Subject: [netatalk-admins] User can't save files

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 15:17:02 EDT

Hi,

I am having trouble with netatalk-102797 and not being able to save
files.  One particular can't save any files to the /www partition of
the disk.  The error he gets is first "unknown error", which is
followed by "you don't have enough privileges to delete" or something to that effect.  If he
tells it to continue, the file shows up as size zero (i.e. it deletes
all the info in the file, but doesn't replace it).  When we just tried
saving a file with a new name, the error was "Appleshare access
denied", though the file was still created with a size of zero.  

I don't really think this is a permissions problem, since he can ftp
files to the same directory with no problems.  Also, netatalk to his
home directory works just fine.  However, following a symbolic link
from his home directory to the /www partition still leads to the
strage errors. 

Does anyone have any ideas what I did wrong?  I have my own account
set up exactly the same way (I think), and it works fine for me.

If it matters, the machine is running Solaris 2.5.

Thanks

Dave

-- 
David A. Schneider			Dept. of Linguistics
[email-masked]			46 E. Delaware
[email-masked]			Newark, DE 19716
http://www.cis.udel.edu/~dschneid	tel. (302) 831-8203