Subject: [netatalk-admins] printing to ps file & Netatalk 1.4.b2+asun

From: David Hamm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 09:40:28 -0400 (EDT)

The postscript generated by the Mac clients gets corupted wen written to the
server.  I've found that if I use resedit and change the file type from TEXT to
BINA then drag the file from the desktop to the server I don't have the
problem.  I have removed the AppleVolumes.system file in an effort to disable
any conversions but this has not helped.  I did this before and it fixed the
problem on an older version of Netatalk.  Any suggestions?
    
------         David Hamm - [email-masked]           --------

---

From: Vivek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 16:27:06 +0100 (BST)

> problem on an older version of Netatalk.  Any suggestions?

Try compiling with CRLF translation disabled, if you don't need it, or try
setting the default creator/type to BINA/UNIX, maybe that'll help.

-- 
"Come, Goratrix, we must return to the chantry to prepare for tomorrow night!"
"What are we gonna do tomorrow night, Tremere?"
"The same thing we do every night, Goratrix: Try to Take Over The World!"

---

From: David Hamm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 10:37:27 -0400 (EDT)

On 14-May-98 Vivek wrote:
> Try compiling with CRLF translation disabled,
is that still an option?  And where is it?

> if you don't need it, or try

------         David Hamm - [email-masked]           --------

---

From: Jarrod Stenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 13:02:48 -0500

Hello,

I recently setup 'netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2' with eagain and socket patches and
the 'netatalk-971027' kernel on a 'sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1-Engine'.

I just noticed that my Filemaker stuff is acting up.  When files are shared with
other users, the person attempting to load up the file as a guest of the first
user of the file gets an error mesage saying that the file has been corrupted.
Also, it seems to send the original user down later on, but I'm not certain about
this as a pattern.

What's going on?  I have not updated any configuration stuff since I moved from:
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a17.2 without the new kernel.

I am thinking it is this but I would like some pointers before I begin.  I usually
dig in before asking but I have too many irons on the fire right now (sorry).

Thanks, and as always I want to thank all you great contributors to this app.
Your generosity has contributed to my love of Unix in general.

-jarrod