Subject: Printing Error question

From: Mike Kuniavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 12:06:51 -0500 (EST)

I'm running netatalk 1.3b2 on a SPARC 1+ (4.1.3).  It's mostly used for
printing to several printers on the local atalk net.  Yesterday (when I
was out of town--figures!) the Macintosh admin changed the name of the
spooler without telling me.  netatalk then proceeded to spew copies of the
following message to lpd-errs until the partition it was on filled (12MB
later). 

ofpap[20381]: starting
ofpap[20381]: sending to pap
Mondo HP LaserJet 4Si Spooler:LaserWriter@WTL-CSMIL: NBP Lookup failed
ofpap[20381]: 20382 died with 1
Jan 25 04:54:30 uri lpd[7147]: mondo: output filter died (1)
Jan 25 04:54:30 uri lpd[7147]: restarting mondo

I figured out the problem and fixed it pretty quickly, but is there some
way to prevent this in the future?  Would this same thing happen if
someone just turned the Mac print spooler off?  Is this fixed in 1.3?  Did
I configure something wrong?  Thanks. 

Mike Kuniavsky           ITD/US UNIX Support
[email-masked]          (313)764-1178