Subject: [netatalk-admins] Help!! Timeout error

From: Steven Zhu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:31:59 +0100

Hello, everybody:

I just compiled netatalk. Everything is OK. My computer information:
Red Hat Linux, Kernel 2.0.34 on an i586. Kernel already compiled
appletalk support.
Whenever I started up, I got the following message:

Starting AppleTalk services: atalkd nbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
Can't register zippy:Workstation@*
nbp_rgstr: Connection timed out
Can't register zippy:netatalk@*
papd afpd

When I checked with the process using  'ps aux', I found atalkd and papd

runing but
obviously not registered. What's going wrong. I saw  similar problems
in the netatalk-admins emails but didn't find solutions.
My atalkd.conf only includes one line: eth0 , should be OK. I have no
idea. Any ideas
or suggestions? Thank you very very much. Sorry for your time and
flooding your mailbox. Hope to hear you soon. Thanks again.

Steven.