Subject: problem with netatalk-1.2, works with cap

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 93 10:35:47 +0200

I have netatalk-1.2.1 installed on a DecStation 5000/25, installation
was easy and I've been able to use my decstation as a server for a small
network of MacIntoshes.
I also have Cap60 pl 126 in IPTalk mode installed.
My users have experienced problems using afpd.
We started moving all applications out of the hard disks and into the server.
When a user tries to open a folder with a file compressed with DiskDoubler,
and s/he is connected with afpd, the afpd for that machine goes in an (infinite)
loop in the directory that contains the DiskDoubler Application (actually 
accessing the DiskDoubler Application).

The second problem is with a copy of MacWrite II. The app is 601KB large when
on the Mac HD. Moving it into the server makes it 627KB. At that point copying
it back to the Mac HD or just acessing it (Information) becomes impossible
(loops).
 
I have tried this last thing using Aufs, and it works fine. I haven't tried
with DiskDoubler yet tough.

Any ideas? I may give more informations if requested.

Thanks In Advance. I think netatlk is a great piece of software.
	paolo zeppegno
	[email-masked]
	Systems & Management SpA
	Torino ITALY