Subject: Poor performance behind an EtherWave?

From: Lawrence Houston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 1995 03:43:52 -0400 (EDT)

Wes:

We are trying netatalk (1.3.3b2) on a Linux Host which is running Kernel
version 1.2.11 and so far we are obtaining very low transfer rates!  The
Linux Host sits "behind" the MAC which itself is connected to our LAN via
an "EtherWave".  Judging by the LEDs on the Etherwave, the NET is only
"busy" about 5% of the time.  Should there be any problems running
netatalk "behind" an Etherwave? 

Thanks.

Lawrence Houston  -  ([email-masked])

---

From: [email-masked] (Bill Kearney)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 1995 14:33:29 -0400

>netatalk "behind" an Etherwave?

I'm using a few Etherwaves and have not had this kind of trouble.  I'm
using a Sun 3/60 and several Macintoshes.  The link to the Sun is through
an Etherwave and it's working the same as not using the Etherwave.

Sun----Mac w/etherwave-----10baseT Hub---(rest of the net)

Bill

--
Bill Kearney   | [email-masked]                |
PO Box 201     | [email-masked]                 | Copyright 1995
Butler, MD     | ftp://ftp.digex.net/pub/access/wkearney/ | W.G.Kearney
(410) 239-0060 | http://www.access.digex.net/~wkearney/   |