Subject: [netatalk-admins] Sharing a CD-ROM drive with Netaltalk

From: Conrad Hagemans <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 15:26:41 +0100

Is there someone who has experiance with sharing a cd-rom player in a linux box with the
apple macintosh users?

How should this work?

The cd-rom is mounted as /cdrom in the root directory.

Please help.

Conrad Hagemans
[email-masked]

---

From: Geoff Ghose <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 09:31:16 -0600

> [email-masked]

 Yes you need the hfs (Mac file system) module. See
http://www-sccm.stanford.edu/~hargrove/HFS/

Then you can mount like this (an excerpt from my fstab):

/dev/scd6       /mnt/cdrom/ToolboxAssist hfs    ro,afpd 1 1

and export via netatalk with

/cdrom/ToolboxAssist

in AppleVolumes.system
--
*************************************************************************
        Geoff Ghose
        Div. of Neuroscience            One Baylor Plaza S603
        Baylor College of Medicine      Houston, TX 77030
        (713) 798-3277                  Fax:(713) 798-3282

        Internet:  [email-masked]
                           [email-masked]
         http://focus.neusc.bcm.tmc.edu/~geoff

        PGP key: http://focus.neusc.bcm.tmc.edu/~geoff/pub-pgp-key

        And what is more, I agree with everything I have just said.
   - Piet Koornhoff