Subject: Q: using netatalk and linux/tulip-driver

From: Martin Schulz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 1996 14:34:04 +0200 (MET DST)

hi,
is there a problem using netatalk under linux
with the tulip.c-driver for ethernet?

for friends of mine everything works perfect :-)
.. but i have a intel etherexpress pro/10 using
the tulip.c driver.

thanks martin

---

From: Mark Rafn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 10:34:08 -0700 (PDT)

> .. but i have a intel etherexpress pro/10 using

I couldn't get it to work with the SMC EtherPower 10/100 (21140 chip)
either.  TCP/IP works fine.  nbplkup and getzones show only devices/zones
on my segment (and it should show a localtalk zone on the other side of a
router).  Macs can't see my machine in the chooser at all.  1.3.88 and
2.0.0 are identical as far as these symptoms are concerned.  

I put my old SMC card back in and all works correctly.  There are some
interesting bits in the tulip.c driver code about no documentation for
accepting broadcast packets, but I don't know if this is what's causing
the problem.
--
Mark Rafn    [email-masked]