Subject: Writing to shared folders from MacOS 7.1

From: Jordi Clavero <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 16:17:26 +0000

We have netatalk running in a Linux system. We can read and write in the 
shared folders of the server from a Macintosh with MacOS 7.5, but we 
can't from a Macintosh with MacOS 7.1.

The error message reported is "There's no enough space to copy the file. 
1899,3 Mb needed" (somethig like this, sorry for the translation 
Spanish-English). Of course, the file I want to copy is just 18K.

The permissions in the linux server are well configured, so we can  
write to that shared folders from MacOS 7.5

We don't want to update the computers from 7.1 to 7.5.

Can anybody help us? Thanks in advanced.

These are the versions we use:

Linux 1.3.59 
Netatalk 1.3.3
Mac Operative System 7.1 (spanish version)
Mac Operative System 7.5 (spanish version)

--
####################################################
Jordi Clavero

Recursos Informatics.
Escola Tecnica Superior d'Enginyeria.
UNIVERSITAT ROVIRA I VIRGILI. TARRAGONA.
Autovia de Salou, s/n. Zona Educacional.
43006 TARRAGONA. SPAIN
Tel. 34(9)77 559626     -     Fax  34(9)77 559699
####################################################

---

From: Michael Breuer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 20:41:57 -0500

MacOS 7.1 can't read large filesystems.  To solve this problem,
you either have to upgrade to 7.5, or use smaller partitions on 
your file system.