Subject: Phase Routing

From: [email-masked] (Jim Lomax)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 08:35:59 GMT

I am just upgrading our Netatalk installation to 1.3.1 and am having 
some difficulty getting the system to support both Phase 1 and Phase 2
connections [since until now everyone has downgraded their Macs to phase 1
to use Netatalk 1.2 there will be a need to cover both for some time].

According to FAQ from terminator 1.3 does (yup) do phase 1 and 2 "and
route between them on the same interface".

Can someone tell me how this is set up, please.

 ____________________________________________________________________________
|   Jim Lomax                      | Dr J.A. Lomax, Rowett Research Institute|
| JANET [email-masked]          | Bucksburn, Aberdeen, AB2 9SB, Scotland  |
| other [email-masked]          | Tel +44/0 224 716679(direct) 715349(fax)|
|__________________________________|_________________________________________|

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 11:27:28 -0400

> From:    [email-masked] (Jim Lomax)

> Can someone tell me how this is set up, please.

Sure.  Try this:

    le0 -phase 2
    le0 -phase 1

Since the phase 1 and phase 2 interfaces "count" as different
interfaces, having both of these lines will turn routing on.  If you
don't have another router on the net to supply the netranges and zones,
you'll need to supply them above, after the -phase {1|2}.

:wes