Subject: [netatalk-admins] specifying zone for shared filesystem

From: Hal Sadofsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 09:35:19 -0800

I'm completely new to netatalk, but have it mostly working. 

I have a linux box which I wish to be able to serve files to a bunch
of macintoshes.    It is now doing this correctly (at least to one
at a time;  I have yet to test if I've correctly reset the maximum
number of connections from 5 to 20) except that I cannot make the
filesystem appear in the correct zone to the macintoshes.

Here is the end of  atalkd.conf (it's really all one line even though
I edited it for legibility here):

#       interfaces on a Sun.  It also causes atalkd to fail if other
#       routers disagree about it's configuration of le1.
#
eth0 -phase 2 -net 61140-61149 -addr 61147.249 -zone "UOnet" -zone \
"Arts & Sciences" -zone "Math" -zone "Chapman"

Here is Applevolumes.default:

# This file looks empty when viewed with "vi".  In fact, there is one
# '~', so users with no AppleVolumes file in their home directory get
# their home directory by default.
~
/var/tmp/mac "Noether Mac Exports"

and here is what I think is the relevant part of the init file that
starts atalk (I'm using redhat 5.0, so this file is
/etc/rc.d/init.d/atalk.init):

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
  start)
        echo -n "Starting AppleTalk services: "
        daemon atalkd
        nbprgstr -p 4 "${ATALK_NAME}:Workstation@Math"
        nbprgstr -p 4 "${ATALK_NAME}:netatalk@Math"
        daemon papd
        daemon afpd ${AFPD_NOCLR} ${AFPD_NOAFS} ${AFPD_NOKRB} ${AFPD_NOGUEST} \
                    -g ${AFPD_GUEST} -c ${AFPD_MAX_CLIENTS} -n ${ATALK_NAME}
        echo
        touch /var/lock/subsys/atalk
        ;;

The init file must be working, since I am successfully serving
/var/tmp/mac, but it ends up in the "UOnet zone rather than the
"Math" zone.

       Can anyone see what my problem is?

       Thanks,  Hal Sadofsky