Subject: netatalk and afs...

From: [email-masked] (Everette Gray Allen)
Date: Tue, 4 May 93 14:30:30 -0400

Two quickies:
1) Does anyone have compiled binary of MacAFS as I do not have MPW to
compile with ?? :-).
and
2) in setting up netatalk everything works well except when I connect the
mac I see no zones is this a common problem.  I am sure its just my
inexperience.

Thanks

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 May 1993 18:19:50 -0400

> From:    [email-masked] (Everette Gray Allen)
> To:      [email-masked]

> 1) Does anyone have compiled binary of MacAFS as I do not have MPW to

Found it!  Take a look in /afs/umich.edu/group/itd/etc/atalk/install.
The "AppleShare Folder" will have a file called "AFS Kerberos".  To
install it, you should drag (or whatever) the whole "AppleShare Folder"
to your "System Folder".  I don't think this version actually matches
the source we've got up for anon ftp, but it's pretty close.  The guy
that I would ask to build a version from our source is at the WWDC, so
I figured I'd point people at this version for the moment.

> mac I see no zones is this a common problem.  I am sure its just my

Well, you can only have zones if you've got a router.  Do you have a
router?

:wes