Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] berkeley db?

From: "Brandon S. Allbery" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 19:27:06 -0500 (EST)

+----- From: Palle Girgensohn <[email-masked]>
| a sun wrote:
| > i'm curious about which of the supported netatalk machines have the
| > berkeley db library installed by default. i know it's on linux and
| > *bsd, but i don't know about the rest (sunos, solaris, and ultrix).
| 
| On Solaris (2.6), nbdm is the preferred installed db-library. There is
| also dbm from SunOS. I have never seen any references to Sun supporting
| Berkeley DB. I don't think Sun has ever used it, though I have not
+--->8

As far as I've been able to determine, the only commercial *ix that includes
Berkeley DB is Digital Unix.

-- 
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 [email-masked]
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   [email-masked]
electrical and computer engineering
carnegie mellon university			   (bsa@kf8nh is still valid.)