Subject: [netatalk-admins] atalk server only available by entering ip??

From: Scott Bender <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 15:40:33 -0400

I'm running netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2 on a Linux(2.0.30) box. There is only
one ethernet interface that I need to run AppleTalk on, so my atalkd.conf file
looks like this:

eth1 -phase 2 -net 0-65534 -addr 65280.146 

There are two network cards in the machine, but I only need AppleTalk on eth1

I'm able to mount a share off of the linux box only by entering the ip address
into the Chooser. Nothing shows up in the list. My printer also doesn't show
up.

nbplkup says:

                 pulse:AFPServer                          65280.146:130
	         OfficeJet:LaserWriter                    65280.146:128
                 pulse:netatalk                           65280.146:4
                 pulse:Workstation                        65280.146:4

getzones fails with:
atp_rresp: Connection timed out

Any ides?? Please respond to my email, as I am not on this list.

Thanks,
- Scott