Subject: [netatalk-admins] RE: ASUN + NO_QOUTA = problem?

From: Tom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 21:27:52 -0400 (EDT)

I have a problem when compiling the ASUN
version of 1.4b2...  

it compiles for a while then it dies when
trying to compile afpd..

it can't find quota.h

unix.c:63: sys/quota.h: No such file or directory

please help ...netatalk 1.3.3 is cool but
ASIP has to be cool.

			Thomas Dorr

---

From: Steven Bonneville <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 08:32:03 -0500 (CDT)

> unix.c:63: sys/quota.h: No such file or directory

This is practically a FAQ.  Apparently, if you're using a version of
glibc prior to 970627 or a version of libc prior to 5.4.34, you need
to uncomment the -DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER in sys/linux/Makefile.  The
README.LINUX file seems to think that this variable is already set,
but it must have gotten commented out without updating the docs.

  -- Steve Bonneville

---

From: Tony Moran <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 17:45:04 +0100

>but it must have gotten commented out without updating the docs.

I'm at this right now too.   If I do perform the following cos of lack of
up to date versions of libc/glibc, am I losing or gaining Quota support ?

Now, I'm pretty sure that I have Quotas on the system here.
I still need to do this however to get past the quota.h error :

cp /usr/src/linux/include/linux/quota.h /usr/local/include/

make then continues on fine but hits this point:

gcc     -DUAM_RNDNUM -O5 -fomit-frame-pointer -fsigned-char -Wunused
-Wuninitial
ized -I../../include   -I/usr/local/include  -DUSE_PAM -DAPPLCNAME -DCRLF
-o a
fpd unix.o afs.o kuam.o send_to_kdc.o lifetime.o ofork.o main.o switch.o auth.o
volume.o directory.o file.o enumerate.o desktop.o filedir.o fork.o appl.o
gettok
.o bprint.o status.o afp_options.o afp_asp.o afp_dsi.o messages.o config.o
-L../
../libatalk    -L/usr/local/lib  -latalk   -ldes   -lwrap -lpam -ldl
unix.o: In function `getquota':
unix.o(.text+0x254): undefined reference to `quotactl'

Is this because of glibc prior to 970627 or a version of libc prior to
5.4.34 or
is there a way around this ?

Thanks,  Tony
Now I have gotten past this before, by uncommenting the

__________________________________________________
Tony Moran		Scope Communications.
IT Manager		http://www.infolive.ie
Ph:   (+353-1)-8303455	http://www.jobfinder.ie
Fax: (+353-1)-8300888	Ireland's Jobs and IT resources Web Site
__________________________________________________
How to complain about Spam: http://weber.ucsd.edu/~pagre/spam.html
-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

      "'Tis true; there's magic in the web of it;" Othello, Act 3 Scene 4

                                          ->>!<<-