Subject: [netatalk-admins] yet another pre-asun2.1.0 available

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 17:50:31 -0700 (PDT)

unless i get any complaints from *bsd and ultrix people running nfs
quotas, pre-asun2.1.0-6 will get turned into a real asun2.1.0. i want
to make sure people have a reasonably bug-free version before i go
through and convert things to appledouble v2.

in this version:
   1) i've made some changes to oforks. this gets us faster lookups,
      faster deallocs, and closer AFP compliance. what does this mean
      for you? well, deletes should be a smidgen faster and
      wordperfect should no longer get confused.

   2) copying read-only (non appledouble) files should work again.

check it out,

-a

---

From: Yuji Shinozaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 13:39:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Do you happen know of anyone who has successfully gotten AFS (preferably
with KRB5, but AFS's kaserver is OK too) to work with your IP-capable
version of Netatalk (on Solaris 2.5.1)?

Basically, we need Appleshare IP and AFS working together.

yuji
-----
Yuji Shinozaki		        Systems Administrator
[email-masked]	        Dept of Physics and Astronomy
http://www.physics.unc.edu      Univ. of North Carolina - CH
(919)962-7214 (voice)           CB 3255 Philips Hall
(919)962-0480 (fax)	        Chapel Hill, NC  27599

---

From: Jens Brambring <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 00:33:14 +0000

Hello, 
I´m using a Linux-Box with kernel 2.1.115 and a german SUSE 5.2.
Compiling stops because ldd can´t find the library rpcsvc.
Where can I find this library, I can´t find it!!
I think it is a quota problem??!
Ciao, Jens!
-- 
Jens Brambring
Netzwerktechnik & WEB-Design
http://www.brambring.de
mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Rob Newberry <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 23:56:39 -0500 (EST)

My Linux system is a BIT old, but I did upgrade libc and am willing to
upgrade anything else I need to.  What must I do to get rid of the
following problem while building "afpd"?

make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0/etc/afpd'
gcc     -DUAM_RNDNUM -O5 -fomit-frame-pointer -fsigned-char -Wunused
-Wuninitialized -I../../include
   -I/usr/local/include   -DAPPLCNAME -DCRLF   -o afpd unix.o afs.o kuam.o
send_to_kdc.o lifetime.o
ofork.o main.o switch.o auth.o volume.o directory.o file.o enumerate.o
desktop.o filedir.o fork.o ap
pl.o gettok.o bprint.o status.o afp_options.o afp_asp.o afp_dsi.o
messages.o config.o nfsquota.o -L.
./../libatalk    -L/usr/local/lib  -latalk   -ldes
nfsquota.o: In function `getnfsquota':
nfsquota.o(.text+0x15b): undefined reference to `xdr_getquota_rslt'
nfsquota.o(.text+0x165): undefined reference to `xdr_getquota_args'
make[4]: *** [afpd] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0/etc/afpd'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0/etc/afpd'
make[2]: *** [afpd] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0/etc'
make[1]: *** [../../etc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0/sys/linux'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm not running any quota stuff.  This is pretty much a Slackware install,
although I've upgraded some binaries and stuff on my own.

Rob

---

From: Jens Brambring <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 08:46:30 +0000

> although I've upgraded some binaries and stuff on my own.
Hello,
I  got the same problem, here you can find my changed version:

ftp://ftp.brambring.de/pub/linux/netatalk/pre-asun2.1.0-6linuxsuse.tar.gz

I changed
Makefile:
         -DCRLF --> #-DCRLF
         -lrpcsvc --> #-lrpcsvc
         nfsquota.o --> #-nfsquota
	
	beside this I changed a little bit in unix.c
	I changed the way the mac-filenames are stored, only / gets changed,
	for me its the better solution, cause I share the volumes with samba.
	Changed the permissions from 0666 to 0777.

Thats all. I didn´t run into any problems here whith this setup. Sorry
for my english!
     
Ciao, Jens!