Subject: [netatalk-admins] Solaris2.6 + netatalk+asun

From: Michael M Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 17:04:11 -0800

Hello all. I know that someone has an answer to this but I've never
been able to find it in the archives or FAQs (including the Solaris
FAQ). I'm *still* having trouble with the STREAMS module. Could
someone please clue me in on what I'm missing here? This is how far
I've gotten with the installation:

1) Get netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2 source
2) Get netatalk-971027 source
3) Compile netatalk-971027 with 'make'
4) Do a 'make kinstall' from netatalk-971027
5) Compile netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2 with -DNEW_STREAMS_MODULE in
the DEFS line of src_root/sys/solaris/Makefile
6) 'make install' from netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2

If anything up to this point is wrong, I'm open to corrections.
However, this much does seem to have been correct based on various
mails and FAQs and readmes I've read.

Anyway, even with this setup, I'm getting a message in syslog when
/etc/init.d/atalk tries to start up:
NOTICE: tpi_wput M_PCPROTO 0x9
atalkd seems to create a child process which hangs interminably. This
causes 'atalk start' to hang also, waiting for atalkd to finish up.

Any ideas on what I've done wrong or simply not done? I know there are
happy people with non-buggy Solaris STREAMS modules out there... I'd
be happy to summarize my results for the list (perhaps inclusion in
the Solaris FAQ).
_____
Michael Han ([email-masked])                     voice: (415) 502-7542
Interactive Learning Center Consultant                        (415) 476-4309
San Francisco, California 94143-0840                     fax: (415) 476-4653
Be nice to your mean streak; it's your only friend.