Subject: [netatalk-admins] How to quickly mount IP volume?

From: [email-masked] (Ray Zimmerman)
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:29:09 -0400

Hi,

Since I got my netatalk+asun setup working I've only had one problem ...
the fact that I can't mount the volumes using an alias ...

... I was wondering if there are other shortcut ways to mount a volume
which don't depend on aliases.  I seem to remember seeing something some
months ago that was supposed to be able to take an
afp://machine.domain.com/ type of URL and mount the volume, but now I can't
remember the details.

Anybody know what I might be thinking of ... or any other solutions?

TIA,

	Ray

%~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~%~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~%
|  Ray Zimmerman ([email-masked])   |  "The number you have       |
|  428-B Phillips Hall                |    dialed is imaginary.     |
|  Cornell Univ., Ithaca, NY  14853   |   Rotate phone 90 degrees   |
|  607-255-9645  Fax: 607-254-4565    |    and try again."          |
%~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~%~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~%