Subject: [netatalk-admins] Problems with ASUN version

From: [email-masked] (Lee Blevins)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 19:28:15 -0500

System:
Freebsd 2.2.6
Intel Pent II 233
Adaptec 2940UW w/Seagate 4 gig cheatah

I'm having problems getting the asun version of netatalk to export
anything but the users home directory.

I've tested this over and over and it remains the same.

I use the exact same procedure to install 1.4b2 and everything is fine.

I cleaned the drive (we're doing this for testing and documenting the
install procedure) and we install the 1.4b2 with asun and we get no
other directories exported. As far as I can see both procedures are
identical. 

One major exception is we get a compile error with tcp wrappers on so we
have to comment it out.

What's interesting is if we install 1.4b2 first, and then make and make
install 1.4b2 with the patch, we get the directories exported.

Has anyone else had a problem with exporting a directory other than the
home dir?

tia

---

From: David Hamm <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 15:34:08 -0400 (EDT)

locate your AppleVolumes.* files and make sure that they are readable by
everyone.  For some reason they don't come that way so you must chmod a+r
AppleVolumes*.