Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] NetaTalk-asun Problem with SMC switche.

From: anthonyj <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 98 00:09:01 -0000

This sounds like an MDI problem, or crossover. I had the same (it sounds 
like) problem with my 3Com switch and hubs. I'm still having problems 
printing and every so often the macs will crash with a file open and I 
have to go in and manually kick them off before they can reopen the 
document (ASIP server not netatalk).

>I looked into the archive about the 2g problem sorry for not doing it
>from the start.
>
>If someone could help with my switch problem it would be great.
>
>I have Redhat with NetaTalk-1.42b2+asun 2.0a18.2 it doesn't have the 2g
>volume problem. It works fine on my test network with one hub at home.
>But I can't get it to work right with the SMC switch the Macs are
>connected to at work . The file server is not connected directly to the
>switch. It is connected to a hub that is connected to the switch using
>the cascade port. The macs see the NetaTalk server on my Redhat 5.0 box
>with normal AppleTalk and IP but when I select the sever I get a no
>response from the sever. I'm stumped.
> 
> Any help would be great
> 
> Thanks
> 
> ran
> 
> RanTheMan
> 
> [email-masked]