Subject: [netatalk-admins] chooser can't see the printer

From: Art Werschulz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 21:24:45 -0400

Hi.

System: Intel RedHat 5.0 Linux, kernel version 2.0.33.

I just installed the rpm version of netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2.
After firing up the atalk.init script, I was able to verify that a Mac
on our network could indeed mount my home directory as an AppleShare
volume.  This did not require me to do use an atalkd.conf file.

However, when I selected the LaserWriter 8 icon in the chooser, no
printers were selected.  This is despite the fact that there's a
PostScript printer connected to the Linux box.  From the
documentation, I was under the impression that a papd.conf file wasn't
necessary.  Is this the case?

To be on the safe side, I then created a papd.conf file with the
single line:

817 Corridor:pr=ps817:pd=/etc/atalk/ppd/HP4000.ppd:

making sure that the ppd file was in the location advertised.
However, it made no difference.  

Suggestions?  Thanks.

-- 
Art Werschulz (8-{)}   "Metaphors be with you."  -- bumper sticker
GCS/M (GAT): d? -p+ c++ l u+(-) e--- m* s n+ h f g+ w+ t++ r- y? 
Net: [email-masked] <a href="http://www.dsm.fordham.edu/~agw/">WWW</a>
Phone:   Fordham U. (212) 636-6325, Columbia U. (212) 939-7061