Subject: [netatalk-admins] lpd and netatalk

From: "Michael Mercier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 22:20:01 -0700

I have a sun running solaris with netatalk 1.3.  I am able to print to
an apple LaserWriter II NTX from the console but I was wondering if
there is a way to have lpd spool jobs to the LaserWriter?  I know the
sun is recieving the jobs from the client but I never get any output
from the printer, the job just disappears.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Mike

---

From: "Hitoshi Daikoku" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 17:12:35 +0000

> from the printer, the job just disappears.  Any help would be

 I have same experience with Michael. But I haven't solved this problem
too.

 I have a sun running with sunos4.1.4 with asun2.1.  My LaserWriter
II NTX-J is directory connected to sun's serial port. I can printed out
text
file and postscript file outputed from a2ps,textps and other. But I
couldn't
printed out from mac through papd. And also not be able to print out the
ps
file outputed by mac's LaserWriter8(PS file is transfer to sun by ftp).
It seems that these printer jobs is nomally done but LaserWriter didn't
output
the paper.

Does anyone know hot to solve this problem?

Regards,
Hitoshi