Subject: umask for afpd

From: [email-masked] (John R. Cary)
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 92 17:22:10 MST

Is there any way to set umask in afpd?  I have it set in my .profile,
so it works when I come in via a shell.....Thx...John Cary

-- 
--------------------------
John R. Cary                                  [email-masked]
Department of Astrophysical, Planetary and Atmospheric Sciences
University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309-0391
ph. (303) 492-1489                                   fax (303) 492-0642

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 92 12:05:23 -0500

> From:    [email-masked] (John R. Cary)
> To:      [email-masked]

> so it works when I come in via a shell.....Thx...John Cary

There's no easy way to set your umask in afpd, but you can apply the
patches sent out by Chris Metcalf.  Chris fixed many long standing
problems with the way permission are handled in afpd.  They should be
in the mailing list archive, or you could ask Chris.  (The fixes will
be in the next release as well.)

wes