Subject: [netatalk-admins] Some BIG problems with that asun RPM...

From: Harry Zink <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 22:32:50 -0800

Osma Ahvenlampi posted the information about the Red Hat RPM for asun's 
a18 available, so I grabbed it, and installed it on the machine I plan to 
use for benchmarkings.

Disaster!

While the install seemed to progress cleanly, and the machine showed up 
nicely on the network, there are some critical problems when copying 
files to it:

* When creating a new folder, I get the message "You can not create the 
folder 'FolderName' on the disk 'DiskName' because you do not have enough 
access privileges'. Yet, upon acknowledging the dialog box, it creates 
the folder... Go figure.

* When copying a folder into that area, it promptly takes ALL items from 
within that folder, and throws them all over the root of the user folder.

Needless to say, this ain't alltogether good, and wouldn't look good to 
the critical eyes of the IS execs that are already critical of Linux.

Damn! Any help?

Harry