Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] AFP protocol specs wanted

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 98 16:42:11 PST

Andras -

I hunted around on the Apple web sites a while ago, and all I could find was
this:

http://devworld.apple.com/dev/techsupport/insidemac/Networking/Networkin
g-223.html

This page is a portion of the "Inside Macintosh" publication, but the intro from
the page says this:

"This chapter describes the programming interface to the workstation portion of
AFP only.  It does not describe how to implement and AFP server.  For
information on how to implement and AFP server, see 'Inside AppleTalk,' second
edition."

In other words this doesn't help a whole lot if you want to understand netatalk
afpd and the protocol itself, and I imagine that is what you are really
interested in (me too).  Despite much hunting, I could not find any part of
"Inside AppleTalk" on-line, nor could I even find a place to order the actual
books on-line.  Besides I'm not quite interested enough to spend money on it
;-).

Maybe someone else out there knows of on-line resources other than those at
Apple?

Bob

______________________________________________
Original message sent on Fri, Apr 3  2:04 PM by [email-masked] (Andras
Kadinger) :

To: [email-masked] (Netatalk list)
[netatalk-admins] AFP protocol specs wanted
Dear list readers,

I would like to get familiar with the AFP protocol innards, and would
like to ask people knowing where to find preferably online documentation
on it to post me pointers.

Thank You in advance.

Sincerely,
Andras Kadinger
[email-masked]

---

From: Michael M Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 17:31:06 -0800

Try all of the following:

http://appleshareip.apple.com/appleshareip/text/pdf/afp_2.2_specification.pdf
http://ftp-applenet.apple.com/pub/appleshare/appletalkfilingprotv2.1_2.2.pdf
http://gemma.apple.com/dev/opentransport/docs/dev/Inside_AppleTalk.pdf
_________
mike ([email-masked])
I am not deliciously saucy
 - The collected wisdom of Bart Simpson