Subject: Printing problem

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1993 13:51:29 -0500 (EDT)

Hi, I am having a problem setting up netatalk 1.3b2 printing
	from the Mac's to our Unix printers.  Here is what I have done:
	I have been working with the mac printers first:

	the printcap file looks like so:

loraine|Lorraine's Printer on Appltalk:\
        :printer=/dev/loraine:lf=/var/adm/lpd-errs:pw#80:hl:\
        :of=:DESTDIR:/etc/ofpap:\
        :if=:DESTDIR:/etc/ifpaprev:\
        :tf=:DESTDIR:/etc/tfpaprev:

	when papd start is gets an unknown printer lp error?

	this printer is on a zone called DEV.  Do I have to create a device 
	entry for /dev/loraine or can it be a link to /dev/printer?  Also
	/dev/printer is a socket that is created when print services are
	started.  I would also imagine that the /etc/printcap file on our
	printserver will have to contain an entry for all the Mac printers,
	that we'd like to use via netatalk. 

	Another question how do you distinguish the zones in the printcap
	file?  

				any help would be appreciated
						Curt

-- 
===============================================================================
Curt A. Heintz					email: [email-masked]
Open Software Foundation			System Administrator
11 Cambridge Center				(617)621-7323
Cambridge, MA 02142

===============================================================================