Subject: [netatalk-admins] ?

From: Jonathan Michael Hawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 00:00:29 -0500 (CDT)

Can someone please point to me to some verifiably correct information on
the issue with Redhat 5.x and netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0.18 giving "No
response from server" messages?  I have really racked my brains on this
one and haven't found a dime of worthwhile information.  What's up?

Jonathan Hawkins
Distributed Support Services
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL  USA

----
Jonathan Michael Hawkins {} "If this is a crush, then I don't know
NUMB Altos 1996-????     {}  if I could take the real thing if it
OAS, AAS, LLS!           {}  happens..."  -- Kevin Smith, "Chasing Amy"
<mailto:[email-masked]> {}  <http://charlotte.acns.nwu.edu/spiritu>

---

From: Jonathan Michael Hawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 12:05:35 -0500 (CDT)

Okey-dokey...

So I was fortunate enough to get an extremely helpful suggestion from
Adrian Sun, and my problem was solved easily.  I had neglected to put
myself into my /etc/hosts file, which was screwing pretty much everything
up.  Add a line for me, and the problem went away.  Whoohoo!

Jon

----