Subject: [netatalk-admins] asun2.1.0 available

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 18:27:46 -0700 (PDT)

i've just made available netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0 and the associated
diffs. here are the urls for your convenience:
  <ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/public/asun/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0.tar.gz>
  <ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/public/asun/2.0a18.2-2.1.0.diff.gz>
  <ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/public/asun/1.4b2-asun2.1.0.diff.gz>

the only difference between this and pre-13a is that i made sure to do
the source == destination rename check with macified names. unless you
want to pore through the diffs, i would just get the full source as
the diffs are both fairly large (100 - 200K vs. 300K source).

here's the full-blown list of what's in this version relative to
2.0a18.2:
	1) bug fixes galore --
	    renames should work correctly. 
	    PAM logins/password changing (non-Solaris) should work. 
	    configuration memory leak plugged
	    server:AFPServer@zone should show up as "server" in the
	      login sequence.
	    password setting toggle for randnum-only setups should
	      work. 
	    nbp de-registering of zoned names should work properly. 
	    zip multicast support should work better.
	2) nfs quota support is available
	3) added redhat sysv-style installation scripts.
	4) added single interface routing capabilities to atalkd. you
	   need to specify the -router flag for this to work.
	5) added pretty much the rest of the AFP2.0
           calls. MacOS 8.5's NavServices should work with afpd.  
        6) sped up ofork bits a little and used a hash table for ofork
	   names. 
	7) added a -nouservol for those who don't want ~/.AppleVolumes
	   files to be read.

now, it's off to ALS.

-a