Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Uninterruptably sleeping processes

From: Vivek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 19:38:58 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Vivek wrote: 
> On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Michael M Han wrote:
> 
> > What release of netatalk on what platform? There's a small fix for
> > 1.4b2 and all derivatives for Solaris (on Solaris child afpd's may
> > exit with the EAGAIN signal, which netatalk doesn't know how to handle
> > w/o the patch). I heard a muttering here about a month ago about
> > similar behavior on FreeBSD.
> 
> IT'S 1.4b2 running on a Linux 2.0.34 system, IIRC.... I can't check right
> now - have to run...

Right: I tracked down the problem to one particular Mac, [just as it went 
away]... apparently the Mac had been infected with a virus, which was what
was making it take a nosedive far more often than was usual... they zapped
the virus, and now the problem has gone away... I'm not sure if I can
duplicate the problem by connecting from an uninfected Mac and
force-crashing it, I'll have a go at some point, and contact whoever's
appropriate with a strace of afpd if I can.

Does 1.4b2+asun have the EAGAIN patch integrated into it? I have other
machines runing that, I'll just go over to that on the problem machine if
it has [assuming EAGAIN is the problem]...

Anyway, enough rambling, thanks for the info...
-- 
You go insane if you go without sleep for too long.
And not in a good way, either.