Subject: [netatalk-admins] FreeBSD 2.2.7 - stable - and netatalk strange problems bypassSTGspamstuff.

From: Capriotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 22:44:31 -0300

Hello. I am a newcomer, that has just finished borwsing the list archives
of 1998 w/o great success to the problems found.

The situation: 

P166 64 MB ram
FreeBSD 2.2-stable of october/1998 (first week)
netatelk 1.4b2 - precompiled package added to the out-of-the-box system
new kernel custom built to support appletalk.
Samba

The problem:

When I copy a file from a MAc station, from it's SCSI external Zip Drive, I
get an appearently corrupted file.

I say it is apearently corrupted because it will not open on any of the
PCs, w/ Win95 or 98. but it will still open in the Macs.

The contrary is often true: Files compressed using Winzip, when inflated
will not open in the Macs.

note that it does NOT HAPPEN with ALL hte files. Only SOME of the files
suffer of this.

I tryed changing the Mac's Os version from 8 to 7.5.x, but it was of no
help. The MAc where the Zip is connected does not have the iomega
extension; It has a guest file from iomega, similar to PCs.

I am clueless

Any hints ?

TIA.