Subject: [netatalk-admins] a few questions...

From: D Buckely - Worm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 20:05:24 -0700 (PDT)

Currently I have 2 versions of netatalk running on this machine and they
are dramaticly differnt.  I first installed a netatalk-1.4b2-lorax4.rpm
into this linux box and other then the "dancing icons" it was easy to
install and configure.  It seemed that I needed to compile and install the
regular netatalk 1.4 with the patches to get rid of that problem so...  I
did.  On this version the conf stuff doesnt seem to be as simple as
changing a config file such as in the lorax4 rpm.  is this true, or can I
use the came /etc/atalk/config as my values?

question two...  I dont use shadow passwords but I still dont seem to be
able to log in as anything but a guest.  How can I get netatalk to use my
/etc/passwd for its users?

Thanks in advance...

Derick...

---

From: Tom Kacvinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 23:54:12 -0400 (EDT)

> /etc/passwd for its users?

Is your shell listed in /etc/shells ?  Make sure it is and then try again.

Tom

---

From: D Buckely - Worm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 21:09:41 -0700 (PDT)

> Is your shell listed in /etc/shells ?  Make sure it is and then try again.

I am assuming I need to add netatalk as a shell into this file?  If so, no
it was not added.  Which file is the shell that needs to be added?

d.