Subject: sys/netatalk/at.h:57 s_node

From: [email-masked] (James Hultman)
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 95 13:20 PDT

I have version 1.3.3b2 compiled on a Sun 4/400 running 4.1.3_U1_B (and some
patches). Since I'm at Sun and have access to SunOS sources, I thought I'd
modify ifconfig so that it would report the appletalk address if applicable
(as well as not reporting each interface twice :) then start working on
netstat and route.
Anyway, I found that Sun's stock /usr/include/netinet/in.h defines macros
for s_addr, s_host, and s_net, among other things, and these conflict with
definitions in netatalk's sys/netatalk/at.h. I hacked the version that I
had copied to /usr/include/netatalk (they are now called at_net and at_node
for lack of better imagination) and made matching changes in my copy of
ifconfig.c. Now, ifconfig -a reports:

ie0: flags=63<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING>
        inet 129.144.217.155 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 129.144.217.255
        appletalk 65280.249 

(it still reports ie0 twice, haven't fixed that yet). I can't use ifconfig
to change the interface's appletalk address, yet, either.
I thought I'd point out this conflict so that it could be changed in later
versions of netatalk if anyone considers interoperability with Sun source
to be important...

I don't know what I will do with the modified ifconfig code - I'm sure I can
get away with giving out a context diff, and I doubt Sun would care if I
released the binary as a "patch", but I want to be sure I'm not on thin
legal ice if I do.