Subject: [netatalk-admins] Rhapsody

From: Sean Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:12:47 -0700

>As I hear it from the Apple folks in my area, there will really be no
>commercial release of "Rhapsody".  What will be released is a "MacOS X
>Server" and "MacOS X Workstation".

Rhapsody was just the os's code name, so MacOS X Server *IS* rhapsody
1.0 renamed.

>I assume that Appletalk server support (beyond File Sharing) will be at

>least a part of the server version if not both MacOS X flavors.
>Kind of makes Netatalk under MacOS X a moot point.

John's earlier e-mail about getting a port made me think that perhaps
rhapsody did not include appletalk file server support....  does anyone
know if this is right or wrong?  It would seem trange for them to not,
but then it is based on Next and apple may have gone in for tcp/ip...

---------------------------
>      Sean Murphy        <
>                         <
>   Lightbulb Graphics    <
>                         <
>  [email-masked]   <
> [email-masked] <
---------------------------