Subject: papd w/LaserWriter Select 360

From: [email-masked] (David C. Gingrich)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 11:00:22 -0500

I'm new to netatalk (and friends) (Linux 1.3.57) and am wondering if anyone
has had much luck using an Apple Laserwriter Select 360 attached to the
parallel port, serving Macs with papd.

I can get vanilla postscript documents to print fine, but the printer
crashes whenever the Truetype rasterizer or downloadble Postscript fonts
are sent through the Linux spooler. (the same docs/fonts work fine over
Localtalk.

Any suggestions or  *.conf would be *most* appreciated  :)

===============================================================
David C. Gingrich, K9DC              Email: [email-masked]
Data Communications Consulting      Office:      (317) 726-0295
6320 Rucker Road, Suite E              Fax:      (317) 726-0298
Indianapolis, Indiana 46220            Res:      (317) 849-1353
===============================================================

---

From: Michael Breuer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 1996 21:15:10 -0500

I have this working using the latest version of netatalk.  I took the
printer PDF file from the apple windows distribution
(http://www.apple.com).