Subject: [netatalk-admins] solaris netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a17.2 setup question

From: "J. Stenberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 10:39:56 -0600 (CST)

Hello.

I have a solaris Ultra AX running Solaris 2.5.1 with
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a17.2 running on it.  Everything has worked fine
with little need for configuration beyond the default.

However, this syetm has been disconnected from the world until now.  When
I attempt to connect it to the world (the LAN to the WAN) the system
crashes.  Why do I think it's a netatalk issue?  There are some indicaters
in my var/adm logs that indicate some problems with afpd and atalkd.

So, I have a working LAN with many macs on it running netatalk just fine.
I plug the wire from the router into the hub and very shortly thereafter
my whole world comes crashing down.  The wire from the router has good
(not evil) coming through it since I am using it right now (hooked
directly to a mac).

So here' the early sign of trouble:

Jan  8 11:54:33 pequod atalkd[166]: rtmp_packet: can't remove loopback: No
such file or directory
Jan  8 11:54:35 pequod atalkd[166]: looproute panic two routes
Jan  8 11:54:35 pequod atalkd[166]: zip_packet: can't route 2511.3 to
loopback: Resource temporarily unavailable
Jan  8 11:54:35 pequod atalkd[166]: ap->ap_packet: Resource temporarily
unavailable

This is just a few minutes before the collapse and likely after I plugged
the router connection into the hub.

Here is the dialog of the crash itself:

Jan  8 11:57:55 pequod unix: BAD TRAP: cpu=0 type=0x31 rp=0x301d1570
addr=0x0 mmu_fsr=0x0
Jan  8 11:57:55 pequod unix: afpd: trap type = 0x31
Jan  8 11:57:55 pequod unix: pid=178, pc=0x1005b858, sp=0x0,
tstate=0x301d160000000099, context=0x1e05
Jan  8 11:57:55 pequod unix: g1-g7: 0, c363d9, 1005217c, 560, 0, 0,
502c04c0
Jan  8 11:57:55 pequod unix: Begin traceback... sp = 301d1600
Jan  8 11:57:55 pequod unix: Called from 50522134, fp=301d1660,
args=504e3d38 50538422 ffffffff 504e3d38 5047c4c8 5047c460
Jan  8 11:57:55 pequod unix: Called from 505203bc, fp=301d16d0,
args=50173e00 505382d0 505eb88c 5007fe60 7 34b512ed
Jan  8 11:57:55 pequod unix: Called from 50522eb0, fp=301d1748,
args=50173e00 505382d0 50160530 1 0 50538489
Jan  8 11:57:55 pequod unix: Called from 5052280c, fp=301d17c8,
args=5016052c 501604d0 50160518 0 241022 9
Jan  8 11:57:56 pequod unix: Called from 50521304, fp=301d1838,
args=504e2120 501604d0 502c04c0 5016053c 50160518 24
Jan  8 11:57:56 pequod unix: Called from 1002d5f0, fp=301d18a8,
args=504e2120 501604d0 50533f40 10001 505212bc 5015f9a8
Jan  8 11:57:56 pequod unix: Called from 1008e5b0, fp=301d19c8, args=0
50533f40 301d1a28 0 50533f8c 3
Jan  8 11:57:56 pequod unix: Called from 1008e0e4, fp=301d1a40,
args=504cf328 301d1b08 2 301d1aa7 301d1aa0 504c6b2c
Jan  8 11:57:56 pequod unix: Called from 100521e8, fp=301d1aa8,
args=504cf328 301d1b08 efffda80 0 ffffe000 efffdda0
Jan  8 11:57:56 pequod unix: Called from 1002b94c, fp=301d1b10, args=1
301d1b70 efffd708 0 1042dd94 504cf2c0
Jan  8 11:57:56 pequod unix: Called from ef787e08, fp=efffd640, args=1
efffd7a4 efffd708 0 ef5f35b8 3dccc
Jan  8 11:57:56 pequod unix: End traceback...
Jan  8 11:57:56 pequod unix: panic[cpu0]/thread=0x502c04c0: trap

Of course there is a big clue in here since it also mentions afpd.

I humbly admit it is my inexperience that is at work here (and quite
possibly the true evil).  Please help.

I will go into the archives and search for an answer as well.  I know
people keep mentioning the SOlaris Kernel thingy: ask for it, but I don't
know who to ask.  Oh yeah, I should mention I am using a version of
Solaris 2.5.1 from last april with no patches.  I know I should get the
suggested patches but I have delayed since I am unconnected to the world.
Perhaps this is another clue for the helpful.

Regards,

-jarrod

--                                   --
Jarrod P. Stenberg                   [email-masked]
612.646.6427                         www.visi.com/~jarrod
612.901.6650                         www.denizen.net

"What the hell are you doing in my canoe!?" - Dubliner bar