Subject: [netatalk-admins] FileGuard and netatalk 1.4b2 on Linux 2.0.33

From: Josh Rotenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 09:24:28 -0800

hi,

my network admin asked me some questions about problems we are having using
netatalk on linux whilst using FileGuard on the mac. below is an edited
version of his email. i have poked around a bit and havent found any answers.
if anyone has seen this problem and, even better, fixed it, please let me
know.

thanks,

josh

*********
Here is the deal:  we cannot run FileGuard on our Macs (security software
to lock screens and secure the data on the machines) because of a conflict
that happens when the FileGuard extension is running, and the person tries
to use the "Webserver" volume shared from the linux machine.

Here is the info I've got from the Mac side:

Mac OS 7.5.5, 7.6.1, 8.0
Open Transport 1.1, 1.2
Apple Share Client 3.6, 3.7, 3.7.2
FileGuard 3.0.5, 3.0.8

1) When you log into "webserver" from the chooser and try to copy a file
onto the "webserver" volume, it freezes the machine

2) When you try and log into "webserver" using Drag Thing, it freezes the
machine

3) The problem is caused not only by trying to copy a file from the local
file system to the remote system but also when people try and log into the
machine.  Would you speculate the problem is with FileGuard? or NetaTalk?

Please let me know how you think I should proceed.  I will continue working
with ASD Software technical support, but answers to the questions you have
above might provide me with some information I'm sure they are going to ask.

-- 
		        	
				josh rotenberg		

	email: [email-masked]			[email-masked]
	web:   www.adj.com			www.parasite.com
	phone: 415 487 4520 x 151		don't call me.	
	
	 static void (*function)(void *) = (void (*)(void *))NULL;
		
		# This is a comment. I love comments.