Subject: [netatalk-admins] Is there a way to convert a CAP filesystem to Netatalk?

From: Chris Albone <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 12:59:02 +1000

Hi All,

    We are currently using CAP to provide home directory space to
Macintosh clients. We would like to move across to Netatalk (mainly for
performance reasons). Does anyone know if there is a nice easy clean way
of converting directories in CAP format to Netatalk, without losing any
resource/finder information? (I really do not want to have to mount
everyone's directory on a mac and drag/drop...)

thanx
Chris

---

From: Andras Kadinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 17:37:15 +0200

> everyone's directory on a mac and drag/drop...)

Since this is not the first time someone needs this, we might want to
create some migration utilities to migrate data between netatalk and
other AFP servers.

If noone else has work in this area, I might be convincable to work on a
CAP->netatalk solution. However, please point me to CAP format
specification, since I am not familiar with it.

Sincerely,
Andras Kadinger
[email-masked]