Subject: Re: Ultrix syslog error messages??

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1993 11:12:50 -0400

Perhaps you didn't get my reply the first time, Curt.  Here it is
again.  Interestingly, netatalk is usually pretty good at finding
misconfiguration in the network.  Of course it could just be a bug, but
the first step is to verify the correct configuration of your network.

:wes

------- Forwarded Message

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Error messages from netatalk-1.3b2 
In-reply-to: Your message of "Wed, 06 Oct 1993 09:08:35 CDT."
             <[email-masked]> 
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1993 12:45:30 -0400
Sender: [email-masked]

> From:    [email-masked]
> To:      [email-masked]

> Oct  6 09:03:32 localhost: 144 atalkd: rtmp_packet extended mismatch

What this is telling you is that there is a router on your network
which is broadcasting routing information that doesn't match your's.
There are only two places where you can get routing information: your
config file and a router on the network.  Since you don't have any
network numbers in your config file, it's a strong possibility that
you've actually got two routers on your net, one of which is claiming
that a particular net is extended, and the other is claiming that it's
not.

Perhaps you should have someone look at the routers?

:wes

------- End of Forwarded Message

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1993 15:06:49 -0500 (EDT)

> the first step is to verify the correct configuration of your network.
	Sorry for not responding, I did receive your response earlier. I 
	inquired about the routeing of phase2 appletalk through our routers
	here.  But the network people are generally pretty busy.  However,
	the (every 10secs) error message doesn't appear to relate to any
	network slowdown within appletalk, or unnoticable to its blazing
	speed. :^) 

	To help me debug a possible config problem on my end do you have 
	any samples of atalkd.conf files??

					thanks,

					Curt

-- 
===============================================================================
Curt A. Heintz					email: [email-masked]
Open Software Foundation			System Administrator
11 Cambridge Center				(617)621-7323
Cambridge, MA 02142

===============================================================================