Subject: [netatalk-admins] Printing with Solaris 2.6

From: Ari Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 08:30:05 -0600 (CST)

Well, I've tried to call LPR directy with PAPD and it just won't work. 
Here is my papd.conf file:

Gutell Lab lj4 (MBB 1.318):\
        :pr=|/usr/ucb/lpr -Plj4:op=Appleshare:\
        :pd=/usr/local/atalk/etc/ppd/HP_LaserJet_4V

Gutell Lab lj5 (MBB 1.318):\
        :pr=|/usr/ucb/lpr -Plj5:op=Appleshare:\
        :pd=/usr/local/atalk/etc/pps/HP_LaserJet_5M

When I try to set up the printers from a mac using Laserwriter 8, the
setup dialog box hangs with the message "Printer Spooler processing
job..."

When I set up my papd.conf file to call the printer ques directly, the
same result ensues.

Is there a patch that I need to apply to get this to work? I'm running OS
8.5 on the mac and I'm running netatalk 981013. Everything else is working
fine.

Thanks in Advance,

--ari