Subject: netatalk 1.3.3 beta 1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 May 1995 17:17:15 -0400

This message is to accounce the availablity of netatalk 1.3.3 beta 1.
Hopefully, this will be a brief beta period.  This version should be
stable on Ultrix 4.x, SunOS 4.1.x, and Linux 1.2.x.  The only know
problem is in the use of the new AuthMan UAM for doing AFS through
afpd.  Otherwise the system should be fully functional.

:wes

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 15:06:00 -0400

> From:    Gordon B Lugauer <[email-masked]>
> To:      [email-masked]

> > This version should be
> > stable on Ultrix 4.x, SunOS 4.1.x, and Linux 1.2.x.  

> Well, sorry to bother you all with this, but has anybody actually gotten
> such a kernel to compile?

> net/net.o(.text+0x171ef): undefined reference to `register_8022_client'
> net/net.o(.data+0x44): undefined reference to `p8022_proto_init'

> I followed nicely the instructions in README.LINUX, and am just
> generally at a loss.  Any pointers?

>From README.LINUX:

[blah]

3.  Configure kernel with "make config".  Answer yes to "AppleTalk DDP"
    support.  In older kernel versions, you may need to answer yes to
    "IPX protocol" support, as well, to include IEEE802.2 support.

[blah]

I guess we're classifying the version of Linux you're running as "old",
despite that it is the most recent version.  Newer (non-existent)
versions won't have this problem.

:wes

---

From: Gordon B Lugauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 04:42:20 -0500 (CDT)

> stable on Ultrix 4.x, SunOS 4.1.x, and Linux 1.2.x.  
					 ^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, sorry to bother you all with this, but has anybody actually gotten
such a kernel to compile?  I have tried on three seperate systems, all
with kernel 1.2.x, the most recent with kernel 1.2.3, gcc 2.6.3, and ld
2.5.2.6 (with BFD 2.5).  I bomb out with the same error on all systems:

ld -qmagic -Ttext 0xfffe0 arch/i386/kernel/head.o init/main.o init/version.o \
	arch/i386/kernel/kernel.o arch/i386/mm/mm.o kernel/kernel.o mm/mm.o fs/fs.o net/net.o ipc/ipc.o \
	fs/filesystems.a \
	drivers/block/block.a drivers/char/char.a drivers/net/net.a drivers/scsi/scsi.a \
	/usr/home/amalric/src/linux/lib/lib.a -o vmlinux
net/net.o(.text+0x171ef): undefined reference to `register_8022_client'
net/net.o(.data+0x44): undefined reference to `p8022_proto_init'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Thanks,

-Gordon B Lugauer		Network and Systems Administrator
				DuSable High School Internet Lab
				[email-masked]
				[email-masked]