Subject: LaserWriter 7 timeout problem

From: Chip Ach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 1995 20:17:04 -0500 (CDT)

I'm having problems with netatalk 1.3.3b1/2  (all b1 with b2's papd)
timing out when LaswerWriter 7 prints to it.  LaserWriter 8 works just
fine.  I am using a Sun Sparc 4 with SunOS 4.1.4...  I am pretty sure
that it is never getting past papd; I don't like the lpr process
occurs.  I've narrowed it down to the fact that the time out occurs in
session.c, but don't know more that that.

I know that others have had problems with some printer drivers and
papd from netatalk 1.3.3b2.... Does anyone have any suggestions or a
fix to this problem?  I NEED to figure this out in about 2 weeks.  I
REALLY don't want to try and figure out cap.

Thank you very much in advance,

Chip

p.s. The reason that I'm using mostly 1.3.3b1 is that I can't see
into other zones with b2.  b1's papd has that, as Wes said,
"catastophic bug."

---

From: Duncan Sinclair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 1995 21:14:45 +0100

>session.c, but don't know more that that.

I, too am having similar problems.  Currently I'm running both b1's
papd and b2's papd.  The chooser names are set to reflect that one
works with LW8, the other with LW7, but it's not an ideal solution.

Ideally, I'd like b2's papd to be able to talk to LW7 and give the
same amount of syslog output as b1's does.  I don't have time to 
look at the code unfortunately.

Duncan.