Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk-1.4b2 crashes

From: Typeline Webmaster <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 11:24:51 -0500

Hi,

I've been running Netatalk-1.4b2 with atalk patch for Freebsd 2.2.5 for
the past
few weeks. We have 6 Mac clients running 7.5.3 to 8.1. Everything runs
fine
for a day or two until Netatalk crashes. When we start Netatalk from
bootup these
crashes freeze the machine completely. When we start Netatalk from
netatalk.sh
manually after booting, Netatalk becomes unavailable from AppleShare in
the
Chooser. This is precided by the following syslog verbage from Netatalk:

Mar 23 10:51:07 netatalk01 afpd[7900]: afp_write: asp_wrtcont: No buffer
space available
Mar 23 10:51:07 netatalk01 afpd[7900]: asp_wrtreply: No buffer space
available
Mar 23 10:51:07 netatalk01 afpd[7681]: asp_cmdreply: No buffer space
available
Mar 23 10:51:07 netatalk01 afpd[278]: atp_sreq to (16) 24832.27:252
Mar 23 10:51:07 netatalk01 afpd[278]: atp_sreq to (16) 24832.219:251
Mar 23 10:56:36 netatalk01 afpd[278]: atp_sreq to (16) 24832.110:252
Mar 23 10:56:36 netatalk01 afpd[278]: atp_sreq to (16) 24832.219:251
Mar 23 10:56:37 netatalk01 /kernel: ddp_route: still have no valid route
Mar 23 10:56:38 netatalk01 /kernel: ddp_route: still have no valid route

Can anyone help me figure out what's happening here?

Thanks
Bob Badaracco