Subject: Re: atp hanging

From: Mark Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 10:25:14 -0500

>From:     [email-masked]
>  To:     [email-masked] (Mark Smith)
> 
> > Does the Mac send anything at all in response to netatalk's
> > request for packet 6?  Does a response 6 ever get sent in the first
> > place?
> 
> I haven't turned debug on in ddp, is that possible at all in the kernel?
> The debug messages from the ATP library show nothing arriving from the mac
> after the resend-request.

I don't think there is any kernel-level support for DDP debugging, but
it probably wouldn't be too hard for someone to add.

> What programs could one use on the mac to see if it sends out packet 6?

I don't know of anything you can run on a given Mac to get a trace of
what it is sending.  You might try putting a packet sniffer of some kind
on the ethernet to see what it observes.

-Mark

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 22:49:15 +0100 (CET)

> ATP response 6 seems to have been lost and the Mac was asked to re-send
> it. 

Apparently so, though this worries me a little on an ethernet segment that
isn't busy at all.

Morio