Subject: [netatalk-admins] berkeley db?

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 16:46:16 -0800 (PST)

hi all,

i'm curious about which of the supported netatalk machines have the
berkeley db library installed by default. i know it's on linux and
*bsd, but i don't know about the rest (sunos, solaris, and ultrix).

-a

---

From: Palle Girgensohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 01:12:53 +0100

> *bsd, but i don't know about the rest (sunos, solaris, and ultrix).

Hi!

On Solaris (2.6), nbdm is the preferred installed db-library. There is
also dbm from SunOS. I have never seen any references to Sun supporting
Berkeley DB. I don't think Sun has ever used it, though I have not
worked with Solaris specifically for very long. 

There are, of course, ports of Berkeley DB v2.x, but that's beside the
point, right?

Hope this helps...

Keep up the good work!

/Palle