Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] QuarkExpress loosing links

From: Mitch McNeel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 12:08:23 -0700

So there is no fix for this problem at the time...  The funny thing about it,
is if the user copies the entire directory to another newly created
directory, then deletes the original directory, then creates a new directory
with the same name as the original, then copies that directory into the new
directory of the same name, all the links reappear on the document.

What your take on that??

Mitch

Neil McAllister wrote:

> >        After saving a document in QuarkXpress 4.0.3 with all the links
> >to certain pix files, a user then later reopens this document and finds
> >that all the links to the pix he add are gone.  Has anyone experienced
> >QuarkXpress loosing links to files that have been inserted into a
> >document??  Is there a fix for this or does anyone have suggestion on
> >what to do??
>
> This may be a manifestation of the "no fixed DIRIDs" problem... aliases in
> applications don't work so hot on netatalk servers...
>
> --
> Neil McAllister, Systems Administrator
> Primo Angeli Inc., San Francisco, CA, USA
> http://www.primo.com  mailto:[email-masked]
>