Subject: vmunix on 4.1.3

From: [email-masked] (B.G. Mahesh)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1993 17:37:41 -0400

I have requested my name to be added to list few days ago but have not
heard anything yet. So please reply directly back to [email-masked]

Has anyone been successful in rebuilding the kernel on a Sun
[prefarably Solboure OS 4.1.3] after adding the line

options V... 

I am getting lot of errors when I compile the files.

thanks

-- 
B.G. Mahesh      
[email-masked]

---

From: Mark Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 10:04:06 -0400

>From:     [email-masked] (B.G. Mahesh)
>  To:     [email-masked]
> 

The list maintainer (and father of netatalk) is on vacation this week.

> I am getting lot of errors when I compile the files.

We don't have the Solboure version of SunOS 4.1.3 here, but we have built
and run netatalk on a variety of Suns under SunOS 4.1.3.  I assume when you
say "after adding the line options V... you actually mean options VDDRV?
Does the Solbourne OS support loadable modules?  What other options are
you compiling with?  Maybe VDDRV is dependent on something else being
in your kernel.  On Suns, the generic kernel shipped with the OS has
VDDRV defined already.

-Mark

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1993 14:25:05 -0400

> [Solboure OS 4.1.3]
> options VDDRV

We don't have access to a Solbourne machine.  The VDDRV option that we
suggest compiling into SunOS is for the mod{stat,load,unload}
programs.  netatalk doesn't use VDDRV directly.  You should check to
see is modload, et al are supported on Solbourne machines and if they
are, how the kernel needs to be configured to support them.

:wes