Subject: Re: papd and multiple printers

From: [email-masked] (Pond Scum)
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 94 14:24:51 PST

> We're sort of half working on a new version of papd which will have a
> number of new features, including multiple printers.  However, we're
> not planning to release it any time soon.

Will the new papd support the 8.1 LaserWriter driver?  Perhaps my installation
is screwed up, but when I use the 8.1 driver, the papd servicing it hangs around
afterwards and doesn't exit.

There is a patch out for CAP's lwsrv for the 8.1 LaserWriter driver which
seems to consist only of adding a newline to the end of a message send to
the PAP client.  Would making a similar change to papd's sources make it
compatible with the 8.1 LaserWriter driver?

-Jonathan		[email-masked]

---

From: Mark Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 1994 11:42:36 -0500

>From:     [email-masked] (Pond Scum)
>  To:     [email-masked]
> 
> Will the new papd support the 8.1 LaserWriter driver?  Perhaps my installatio
> is screwed up, but when I use the 8.1 driver, the papd servicing it hangs
> around afterwards and doesn't exit.

What version of netatalk are you running?  1.3b2 has an initial pass at
support for the 8.x LaserWriter drivers, but it has problems handling
some documents.  The 1.3 release, which we hope to make very soon, should
be 100% compatible with the 8.x drivers.

> compatible with the 8.1 LaserWriter driver?

I am not familiar with the CAP lwsrv change, but at one point we had a
problem in the papd "font query" handling that required an extra
newline as a workaround.  The bug turned out to be elsewhere, and we
have since removed the extra newline.

-Mark