Subject: Re: Ports to Other OS.

From: Herb Peyerl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 1994 15:46:02 -0700

On Thu, 3 Nov 1994 14:22:25 +1538425 (CST)   "Mark P. Gooderum" <[email-masked]> wrote:
 > I've asked about this before, and was told it had been done for
 > NetBSD 0.9 on an earlier version of netatalk.  I asked for those
 > patches and offered to do the port for the current version of 
 > netatalk and NetBSD 1.0, but never heard anything back.

I've asked this too.  I've also attempted to speak with the author.  My
intent was to put this in the NetBSD tree before we did the 1.0 release
but I didn't actually hear back from the author.  I sent about 4 mail messages
to him directly.

My conclusion was the the author wasn't mail-reachable.  Perhaps this
is not the case.

In any event; 1.0 is pretty much out the door but I'd still like to put this
in the tree for later releases.

 > If there is a starting set of patches, or a newer version of netatalk I
 > should use as the starting point, someone speak up now or hold your peace.

I was going to put it on my list of things to do from scratch since there
didn't appear to be any interest in it from the author(s). But I've decided
to focus my time elsewhere.