Subject: phase 2???

From: Pat Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 92 09:31:22 EDT

Ok - I'll bite.  Are we _ever_ going to see netatalk with phase 2
support?

Pat Wilson
Dartmouth College

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 92 11:51:47 -0400

> From:    Pat Wilson <[email-masked]>
> To:      [email-masked]

> Ok - I'll bite.  Are we _ever_ going to see netatalk with phase 2

Free software is a funny thing. I'm not sure if the term "support"
actually belongs with it. I'm wondering if you've actually been reading
the mail on this list. Did I *say* I was working on phase 2? Look,
Pat:  If you don't like my time line, do phase 2 yourself.  If you
don't want to write it yourself, for whatever reason, try patience.
I've made a great deal of progress on netatalk lately, and reading your
message I feel rewarded for my efforts.

wes

---

From: Carol Kamm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 92 11:58:03 -0400

>  Ok - I'll bite.  Are we _ever_ going to see netatalk with phase 2

I hate to keep saying "real soon now", but that really is the
case, at least for CITI's RS/6K-AIX implementation.  We are finalizing
some packaging details.  I'll post a message to this group when
it's available.  Sorry for the delays, but I'd rather make sure
it really works once you get it then rush the release.  Thanks for
your patience.

I'll leave it to Wes and his crew to discuss their plans for
phase-2 implementation on non-RS6k platforms.

Carol Kamm
Center for Information Technology Integration
Information Technology Division
University of Michigan
313/763-4888