Subject: trying netatlk 1.2.1 on HP-UX Rel 8.07 ?

From: "Dimitris Karaiskakis" <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Dec 92 12:02:33 EDT

I have an HP Apollo 720 running HP-UX Rel 8.07 and I am trying to install
netatalk 1.2.1  on it.

The kernel seems to support Appletalk as the command 'netstat' gives me the
following output:
......
34> netstat -i
Name  Mtu   Network         Address            Ipkts Ierrs    Opkts Oerrs  Col
lo0   1536  appletalk       256.0.0              298     0      298     0     0
lo0   1536  loopback        localhost            298     0      298     0     0
lan0  1497  appletalk       745.0.0            15252     0     1049     0     0
lan0  1497  cti1            apollon.cti.gr     15252     0     1049     0     0
----------------------------------
First Question:
Does anyone know why the appletalk address of my node is in the form A.B.C and
not in the form A.B ?
(The A stands for 'Net' , B for 'Node' and C for 'Bridge')
                                          --------------

Second Question:
How can I get and set the Appletalk address of my node using a
SIOCGIFADDR style ioctl ?

Any help on these will be appreciated.
Thanks
Dimitris Karaiskakis
E-Mail:  [email-masked] or [email-masked]