Subject: [netatalk-admins] rc.atalk and or loadable module problem

From: Peter Tromba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 11:36:33 -0700 (PDT)

with both netatalk 1.3.3 and 1.4b2 I have been trying to get a Linux
2.0.33 (slackware) box to serve files for macs.

the make and make install go fine; I have edited and correctly placed the
various config files, and I believe I have correctly make a kernel with
loadable module support for Appletalk (Appletalk DDD).

when I run my rc.atalk file, I get:

loading netatalk: starting appletalk daemons:socket: Invalid argument
 atalkd nbprgstr papd afpd.

if I just run atalkd I get the socket: Invalid argument

when I run lsmod I do not see any Appletalk module and when I run
/sbin/modprobe appletalk if get:

/lib/modules/2.0.33/misc/appletalk.o: unresolved symbol
register_snap_client
/lib/modules/2.0.33/misc/appletalk.o: unresolved symbol
unregister_snap_client

Peter Tromba
Greater Albany Public Schools