Subject: [netatalk-admins] byte locks and such

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 16:10:35 -0700 (PDT)

i just thought people should know that my bytelock implementation has
fairly serious problems due to my misinterpretation of fcntl lock
semantics. i'll reset the default to flocks and try to spruce up
oforks to deal with opening the same file multiple times on the same
machine in my next patchset.

-a

---

From: Julian Elischer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 07:44:30 -0700 (PDT)

please wait till we get back from USENIX

We want to make a common SAMBA/netatalk lock manager.

Evan.. you said you were here somewhere?
where?

julian.

---

From: thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 14:52:59 +0200 (CEST)

if You wait with the replacement of the locking-mechnisms,
please mail how to use the netatalk+asun-patch with a patch to just
replace the locking to the former behaviour,
cause i am using netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2 for the speed of tcp/ip and
the users have to shout "i am using doc XX, please don't open it" at the
moment.

Thank You,
Thomas Riewe

---

From: a sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 23:09:14 -0700 (PDT)

i just stuck a pre-asun2.1.0.tar.gz at
ftp.u.washington.edu:/public/asun. it should have the solaris fixes as
well as the switch back to flocks. fyi, i changed to an x.y.z notation
because i was tired with the old one.

-a