Subject: [netatalk-admins] Zone problems

From: "thomas.riewe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 14:25:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I got weird probs with Macs, not finding their zones.
The server uses four (4) NICs:

afpd.conf:
NetATalk -notcp -ddp -noguest

atalkd.conf:
eth1 -seed -phase 2 -net 49330 -addr 49330.100 -zone "satZart"
eth0 -seed -phase 2 -net 49331 -addr 49331.100 -zone "satZart"
eth2 -seed -phase 2 -net 49332 -addr 49332.100 -zone "satZart"
eth3 -seed -phase 2 -net 49333 -addr 49333.100 -zone "satZart"
(the order is changed for some reasons :-)

my start-script:
'start')

        echo 'starting appletalk daemons: \c'
        if [ -x /usr/local/ASun_NetATalk/sbin/atalkd ]; then
                /usr/local/ASun_NetATalk/sbin/atalkd;           echo '
atalkd\c'        fi

        if [ -x /usr/local/ASun_NetATalk/bin/nbprgstr ]; then
                /usr/local/ASun_NetATalk/bin/nbprgstr -p 4 `hostname|sed
's/\..*$//'`:Workstation
                /usr/local/ASun_NetATalk/bin/nbprgstr -p 4 `hostname|sed
's/\..*$//'`:netatalk
                                                echo ' nbprgstr\c'
        fi

#       if [ -x /usr/local/ASun_NetATalk/sbin/papd ]; then
#               /usr/local/ASun_NetATalk/sbin/papd;
echo ' papd\c'
#       fi

        if [ -x /usr/local/ASun_NetATalk/sbin/afpd ]; then
                /usr/local/ASun_NetATalk/sbin/afpd -c 23 ; echo ' afpd\c'
        fi

#       if [ -x /usr/local/ASun_NetATalk/sbin/timelord ]; then
#               /usr/local/ASun_NetATalk/sbin/timelord;         echo '
timelord\c'
#       fi

        echo '.'

        ;;

and there are 6 clients (Yes, -c 23 seems a bit much for them) with MacOS
7.5.? to 8.0

since today in segment eth3 (49333) the two (2) clients behind the HUB are
no longer abke to get their zone (in Control-Panel -> AppleTalk) and for
that reason not the server ...

This seems to be since on of them crashed and semmed to crash the other
one too.

One more Info: There's one MAC (ISDN) also filesharing:
                    ISDN MAC:AFPServer			49330.95:250
                    ISDN MAC:  Power Macintosh		49330.95:252
                    ISDN MAC:Workstation		49330.95:4

Anyone an Idea ???

Thank You in advance,
[email-masked]