Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk over tcp

From: Yann Bizeul <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:19:50 +0100

Hello

I set up appletalk on my Linux box so that I can see it in chooser, and connect
to it, but with the "IP address of server" button, it tells me that the server
doesn't respond...
I can't establish a telnet session on my linux box on port 548 : connection
refused... Any idea ?

---

From: [email-masked] (William P. McGonigle)
Date: 15 Dec 98 08:28:01 EST

--- Yann Bizeul wrote:
The problem is that I installed netatalk+asun... do I have to reinstall it ?
the version I installed is 1.4b2+asun 2.1.1
--- end of quote ---

Do you have a proper line in /etc/hosts.allow, if you're using wrappers?

e.g.:

afpd: LOCAL, .yourdomain.org

-Bill