Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Whatis asun?

From: Mark Donnelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 13:40:47 -0500

Quote...

A sun is a mass
Of incandescent gas - 
A gigantic nuclear furnace!

- Where hydrogen turns to 
helium at a temperature
of millions of degrees.

The sun is hot...
The sun is not...
A place where we could live.

But, here on Earth 
there'd be no life
without the light it gives.

...quote.

Sorry, that was too much of a setup.  I couldn't resist.

In reference to your question, the asun distribution is specifically a
development version of netatalk done by one Adrian Sun of Washington
University, incorporating things such as AppleShare/IP, various fixes, PAM
support, persistant DIDs (not currently, but rumored to be in the works),
and much more. 

You can get it off ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/pub/asun, if I recall
correctly.

--Mark

---

From: Hannu Krosing <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 22:58:45 +0300

> You can get it off ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/pub/asun, if I recall

actually  ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/pub/user-supported/asun/

Hannu

---

From: Mark Donnelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 16:16:13 -0500

> actually  ftp://ftp.u.washington.edu/pub/user-supported/asun/

I stand corrected. 

(and on my head, at that!)

Since I'm replying, I might as well attribute my previous quote: 
"The Sun", by They Might Be Giants (US Music group).  I can't remember the
album.

--Mark