Subject: [netatalk-admins] server showing up in the chooser with IP?

From: [email-masked] (Emmanuel Dreyfus)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 14:18:05 +0100

Hello evrybody

In my /etc/services, I found the following lines:
at-rtmp         201/tcp                     # AppleTalk routing
at-rtmp         201/udp
at-nbp          202/tcp                     # AppleTalk name binding
at-nbp          202/udp
at-echo         204/tcp                     # AppleTalk echo
at-echo         204/udp
at-zis          206/tcp                     # AppleTalk zone information
at-zis          206/udp

When are those protocols used? As far as I know, it is not possible to
get the AppleShare servers showing up in the chooser with only IP
(without AppleTalk). Did I missed an important information?

Another question: I'm running Netatalk on a NetBSD 1.3.2 box, and I'm
looking for a way to encapsulate AppleTalk in IP between a MacOS client
and my NetBSD box. Is there any way to do this? 

-- 
Emmanuel Dreyfus.   
Il ne suffit pas de crier l'iMac, l'iMac! en sautant comme un cabri...
[email-masked]