Subject: [netatalk-admins] Problem compiling asun a18

From: Jason Schlauch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 98 19:19:41 -0500

I'm having problems compiling asun a18.  My system is an out-of-the-box 
Redhat 5.0 machine (no kernel or other source tree patches).  If anybody 
knows what is going on, or how to fix it, please let me know.  Here is 
the relevant part from make:

make[4]: Entering directory 
`/usr/local/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18/etc/afpd'
gcc      -O5 -fomit-frame-pointer -fsigned-char -Wunused -Wuninitialized 
-I../../include      -DAPPLCNAME -DCRLF    -c unix.c -o unix.o
In file included from /usr/include/sys/quota.h:2,
                 from unix.c:63:
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:113: parse error before `__u32'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:113: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or 
union
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:114: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:115: parse error before `dqb_curblocks'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:115: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:116: parse error before `dqb_ihardlimit'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:116: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:117: parse error before `dqb_isoftlimit'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:117: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:118: parse error before `dqb_curinodes'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:118: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:121: parse error before `}'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:138: parse error before `__u32'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:138: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or 
union
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:139: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:140: parse error before `reads'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:140: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:141: parse error before `writes'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:141: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:142: parse error before `cache_hits'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:142: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:143: parse error before `pages_allocated'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:143: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:144: parse error before `allocated_dquots'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:144: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:145: parse error before `free_dquots'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:145: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:146: parse error before `syncs'
/usr/include/linux/quota.h:146: warning: data definition has no type or 
storage class
unix.c: In function `uquota_getvolspace':
unix.c:313: storage size of `dqblk' isn't known
unix.c:313: warning: unused variable `dqblk'
unix.c: In function `overquota':
unix.c:340: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unix.c:340: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unix.c:352: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unix.c:352: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[4]: *** [unix.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory 
`/usr/local/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18/etc/afpd'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory 
`/usr/local/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18/etc/afpd'
make[2]: *** [afpd] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18/etc'
make[1]: *** [../../etc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory 
`/usr/local/src/netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18/sys/linux'
make: *** [all] Error 2

[Jason Schlauch] | [[email-masked]] | [[email-masked]]
[http://www.wam.umd.edu/~slush] | [Random thought:]
[Everyone has a personal El Guapo that they must face.  To some,         ]
[shyness may be their El Guapo.  To others, a lack of education may be   ]
[their El Guapo.  For us, El Guapo is a big mean guy who's trying to kill]
[us.  But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can  ]
[rise above and conquer their El Guapo, who also happens to be the actual]
[ElGuapo."]

---

From: "Michael M. Freeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 12:58:41 -0500 (EST)

> the relevant part from make:
Jason,
	I had the same problem, it looks like you will need to the
-DNEED_QUOTACTL_WRAPPER defined in the sys/linux/Makefile. See the top of
the Makefile for further info.  Adding the "wrapper" def allows me to
compile. Now if I can figure out the "no response from server" problem :-(