Subject: [netatalk-admins] Frustrated Q: Printing on solaris

From: Lukas Karrer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 13:30:17 +0100

Hello all,

I just spent a frustrated day trying to set up printing an a Solaris 2.6
Box. I did not succed.

Solaris is printing fine on it's attached QMS Laser on /dev/bpp0 (parallel
port). The Printer is named lp, -> the default printer. I set up papd.conf
like:

QMS-PS415:\
        	:pd=/opt/atalk/ppd/QMS-PS410:

Now: Do I have to have an /etc/printcap, for netatalk to recognize which
device it has to print on??

I would appreciate any help, since I am (not) yet an experienced Sysadmin.

TIA

Lukas Karrer

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 	        Lukas Karrer           Email: [email-masked]
 	          		       WWW: http://www.trash.net/
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
     Check out the stinkiest site on the web!      Get a sniff from
www.trash.net