Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] AppleVolumes.default??

From: Mitch McNeel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 08:12:19 -0700

Thanks for the reply:

        I chmod AppleVolumes.default file to be 777 and I still can't get the
volume to show up after the user logs in.  I've even tried to recompile and
reinstall changing my DESTDIR to be /opt/netatalk and within my /opt/netatalk
directory I have etc/ with both AppleVolumes.default and AppleVolumes.system in
that directory..  I've even tried using the switch in the /etc/init.d/atalk to
read afpd -f /opt/netatalk/etc/AppleVolumes.default to force the read of that
path and still nothing....  Any Ideas...

Thanks
Mitch

Ron Pool wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Sep 1998, Mitch McNeel wrote:
> >         I've upgrade to a new version of Netatalk (pre-asun2.1.0-7a) on
> > a UE-450 Solaris 2.6.  I'm having problems with AppleVolumes.default in
> > my etc directory of Netatalk...  For some reason I can not share a
> > volume in this file...
> >
> > My AppleVolumes.default file looks like this:
>
> Make sure AppleVolumes.default is world readable.
> --
> Ron Pool                                            Internet: [email-masked]
> Computer Services, NYSAES; Food Research Lab; West North St.; Geneva, NY 14456
>