Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Some questions

From: Harry Zink <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 09:28:01 -0800

>Basically, I'm still trying to track down the source of the "Server
>Unexpectedly Shut Down" messages I'm getting when running Retrospect
>backups to a netatalk shared server.

Try upgrading to Retrospect 4.1, which supports backup via ftp, and 
simply connect to your netatalk server via ftp, and back it up that way.

NOTE: I haven't actually done that, but extracted this from their specs 
and documentation of the update. Might elegantly eliminate this problem 
for you, though.

Harry

---

From: Jonathan Benson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 17:01:01 +1100

>From what I could tell by the information provided it only allows backups TO
an FTP server and not OF an FTP server??

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Benson B.Eng. (Soft Sys Hon) <[email-masked]>
Systems Administrator, Phoenix Magazines, Phone: +61 3 9696 7200
http://www.phoenixmags.com.au