Subject: problems building netatalk

From: [email-masked] (Barry Miller, ANL CTD (Bld 221 RM B219) 708-252-6808)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1993 13:23:40 -0600 (CST)

I have been having difficulty building netatalk.  This is the 2nd posting of 
this message so you may recognize some of the information in this message.  Some 
of the details are listed below.  

Our rs/6000 is running of AIX 3.2 and there is interest in updating to 3.3 in 
the future.  Under what versions of AIX does netatalk/afs run?

After reviewing the build problems, could someone tell me if I'm doing something 
wrong.  We're using the gnu c compiler, not bsdcc.

                          build problems

1.  I couldn't find comauth.h.  Does anyone know what's contained in this file
     and whether it is an afs source file?  We haven't licensed the afs source.

2.  I couldn't find copy_right.h but did find cpy_right.h.  What should  
    copy_right.h contain?

3.  at_rios.c - needs to have /usr/include/sys/time.h included.  Otherwise,
     timeval is not defined in header if.h.

4.  at_rios.c - fp_close() at line 286 has two arguments.  As defined in
     /usr/include/sys/fp_io.h, it only has one argument.

5.  aarp.c - MMAXOFF not defined plus other compile errors in lines 232, 283
      and 861.

Barry T. Miller
Computing and Telecommunications Division DECnet:   ANLCV1::B10338
Argonne National Laboratory               BITNET:   B10338@ANLCV1
9700 South Cass Avenue                    Internet: [email-masked]
Building 221, Room B219                   Phone:    (708) 252-6808
Argonne, IL   60439-4844                  FAX:      (708) 252-5983