Subject: Re: Problems with Netatalk and MacOS 7.5.3 rev 2?

From: [email-masked] (Steve Davidson)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 96 08:32:10 -0400

On Tue, 30 Jul 1996 12:18:38, Jay Pfaffman
<[email-masked]> wrote:
[ ... stuff deleted]
> noticed a couple machines that won't connect to my server.  I haven't
> done an exhaustive and careful search, but it seems that the machines
> that won't connect are Powermacs running MacOS 7.5.3 rev 2.

Under SunOS 4.1.3, I have seen no difficulty between netatalk 1.3.3 and
MacOS 7.5.3 rev 2.  Just for grins, take a look a the login shells used by
the errant users and verify that they appear in /etc/shells.  This one bit
me first time out.

---

From: "Ron G. Minnich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 09:14:21 -0400 (EDT)

> the errant users and verify that they appear in /etc/shells.  This one bit

under linux 1.3.99, i can no longer see the shares from any mac. I used 
netatalk before on 1.3.14, any hints on what's going would sure be 
welcome. I've reviewed all the patches etc. but I don't think they apply. 

Will getzones ever work again? my recollection is it did before?
thanks
ron