Subject: Problem with Word trying to read from Sun disk

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 92 16:04:11 BST

We have been using Netatalk v.1.2.1 for some time now and using Sun discs
to hold Mac files which we access via afpd. We have jsut received some
files which are in EPS (encapsulated PS format). When these files
are stored on the Sun disc and we try and read them into MS Word 5.0
we initially get the box which says converting EPS come up but then
a warning box appears which says "Invalid data in conversion file".

If the EPS file is stored on the Mac Hard Disc there is no problem and
the EPS file is converted and read in OK. The resulting diagrams are
as expected.

We have also found that if we try and copy these EPS files from the Sun
disc to the Mac disc then the Mac will hang entirely and will need to
be rebooted. We have not seen this kind of problem before with other files.

The original files are commercial software (EPS maps). The Macs are IIci's
(it happens on more than one), the Sun is an IPC running SunOS4.1.1

Has anyone seen anything like this or can shed any light on what is
going on. Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: [email-masked]
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,      BITNET: nbc%uk.ac.rl.inf@ukacrl
Chilton, Didcot, Oxon,  OX11 0QX     JANET:     [email-masked]
England                              Tel: +44 235 44 5740  Fax: +44 235 44 5831