Subject: [netatalk-admins] appletalk errors

From: Kevin Chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 11:46:30 -0400

We've compiled netatalk with the asun extension on a solaris system,
without TCP wrappers, pam, and des.  I think we've done all the steps that
were in the READMEs for ASUN and Solaris, but we get these errors when we
try to start it.  Anyone have any idea what is going wrong?

Kevin Chan

Daniel D. Arrasjid wrote:

> [tonka 2:25pm] sudo /etc/rc2.d/S79atalk start
> starting appletalk daemons: can't establish STREAMS plumbing, exiting.
>  atalkdnbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
> Can't register tonka:Workstation@*
> nbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
> Can't register tonka:netatalk@*
>  nbprgstr papd afpd.

Subject: appletalk errors
From: "Daniel D. Arrasjid" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 11:34:13 -0400 (EDT)

[tonka 2:25pm] sudo /etc/rc2.d/S79atalk start
starting appletalk daemons: can't establish STREAMS plumbing, exiting.
 atalkdnbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
Can't register tonka:Workstation@*
nbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
Can't register tonka:netatalk@*
 nbprgstr papd afpd.

---

From: Michael M Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:17:26 -0700

Umm, this looks like a netatalk+asun <= 18.2 without the newer Umich
STREAMS fixes in netatalk-971027. My Solaris 2.6 machine was quite
happy with asun2.0a18.2 after I got a lot of tips from other helpful
souls. You could always try going to pre-asun2.1.0 which compiled,
installed and ran flawlessly for me on 2.6 w/ gcc2.7.2.3. If you'd
rather use what you've got, check out
http://www.cec.mtu.edu/Doc/FAQ/netatalk.html

Previously...
>> Can't register tonka:netatalk@*
_________
mike ([email-masked])
I will not skateboard in the halls
 - The collected wisdom of Bart Simpson