Subject: [netatalk-admins] Registered Users

From: Brett Lomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 12:37:01 +1200

Gidday.

I have a questions, I was reading the NET-2-HOWTO and was setting up an
Appletalk network, like the documentation says.

But the network only partially works, I cannot logon as a registered
guest frm my mac... it allows me to try.. but always says the password
is invalid.

All of the guest stuff works fine... and is realy cool.

Thank you for your help.. it is much appreciated.

Brett Lomas

Subject: A Question
From: Brett Lomas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 12:04:40 +1200

Gidday.

I have a questions, I was reading the NET-2-HOWTO and was setting up an
Appletalk network, like the documentation says.

But the network only partially works, I cannot logon as a registered
guest frm my mac... it allows me to try.. but always says the password
is invalid.

All of the guest stuff works fine... and is realy cool.

Thank you for your help.. it is much appreciated.

Brett Lomas

---

From: Colin Eric Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 19:06:28 -0600 (MDT)

> guest frm my mac... it allows me to try.. but always says the password

Check to make sure that /etc/shells in accurate and in place. This has
caused problems in the past.

Colin E. Johnson | [email-masked] | http://www.unm.edu/~colinj/
``It takes a lot to get me desperate, and a lot is what I took''
from - The Adventures of Ruby the Galactic Gumshoe