Subject: [netatalk-admins] pre-asun2.1.0-10 available

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 13:42:09 -0700 (PDT)

hi all,

i've just made a new snapshot available at
<ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu:/public/asun/pre-asun2.1.0-10.tar.gz>.  it
should have much improved rename code. let me know if you have any
problems. also, i would like to make sure it compiles on as many boxes
as possible. 

-a

---

From: Tim Rand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:18:03 -0500

I received the following warnings compiling pre-asun2.1.0-10a:

dsi_tcp.c: In function `dsi_tcp_init':
dsi_tcp.c:363: warning: passing arg 4 of `setsockopt' from incompatible
pointer type
dsi_tcp.c:372: warning: passing arg 4 of `setsockopt' from incompatible
pointer type
dsi_tcp.c:395: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
dsi_tcp.c: In function `dsi_tcp_init':
dsi_tcp.c:363: warning: passing arg 4 of `setsockopt' from incompatible
pointer type
dsi_tcp.c:372: warning: passing arg 4 of `setsockopt' from incompatible
pointer type
dsi_tcp.c:395: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
auth.c: In function `check_user':
auth.c:676: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
status.c: In function `status_server':
status.c:64: warning: assignment discards `const' from pointer target type

My Make file had DESDIR, TCPWRAPDIR and PAMDIR all commented out.  Using
GCC 2.7.2 compiler.  Solaris is 2.5.1 with minimal patches applied.

I completed the installation anyway.  Netatalk came up and seems to run
just fine.  What other information can I supply?  I hate to see warnings
even if things run correctly.