Subject: Error: afpd[102]: flushfork

From: kappe01 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 16:09:26 +0100

Hi,

I hope this is no FAQ

I'm  working with Linux 1.2.13, varios macs (lc .. pm)
netatalk and TCL7.5/TK4.1.
I need communication via UNIX-pipes (TCL should read from
a pipe).
Problem: for every write/read comes the Message:

DATE MACHINE    afpd[102]: flushfork: dfile Invalid Argument
(write)

DATE MACHINE    afpd[102]: afp_flushfork: Invalid Argument
(read)

on my Linuxmachine and the TCL-Application (on mac) needs up
to seconds to recognize the file-event.
I need hints to speed up and suppress the Errormessages.

May be it is a Problem of .Appledouble ?
If it is so:
Would .Appledouble work with pipes ?
(it seems the filelength is coded in .Appledouble but the length
of the Message written to the pipe is not known at the point the
Application (on mac) tries to read)

Where can i get a good doc about .Appledouble-fileformat ?

        Email to

        [email-masked]

        preferred, I'll summarize the answers.