Subject: Making Progress With Netatalk

From: [email-masked] (Hope Goering)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 93 09:47:32 -0600

I am making progress getting netatalk built under AIX 3.2.4, I think. 
I got the code made and installed.  Now I am trying to configure it.  I
have several questions:

1.  I don't know anything about Appletalk so I asked our experts for
our Appletalk Phase II network address.  The answer they gave me was a
range 2000-2010.  Is a range like this legitimate for atalkd.conf?

2.  After I attempted to start atalkd and afpd I tried using the aecho
command to see what I would get.  I got the following message:  Unknown
service.  Does this imply an error in my configuration file(s).  If so,
which one and what might be the error?

3.  I noticed that the instructions always refer to the network
interface et0.  We use en0 and I'm wondering if that might be causing
me any problems?

4.  In the README file there is an instruction that says to "Select a
name for your netatalk server".  I understand why I should select such
a name, but I'm not sure where I'm supposed to define this name.  Does
this go in a configuration file?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Hope Goering
John Deere Product Engineering Center
(319) 292-8626
[email-masked]