Subject: [netatalk-admins] Problems Compiling Netatalk/asun on Solaris 2.5.1

From: "Jonathan R. Wilner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 11:42:38 -0500 (EST)

I have had no trouble compiling regular Netatalk 1.4b2 (not asun) on
Solaris 2.5.1 (gcc or cc), but the asun is crashing trying to build auth.c
with DES support. It is reporting that there is an undefined symbol,
DES_ENCRYPT .

Has anyone else run into this problem? I have the latest libdes installed,
so I can't figure this out. I would really like to have the DES support,
as we run Kerberos 5, so the Mac Kerberos stuff doesn't seem to work.

Speaking of that, has anyone gotten the Mac Kerberos UAMs to work with
Kerberos 5? It seems like if the Kerberos 5 runs with Version 4 support,
it should work.  Unfortunately, I haven't ever really found any
documentation on how to properly configure any of them.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan Wilner
Delaware Investment Advisers
Philadelphia, PA

[email-masked]

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Feb 1998 07:42:38 -0800

>>>>> On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 11:42:38 -0500 (EST), "Jonathan R. Wilner" <[email-masked]> said:

Jonathan> Speaking of that, has anyone gotten the Mac Kerberos UAMs to
Jonathan> work with Kerberos 5? It seems like if the Kerberos 5 runs
Jonathan> with Version 4 support, it should work.  Unfortunately, I
Jonathan> haven't ever really found any documentation on how to
Jonathan> properly configure any of them.

Yes, I've gotten it to work with the current MIT releases.  It took a
while to get it done, but I managed.  You can compile the afpd with
-lkrb4 from the current MIT package and run an MIT KDC and it should
work ok...

-- 
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."