Subject: printing to Apple personal laserwriter

From: [email-masked] (Anthony Koller)
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 93 12:36:04 BST

Hi:

We are running netatalk 1.2.1 on a Sun network, using psf to print to an
Apple personal laserwriter.

I had a problem getting this running initially, as the output seemed to be
shifted left quite a lot. I got round this by changing the default indent
in psf.c from 0 to 45. It now works a treat. Has anyone else had a similar
problem? Is this the correct fix?

I now have another problem in that if the previous printed output has selected
the manual feed option (as you can do say from FrameMaker), then if the next
person just tries to print an ascii text file the printer doesn't get reset
to use the main paper tray and waits until someone puts paper into the manual
tray!
Presumably this just needs a change to the PS header prologue in psf.c, to
select the main paper bin? Has anyone done this (to save me figuring out
what the postscript command is?

Regards

Anthony Koller
Philips PPI
Freeland House, Station Road
Dorking, Surrey RH4 1UL, England     Email : [email-masked]
Voice : +44 306 875777               Seri  : ukrkoll@prlhp0
Fax   : +44 306 875779               Profs : prlhp0(ukrkoll)