Subject: [netatalk-admins] 8.5, client freezes and AppleShare Client Setup Utility 1.0

From: Kadinger Andras <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 15:19:04 +0100 (CET)

I reported about my 8.5 AppleShare Client crashes yesterday.

It seems, replacing the 'tuned' AppleShare extension with an 'untouched'
one (currently from 8.1 though) made my client work again.

Sincerely,
Andras Kadinger
[email-masked]

---

From: Andras Kadinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 01:07:18 +0100

[Sorry about yesterday's rubbish; I sincerely don't know what caused
that to appear instead of this. I apologize.]

> one (currently from 8.1 though) made my client work again.

Wrong; it doesn't work reliably. I switched back to 8.1 for the time
being.

The strange thing is, another machine (7.6.1) started to have similar
symptoms. Is there a virus with these side-effects (servers unexpectedly
closing down, also my AppleTalk network is claimed to have gone)?

Sincerely,
Andras Kadinger
[email-masked]