Subject: ppr

From: "Gerry.Tomlinson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 13:22:26 +0100 (BST)

Has anyone any experience with the PPR print spooler, both in general
and with regard to netatalk?

	Gerry

---
[email-masked]
Computing Officer
Department of Computing Science, University of Newcastle, Tel: +44 191 222 8139
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU, United Kingdom.             Fax: +44 191 222 8232

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 23:34:48 +0200 (CES)

> and with regard to netatalk?

I'm using it currently spooling from linux and windows (via samba) to two
laserwriters via netatalk and an asante microprint box, and have good
experiences, i.e. no trouble, with ppr's printing through netatalk. For
windows, otoh, with a semi-intelligent network spooler you have to start
watching out for bad postscript-generating applications, not quite portable
fonts etc. In summary i'd still say it is worth the trouble.

Morio Taneda
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Karlsruhe