Subject: [netatalk-admins] How is the filestorage of Netatalk

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 14:23:44 +0100 (WET DST)

At the moment I have a Sun Sparc5 box running with Solaris and using CAP 
for the appleshare. I would like to make backups of this share on CDr but 
because my Sun CDr only supports ISO file names it is a big problem 
getting that partition on a CD on a sensible way. It would be nice if the 
mac could immediatly read it. This problem is mostly because CAP keeps 
the MAC filestructure with .finderinfo. 

Now before starting to spent time on netatalk i would like to know how is 
the file storage with netatalk arranged. Will it be transfered to normal 
UNIX file storage or will it be the same as CAP?

Hope anyone can help me

Best Regards,
Jan-Willem

____________________________________________________________________________
"Trying is the first step toward failure" Homer Simpson
============================================================================
Jan-Willem van der Wal			Kerkstraat 245'	
Systeem Technicus 			1017 GW  AMSTERDAM
Academisch Medisch Centrum		020-6266463	
K2-207
meibergdreef 9				[email-masked]
1105 AZ AMSTERDAM
020-5663793
============================================================================