Subject: TimeLord for netatalk-1.3

From: [email-masked] (Dwight Kelly)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 94 15:34:17 EST

Where can I find a timelord-1.4 that runs with netatalk-1.3?

Dwight Kelly
[email-masked]

---

From: Roderick Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 1994 20:57:59 -0500 (EST)

I was wondering if the new version supports "short filenames" (I hope I'm 
using the term correctly) that makes it possible for PC based appletalk 
implementations to work.  I have a number of PC's running PhoneNET PC by 
Farallon going to a CAP server... and although it's "working" I am 
looking to try something else because of a wierd problem I am having.

[while on the mac, the PC side works fine]
Sporadically.... I will loose icons on my desktop.  Literally, I will be 
working in a window  moving files around and such, then log off, log back 
on... and "sometimes" one or several icons are gone.  THe files still 
exist on my SUN, but no icons.  I have gone to great lengths trying to 
diagnose this problem, checking out how the .finderinfo and .resource 
files change from action to action, as well as posting several questions 
on the net, but I always get "yeah, that happens to me too.".

I really enjoy the setup overall, and I can't complain about the 
performance, but I still haven't got a stable solution.  If anybody has 
info on the shortfile support, or any ideas on what might be happening on 
my system I would be most grateful.  

Roderick Murchison, Jr.               (814) 863-4356 <office> 
Microcomputer Systems Consultant      (814) 863-7514 <fax> 
12 Willard Building                   (814) 867-1999 <home> 
Penn State University                 [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 1994 14:33:42 -0500

> From:    Roderick Murchison <[email-masked]>
> To:      [email-masked]

> implementations to work.

Nope.

:wes

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 1994 14:33:42 -0500

Nope.

:wes