Subject: [netatalk-admins] CAP and afp over TCP/IP

From: Harry Zink <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 08:48:37 -0800

Seems that CAP now supports afp over TCP as well

<http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/appletalk/cap.html>

Has anyone done any serious comparisons?

Harry

---

From: "William R. Dickson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 09:45:43 -0700 (PDT)

> Has anyone done any serious comparisons?

My comparison has consisted of three failed attempts to get CAP to work on
my NetBSD system, while netatalk has consistently been a very simple thing
to set up...

-Bill

-- 
 William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968
 [email-masked]  <>  http://www.awenet.com/~wrd/  <>  VNB3T, VSC1T, VSX1T

   "And he'd better have a dream that goes
    Beyond four walls"
                                       - Elvis Costello

---

From: Nicholas Riley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 13:33:10 -0400 (EDT)

> my NetBSD system, while netatalk has consistently been a very simple thing

I did run CAP before netatalk on my Mac with NetBSD at home, but it was so
sloooww that it was unusable.

--
Nicholas Riley <[email-masked]>