Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk services appear in only one zone.

From: "Eddie Irvine" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 19:26:55 +1000

Hi!

Netatalk is running on a FreeBSD box with two ethernet interfaces.
One goes to a LAN in room 1 (zone "ROOM1"), the other interface goes to a
LAN
in room 2 (zone "ROOM2").

I have managed to set up atalkd.conf so that it seeds the zones with the
names
above, and routing between zones seems to work. Thus, a mac in "ROOM2"
can see a mac in "ROOM1". So far so good.

The trouble is, the netatalk services (AppleShare and Print Spooling) only
seem to
register in the first zone - "ROOM1".  The chooser shows nothing to choose
in zone
"ROOM2", even when I am on a mac in "ROOM2".

1    Is this actually a big deal? I can connect a computer in ROOM2 to
netatalk simply by
      selecting the zone "ROOM1" in the chooser. Will computers in ROOM2
slow down the LAN for
      computers in ROOM1 ?

2    I must be missing something here! The netatalk FAQ-Matic alludes to
this problem
      but gives no firm examples. They talk about a file called "rc.atalk" .
Is this just the
      startup script called at boot time that Linux uses?

Thanks in advance. Any working examples appreciated.

Eddie.

---

From: [email-masked] (Elisabeth Häring)
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 13:18:16 -0400

hallo eddie
ich habe gerade in meinem mail-ordner ein paar mails von dir gefunden
ich weiß auch nicht wo sie her kommen.
na ja, auch egal 
wie geht es dir denn so?
mir geht es ganz gut.
bis dann 
elli