Subject: [netatalk-admins] Red Hat 5.0 compile errors...

From: Harry <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 16:07:36 -0800

Here's a dump of the errors I get that prevent me from compiling netatalk 
on my Red Hat 5.0 installation. The problem seems to be loclized in quota 
support:

-----
make[4]: Entering directory 
`/home/harry/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2/etc/afpd'
gcc      -O5 -fomit-frame-pointer -fsigned-char -Wunused -Wuninitialized 
-I../../include      -DAPPLCNAME -DCRLF    -c unix.c -o unix.o
In file included from /usr/include/sys/quota.h:2,
                 from unix.c:63:
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:113: parse error before `__u32'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:113: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or 
union
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:114: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:115: parse error before `dqb_curblocks'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:115: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:116: parse error before `dqb_ihardlimit'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:116: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:117: parse error before `dqb_isoftlimit'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:117: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:118: parse error before `dqb_curinodes'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:118: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:121: parse error before `}'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:138: parse error before `__u32'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:138: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or 
union
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:139: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:140: parse error before `reads'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:140: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:141: parse error before `writes'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:142: parse error before `cache_hits'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:142: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:143: parse error before `pages_allocated'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:143: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:144: parse error before `allocated_dquots'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:144: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:145: parse error before `free_dquots'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:145: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:146: parse error before `syncs'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:146: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
unix.c: In function `uquota_getvolspace':
unix.c:313: storage size of `dqblk' isn't known
unix.c:313: warning: unused variable `dqblk'
unix.c: In function `overquota':
unix.c:340: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unix.c:340: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unix.c:352: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unix.c:352: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[4]: *** [unix.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory 
`/home/harry/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2/etc/afpd'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory 
`/home/harry/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2/etc/afpd'
make[2]: *** [afpd] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/harry/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2/etc'
make[1]: *** [../../etc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory 
`/home/harry/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2/sys/linux'
make: *** [all] Error 2

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 98 17:47:43 PST

I looked at the RH5.0 patch file from Anders' site, and I don't think it has
anything to do with the problem you are having.  It appears to me that except
for adding "-lcrypt" to LIBS and "-DSHADOWPW" to CFLAGS in the
etc/afpd/Makefile, the patch doesn't do anything that isn't already dealt with
by the asun patches, so the fact that you can't apply it shouldn't really
matter.  If you are using PAM, I think the crypt library and shadow password
thingys are irrelevant, if you aren't using PAM you can just add those defs to
the Makefile by hand.

The actual problem you are having with quota.h is something else entirely.  I
recall there was a discussion of this on the list, maybe it was last week, sorry
I didn't pay real close attention because for whatever reason I don't have that
problem (I compiled 1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2 on RH5.0 with no errors).  I do remember
something about needing to add "-DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER" to the Makefile, did
you try that?  Maybe someone else can shed more light, or maybe it's in the FAQ.

Hope this helps!

Bob Smith
Hammett & Edison, Inc.
[email-masked]

______________________________________________
Original message sent on Mon, Mar 9  4:07 PM by [email-masked] (Harry) :

cc: [email-masked]
[netatalk-admins] Red Hat 5.0 compile errors...
Here's a dump of the errors I get that prevent me from compiling netatalk 
on my Red Hat 5.0 installation. The problem seems to be loclized in quota 
support:

-----