Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk and redhat 5.0

From: Max de Mendizabal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 12:01:51 -0500

Hi everybody,
	As many of you knew, in the new release of RedHat 5.0 were introduced the
GNU's libc. This change has been difficult for many applications, one of
them is netatalk.
	I am tried to rebuild the redhat package found in ftp.redhat.com, and I
succeed, however I have a slight bug: if a mac user logins and do a mistake
with his/hers password, netatalk stops working. And I have to kill all the
netatalk processs in order to correct this situation. However this problem
does not happen with RedHat 3.0.3 (picasso) and the same version of netatalk.
	If anybody want to see my "patchwork" for RH 5.0, it can be found in
ftp://ftp.acer.com.mx/pub/redhat/localcontrib/netatalk-1.4b2-lorax4.src.rpm
or, if you want, in the same directory are the binaries in rpm format.

Any ideas on resolving this anoying bug?

Yours
Max

---

From: Harry Zink <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 11:41:28 -0800

>Any ideas on resolving this anoying bug?

I'd say installing the netatalk+asun_a18...e etc rpm found in the 
hurricane/controb directory on redhat.

I've got that running, and it works just peachy fine.

Harry