Subject: Help with a paintjet run with ghostscript

From: [email-masked] (Mark Holm)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 92 9:39:26 PDT

I am new to the list so please bear with me if this is a FAQ. Also please
respond dircetly to me as I have just made the request to be added and do
not know how long this takes. I will summarize if responses warrent.

Question:

I have a HP Paintjet attached to a Sun that I am driving with Ghostscript
V2.5. THis was working fine from the Sun side but now my Macintosh users
would like to use this printer also. I acquired version 1.2.1 of netatalk
from the net and proceeded to configure the papd server for it. After a
little confusion with routing and masking off the Kinetics Fastpath that I
have in my network, everything came up just fine. I went over to one of the
Macs and spooled a couple of jobs and the Sun accepted them just fine ...
but nothing came out. I turned off the spooler and capture a couple of
jobs as they came into the spooler and hand fed them into ghostscript to
see what the problem was. I got back a partial image and then a message to
the effect of font not loaded. This actually looks like a procset problem,
since what I am currently using is just what got generically down loaded
when I tried to run the job. Bottom line is, does anybody already have this
configuration running, and can you point me at a good set of generic
procsets for this combinationtion. And last but not least, yes I am trying
to get the MACPS package.

===========================================================================
Mark Holm                                           [email-masked]  -or-
Analogy                                           ..sun!nosun!analogy!markh
P.O. Box 1669                                           Phone (503)626-9700
Beaverton, Oregon 97075-1669				Fax   (503)643-3361