Subject: Problems with Netatalk and MacOS 7.5.3 rev 2?

From: Jay Pfaffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 12:18:38 -0500

I've been using Netatalk under Linux for almost a year and am
currently running 1.3.3. I've had no problems, but I've recently
noticed a couple machines that won't connect to my server.  I haven't
done an exhaustive and careful search, but it seems that the machines
that won't connect are Powermacs running MacOS 7.5.3 rev 2.  Is this a
strange fluke or have our friends at Apple done something stupid?

Thanks.

Jay Pfaffman                           [email-masked]
+1-615-343-1720 (office)               +1-615-460-9299 (home) 
http://relax.ltc.vanderbilt.edu/~pfaffman/

---

From: zinc <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 21:07:05 -0600

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

i think this is probably because they are running Open Transport and
i'm not sure if netatalk works right with that... you might try
switching them to MacTCP to see if it makes a difference.

- -pjf

- -- 
"Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
 safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin (1773)
			  finger for PGP key
zifi runs LINUX 2.0.10  -=-=-=WEB=-=-=->  http://zifi.genetics.utah.edu

---

From: Hector Mendoza Ortiz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 12:12:56 -0500

I´m currently running on a 2 PowerMac´s (7100 & 5260) with system 7.5.3
rev 2 and haven´t had any troubles. I suggest that you check your Mac's
because to me it hasn't given me any trouble.

Hector Mendoza
Technicall Suport Coordinator 
Computers on Education Research Center
Anahuac University

---

From: "Ron G. Minnich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 09:18:29 -0400 (EDT)

> because to me it hasn't given me any trouble.

are you running open trashport or regular mactcp? I can't get anywhere 
nowadays, and I just realized we've switched from mactcp. netatalk used 
to work fine for us from linux.

ron