Subject: [netatalk-admins] Compiling the binaries

From: Kevin Chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 09:39:26 -0400

I'm trying to compile the binaries for netatalk + asun, but it keeps
coming up with files that are missing.  What other things do I need when
compiling this?  I've run into the problem where it could not find these
files:

tcpd.h
pam_appl.h
des.h

I think the system is running Solaris.

Kevin

---

From: Michael M Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 09:18:51 -0700

This is all stuff that's covered in the README files you received. You
should look at README, README.ASUN and README.SOLARIS (assuming you
are on Solaris). In any event, here's a quick recapitulations:

Previously...
>compiling this?  I've run into the problem where it could not find these

TCP wrappers support. If you plan to run the AppleShare IP features,
TCP wrappers are really good. They allow you to setup allow/deny on
your ASIP port. Solaris doesn't come with wrappers out of the box so
you have to find them, install them if they're not on your box, or
comment out wrappers support (though I wouldn't recommend this).

>pam_appl.h

PAM support. Solaris has PAM support but I've never gotten it to work
on my Solaris 2.6 box. Probably ought to comment it out.

>des.h

The DES library allows you to support Mac-default randnum and two-way
randnum passwords. It requires cleartext passwords be stored on the
Unix machines. If you want it, you'll need to get libdes, which also
won't be in a default Solaris install. Otherwise comment this out.

>I think the system is running Solaris.

You can find how and where to comment these out in the READMEs. Good
luck. If you're trying to install netatalk-1.4b2+asun-2.0a18.2 try taking
a look at http://www.cec.mtu.edu/Doc/FAQ/netatalk.html.
_________
mike ([email-masked])
I did not see Elvis
 - The collected wisdom of Bart Simpson