Subject: Re: Re(3): Personal Laserwriter NTR printing problem at NUBS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 1994 14:09:33 -0400

> From:    "Roy Hockett" <[email-masked]>
> To:      "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

> Well you hit the nail on the head, do you know of a way to set the printer
> so that it will respond to packets with the DDP Check sum calculated.  If not
> can you configure netatalk to not calculate DDP Check sums on PAP packets?

Well, I assume that it's *not* a configuration problem on the printer,
but a bug.  There is a variable, ddp_cksum, in the netatalk kernel
module which will disable DDP checksum calculations.  You can set it in
sys/netatalk/ddp_output.c and rebuild, or you can set it in the already
built module with:

    adb -w /usr/local/atalk/etc/netatalk.o
    ddp_cksum?W0

Or, you can set it in the running system with:

    adb -w -k /usr/local/atalk/etc/netatalk /dev/mem
    ddp_cksum/W0

If you set it in the running system, it will need to be done after each
reboot.

:wes