Subject: [netatalk-admins] getting the man pages to work, Solaris 2.5.1

From: Jesse Reynolds <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 00:35:46 +1030

Hi there

I'm wondering how I go about letting my solaris box know about the netatalk
man pages that i've just installed, so I can do "man atalkd" among other
things.

cheers

jesse

---

From: [email-masked] (W. Frank Lowe)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 11:53:15 -0500

>
>  how I go about letting my solaris box know about the netatalk man pages
>

Just add /path/to/netatalk/manpages to your MANPATH environmental variable
For sh: MANPATH=${MANPATH}:/path/to/netatalk/manpage_root ; export MANPATH

If you want the new man pages to be searchable with man -k you can build a
windex file in the new manpage_root. Use the /usr/openwin/man/makewhatis
script as a guide.

Regards

Frank
[email-masked]