Subject: [netatalk-admins] proxy

From: Albert Max Lai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 21:05:44 -0500 (EST)

I was wondering if there is a way to configure netatalk in such a way that
it simply passes AppleTalk traffic from one interface to another. An idea
I've been toying with is putting my machines on a 10BaseT network and use
a Linux machine as a bridge/firewall between the 10 and 100BaseT networks. 
This works just fine for TCP/IP traffic, but can this be done with
AppleTalk traffic (without setting up another zone)? Any information on
this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
Albert Lai <[email-masked]>           1018D East Campus
Residential Computer Consultant           411 W. 116th St.
Columbia University                       New York, NY 10027
http://www.columbia.edu/~aml61            (212)853-4854

---

From: "Steven N. Hirsch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 00:05:13 -0500 (EST)

> this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The 2.1 kernel series has properly supported this for a while.  I have a
box running 2.1.132-ac3 w/ netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.1.  It routes just fine
between interfaces if atalkd.conf is properly setup.

Steve