From: Albert Lai <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 23:13:22 -0500

>>
>> I just installed the upgrade to MacOS 8.1 and now my shared volumes are
>> doing the "skipping icons" thing. This was a problem with our NT server
>> and I had a lot of people convinced that Linux was way cooler because it
>> didn't do things like that (and because it is much faster). But as we get
>> ready to migrate towards 8.1 I will need to find a solution to this
>> problem. Anybody have any thoughts?
>
>Have you applied the "Dancing Icons" patches from umich (or have the latest
>asun)

I too am having the "Dancing Icons" problem. I have tried both the umich
patches and the asun ones, and I still have the problem. I am running
netatalk on RedHat 5.0 and MacOS 8.1 on the Mac. Not sure what's going on
on my machine. Haven't had the chance to try them on the stock MacOS 8
though. Any ideas? Thanks.

                                                 \\\|||///
                                                 |       |
                                                (  @   @  )
********************************************oooO****(_)****Oooo*********
* Albert Lai         SEAS Columbia University                          *
* Wien Residential Computer Consultant                                 *
* e-mail: [email-masked]     http://www.columbia.edu~aml61         *
*         [email-masked]     http://amlai.wien.rhno.columbia.edu   *
* AOL:    [email-masked]      5637 SW 38th St.                      *
* 601/2 Wien Hall                Topeka, KS 66610-1259                 *
* 411 West 116th St.             Ph: (913)273-6780                     *
* New York, NY 10027-7201                       .oooO                  *
* Ph: (212)853-7575                             (   ) Oooo.            *
*************************************************\ (  (   )*************
                                                  \_)  ) /
                                                      (_/