Subject: [netatalk-admins] asun and standard diff?

From: mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 11:04:58 -0500

What is the difference in the standard Netatalk release/beta and the one 
that includes the asun material? I gather that it is something to do with 
different authentication routines?

If I do not require the use of additional authentication which version 
should I use? It seems that both have instructions to supply paths to 
keroboros stuff and the like.

Is the patch supplied for RH5.0 also required on 5.1?

Mike

--
Mike Wagner - A bad Dead show is better than a good day at work...
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

---

From: Marc Matteo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 08:19:03 -0700

The asun patches add all sorts of improvements, notably the ability to
connect to your server via TCP instead of AppleTalk (and therefore it's
a whole lot faster).

There's also support for PAM and support for DES and probably a gaggle
of bug fixes.

Don't bother with any RG 5.0 patches, though you may want/need to
comment out the section for DES in the top level Makefile if you don't
have the DES libs.

Marc

> ----------
> From: 	mike
> Sent: 	Thursday, September 17, 1998 9:04 AM
> To: 	Netatalk Admin
> Subject: 	[netatalk-admins] asun and standard diff?
>