Subject: Macdump for netatalk

From: [email-masked] (Frank Crawford)
Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 19:49 EST

Can anyone give me points on where to find Macdump for Netatalk?  I've found
the version for CAP, but the changes needed seem to be more than I have time
for at present.

								Frank

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 07:32:54 +0200 (CES)

> Can anyone give me points on where to find Macdump for Netatalk?  I've found

Hi,

i've recently continued the changes (much of which had already been done)
and could now send you a version. It is not ready for the world now because
it occasionally hangs (when a ddp packet gets dropped, the netatalk atp code
seems to ask for a resend but never gets an answer from Dumper) and i havent
had the nerve and time to dig deeper. Also most people to who i sent the first
batch out had some problems compiling. Let me know if you're still interested.

Anyone else have an idea at what to look for an explanation/fix for that atp
hangup?

Morio

---

From: Jay Pfaffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 17:19:04 -0500 (CDT)

Perhaps my only regret in not having a mac is that when people send 
broadcasts with pertinent or humorous information I have to run look at 
someone else's computer.  Has anyone had so much free time available as 
to port this?

Also Timelord won't compile for Linux 'cause it uses tm_gmtoff which 
isn't in linux's libc for some reason.  It's surely trivial to re-write 
the code not to use gmtoff, but I haven't bothered to actually think. If 
someone's done this, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks.

Jay Pfaffman                           [email-masked]
+1-615-343-1720 (office)               +1-615-460-9299 (home) 
http://relax.ltc.vanderbilt.edu/~pfaffman/