Subject: [netatalk-admins] Routing

From: Oliver Grass <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 19:08:26 +0100 (CET)

Hi folks,

i know this question occured several times before, but i haven't got the
time to work through all suggestions. But know i have the time, and i want
to fix the problem.

The problem is as follows:
I'm using netatalk-pre.asun2.1.0a on a Linux Box with Redhat 5.1.

I would like to set up a router for my PowerMac, so that all traffic from
there goes directly to the netatalk-machine, and not to an other router.
When using the rc.atalk.redhat, which is part of pre.asun2.1.0a, the
netatalk-machine says, it belongs to zone A.
But it would be nice that it sets up a new zone B.

So i've tried with 
eth0 -phase 1 -net 12 -addr 12.32 -zone "B", but i get the following
messages:

Oct 29 18:53:44 presse atalkd[280]: setifaddr: eth0: Protocol not
supported
Oct 29 18:53:44 presse atalkd[280]: difaddr(0.32): Cannot assign requested
address
Oct 29 18:53:44 presse atalkd: difaddr(0.0): Cannot assign requested
address
Oct 29 18:53:44 presse atalkd: difaddr(0.0): Cannot assign requested
address
Oct 29 18:53:45 presse papd[290]: restart (1.4b2+asun2.1.0a)
Oct 29 18:53:45 presse papd[290]: atp_open: Cannot assign requested
address
Oct 29 18:53:45 presse afpd[292]: main: atp_open: Cannot assign requested
address
Oct 29 18:53:45 presse afpd[292]: ASIP started on 134.155.60.184:548(0)
(1.4b2+asun2.1.0a)

My rc.atalk looks as follows:
-----------------------------

if [ -f /usr/local/atalk/etc/atalkd ]; then
        /usr/local/atalk/etc/atalkd -f /usr/local/atalk/etc/atalkd.conf
-1;
        echo -n ' atalkd'
fi

if [ -f /usr/local/atalk/bin/nbprgstr ]; then
        /usr/local/atalk/bin/nbprgstr -p 4 "Presse Server":Workstation@B
        /usr/local/atalk/bin/nbprgstr -p 4 "Presse Server":netatalk@B
echo
-n ' nbprgstr'
fi

if [ -f /usr/local/atalk/etc/papd ]; then
        /usr/local/atalk/etc/papd;              echo -n ' papd'
fi

if [ -f /usr/local/atalk/etc/afpd ]; then
        /usr/local/atalk/etc/afpd -n "Presse Server":netatalk@B;
        echo -n ' afpd'

if [ -f /usr/local/atalk/etc/timelord ]; then
        /usr/local/atalk/etc/timelord;          echo -n ' timelord'
fi
 
Is it possible to achieve that goal???
Can i force the PowerMac to see only the zone netatalk has set up, or do i
have to accept the zone A?????

Another problem, which nobody else seems to have:
Yesterday i saved a 20MB-TIFF File from the PowerMac on the linux-machine.
Duration: 50 Minutes!!!!

Seems that there is something significant wrong, but i don't have any idea
what.....

Thanx in advance
Olli

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Oliver Graß				       	                      |
| Freiheitsplatz 10     E-mail: [email-masked]           |
| 68199 Mannheim        WWW: http://webrum.uni-mannheim.de/math/grass |