Subject: [netatalk-admins] Appleshare IP

From: Glenn Davy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 09:19:55 +1000

> On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Timothy Knox wrote:
> > I am running netatalk on a Linux box, and would love to be able to
access
> > my AppleShare volumes over TCP/IP (ie, from the office, to reach
into my
> > home volumes). Does netatalk support this? I have tried clicking on
the
> > "Server IP address" button in the chooser, and entering the IP for
my
> > Linux server, but I get a "no response from server" error message.
>

and Vivek repliedThe asun version of netatalk should do what you want -
it's
availabale
from ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu:/public/asun, iirc, and does
appleshareip.

I get the same problem as Timothy but I have installed the asun version.
I've
also used afpd.conf to configure two 'servers' one tcp and one not tcp:
- -tcp
Classic -notcp
Appletalk classic users can login to this 'Classic' but IP users get the
result
above when the try the defalut (-)server (and I can't remembre if they
can get
into Classic)

Any hints where to go from here?
Thanks,
Glenn

---

From: Vivek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:49:58 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Glenn Davy wrote:

[snip]
>>> "Server IP address" button in the chooser, and entering the IP for my
> and Vivek replied The asun version of netatalk should do what you want
[blah]

> I get the same problem as Timothy but I have installed the asun version.
[snip]

> Any hints where to go from here?

Maybe it's a TCP wrappers thing? What does your /etc/hosts.[allow|deny]
say in the 'afpd:' entry?

Apologies if this is too late - I was just doing a mail cleanup and
stumbled across this thread...

-- 
"As you point out, EFAULT situations are `undefined' which means the
machine is entitled to grow wings an launch itself towards the sun..."
 -- Chris Wedgwood on the linux-kernel mailing list