Subject: MMAXOFF not defined

From: [email-masked] (John R. Cary)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 92 14:22:03 GDT

I am trying to build netatalk on an RS6000 running AIX 3.2.  I
found my way through the build of the user stuff.  Now I am
working on the system stuff.  The problem (upon making in
sys/rs6k) is:

        cc -D_KERNEL -DKERNEL  -I../../include -I../netatalk -c aarp.c
"aarp.c", line 146.8: 1506-022 (S) m_off not a member of the struct or union m.
"aarp.c", line 146.16: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier MMAXOFF.
"aarp.c", line 492.8: 1506-022 (S) m_off not a member of the struct or union m.
"aarp.c", line 492.16: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier MMAXOFF.
make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

I looked in /usr/include/sys/mbuf.h and saw, indeed, that m_off is not
a member of the structure.  m_data is, so I changed that since it looked
right.  But still I do not know what to do about MMAXOFF.  Help?

Thanks...John Cary

-- 
--------------------------
John R. Cary                                  [email-masked]
Department of Astrophysical, Planetary and Atmospheric Sciences
University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309-0391
ph. (303) 492-1489                                   fax (303) 492-0642

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 92 16:51:48 -0400

> From:    [email-masked] (John R. Cary)
> To:      [email-masked]

> I am trying to build netatalk on an RS6000 running AIX 3.2.

netatalk 1.2.1 is not supported on aix3.2. If you'd like to do a port,
I can tell you that aix3.2 uses 4.3bsd-reno networking. I don't really
know what other changes might have been made.

wes