Subject: AFS login for the MAC.

From: "George Cebulka, ECE Facilities" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 93 11:24:10 -0400

Hello all.
    Has anyone other than UMich, gotten the AFS login code to compile
on a MAC? If so could you tell me what you had to do in order to get it
to compile? I.e what additional code did you need? Where did you get it?
    I have gotten the AFS login code from Michigan. I have also gotten
the KRB and DES source code from MIT. However, AFS login will not
compile without the kerberos and des code. And the krb and des code
just will not compile for me on a mac. Help!
	George Cebulka, ECE Facilities, Carnegie Mellon

---

From: Mark Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1993 15:15:07 -0400

>From:     "George Cebulka, ECE Facilities" <[email-masked]>
>  To:     [email-masked]
>

I am from UMich, so perhaps you don't want to hear from me ;-)
However, I do know that the AFS Kerberos UAM and AFS Log utilities were
compiled under MPW 3.2 using the MIT Mac Athena DES library.  I don't
think you need any of the KRB library, since we roll our own Kerberos
packets.

Did you obtain the des code you are trying to use on the Mac from
/afs/athena.mit.edu/astaff/project/macathena/MIT/lib/des?  If someone
has a built copy of the DES library, perhaps they can share that with
everyone.  I don't have a build area set up for the AFS Kerberos code
any more.

-Mark Smith
 University of Michigan Info Tech Division Unix Group