Subject: [netatalk-admins] tkchooser network browser update

From: Ethan Gold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 20:55:59 -0700

Greetings again.
I'm happy to announce the next snapshot of tkchooser, the MacOS
chooser-like appletalk and smb network browsing utility.
Thanks to those of you brave enough to try it the first time around and
help me squash some bugs. This release features increased robustness,
greater configurability, and the first working smb plugin. The LaserWriter
plugin now supports a printing filter as well. The CHANGES file which
accompanies the package details the update.
Again, tkchooser can be found at:
http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~etgold/chooser.html
Thanks.

	-Ethan

 ---------------------------------------------------
| Ethan Gold, Vassar College class of '97           |
| http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~etgold/                 |
|---------------------------------------------------|
| UGS Research Assistant                            |
| Nonproliferation and International Security       |
| Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM    |
 ---------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 10:22:51 +0200 (SAT)

ahem. the 203 archive on your web page says this:

bash# tar tf *.tar
bash#

it's empty.

____________________________________________________________
John Ostrowick
[email-masked], +27 11 716-3783
Computer Science Department, University of the Witwatersrand   
Web site, ftp site and listserv all available at: 
http://macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za/

---

From: Ethan Gold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 23:02:20 -0700

>ahem. the 203 archive on your web page says this:

Ack! I got several reports of this. Sorry for the mixup. It turns
out that the web server was misparsing the filename extensions due to
the three dots in the name. The name has been changed and everything
seems to be in order now. Please try again.
http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~etgold/chooser.html

	-Ethan

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 12:07:46 +0200 (SAT)

ok, i got it and it shows the items correctly (it's much slower at seeing
network devices than a mac, any idea why?) - BUT now it won't let me do
anything. it comes up with an error which seems related to grafx when i
try, say, mount a mac.

---

From: Ethan Gold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 23:02:20 -0700

-Ethan