Subject: [netatalk-admins] papd problem - binary postscript

From: Arek Jankowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 14:09:32 +0200 (MET DST)

I saw someone has posted question about this, but no one replied.
The problem is:
When printing Postscipt file from Mac, something weird happens - papd
consumes 90% of CPU while processing something unknown. Only beginning of
the file is transmitted to the spool directory of lpr and nothing happens.
I was waiting about 20 minutes and had to cancel print job from the Mac. I
think something is wrong with the papd.
The file was a binary postscipt - for ascii postscript everything seems to
be ok.
The transmitted fragment of postscript ends just before the beginning of
binary data.
The same thing happens when I try to print this file not from Mac, but
using pap client.

If someone can help with this, please reply. I can send binary postscript file
which causes this problem.

If no one replies, I will give up and try using ppr's papsrv.

--
Arek Jankowski