Subject: Re:

From: [email-masked] (Everette Gray Allen)
Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 14:08:17 -0400

At 12:32 PM 5/30/95, Peter Link wrote:
>I have two quick questions for the netatalk crowd:
>        1. Has anybody come up with an archiving routine (tape, etc.) that
>will allow you to extract a single Macintosh file; even one with spaces and
>other non-Unix characters? We've used normal tar-based programs that allow
>you to write to tape but extracting is another story.

Try MacDump from ftp://munari.au.oz/mac which is designed to work with CAP.
I has a mac interface which allows individual file restores. I have not
tryed to make it work with netatalk libs but in theory it should at least
be able to co-exist with the afpd on the same machine just like arns.

>        2.
Sorry I know nothing about this one...
>Peter Link
>Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
>P.O. Box 808, L-665
>Livermore, CA 94550
>[email-masked]

Everette Gray Allen                               Consultant III
Box 7109 NCSU Campus                              NCSU Computing Center
Raleigh, NC 27695-7109                            919-515-2517
"Under estimates result in fewer poor management choices" Caughley