Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Rhapsody

From: "Frank Morton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 10:14:07 -0500

>>From what I have heard the DR2 of Rhapsody doesn't contain the AppleTalk
>API as it has changed from DR 1. Also I don't think that Apple have
>committed to providing an Appleshare Server for MacOS X Server. Perhaps
>they are expecting a 3rd party to fill the gap?

Leaving AppleShare file services out of Rhapsody sounds like typical
Apple stupidity. How do they think their installed base of Mac's still
running system 7 and 8 will access a server? They must be thinking
NT is the way to go for a server.

I am disgusted if this is true and finally give up on Apple.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 15:12:37 -0400

> From:    "Frank Morton" <[email-masked]>
> To:      <[email-masked]>

> I am disgusted if this is true and finally give up on Apple.

"DR" stands for "developers' release" and is not indicative of what the
final release will contain.  So, you know, chill.

:wes

---

From: "frank scholten Linde" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 10:18:12 +0200 (CEST)

> final release will contain.  So, you know, chill.

True ..and 2 is more than 1, and normally the higher the versions go up, the
closer they get to what will be the final release. And since Apple is kinda
"famous" concerning making the wrong choices with both networking and servers i
would at least be a little concerned about this.

Frank
----------------------------------
E-Mail: [email-masked]
Date: 04-Aug-98
Time: 10:16:00
XFMail *** RedHat 5.1-2.0.34
----------------------------------