Subject: [netatalk-admins] Adding a sun's patches to Redhat 5.0

From: Jason Belich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 16:32:51 -0500

I am using the specially patched RPM for Redhat 5.0.  How do I add a
sun's patches to it?  The regular method doesn't seem to fly...

Jason

---

From: Marc Matteo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 14:14:45 -0800

>sun's patches to it?  The regular method doesn't seem to fly...

What specially patch version for RH 5?

I just got a vanilla 1.4b2 versions and patched away :).  You do have to add:

AFPLIBS= -lcrypt

to your system/Linux/Makefile cuz RH 5.0 apperently doesn't do something
right with the PAM libs... but other than that it works great for me.

Marc

Marc Matteo
Web Engineer, The Sacramento Bee
(916) 321-1242
http://www.sacbee.com

---

From: Sak Wathanasin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 23:42:22 +0000

In reply to Marc Matteo's message of the 27/01/98 at 14:14 -0800,

> right with the PAM libs... but other than that it works great for me.

The linux makefile in 1.4b2+asun assume that the PAM include and lib files have
a common root or rather that they only differ in the last component of the
path: it expects to find them in $PAMDIR/lib and $PAMDIR/include respectively.
On my RH 5.0 at any rate, the PAM libs are in /lib and the includes are in
/usr/include/security, so this strategywon't work. You can either create the
appr links in /usr/lib and /usr/include or edit the makefile. I chose the
latter. As far as I can tell, only etc/afpd/Makefile  is affected. The Makefile
sets up two further variables, PAMLIBDIRS and PAMINCPATH which I changed. It
would probably be better if these were defined in the top-level makefile.

Sak Wathanasin
Network Analysis Limited
178 Wainbody Ave South, Coventry CV3 6BX, UK

Internet: [email-masked]
Phone: (+44) 1203 419996                    Fax: (+44) 1203 690690

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 18:37:13 -0800 (PST)

umm, it looks like you're describing another RH 5.0 boo-boo. you
should have a /usr/lib/libpam.so link which points to /lib/libpam.so.x
for the linker to pickup even if the actual library is in /lib. the
PAMDIR strategy actually works quite well with /usr/include/security
and /lib/libpam.so.x if the above is true. contrary to popular belief,
that's how my system is set up.

actually, i'm amazed at how many mistakes RH 5.0 seems to have
w.r.t. to this area. do people know if the RH folks are aware of these
issues?

-a