Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk Server troubles Saving documents

From: Mitch McNeel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 09:53:34 -0700

Hi All Admin.'s,

        I received this from my Catalog department using
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2. on a Solaris 2.6 UE-450 sun machine.  They
seem to be receiving these error on a daily basis.  Does anyone know
what the problem could be??

Thanks in advance.
Mitch

Subject: Server troubles
From: "Scott Niquette" <[email-masked]>
To: mitchm
Cc: jeffn, misops, michelea
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 09:14:16 -0700

Good morning,

Yesterday (9/10/98) and this morning, we encountered many error messages
when saving, opening and working on mini catalog pages in Quark. In most
instances, it was a problem when we were saving a document.

We have our quark applications set to automatically save a duplicate copy
of each quark file. Previously (on our old server) this worked fine and
pages were saved as FILENAME #2, then FILENAME #3 etc. Now the initial
document saves fine (except when the error messages listed below show up)
but the backup gives us a message (Duplicate File Name [-48]). The backup
is then saved as:
XPress Temp~241451. It opens fine and is a backup, but we have no way of
knowing which XPress Temp document is electrical, which is plumbing and so
on.

The follow is a list of error messages we got when working on the documents:

UNEXPECTED END OF FILE [-39]
We got this when trying to save a quark document and also when trying to
import or update images in the doucment.

FILE IS ALREADY OPEN
We got this when trying to save a quark document we had just corrected.

UNKNOWN ERROR [-50]
This showed up when trying to save a quark document.

OUT OF MEMORY [-108]
This message flashed on the screen when trying to open a quark document,
though each machine had sufficient memory to open it.

SYSTEM BOMB: ERROR TYPE [-10]
This occurred when we simply tried to close a document.

Please get back to me if you need things tested or if you need further
details or a demonstration of the trouble we're encountering.

Scott Niquette
Catalog Dept.
ext. 6123