Subject: Netatalk

From: [email-masked] (Shanti Suresh)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 92 08:03:03 EST

Hi,

I have an Apple LaserWriter IIG on a network with no AppleTalk yet.
I do have a GatorStar gateway but the AppleTalk stuff isn't turned 
on yet. Is someone using such a configuation or even a LaserWriter
IIG and have gooten "netatalk" to work? I'd appreciate any help.
I am not well-versed in "AppleTalk" and am at a loss. 
Do I need "phase II" of netatalk for any reason? Will the current
version of netatalk work if I were to configure the GatorStar?

Thanx.
						-Shanti

---

From: Charles Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1992 15:51:30 -0500 (EST)

> version of netatalk work if I were to configure the GatorStar?

Current versions of netatalk use only Phase 1, LaserWriter IIG will use
only Phase 2.  To use them together you would need to configure the
GatorStar to do Phase1/Phase2 transition bridging.