Subject: Re: New Blood and a Question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 92 15:34:38 -0400

> From:    [email-masked] ("Mr. Mike" Passaretti)

> atalkd[134]: echo: service unknown
> atalkd[134]: rtmp: service unknown
> atalkd[134]: zip: service unknown
> atalkd[134]: nbp: service unknown

> I tacked etc.services onto /etc/services and did the
> appropriate magic to load the driver...

I'm guessing that when you added etc.services to /etc/services, you
broke something. Are the entries still tab separated?

> atalkd[134]: rtmp_addrt: Network is unreachable
> atalkd[134]: rtmp_delrt: No such process

> plus I'm getting bursts of 

> atalkd[134]: zip sendto 1.147:6: Can't assign requested address
> atalkd[134]: zip sendto 1.212:6: Can't assign requested address
> atalkd[134]: zip sendto 1.147:6: Can't assign requested address

> ifconfig le0 5.0
> ifconfig lo0 0.0

Hm. I wonder if you have your net address correct in your config file.
The "Can't assign requested address" errors are presumably coming from
the routine that trys to get zone names for routes that it has seen.
Since the packets are being sent to 1.147 and 1.212, I'd suppose that
those hosts are the two routers on your net. So, perhaps the net
address for your host should actually be 1, not 5?

> P.S. I hit -request with this too.  Please add me to the list

Done.

wes

BTW, sorry it took me a bit to respond. We've had some problems with
our various netatalk lists here.