Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] A little more info on my 5.0 + netatalk problem...

From: Dave Zarzycki <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 98 09:35:15 -0800

On 1/19/98 7:37 AM, Jeff Wiegley ([email-masked]) wrote:

>I'm not a PAM wizard but this crops up in the /var/log/messages file
>when a netatalk login attempt fails...
<...snip...>
>Jan 19 07:28:19 server pam[457]: unable to 
>dlopen(/lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so)
>Jan 19 07:28:19 server pam[457]: [dlerror: /lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so: 
>undefined symbol: crypt]
<...snip...>
>Does this help anybody figure out what I did wrong?

You need to recompile against the new version of PAM included with 5.0

davez

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave Zarzycki                                Student
Intern                                       San Jose State University
Apple Computer, Inc.                         [email-masked]
[email-masked]                           [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PGP Fingerprints (RSA):  8AF2 1040 8A9C D025  47BE 70DD A51C C887
DSS/Diffie-Hellman: CB9E 2621 B4BA 3F96 3516  B312 15B4 D842 3809 EF99
Contact pgpkeys.mit.edu for my public keys.