Subject: [netatalk-admins] Solaris 2.6 - almost there

From: [email-masked] (William P. McGonigle)
Date: 22 Jan 98 13:10:28 EST

The umich n-971027 version starts up properly on my ethernet interface (still
not luck with FDDI) and afpd runs well as long as there is activity. 

If I'm idle, though, it drops the connection after a couple minutes.

The asun18.1 versions compiles well, too (using the new streams option), but
atalkd freezes as it starts up.

Has anyone gotten netatalk working reliably on Solaris 2.6?

-Bill

---

From: John Fulmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 10:48:52 -0600

> Has anyone gotten netatalk working reliably on Solaris 2.6?

I have the stock netatalk on our Solaris 2.6, but it's only supporting
one user...

jf

-- 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ John Fulmer                   | "UNIX was not designed to stop     +
+ Secure Network System         |  you from doing stupid things,     +
+ Lawrence, Kansas              |  because that would also stop you  +
+                               |  from doing clever things."        +
+ [email-masked]           |                                    + 
+ http://www.iegroup.com        |                     -- Larry Wall  +
+   "The opinions contained above may not reflect those of SNS"      +
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++