Subject: [netatalk-admins] Icon changing problems

From: Magnus Stenman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 19:18:33 +0200

I cannot change the Icon of the netatalk volume,
the mac just complains about not having enough
privileges... (I can do anything but change the icon...)

I *know* I succsessfully changed the icon in an earlier version of
netatalk+asun.

permissions look like this:
(the permissions are what netatalk set them to itself, from an empty
directory)

server root:
drwxrws---   5 epub     epub         1024 Sep 10 14:48 .
drwxr-xr-x   4 root     root         1024 Sep  9 20:37 ..
drwxrws---  50 epub     epub         1024 Sep 10 14:45 .AppleDesktop
drwxrws---   2 epub     epub         1024 Sep  9 21:00 .AppleDouble
-r--------   1 epub     epub            7 Apr  3 16:09 .passwd
-rwxrws---   1 epub     epub            0 Sep  9 21:00 Icon\r
drwxrws---   3 epub     epub         1024 Sep 11 19:02 Network\ Trash\
Folder

.AppleDesktop:
drwxrws---  50 epub     epub         1024 Sep 10 14:45 .
drwxrws---   8 epub     epub         1024 Sep 10 14:48 ..
-rw-rw----   1 epub     epub          268 Sep 10 14:44 .icon
...

.AppleDouble:
drwxrws---   2 epub     epub         1024 Sep  9 21:00 .
drwxrws---   8 epub     epub         1024 Sep 10 14:48 ..
-rwxrws---   1 epub     epub            0 Sep  9 20:55 .Parent
-rwxrwx---   1 epub     epub         3259 Sep 11 19:02 Icon\r

Strange enough, the Icon file gets created...

In my /etc/AppleVolumes.default I have:

/home/epub/rootdir/             T5Gate

1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2
and
pre-asun2.1.0-7a
give the same results.

/magnus