Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] netatalk and OS 8.1

From: Anthony Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 98 14:07:04 -0500

Jonathan Peterson said something resembling:

>>that. It is a little disconcerting that umich is apparently not 
>>"supporting" the distribution, but should I be worried?
>
>Only if someone creates a superior product for NT..... I'm not aware of
>anything beyond the default 'services for Mac', which is pretty basic.
>

And too slow too slow too slow. Jeeze, its so slow.

ant

>
>--------
>Jon Peterson	[email-masked]	+44 (0)171 613 5300
>Internet Developer
>
>When she told me I was average, she was just being mean.
>

---

From: John Barry -Technician <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 98 09:05:26 GMT

Hi,

> If you buy a Studio 02 i know it comes with the bundle. Supposedly CAP compiles
> under IRIX, but I've not spent a lot of time with it. If you really want 
> SGI <-> Mac connectivity CAP would be the no cost solutions.

Ahh, that would be why then, we've got loads of O2's. As for CAP, I spent the
better part of a day trying, in vain, to compile the damn thing, certain bits
worked, others just bombed out no matter what I tried. Gave up, installed
netatalk instead...
later
jb