Subject: [netatalk-admins] Problem: gateways go down

From: "W. Reilly Cooley, Esq." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 13:40:55 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to use Netatalk on a fairly busy AppleTalk network.  Our main
servers use CAP, and there are plenty of Mac workstations and servers.
After a while, the whole things mostly goes down, fairly suddenly.  An
'nbplkup' which before showed lots of hosts, now only shows a few.  Here's
a syslog entry when it goes down:

Jan 17 08:32:01 rheingold atalkd[631]: as_timer gateway 510.217 down
Jan 17 08:32:01 rheingold atalkd[631]: as_timer gateway 510.181 down
Jan 17 08:32:01 rheingold atalkd[631]: as_timer gateway 510.144 down
Jan 17 08:32:01 rheingold atalkd[631]: as_timer gateway 510.166 down
Jan 17 08:32:01 rheingold atalkd[631]: as_timer gateway 510.141 down
Jan 17 08:32:01 rheingold atalkd[631]: as_timer gateway 510.204 down
Jan 17 08:32:01 rheingold atalkd[631]: as_timer gateway 511.78 down
Jan 17 08:32:01 rheingold atalkd[631]: as_timer gateway 510.129 down
Jan 17 08:32:31 rheingold atalkd[631]: as_timer gateway 510.217 down
Jan 17 08:32:31 rheingold atalkd[631]: as_timer gateway 510.181 down
Jan 17 08:32:31 rheingold atalkd[631]: as_timer gateway 510.144 down
Jan 17 08:32:31 rheingold atalkd[631]: as_timer gateway 510.166 down
Jan 17 08:32:31 rheingold atalkd[631]: as_timer gateway 510.141 down
Jan 17 08:32:31 rheingold atalkd[631]: as_timer gateway 510.204 down
Jan 17 08:32:31 rheingold atalkd[631]: as_timer gateway 511.78 down
Jan 17 08:32:31 rheingold atalkd[631]: as_timer gateway 510.129 down
Jan 17 08:32:31 rheingold atalkd[631]: as_timer last gateway down

Is there perhaps a timer value somewhere I could tweak?

Dein,
Wil
--
-------------------------------------------------------------
W. Reilly Cooley, Esq.                   Schöner Götterfunken
[email-masked]                             [email-masked]
Linux 2.0.32                           RedHat 5.0 (Hurricane)

These days, you can't throw a tomato out the window without
hitting a college kid who knows and loves Linux.

---

From: "W. Reilly Cooley, Esq." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 16:23:25 -0800 (PST)

> a syslog entry when it goes down:

I forgot to mention that this on Linux, through several of the later 2.0
kernels and RH 4.2 and 5.0 (i.e., libc5 and glibc2), 1.42b with and
without the Adrian Sun patches. And it's only my workstation, also, in
case that was unclear.  I posted this first to the linux-atalk list, but
several days have passed and I have received no responses.

Dein,
Wil