Subject: How to turn off carriage/return line feeds?

From: [email-masked] (John R. Cary)
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 92 8:48:15 MST

I am running netatalk 1.2.1 on an RS6000/320H with AIX3.1.5.

The man pages on afpd note:

          If carriage return/line feed translation is enabled, it is
          not safe to copy Unix binaries to a Macintosh disk and back
          to Unix.

However, I cannot find how one enables/disables carriage return/line 
feed translation.  ????

Thanks.

-- 
--------------------------
John R. Cary                                  [email-masked]
Department of Astrophysical, Planetary and Atmospheric Sciences
University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309-0391
ph. (303) 492-1489                                   fax (303) 492-0642

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 92 14:37:37 -0500

> From:    [email-masked] (John R. Cary)
> To:      [email-masked]

> However, I cannot find how one enables/disables carriage return/line 

In etc/afpd/conf.h, undefine CRLF, make clean afpd, and rebuild it.
You'll probably need to set DESTDIR on the command line of the make,
since it's not set in subdirectory makefiles, and I'm guessing you
didn't install afpd in /etc.  Some of the other machines wouldn't have
to do the make clean, but the AIX compiler doesn't support the
mechanism we're using to do make depend, so the dependencies are sure
to be incomplete.

wes