Subject: jobs never ends...

From: [email-masked] (Jacques Beigbeder)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 93 23:34:01 MET DST

Configuration :
- a Sun4 4.1.3 with netatalk-1.2.1 ;
- a gateway between Ethernet and an Appletalk;
- on the Appletalk a LaserWriter IIg; its prompt is:

  PostScript(r) Version 2010.113
  Copyright (c) 1984-1991 Adobe Systems Incorporated.
  Typefaces Copyright (c) 1981 Linotype AG and/or its subsidiaries.
  All Rights Reserved.
  PS>

The problem: 
I send a Postcript job using dvips:
  This is dvips 5.495 Copyright 1986, 1992 Radical Eye Software
The job is printed but stays active long long time; until I "lpc abort"
the job.

I noticed the problem with dvips, may be we have it with other Postcript
files. I don't really know since I modified the policy yesterday :
from an old LaserWriter with an asynchronous line to this LWIIg
on Appletalk. The load of this printer is heavy (20 jobs / hour).
So I'm in hurry : I fix the problem or I bring back the old printer...

Thanks in advance!!!

Jacques Beigbeder                    | Internet: [email-masked]
Service de Prestations Informatiques |  Bitnet : beig@frulm63
Ecole Normale Superieure             |
45 rue d'Ulm                         |     Tel : (33-1) 44-32-37-96
F75230 Paris Cedex 05                |     Fax : (33-1) 44-32-20-80