Subject: [netatalk-admins] simple question: umask for files created via afpd

From: List User <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 16:58:41 -0400

I read the man pages for afpd (and atalkd) and couldn't find any info on 
how to set the default umask for users' afpd sessions.

How can I specify what sort of umask I want a particular user or group of 
users to have when they mount an Appleshare volume from the linux server 
here?

Thanks,

     -Sam

---

From: Casey Bisson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 14:10:45 -0400

I belive that MacOS defaults to the permissions of the parent directory when
creating a new directory, even when using a netatalk server. But MacOS doesn't
apply permissions to files, or understand the execute bit.

Samba lets you set the "file creation mode," allowing you to set a default owner
and permissions on any share. Such functionality would be usefull in netatalk.

Casey Bisson
Information Technology
Plymouth State College