Subject: [netatalk-admins] HELP - files written by OS8 are corrupted!

From: "Markus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 18:17:42 +0100

hi,

we have 4 macs reading and writing to a linux fileserver running atalk
1.4b2.
the linux is 2.0.74

we mainly use it for developping web projects. the macs use BBEdit for that
purpose.

some files written by the only machine that uses OS8 are randomly populated
by x00 values which cause any other machine than a mac (including the httpd
running on the linux box) to stop reading the file at exactly the posistion
where the x00 value is.
it is possible to use a unix text editor to remove these values, from then
the files is perfectly read.

as you may consider this does not really contribute to a streamlined
production process ;)

any hints how to stop that behaviour?

markus

Digital Online Media GmbH
Bismarck Str. 60
D-50672 Koeln
http://www.dom.de