Subject: [netatalk-admins] linux box doesn't appear in chooser

From: Doug Melniker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 16:02:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi. I installed Netatalk, and when i go to the chooser, it doesn't
appear. The first time I tried it, it DID appear, but then when I tried to
log in, it gave me an error, and didn't let me log in. Then it disappeared
never to be seen again :-(

I'm very new to all this.... so please, any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you very much!

Sincerely, 
 Doug Melniker

---------------------------------------------------------
Douglas Melniker
Systems Administrator
Center for Connected Learning and Computer-Based Modeling
Tufts University
www.ccl.tufts.edu

---

From: Ethan Benatan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 16:22:43 -0400 (EDT)

>>> "Doug" == Doug Melniker <[email-masked]> writes:

 Doug> Hi. I installed Netatalk, and when i go to the chooser, it
 Doug> doesn't appear. The first time I tried it, it DID appear, but
 Doug> then when I tried to log in, it gave me an error, and didn't
 Doug> let me log in. Then it disappeared never to be seen again :-(

Well, I blew it last time but I gotta start somewhere so I'll get back
on the horse.  What version?  Had this with and older version (not
asun, straight 1.4.2b3 I think it was- couldn't restart atalkd, it
kept failing- had to reboot the machine.  I could trigger this
behaviour by using an incorrect password.  Upgrade?

Ethan
_____________
Ethan Benatan       [email-masked]         http://www.pitt.edu/~ethan