Subject: some questions

From: [email-masked] (Timo Hoepfner)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 1996 23:35:11 +0100

Hi!

I started using netatalk some days ago. I'm using a PC running Linux 1.3.56
and a powermac 7100/66, System 7.5.1 connected via Ethernet.

1.) atalkd takes a *lot* of time to start up. About 30-60 seconds. Is that
normal?
2.) My mac crashes everytime I shutdown the linux machine. The mac tells me
that the fileserver has shut down, but afterward it hangs.
3.) I got the last release of terminator. The filename says 1.3.3, but the
"VERSION" file of the distribution says it's 1.3.3b2. Do I use the beta or
the golden master of 1.3.3? (If I am uing a ebta, where can i get 1.3.3
"final"?)

Bye Timo

---
Timo Hoepfner - [email-masked] - http://www.teuto.de/~grape/index.html

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 14:29:05 -0500

> From:    [email-masked] (Timo Hoepfner)
> To:      [email-masked]

> 1.) atalkd takes a *lot* of time to start up. About 30-60 seconds. Is that

Yup.  It's especially normal if you have no routers.

> that the fileserver has shut down, but afterward it hangs.

Yeah, I've seen that, but I'm not sure what the problem is, still.

> the golden master of 1.3.3? (If I am uing a ebta, where can i get 1.3.3

Ah, oops.  I can confirm to you that the 1.3.3 "golden master" does in
fact have a VERSION file of 1.3.3b2.  I guess I'll fix that in some
later patch...

:wes