Subject: [netatalk-admins] pre-asun2.1.1-2 available

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 12:49:19 -0800 (PST)

hi there,

another pre-patch is available. what's new:

	1) this one should exit a little more gracefully when the
           client cuts you off. i.e., instead of dying on SIGPIPE, i
           just ignore that and let afpd clean things up. the syslog
           is also a little more verbose so that i know that that's
           what happened.

	2) new afpd.conf option: -tickleval <sec>. you can use that to
 	   change the tickle interval (default: 30s). NOTE: if you do
 	   so, make sure to do something similar on the client-side as
 	   well or you'll end up disconnecting yourself. 

	3) doing a shutdown should really take 5 minutes now with
           afp/tcp. in the past, it was possible to over-write the
           shutdown timer with the tickle timer, resulting in a
           shutdown 30 seconds afterwards.

as always, the patch is at 
   <ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/public/asun/pre-asun2.1.1-2.tar.gz>

-a