Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Help Help :)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 98 17:28:25 PST

Original message sent on Thu, Mar 26  5:22 AM by [email-masked] (Jon
Torrez) :

> -r-xr-xr-x   1 nobody   users       16144 Dec 12 01:11 MAIL7.WAV
> 
> this is right because you can't write to a cd ;)
> here is what syslog puts out....
> 
> Mar 26 13:03:16 wwwebservers afpd[9232]: setfilparams: ad_open MAIL7.WAV:
>  Permission denied

Assuming you aren't getting any actual error messages from the Macs involved,
just ignore the stuff in the syslog.  I've noticed that the Mac client has a
habit of trying to set file parameters even on read-only files, this really
isn't netatalk's problem.  As far as I've been able to tell it has no
consequences other than the "noise" in the syslog, and afpd is really chatty
there anyway (60% of my syslog comes from afpd).

Hope this helps!

Bob Smith
Hammett & Edison, Inc.
[email-masked]

---

From: Jon Torrez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 22:36:42 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998 [email-masked] wrote:

<WWW>
<WWW>Assuming you aren't getting any actual error messages from the Macs involved,
<WWW>just ignore the stuff in the syslog.  I've noticed that the Mac client has a
<WWW>habit of trying to set file parameters even on read-only files, this really
<WWW>isn't netatalk's problem.  As far as I've been able to tell it has no
<WWW>consequences other than the "noise" in the syslog, and afpd is really chatty
<WWW>there anyway (60% of my syslog comes from afpd).
<WWW>

	I get permissoin denied from our Power Tower Pro 200 w/ CrashOS
8.1 ...the crazy thing is, the crash-and-tos can read .mid files ?? but
nothing else...and when you try to drag the file to the desktop it still
says permission denied..

+--------
| Jon Torrez
| Systems Administrator - WWWebServers, Inc. 
| http://www.wwwebservers.com / [email-masked]
+----------------------------------------------------------------------