Subject: [netatalk-admins] Prob: Printing Binary PS

From: Lars <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:29:15 +0200

Okay, it's my turn now: I need help!  ;-)

Doesn't anybody else have printing problems with netatalk? I am having a few:
I am having a _very_ hard time printing files with enclosed binary files
(Xpress mit Photoshop EPS). PAPD accepts the job and then chokes.

Does anybody have a smooth solution? Setting the output methode to ASCII
(in the MAC programs) is not satisfying. Has A. Sun had a look at PAPD?
Your help is greatly appreciated.

It's a 2.0.35 kernel with an Apple Laser Writer 360 Select connected on lp1
and pre current netatalk version + asun patch ().

regards,
Lars

PS: Thanks to everyone for a smooth and well mannered mailing list!

[email-masked]
- secure mail prefered -

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 23:20:26 -0400

> From:    Lars <[email-masked]>
> To:      [email-masked]

> and pre current netatalk version + asun patch ().

Many people have problems printing binary to papd.  However, it sounds
like your problem is related to the filters you're using to send the
job to lp1.  Do non-EPS jobs print?  Can you print from Unix?  Are you
using LPRng?

:wes