Subject: [netatalk-admins] Simple "Network Trash Folder" question...

From: Philip Hallstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 15:35:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all -
	I'm wondering about the importance of the *name* "Network Trash
Folder".  What would happen if I renamed it (and the references to it in
the netatalk source) to, say ".Network_Trash_Folder".  This would remove a
bit of the clutter when I use the Unix shell.
	My initial thought is that it's doable since as long as the
netatalk server knows what's it's named I won't have a problem, but I'm
not sure.

Can anyone confirm this?  I know I could rebuilt the source, but I figured
I might get an easy answer :)

Thanks!

-philip

--
Philip Hallstrom                    
[email-masked]     Cendant Software Online Services
425.649.9800 x5738                   Cendant Software

---

From: Brian Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 98 15:48:51 -0700

In my environment (junior high school) there are certainly programs
such as FoolProof that know the name "Network Trash Folder" and handle
it specially.