Subject: [netatalk-admins] install trouble

From: Paul Krohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 98 16:32:54 -0700

is this list active?

i hope so, i'm having a spot of trouble.

disclaimer: i know only enough to be dangerous!

I'd like to set up netatalk running on a linux box. currently, it's an 
x86, but soon it'll be replaced by an alpha, i hope. in any case, here's 
my story:

i downloaded a precompiled netatalk rpm from redhat, it installs fine but 
i can't log in: every time, i get a macos error message: connection to 
the server has unexpectedly ended' or something like that.

/var/log/messages isn't much help, just an entry noting that a child 
process has ended.

i tried downloading the complete asun source, but i can't get it to 
compile. this is frustrating - it worked a few months ago, now it dies 
complaining something in nfsauth.c. i have no nfs running on my network, 
and i can't think why i'd want to mount an nfs volume and re-export it as 
an appleshare volume anyway.

Paul Krohn
San Francisco Examiner - Systems Department
110 Fifth Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
415-777-7884 [email-masked]