Subject: [netatalk-admins] Child exiting with 1

From: "Chris Schwan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 12:10:38 -0800

Hi:    
    I have been trying to get Netatalk running on my machine and I have
finally gotten the server to start up, macs on my network can see it in the
chooser, and all that. Eventually tho, the clients cannot logon to the
server, so I have tried to restart the server and I get the following
message:

AppleTalk Not UP! Child exiting with 1

if I restart the machine then this process starts all over again.

thanks in advance.

---

From: Marc Matteo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 22:27:38 -0700

Chris Schwan wrote:

>     I have been trying to get Netatalk running on my machine and I
> have finally gotten the server to start up, macs on my network can see
> it in the chooser, and all that. Eventually tho, the clients cannot
> logon to the server

What version of netatalk are you using?  Any patches?  What OS?  Kernel
version?

Marc

--
Marc Matteo
Web Engineer, The Sacramento Bee
http://www.sacbee.com
"We're a newspaper, we don't actually own any bees."