Subject: [netatalk-admins] Alias switching

From: Brian Bergstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 22:39:15 -0600

Has anyone figured the cause/solution of the problem where aliases pointing
to an app on a netatalk vol sometimes switch creator codes. This seems to
be happening to me quite a bit, and it is really annoying. The alias seems
to switch creators when I double click on it to launch the app.

I thought I had heard of this problem somewhere, not sure though.

Setup:
1 Mac, OS 8.1

Linux 2.0.33 (Slak 3.4 std dist)
netatalk 1.4b2+asun18.2

Any input would be appreciated,
Brian

Brian Bergstrand
University Network Specialist
Northern Illinois University
http://www.pair.com/dmoll/

"Most of the shots that we're talking about, which are the space battle
shots at the end of the movie, were actually done on a Macintosh, the kind
of thing that almost anybody can do."
--George Lucas, on the refurbishment of the Star Wars trilogy.