Subject: atp hanging

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 15:26:53 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
 
 adapting macdump from CAP to netatalk, a problem has come up which i do not
 fully understand. Whose fault is this most likely:
 
 Macdump works with a background program on the mac that answers ATP requests
 from a CAP/netatalk unix process (client). The client asks for a dump of a
 directory tree and then for each file in turn (just asks for "next file").
 
 Once in a while an atp response will consist e.g. of packets 0,1,2,3,4,5,7
 in this order, then "EOM -- seq num 7  current bitmap 64", then the unix
 macdump process will request packet 6 again and never gets an answer.
 
 This has happened on a Sun, a router and a mac on localtalk with netatalk
 1.3.1, and on a linux 1.2.1 with netatalk 1.3.3b2 and a mac on the same
 ethernet segment as the linux box.
 
 In your opinion, who is misbehaving here?
 
 Morio