Subject: [netatalk-admins] connecting as root, and non-tcp appletalk

From: jesse reynolds <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 00:42:50 +1030

hi there

thanks everyone who helped me through getting netatalk compiled and
installed, it's now installed :-) *yay*

Now i'm wondering why it is I can't connect as root...

Also I'm wondering why the server doesn't appear in the Chooser... I have
to type in it's IP number to access it. I'm using the recent asun version.

cheers

jesse

--
  Jesse Reynolds      Virtual Artists Pty Ltd      http://www.va.com.au
  V.C.E.          ->  http://www.va.com.au/vce     Virtual Community Engine
  Level 2  187  Rundle  St  Adelaide   South Australia  5000  Australia
  voice: +618 8223 2288     email: [email-masked]    icq: 4766684

  Uranium Mine for Kakadu?     ->     http://www.jabiluka.net/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 07:22:37 +0200 (SAT)

hi

to connect as root, comment out the "if uid == 0" part in afpd/auth.c

____________________________________________________________
John Ostrowick
Computer Science Department, University of the Witwatersrand   
Web site, ftp site and listserv all available at: 
http://macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za/