Subject: [netatalk-admins] dumb questions

From: "david bernick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 18:28:01 -0500

silly question. i realize that one can limit who can login (via telnet) on a
machine via a /etc/securetty file. if i (foolishly, i know) want to login
(via netatalk) to a *NIX box as root, how can i go about doing that?

dave

---

From: Yuji Shinozaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 18:05:26 -0500 (EST)

Short version:

What does "rtmp_packet interface mismatch" from atalkd mean? 

Long version:

I am running netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.1 on SPARC Solaris 2.5.1 on an 
isolated network. There are no other seed routers that can be seen 
by our machines.  This is a recent development: we are isolating 
ourselves from a campus network.   To provide ourselves zones, I am 
running netatalk on the server with this atalkd.conf:

le0 -router -phase 2 -net 0-5 -addr 1.198 -zone "Physics" -zone "PhysicsAdmin"

[ I set all these values except the -addr; I originally tried using a
different net range (311-312) with poor results, seems to me that you have
to have a seed router covering the 0-1 range for things to work properly ]

Everything seems fine now except that my syslogs are filling with the
following messages (upwards of 50 per minute):

Dec 30 17:51:01 titus atalkd[153]: rtmp_packet interface mismatch

What to do, what to do? Ignore them by raising the syslog threshhold?

More generally, is there a catalog and/or explanation of netatalk error
messages...?

Thanks in advance!

yuji
----
Yuji Shinozaki		        Systems Administrator
[email-masked]	        Dept of Physics and Astronomy
http://www.physics.unc.edu      Univ. of North Carolina - CH
(919)962-7214 (voice)           CB 3255 Philips Hall
(919)962-0480 (fax)	        Chapel Hill, NC  27599