Subject: Help with Netatalk

From: root <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 16:19:59 -0600 (CST)

I am having a horrid time of compiling and installing netatalk on my 
linux box.  I am running linux kernel 1.3.35 with Appletalk DDP enabled.

When I try to compile netatalk-1.3.1 or 1.3.3b2 I always get the 
following gcc error:

gcc -p  -O2 -I../../include -c asp_getsess.c
In file included from /usr/include/linux/socket.h:6,
                 from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:5,
                 from asp_getsess.c:31:
/usr/include/linux/uio.h:18: redefinition of `struct iovec'
make[3]: *** [asp_getsess.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/tmp/netatalk-1.3.3b2/libatalk/asp'
make[2]: *** [asp] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/tmp/netatalk-1.3.3b2/libatalk'
make[1]: *** [../../libatalk] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/tmp/netatalk-1.3.3b2/sys/linux'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Can anyone tell me what might be amiss here?

Also, is there any way to obtain the already compiled netatalk binaries 
(atalkd, etc) for linux?  

Also, is there any form of FAQ out there for netatalk, particularly where 
it concerns linux kernel 1.3.*, and if so, where can I find it?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me.

---

From: "Kevin M. Roberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 15:31:11 -0500 (EST)

The problem is that the 1.3.X kernels have a file: uio.h which conflicts 
with the uio.h file in the /usr/include/sys dir.  Copy the uio.h file 
from the /usr/include/linux directory over the one in the 
/usr/include/sys directory and the problem will be solved.