Subject: [netatalk-admins] Netatalk+asun broken after IP change

From: Aaron Whiteman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:20:56 -0800 (PST)

I have a redhat box that has been acting as a file server for my lone mac,
and has worked really well until the network admins made me change my IP.

Now, when I go to dbl-click my server in the chooser, I get a dialog box
titled "Connection status" with the barbor pole "Verifying"  If I hit
cancel or wait for the dialog to time out, it falls back to AppleTalk.  On
the client side, I have removed the AppleTalk related prefs (even as far
as removing the _entire_ preferences folder and rebooting) to no avail.
Note: the connection _is_ properly established when I use the 'server ip'
choose button.

I have confirmed in /var/log/messages that the server is properly starting
up on both AppleTalk and IP.  All other services on the box are now
working fine with the new IP.  I assume there is a cache somewhere with my
old IP, but I cant find it... any ideas?

-- 
Aaron Whiteman -- [email-masked]

Though I use a Macintosh, I am not a Mac-Bigot.  I just hate windows.
  All spamers are nuked ... Just try me.