Subject: [netatalk-admins] new binaries without booting?

From: Georg Schwarz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 10:50:22 +0100 (MET)

Is there a way on Linux (2.0.33) to start a netatalk server with newly 
installed binaries without having to boot the machine? Just killing the
old daemons and running rc.atalk does not seem to do the trick.
Are there any lock file I should delete first?
-- 
Georg Schwarz                             [email-masked]
Institut für Theoretische Physik    Tel. +49 30 314-24254, FAX -21130
Technische Universität Berlin          http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
Sekr. PN 7-1, Hardenbergstr. 36, D-10623 Berlin            IRC: kuroi

---

From: Alistair Riddell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 11:42:08 +0000 (GMT)

If you are using kernel modules then doing an rmmod appletalk does the
trick. If not then you have to ifconfig down then ifconfig up each
interface.

--
Alistair Riddell - BOFH
IT Support Department, George Watson's College, Edinburgh
Tel: +44 131 447 7931 Ext 176       Fax: +44 131 452 8594