Subject: Novell server emulation

From: [email-masked] (Anthony Koller)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 93 10:26:51 GMT

I am currently using netatalk 1.2 on SunOS 4.1.1

I would like to simulate the way Novell Mac VAP works (this gives the same
sort of facilities as netatalk but running on a Novell server).

What I need to be able to do is to map all file and directory names to be
stored as lowercase on the Sun (which I can do by setting DOWNCASE in afpd), 
but have them displayed and accessed from a Mac as uppercase.
ie. the Sun only has lowercase file and directory names, but the Mac only
sees and accesses upper case filenames.

Is this something that has been implemented in a later version, or is it 
something that could be easily implemented? Would you plan to do so, or
could you point me in the direction of doing it myself?

Also I would like a version of netatalk for SunOS 4.1.3 - how can I get the
latest version?

Thanks.

Regards

Anthony Koller
Philips PPI, Freeland House, Station Road, Dorking, Surrey RH4 1UL, England
Email : [email-masked]
Voice : +44 306 875777
Fax   : +44 306 875779

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 93 13:23:26 -0500

> From:    [email-masked] (Anthony Koller)
> To:      [email-masked]

> sees and accesses upper case filenames.

In netatalk 1.2.1, look in afpd/desktop.c in the routine utompath().
Should be a pretty simple change, just do a toupper() on all alphabetic
characters.

> Also I would like a version of netatalk for SunOS 4.1.3 - how can I get the

netatalk 1.2.1 runs on sunos 4.1.3, among other things.  You can ftp it
from terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu:~ftp/pub/netatalk.

wes