Subject: Cannot assign requested address

From: Don Hayward <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 17:50:41 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

This seems like it must be obvious, and probably has been diagnosed
here before, but I missed it and am missing it.

Just moved to Linux 1.3.60, ELF, libc 5.2.16, gcc 2.7.2 and 
netatalk 1.3.3.  There were some bumps, but everything else seems to
be working.  When I try to start the netatalk daemons I get:

Starting appletalk demons:bind:Cannot assign requested address
bind:Cannot assign requested address

Thay ran before under 1.2.11 and 1.3.3b2.  I haven't changed services
or the config file.

All help will be appreciated.  Thanks.

don

Don Hayward, JAPH
Mote Marine Laboratory		[email-masked]
1600 Ken Thompson Parkway	Voice: 941.388.4441
Sarasota, FL 34236		Fax: 941.388.4312
We are an independent, non-profit, marine and estuarine 
research and education facility. 
require "disclaimer.pl"; # We run Linux
See: http://www.marinelab.sarasota.fl.us/
     http://www.marinelab.sarasota.fl.us/~don