Subject: [netatalk-admins] OS 8 Problems

From: "Jason Vasquez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:13:27 -0500

I think this problem is a result of several Macs now using OS 8 (we didn't have problems with 7.5.5 and 7.6)

Whenever a mac user tries to copy a folder to his local machine, the transfer will count all the files, and then say that it can't find the first one.  The copy can be accomplished by entering the folder, selecting all, and then dragging.  Also, duplicates show up when viewing the contents of the folder.  (very disheartening when you  have a 900 files to transfer with duplicates!)

Any help would be appreciated!
  Jason Vasquez
  Network Administrator
  Eastpoint Communications

---

From: Brian Bergstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:55:51 -0600

>Whenever a mac user tries to copy a folder to his local machine, the
>transfer will count all the files, and then say that it can't find the
>first one.  The copy can be accomplished by entering the folder, selecting
>all, and then dragging.  Also, duplicates show up when viewing the
>contents of the folder.  (very disheartening when you  have a 900 files to
>transfer with duplicates!)
> 

You don't say what version of netatalk you are using. If you have not
upgraded to 1.4b2+asun18.2 do so, it fixes a lot of bugs. We are supporting
quite a few 8 and 8.1 machines with this version, with no problems.

Brian

Brian Bergstrand
Network Specialist - ACS
Northern Illinois University
815-753-8547
[email-masked]