Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] How to work with SAMBA?

From: [email-masked] (William P. McGonigle)
Date: 27 Nov 98 11:13:44 EST

--- Magnus Stenman wrote:
We should *really* have something about this in the FAQ
--- end of quote ---

I've got this so far:

http://threepio.hitchcock.org/cgi-bin/faq/netatalk/faq.pl?_highlightWords=samba&
file=67

Please add anything else appropriate.

Thanks,
-Bill

---

From: [email-masked] (Takehide Nomura)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 00:17:33 +0900

Thank you very much to all who renponded to my question!

I think I can understand the situation.
Samba 2.0 will support resource fork so that Netatalk will serve the
files, which has been opened by some Windows users, as "read only".
Then, Netatalk should have some method to notice locked file information
to Samba.  Unfortunately as I have really poor skill, I cannot guess
how to implement such a feature (probably some code shuld be added
somewhere in afpd?) and how hard that work will be.
Can anyone provide some strategy?  I will try to understand the afpd
codes, anyway.

Regards,
Takehide Nomura