Subject: [netatalk-admins] Managing netatalk - with a user-friendly interface

From: Andras Kadinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 00:32:01 +0100

My fellow administrators,

With this message I would like to open a discussion about user friendly
netatalk management interface ideas and solutions.

I think, to make users' life easier - and thus netatalk even more
popular - we would need a user friendly management interface for
netatalk related management issues, like:

- network management
- user management
- volume management
- spool management
- [place your entry here]
- etc. (whatever extensions people might came up with for netatalk -
like OPI)

I suppose, most of the actual users of netatalk services are average Mac
users, and they tend to have a need to get management (and usually, all
other) issues offered to them in a nice, clickable, graphical manner. [I
am almost afraid to confess, that sometimes it might even make life
easier for some of us. :)]

Sincerely,
Andras Kadinger
[email-masked]