Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Quark and netatalk problems...

From: "Eddie Irvine" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:06:54 +1000

Phillip wrote:
>One of my users opens a Quark file from the server.  After working on it
>for awhile, he goes to "Save" the file and is told the file cannot be
>found.
>
>Has anyone else run into this?
>

Yup. I think its to do with the lack of persistent DID's (or something
like that). Work is purportedly in progress with the a sun patches.
 
Only some programs exhibit this behaviour - ClarisWorks being 
another.
 
Just go to "Save As" instead of "Save" as an easy work
around -at least that is what I do with Claris Works.
  
Eddie.

---

From: Philip Hallstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 17:11:02 -0700 (PDT)

> like that). Work is purportedly in progress with the a sun patches.

I'll have to go look into that then...

> around -at least that is what I do with Claris Works.

Unfortunetely that doesn't work for Quark.  Something about how it saves
pieces of it's file in different places.  Anyway, my user tried that and
no luck.  The only work around was to copy the entire file (ie. Select
All, Copy) and Paste it into a new document.

Thanks! -philip