Subject: 1.2.1, SunOS 4.1.1, lpd beats HP IIIsi to death

From: "G. Paul Ziemba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 92 17:32:43 -0700

Hi folks,
I've submitted my request to be put on the netatalk-admins list,
but it might be a while, so responses to this message won't reach
me unless you reply to me directly.

I've just built netatalk 1.2.1 on my Sun Sparc IPC running SunOS 4.1.1.
It built and installed without a hitch - definitely one of the easier
installs I've done in a while.

I set up our /etc/printcap similar to the one in etc/psf/etc.printcap,
and I can print plain ascii and PS stuff to out HP IIIsi printer,
which has an EtherTalk interface on it.

However, it seems that either lpd or one of the psf-filters keeps restarting
the print job after the file has come out of the printer, with successive
invocations of pap and friends.

Has anyone else experienced this problem (and come up with a remedy?)
Is it possible that I configured something wrong? Is it possibly something
related to the IIIsi problems mentioned in the 1.2.1 CHANGES?
Where should I look?

Thanks for any guidance y'all can give me. A copy of my /etc/printcap
follows.

 ~!paul

#
# Ethertalk LaserWriter
#
lp|HP IIIsi on AppleTalk:\
    :lp=/dev/null:lf=/var/adm/lpd-errs:pw#80:sh:\
    :of=/usr/local/atalk/etc/ofpap:\
    :if=/usr/local/atalk/etc/ifpap: