Subject: [netatalk-admins] some questions about papd (solaris)

From: Trampus Romano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 13:35:34 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi to all,
  
   I'm trying to use netatalk on Sparc solaris 2.5.1. I've compiled and 
shared directories without any (particular) problem. But I meet some 
troubble with papd:

1) my system, at now, has not lpd, and, in general, I don't need to share 
printers via tcp/ip. I know this is the main problem, because papd spool 
to the lpd deamon...
2) I would like papd saves the job in a file (I look to lp.c and the file 
'tfname' generated in that file could be ok). At this point I would like 
papd to fork to another process, passing the filename. The new programs 
will have to delete the spool file after doing something (e.g.: 
filtering, counting and printing) (samba does somethink like that - and 
this is the reason it would be  nice: I use the same system in both spooler).

I tryed to do this by myself but..... somethink wrong... :-((

Bye,

Romano Trampus