Subject: [netatalk-admins] On printing to an AppleTalk printer

From: SEBESTYEN Zoltan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 11:49:30 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

 I'm still having problems with printing to an Atalk printer via netatalk.
I can print from my netatalk server to the printers from command line and
the Macs know about the netatalk printer I created, but when I start a
print job from a Mac then the file to be printed arrives to the spool
directory and papd says the printer is being off-line and the printing
jobs stops there. Anyone have some suggestions what to do or could send me
a working example config file?

			Thanks in advance

---

From: Andras Kadinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 03:28:41 +0200

> a working example config file?

Do You use LPRng by any chance?

Can You print from the command line using lpr or using pap?

Sincerely,
Andras Kadinger
[email-masked]