Subject: Re: pap, pfs, and repreating

From: "Michael Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Nov 1993 14:56:54 -0800

RE:   RE>pap, pfs, and repreating pr
We have the same experience with a simalar configuration, except that it hangs
the LaserWriter when it attempts to print the second time. 

--------------------------------------
Date: 11/18/93 2:43 PM
To: Michael Johnson
From: Jurgen Botz
I have a Laserjet IVsi with Ethertalk interface, and a bunch of Sparcs
(SunOS 4.1.3) of which one is an lpd server for the HP.  Printing is 
done with pap & psf from netatalk-1.3b2.  Every now and then, under
circumstances I have not been able to isolate, a job "re-appears" in
the queue shortly after having successfully printed, and the gets
printed repeatedly until someone notices and kills the queue.  I have
been told that this behavior has been seen in cases where a filter
returns an incorrect result code, so pap and/or psf seems a likely
culprit.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  There isn't anything useful in
the error logs... how can I get more information on what pap/psf are
doing?

--
Jurgen Botz, [email-masked] | ``Accountability is the price of openness''
South Hadley, MA, USA            | - Daniel Geer

------------------ RFC822 Header Follows ------------------
Received: by quickmail.apple.com with SMTP;18 Nov 1993 14:42:59 -0800
Received: from holli.apple.com by goofy.apple.com with SMTP
(5.61/27-Sep-1991-eef)
	id AA02969; Thu, 18 Nov 93 14:28:35 -0800
	for [email-masked]
Received: from federal-excess.apple.com by holli.apple.com (4.1/SMI-4.1)
	id AA03747; Thu, 18 Nov 93 14:26:04 PST
Received: from [141.211.164.2] by federal-excess.apple.com with SMTP
(5.64/26-Sep-1993-eef)
	id AA20662; Thu, 18 Nov 93 14:29:39 PST
	for [email-masked]
Received: from localhost by terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu (8.6.4/2.2)
	id RAA05823; Thu, 18 Nov 1993 17:20:42 -0500
Received: from totalrecall.rs.itd.umich.edu by terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu
(8.6.4/2.2)
	with SMTP id RAA05819; Thu, 18 Nov 1993 17:20:40 -0500
From: [email-masked] (Jurgen Botz)
Subject: pap, pfs, and repreating printjobs
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1993 17:20:21 -0500 (EST)
Content-Length: 835