Subject: [netatalk-admins] security question

From: "Achim Gosse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:24:55 +0100

Hello netatalk gurus,

i have some public netatalk resources on my linux box.
the problem is: evereyone on the net can mount the public volumes.
which port do i have to close on my router to deny access to the
netatalk/asun services?

thanks in advance,

achim

---

From: Michael M Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 09:45:51 -0800

Previously...
>which port do i have to close on my router to deny access to the

port 548. Of course, you can also enforce your policy at the server by
installing TCP Wrappers and compiling netatalk w/ wrappers support.
Then apply a deny all directive on port 548 and the allow local... See
the TCP wrappers man pages if you're interested.
_________
mike ([email-masked])
I am not certified to remove asbestos
 - The collected wisdom of Bart Simpson