Subject: [netatalk-admins] "connection...broken" w/asun

From: "Craig Roberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 14:14:06 +1300

I've got the asun version installed and progressed...to...

>>My linux box is not showing up in the chooser. However, when i connect to
>>the specific IP, it gives me a log-in box. When i try to log in, though,
>>it gives me the error: "The connection to this server has been
>>unexpectedly broken." It always gives this error.

...same here...

I am using RH5.1.

Ant said :-
>It sounds like you don't have the patched RPM installed, if you're trying 
>to run the stock netatalk, it won't run on 5.1. You have to get the RPM 
>from the contrib/ directory on redhat.com. The whole URL is in the FAQ.
I have just installed netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0-5.i386.rpm. Isn't this pretty
recent and include the patches ?

Ant, when you refer to FAQ, which do you mean cos there's heaps of them !?!?
Documentation for this stuff is difficult to navigate around.

Cheers
Craig.