Subject: [netatalk-admins] ADSP and PPCToolbox?

From: [email-masked]
Date: 14 Oct 98 12:57:21 -0700

Hi,

Has anyone out there heard of an AppleTalk protocol stack or
application, preferably running on Linux that implements the ADSP(Apple
Data Streaming Protocol)?

Or are there any developers that might be willing to work with me to
implement ADSP? I could probably get something going on Linux, but I don't
know about other platforms, however since it all runs on top of DDP that
should be fairly independant, and I've written a bit of cross platform code
for
Mac and Wintel.(I'm a developer myself, just a bit rusty on Linux/Unix
since I've been doing mostly Mac development... ;*} ). I'm particularly
interested in getting access to the PPCToolBox and it's capabilities from a
Linux platform. Currently that requires the ADSP and possibly ASDSP.

I've got netatalk up and running on my box but it doesn't have ADSP, and
I don't know when it will. I do have the Inside AppleTalk, which doesn't
have a detailed protocol description, but should be enough to get the
basics up and working.

Any relevant pointers, information or suggestions appreciated,

TJ