Subject: Help with 1.3a2

From: [email-masked] (Mark Holm)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1993 22:51:04 -0700 (PDT)

I am attempting to setup one of our field offices and they have one Sun
workstation and two (soon to be three Mac's). I just spent the entire
weekend rewiring their office to run on twisted pair wire which meant that I
had to go get an ethertalk printer server/adapter to put it on the net and
not move it from it's present location (Secretary started to growl ...).
Bottom line is the following configuration:

	Mac IIsi with a Dayna Port IIsi-T adapter running 7.1
	Mac Classic with a Dyna Port SCSI adapter running 7.1
	TI Microlaser 35 with a Dyna Etherprint-3 adapter
	Sun Sparc 10 OS 4.1.3 running netatalk 1.3a2

The only configuration that I did beyond the default installation was to
add the following line to the atalkd.conf file (and the approriate -f so it
would use it):

	le0 -phase 2 -net 2 -addr 2.127 -zone Fredrick_AT

I have tried several variants for the net and the address but so far all I
get when I run nbplkup is the following:

	fredrick:AFPServer                          2.127:128
	fredrick:Workstation			    2.127:4

The Sun's name is fredrick.

>From the Mac side I can see the Sun and mount it up using AFS and when I
had the papd running, I could see that in the chooser as well. 

Can somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong so I can see what is out
there on the net and then accomplish my real goal which was to be able to
print to the TI?

BTW, are there any other Mac Network debugging tools besides apm that
allows you to see what is there from the Mac side down to an address? I am
not much of a Mac user, but I keep getting forced into it.

===========================================================================
Mark Holm                                           [email-masked]  -or-
Analogy                                           ..sun!nosun!analogy!markh
P.O. Box 1669                                           Phone (503)626-9700
Beaverton, Oregon 97075-1669				Fax   (503)643-3361

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark Holm)
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1993 10:21:34 -0700 (PDT)

> 
> > From:    [email-masked] (Mark Holm)
> > To:      [email-masked]
> 
> Try leaving the rest of the line blank, i.e.
> 
>     le0
> 
> This will allow atalkd to dynamically configure everything (which is
> what should happen anyway, if you have only one interface).  Let me
> know if this works.  BTW, we expect to release the beta next week,
> sometime.
> 
> :wes
> 

One more thing, when I am running apm and then I do npblkup the results from apm
are:

(That's right, zip)

But nbplkup still comes back with the two entries for the fredrick Sun. WHere is
it looking to get these that doesn't go out the le0 interface? Could this have
something to do with using the internal TP connection on the Sparc 10?