Subject: [netatalk-admins] Solaris 2.6 x86 and Netatalk?

From: "Owen E. Ward" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 12:45:01 -0500

Hello!

	I am a newbie at this so any info you guys can provide will be
greatly appreciated.

	I've found that asking before one does something is usually the
best route, since others out there have gone through the same problems
before, and figured them out, so they can be of invaluable assistance.

So here're the questions:

I have a Solaris 2.6 x86 box, and I was wondering if anyone has
successfully run netatalk on it?  If so, what version?  What is the best
version to run (i.e., the latest beta or the latest release version)?  What
patches do I need to apply to netatalk to make it work with OS 8 and 8.1
Macs (only 8 and 8.1 machines will be connecting to this box, so no worries
about System 6 or 7)?  What other patches should I apply to netatalk for
general operations?  Has there been any problems compiling netatalk to work
on Solaris x86?

Again, any help, comments, suggestions or insights sent directly to my
e-mail address would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Owen Ward

o w e n  e .  w a r d

e - m a i l           <[email-masked]>
w e b  s i t e        http://www.pycckuu.org/
v o i c e             (301) 254-0278
c a m p u s           (301) 314-4046
f a c s i m i l e     (301) 314-9841