Subject: [netatalk-admins] Appleshare over IP

From: Timothy Knox <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 11:10:12 -0500

I have a question which I have not seen raised in the two weeks or so I 
have been reading this list, so I hope it is NOT a FAQ (though if it is, 
please point me to the FAQ).

I am running netatalk on a Linux box, and would love to be able to access 
my AppleShare volumes over TCP/IP (ie, from the office, to reach into my 
home volumes). Does netatalk support this? I have tried clicking on the 
"Server IP address" button in the chooser, and entering the IP for my 
Linux server, but I get a "no response from server" error message.

If this is not currently supported, are there plans to support it soon? 
And if so, are beta sites needed?

Many thanks for your assistance and patience.

Timothy Knox  -- [email-masked]  -- [email-masked]  -- [email-masked]
          Visit the MacHack web site! -- <http://www.machack.com>
    "War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Windows is an Operating System."
DNRC Holder of Past Knowledge, and Chief Torturer & Lord High Executioner 
to People Who Use Words Like Productize

---

From: Vivek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 11:01:51 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Timothy Knox wrote:

[snip] 
> Linux server, but I get a "no response from server" error message.

The asun version of netatalk should do what you want - it's availabale
from ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu:/public/asun, iirc, and does appleshareip.

-- 
By doing just a little every day, you can gradually let the task
completely overwhelm you.