Subject: [netatalk-admins] Red Hat 5.0/Netatalk 1.4/asun's afp/tcp patches

From: mail-atalk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 21:48:14 -0800

Tried installing asusn's patched Netatalk (a18), but ran into errors when 
trying to compile.

Tried to apply the Red Hat 5.0 patches, but they wouldn't apply (probably 
because of asun's patches in the files).

Bummer, eh?

Can anyone help, since this kind of troubleshooting is beyond me.

Harry

---

From: Jonathan Peterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 10:12:28 +0000

>because of asun's patches in the files).

Give up on patches, I did. You can get the full source, with latest asun
patches from the asun place. Or you can mail me and I'll send you my tar.gz
file. I've heard the patches require the very tippy top latest release of
the 'patch' program, which is why people struggle to get them working.
Anyway, if you download the complete patched source tree and re-compile you
should be OK.

Warning. There seemed to be more 'fluff' in the makefile for the asun
version, which is to say I had to comment out more stuff than usual before
it compiled :-) I think it defaults to yes for some of the encryption
options, which you may not have libs for (I didn't).

--------
Jon Peterson	[email-masked]	+44 (0)171 613 5300
Internet Developer

Death is a gladsome wedding for us.