Subject: [netatalk-admins] SCSI...

From: Oliver Grass <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 14:47:47 +0200 (METDST)

Hi Folks,

sorry to bother you with a question, that really doesn`t belong to this
list. But as most of you are sysadmins, who have encoutered such a
problem before, i hope some of you can help me..

Five month ago i installed netatalk on a 486er with a very slow harddisk
and only 8 MB RAM. I wanted to test, if netatalk is really that good..
And it was...

Now we've upgraded the computer to a pentium 200, but the harddisk is
still the old one. So i wanted to buy a SCSI harddrive....i thougth about
a IBM DCAS 4330...
Therefore i need an SCSI-Adapter.

If i would use Windows95 or NT i would buy an Adaptec 24940 UW. But i've
heard about problems with this Adapter and linux...
I also heard that the SymbiosLogic-Cards are working very well with
linux...

And now i would know, if you can suggest me an Adapter, which has done
very well in a server, and which works with a IBM DCAS 4330....

Hope you can/will help me, and sorry about that question...
Thanx in advance
Oliver

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Oliver Graß				       	                      |
| Freiheitsplatz 10     E-mail: [email-masked]           |
| 68199 Mannheim        WWW: http://webrum.uni-mannheim.de/math/grass |

---

From: David Hamm <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 10:19:53 -0400 (EDT)

When ever I build a mission critical server I use Buslogic.  I have either
4 or 5 of theses servers now and never a minutes problem.  Ones even
hooked to a 16 gig 4 drive raid0.  Its been in use for almost 2 years now
and its never gone down execept when I take it down.