Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Access Authentication under MacOS 8.

From: [email-masked] (Nick Smith)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 08:54:56 +0200

> X-Lines: 48
> 
> That didn't seem to work. I even reset the passwd again just to make sure.
> I checked the caaps lock and the Keyboard setting on the Mac - to make
> sure it was in the right lnaguage??? 
> 
> Any guesses?
> 
> Thanks ahead of time!!

What does your /etc/nsswitch.conf look like?  I have strange
authentication problems because I use NIS+.  I found that if I log in
via telnet into the require user everything is OK until the next
reboot of the machine hosting netatalk - weird!  Also I found that a
rsh to the target machine with a .rhosts setup didn't work.  Therefore
it seems to be that if the passwd is decrypted / fetched from the NIS+
master then it works, if not...

Does anyone else running netatalk in a NIS+ environment. I'm using
1.4b2+asun18.2
Regards,

Nick Smith

--
"Doing it right is no excuse for not meeting the timescales" - Management