Subject: netatalk-1.3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 1994 19:06:03 -0500

netatalk is a kernel-level implementation of the AppleTalk Protocol
Suite for BSD-derived systems.  netatalk's primary services are
routing, file service, print spooling, and outbound printing, in an
AppleTalk networking environment.  The current release contains support
for EtherTalk Phase I and II.

netatalk-1.3 runs on the following machines:

        OS      Versions        Hardware        Notes
        --      --------        --------        -----
        SunOS   4.1+            Sparc           kernel must have VDDRV
                                                option installed
        Ultrix  4.[1-3]         3100,5000

Changes:

    atalkd is completely rewritten for phase 2 support.  atalkd.conf
    from previous version will not work!

    afpd now has better AFS support.  In particular, the configuration
    for AFS was made much easier; a number of Kerberos-related
    byte-ordering and time problems were found; clear-text passwords
    were added (thanks to [email-masked]).

    afpd now handles Unix permissions much better (thanks to
    [email-masked]).

    There are many, many more changes, but most are small bug fixes.

netatalk-1.3 is available via anonymous ftp from terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu,
in ~ftp/unix/netatalk/netatalk-1.3.tar.{Z,gz}.

Research Systems Unix Group
The University of Michigan              [email-masked]
c/o Wesley Craig                        +1-313-764-2278
535 W. William St.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
48103-4943