Subject: [netatalk-admins] Re: What netscape can MkLinux use?

From: "Craig Roberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:28:06 +1300

>On 10/15/98 8:11 AM, [email-masked] thus spake:
>
>>Hi Stefan,
>>
>>I have been running Netscape communicator as well as navigator (on a G3 and
>>a 7300) v4.05 and it seems to be pretty stable.
>>
>
>     I've run 4.05, 4.5pr1 and 4.5pr2, all worked flawlessley on a 7100 
>and several 95 & 9600s. Was using 4.05 on dr2.1u6, 4.5pr's on dr3. At 
>least as stable as MacOS versions, and generally about twice as fast. 
>Slashdot loads like it's on fire in Mk/Netscape, as opposed to the pokey 
>MacOS. In fact, I was running 8.5 on a 9600/200, and dr2.1u6/Netscape 
>4.05 on a 7100/66, and the 7100 was blowing away the 9600 on page loading 
>and display. Quite impressive.

All sounds grand - where can I get ppc.rpm's from?

-+-x-o-+-x-o-+-x-o-+-x-o-+-x-o-+-x-o-+-x-o-+-x-o
Craig Roberts
Senior IT Consultant
College of Education, Christchurch, New Zealand.

"I want to see mountains again, Gandalf - mountains;
and then find somewhere where I can rest."
   Bilbo Baggins in Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien