Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk server munging GIFs and JPGs served by WebSTAR

From: "Drew Linsalata" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 20:44:51 -0500

11.9.98

Greetings all,

We're using 1.4b2 under FreeBSD 2.2.7 as a back end fileserver for a Mac web
server running WebSTAR.  FreeBSD is much better at handling FTP and disk
quotas, both of which are important to the project we are working on.

Everything seems to be working like a charm with one small exception.  Point
your browser at http://acmefruit.clearway.com and take a look at how GIFs
and JPGs are chewed up in the move from the FreeBSD box through WebSTAR and
to the client browser.  Grabbing the files via FTP and viewing them locally
shows no problems with the files themselves, and placing the files directly
on the WebSTAR box gets them served correctly.

Any good ideas as to what might be happening here?  We're patched with the
macos8 diff file and have configured the FreeBSD kernel to support netatalk
(obviously).

Any info would be most appreciated.  We're stumpped!

Drew Linsalata
EQUINOX Internet Services Corp
home of
MacConnect - Connecting the Mac OS to the World
http://www.macconnect.com

---

From: "Glenn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 13:16:06 +1100

Hi
Some of us have has similar problems. I actually haven't addressed my
problem (happening on linux), but I do remember noticing someone mentioned
something to do with the way neta-talk had been configured to handle cr/lf.
I know this is vague but hopes it gives you a starting point.
Glenn
-----Original Message-----
From: Drew Linsalata <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, 10 November 1998 12:06
Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk server munging GIFs and JPGs served by
WebSTAR