Subject: [netatalk-admins] afpd.conf questions

From: patrick finerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 17:22:59 -0600 (MDT)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

i think i am missing something with the afpd.conf setup.

i have /usr/local/atalk/etc/afpd.conf. it's last access time is
updated when starting afpd, so i would guess it is being read. 

i am able to change passwords, have two-way randnum when using
appletalk over tcp/ip, however, none of this works unless i specify
the host machine IP (use the server IP address button). picking the
host from the regular chooser interface only gives me a cleartext
option and no longer connects by tcp/ip by default as it used to.

this is what is in my afpd.conf file:

- -noguest -nocleartxt -norandnum -rand2num -savepassword -setpassword

the '-noguest' doesn't do anything and neither does -noddp

what am i doing wrong?
- -pjf
- -- 
       "There is only one aim in life and that is to live it."
 Karl Shapiro,(1959) from an essay on Henry Miller's Tropic of Cancer
	  finger [email-masked] for PGP key
		    http://zifi.genetics.utah.edu