Subject: [netatalk-admins] Help w/error please...

From: Mark Bucher <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Oct 98 10:02:32 -0500

I have set up netatalk on a Redhat linux v5.0 (hurricane) system.
The kernel has been compiled with Appletalk and I have installed the "=
netatalk-1.4b2-1.i386.rpm" package.
I have configured it and setup the AppleVolumes.default file.
The server shows up in the chooser fine.
When I select Appleshare from the chooser I can enter the username and =
password but as soon as I do the mac will show a watch cursor and hang =
requiring a reboot.

On the linux side the console gets a message that says "afpd: can't =
resolve symbol '__xstat' ".

Could someone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this error?
Please reply to the list or to [email-masked].
Thanks,
Mark Bucher
Palmyra Area School District

---

From: Osma Ahvenlampi <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Oct 1998 22:35:36 +0300

> netatalk-1.4b2-1.i386.rpm" package.

I guess this is the fourth time this week I'm replying to a message
like this. The version you're using is old and buggy. Use one of the
Andrew Sun (asun) branch RPMs in Red Hat's contrib. Any one of them
will work better. I just uploaded netatalk-1.4b2-asun5.1.0-pre11 RPM
to Red Hat's incoming.

-- 
Confucious say too damn much! 
Osma Ahvenlampi <[email-masked]>