Subject: [netatalk-admins] No gains with 8.5 and asun

From: [email-masked] (Lee Blevins)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 22:51:44 -0500

Why am I not seeing the proposed speed increase with 8.5 and
netatalk+asun? 

Was this all a hoax?

It's clocking it at the same speed as 8.1.

I thought 8.5 was supposed to be much faster.

---

From: "Fred Lindberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 09:39:29 -0600

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998 06:15:58 -0500, Lee Blevins wrote:

>I'm seeing no net gain.
>Same speed as 8.1.
>Very dissapointing.

Please stop this. Messages addressing this have been on the list
between yours.

If you can't/won't spend the time to suggest improvements and submit
patches, couldn't you at least submit some relevant info? What are you
clocking? What's the server, client, connectivity?

Without this, you messages are at least annoying, and probably
offensive. If this is your intent, use private E-mail. As I assume it
is not, I'm sending this to the list to save you some offensive
replies.

-Sincerely, Fred

(Frederik Lindberg, Infectious Diseases, WashU, St. Louis, MO, USA)