Subject: [netatalk-admins] zone_bcast Hausleiter^?^?^Q exists

From: Friedrich Schaeuffelhut <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 14:09:07 +0100 (MET)

Hi

I hav a problem with the
        netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0-5.i386.rpm
Package on a RedHat4.2

My Linuxserver is equipped with 3 networkcards.
2 networkcards are on appletalk-networks. The linuxbox shoud be the only
appletalkrouter in the network. All things seems to be ok --- but:
It's quite verbose. Every 2 minutes atalkd writes too syslog

         zone_bcast Hausleiter^?^?^Q exists

sometimes it writes

        zone_bcast Mac For You exists

I use followig atalkd.conf:

eth2 -seed -phase 2 -net 1200-1299 -addr 1200.1 -zone "Mac For You"
eth0 -seed -phase 2 -net 1000-1099 -addr 1000.1 -zone "Hausleiter"

I thougt this ugly chars ^?^?^Q in my first zone is a typo in my
configfile --- but I could not find any.

I searched all faq's I found. But nobody seems to have this Problem.
The only posting I found, says talk to your appletalkadmin --- thats me
and I'm no so expirienced with appletalk. So the only hint, sending atalkd
a signal and reading the dumpfile from /tmp was useless.

thanx
       Friedrich Schaeuffelhut