Subject: RE: [netatalk-admins] Rhapsody

From: "William R. Dickson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:54:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Marc Matteo wrote:

> >Rhapsody was just the os's code name, so MacOS X Server *IS* rhapsody
> 1.0 renamed.
> 
> Not quite.
> 
> Rhapsody as it stands now is Appleified NextStep.  MacOX X is that whole
> "Carbon" based thingamabob that's a hybred of the best of OS 8 and
> NextStep/Rhapsody.

MacOS X is as you've described here; MacOS X Server is Rhapsody renamed,
without Carbon.  I'm not sure whether MacOS X Server will be discontinued
when MacOS X comes out next year.

-Bill

-- 
 William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968
 [email-masked]  <>  http://www.awenet.com/~wrd/  <>  VNB3T, VSC1T, VSX1T

     The question "reply to all recipients" should always be
     considered carefully before it is answered.