Subject: netatalk 1.3b on sun 3/50

From: Christopher Arnold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1993 15:09:23 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

i have recently picked up netatalk 1.3b and i'm running it on a ELC running
4.1.3 without problems. But when i try to run it on a 3/50 running 4.1.1
i have the following problem:

When i start atalk i get the following message:
atalkd[283]: zip_packet: can't route 2.19 to loopback: File exists

My atalk.conf looks like this:
le0 -phase 2 -addr 2.19 -zone Dexpert

Is there anyone out there with any clues to whats wrong?

	/chris

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 May 1993 17:27:53 -0400

> From:    Christopher Arnold <[email-masked]>
> To:      [email-masked]

> i have the following problem:

Well, the first problem is you're running non-existent software.  The
latest version of netatalk is 1.3a (as in alpha).  So I guess you
really *didn't* have a problem, QED.

> Is there anyone out there with any clues to whats wrong?

Oh!  Oh!  Me!  I do!  I do!

Humor aside, good questions, Chris.  Thanks for taking the time to test
this on a non-obvious machine.  It showed up a number of bugs (really
stupid ones, I might add, if I were in a self-depricating mood).  Now,
I could tell you what the fixes are (there are three), or I could pass
out my much changed latest source, as say, 1.3a2 (that's alpha 2, for
the version number impaired).

Any comments?

:wes

---

From: Thomas Tornblom <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1993 02:29:19 +0200

From: [email-masked]
   Date: Fri, 07 May 1993 17:27:53 -0400
   Sender: [email-masked]
   X-Charset: LATIN1
   X-Char-Esc: 29

   Oh!  Oh!  Me!  I do!  I do!

   Any comments?

   :wes

Please do.

I tried to get it running on my 386i at home. I applied the patches I
had to do to get 1.2.1 running, but no cigar :-(

So if you have been doing extensive hacking I might as well go for
that before spending to much time on obsolete software.

Thomas