Subject: [netatalk-admins] Chooser crashes repeatedly [more info]

From: Mark Stosberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 23:10:35 -0500 (EST)

Hello!

 I have this odd probably relating to netatalk (although it could be in my
MacOs) in which I can see my server in the chooser, but when I click on it, the
chooser freezes, locking the OS. This happens consistently.  Oddly, I have
connected to my server before, and can consistenly access the server through the
"recent servers" menu. Here's my environment:
  FreeBSD 2.2.6
  netatalk-1.4b2
  MacOS 8.1
  I'm connected via ethernet. 

****NEW INFO***-> 
this message appears on the FreeBSD terminal each time:
afpd[14509]:afp_die: asp_shutdown: operation timed out
***************

Any ideas on preventing the chooser from locking up? 

Besides this problem, I'm very happy with Netatalk (it's much faster than CAP)
and I'm excited it's been developed as freeware.

-mark stosberg
http://summersault.com/mark