Subject: netatalk

From: [email-masked] (Felicia Cheng)
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 92 16:30:25 -0400

I have a MAC LC running System 6.0.7, configured with an ethernet card.
with VersaTerm installed.
I also have a Sun workstation running  Sun OS 4.1.2 and is
connected to a SparcPrinter with NeWSprint 2.0 installed.

With the above configuration, can I print from MAC to the SUN ?
Do I need any special gateway such as Shiva FastPath ?

I have read that I may need to update the printing to system 7,
if so, how can I get the System 7 printing drivers?

thanx
felicia cheng

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 92 18:56:38 -0400

> From:    [email-masked] (Felicia Cheng)
> To:      [email-masked]

> Do I need any special gateway such as Shiva FastPath ?

No special gateway is required. netatalk 1.2.1 (the currently released
version) does not do phase 2 appletalk, so you'll need to keep your
phase 1 appletalk drivers around on your mac.  I'm not aware of anyone
who has tried netatalk with NeWSprint, but we are interested in seeing
it work.

> if so, how can I get the System 7 printing drivers?

If you upgrade your mac to 6.0.8, you'll get the system 7 print
drivers.  It is a good idea to upgrade.

wes