Subject: [netatalk-admins] connection timed out?

From: Jens Agby <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 11:20:32 +0100 (MET)

A question from a newbie netatalk-admin.

We are running Netatalk 1.4b2 + all official patches on a Solaris 2.5
system and keep on getting the following message:

afpd[xxxxx]: afp_die: asp_shutdown: Connection timed out

I haven't heard any complains from our users that I can relate 
to these messages.
Should I be worried? 

BTW, anybody out there running Netatalk under Solaris 2.6 ?
We are thinking of upgrading to 2.6 but are concerned of
how well Netatalk works together with it.

-- 
Jens Agby                                         [email-masked]

 It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of
 cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
                                                          (Elwood Blues)

---

From: Greg Putrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 05:49:38 -0600 (CST)

>afpd[xxxxx]: afp_die: asp_shutdown: Connection timed out

I recently installed netatalk on FreeBSD 2.2.2 and my one client, a Mac PB170
running Sys 7.5.1 worked flawlessly under load. Then upgraded to 7.5.3 with
OT 1.1. I started getting this error quite frequently, almost to the point on
not being usable. The mounted drive on the Mac would disappear.  I upgraded
very soon after to v7.5.5. Still using OT, but the occurance of this message
has gone way down. Under Classic Networking in 7.5.3, results were much
better.

Haven't tried CN in 7.5.5 since OT seems to be working fine. Haven't put it
under load or left it alone much tho. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greg Putrich - Internet: [email-masked]                          [PINE]
Public Key 3430B1E1 = 28 AF 67 4B 0E B5 79 57  79 30 B6 C6 4C CF 43 A6

   "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed,
    or numbered. My life is my own." - No. 6