Subject: [netatalk-admins] HELP: Error -23 when copying?

From: Jonathan Benson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:22:33 +1000

I now have 2 users who can't copy to my public netatalk share who get
the wonderfully descriptive error of "-23"

They are, however, able to do a "Save As..." to the share and in the
case of one user was able to copy in to some folders on the share but
not others.

This all has me quite confused.  :-(

The only description I've been able to find of this is:
-23             Driver not opened for requested read write

Any better ones would be most welcome.

Would I be correct in assuming this is a problem with the client and
perhaps means it needs a re-install of it's OS?  Anyone who's done this
knows why I don't just want to jump in and do so.

Has anyone else come across this problem (or similar) and determined a
cause?

Thanks,
             Jonathan

--
Jonathan Benson B.Eng. (Soft Sys Hon) <[email-masked]>
Systems Administrator, Phoenix Magazines, Phone: +61 3 9696 7200
http://www.phoenixmags.com.au