Subject: [netatalk-admins] Problems Printing

From: Vince Di Scipio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 13:29:45 -0500

Hi, 

New to the list, scanned the archives and didn't find and answer so here is
a question.

I have setup Netatalk 1.4b2 on Linux 2.0.33. and it works for the most part.
I am able to mount file spaces and publish print devicesfrtom the
/etc/printcap.  I have set up the papd.conf and the printers show up in the
Chooser.  I am able to print to the printers from a Mac but they seem to be
setting in the queue for an inordinant amount of time sometime forever.  Is
there a timeout that needs set somewhere?  I am able to print insrtantly
using lpr -P$Printername $filename.  and that also prints the file queued
from the Mac out.  Is there something I need to do to have the lpd daemon
take notice there are jobs waiting in /var/spool/lpd/$spooldir.

I have read conflicting reports on using /dev/null in printcap as the lp
device.  I am doinf that.  I am also using LPRng 3.4.1.  Any help woule be
appreciated.

Vince
Vince Di Scipio
Network Administrator
The College of Wooster
Wooster OH, 44691
[email-masked]