I followed
the directions from HP about how to set up a non-hp printer, and that
seems to be fine - I can lpr directly to the printer.  I also know that
some parts of netatalk are correct because I can file share through the
chooser no problem.

	When I select the printer in the chooser, it sets up the printer
just fine, but when I send a print job to it, I get the following error on
the mac client.  Has anyone seen this before?  Any suggestions?  And, if
someone could send a quick thumbnail sketch of what files are hit when
during a print request to a solaris 2.6 machine with a fake /etc/printcap?

Thank you in advance,

Jason Cole
Systems Analyst
Department of Neurology	
The University of Chicago

[email-masked]