Subject: [netatalk-admins] Printing problems under Solaris 2.6...

From: Dan Tremitiere <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:00:59 -0400

Hi,

I'm certain this is a stupid question, but I don't have a lot of time to
get this machine set up properly, so I'm going to risk asking it anyway.

My problem is this: I can't seem to get papd to find my printer.
Despite trying a host of different settings for the pr variable in
papd.conf, when papd tries to load, I get a syslog message which tells
me that there's no such printer.  The printer itself, for reference, is
a LaserWriter IINT connected to /dev/term/a, and the machine's an Ultra
10.  Printing works fine from Solaris.

Can anyone give me some pointers as to how exactly I should configure
the papd.conf file in this situation?

Thanks,

Dan Tremitiere
[email-masked]

---

From: Edan Idzerda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:42:01 -0400 (EDT)

> the papd.conf file in this situation?

    http://www.cec.mtu.edu/Doc/FAQ/netatalk.html

Cheers.

- edan