Subject: [netatalk-admins] PostScript file corruption

From: [email-masked] (Lee Blevins)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 18:21:13 -0500

I asked this question before but I now have some new information.

I can write a postscript file to disk on a Mac, and then rip it with my
Scitex PS/M rip. If I copy that file to a netatalk+asun vol it errors in
the rip. If I copy it back to my local hd, it still errors.

Something has been changed in the file. What are the settings in
AppleVolumes.system that will prevent this from happening?

I really want to use Netatalk in a production environment but this is a
serious deal breaker. Data being altered in a file is to scary for me to
proceed. 

Are there other config files that would effect this?

---

From: Paul Krohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 98 20:59:12 -0800

My first guess naturally relates to cr/lf translation. have you checked 
the file type and creator of a PostScript file, and made sure that you 
have an entry in AppleVolumes.system to corecty set this? the default 
AppleVolumes.system doesn't have an entry for .ps files (and also isn't 
world readable by default).

>Are there other config files that would effect this? 

Paul Krohn
San Francisco Examiner - Systems Department
110 Fifth Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
415-777-7884 [email-masked]