Subject: Problems with more than one netatalk server on network?

From: Christopher Blizzard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 13:18:24 -0400

Howdy.  At work one of my co-workers and I have Linux boxes running 
netatalk.  However, we've run into some odd problems.  If one of our 
boxes has netatalk up and running we don't have any problems with being 
seen in the chooser of any of the Macs around the office.  However, if we 
both have netatalk running then some really odd things happen:

If you click on the zone that contains our machines, sometimes you will 
get one machine or the other.  Sometimes both.  Click on another zone and 
then come back and sometimes you will get the other machine.  Actually 
click on the machine to log into it and you will actually be logging into 
the *other* machine.  Very odd I must say. :)  I'm wondering if anyone 
here has ever seen this or has any ideas on how to troubleshoot it to 
come up with a cause.  Thanks.

--Chris

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Christopher Blizzard   | "The truth knocks on the door and you say
[email-masked]| 'Go away.  I'm looking for the truth,' and
                       | so it goes away."  --Robert Pirsig
-------------------------------------------------------------------