Subject: Ethernet or Phonenet?

From: [email-masked] (Shanti Suresh)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 92 11:02:36 EST

Hi,

We have some Apple Macs which are not networked yet, a GotorStar,
an Apple LaserWriter IIG and an Ethernet LAN. Currently the
LaserWriter is operating as a serial device from a SUN workstation
using Transcript as the driver. What does one do to have the Apple
Macs share the printer? Is my understanig of the following
steps correct?:
(1) Do the Macs need a Phonenet to which they  can be hooked, or
    do they all have to have Ethernet cards in them? (Some Macs do 
	not have a slot for the Ethernet cards).
(3) Once a Phonenet is in place, all we need to do is to
configure the GatorStar to act as a Gateway between AppleTalk
and LocalTalk and as a PhaseII Bridge.
(4) Connect the printer(IIG)  to the Ethernet .

All and any help is appreciated.

Thanx.
						-Shanti