Subject: [netatalk-admins] printer setup

From: Paul Krohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 98 12:04:24 -0800

While se're on the subject ...

I've had netalatlk up & running on solaris 2.6 for a little while - just 
for file sharing.

I'd like to attempt to  set up print spooling, but I have a problem in 
that i'm out of IP addresses, so i can't print using lpr. Is it possible 
to use pap?

i;ve created the following papd.conf:

more papd.conf

"Sloppy Copies Spool":\
        :pr=lp:op=mac:\
        :pd=/usr/local/atalk/lib/HP_LaserJet_4_Plus.ppd:

I tried to run printtool and it complains that there is no printer set up 
and says to see my system administrator. sigh. that's me. besides, won't 
that set up an lpr spool anyway?

the only printcap entries i can find are samples from the samba source 
distribution, and i couldn't make head or tail out of it.

I have: 
a LaserJet 4 Plus printer whose AppleTalk name is Sloppy Copies. 
A Sparc20 running netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0.

Help is much appreciated!

------------
Paul Krohn
San Francisco Examiner Systems Department
110 Fifth Street
San Francisco, CA  94103
415-777-7884
[email-masked] - www.examiner.com