Subject: /etc/srvtab configuration

From: [email-masked] (David M. Fisher)
Date: 27 Aug 93 12:04:26 EDT

I am trying to set netatalk on one of our machines here, and am having
problems figuring out what, if anything, netatalk expects in the /etc/srvtab
file.  We don't run Kerberos on our machines, so we don't have much in the
way of docs, etc on how to configure these things.  Does anyone out there
have a description of the format of a "standard" /etc/srvtab file, and if so
could they send it to me?   It would be most helpful...

 -Dave

---

From: [email-masked] (Glen Cornell)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 93 13:06:15 -0700

I've recently set up netatalk on an ULTRIX machine at my site.  I
didn't do anything to /etc/srvtab & it runs fine.  I believe that
srvtab is used with AFS Kerberos (available for ftp at the same site
as netatalk) which is a user authentication program for the mac.

I haven't massed with it because I don't have a compiler for the mac.

Glenco

 -----------------------------------------------------------
  Glen Cornell             Harris Space Systems Corporation
  Office: B1-540                  UNIX System Administrator
  Phone:  (407) 633-3950                Fax: (407) 633-3900
  e-mail: [email-masked]
 -----------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1993 14:36:09 -0400

> From:    [email-masked] (David M. Fisher)
> To:      [email-masked]

> file.

You should only need a srvtab if you're using AFS.  Are you?

:wes