Subject: [netatalk-admins] Compiling

From: "Mike Reiling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 18:39:03 -0700

I am compiling Netatalk 1.4b2 on a RedHat Linux 5.1 system.  It get
through some of the make and dies with this error message.

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/miker/netatalk-1.4b2/etc/afpd'
gcc    -O2 -fsigned-char -I../../include   -DAPPLCNAME -DCRLF  \
    -D_PATH_AFPDDEFVOL=\"/usr/local/atalk/etc/AppleVolumes.default\" \
    -D_PATH_AFPDSYSVOL=\"/usr/local/atalk/etc/AppleVolumes.system\" \
    -DVERSION=\"`cat ../../VERSION`\" \
     -c main.c
main.c: In function `main':
main.c:255: `TIOCNOTTY' undeclared (first use in this function)
main.c:255: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
main.c:255: for each function it appears in.)
make[4]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/miker/netatalk-1.4b2/etc/afpd'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/miker/netatalk-1.4b2/etc/afpd'
make[2]: *** [afpd] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/miker/netatalk-1.4b2/etc'
make[1]: *** [../../etc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/miker/netatalk-1.4b2/sys/linux'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks much,
Mike