Subject: [netatalk-admins] [[email-masked]: Solaris2.6 problems (mac problem?)]

From: Mark Luntzel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 10:27:54 -0800

Hi -
    
I've tried grep'ing the archives to no avail.

I keep getting "the file "foo" couldn't be read, because it cannot be found.
Do you want to continue copying?" then I press the continue button and then
the file doesnt copy, neither mac -> solaris or solaris -> mac works. I'm
using 1.4b2 with related patches applied.

Hopefully I havent just overlooked something in the FAQ. the permissions on
the dir are 777 and are in the same group as the connecting user. 

any help with this would be great, thanks.
----- End forwarded message -----

---

From: "Paul J. Menchini" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 18:23:53 -0400 (EDT)

> the dir are 777 and are in the same group as the connecting user. 

I saw this problem when I when from MacOS7.x to 8.  If you're running OS8,
get the OS8 patches from umich.

Paul

-- 
Paul Menchini          | [email-masked] | "Every damn thing is your
Menchini & Associates  | www.mench.com   |  own fault if you're any
P.O. Box 71767         | 919-479-1670[v] |  good."
Durham, NC  27722-1767 | 919-479-1671[f] |       -- Ernest Hemingway