Subject: Problem mounting files - password incorrect

From: [email-masked] (John R. Cary)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 92 9:45:42 MST

I have installed netatalk on an RS6000 running AIX 3.1.x.  I am primarily
interested in the file server.  My problem is that upon logging
in through the chooser, I get told that my password is incorrect.
If I log in as guest, everything works.  Is there some problem with
passwords in netatalk and AIX?

Thanks....John Cary

-- 
--------------------------
John R. Cary                                  [email-masked]
Department of Astrophysical, Planetary and Atmospheric Sciences
University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309-0391
ph. (303) 492-1489                                   fax (303) 492-0642

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 92 12:14:04 -0500

> From:    [email-masked] (John R. Cary)
> To:      [email-masked]

> passwords in netatalk and AIX?

I've already replied to your comp.protocols.appletalk post.  I think
the problem is related to /etc/shells.  If you add /bin/ksh to
/etc/shells (create /etc/shell, I'd guess), or add ksh to the default
shells in etc/afpd/getusershell.c, then things should work.  You can
detect a good number of these sorts of problems by observing the output
of afpd to syslog.

wes

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael Richardson)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1992 15:33:04 -0500

>/etc/shells (create /etc/shell, I'd guess), or add ksh to the default

  That won't do.
  You have to add it the the shells stanza in /etc/security/login.cfg
  AIXism.

-- 
  :!mcr!:	    | #include <ansi-std/disclaimer.h>  +1 613 592 5780
Michael Richardson  | WORK: [email-masked]  HOME: [email-masked]