Subject: [netatalk-admins] MacOS 8.5

From: Magnus Stenman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 19:02:17 +0100

Anyone seeing hung macs when trying to copy stuff from
netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.0a to MacOS 8.5, OT 1.3 ?

/magnus

---

From: Lars-Gunnar Persson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 23:53:14 +0100

I experienced the same with my G3 with MacOS 8.5. Any solutions?

Lars-Gunnar Persson

---

From: Neil McAllister <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 15:08:04 -0800

>> netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.0a to MacOS 8.5, OT 1.3 ?

Whereas I'm running OS 8.5 on a 4400 and am experiencing no problems, at
least not in terms of the Mac freezing.  My netatalk server tends to drop
connections at random, but that was before OS 8.5 as well.

Maybe more info -- what type of network are you on?  What type of files do
you experience problems with?  When do they freeze up (right away, a few
megs in, etc.)?

--
Neil McAllister, Systems Administrator
Primo Angeli Inc., San Francisco, CA, USA
http://www.primo.com  mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Nico Lumma <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 00:37:19 +0100

Hi,

yes, that happened to me, too. An older version of netatalk 1.4b2 + asun
worked well...

Nico

>netatalk 1.4b2+asun2.1.0a to MacOS 8.5, OT 1.3 ?

...Linux _is_ user friendly..
                 - it's just selective about its friends