Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk on RedHat 5.1 (same problems)

From: Harry Zink <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 01:56:04 -0700

>Netatalk 1.4b2 is broken, busted, buggy, and so on. Patch it massively
>or move to the Andrew Sun sourcetree (netatalk-1.4b2-asun)

Well, I installed the asun version of netatalk (1.4b2+asun.i386.rpm) and 
am having the exact same problems. Could be that this is a bad rpm we're 
all using - so where the location of the latest and most reliable version 
in rpm form)?

Harry

---

From: Albert Max Lai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 06:54:13 -0400 (EDT)

> >or move to the Andrew Sun sourcetree (netatalk-1.4b2-asun)

OK, I've been using netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2-oa1.rpm. On Intel RedHat
5.1 Linux without problems (well, not many of them). I'm not sure where
you can get it anymore except for from my machine.
<ftp://amlai3.ec.rhno.columbia.edu/pub/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2-oa1.rpm>
I haven't heard anyone yet has a problem with it. As far as the latest and
most reliable, I can't say, but I'd have to say that this particular
version has been holding up pretty well on the print servers here at
Columbia (as far as I know).
 
> all using - so where the location of the latest and most reliable version 

                                                 \\\|||///
                                                 |       |
                                                (  @   @  )
********************************************oooO****(_)****Oooo*********
* Albert Lai         SEAS Columbia University                          *
* Residential Computer Consultant                                      *
* e-mail: [email-masked]     http://www.columbia.edu/~aml61        *
*         [email-masked]     http://amlai3.ec.rhno.columbia.edu    *
* AOL:    [email-masked]                                            *
* 1018D East Campus                                                    *
* 411 W 116th St                                                       *
* New York, NY 10027                            .oooO                  *
* Ph: (212)853-4854                             (   ) Oooo.            *
*************************************************\ (  (   )*************
                                                  \_)  ) /
                                                      (_/