Subject: [netatalk-admins] solaris again

From: "Warren H. Chang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 10:39:51 -0400 (EDT)

I had asked earlier about running netatalk ona  solaris 5.1 machine. I
originally have it setup and running, however I constantly get file
corruption.  I'm testing this mostly using jpgs and gifs, which on an
average of 5 transfers, 3 get corrupted somehow.  I am positive I disabled
CLRF translation and I used the netatalk-971027 version.  Aside from these
two, I have not put any patches, as I have not seen any that pertain to
this problem. The macs we use are MAC OS8, but I have yet to see any
dancing icons, etc. Is there a patch lurking somewhere that I don't know
about? Or does anyone maybe know what I can do to fix this, because aside
from CRLF and the new version, I am at somewhat a loss.

Second question, the mailing list said something about patch 104212-11 for
2.5.1 solaris machines running hme driver to fix the panic that happenes
when we stop netatalk.  I am unsuccessfully looking for this patch, can
someone point me in the right direction? (or is it already applied in the
netatalk-971027 version?)

Thanks a million
Warren

---

From: Glenn Dawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 09:32:34 -0700

>netatalk-971027 version?)

you can find 104212-11 at http://sunsolve.sun.com/sunsolve/pubpatches/patches.html#2.5.1-rec

<center>------

</center>

<center>"Nothing is as easy as it seems"

</center>

<center>Glenn Dawson - Network Administrator - Torrey Science
Corporation

[email-masked] - http://www.ax.com/members/gdawson