Subject: [netatalk-admins] Lost files

From: SEBESTYEN Zoltan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 11:35:28 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

 I've got a FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE system + a netatalk-1.4b2 patched with
apfd-bfree/macos8. The problem is that from time to time (but VERY rarely)
a lot of files disappear.
 This system serves as a fileserver in a design studio for a lot of Macs
and a Win95 box(therefore there's also a SaMBa connection dancing around)
and I'd like to know if it's netatalks failure or some of the graphic
artists did something wrong.
 This BSD box has four 6G IDE harddisks, the first is split up to two DOS
slices from which the first slice is the former NT fileserver, the BSD is
installed on the second one. The remaining 3 HD's have only one partition,
respectively, they serve as storage disks for the studio.
 The people in the studio are in the way of filling the disks as much as
possible(may be netatalk doesn't like it?). 

				Thanks in advance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sebestyén Zoltán AKA Memphisto		It all seems so stupid,
					it makes me want to give up. 
[email-masked]		But why should I give up,
                                        when it all seems so stupid? 

MAKE INSTALL NOT WAR			And please avoid Necrosoft Widows