Subject: [netatalk-admins] Type/Creator codes with spaces

From: Dave Makower <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 17:28:42 -0400

On the Solaris drive that I mount remotely via netatalk, I'd like to have
'.zip' files automatically default to the type 'ZIP ' and creator 'ZIP '.
Note the spaces in the type/creator codes.  It seems that the AppleVolumes
file is "space-insensitive", considering any whitespace to be a delimiter.
Is there a way to make it interpret the whitespace as part of the type or
creator code?  Using single-quotes, double-quotes, or backslash escapes
doesn't seem to work.

+-------------------+-----------------------+-------------------------+
|   Dave Makower    |   [email-masked]  |  Internet Technologist  |
+-------------------+-----------------------+-------------------------+
|     Co-author of "Java Programming Basics" (Henry Holt/MIS:Press)   |
|                 http://www.pencom.com/javabasics/                   |
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+
|   Pencom Web Works               |   (212) 513-7777   voice         |
|   40 Fulton St.                  |   (212) 513-1014   fax           |
|   New York, NY  10038            |   http://www.pencom.com/         |
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+