Subject: [netatalk-admins] make problem

From: "Justin L. Shore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 22:16:45 -0600

Greetings all.  I've been trying to get netatalk to work on a machine with
Redhat 5.1 and shadow passwords.  I tried the rpm but it wouldn't allow
authenicated to complete (I'm guessing because of shadow which I'm assuming
the rpm didn't allow for).  After using the rpm, I can see the server and
can try to log ing but it won't authenticate at all (I didn't turn guest on
either).  TCP/IP wouldn't work either.  I followed the directions at
<http://thehamptons.com/anders/netatalk/> which helped a great deal,
especially the afpd.conf page.  Assuming I need to go back again and try
getting the source to work, here's the last few lines of where it dies on
me.  I copied des.h, tcpd.h, and added -DSHADOWPW to the Makefile in
etc/afpd/.  I didn't chage andy of the base Makefile though as I'm not
really sure what to put in it.  Could that be the problem?  Thanks for any
tips I get!

Justin

main.c: In function `main':
main.c:255: `TIOCNOTTY' undeclared (first use this function)
main.c:255: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
main.c:255: for each function it appears in.)
make[4]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/conslt05/crap/netatalk-1.4b2/etc/afpd'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/conslt05/crap/netatalk-1.4b2/etc/afpd'
make[2]: *** [afpd] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/conslt05/crap/netatalk-1.4b2/etc'
make[1]: *** [../../etc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/conslt05/crap/netatalk-1.4b2/sys/linux'
make: *** [all] Error 2

--
*****************************************************************
 Justin L. Shore			Kansas State University
 Mac Computer Consultant		313 Hale Library
 Computer & Network Services		Manhattan, KS 66506
 Voice:  (785) 532-7722		Fax:  (785) 532-6779
 http://www.ksu.edu/cns/
*****************************************************************
____________________________________
   The package said Windows 95
     or better... So I bought a Mac.
____________________________________