Subject: Re: Linux hfs?

From: Rob Pelkey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 96 17:20:25 -0500

>The Mac filesystem is user mode only.  It's just a set of tools that
>can access Mac floppys, cd's and hd's.  Here's the lsm on it:

Actually, now it's a kernel module, but it's stil read-only:

Title:          HFS filesystem for Linux
Version:        0.5.2
Entered-date:   June 29, 1995
Description:    Source code for a kernel-loadable module implementing a
                read-only Macintosh HFS filesystem for Linux kernel
                versions 1.2.x and 1.3.x.
                This version contains minor bug fixes over 0.5.1 and the
                addition of support for the 1.3.x series kernels.
                Improvements in 0.5.x over 0.4 include the ability to mount
                HFS CDROMs (and possibly hard disks, but that's untested).
                This is ALPHA software, so backup everything before trying it.
Keywords:       Macintosh, HFS, filesystem, kernel, module
Author:         [email-masked] (Paul H. Hargrove)
Maintained-by:  [email-masked] (Paul H. Hargrove)
Primary-site:   sunsite.unc.edu /pub/Linux/ALPHA/hfs
                39258 hfs_fs_0.5.2.tgz
Copying-policy: GPL

I tried it (back when my Linux box was still alive :( ) and it seemed pretty 
stable.  Hope I've helped...

                                                            Rob

<!-- ----------------------------------------------------------------- --
     Rob Pelkey <[email-masked]>  |  http://www.bates.edu/~rpelkey/
     Bates College '98               | "Everyone has to believe in
     Professional Web Dude           |  something...  I believe I'll
     News Director, WRBC 91.5 FM     |  skip class and surf the 'Net."
 --- ----------------------------------------------------------------- -->