Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Ghostscript/Netatalk

From: Tim Buller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:45:26 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Andras Kadinger wrote:

> Tim Buller wrote:
> >         What I'm unclear about is how to use pap to send the output of
> > ghostscript to the printer. Is there a way to tell pap in an interface
> > script not to output postscript, i.e. just take the input stream and throw
> > it at the LocalTalk-connected printers?
> 
> In my experience (although only with EtherTalk PostScript printers), pap
> itself never changed the input stream while sending it out. Might your
> script force converting to postscript again? Try calling pap directly.

You are indeed correct... if I use send the ghostscript converted .ps file
to the printer using pap on the command line, it works!

I'll post more comprehensive info when I get everything working...

Thanks Andras...

	Tim

====
Tim Buller                                       [email-masked]
Systems Specialist                       Snow Hall 643, (785) 864-7311
Department of Mathematics     University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045