Subject: [netatalk-admins] 1.4b2+OS8 patch & file assistant sync

From: Tan Chee Weei <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 17:16:14 +0900

I am currently running Netatalk 1.4b2 with the long filenames and Mac OS8
patches.  I have noticed that when I mount a volume from the file server
from a OS 8.1 client and make use of Apple's file assistant software to
perform file synchronisation between a local folder and one on the server,
file assistant encounters a -50 error when trying to remove a folder
or file on the server.

Possibly related: when moving files or folders from the server volume to the 
client's trash, it says it can't store the file/folder in the trash and asks
if 
it is ok to delete it immediately.

Anyone experienced similar problems?  Is there a fix to these problems
for Netatalk 1.4b2?

Thanks.

CW

---

From: Patrik Schindler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 14:35:33 +0200

>patches.

Huh? Which long filename patch? Have I missed something?

I have noticed that when I mount a volume from the file server
>Anyone experienced similar problems?  Is there a fix to these problems

If a netatalk-volume is spread over more than one unix-mount-point and you try to delete or move a file beween mount points, you (and I) 'll get this error. The original 1.4b2 doesn't show this behaviour as far I can remember.

:wq! PoC