Subject: file transfers using afpd don't show up w/ tcpdump or netstat!!

From: zinc <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 01:23:06 -0700 (MST)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

howdy,

i'm new to the list.  i'm running linux 1.3.57 and netatalk 1.3.3.  

i like to know what's going on with my system.  tcpdump and netstat are 
quite useful tools for observing what's going on with the network i'm 
connected to.  

however, if i've established a connection to zifi from one of our macs it 
doesn't show up w/ netstat or tcpdump (during any file transfers of 
course).

are there patches for the above mentioned programs to get them to probe 
the device used by afpd or is there some other work around?  i was trying 
some command line switches for tcpdump but couldn't figure out what to 
put after '-i' for afpd.

any ideas??

- -pjf

patrick finerty = [email-masked] = [email-masked]
U of Utah biochem grad student in the Bass lab - zinc fingers + dsRNA!
** FINGER [email-masked] for pgp public key - CRYPTO!
zifi runs LINUX 1.3.57 -=-=-=WEB=-=-=->  http://zifi.genetics.utah.edu