Subject: [netatalk-admins] 2g volume size limit question.

From: Randy Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 14:39:36 +0000

I downloaded the latest 1.4 source , patchs afpd-bfree.diff, and
afpd-macos8.diff.
I'm running slackware 3.4 with kernel source 2.0.33.
I first patched the source with the command patch < afpd-bfree.diff
(with the diff file in my netal* source dir) then i did the
afpdmacos8.diff next.
I got a positive patch from both,
I used the defaults and installed into /usr/local and used the rc.atalk
unmodified.
Here's the problem every thing works except large volume support.
The drive is mounted and using df it shows :

1024-blocks            Used            Available        Capacity
Mounted on
6079051                    15                5764164
0%                /mactest

When I go to my mac I get 1.9g available. How do I get to use all of my
disk.

I also have Redhat with NetaTalk-1.42b2+asun 2.0a18.2 it doesn't have
the volume problem.
It works fine on my test network with one hub at home. But I can't get
it to
work right with the SMC switch the Macs are connected to at work . The
file
server is not connected directly to the switch. It is connected to a hub
that is
connected to the switch using the cascade port. The macs see the server
both
with normal AppleTalk and IP but when I select the sever I get a no
response
frome the sever.

Any help would be great

Thanks

ran

RanTheMan

[email-masked]

---

From: Randy Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 06:58:44 +0000

I looked into the archive about the 2g problem sorry for not doing it
from the start.

If someone could help with my switch problem it would be great.

I have Redhat with NetaTalk-1.42b2+asun 2.0a18.2 it doesn't have the 2g
volume problem. It works fine on my test network with one hub at home.
But I can't get it to work right with the SMC switch the Macs are
connected to at work . The file server is not connected directly to the
switch. It is connected to a hub that is connected to the switch using
the cascade port. The macs see the NetaTalk server on my Redhat 5.0 box
with normal AppleTalk and IP but when I select the sever I get a no
response from the sever. I'm stumped.
 
 Any help would be great
 
 Thanks
 
 ran
 
 RanTheMan
 
 [email-masked]