Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk-Can't log on

From: [email-masked] (Lee Blevins)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 06:23:26 -0500

I'm using FreeBSD 2.2.6
Intel H/W with PII 233
Adaptec 2940
Seagate Cheetah 4 gig
3Com 905

I have installed Netatalk 1.4b2, without the Asun patch.

I keep getting messages that I can't log in, try again later. If I
reboot the bsd box then it's ok.

This happens if I crash on the mac, turn it off and back on or even if
it's been off overnight.

Could this be my not logging off properly? Sometimes I just hit the
power button on the mac instead of shutting down.

Is there a simple solution to this? Is there some way I can go to the
bsd box and allow the user to log on without rebooting?

BTW, all my macs log on with the same user name and password, that's a
requirement of my Rampage ripping system.

---

From: Michael M Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 09:57:41 -0700

This sounds very similar to the solaris bug that was patched with
solariseagain.diff, but I thought the signal was pretty specific to
Solaris. Anyone else care to differ here? Basically, the child afpd
process closes with the signal EAGAIN under Solaris.

In any event, try just upping your number of concurrent sessions with
afpd (use the -c option when starting afpd). Just find the script that
starts afpd and add '-c 10' or somesuch. The default is 5, which is
pretty low.

Previously...
>requirement of my Rampage ripping system.
_________
mike ([email-masked])
I am not a lean mean spitting machine
 - The collected wisdom of Bart Simpson