Subject: [netatalk-admins] current snapshot available

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:21:05 -0800 (PST)

hi all,

i've just stuck pre-asun2.1.2.tar.gz on
ftp.u.washington.edu:/public/asun. let me know how it works. fyi, when
i turn on the appledouble v2 conversion stuff, pre-asun2.1.2 will
probably become pre-asun2.2.0.

anyways, it has the following features:
  1) codepage support. installed in ${RESDIR}/nls by default. again,
     if you have any code pages you would like to have included, send
     me the mac->codepage mapping. right now, i have codepages 437 and
     850. also, if you would like something like an iso-latin
     encoding, send me that as well.
  2) upper/lower case mapping
  3) dates fixed. it will auto-adjust dates as well. so, if you
     actually modify an old file with incorrect creation/modification
     dates, the dates will actually get updated as well.
  4) auto-fixes 0-length appledouble header files. also, it will
     complain and refuse to serve appledouble header files that have
     the wrong magic.
  5) correctly send back attributes for forks. 
  6) fixed the diacritical code a little. one of the characters had
     the wrong code associated with it.
  7) revamped options to AppleVolumes.* files so that you can stick
     anything almost anywhere. here's the current format from the
     config/AppleVolumes.default file:

# volume format:
# path [name] [casefold=x] [codepage=y] [options=z,l,j] [access=a,@b,c,d]
#
# casefold options:
# tolower    -> lowercases names in both directions
# toupper    -> uppercases names in both directions
# xlatelower -> client sees lowercase, server sees uppercase
# xlateupper -> client sees uppercase, server sees lowercase
#
# access format:
# user1,@group,user2  -> restricts volume to listed users/groups
#
# miscellaneous options
# prodos              -> make compatible with appleII clients.
# crlf                -> enable crlf translation for TEXT files.
#
# codepage=filename   -> load filename from nls directory.

NOTE: using the casefold/codepage options on an old afpd directory is
asking for trouble.

-a