Subject: [netatalk-admins] 1.4b2+asun and passwords

From: "Eric KieslingThompson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 11:34:17 -0800

I downloaded "netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2" and finally got successful
compiles.  Unfortunately, no matter what I try, I can't seem to get netatalk
to accept my passwords.  I've done the obvious, such as add -DSHADOWPW to
cflags, to /sys/linux/Makefile, etc., and also everything that I could find
in mail from this list.  As I said, I am getting successful compiles--no
erros or warnings.  I have been running 1.4b2 on several systems with no
problems.  What can I be missisng?

The system I'm in most need of upgrading is an AMD k5-pr100, triton mb,
running Slackware Linux, kernel 2.0.30.  The macs are running 7.5.x.

TIA,

erict

---

From: "Michael A. Erickson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 16:00:08 -0500

> problems.  What can I be missisng?

I had this problem for a while after upgrading from 1.4b2 to the
latest (?) asun release.

I found that the problem was not my password, but my username.  I had
created an entry in my passwd file with Erickson as the username that
worked fine in 1.4b2, but once I upgraded, I couldn't mount anything
until I changed the username in the passwd file to erickson (even
though my username was still listed as Erickson with a captital E in
the chooser dialog).

Could that be your problem?

\MaE

Michael A. Erickson
[email-masked]