Subject: [netatalk-admins] netatalk ip vs atalk

From: "Leo Wierzbowski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 15:24:10 -0500

Hello,  I've installed netatalk 1.4b2 + asun 2.0a18 on RedHat 5.0 and
it's working OK in my tests.  I've done a couple of file transfer time
trials with my appleshare 3.7.2 client and I've not seen any
significant difference in speed between appleshare/ip and
appleshare/ethertalk.  Is this normal or have I configured something
improperly?  I assume my PowerMac 601/120 and x86/233 Server are
sufficiently fast.

Sincerely,
Leo Wierzbowski

http://grove.ufl.edu/~leo/

Valentine's Day: http://grove.ufl.edu/~leo/val.html

"The University of Florida does not endorse or
 disendorse the content of this document.
 Everything is the author's private opinion."
-----Original Message-----
From: Andras Kadinger <[email-masked]>
To: Netatalk list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thursday, February 19, 1998 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [netatalk-admins] Re: Netatalk Routing Problem...

>While we are at it:
>
>What does nbplkup tell You? Can other objects on the network be seen
>from the Linux box?
>
>Sincerely,
>Andras Kadinger
>[email-masked]
>

---

From: Mark Donnelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 16:41:54 -0600 (CST)

Are you sure you are, in fact, connecting via Appletalk rather than
Appletalk/IP?  By default, the client will probe for an Appletalk/IP
connection on the host machine and use it if available.  I think you can
hold down option or something in the chooser to enforce
Appletalk/Ethertalk...

Hope this helps,
--Mark
    "I think so Brain, but if they called them sad meals, then nobody
        would buy them." 
   --Pinky