Subject: afpd[27767]: setdirowner: chown -1/1

From: [email-masked] (Jurgen Botz)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1993 14:16:55 -0400 (EDT)

I'm seeing the following in my syslogs:

Oct  8 10:10:46 grendel afpd[27767]: setdirowner: chown -1/1 .AppleDouble/.Parent: Not owner
Oct  8 10:10:46 grendel afpd[27767]: setdirowner: chown -1/1 .AppleDouble: Not owner

What exactly is afpd trying to do here?

- Jurgen

put
me on the right track should do.  Thanks!

- Jurgen

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1993 15:29:15 -0400

> From:    [email-masked] (Jurgen Botz)
> To:      [email-masked] (netatalk)

> afpd[27767]: setdirowner: chown -1/1 .AppleDouble: Not owner

Whenever the mac creates a directory, the last step in the creation
process is to set the owner and group of the directory (remember,
AppleShare uses symantics like sysV unix, i.e. anything you own can be
chowned).  The error that's being reported is that the group of a
directory can't be changed.  This is most likely because the user is
not in the group that the directory has inherited from its parent.

:wes