Subject: [netatalk-admins] Error building pre-asun2.1.0-10a on RedHat 5.1

From: Valerie Caro <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 10:23:14 -0400 (EDT)

I am trying to build pre-asun2.1.0-10a on a machine running
RedHat 5.1. I get an error compiling:

gcc  -DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER    -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fsigned-char
-Wunused -Wuninitialized -I../../include      -DAPPLCNAME -DCRLF   -o afpd
unix.o afs.o kuam.o send_to_kdc.o lifetime.o ofork.o main.o switch.o
auth.o volume.o directory.o file.o enumerate.o desktop.o filedir.o fork.o
appl.o gettok.o bprint.o status.o afp_options.o afp_asp.o afp_dsi.o
messages.o config.o nfsquota.o -L../../libatalk      -latalk     -lcrypt  
nfsquota.o: In function `getnfsquota':
nfsquota.o(.text+0x15b): undefined reference to `xdr_getquota_rslt'
nfsquota.o(.text+0x161): undefined reference to `xdr_getquota_args'
make[4]: *** [afpd] Error 1

  I am not sure what I need to do to fix this problem.
I don't really need nfsquota's enabled.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

---
Valerie Caro		Computer Science Computing Facility,
[email-masked]	LGRC Room A313,
Tel:  (413)545-4442	University of Massachusetts
Fax:  (413)545-1249	Amherst, MA           01003

---

From: Valerie Caro <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 16:35:53 -0400 (EDT)

I was having problems compiling pre-asun2.1.0-10a on RedHat 5.1 (see
below).
  I got a solution from A Sun which solved my problem:

Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 13:10:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Error building pre-asun2.1.0-10a on RedHat
5.1

well, you're not picking up AFPLIBS for some reason. go to
sys/linux/Makefile and make sure that AFPLIBS has -lrpcsvc after it.

-a

--------------------------- original message ----------------------

---