Subject: [netatalk-admins] Disbaling CRLF translation

From: [email-masked] (Lee Blevins)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 19:55:30 -0500

To solve my problem with CRLF translation in postscript ifiles it has
been suggested that I can disable this with a modification of a
Makefile.

Could someone give me the specific file and show an example of how to do
this. Is it just a matter of commenting something out and then making
again? (I'm not a programmer so I need specific info)

There seems to be many Makefile's in my source directory.

Most of the software I use will read either as the line ending in a text
file, except my Scitex PS/M rip. I could be in a very difficult
situation if I had to convince Scitex to recode their rip to solve this
problem.

If I can't turn it off, is there a way to tell the translator to map CR
to CR and LF to LF, making the net effect no translation?

Because my operation is heavily dependent on postscript and this Scitex
RIP I'd welcome any suggestion that can solve this. Unfortunately, if I
have to intervene on each ps file we make manually, I'll catch hell from
the operators and have a very difficult time selling the idea of
netatalk.

thanks in advance

---

From: Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:27:07 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Lee Blevins wrote:
> Subject: [netatalk-admins] Disbaling CRLF translation
> 

I would look at:
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2/etc/afpd/Makefile
(line 17)
        ${PAMDEFS} -DAPPLCNAME -DCRLF # -DDOWNCASE
and 
        ${PAMDEFS} -DAPPLCNAME # -DCRLF -DDOWNCASE