Subject: [netatalk-admins] Corrupted Files?

From: Jonathan Benson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 14:40:55 +1100

I'm having troubles with Excel 5.0 documents suddenly appearing
corrupted.  If anyone can point me to a way to trace down the cause it
would be MOST appreciated.

Also any hints on recovering one of these damaged files would also be
appreciated as I haven't managed to get out and purchase tapes for the
DAT drive and hence a backup hasn't occurred for a week.  :-(

I've viewed the file in question and compared it to similar Excel files
and can't see any glaringly obvious differences so I'm hoping there may
be SOME way to recover the data.

Below is some snippets from my system log that MIGHT have something to
do with it?

Feb 27 09:52:03 primus afpd[29435]: flushfork: dfile Bad file descriptor

Feb 27 09:52:03 primus afpd[29435]: of_flush: Bad file descriptor
Feb 27 09:52:44 primus afpd[29435]: flushfork: dfile Bad file descriptor

Feb 27 09:52:44 primus afpd[29435]: of_flush: Bad file descriptor

Feb 27 09:55:57 primus afpd[29435]: flushfork: dfile Bad file descriptor

Feb 27 09:55:57 primus afpd[29435]: of_flush: Bad file descriptor
Feb 27 09:58:37 primus afpd[29435]: afp_write: ad_write: Bad file
descriptor
Feb 27 09:58:37 primus afpd[29435]: afp_closefork: ad_close: Bad file
descriptor

Feb 27 11:51:10 primus afpd[29435]: flushfork: hfile Bad file descriptor

Feb 27 11:51:10 primus afpd[29435]: of_flush: Bad file descriptor
Feb 27 11:52:32 primus afpd[29435]: afp_write: ad_write: Bad file
descriptor
Feb 27 11:52:32 primus afpd[29435]: afp_closefork: ad_close: Bad file
descriptor

Thanks,
             Jonathan