Subject: [netatalk-admins] Case woes...

From: Alexander Katsnelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 18:05:42 -0500

Hello,

   I was wondering if there is a way to make netatalk case insensitive.  I
have some presentations running of the netatalk server and there are having
a tough time finding their files.  The presentations have been created for
the Mac, and as we all know, mac is not case sensative.  Also, can someone
tell me where I can find some documentation for netatalk.  In particular,
all the different options for configuring the server.

Thanks!!

------------------------------
Alexander (Sash) Katsnelson
[email-masked]
Work:(416) 650-8011 ext 4
Alt :(416) 736-2100 ext. 70382
Fax :(416) 736-5404
------------------------------

---

From: Andras Kadinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 03:27:56 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Alexander Katsnelson wrote:
>    I was wondering if there is a way to make netatalk case insensitive. 
> I have some presentations running of the netatalk server and there are
> having a tough time finding their files. The presentations have been
> created for the Mac, and as we all know, mac is not case sensative. 

About a month before, I had some discussion about a directory-catalog
scheme with Adrian for the same purpose; he left the discussion saying, he
wants to look for other options than the ones I suggested. 

Adrian, what happened to this idea?

> Also, can someone tell me where I can find some documentation for
> netatalk.  In particular, all the different options for configuring the
> server.

I would recommend to try to man afpd, or look into afpd.conf - Adrian has
provided practical explanations of the options available.

Sincerely,
Andras Kadinger
[email-masked]