Subject: [netatalk-admins] Guest only ... Ultrix

From: Dick Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 07:27:32 -0700 (MST)

Hi all,
   I have the good ole guests can get through, but normal user cannot.  
The setup is 
Ultrix 4.4
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.0a18.2

First I checked that the /etc/shells file looked okay, which I think it 
did.  Then I looked at the suggestions on the netatalk web page, and 
added -DSHADOWPW to the CFLAGS variable in the afpd makefile.  When I add 
this flag, the make fails because it cannot find the file shadow.h.  I 
don't seem to have this file on my Ultrix machine.  If someone can give 
me a hint as to what I might be doing wrong, it will be much 
appreciated.  
   I only want to use the AppleShare IP part of netatalk, so 
did not install the kernel patches.  If that is my problem (although I 
looked quite closely at the code and saw no problems), please explain 
where the problem is.  I can't change the kernel on this machine, so if 
that is the problem, I probably won't be able to use netatalk.
   Thanks to all for your time,
						Dick

						Richard K. Thompson
						(406) 243-4032
						[email-masked]