Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk-1.4b2 how to on RH linux 5.1

From: Jesper Brondum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 10:42:58 +0200

Im trying to get "netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0-5.i386.rpm" to work on 
RedHat linux 5.1.

The only afp login that works is guest, else i get "connection broken .."
 if i try a user login.

then i tried to compile netatalk-1.4b2 + RH5.0.patch, but now it complains
 about a bad password, and afpd.conf seems to be ignored.

Any one got a clue ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Jesper Brondum, Cognitive AB
                            mailto:[email-masked]
        telefon 046-130976, telefax 046-130975, mobil 0706-277766

---

From: Marc Matteo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 07:06:37 -0700

> The only afp login that works is guest, else i get "connection broken .."

I think that's a permissions problem... tho I can't remember for sure.  I'll
leave it for others to answer.

>  about a bad password, and afpd.conf seems to be ignored.

What patch?

On Red Hat 4.2, 5.0 and 5.1 I've had no problem with compiling netatalk.  For
5.1 just get the full netatalk+asun source from
ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/public/asun/ and go with that.  In one of the
readmes is talks about some of the settings in the top level Makefile, make
sure you read that.

I have the netatalk1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2 package and I commented out the DES
stuff (because I don't have it) in the toplevel Makefile and it compiled just
fine on my 5.1 system.

Hope this helps...
Marc

--
Marc Matteo
Web Engineer, The Sacramento Bee
http://www.sacbee.com
"We're a newspaper, we don't actually own any bees."