Subject: [netatalk-admins] Claris HomePage file save problem

From: Mark McCarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 20:30:24 -0800

I'm having a problem with Claris HomePage and my RedHat 5.0 Linux box.  The
first time a Claris HomePage file (version 2 or 3) is saved it works fine,
but for each subsequent Save or Save as.. a "backup" file is created.  For
example, a file named test.htm is saved.  If a change is made then saved
(or Save as..) an additional file is created with some random number
appended to the end of the name.

Original file: test.htm (original is always up to date)
Copy: test.htm272 (a different file is created with each Save or Save as..,)

The original file reflects any changes while the copies always reflect the
contents before the save.   This problem  only occurs on my RedHat 5.0
system with Netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2-oa1.  My RedHat 4.1-1 with netatalk
1.4b2 works fine.

The following error message is also appearing frequently: -43 "No Such
File" Error When Saving File An HTML Document in HomePage 2.0 and 3.0

The FileMaker (formerly Claris) support page says the file has been moved,
but I have never moved the file when this message has appeared.

Never had this problem with RedHat 4.1-1 and netatalk 1.4b2

Not having problems with ClarisWorks 5.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Mark McCarty
Floyd Light Middle School
Portland, Oregon